Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
- Koh S, Kim H, Kim J, Goo E, Kim Y, Choi O, et al. A novel light-dependent selection marker system in plants. Plant Biotechnol J. 2011;9:348-58 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose the toxoflavin/tflA selection system, which is based on the degradation of the photosensitizer, provides a new robust nonantibiotic selection marker system for diverse plants. ..
- Lee W, Lee D, Chung W, Kwon C. Arabidopsis ING and Alfin1-like protein families localize to the nucleus and bind to H3K4me3/2 via plant homeodomain fingers. Plant J. 2009;58:511-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that ING and AL proteins are nuclear proteins that are involved in chromatin regulation by binding to H3K4me3/2, the active histone markers, in plants. ..
- Kim S, Kim H, Bahk S, An J, Yoo Y, Kim J, et al. Phosphorylation of the transcriptional repressor MYB15 by mitogen-activated protein kinase 6 is required for freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6613-6627 pubmed publisher..The MYB15S168A-overexpressing plants were also more sensitive to freezing than MYB15-overexpressing plants. These results suggest that MPK6-mediated regulation of MYB15 plays an important role in cold stress signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Han M, Lee J, Lee S. Enhanced proteome profiling by inhibiting proteolysis with small heat shock proteins. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:2429-34 pubmed..Therefore, the use of sHsps during 2-DE significantly improves proteome profiling by generally enabling the detection of many more protein spots that could not be seen previously...
- Li X, Ramchiary N, Dhandapani V, Choi S, Hur Y, Nou I, et al. Quantitative trait loci mapping in Brassica rapa revealed the structural and functional conservation of genetic loci governing morphological and yield component traits in the A, B, and C subgenomes of Brassica species. DNA Res. 2013;20:1-16 pubmed publisher..rapa, B. juncea, and B. napus. The information of the identified candidate genes could be used for breeding B. rapa and other related Brassica species...
- Lim H, Nam J, Seo E, Nam M, Vaira A, Bae H, et al. The coat protein of Alternanthera mosaic virus is the elicitor of a temperature-sensitive systemic necrosis in Nicotiana benthamiana, and interacts with a host boron transporter protein. Virology. 2014;452-453:264-78 pubmed publisher..benthamiana homolog NbBOR1 interacted more strongly with CPSP than CP(Po) in bimolecular fluorescence complementation, and may affect recognition of CP as an elicitor of SN. ..
- Jeong S, Das P, Jeoung S, Song J, Lee H, Kim Y, et al. Ethylene suppression of sugar-induced anthocyanin pigmentation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:1514-31 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the suppression of SUC1 expression by ethylene inhibits Suc-induced anthocyanin accumulation in the presence of light and, hence, fine-tunes anthocyanin homeostasis. ..
- Li X, Ramchiary N, Choi S, Van Nguyen D, Hossain M, Yang H, et al. Development of a high density integrated reference genetic linkage map for the multinational Brassica rapa Genome Sequencing Project. Genome. 2010;53:939-47 pubmed publisher..juncea breeding. and the identified Arabidopsis chromosomal blocks and known quantitative trait loci (QTL) information of B. juncea could be applied to improve other Brassica crops including B. rapa...
- Farag M, Song G, Park Y, Audrain B, Lee S, Ghigo J, et al. Biological and chemical strategies for exploring inter- and intra-kingdom communication mediated via bacterial volatile signals. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1359-1377 pubmed publisher..Using both these procedures, bacteria-bacteria communications and bacteria-plant interactions mediated by BVCs can be rapidly investigated (within 1-4 weeks). ..
- Shin J, Park E, Choi G. PIF3 regulates anthocyanin biosynthesis in an HY5-dependent manner with both factors directly binding anthocyanin biosynthetic gene promoters in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;49:981-94 pubmed..Collectively, these data show that PIF3 and HY5 regulate anthocyanin biosynthesis by simultaneously binding anthocyanin biosynthetic gene promoters at separate sequence elements. ..
- Oh E, Kang H, Yamaguchi S, Park J, Lee D, Kamiya Y, et al. Genome-wide analysis of genes targeted by PHYTOCHROME INTERACTING FACTOR 3-LIKE5 during seed germination in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:403-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that PIL5 inhibits seed germination not just through GA and ABA, but also by coordinating hormone signals and modulating cell wall properties in imbibed seeds. ..
- Das P, Shin D, Choi S, Yoo S, Choi G, Park Y. Cytokinins enhance sugar-induced anthocyanin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Mol Cells. 2012;34:93-101 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that cytokinin acts down-stream of the photosynthetic electron transport chain in which the plastoquinone redox poise is modulated by sugars in a photoreceptor independent manner. ..
- Park J, Lee N, Kim W, Lim S, Choi G. ABI3 and PIL5 collaboratively activate the expression of SOMNUS by directly binding to its promoter in imbibed Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1404-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that ABI3 and PIL5 collaboratively activate the expression of SOM mRNA by directly binding to and interacting with each other at the SOM promoter. ..
- Kim W, Lee Y, Park J, Lee N, Choi G. HONSU, a protein phosphatase 2C, regulates seed dormancy by inhibiting ABA signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:555-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the expression of HON mRNA is homeostatically regulated by seed dormancy. ..
- Oh E, Yamaguchi S, Hu J, Yusuke J, Jung B, Paik I, et al. PIL5, a phytochrome-interacting bHLH protein, regulates gibberellin responsiveness by binding directly to the GAI and RGA promoters in Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1192-208 pubmed
- Kim H, Choi S, Bae J, Hong C, Lee S, Hossain M, et al. Sequenced BAC anchored reference genetic map that reconciles the ten individual chromosomes of Brassica rapa. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:432 pubmed publisher..rapa. Consequently, the BrGSP assigned each of the linkage groups to the project members as chromosome substitutes for sequencing...
- Swaraz A, Park Y, Hur Y. Knock-out mutations of Arabidopsis SmD3-b induce pleotropic phenotypes through altered transcript splicing. Plant Sci. 2011;180:661-71 pubmed publisher..All data indicate that SmD3-b may be major component of the spliceosomal snRNP in Arabidopsis, but the function of SmD3-a may be redundant. ..
- Kim D, Yamaguchi S, Lim S, Oh E, Park J, Hanada A, et al. SOMNUS, a CCCH-type zinc finger protein in Arabidopsis, negatively regulates light-dependent seed germination downstream of PIL5. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1260-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that SOM is a component in the phytochrome signal transduction pathway that regulates hormone metabolic genes downstream of PIL5 during seed germination. ..
- Han S, Kim D. AtRTPrimer: database for Arabidopsis genome-wide homogeneous and specific RT-PCR primer-pairs. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:179 pubmed..Furthermore, by experimentally evaluating our database, we made sure that our database provides good starting primer pairs for Arabidopsis researchers to perform various types of RT-PCR experiments. ..
- Park J, Nguyen K, Park E, Jeon J, Choi G. DELLA proteins and their interacting RING Finger proteins repress gibberellin responses by binding to the promoters of a subset of gibberellin-responsive genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:927-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the DELLA and BOI proteins inhibit GA responses by interacting with each other, binding to the same promoters of GA-responsive genes, and repressing these genes. ..
- Kim K, Shin J, Lee S, Kweon H, Maloof J, Choi G. Phytochromes inhibit hypocotyl negative gravitropism by regulating the development of endodermal amyloplasts through phytochrome-interacting factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1729-34 pubmed publisher..Although the functions of phytochromes in gravitropism and chloroplast development are normally considered distinct, our results indicate that these two functions are closely related...
- ..ADP1 wax ester synthase (atfA) and the E. coli mutant alcohol dehydrogenase (adhE(mut)). ..
- Shin D, Choi M, Kim K, Bang G, Cho M, Choi S, et al. HY5 regulates anthocyanin biosynthesis by inducing the transcriptional activation of the MYB75/PAP1 transcription factor in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1543-7 pubmed publisher..The results show that HY5 regulates PAP1 expression via direct binding to G- and ACE-boxes in the promoter region, which suggests bifurcate regulation of anthocyanin biosynthesis by HY5 via transcriptional activation of PAP1. ..
- Lee B, Farag M, Park H, Kloepper J, Lee S, Ryu C. Induced resistance by a long-chain bacterial volatile: elicitation of plant systemic defense by a C13 volatile produced by Paenibacillus polymyxa. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48744 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to evaluate whether species-specific VOCs from PGPR strain Paenibacillus polymyxa E681 can promote growth and induce resistance in Arabidopsis...
- Lee J, Han C, Hur Y. Molecular characterization of the Brassica rapa auxin-repressed, superfamily genes, BrARP1 and BrDRM1. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:197-209 pubmed publisher..Results suggest BrARP1 and BrDRM1 are either involved in growth arrest, or stop growth, possibly from inhibition of either cell elongation or cell expansion, thereby creating a "growth brake". ..
- Lee S, Cho H. PINOID positively regulates auxin efflux in Arabidopsis root hair cells and tobacco cells. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1604-16 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that PID positively regulates cellular auxin efflux, most likely by modulating the trafficking of PIN and/or some other molecular partners involved in auxin efflux. ..
- Oh E, Yamaguchi S, Kamiya Y, Bae G, Chung W, Choi G. Light activates the degradation of PIL5 protein to promote seed germination through gibberellin in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2006;47:124-39 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that phytochromes promote seed germination by degrading PIL5, which leads to increased GA biosynthesis and decreased GA degradation. ..
- Paik I, Yang S, Choi G. Phytochrome regulates translation of mRNA in the cytosol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1335-40 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrate that phytochromes transmit light signals to regulate not only transcription in the nucleus through PIFs, but also translation in the cytosol through PNT1. ..
- Kim Y, Kim M, Choi Y, Park S, Yun D, Noh E, et al. Transgenic poplar expressing Arabidopsis NDPK2 enhances growth as well as oxidative stress tolerance. Plant Biotechnol J. 2011;9:334-47 pubmed publisher..SN plants exhibited higher transcript levels of the auxin-response genes IAA2 and IAA5. These results suggest that enhanced AtNDPK2 expression affects oxidative stress tolerance leading to improved plant growth in transgenic poplar. ..
- Nguyen K, Park J, Park E, Lee I, Choi G. The Arabidopsis RING Domain Protein BOI Inhibits Flowering via CO-dependent and CO-independent Mechanisms. Mol Plant. 2015;8:1725-36 pubmed publisher..Our finding that BOIs inhibit CO targeting further suggests that, in addition to modulating CO mRNA expression and CO protein stability, flowering regulation can also modulate the targeting of CO to FT. ..
- Cho M, Lee S, Cho H. P-glycoprotein4 displays auxin efflux transporter-like action in Arabidopsis root hair cells and tobacco cells. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3930-43 pubmed..These results suggest that PGP4 is an auxin efflux transporter in plants and that its trafficking to the plasma membrane involves both BFA-sensitive and -insensitive pathways...
- Kwon K, Choi D, Hyun J, Jung H, Baek K, Park C. Novel glyoxalases from Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS J. 2013;280:3328-39 pubmed publisher..When the wild-type DJ-1d enzyme was expressed in E. coli, the bacteria became resistant to glyoxals. ..
- Park E, Park J, Kim J, Nagatani A, Lagarias J, Choi G. Phytochrome B inhibits binding of phytochrome-interacting factors to their target promoters. Plant J. 2012;72:537-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that phyB inhibition of PIF function involves two separate processes: sequestration and protein degradation. ..
- Oh E, Kim J, Park E, Kim J, Kang C, Choi G. PIL5, a phytochrome-interacting basic helix-loop-helix protein, is a key negative regulator of seed germination in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3045-58 pubmed..Our data identify PIL5 as the first Phy-interacting protein that regulates seed germination. ..