Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications1096 found, 100 shown here
- Choi Y, Park J, Ko Y, Kim Y, Pyo J, Jang B, et al. FOXO1 reduces tumorsphere formation capacity and has crosstalk with LGR5 signaling in gastric cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1349-1355 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that FOXO1 inhibits the self-renewal capacity of GC cells through interaction with LGR5. Thus, FOXO1/LGR5 signaling pathway may provide a novel targeted therapy for GC...
- Yeo I, Yong T, Im K. Serodiagnosis of human sparganosis by a monoclonal antibody-based competition ELISA. Yonsei Med J. 1994;35:43-8 pubmed
- Kang M, Chung Y, Hwang C, Murata M, Fujimoto T, Mook Jung I, et al. Caveolin-1 upregulation in senescent neurons alters amyloid precursor protein processing. Exp Mol Med. 2006;38:126-33 pubmed..From these results we conclude that caveolin-1 is selectively expressed in senescent neurons and that it induces the processing of APP by beta-secretase via PKC downregulation. ..
- Kim M, Lee S, Kim W, Ki S, Moon A, Lee C, et al. G alpha 12/13 basally regulates p53 through Mdm4 expression. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:473-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that G alpha(12/13) regulate basal p53 levels via mdm4, which constitutes a cell signaling pathway distinct from p53 phosphorylations elicited by genotoxic stress. ..
- Kim S, Jung J, Kim H, Park T. Anti-obesity effects of Juniperus chinensis extract are associated with increased AMP-activated protein kinase expression and phosphorylation in the visceral adipose tissue of rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1415-21 pubmed
- Chang Y, Kim Y, Yoo H, Sung D, Kim S, Kang S, et al. Alpha-phenyl-N-tert-butylnitrone attenuates hyperoxia-induced lung injury by down-modulating inflammation in neonatal rats. Exp Lung Res. 2009;35:234-49 pubmed publisher..In summary, a spin-trapping agent PBN significantly attenuated hyperoxia-induced lung injury by down-regulating the inflammatory responses in neonatal rats. ..
- Seo S, Kim J, Lee S, Shin C, Shin S, Park I. Fumigant antitermitic activity of plant essential oils and components from Ajowan ( Trachyspermum ammi ), Allspice ( Pimenta dioica ), caraway ( Carum carvi ), dill ( Anethum graveolens ), Geranium ( Pelargonium graveolens ), and Litsea ( Litsea cube. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:6596-602 pubmed publisher..The essential oils and compounds described herein merit further study as potential fumigants for termite control. ..
- Kang K, Shin E, Hur J, Hasan M, Lee H, Park H, et al. Acupuncture attenuates neuronal cell death in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of focal ischemia. Neurol Res. 2010;32 Suppl 1:84-7 pubmed publisher..1 +/- 4.5% in the motor cortex, compared with the contralateral side (100%). This study showed that acupuncture had neuroprotective effects against focal ischemia in the middle cerebral artery occlusion model. ..
- Yoon H, Lim J, Kim T, Cho C, Min C. Effects of pravastatin on murine chronic graft-versus-host disease. Transplantation. 2010;90:853-60 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the CGVHD-protecting effect of PST involves the down-regulation of chemokines and the reduction of collagen synthesis. ..
- Choi R, Shin E, Jung H, Choi J, Kim Y. Inhibitory effects of kaurenoic acid from Aralia continentalis on LPS-induced inflammatory response in RAW264.7 macrophages. Phytomedicine. 2011;18:677-82 pubmed publisher..continentalis shows anti-inflammatory activity and the inhibition of iNOS and COX-2 expression might be one of the mechanisms responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties. ..
- Moon Y, Lee J, Oh M, Pak Y, Park K, Oh T, et al. Inhibition of inflammation and oxidative stress by Angelica dahuricae radix extract decreases apoptotic cell death and improves functional recovery after spinal cord injury. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:243-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that ADR extract provides neuroprotection by alleviating inflammation and oxidative stress and can be used as an orally administered therapeutic agent for acute SCI. ..
- Kim Y, Cho H, Ahn Y, Kim J, Yoon Y. Effect of NMDA NR2B antagonist on neuropathic pain in two spinal cord injury models. Pain. 2012;153:1022-9 pubmed publisher..A selective subtype of NMDA receptor, such as NR2B, may be a more selective target for pain control because NMDA receptors play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of chronic pain. ..
- Yoon I, Han S, Choi Y, Kang H, Cho H, Kim J, et al. Saturable sinusoidal uptake is rate-determining process in hepatic elimination of docetaxel in rats. Xenobiotica. 2012;42:1110-9 pubmed publisher..Based on the comparison of intrinsic clearances related to hepatic clearance, it can be suggested that sinusoidal uptake could be the rate-determining process in the overall hepatic elimination of docetaxel in rats. ..
- Park H, Kim Y, Koh H, Park C, Kang S, Choi J, et al. Analgesic effects of dexmedetomidine in vincristine-evoked painful neuropathic rats. J Korean Med Sci. 2012;27:1411-7 pubmed publisher..5 g at saline, 12.5, 25, 50, and 100 µg/kg dexmedetomidine injection, respectively. Dexmedetomidine shows a dose-dependent antiallodynic effect on mechanical and cold stimuli in vincristine-evoked neuropathic rat models (P < 0.05). ..
- Park J, Kwak J, Riederer B, Seidler U, Cole S, Lee H, et al. Na?/H? exchanger regulatory factor 3 is critical for multidrug resistance protein 4-mediated drug efflux in the kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:726-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NHERF3 is a key regulator of organic transport in the kidney, particularly MRP4-mediated clearance of drug molecules. ..
- Choi Y, Lee J, Kim H, Sim M, Kim K, Lee G, et al. Establishment and characterisation of patient-derived xenografts as paraclinical models for gastric cancer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22172 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic and histological characteristics were highly consistent between primary and PDX tumours, which provide realistic paraclinical models, enabling personalised development of treatment options for gastric cancer. ..
- Chang J, Kim I, Ahn J, Kim S. The CNS midline cells control the spitz class and Egfr signaling genes to establish the proper cell fate of the Drosophila ventral neuroectoderm. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:715-24 pubmed
- Hur J, Kim S, Kim H, Cha S, Lee M, Suk K. Induction of caspase-11 by inflammatory stimuli in rat astrocytes: lipopolysaccharide induction through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2001;507:157-62 pubmed..Inflammatory induction of caspase-11 in astrocytes may play an important role in both inflammatory responses involving these cells and auto-regulatory apoptosis of activated astrocytes in inflammatory sites. ..
- Hong S, Koh Y, Chung K, Kim D. Snake venom disintegrin, saxatilin, inhibits platelet aggregation, human umbilical vein endothelial cell proliferation, and smooth muscle cell migration. Thromb Res. 2002;105:79-86 pubmed..Several lines of experimental evidence suggest potential use of saxatilin for development of therapeutic agents. ..
- Kim S, Min D, Choi J, Choi Y, Park H, Sung K, et al. Differential expression of phospholipase D isozymes in the hippocampus following kainic acid-induced seizures. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:812-20 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that PLD1 and PLD2 exercise their unique pathophysiological functions in the rat hippocampus after KA-induced seizures. ..
- Yun C, Kim E, Koo T, Kim H, Lee Y, Kim J. ADP-overexpressing adenovirus elicits enhanced cytopathic effect by induction of apoptosis. Cancer Gene Ther. 2005;12:61-71 pubmed
- Lee K, Yoon J, Kim E, Kang S, Kim Y. Anti-acetylcholinesterase and anti-amnesic activities of a pregnane glycoside, cynatroside B, from Cynanchum atratum. Planta Med. 2005;71:7-11 pubmed..We suggest, therefore, that cynatroside B has both anti-AChE and anti-amnesic activities that may ultimately hold significant therapeutic value in alleviating certain memory impairments observed in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yoon M, Yon C, Park S, Oh D, Han A, Kim D, et al. Role of phospholipase D1 in neurite outgrowth of neural stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:804-11 pubmed..In conclusion, this is the first evidence to show that PLD1 acts as an important regulator of neurite outgrowth in neural stem cell by promoting neuronal differentiation via increase of synapsin I expression. ..
- Kim S, Kang H, Kim N, Lee H, Lee H. Assessment of the integrity of human oocytes retrieved from cryopreserved ovarian tissue after xenotransplantation. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2502-8 pubmed..Retrieval of oocytes from the xenograft can be carried out and is reproducible. However, many oocytes, grown in host animals and further matured in vitro, showed aberrant microtubule organization and chromatin patterns. ..
- Lee J, Visser F, Lee J, Lee K, Soh J, Ho W, et al. Protein kinase C-dependent enhancement of activity of rat brain NCKX2 heterologously expressed in HEK293 cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39205-16 pubmed..These findings suggest that PKC-mediated activation of NCKX2 is sensitive to mutation of multiple PKC consensus sites via a mechanism that may involve several phosphorylation events. ..
- Chae Y, Hong M, Kim G, Hahm D, Park H, Ha E, et al. Protein array analysis of cytokine levels on the action of acupuncture in carrageenan-induced inflammation. Neurol Res. 2007;29 Suppl 1:S55-8 pubmed..These findings might give us a clue in elucidating the underlying mechanism of anti-inflammatory effect of acupuncture. ..
- Park Y, Kim J, Shin Y, Kim S, Whang K. Effect of dietary inclusion of Lactobacillus acidophilus ATCC 43121 on cholesterol metabolism in rats. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:655-62 pubmed..Thus, in the rat, L. acidophilus ATCC 43121 is more likely to affect deconjugation and dehydroxylation during cholesterol metabolism than the assimilation of cholesterol into cell membranes. ..
- Chang S, Jung E, Lim D, Oyungerel B, Lim K, Her E, et al. Anti-inflammatory action of Cudrania tricuspidata on spleen cell and T lymphocyte proliferation. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2008;60:1221-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that C. tricuspidata may be useful in the treatment of autoimmune diseases and organ transplantation through the inhibitory action of T cells in inflammation...
- Woo H, Bae S, Park S, Rhee S. Sestrin 2 is not a reductase for cysteine sulfinic acid of peroxiredoxins. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:739-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, unlike Srx, Sesn 2 is not a sulfinic Prx reductase. ..
- Lee I, Ree H, An S, Linton J, Yong T. Reemergence of the bedbug Cimex lectularius in Seoul, Korea. Korean J Parasitol. 2008;46:269-71 pubmed publisher..We assume that the bedbugs were introduced from abroad, since there had been no report on bedbugs in Seoul for more than 2 decades at least. This is a report of a reemergence of the common bedbug, C. lectularius in Seoul, Korea...
- Lee H, Kim C, Kim S, Kim M, Park D. Epithin, a target of transforming growth factor-beta signaling, mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:553-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that TGF-beta upregulates epithin transcriptionally via the Smad2/Smad4-mediated pathway. These results suggest that epithin is a key mediator of TGF-beta-induced EMT in tumor progression. ..
- Ki J, Dahms H, Hwang J, Lee J. The complete mitogenome of the hydrothermal vent crab Xenograpsus testudinatus (Decapoda, Brachyura) and comparison with brachyuran crabs. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2009;4:290-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the vent crab studied here has little mitochondrial genetic variation when compared with morphologically defined conspecifics from other marine habitats...
- Park K. Raspberry ketone increases both lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Planta Med. 2010;76:1654-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RK holds great promise as an herbal medicine since its biological activities alter the lipid metabolism in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. ..
- Wee Y, Choi M, Kang C, Kim Y, Kim J, Lee S, et al. The synergistic effect of Tautomycetin on Cyclosporine A-mediated immunosuppression in a rodent islet allograft model. Mol Med. 2010;16:298-306 pubmed publisher..We suggest that CsA and TMC act synergistically to reduce the function of T-effector cells and enhance regulatory cell function in this islet allotransplantation model. ..
- Lee S, Kim T, Kwak T, Kim H, Kim S, Lee H, et al. Transmembrane 4 L six family member 5 (TM4SF5) enhances migration and invasion of hepatocytes for effective metastasis. J Cell Biochem. 2010;111:59-66 pubmed publisher..Altogether, TM4SF5-mediated migration and invasion suggest that TM4SF5 may be therapeutically targeted to deal with TM4SF5-mediated hepatocellular cancers. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Joo K, Choi S, Choi E, Shin J, et al. Globotriaosylceramide leads to K(Ca)3.1 channel dysfunction: a new insight into endothelial dysfunction in Fabry disease. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:290-9 pubmed publisher..Gb3 thereby evokes K(Ca)3.1 channel dysfunction, and the channel dysfunction in vascular endothelial cells may contribute to vasculopathy in Fabry disease. ..
- Jang H, Ha U, Kim S, Yoon B, Han D, Yuk S, et al. Anthocyanin extracted from black soybean reduces prostate weight and promotes apoptosis in the prostatic hyperplasia-induced rat model. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:12686-91 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to better understand the mechanisms and actions of anthocyanin, and these studies may lead to the clinical application of anthocyanin in treating BPH. ..
- Quan W, Kim H, Moon E, Kim S, Choi C, Komatsu M, et al. Role of hypothalamic proopiomelanocortin neuron autophagy in the control of appetite and leptin response. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1817-26 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a critical role for autophagy of POMC neurons in the control of energy homeostasis and leptin signaling. ..
- Lee J, Kim H, Kim K, Jin W, Lee S, Kim H, et al. CXCL10 promotes osteolytic bone metastasis by enhancing cancer outgrowth and osteoclastogenesis. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3175-86 pubmed publisher..CXCL10 therefore may represent a therapeutic target for osteolytic bone metastasis. ..
- Byun M, Kim A, Hwang J, Sung M, Lee Y, Hwang B, et al. Phorbaketal A stimulates osteoblast differentiation through TAZ mediated Runx2 activation. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1086-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results showed that phorbaketal A stimulates TAZ-mediated osteoblast differentiation through the activation of ERK. ..
- Park I, Lee H, Choi E, Lee Y, Kwon M, Min J, et al. Loss of BubR1 acetylation causes defects in spindle assembly checkpoint signaling and promotes tumor formation. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:295-309 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the combined effects of failure in chromosome-spindle attachment and weakened SAC cause genetic instability and cancer in K243R/+ mice. ..
- Jeong Y, Shim J, Oh S, Yoon H, Kim C, Moon S, et al. An odorant-binding protein required for suppression of sweet taste by bitter chemicals. Neuron. 2013;79:725-37 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate an unexpected role for an OBP in taste and identify a molecular player involved in the integration of opposing attractive and aversive gustatory inputs. ..
- Yeo J, Yoon S, Kwon S, Kim S, Lee J, Beitz A, et al. Repetitive Acupuncture Point Treatment with Diluted Bee Venom Relieves Mechanical Allodynia and Restores Intraepidermal Nerve Fiber Loss in Oxaliplatin-Induced Neuropathic Mice. J Pain. 2016;17:298-309 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results of this study suggest that repetitive acupoint treatment with DBV can be a potential strategy for the management of chemotherapy-induced neuropathy. ..
- Roh K, Choi E. TRAF2 functions as an activator switch in the reactive oxygen species-induced stimulation of MST1. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;91:105-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that TRAF2 functions as a key activator of MST1 in oxidative stress-induced intracellular signaling processes. ..
- Park S. The EphA8 receptor phosphorylates and activates low molecular weight phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase in vitro. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;36:288-93 pubmed..These results suggest that LMW-PTP may also participate in a feedback-control mechanism of the EphA8 receptor autokinase activity in vivo. ..
- Lee J, Koh H, Chang M, Park C, Lee Y, Lee S. Erythropoietin and bone morphogenetic protein 7 mediate ascorbate-induced dopaminergic differentiation from embryonic mesencephalic precursors. Neuroreport. 2003;14:1401-4 pubmed..The addition of these recombinant proteins or blockers revealed that both BMP7 and Epo mediate AA-induced DA neuron differentiation. ..
- Kang N, Yim H, Bae I, Choi J, Choi B, Yoo K, et al. ACE inhibition modulates transforming growth factor-beta receptors in the young rat. Pediatr Nephrol. 2003;18:865-71 pubmed..TbetaRII may not be modulated by ACE inhibition in the developing kidney. ..
- Lee I, Kim K, Kim H, Lee J, Ryu C, Chun H, et al. MAP, a protein interacting with a tumor suppressor, merlin, through the run domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:774-83 pubmed..In addition, merlin and MAP synergistically reduced the colony formation of NIH3T3 cells. These results suggest that MAP may play a cooperative role in the merlin-mediated growth suppression of cells. ..
- Kwon J, La M, Oh K, Oh Y, Kim G, Seol J, et al. BTB domain-containing speckle-type POZ protein (SPOP) serves as an adaptor of Daxx for ubiquitination by Cul3-based ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12664-72 pubmed..These results suggest that SPOP/Cul3-ubiquitin ligase plays an essential role in the control of Daxx level and, thus, in the regulation of Daxx-mediated cellular processes, including transcriptional regulation and apoptosis. ..
- Hahm T. The effect of 2 Hz and 100 Hz electrical stimulation of acupoint on ankle sprain in rats. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22:347-51 pubmed..This study demonstrates that ESA of 2 Hz and 100 Hz shows comparable analgesic effects, but only 2 Hz ESA can facilitate the reduction of edema caused by ankle sprain. ..
- Kim K, Lee K, Baek I, Lim C, Krishnan V, Lee J, et al. Adenylyl cyclase-5 activity in the nucleus accumbens regulates anxiety-related behavior. J Neurochem. 2008;107:105-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest an essential role of AC5 in the NAc for maintaining normal levels of anxiety. ..
- Koh K, Cha Y, Kim S, Kim J. tBHQ inhibits LPS-induced microglial activation via Nrf2-mediated suppression of p38 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:449-53 pubmed publisher..This suggested that prior activation of Nrf2 in microglia may inhibit microglial hyperactivation and prevent neuronal death. ..
- Park S, Lee H, Jeon G, Sim K, Cho I, Cho S. The expression of transferrin binding protein in the turtle nervous system. Arch Histol Cytol. 2009;72:65-76 pubmed..These results may reflect the fact that the homology of nervous system genes is conserved between close phylogenetic lines, and proove the potential of TfBP as a marker for oligodendrocytes in avian as well as reptile. ..
- Hwang S, Kim J, Kim H, Kim S, Chung D. FTY720, a sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor modulator, inhibits CD1d-restricted NKT cells by suppressing cytokine production but not migration. Lab Invest. 2010;90:9-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that FTY720 suppresses cytokine production in NKT cells through S1P(1), but not NKT cell migration. Thus, FTY720 may be useful in the treatment of NKT cell-promoted immune diseases. ..
- Kwak J, Lee S, Lee G, Kim M, Ahn Y, Lee J, et al. Selective inhibition of MDR1 (ABCB1) by HM30181 increases oral bioavailability and therapeutic efficacy of paclitaxel. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;627:92-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify HM30181 as a highly selective and potent inhibitor of MDR1, which in combination with paclitaxel, may provide an orally effective anti-tumor regimen. ..
- Kim Y, Lim S, Han C, Kay H, Cho I, Ki S, et al. G(alpha)12/13 induction of CYR61 in association with arteriosclerotic intimal hyperplasia: effect of sphingosine-1-phosphate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:861-9 pubmed publisher..G?(12/13) regulate AP-1-dependent CYR61 induction in VSMCs and promote VSMC migration, and they are upregulated with CYR61 in arteriosclerotic lesions. ..
- Min H, Lee Y, Jeon Y, Kim E, Kang B, Jung K, et al. MHC class II-restricted interaction between thymocytes plays an essential role in the production of innate CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:5749-57 pubmed publisher..It suggests that PLZF(+) T-T CD4(+) T cells in combination with Eomes(+) CD8(+) T cells might actively participate in the innate immune response against various pathogens, particularly in human perinatal period. ..
- Hong S, Kim J, Ahn H, Shin J, Kwon O. Panax ginseng extract rich in ginsenoside protopanaxatriol attenuates blood pressure elevation in spontaneously hypertensive rats by affecting the Akt-dependent phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:3086-91 pubmed publisher
- Won T, Kim B, Lee Y, Bang J, Oh E, Yoo J, et al. Therapeutic potential of Lactobacillus plantarum CJLP133 for house-dust mite-induced dermatitis in NC/Nga mice. Cell Immunol. 2012;277:49-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CJLP133 could treat human atopic dermatitis. ..
- Kim B, Lee H, Lee J, Choi C, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Wig1 prevents cellular senescence by regulating p21 mRNA decay through control of RISC recruitment. EMBO J. 2012;31:4289-303 pubmed publisher..In addition, these findings indicate that fine-tuning of p21 levels by Wig1 is essential for the prevention of cellular senescence. ..
- Kim J, Lee T, Kim T, Lee K, Kim H. An integrated approach of comparative genomics and heritability analysis of pig and human on obesity trait: evidence for candidate genes on human chromosome 2. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:711 pubmed publisher..Navigating syntenic regions suggests obesity candidate genes on chromosome 2 that are previously known to be associated with obesity-related diseases: MRPL33, PARD3B, ERBB4, STK39, and ZNF385B. ..
- Jung K, Haam K, Park S, Kim Y, Lee S, Lee G, et al. The standardized herbal formula, PM014, ameliorated cigarette smoke-induced lung inflammation in a murine model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:219 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this herbal medicine may represent a novel therapeutic agent for lung inflammation in general, as well as a specific agent for COPD treatment. ..
- Kwon I, Hong S, Kim Y, Nam H, Kang S, Yang S, et al. Thrombolytic effects of the snake venom disintegrin saxatilin determined by novel assessment methods: a FeCl3-induced thrombosis model in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81165 pubmed publisher..Saxatilin inhibited multiple integrins by acting on platelets, and was safe and effective in resolving thrombi in mice. ..
- Swierczewska M, Han H, Kim K, Park J, Lee S. Polysaccharide-based nanoparticles for theranostic nanomedicine. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;99:70-84 pubmed publisher..We highlight recent examples of polysaccharide-based theranostic systems from literature and their potential for use in the clinic, particularly chitosan- and hyaluronic acid-based NPs. ..
- Joo J, Huh J, Lee J, Park D, Lee Y, Lee S, et al. A novel pyrazole derivative protects from ovariectomy-induced osteoporosis through the inhibition of NADPH oxidase. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22389 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate Ewha-18278 as a novel therapeutic agent for the treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Cho J, Lee H, Ko H, Yoon B, Choe J, Kim K, et al. The TLR7 agonist imiquimod induces anti-cancer effects via autophagic cell death and enhances anti-tumoral and systemic immunity during radiotherapy for melanoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:24932-24948 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that IMQ could serve as a radiosensitizer and immune booster during radiotherapy for melanoma patients. ..
- Hussain Z, Kim H, Huh C, Lee Y, Park H. The Effect of Peripheral CRF Peptide and Water Avoidance Stress on Colonic and Gastric Transit in Guinea Pigs. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:872-877 pubmed publisher..Therefore, peripheral CRF could be utilized to establish the animal model of overlap syndrome. ..
- Kang H, Kim I, Lee H, Joo H, Lim J, Lee J, et al. Chronic intermittent hypoxia induces liver fibrosis in mice with diet-induced obesity via TLR4/MyD88/MAPK/NF-kB signaling pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:349-355 pubmed publisher..TRIF, p38 MAPK, and JNK activation did not differ significantly between groups. We conclude that CIH in DIO mice leads to liver fibrosis via TLR4/MyD88/MAPK/NF-kB signaling pathways. ..
- Kim J, Bae S, Lee H, Park J, Kim K. Claudin5a is required for proper inflation of Kupffer's vesicle lumen and organ laterality. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182047 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that cldn5a is required for KV lumen inflation and left-right asymmetric organ development. ..
- Choi S, Choi D, Lee J, Park M, Chun B. Imidazoline drugs stabilize lysosomes and inhibit oxidative cytotoxicity in astrocytes. Free Radic Biol Med. 2002;32:394-405 pubmed..Therefore, lysosomal stabilization by imidazoline drugs may be ascribed to their protective effects against oxidative cytotoxicity. ..
- Lee K, McNerney M, Stepp S, Mathew P, Schatzle J, Bennett M, et al. 2B4 acts as a non-major histocompatibility complex binding inhibitory receptor on mouse natural killer cells. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1245-54 pubmed..This indicates that 2B4 inhibitory signaling occurs regardless of the presence of SH2D1A. These findings reveal a novel role for 2B4 as a non-major histocompatibility complex binding negative regulator of NK cells. ..
- Chun T, Byun H, Chung H, Chung Y. The effect of soluble LAG-3 (CD223) treatment in fetal thymic organ culture. Biotechnol Lett. 2004;26:1371-7 pubmed..These results may demonstrate that the treatment of sLAG-3Ig increases the precursor frequency of CD4(+) T cells by activation of thymic epithelial cells. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Jeon J, Lee S, Hwang J, Lee J, et al. Adipocyte culture medium stimulates production of macrophage inhibitory cytokine 1 in MDA-MB-231 cells. Cancer Lett. 2008;261:253-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, adipocyte-CM-induced MIC-1 also increased invasiveness of MDA-MB-231 cells. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Shin K, Yoo S. Translation initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) is regulated by cell death inhibitor, Diap1. Mol Cells. 2007;24:445-51 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the level of eIF4E protein is regulated by Diap1, and that IAPs may play a role in cap-dependent translation by regulating the level of eIF4E protein. ..
- Hwang I, Yoo K, Kim D, Li H, Park O, Lee C, et al. AlphaII-spectrin breakdown product increases in principal cells in the gerbil main olfactory bulb following transient ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2008;435:251-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that alphaII-spectrin breakdown product in the gerbil MOB is changed in principal cells after ischemic insult. ..
- Hosoya A, Kim J, Cho S, Jung H. BMP4 signaling regulates formation of Hertwig's epithelial root sheath during tooth root development. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;333:503-9 pubmed publisher..BMP4 may, therefore, prove useful as a root-formation regulatory agent in a variety of tissue-engineering applications. ..
- Lee S, Ha I, Kim J, Park K, Han K, Chae Y, et al. Hydrogen peroxide-induced VCAM-1 expression in pancreatic islets and beta-cells through extracellular Ca2+ influx. Transplantation. 2008;86:1257-66 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of this pathway by catalase overexpression in donor islets can be exploited to protect against xenoislet immune responses. ..
- Choi M, Chai C, Park J, Lim J, Lee J, Kwon S. Effects of storage period and heat treatment on phenolic compound composition in dried Citrus peels (Chenpi) and discrimination of Chenpi with different storage periods through targeted metabolomic study using HPLC-DAD analysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;54:638-45 pubmed publisher..1% of the variation between the regular and long-term stored Chenpi. In a two-dimensional plot of PC1 and PC2, the samples divided into four groups: two storage periods and two fractions. ..
- Yoon S, Dela Peña I, Shin C, Son K, Lee Y, Ryu J, et al. Convulsion-related activities of Scutellaria flavones are related to the 5,7-dihydroxyl structures. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;659:155-60 pubmed publisher..The 5, 7-dihydroxyl group is present in the structure of the three flavones. It is postulated that this group played a key role in inducing convulsion-related activities. ..
- Choi H, Choi K, Yoo J, Song M, Ko S, Kim C, et al. Reversible SUMOylation of TBL1-TBLR1 regulates ?-catenin-mediated Wnt signaling. Mol Cell. 2011;43:203-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal a mechanism for activation of Wnt signaling via the SUMOylation-dependent disassembly of the corepressor complex. ..
- Lee H, Park K, Joung Y, Park K, Do S. Platelet-rich plasma loaded hydrogel scaffold enhances chondrogenic differentiation and maturation with up-regulation of CB1 and CB2. J Control Release. 2012;159:332-7 pubmed publisher..Hydrogel may provide a suitable environment for proliferation and maturation of joint chondrocytes in relation to the gelation density and bioactive sources like PRP resulting in improvement for cartilage regeneration. ..
- Ji K, Liu X, Lee S, Kang S, Kho Y, Giesy J, et al. Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on hormones and genes of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis, and reproduction of zebrafish. J Hazard Mater. 2013;254-255:242-251 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that ibuprofen could modulate hormone production and related gene transcription of the HPG axis in a sex-dependent way, which could cause adverse effects on reproduction and the development of offspring. ..
- Park S, Park K, Oh M, Kim H, Choe K, Kim S, et al. Anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of caffeoyl hemiterpene glycosides from Spiraea prunifolia. Phytochemistry. 2013;96:430-6 pubmed publisher..7 cells were examined. Three of the caffeoyl hemiterpene glycosides exhibited potent anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities compared with Vitamin C and l-NMMA, which were used as positive controls...
- Lee G, Jang H, Lee J, Huh J, Choi S, Chung J, et al. PIASy-mediated sumoylation of SREBP1c regulates hepatic lipid metabolism upon fasting signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:926-38 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that PKA-induced SREBP1c sumoylation by PIASy is a key regulatory mechanism to turn off hepatic lipogenesis during nutritional deprivation. ..