Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Daejeon, South Korea
Locale: Daejeon, South Korea
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Kim J, Chae J, Song B, Lee K, Choo Y, Chang K, et al. Iloprost, a prostacyclin analogue, stimulates meiotic maturation and early embryonic development in pigs. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2010;22:437-47 pubmed publisher..2% v. 3.6%, respectively). In conclusion, iloprost appears to play a direct role in porcine oocyte maturation by enhancing blastocyst structure and survival. ..
- Park K, Cho S, Moon J, Kim S. Synthesis and antifungal activity of a novel series of 13-(4-isopropylbenzyl)berberine derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:6551-4 pubmed publisher..25-1 ?g/ml), and Aspergillus species (MIC=2-4 ?g/ml). The compound was found to be relatively safe up to 900 mg/kg in oral administration to mice. ..
- Oh D, Han S, Seo J, Lee J, Choi J, Groffen J, et al. Regulation of synaptic Rac1 activity, long-term potentiation maintenance, and learning and memory by BCR and ABR Rac GTPase-activating proteins. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14134-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BCR and ABR have novel roles in the regulation of synaptic Rac1 signaling, synaptic plasticity, and learning and memory, and that excessive Rac1 activity negatively affects synaptic and cognitive functions. ..
- Kim Y, Lee Y, Choi E. Chrysoeriol isolated from Eurya cilliata leaves protects MC3T3-E1 cells against hydrogen peroxide-induced inhibition of osteoblastic differentiation. J Appl Toxicol. 2010;30:666-73 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that chrysoeriol isolated from E. cilliata can protect osteoblasts from oxidative stress-induced toxicity...
- Kim M, Koh Y, Kim K, Koh B, Nam D, Alitalo K, et al. CXCR4 signaling regulates metastasis of chemoresistant melanoma cells by a lymphatic metastatic niche. Cancer Res. 2010;70:10411-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that targeting the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis in addition to dacarbazine treatment could therapeutically block chemoresistant CD133(+) cell metastasis toward a lymphatic metastatic niche. ..
- Ha N, Kim S, Lee T, Han S. Rapid characterization of protein chips using microwave-assisted protein tryptic digestion and MALDI mass spectrometry. Langmuir. 2011;27:10098-105 pubmed publisher..Along with recent advances in imaging mass spectrometry, this technique will provide a new opportunity for high-speed, and thus high-throughput in the future, label-free mass spectrometric assays using protein arrays. ..
- Choi H, Lee Y, Park K, Yeon S, Lee H. Sonographic detection of small amounts of free peritoneal gas in beagle dogs. J Vet Med Sci. 2012;74:491-4 pubmed..Via ultrasonography, 0.4 ml of free gas can be reliably detected. The authors concluded that ultrasonography is a very sensitive modality for the detection of small amounts of peritoneal free gas (above 0.4 ml). ..
- Jung J, Lee Y, Velmurugan N, Ko Y, Lee H, Jeong K. High-yield production of the VP1 structural protein epitope from serotype O foot-and-mouth disease virus in Escherichia coli. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;40:705-13 pubmed publisher..9-l culture. Following purification, the VP1 epitope was used to immunize rabbits, and we confirmed that it induced an immune response. ..
- Zhang E, Yi M, Ko Y, Kim H, Seo J, Lee Y, et al. Expression of LC3 and Beclin 1 in the spinal dorsal horn following spinal nerve ligation-induced neuropathic pain. Brain Res. 2013;1519:31-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that autophagic disruption in GABAergic interneurons and astrocytes following peripheral nerve injury might be involved in the induction and maintenance of neuropathic pain. ..
- You S, Cho Y, Byun J, Shin E. Melanocyte-specific CD8+ T cells are associated with epidermal depigmentation in a novel mouse model of vitiligo. Clin Exp Immunol. 2013;174:38-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this model is well suited to future studies on the pathogenesis of vitiligo and the development of novel therapeutics for vitiligo. ..
- Lee E, Deepagan V, You D, Jeon J, Yi G, Lee J, et al. Nanoparticles based on quantum dots and a luminol derivative: implications for in vivo imaging of hydrogen peroxide by chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:4132-5 pubmed publisher..To image hydrogen peroxide via chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer in the near-infrared wavelength range, we prepared quantum dots functionalized with a luminol derivative. ..
- Lee G, Lee H, Kim T, Kim J, Sohn K, Jo E. Mycobacterium fortuitum induces A20 expression that impairs macrophage inflammatory responses. Pathog Dis. 2016;74: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that MF-induced activation of host proinflammatory responses is negatively regulated through TLR2-dependent A20 expression. ..
- Choi C, Park E, Yun S, Lee S, Kim S, Kim G. Potential Usefulness of Streptococcus pneumoniae Extracellular Membrane Vesicles as Antibacterial Vaccines. J Immunol Res. 2017;2017:7931982 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that S. pneumoniae EMVs or their individual immunogenic antigens may be useful as new vaccine agents. ..
- Achary R, Mathi G, Lee D, Yun C, Lee C, Kim H, et al. Novel 2,4-diaminopyrimidines bearing fused tricyclic ring moiety for anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2185-2191 pubmed publisher..In vivo H3122 xenograft model study showed that compound 29 effectively suppressed ALK-driven tumor growth, similar to the extent of ceritinib, suggesting that it could be used for a novel ALK inhibitor development. ..
- Lee H, Jung S, Lee P, Jeong Y. Altered intrinsic functional connectivity in the latent period of epileptogenesis in a temporal lobe epilepsy model. Exp Neurol. 2017;296:89-98 pubmed publisher..These findings can help enhance our understanding of epileptogenesis, and accordingly, changes in intrinsic functional connectivity can serve as an early diagnosis. ..
- Kim Y, Park S, Choe S, Lee J, Cho H, Kim S, et al. Identification and characterization of the tyrosinase gene (TYR) and its transcript variants (TYR_1 and TYR_2) in the crab-eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis). Gene. 2017;630:21-27 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study provides useful and important information for the study of albinism using non-human primate models. ..
- Hong S, Bang S, Paik D, Kang J, Hwang S, Jeon K, et al. Histamine and its receptors modulate temperature-preference behaviors in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7245-56 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that histamine signaling may have important roles in modulating temperature preference and in controlling tolerance of low and high temperature. ..
- Yang C, Lee D, Song C, An S, Li S, Kim J, et al. Roles of peroxiredoxin II in the regulation of proinflammatory responses to LPS and protection against endotoxin-induced lethal shock. J Exp Med. 2007;204:583-94 pubmed
- Lee K, Won R, Kim U, Kim G, Chung M, Sohn J, et al. Neuroprotective effects of FK506 against excitotoxicity in organotypic hippocampal slice culture. Neurosci Lett. 2010;474:126-130 pubmed publisher..1 microM FK506. These results suggest that FK506 may have a positive role in protecting neurons against cell death in the KA injury model of OHSCs. ..
- Kim K, Kim H, Baek I, Lee K, Han P. Mice lacking adenylyl cyclase type 5 (AC5) show increased ethanol consumption and reduced ethanol sensitivity. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;215:391-8 pubmed publisher..These data provide critical information for AC5 activation as a candidate target for the treatment of alcoholism. ..
- Song H, Kim H, Lee K, Lee D, Kim T, Song J, et al. Ablation of Rassf2 induces bone defects and subsequent haematopoietic anomalies in mice. EMBO J. 2012;31:1147-59 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that RASSF2 regulates osteoblast and osteoclast differentiation by inhibiting NF-?B signalling. ..
- Kim Y, Jung D, Sohn E, Kim J, Kim J. Glycoxidised LDL induced the upregulation of Axl receptor tyrosine kinase and its ligand in mouse mesangial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50297 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that LDL modified by glycoxidation may mediate Axl/Gas6 pathway activation, and this mechanism may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Shin K, Chung H, Kim D, Hwang J, Lee S. Macelignan attenuated allergic lung inflammation and airway hyper-responsiveness in murine experimental asthma. Life Sci. 2013;92:1093-9 pubmed publisher..Our data show that macelignan has anti-inflammatory effects on Th2 cell-mediated allergic lung inflammation and could potentially provide a novel preventative and/or therapy for the treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Mun J, Kim D, Hoe K, Kim S. Genome-wide functional analysis using the barcode sequence alignment and statistical analysis (Barcas) tool. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17:475 pubmed publisher..Barcas is an all-in-one package providing useful functions including mapping, data QC, library QC, statistical analysis and visualization in genome-wide pooled screens. ..
- Ha Y, Tak K, Kim C, Roh S, Choi E, Cho D, et al. PSMB8 as a Candidate Marker of Responsiveness to Preoperative Radiation Therapy in Rectal Cancer Patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:1164-1173 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PSMB8 is a predictive marker of preoperative radiosensitivity in LARC patients. Clinical validation in a larger cohort is now required. ..
- Jeong S, Kim J, Park W, Jeon H, Kim N. SEXCMD: Development and validation of sex marker sequences for whole-exome/genome and RNA sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184087 pubmed publisher..Another important application of SEXCMD is as a quality control measure to avoid mixing samples before bioinformatics analysis. SEXCMD comprises simple Python and R scripts and is freely available at https://github.com/lovemun/SEXCMD. ..
- Jo C, Yook H, Lee M, Kim J, Song H, Kwon J, et al. Irradiation effects on embryotoxicity and oxidative properties of gossypol dissolved in methanol. Food Chem Toxicol. 2003;41:1329-36 pubmed..Results indicated that irradiation decreased the gossypol concentration dissolved in methanol, resulting in a reduction of embryotoxicity in mice. ..
- Jin H, Lee J, Lee D, Lee H, Hong Y, Kim Y, et al. Quinolone alkaloids with inhibitory activity against nuclear factor of activated T cells from the fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:926-8 pubmed..These N-methylated compounds showed comparable inhibitory effects against NF-kappa B activity. However, quinolone alkaloids without the N-methyl group showed a more selective inhibition of NFAT activity...
- Heo J, Park J, Lee J, Kwon T, Kim S, Chung S, et al. Wisteria floribunda gall extract inhibits cell migration in mouse B16F1 melanoma cells by regulating CD44 expression and GTP-RhoA activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;102:10-4 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the Wisteria gall extract may inhibit cancer cell migration via inhibition of CD44 mRNA expression and activation of the GTP-RhoA protein...
- Kim A, Oh J, Park J, Chung A. Methylselenol generated from selenomethionine by methioninase downregulates integrin expression and induces caspase-mediated apoptosis of B16F10 melanoma cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;212:386-400 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of p38, PKC-delta, and NF-kappaB is a prerequisite for the down-regulation of integrin expression, followed by detachment-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Lee S, Choi H, Kim H, Lee Y. ERK is a novel regulatory kinase for poly(A) polymerase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:803-13 pubmed..These data suggest that ERK is a novel regulatory kinase for PAP and further, that PAP activity could be regulated by extracellular stimuli through an ERK-dependent signaling pathway(s). ..
- Park T, Hyun M, Lee H, Lee S, Ko S. A self-assembled fusion protein-based surface plasmon resonance biosensor for rapid diagnosis of severe acute respiratory syndrome. Talanta. 2009;79:295-301 pubmed publisher..The fusion protein provides a simple and effective method for construction of SPR sensing platforms permitting sensitive and selective detection of anti-SCVme antibody...
- Jang D, Yoo N, Kim N, Lee Y, Kim C, Kim J, et al. 3,5-Di-O-caffeoyl-epi-quinic acid from the leaves and stems of Erigeron annuus inhibits protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:329-33 pubmed..Compound 3 markedly reduced AGEs-bovin serum albumin (BSA) cross-linking in a dose-dependent manner. Furthermore, opacity of lenses was significantly prevented when they were treated with 3 in an ex vivo experiment. ..
- Ha D, Trung T, Phuong T, Yim N, Chen Q, Bae K. The selected flavonol glycoside derived from Sophorae Flos improves glucose uptake and inhibits adipocyte differentiation via activation AMPK in 3T3-L1 cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:6076-81 pubmed publisher..It also reduced FAS gene expression in a dose-dependent manner, which is crucial for adipogenesis in vitro. ..
- Cho H, Choi S, Kim C, Hong J, Park H, Park H. Dietary spinach saponin-enriched lipophilic fraction inhibits platelet aggregation and blood coagulation. J Med Food. 2011;14:784-91 pubmed publisher..Dietary SSEF also inhibited 0.4 M sucrose-induced hemolysis. Accordingly, our data demonstrate that SSEF might be a useful tool for inhibiting platelet activation and blood coagulation in thrombotic diseases. ..
- Cho E, Song H, Lee S, Chung B, Lim H, Lee M. Differential in vitro and cellular effects of iron chelators for hypoxia inducible factor hydroxylases. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:864-73 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the multiple factors of iron-chelators may be responsible for regulating the intracellular activity HIF hydroxylases. ..
- Lee Y, Song B, Park C, Kwon K. TRIM11 negatively regulates IFN? production and antiviral activity by targeting TBK1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63255 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that TRIM11 inhibits RIG-I-mediated IFN? production by targeting the TBK1 signaling complex. ..
- Kim K, Jeong H, Ro H, Lee J, Kim C, Yoon T. Inhibitory effect of 5-iodotubercidin on pigmentation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1282-1286 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that 5-iodotubercidin can be developed as a depigmenting and/or skin-lightening agent. ..
- Rho S, Park S, Hwang S, Lee M, Kim C, Lee I, et al. The hair growth promoting effect of Asiasari radix extract and its molecular regulation. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;38:89-97 pubmed..These results suggest that the A. radix extract has hair growth-promoting potential, and that this effect may be due to its regulatory effects on both cell growth and growth factor gene expression. ..
- Lee I, Jin W, Zhang X, Hung T, Song K, Seong Y, et al. Cytotoxic and COX-2 inhibitory constituents from the aerial parts of Aralia cordata. Arch Pharm Res. 2006;29:548-55 pubmed..Although most compounds, except for 2, 10, and 12, showed a strong inhibitory activity against COX-1, they exhibited a moderate or weak inhibitory activity against COX-2. ..
- Shin K, Yoon Y, Kang Y, Son K, Kim H, Kwon B, et al. KRIBB3, a novel microtubule inhibitor, induces mitotic arrest and apoptosis in human cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:383-94 pubmed..5 or 70.3% of tumor growth, respectively. These results suggest that KRIBB3 is a good drug candidate for cancer therapy. ..
- Kim A, Jung J, Son M, Lee S, Lim J, Chung A. Long exposure of non-cytotoxic concentrations of methylselenol suppresses the invasive potential of B16F10 melanoma. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:557-65 pubmed..Methylselenol may also contribute to the suppression of integrin expression. ..
- Kang H, Jin S, Myung C, Hwang S, Park J. Delivery of interleukin-18 gene to lung cancer cells using cationic emulsion. J Drug Target. 2009;17:19-28 pubmed
- Lee Y, Kim S, Park H, Park E, Huang S, Jeon S, et al. PAUF functions in the metastasis of human pancreatic cancer cells and upregulates CXCR4 expression. Oncogene. 2010;29:56-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that PAUF enhances the metastatic potential of pancreatic cancer cells, at least in part, by upregulating CXCR4 expression. ..
- Lee E, Oh J, Park H, Kim D, Lee J, Kim C, et al. Simultaneous gene expression signature of heart and peripheral blood mononuclear cells in astemizole-treated rats. Arch Toxicol. 2010;84:609-18 pubmed publisher..It will be interesting to find out whether single genes or certain sets of these genes could finally serve as biomarkers for cardiotoxicity of astemizole or other similar antihistamine drugs...
- Jeong S, Yoon M. 17?-Estradiol inhibition of PPAR?-induced adipogenesis and adipocyte-specific gene expression. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:230-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is likely that the activities of PPAR? activators may be enhanced in estrogen-deficient states. ..
- Kim J, Sohn E, Kim C, Jo K, Kim J. The role of high-mobility group box-1 protein in the development of diabetic nephropathy. Am J Nephrol. 2011;33:524-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that hyperglycemia-induced HMGB1 release may induce the renal injury in diabetic rats, and that the pathogenic role of HMGB1 might be dependent on RAGE and through activation of NF-?B. ..
- Kim C, Kim J, Lee Y, Sohn E, Jo K, Kim J. Inhibitory effects of chlorogenic acid on aldose reductase activity in vitro and cataractogenesis in galactose-fed rats. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:847-52 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that CA is useful for the treatment of sugar cataract. ..
- Han E, Kim H, Choi J, Jang Y, Lee S, Kwon K, et al. Capsaicin induces CYP3A4 expression via pregnane X receptor and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein β activation. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012;56:797-809 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that capsaicin might induce CYP3A4 expression; thus, exposure to capsaicin may increase the metabolism of CYP3A4 substrate and potentially cause food-drug interactions. ..
- Kim E, Kim W, Kang H, Kim J, Chung S, Seo Y, et al. Acetylation of malate dehydrogenase 1 promotes adipogenic differentiation via activating its enzymatic activity. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:1864-76 pubmed publisher..These results clearly suggest that adipogenic differentiation may be regulated by the acetylation of MDH1 and that the acetylation of MDH1 is one of the cross-talk mechanisms between adipogenesis and the intracellular energy level. ..
- Cai M, Choi S, Song B, Son I, Kim S, Yang E. Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans attenuates neuroinflammation in symptomatic hSOD1(G93A) mice. J Neuroinflammation. 2013;10:131 pubmed publisher..6- and 1.8-fold, respectively. Our findings suggest that SSM, which has previously been used in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), might also be considered as an anti-neuroinflammatory therapy for neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Kim D, Jeong J, Lee J, Kim K, Park S, Kim Y, et al. Inverse agonist of estrogen-related receptor ? controls Salmonella typhimurium infection by modulating host iron homeostasis. Nat Med. 2014;20:419-24 pubmed publisher..typhimurium infection, thereby improving host survival. Taken together, these findings suggest an alternative approach to control multidrug-resistant intracellular bacteria by modulating host iron homeostasis. ..
- Oh S, Nam B, Lee I, Lee J. Prolonged anti-bacterial activity of ion-complexed doxycycline for the treatment of osteomyelitis. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;98:67-75 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the icDX may be a promising local delivery system in the clinical field for the treatment of the osteomyelitis. ..
- Patra A, Kwon Y, Kang S, Fujiwara Y, Kim S. The complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the tubeworm Lamellibrachia satsuma and structural conservation in the mitochondrial genome control regions of Order Sabellida. Mar Genomics. 2016;26:63-71 pubmed publisher..In general, the control region sequences of Annelida could be aligned with certainty within each genus, and to some extent within the family, but with a higher rate of variation in conserved regions. ..
- Kim H, Prochiantz A, Kim J. Donating Otx2 to support neighboring neuron survival. BMB Rep. 2016;49:69-70 pubmed..This novel mitochondrial activity of exogenous Otx2 highlights the therapeutic potential of Otx2 protein transduction in retinal dystrophy. [BMB Reports 2016; 49(2): 69-70]. ..
- De Sotto R, Medriano C, Cho Y, Seok K, Park Y, Kim S. Significance of metabolite extraction method for evaluating sulfamethazine toxicity in adult zebrafish using metabolomics. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;127:127-34 pubmed publisher..This study shows that proper selection of sample extraction method is critically important for interpreting and analyzing the toxicity data of organisms when metabolomics is applied. ..
- Liu J, Song K, Lee S, Lee J, Lee J, Hayasaki M, et al. Serological and molecular survey of Dirofilaria immitis infection in stray cats in Gyunggi province, South Korea. Vet Parasitol. 2005;130:125-9 pubmed..01). In conclusion, D. immitis infection in stray cats was present in Gyunggi province, although its incidence was low. Therefore, heartworm treatment and/or prophylaxis for stray cats captured are required in this area. ..
- Lee K, Choi J, Hong S, Son T, Yu K. Mobile phone electromagnetic radiation activates MAPK signaling and regulates viability in Drosophila. Bioelectromagnetics. 2008;29:371-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the exposure limit on electromagnetic radiation proposed by ANSI triggered ERK-survival signaling but the strong electromagnetic radiation activated JNK-apoptotic signaling in Drosophila. ..
- Yuk J, Shin D, Yang C, Kim K, An S, Rho J, et al. Role of apoptosis-regulating signal kinase 1 in innate immune responses by Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin. Immunol Cell Biol. 2009;87:100-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of this study suggest a novel role of the TLR-ROS-TRAF6-ASK1 axis in the innate immune response to mycobacteria as a signaling intermediate. ..
- Lee J, Kim K, Kang Y, Kim E, Hwang S, Lee H, et al. In vivo efficacy of paclitaxel-loaded injectable in situ-forming gel against subcutaneous tumor growth. Int J Pharm. 2010;392:51-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data show that intratumoral injection of Ptx-loaded MPEG-PCL diblock copolymer yielded an in situ-forming gel that exhibited controlled Ptx release profile, and that was effective in treating localized solid tumors. ..
- Lee E, Kim N, Kang K, Kim J. Phosphorylation/inactivation of PTEN by Akt-independent PI3K signaling in retinal pigment epithelium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:384-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ROS-activated PI3K potentiates AMD-related RPE pathogenesis through phosphorylation/inactivation of PTEN. ..
- Ryu J, Hong B, Kim Y, Yang E, Choi M, Kim H, et al. Neuregulin-1 attenuates cognitive function impairments in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2117 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that NRG1 has a therapeutic potential for AD by alleviating the reductions in dendritic spine density and neurogenesis found in AD brains. ..
- Chung H, Kim J, Lee S, Park S. Role of the P2 residue of human alpha 1-antitrypsin in determining target protease specificity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185074 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results of this study demonstrate a previously unknown role for P2 residue in determining inhibitory specificity of A1AT. ..
- Shin H, Wyszynski M, Huh K, Valtschanoff J, Lee J, Ko J, et al. Association of the kinesin motor KIF1A with the multimodular protein liprin-alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11393-401 pubmed..These results suggest that liprin-alpha functions as a KIF1A receptor, linking KIF1A to various liprin-alpha-associated proteins for their transport in neurons. ..
- Kim S, Ahn T, Park C. The Pro335 --> Leu polymorphism of type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor found in mouse inbred lines results in functional change. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26024-31 pubmed..The results indicate that the polymorphism of IP3R3 causes changes in receptor function, presumably affecting intracellular Ca2+ signaling. ..
- Li G, Min B, Zheng C, Lee J, Oh S, Ahn K, et al. Neuroprotective and free radical scavenging activities of phenolic compounds from Hovenia dulcis. Arch Pharm Res. 2005;28:804-9 pubmed..8 microM and 23.7 microM, respectively. These results suggest that compounds 6 and 8 could be neuroprotectants owing to their free radical scavenging activities...
- Cho H, Lee M, Lee J, No K, Park S, Lee H, et al. Anti-wrinkling effects of the mixture of vitamin C, vitamin E, pycnogenol and evening primrose oil, and molecular mechanisms on hairless mouse skin caused by chronic ultraviolet B irradiation. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2007;23:155-62 pubmed..Oral administration of the antioxidant mixture significantly inhibited wrinkle formation caused by chronic UVB irradiation through significant inhibition of UVB-induced MMP activity accompanied by enhancement of collagen synthesis. ..
- Choi H, Lee S, Kim H, Lee Y. Germ cell-specific gene 1 targets testis-specific poly(A) polymerase to the endoplasmic reticulum through protein-protein interactions. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1203-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, expression of GSG1 stimulates TPAP targeting to the ER, suggesting that interactions between the two proteins lead to the redistribution of TPAP from the cytosol to the ER. ..
- Lee Y, Sohn K, Jang S, Lee Y, Hwang C, Kim K, et al. Anti-apoptotic role of S100A8 in X-ray irradiated keratinocytes. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;51:11-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of S100A8 significantly protected the X-ray-induced apoptosis. These results suggest that S100A8 have an anti-apoptotic role in X-ray irradiated keratinocytes. ..
- Shin D, Yang C, Lee J, Lee S, Choi H, Lee H, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipoprotein-induced association of TLR2 with protein kinase C zeta in lipid rafts contributes to reactive oxygen species-dependent inflammatory signalling in macrophages. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:1893-905 pubmed publisher..In addition, PKCzeta targets to lipid rafts and may act as a critical adaptor molecule to regulate lipid raft dynamics during TLR2 signalling. ..
- Kim J, Li Y, Lee S, Yi Y, Park C, Woo S. Effects of cryopreservation on Ca2+ signals induced by membrane depolarization, caffeine, thapsigargin and progesterone in boar spermatozoa. Mol Cells. 2008;26:558-65 pubmed
- Kim J, Kim Y, Kang S, Kim C, Park C, Lee M, et al. Electroacupuncture decreases nitric oxide synthesis in the hypothalamus of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Neurosci Lett. 2008;446:78-82 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the electroacupuncture at ST36 results in modulation of the activity of nNOS in the hypothalamus of spontaneously hypertensive rat. ..
- Kim K, Jung D, Jang D, Kim Y, Kim J, Kim H, et al. Puerarin suppresses AGEs-induced inflammation in mouse mesangial cells: a possible pathway through the induction of heme oxygenase-1 expression. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;244:106-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that puerarin-induced expression of HO-1 is mediated by the PKC delta-Nrf-2-HO-1 pathway and inhibits N-carboxymethyllysine (CML)-induced inflammation in mouse mesangial cells...
- Lee M, Lee N, Jung D, Lee J, Seo C, Lee H, et al. Protective effects of allantoin against ovalbumin (OVA)-induced lung inflammation in a murine model of asthma. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:474-80 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of allantoin was similar to that of montelukast, used as a positive control. These results support the utility of allantoin as a protective agent against asthma. ..
- Choi M, Yoon J, Choi C. Label-free optical control of arterial contraction. J Biomed Opt. 2010;15:015006 pubmed publisher..We believe that femtosecond pulsed laser irradiation will become a useful experimental tool in the field of vascular biology. ..
- Lee H, Kim Y, Han K, Kim H, Kim E. The phosphoinositide 3-phosphatase MTMR2 interacts with PSD-95 and maintains excitatory synapses by modulating endosomal traffic. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5508-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PSD-95-interacting MTMR2 contributes to the maintenance of excitatory synapses by inhibiting excessive endosome formation and destructive endosomal traffic to lysosomes. ..
- Lee P, Park S, Kim E, Lee M, Chung S, Lee S, et al. Proteomic analysis of pancreata from mini-pigs treated with streptozotocin as a type I diabetes models. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;20:817-20 pubmed..The data in this study from proteomic analysis provide a valuable resource for the further understanding of T1DM pathomechanism. ..
- Ku S, Park C. Human endothelial cell growth on mussel-inspired nanofiber scaffold for vascular tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2010;31:9431-7 pubmed publisher..g., PECAM-1 and vWF). ..
- Hwang S, Kim H, Cho S, Seo S. Single dose of oil-adjuvanted inactivated vaccine protects chickens from lethal infections of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus. Vaccine. 2011;29:2178-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that one dose of oil-adjuvanted inactivated H5N1 vaccine could provide chickens with sterile immunity against the homologous highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus. ..
- Zhang W, Lee J, Kim I, Kim Y, Myung C. Stimulation of glucose uptake and improvement of insulin resistance by aromadendrin. Pharmacology. 2011;88:266-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that aromadendrin may represent a potential therapeutic candidate for the management of type 2 DM. ..
- Moon H, Lee J, Talactac M, Chowdhury M, Kim J, Park M, et al. Mucosal immunization with recombinant influenza hemagglutinin protein and poly gamma-glutamate/chitosan nanoparticles induces protection against highly pathogenic influenza A virus. Vet Microbiol. 2012;160:277-89 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our finding about a sufficient function of PC NPs to elevate vaccine efficacy led us to consider that it can be useful in clinical applications as a potent mucosal adjuvant with safety. ..
- Oh Y, Jang D, Sonn J, Choe J. Histamine-HisCl1 receptor axis regulates wake-promoting signals in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68269 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data clearly demonstrate that the histamine-HisCl1 receptor axis can activate and maintain the wake state in Drosophila and that wake-activating signals may travel via the PDF neurons. ..
- Kim M, Kim S, Lee H, Shin J, Kim P, Jung Y, et al. Inhibition of influenza virus internalization by (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Antiviral Res. 2013;100:460-72 pubmed publisher..These results may facilitate future investigations of the antiviral activity of EGCG against other enveloped viruses as well as influenza virus. ..
- Kwon S, Roh D, Yoon S, Choi S, Choi H, Moon J, et al. Role of peripheral sigma-1 receptors in ischaemic pain: Potential interactions with ASIC and P2X receptors. Eur J Pain. 2016;20:594-606 pubmed publisher..Peripheral Sig-1Rs contribute to the induction of ischaemia-induced MA via facilitation of ASICs and P2X receptors. Thus, peripheral Sig-1Rs represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of ischaemic pain. ..
- Ramanan R, Kim B, Cho D, Oh H, Kim H. Algae-bacteria interactions: Evolution, ecology and emerging applications. Biotechnol Adv. 2016;34:14-29 pubmed publisher..Finally, we focus on extending such studies on algal-bacterial interactions to various environmental and bio-technological applications. ..