Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Daegu, South Korea
Locale: Daegu, South Korea
Publications360 found, 100 shown here
- Ock J, Han H, Hong S, Lee S, Han Y, Kwon B, et al. Obovatol attenuates microglia-mediated neuroinflammation by modulating redox regulation. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;159:1646-62 pubmed..Furthermore, our results indicate that Prx2 is a novel drug target that can be exploited for the therapeutic modulation of neuroinflammatory signalling. ..
- Jeon H, Han S, Lim K, Won K, Bae Y, Ahn D. Intracisternal administration of NR2 subunit antagonists attenuates the nociceptive behavior and p-p38 MAPK expression produced by compression of the trigeminal nerve root. Mol Pain. 2011;7:46 pubmed publisher..Our data further indicate that the targeted blockade of NR2 subunits is a potentially important new treatments strategy for trigeminal neuralgia-like nociception. ..
- Cho H, Lee H, Kim H, Han H, Kim I. Expression of Na+-K+ -2Cl- cotransporter 1 is epigenetically regulated during postnatal development of hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2011;24:1286-93 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that maintenance of hypomethylation in Nkcc1 promoter of SHR resulting from low DNMT activity plays an important role in the upregulation of NKCC1 during development of spontaneous hypertension. ..
- Bae J, Huh M, Ryu B, Do J, Jin S, Moon M, et al. The effect of static magnetic fields on the aggregation and cytotoxicity of magnetic nanoparticles. Biomaterials. 2011;32:9401-14 pubmed publisher..Since aggregation of MNP in biological milieu in the presence of strong SMF is inevitable, a fundamentally different approach to surface fabrication is essential to increase the biocompatibility of MNP. ..
- Kim J, Ahn B, Hwang M, Jeon Y, Jeong S, Lee S, et al. Combined RNA interference of hexokinase II and (131)I-sodium iodide symporter gene therapy for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:1756-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this combined therapy could be used as a powerful strategy for treating anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Lee S, Kim M, Lee D, Kwon T, Khang D, Yun H, et al. The comparative immunotoxicity of mesoporous silica nanoparticles and colloidal silica nanoparticles in mice. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:147-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the importance of verifying biocompatibility both in vitro and in vivo during the design of new nanomaterials. ..
- Park S, Lee B, Kim H, Ji Y, Sung Y, ShikChoi K, et al. Inhibition of Migration and Invasion by Tet-1 Overexpression in Human Lung Carcinoma H460 Cells. Oncol Res. 2016;23:89-98 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that Tet1 expression plays a critical role in metastasis of lung cancer cells by suppression of invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT). ..
- Singh M, Kwak G, Kim K, Kim H. Methionine sulfoxide reductase A protects hepatocytes against acetaminophen-induced toxicity via regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:695-701 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that MsrA protects hepatocytes from APAP-induced cytotoxicity through the modulation of TXNRD1 expression. ..
- Lee M, Kim Y, Park H, Kang A, Kyung H, Sung J, et al. BMP-2-induced Runx2 expression is mediated by Dlx5, and TGF-beta 1 opposes the BMP-2-induced osteoblast differentiation by suppression of Dlx5 expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34387-94 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Dlx5 is an indispensable regulator of BMP-2-induced osteoblast differentiation as well as the counteraction point of the opposing TGF-beta 1 action. ..
- Cho C, Tak W, Kweon Y, Kim S, Choi Y, Kong H, et al. A human case of Echinostoma hortense (Trematoda: Echinostomatidae) infection diagnosed by gastroduodenal endoscopy in Korea. Korean J Parasitol. 2003;41:117-20 pubmed..The source of the infection in this case remains unclear, but the fresh water fish consumed, including the loach, may have been the source. This is the second case of E. hortense infection diagnosed by endoscopy in Korea...
- Jeong D, Jeong W, Chung J, An M, Jung C, Lee G, et al. Hepatic cirrhosis occurring in a young woodchuck (Marmota monax) due to vertical transmission of woodchuck hepatitis virus (WHV). J Vet Sci. 2003;4:199-201 pubmed..We believe that this may represent a new suitable and cost-effective cirrhotic model for the disease processes associated with hepadnaviruses in a number of other species, most notably Hepatitis B virus infection in man. ..
- Ryoo S, Ahn C, Lee J, Kang Y, Jeon C. Immunocytochemical localization of neurons containing the AMPA GluR2/3 subunit in the hamster visual cortex. Mol Cells. 2003;16:211-5 pubmed..Thus specific layers of neurons express the GluR2/3 subunit and these do not correlate with expression of calbindin D28K and calretinin. ..
- Cho S, Jung J, Shin S, Jin I, Ko B, Kim Kwon Y, et al. Nonspecific association of 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase with the rat forebrain postsynaptic density fraction. Exp Mol Med. 2003;35:486-93 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that CNP is expressed in the early stage of in vitro development and nonspecifically included in the adult rat PSD fraction. ..
- Park S, Jung M, Lee S, Kang K, Gratchev A, Riabov V, et al. Stabilin-1 mediates phosphatidylserine-dependent clearance of cell corpses in alternatively activated macrophages. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3365-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this protein might play an important role in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis and prevention of autoimmunity. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Lee G, Kwon J. Antihyperglycemic and antioxidative effects of new herbal formula in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Med Food. 2009;12:728-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, treatment with NHF increased the mRNA levels of GLUT4 in soleus muscle. Therefore NHF may be an effective preventive and therapeutic agent for diabetes mellitus. ..
- Ahn S, Jeon Y, Lee Y, Lee Y, Lee S, Ahn B, et al. Enhanced anti-tumor effects of combined MDR1 RNA interference and human sodium/iodide symporter (NIS) radioiodine gene therapy using an adenoviral system in a colon cancer model. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010;17:492-500 pubmed publisher..Adenovirus-mediated cancer gene therapy using MDR1 shRNA and hNIS would be a useful tool for the treatment of cancer cells expressing multi-drug resistant genes. ..
- Kim T, Jung J, Ha B, Hong J, Park E, Kim H, et al. The effects of luteolin on osteoclast differentiation, function in vitro and ovariectomy-induced bone loss. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22:8-15 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that luteolin has the potential for prevention of bone loss in postmenopausal osteoporosis by reducing both osteoclast differentiation and function. ..
- Eo K, Kwak D, Shin T, Yeo Y, Jung K, Kwon S, et al. Skin lesions associated with Demodex sp. in a llama (Lama glama). [corrected]. J Zoo Wildl Med. 2010;41:178-80 pubmed..in L. glama. [corrected] Incidental findings were previously described in a different species of llamas (Lama glama) without any recognized symptoms. Treatment with amitraz (0.025%) eliminated the mites and resolved the clinical signs...
- Jeong S, Hwang M, Kim J, Kang S, Park J, Yoo J, et al. Combined Cerenkov luminescence and nuclear imaging of radioiodine in the thyroid gland and thyroid cancer cells expressing sodium iodide symporter: initial feasibility study. Endocr J. 2011;58:575-83 pubmed..We successfully demonstrated dual molecular imaging of CLI and NI using RI both in vitro and in vivo. CLI can provide a new OI strategy in preclinical thyroid studies. ..
- Lee S, Kim J, Kim J, Seo J, Han H, Lee W, et al. Lipocalin-2 Is a chemokine inducer in the central nervous system: role of chemokine ligand 10 (CXCL10) in lipocalin-2-induced cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43855-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, the LCN2 proteins, secreted under inflammatory conditions, may amplify neuroinflammation by inducing CNS cells to secrete chemokines such as CXCL10, which recruit additional inflammatory cells. ..
- Park J, Ki M, Lee E, Kim A, You S, Han S, et al. Losartan improves adipose tissue-derived stem cell niche by inhibiting transforming growth factor-? and fibrosis in skeletal muscle injury. Cell Transplant. 2012;21:2407-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present study indicated that ASC transplantation effect for skeletal muscle injury can be dramatically improved by losartan treatment inducing better niche. ..
- Kim Y, Kim M, Koo T, Kim J, Koun S, Ham H, et al. Histone deacetylase is required for the activation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling crucial for heart valve formation in zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:140-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that HDAC activity plays a pivotal role in vertebrate heart tube formation by activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling which induces bmp4 expression in AVC myocardial cells. ..
- Choi J, Lee H, Jin H, Bae J, Kim G. Micropatterning of neural stem cells and Purkinje neurons using a polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) stencil. Lab Chip. 2012;12:5045-50 pubmed publisher..The results showed that cells could be cultured and differentiated into micropatterns in a precisely controlled manner in any shape and in specific sizes for bioscience study and bioengineering applications. ..
- Lee S, Choi H, Nam E, Noh Y, Lee S, Lee Y, et al. Pathogenicity and genetic characteristics associated with cell adaptation of a virulent porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nsp2 DEL strain CA-2. Vet Microbiol. 2016;186:174-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that the cell-attenuated CA-2-P100 strain is a promising candidate for developing a safe and effective live PRRSV vaccine. ..
- Paik S, Lee D, Kim J, Bae J, Cho Y, Ahn D, et al. Quantitative ultrastructural analysis of the neurofilament 200-positive axons in the rat dental pulp. J Endod. 2010;36:1638-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that pulpal innervation originates predominantly from myelinated axons, and the myelinated axons undergo extensive morphologic changes during their course from the radicular to the peripheral pulp. ..
- Oh J, Park S, de Crombrugghe B, Kim J. Chondrocyte-specific ablation of Osterix leads to impaired endochondral ossification. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:634-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Osx regulates chondrocyte differentiation and bone growth in growth plate chondrocytes, suggesting an autonomous function of Osx in chondrocytes during endochondral ossification. ..
- Kim Y, Lee C. Ribavirin efficiently suppresses porcine nidovirus replication. Virus Res. 2013;171:44-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that ribavirin might not only be a good therapeutic agent against porcine nidovirus, but also a potential candidate to be evaluated against other human and animal coronaviruses. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, Kim H, Park K, Harris R, Cho W, et al. Scoparone exerts anti-tumor activity against DU145 prostate cancer cells via inhibition of STAT3 activity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80391 pubmed publisher..Computational modeling suggested that scoparone might bind the SH2 domain of STAT3. Our findings suggest that scoparone elicits an anti-tumor effect against DU145 prostate cancer cells in part through inhibition of STAT3 activity. ..
- Zheng L, Hwang J, Ock J, Lee M, Lee W, Suk K. The antipsychotic spiperone attenuates inflammatory response in cultured microglia via the reduction of proinflammatory cytokine expression and nitric oxide production. J Neurochem. 2008;107:1225-35 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the antipsychotic spiperone has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects in the central nervous system by modulating glial activation. ..
- Lee J, Lim E, Park D, Lee S, Kim J, Baek S. A combination of Lox-1 and Nox1 regulates TLR9-mediated foam cell formation. Cell Signal. 2008;20:2266-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that a combination of Lox-1 and Nox1 plays a key role in the TLR9-mediated formation of foam cells via the p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Kim H, Han J, Kim M, Cho K, Shin I, Kim G, et al. Prevalence of clonorchiasis in patients with gastrointestinal disease: a Korean nationwide multicenter survey. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:86-94 pubmed..To investigate prevalence of Clonorchis sinensis in patients with gastrointestinal symptoms, and the relation of the infection to hepatobiliary diseases in 26 hospitals in Korea...
- Kim J, Seok Y, Jung K, Park K. Reactive oxygen species/oxidative stress contributes to progression of kidney fibrosis following transient ischemic injury in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F461-70 pubmed publisher..We concluded that kidney fibrosis develops chronically following I/R injury, and this process is associated with the increase of ROS/oxidative stress. ..
- Sung J, Woo C, Kang Y, Lee K, Choi H. AMPK induces vascular smooth muscle cell senescence via LKB1 dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;413:143-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LKB1 dependent AMPK activation elicits VSMC senescence and p53-p21 pathway is a mediator of LKB1/AMPK-induced senescence. ..
- Seo S, Sunaguchi N, Yuasa T, Huo Q, Ando M, Choi G, et al. Visualization of microvascular proliferation as a tumor infiltration structure in rat glioma specimens using the diffraction-enhanced imaging in-plane CT technique. Phys Med Biol. 2012;57:1251-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DEI-CT is capable of imaging potent tumor-infiltrating MVP structures surrounding high-grade gliomas. ..
- Han S, Jung Y, Lee E, Park H, Kim G, Jeong J, et al. DICAM inhibits angiogenesis via suppression of AKT and p38 MAP kinase signalling. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;98:73-82 pubmed publisher..Collectively, DICAM suppressed angiogenesis by attenuating AKT and p38 MAP kinase signalling, which suggests that DICAM may be a novel negative regulator of angiogenesis. ..
- Choi M, Chang K. Effect of dietary taurine and arginine supplementation on bone mineral density in growing female rats. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;776:335-45 pubmed publisher..Additional work is needed to clarify the interactive effects between the taurine and arginine to determine whether dietary intakes of arginine and taurine affect bone quality in growing rats. ..
- Ko H, Youn C, Kim S, Kim S. Effect of Pet Insects on the Psychological Health of Community-Dwelling Elderly People: A Single-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Trial. Gerontology. 2016;62:200-9 pubmed publisher..No serious risks or adverse events were reported. Caring for insects, which is cost-effective and safe, was associated with a small to medium positive effect on depression and cognitive function in community-dwelling elderly people. ..
- Um J, Choi T, Kang H, Cho Y, Choii G, Uvarov P, et al. LRRTM3 Regulates Excitatory Synapse Development through Alternative Splicing and Neurexin Binding. Cell Rep. 2016;14:808-822 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlight alternative splicing and differential presynaptic ligand utilization in the regulation of LRRTMs, revealing key regulatory mechanisms for excitatory synapse development. ..
- Lee J, Kim B, Kim T, Lee S, Park H, Chung K, et al. A Food Effect Study of an Oral Thrombin Inhibitor and Prodrug Approach To Mitigate It. Mol Pharm. 2016;13:1197-205 pubmed publisher..Trypsin binding study is proposed as a screening tool during lead optimization to minimize food effect. ..
- Kim Y, Jung D, Oh S, Lee T, Lee I, Lee K, et al. Protective effects of 1,2,3-triazole derivative KPR-A020 against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in murine cochlear cultures. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;96:59-64 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that KPR-A020 can be used as an antioxidant and antiapoptotic agent to prevent hearing loss caused by cisplatin induced-oxidative stress. ..
- Park B, Chun E, Choi J, Shin Y, Kho Y, Oh S, et al. Administration of Wasabia koreana Ameliorates Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Like Symptoms in a Zymosan-Induced Mouse Model. J Med Food. 2017;20:474-484 pubmed publisher..These changes were accompanied by reduced FosB2 expression in the brain. Taken together, these data suggest that WK may have potential as a medicinal food for IBS by acting on inflammatory diarrhea and neural activity. ..
- Doh K, Kim Y, Park S, Lee S, Park J, Kim J. Interrelation between long-chain fatty acid oxidation rate and carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 activity with different isoforms in rat tissues. Life Sci. 2005;77:435-43 pubmed..In conclusion, CPT1 activity seems very important factor for LCFA oxidation, but it might be not the only rate-limiting step in LCFA oxidation. ..
- Bae J, Furuya S, Ahn S, Yi S, Hirabayashi Y, Jin H. Neuroglial activation in Niemann-Pick Type C mice is suppressed by intracerebral transplantation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Neurosci Lett. 2005;381:234-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that BM-MSC transplantation may have potential for a therapeutic role in the treatment of NP-C and other neurodegenerative brain disorders. ..
- Jung J, Jung J, Lee C, Kim E, Kwon J, Kim B. [A case of hepatic abscess caused by toxocara]. Korean J Hepatol. 2007;13:409-13 pubmed
- Lee J, Lee S, Park D, Lee S, Yoon H, Chin B, et al. Toll-like receptor 9-stimulated monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is mediated via JNK-cytosolic phospholipase A2-ROS signaling. Cell Signal. 2008;20:105-11 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that CpG enhances ROS generation through cPLA2-dependent pathways, which results in MCP-1 release. ..
- Kim M, Kim M, Heo J, Kim J, Han H. Acetylcholine inhibits long-term hypoxia-induced apoptosis by suppressing the oxidative stress-mediated MAPKs activation as well as regulation of Bcl-2, c-IAPs, and caspase-3 in mouse embryonic stem cells. Apoptosis. 2008;13:295-304 pubmed..In conclusion, ACh prevented the hypoxia-induced apoptosis of mouse ES cells by inhibiting the ROS-mediated p38 MAPK and JNK activation as well as the regulation of Bcl-2, c-IAPs, and caspase-3. ..
- Kwon M, Koo B, Choi B, Park Y, Lee Y, Suh H, et al. Generation of transgenic chickens that produce bioactive human granulocyte-colony stimulating factor. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:1120-6 pubmed publisher..Successful germline transmission of the transgene was also confirmed in G(1) transgenic chicks produced from the cross of Go transgenic roosters with nontransgenic hens, but most of the G(1) progeny were dead within 1 month of hatching. ..
- Sin J. Suppression of antitumour protective cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses to a human papillomavirus 16 E7 DNA vaccine by coinjection of interleukin-12 complementary DNA: involvement of nitric oxide in immune suppression. Immunology. 2009;128:e707-17 pubmed publisher..This study further shows that the adjuvant effect of IL-12 is dependent on the antigen types tested. ..
- Sung H, Ahn J, Yoon Y, Rhim T, Park C, Park J, et al. Identification and validation of SAA as a potential lung cancer biomarker and its involvement in metastatic pathogenesis of lung cancer. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:1383-95 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a higher concentration of SAA can serve as an indicator of lung adenocarcinoma and represents a therapeutic target for the inhibition of lung cancer metastasis. ..
- Sagong M, Park C, Kim S, Lee K, Lee O, Lee D, et al. Human telomerase reverse transcriptase-immortalized porcine monomyeloid cell lines for the production of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. J Virol Methods. 2012;179:26-32 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the hTERT-immortalized PAM cell lines can enable us to facilitate the continued use of PAMs for virus isolation and production and to provide a promising tool for viral pathogenesis and immune function studies. ..
- Lee S, Kim Y, Shin T, Kim S. Neurotoxic effects of bisphenol AF on calcium-induced ROS and MAPKs. Neurotox Res. 2013;23:249-59 pubmed publisher..We found that BPAF interrupted the normal physiologic functions of microglia at non-toxic levels. Taken together, our results suggest that BPAF, the substitute of BPA, also have neurotoxic properties. ..
- Lee H, Kang J, Lee J, Bae J, Jin H. Bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote proliferation and neuronal differentiation of Niemann-Pick type C mouse neural stem cells by upregulation and secretion of CCL2. Hum Gene Ther. 2013;24:655-69 pubmed publisher..These effects suggest that soluble CCL2 derived from BM-MSCs can modulate endogenous NP-C NSCs, resulting in their improved proliferation and neuronal differentiation in mice. ..
- Lee W, Kwon O, Han M, Lee Y, Kim S, Kim K, et al. Role of moesin in HMGB1-stimulated severe inflammatory responses. Thromb Haemost. 2015;114:350-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that the HMGB1-RAGE-moesin axis can elicit severe inflammatory responses, suggesting it to be a potential target for the development of diagnostics and therapeutics for sepsis. ..
- Ahn H, Yoo J, Lee S, Lee H, Lee H, Lee D. Peroxiredoxin 5 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:580-586 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PRX5 can be used as a predictive biomarker and serves as a putative therapeutic target for the development of clinical treatments for human CRC. ..
- Jeon W, Kim K, Kim E, Jang W. Costunolide increases osteoblast differentiation via ATF4-dependent HO-1 expression in C3H10T1/2 cells. Life Sci. 2017;178:94-99 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that costunolide-induced osteoblast differentiation is regulated by ATF4-dependent HO-1 expression. ..
- Kang Y, Jung U, Lee M, Kim H, Jeon S, Park Y, et al. Eupatilin, isolated from Artemisia princeps Pampanini, enhances hepatic glucose metabolism and pancreatic beta-cell function in type 2 diabetic mice. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;82:25-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that eupatilin played the role of an antidiabetic functional component in A. princeps by enhancing hepatic and plasma glucose metabolism as well as by increasing insulin secretion in type 2 diabetic mice. ..
- Kim B, Cha H, Kim Y, Kim J, Dan J, Park S. Inhibition of lipid infusion-induced skeletal muscle insulin resistance by cotreatment with tempol and glutathione in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;110:370-80 pubmed..These results suggest that lipid infusion-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle is produced by oxidative stress and cotreatment with tempol and GSH inhibits lipid-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Heo J, Nam D, Seo M, Lee S. Alleviation of atopic dermatitis-related symptoms by Perilla frutescens Britton. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:733-7 pubmed publisher..7%) in adjacent skin tissues. Collectively, the present results suggest that PfB/af has potential for mitigation of atopic dermatitis-like symptoms induced by DNFB in the mouse...
- Ban S, Rico C, Um I, Kang M. Comparative evaluation of the hypolipidemic effects of hydroxyethyl methylcellulose (HEMC) and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) in high fat-fed mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:130-4 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that compared with HPMC, HEMC was similarly effective in improving the lipid metabolism under high fat diet condition and may be useful in the prevention and treatment of high fat diet-induced hyperlipidemia. ..
- Paudel S, Kim Y, Huh M, Kim S, Chang Y, Park Y, et al. ADAM10 mediates N-cadherin ectodomain shedding during retinal ganglion cell differentiation in primary cultured retinal cells from the developing chick retina. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:942-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that the inhibition of ADAM10 can inhibit Pax6 expression and N-cadherin ectodomain shedding in retinal cells, possibly affecting neurite outgrowth and ganglion cell differentiation. ..
- Seo B, Min K, Kim S, Park J, Park W, Lee T, et al. Anisomycin treatment enhances TRAIL-mediated apoptosis in renal carcinoma cells through the down-regulation of Bcl-2, c-FLIP(L) and Mcl-1. Biochimie. 2013;95:858-65 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our study demonstrates that anisomycin treatment enhances TRAIL-mediated apoptosis through the down-regulation of Bcl-2, c-FLIP(L) and Mcl-1 at the transcriptional or post-transcriptional level. ..
- Hong I, Park S, Goo M, Lee H, Park J, Ki M, et al. JNK1 and JNK2 regulate ?-SMA in hepatic stellate cells during CCl4 -induced fibrosis in the rat liver. Pathol Int. 2013;63:483-91 pubmed publisher..We suggest that JNKs are responsible for ?-SMA regulation, and especially JNK1 has a major role in up-regulation of ?-SMA expression in HSCs under stress condition induced by TGF-? during liver fibrosis. ..
- Kim J, Yun E, Park S, Goo T, Seo M. Allomyrina Dichotoma Larvae Regulate Food Intake and Body Weight in High Fat Diet-Induced Obese Mice Through mTOR and Mapk Signaling Pathways. Nutrients. 2016;8:100 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that ADE and its constituent bioactive compounds are available and valuable to use for treatment of various diseases driven by prolonged ER stress. ..
- Kim M, Park K, Lee K, Kim H, Kim S, Kim C, et al. Cilostazol inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell growth by downregulation of the transcription factor E2F. Hypertension. 2005;45:552-6 pubmed
- Jung M, Park S, Kim I. Stabilin-2 is involved in lymphocyte adhesion to the hepatic sinusoidal endothelium via the interaction with alphaMbeta2 integrin. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:1156-65 pubmed..We propose a critical role for stabilin-2 in lymphocyte adhesion to specialized endothelia, such as that of the hepatic sinusoid. ..
- Hwang J, Smith C, Salhia B, Rutka J. The role of fascin in the migration and invasiveness of malignant glioma cells. Neoplasia. 2008;10:149-59 pubmed..Finally, we show a decreased invasiveness of U251-GFP cells by fascin knockdown in an ex vivo rat brain slice model system. This is the first study to demonstrate a role for fascin in glioma cell morphology, motility, and invasiveness. ..
- Sin J, Kim J, Bae S, Lee I, Park J, Ryoo H. Adoptive transfer of human papillomavirus E7-specific CTL enhances tumor chemoresponse through the perforin/granzyme-mediated pathway. Mol Ther. 2009;17:906-13 pubmed publisher..This finding may have important implications for treating HPV-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Song D, Jang Y, Kim J, Chun K, Lee D, Xu Z. Polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin gallate during ischemia limits infarct size via mitochondrial K(ATP) channel activation in isolated rat hearts. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:380-6 pubmed publisher..1+/-1.2%, P<0.001 vs. EGCG ). These data support a role for the K(ATP) channels in EGCG-induced cardioprotection. The mK(ATP) channels play a crucial role in the cardioprotection by EGCG. ..
- Kim J, Kim D, Park M, Cho H, Zervos A, Bonventre J, et al. Omi/HtrA2 protease is associated with tubular cell apoptosis and fibrosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F1332-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Omi/HtrA2 is associated with apoptotic signaling pathways in tubular epithelial cells activated by unilateral ureteral obstruction, thereby resulting in kidney fibrosis. ..
- Kim H. New understanding of glucocorticoid action in bone cells. BMB Rep. 2010;43:524-9 pubmed..Thus, GCs inhibit microtubule-dependent cytoskeletal organization in osteoclasts, which, in the context of bone remodeling, further dampens bone formation. ..
- Shin M, Lee J, Yu D, Kim H, Bae K, Yuh H, et al. Spatiotemporal expression of tmie in the inner ear of rats during postnatal development. Comp Med. 2010;60:288-94 pubmed..After hair cell maturation, Tmie is thought to be involved in the maintenance of organ of Corti cells. ..
- Choi J, Jeon J, Jang S, Jeong Y, Jeon S, Park H, et al. Differential effects of powdered whole soy milk and its hydrolysate on antiobesity and antihyperlipidemic response to high-fat treatment in C57BL/6N mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:2584-91 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that powdered WSM or WSMH appears to be more beneficial than SM or SMH in overall antiobesity and antihyperlipidemic properties following in the order WSMH/WSM, SMH, SM, and casein. ..
- Kim H, Min W, Jeong J, Kim S, Kim J, Kim S, et al. Combination of Runx2 and BMP2 increases conversion of human ligamentum flavum cells into osteoblastic cells. BMB Rep. 2011;44:446-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Runx2 plus BMP2 mediated efficient conversion of fibroblast-like LF cells into osteoblast- like cells, suggesting the possible use of these components for clinical applications such as spinal fusion. ..
- Lee H, Park D, Bae J, Kim H, Shin D, Park J, et al. RGS2 is a negative regulator of STAT3-mediated Nox1 expression. Cell Signal. 2012;24:803-9 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, these results suggest that TLR2 signaling enhances Nox1 expression through the JAK1/3-STAT3 pathway, and that RGS2, through its regulation by the PKC-?/PLD2 pathway, represses STAT3's transcriptional activation of Nox1. ..
- Lee H, Cho H, Lee D, Kim K, Han H, Kim I. Tissue-specific upregulation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 1 in spontaneously hypertensive rats through histone code modifications. Hypertension. 2012;59:621-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ACE1 is upregulated in local tissues of SHRs via histone code modifications. ..
- Moon E, Xuan Y, Chung D, Hong Y, Kong H. Microarray analysis of differentially expressed genes between cysts and trophozoites of Acanthamoeba castellanii. Korean J Parasitol. 2011;49:341-7 pubmed publisher..The present study provides important clues for the identification and characterization of encystation mediating factors of Acanthamoeba...
- Lee J, Kim H, Kim S, Hwang J, Kim Y, Lim G, et al. DACH1 regulates cell cycle progression of myeloid cells through the control of cyclin D, Cdk 4/6 and p21Cip1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:91-5 pubmed publisher..The expression of Sox2, Oct4, and Klf4 was significantly up-regulated by the forced expression of DACH1 in mouse myeloid progenitor cells. ..
- Sung J, Choi H. Metformin-induced AMP-activated protein kinase activation regulates phenylephrine-mediated contraction of rat aorta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:599-604 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that activation of AMPK by LKB1 decreases VSMC contraction by inhibiting MLCK and p-MLC, indicating that induction by the AMPK-LKB1 pathway may be a new therapeutic target to lower high blood pressure...
- Park H, Jung U, Cho S, Jung H, Shim S, Choi M. Citrus unshiu peel extract ameliorates hyperglycemia and hepatic steatosis by altering inflammation and hepatic glucose- and lipid-regulating enzymes in db/db mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:419-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that CPE has the potential to improve both hyperglycemia and hepatic steatosis in Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lee H, Yang J. PCB126 induces apoptosis of chondrocytes via ROS-dependent pathways. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012;20:1179-85 pubmed publisher..PCB may be an initiator of chondrocyte apoptosis, which is closely linked to degradation of cartilage in OA pathogenesis. This study may contribute to identifying the possible causes of arthritis in our environment. ..
- Lee W, Ku S, Kim J, Lee T, Bae J. Inhibitory effects of epi-sesamin on HMGB1-induced vascular barrier disruptive responses in vitro and in vivo. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;267:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ESM could be a candidate therapeutic agent for treatment of various severe vascular inflammatory diseases via inhibition of the HMGB1 signaling pathway. ..
- Park S, Lee J, Cho H, Lee K, Kim M, Yun B, et al. tmie Is required for gentamicin uptake by the hair cells of mice. Comp Med. 2013;63:136-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that hair cells in cir/cir mice demonstrate abnormal maturation and mechanotransduction. In addition, our current results indicate that tmie is required for maturation and maintenance of hair cells. ..
- Kwon O, Sim J, Kim S, Oh H, Nam D, Lee S. Global proteomic analysis of protein acetylation affecting metabolic regulation in Daphnia pulex. Biochimie. 2016;121:219-27 pubmed publisher..pulex is highly enriched in proteins associated with metabolic processes. Our data provide the first global analysis of Kac in D.Â pulex and is an important resource for the functional analysis of Kac in this organism. ..
- Kwak E, Kim J, Kang K, Lee Y, Hua Q, Park T, et al. The role of inducible nitric oxide synthase following spinal cord injury in rat. J Korean Med Sci. 2005;20:663-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that nitric oxide generated by the iNOS of macrophages, neurons, oligodentrocytes, and astrocytes plays an important role for the acute secondary SCI that results from apoptotic cell death. ..