Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Busan, South Korea
Locale: Busan, South Korea
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Hu Z, Lee K, Choo Y, Yoon H, Kim I, Wei Y, et al. Molecular characterization of a phospholipid-hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase from the bumblebee Bombus ignitus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;155:54-61 pubmed publisher..ignitus worker bees showed upregulated expression of Bi-PHGPx in the fat body. These results indicate that Bi-PHGPx is a stress-inducible antioxidant enzyme that acts on phospholipid hydroperoxide and H(2)O(2). ..
- Kong H, Kim J, Moon J, Kim Y, Nam B, Kim W, et al. Hypoxia induces the PDZ domain-containing syntenin in the marine teleost Paralichthys olivaceus. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;152:195-201 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PoSyntenin is a hypoxia target gene that has a potential role in the hypoxia response mechanism of fish. ..
- Kim M, Kim K. Inhibition of viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus replication using a short hairpin RNA targeting the G gene. Arch Virol. 2011;156:457-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, shRNA-VG594 expressed in EPC cells did not confer protection against infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus (IHNV), suggesting sequence-specific RNAi-dependent suppression of viral replication. ..
- Ju J, Yoon H, Park H, Kim M, Shin H, Park K, et al. Anti-obesity and antioxidative effects of purple sweet potato extract in 3T3-L1 adipocytes in vitro. J Med Food. 2011;14:1097-106 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study shows that PSP extract has antilipogenic, anti-inflammatory, and lipolytic effects on adipocytes and has radical scavenging and reducing activity. ..
- Lee S, Kim I, Kim J, Park J, Kim Y, Yamaguchi M, et al. Regulation of intestinal stem cell proliferation by human methyl-CpG-binding protein-2 in Drosophila. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:197-208 pubmed..Our data suggests the hypothesis that the expression of hMeCP2 in differentiated ECs stimulates ISC proliferation, implying a role of MeCP2 as a stem cell regulator. ..
- Kang D, Heo R, Yi C, Kim H, Choi C, Roh G. High-fat diet-induced obesity exacerbates kainic acid-induced hippocampal cell death. BMC Neurosci. 2015;16:72 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that complex mechanisms affected by obesity-induced systemic inflammation, neuroinflammation, ER stress, calcium overload, and oxidative stress may contribute to neuronal death after brain injury. ..
- Zhao Q, Mansoor T, Hong J, Lee C, Im K, Lee D, et al. New lysophosphatidylcholines and monoglycerides from the marine sponge Stelletta sp. J Nat Prod. 2003;66:725-8 pubmed..The stereochemistry was defined by comparison of the optical rotation. The compounds were evaluated for cytotoxicity against a small panel of five human tumor cell lines. ..
- Seog D. SS33410, an inhibitor of V-ATPase, blocks intracellular protein transport of the VSV-G protein in the Golgi compartment. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:2591-7 pubmed..These studies thus suggest that SS33410 blocks the intracellular protein transport before the step of trimming by mannosidase II, which is confined to the medial Golgi compartment. ..
- Kim S, Lee D, Jung W, Kim J, Choi I, Park S, et al. Effects of Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts on airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation in a murine asthma model: role of suppressor of cytokine signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2008;62:289-96 pubmed..Accordingly, this study may provide evidence that EC extract performs a critical function in the amelioration of the pathogenetic process of asthma in mice. ..
- Lee H, Kim S, Shim J, Lee S, Lee H, Cho K, et al. Serum amyloid A induces CCL2 production via formyl peptide receptor-like 1-mediated signaling in human monocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:4332-9 pubmed..These results suggest that SAA and FPRL1 offer a developmental starting point for the treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Shin D, Kim O, Jun H, Kang M. Inhibitory effect of capsaicin on B16-F10 melanoma cell migration via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/Rac1 signal pathway. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:486-94 pubmed..Consequently, capsaicin administration should be considered an effective approach for the suppression of invasion and metastasis in malignant melanoma chemotherapy. ..
- Li Y, Lee S, Le Q, Kim M, Kim S. Anti-allergic effects of phlorotannins on histamine release via binding inhibition between IgE and Fc epsilonRI. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:12073-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that compounds 1 and 3 could be the key effectors in the crude methanol extract of EC against allergy disease and used as novel candidates for development in the cosmetic and drug industries potentially. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Kim J, Lee S, Park S, Yamaguchi M, et al. Regulation of the Drosophila p38b gene by transcription factor DREF in the adult midgut. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1799:510-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the D-p38b gene is regulated by the DREF pathway and that DREF is involved in the regulation of proliferation and differentiation of Drosophila ISCs and progenitors. ..
- Kim M, Zhang H, Kim S. Combined growth factors enhanced angiogenic potential of cord blood-derived mononuclear cells transplanted to ischemic limbs. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;51:702-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that 5f-MNCs could be used as a novel therapy for the treatment of ischemic cardiovascular disease due to their increased level of engraftment and angiogenic potential. ..
- Choi J, Yu T, Cha B, Rhee M, Yoo E, Kim M, et al. Modulatory effects of ZYM-201 sodium succinate on dietary-induced hyperlipidemic conditions. Pharmazie. 2011;66:791-7 pubmed
- Lee S, Park J, Kim Y, Chung H, Yoo M. Requirement of matrix metalloproteinase-1 for intestinal homeostasis in the adult Drosophila midgut. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:670-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Drosophila Mmp1 is involved in the regulation of ISC proliferation for maintenance of gut homeostasis. ..
- Park H, Kim G, Hyun J, Hwang H, Kim N, Kim B, et al. 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone exhibits anti-inflammatory properties by downregulating the NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathways in lipopolysaccharide-treated RAW264.7 cells. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:1146-52 pubmed publisher..7 cells. Thus, 7,8-DHF may be a novel therapeutic agent for the prevention of various inflammatory diseases. ..
- Jang S, Shin Y, Lee H, Park J, Suh D, Kim J, et al. Local production of serum amyloid a is implicated in the induction of macrophage chemoattractants in Schwann cells during wallerian degeneration of peripheral nerves. Glia. 2012;60:1619-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that locally produced SAA might play an important role in Wallerian degeneration after peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Qiu Y, Lee K, Choo Y, Kong D, Yoon H, Jin B. Molecular cloning and antifibrinolytic activity of a serine protease inhibitor from bumblebee (Bombus terrestris) venom. Toxicon. 2013;63:1-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the antifibrinolytic role of Bt-KTI as a plasmin inhibitor...
- Li J, Xiao B, Park M, Yoo E, Shin S, Hong J, et al. PPAR-? agonistic metabolites from the ascidian Herdmania momus. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:2082-7 pubmed publisher..Analogues with indoleglyoxyl moieties (5, 6, and 8) showed significant PPAR-? activation in Ac2F rat liver cells. ..
- Ahn B, Moon H, Kim H, Jung H, Choi J. Neuroprotective effect of edible brown alga Eisenia bicyclis on amyloid beta peptide-induced toxicity in PC12 cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2012;35:1989-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of the present study imply that E. bicyclis and its active components attenuated the oxidative stress and reduced neuronal cell death, suggesting that it may be used as a dietary neuroprotective agent in AD. ..
- De U, Chun P, Choi W, Lee B, Kim N, Moon H, et al. A novel anthracene derivative, MHY412, induces apoptosis in doxorubicin-resistant MCF-7/Adr human breast cancer cells through cell cycle arrest and downregulation of P-glycoprotein expression. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:167-76 pubmed publisher..In particular, MHY412 is a new candidate agent for the treatment of Bcl-2 overexpressed doxorubicin-resistant human breast cancer. ..
- Kang T, Leem S. Modulation of ATR-mediated DNA damage checkpoint response by cryptochrome 1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:4427-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate the intimate interaction between the circadian clock and the DDC system during genotoxic stress in clock-ticking cells...
- Hwang H, Kwon J, Kim J, Lee H, Oh C, Choi G. The RIDA Allergy Screen Versus the Phadiatop Test in 430 Consecutive Patient Specimens. Lab Med. 2016;47:20-9 pubmed publisher..1%) RIDA qLine Allergy negative/Phadiatop positive cases yielded positive results in more than 1 of the 14 tested items. Our results suggest that the Phadiatop test is more accurate than the RIDA qLine Allergy in discrepant cases. ..
- Kim S, Oh D, Oh J, Son T, Yuk D, Jung Y. Silymarin Prevents Restraint Stress-Induced Acute Liver Injury by Ameliorating Oxidative Stress and Reducing Inflammatory Response. Molecules. 2016;21:443 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that the inhibition of restraint stress-induced liver injury by silymarin is due at least in part to its anti-oxidant activity and its ability to suppress the inflammatory response. ..
- Lee S, Lee H, Chung W, Choi S, Rhyu S, Kim D, et al. TRAIL induces apoptosis of chondrocytes and influences the pathogenesis of experimentally induced rat osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:534-42 pubmed..TRAIL induces chondrocyte apoptosis, and TRAIL-induced chondrocyte apoptosis may play a role in the pathogenesis of OA. ..
- Jeong H, Jeong H, Kim C. p22phox-derived superoxide mediates enhanced proliferative capacity of diabetic vascular smooth muscle cells. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004;64:1-10 pubmed..Based on these results, it is suggested that diabetes-associated increase in NAD(P)H oxidase activity via enhanced expression of p22phox contributes to augmented VSMC proliferation in diabetic rats. ..
- Sung B, Park S, Yu B, Chung H. Modulation of PPAR in aging, inflammation, and calorie restriction. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004;59:997-1006 pubmed..Based on these findings, we conclude that the altered expression of PPARs may be due to increased oxidative stress with age, and that CR prevents these decreases through its antioxidative action. ..
- Kim Y, Park S, Oh Y, Kang W, Kim H, Lee E. Purification and characterization of human caseinomacropeptide produced by a recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Protein Expr Purif. 2005;41:441-6 pubmed..The authenticity of the purified hCMP was confirmed by sequence analysis of N-terminal amino acids. The recombinant hCMP was estimated to be 7.0kDa by SDS-PAGE, and showed a lower glycosylation than the natural bovine CMP. ..
- Lee H, Bae H, Park H, Seo I, Lee E, Suh D, et al. Cloning, characterization and neuronal expression profiles of tumor endothelial marker 7 in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;136:189-98 pubmed..Our results indicate that TEM7 plays a role as a transmembrane receptor in some neuronal populations of the vertebrate brains. ..
- Kim K, Shin H, Kim K, Choi H, Rhee S, Moon H, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein induces hepatic steatosis via transcriptional activation of SREBP1 and PPARgamma. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1955-67 pubmed
- Lee D, Kwak I, Lee S, Song S, Seong E, Yang B, et al. Post-treatment effects of erythropoietin and nordihydroguaiaretic acid on recovery from cisplatin-induced acute renal failure in the rat. J Korean Med Sci. 2009;24 Suppl:S170-5 pubmed publisher..Those PCNA(+) cells were significantly increased in Cisplatin+NDGA group. These results suggest that EPO and also NDGA accelerate renal function recovery by stimulating tubular epithelial cell regeneration. ..
- Lee H, Kim S, Shim J, Lee S, Yun J, Bae Y. LL-37 inhibits serum amyloid A-induced IL-8 production in human neutrophils. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:325-33 pubmed publisher..Further, the LL-37-induced inhibitory effect was mediated by FPRL1. Our findings indicate that LL-37 is expected to be useful in the inhibition of SAA signaling and for the development of drugs against SAA-related inflammatory diseases. ..
- Wang L, Lee H, Seo I, Shin Y, Lee K, Park H. Cell type-specific STAT3 activation by gp130-related cytokines in the peripheral nerves. Neuroreport. 2009;20:663-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, LIF was the primary activator of STAT3 in endoneurial fibroblasts. These findings indicate that gp130 cytokines may have cell type-specific roles in peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Lee Y, Park Y, Choi W, Park E, Lee E, Lee J, et al. Sequence and expression analysis of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceous). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:65-71 pubmed publisher..Flounder MAPK was successfully expressed in mammalian COS1 cells and phosphorylated myelin basic protein (MBP) substrate when the cells were stimulated with PMA or EGF, indicating that flounder MAPK is functional in animal cells. ..
- Kim J, Choi W, Lee J, Jeon S, Choi Y, Kim B, et al. Astaxanthin inhibits H2O2-mediated apoptotic cell death in mouse neural progenitor cells via modulation of P38 and MEK signaling pathways. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;19:1355-63 pubmed
- Lee S, Song Y, Lee S, Yoon Y, Lee S, Park B, et al. Downregulation of protein kinase CK2 activity facilitates tumor necrosis factor-?-mediated chondrocyte death through apoptosis and autophagy. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19163 pubmed publisher..It should be clarified in the future if autophagy observed is a consequence versus a cause of the degeneration in vivo. ..
- Kim H. Genomic impact, chromosomal distribution and transcriptional regulation of HERV elements. Mol Cells. 2012;33:539-44 pubmed publisher..Lastly, HERV elements are capable of influencing the expression of neighboring genes, a process that also contributed to primate evolution. ..
- Seo J, Lee M, Nam B, Park N. cgMolluscidin, a novel dibasic residue repeat rich antimicrobial peptide, purified from the gill of the Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:480-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cgMolluscidin might be an oyster-specific novel antimicrobial peptide. ..
- Song J, Qian Y, Li G, Zhao X. Anti-inflammatory effects of kudingcha methanol extract (Ilex kudingcha C.J. Tseng) in dextran sulfate sodium-induced ulcerative colitis. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1256-62 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that KME has anti?inflammatory effects on DSS?induced UC in mice (C57BL/6J strain) by reducing the colonic levels and inhibiting the mRNA expression of pro?inflammatory cytokines...
- Kim D, Cho K, Ko W, Yoon C, Sohn J, Yim J, et al. Anti-Inflammatory and Cytoprotective Effects of TMC-256C1 from Marine-Derived Fungus Aspergillus sp. SF-6354 via up-Regulation of Heme Oxygenase-1 in Murine Hippocampal and Microglial Cell Lines. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:529 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that TMC-256C1 activates HO-1 protein expression, probably by increasing nuclear Nrf2 levels via the activation of the p38 MAPK and PI3K/Akt pathways. ..
- Song H, Song J, Kim Y, Jeong H, Min H, Koh S. DCPP1 is the mouse ortholog of human PAUF that possesses functional analogy in pancreatic cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1498-1503 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that mouse DCPP1 is a multifunctional promoter of tumor growth through functional activation of pancreatic cancer cells, suggesting it to be an ortholog of human PAUF...
- Jung H, Jung M, Kim J, Chung H, Choi J. Inhibitory activity of flavonoids from Prunus davidiana and other flavonoids on total ROS and hydroxyl radical generation. Arch Pharm Res. 2003;26:809-15 pubmed..Also, the presence of an ortho-hydroxyl group, whether on the A-ring or B-ring, and a 3-hydroxyl group on the C-ring increased the inhibitory activity on both total ROS and *OH generation. ..
- Bae W, Kim L, Hur D, Jeong S, Kim J. Secondary apoptosis of spiral ganglion cells induced by aminoglycoside: Fas-Fas ligand signaling pathway. Laryngoscope. 2008;118:1659-68 pubmed publisher..Blocking the Fas-FasL signaling pathway could be considered as a method for preventing secondary degeneration of SGNs, and further studies are needed to confirm this. ..
- Oh S, Park H, Jang Y, Choi S, Son T, Lee J. Baicalein attenuates impaired hippocampal neurogenesis and the neurocognitive deficits induced by ?-ray radiation. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;168:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that baicalein can be viewed as a potential therapeutic agent that protects against the impaired neurogenesis induced by WBI, and its neurocognitive consequences. ..
- Choi Y, Choi T, Yamaguchi M, Matsukage A, Kim Y, Yoo M. Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila caudal homeobox gene by DRE/DREF. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3734-42 pubmed..These findings indicate that DRE/DREF is a key regulator of Drosophila caudal homeobox gene expression and suggest that DREs and DREF contribute to intestinal development by regulating caudal gene expression. ..
- Jo E, Lee H, Lee Y, Kim J, Kang H, Park D, et al. Group IB secretory phospholipase A2 stimulates CXC chemokine ligand 8 production via ERK and NF-kappa B in human neutrophils. J Immunol. 2004;173:6433-9 pubmed..Taken together, we suggest that sPLA(2)-IB plays a role in the modulation of inflammatory and immune responses via the sPLA(2) receptor, by inducing CXCL8 in human neutrophils. ..
- Lee J, Son M, Yoon M, Choi J, Kim Y. Isolation and characterization of ornithine decarboxylase gene from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2004;6:453-62 pubmed
- Zhao M, Söderhäll I, Park J, Ma Y, Osaki T, Ha N, et al. A novel 43-kDa protein as a negative regulatory component of phenoloxidase-induced melanin synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24744-51 pubmed..These results suggest that this 43-kDa MIP inhibits the formation of melanin and thus is a modulator of the melanization reaction to prevent the insect from excessive melanin synthesis in places where it should be inappropriate...
- Cho E, Yokozawa T, Okamoto T. Protective effect of Chinese prescription Kangen-karyu and its crude drug Tanjin against age-related lipidosis in rats. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2007;59:687-94 pubmed..Evidence has been provided for the anti-ageing activity of Kangen-karyu and its crude drug Tanjin against age-related lipidosis. ..
- Cho H, Lee S, Seo S, Choi I, Choi I, Lee S. Interferon-sensitive response element (ISRE) is mainly responsible for IFN-alpha-induced upregulation of programmed death-1 (PD-1) in macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1779:811-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the essential roles of ISRE, STAT1, and STAT2 in the regulation of constitutive and IFN-alpha-mediated PD-1 expression in macrophages. ..
- Kim A, Shin T, Lee M, Park J, Park K, Yoon N, et al. Isolation and identification of phlorotannins from Ecklonia stolonifera with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:3483-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that phlorofucofuroeckol A has a potential for functional foods with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. ..
- Cho K, Lee D, Shin D, Park Y, Chon K. The importance of vascular endothelial growth factor in the healing of acute tympanic membrane perforation. Am J Otolaryngol. 2010;31:309-14 pubmed publisher..The VEGF was expressed to a lesser degree than bFGF in the dexamethasone-treated group. Vascular endothelial growth factor is the more specific and important growth factor than bFGF in the healing of acute TM perforation. ..
- Ko E, Park W, Firth A, Hong D, Choi S, Heo H, et al. Increased sensitivity of serotonin on the voltage-dependent K+ channels in mesenteric arterial smooth muscle cells of OLETF rats. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2010;103:88-94 pubmed publisher..The enhanced expression of 5-HT(2A) receptor together with PKCbeta may promote mesenteric vasoconstriction and increase vascular resistance in OLETF rats. ..
- Choo Y, Lee K, Yoon H, Kim B, Sohn M, Roh J, et al. Dual function of a bee venom serine protease: prophenoloxidase-activating factor in arthropods and fibrin(ogen)olytic enzyme in mammals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10393 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel view of the mechanism of bee venom in which the bee venom serine protease kills target insects via a melanization strategy and exhibits fibrin(ogen)olytic activity. ..
- Kang S, Park E, Joe Y, Seo E, Park M, Seo S, et al. Systemic delivery of TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) elevates levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and prevents type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5638-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TRAIL and TIMP-1 induction may be potential targets to prevent development of T1D. ..
- Lee J, Lee C, Kim T, Lee E, Shin B, Chi S, et al. Self-assembled glycol chitosan nanogels containing palmityl-acylated exendin-4 peptide as a long-acting anti-diabetic inhalation system. J Control Release. 2012;161:728-34 pubmed publisher..control lungs. The authors believe that Ex4-C16 DOCA-GC nanogels offer a long-acting inhalation delivery system for treating type 2 diabetes...
- Kim N, Lee J, Habibi H, Choi C. Molecular cloning and expression of caspase-3 in the protandrous cinnamon clownfish, Amphiprion melanopus, during sex change. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:417-29 pubmed publisher..Also, we demonstrate that GnRH agonists stimulate caspase-3 production which can in turn stimulate apoptosis. The present study provides a framework for better understanding of the role of caspase-3 during sex change processes in fish. ..
- Kim B, Lee K, Wan H, Zou F, Choi Y, Yoon H, et al. Anti-elastolytic activity of a honeybee (Apis cerana) chymotrypsin inhibitor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:144-9 pubmed publisher..05 nM), indicating that it acts as an anti-elastolytic factor. These findings constitute molecular evidence that AcCI acts as a chymotrypsin/elastase inhibitor...
- Cho W, Kang B, Lee J, Jeong J, Che J, Seok S. Comparative absorption, distribution, and excretion of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide nanoparticles after repeated oral administration. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2013;10:9 pubmed publisher..Here, the absorption, distribution, and excretion patterns of titanium dioxide (TiO2) and zinc oxide (ZnO) nanoparticles following oral administration were evaluated...
- Jeong S, Hanh T, Kim H, Lee S, Song I, Noh S, et al. HS-1793, a recently developed resveratrol analogue protects rat heart against hypoxia/reoxygenation injury via attenuating mitochondrial damage. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:4225-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, HS-1793-treated rat heart showed reduced infarct size. Our data suggest that HS-1793 can protect cardiac against mitochondrial damage following H/R, thereby suppressing injury. ..
- Li Y, Himaya S, Kim S. Triterpenoids of marine origin as anti-cancer agents. Molecules. 2013;18:7886-909 pubmed publisher..In this review efforts have been taken to review the structural features and the potential use of triterpenoids of marine origin to be used in the pharmaceutical industry as potential anti-cancer drug leads. ..
- Lee H, Oh E, Kim S, Seo J, Bae Y. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced foam cell formation is mediated by formyl peptide receptor 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1003-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings therefore suggest that oxLDL stimulates macrophages, resulting in chemotactic migration, TNF-? production, and foam cell formation via FPR2 signaling, and thus likely contributes to atherogenesis. ..
- Sohn B, Shim J, Kim S, Jang K, Kim S, Kim J, et al. Inactivation of Hippo Pathway Is Significantly Associated with Poor Prognosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1256-64 pubmed publisher..001). Inactivation of the Hippo pathway in HCC is significantly associated with poor prognosis. ..
- Jang S, Shin Y, Park S, Park J, Lee H, Yoo Y, et al. Autophagic myelin destruction by Schwann cells during Wallerian degeneration and segmental demyelination. Glia. 2016;64:730-42 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that autophagy is the self-myelin destruction mechanism of Schwann cells, but mechanistically, it is a process distinct from Schwann cell plasticity for nerve repair. ..
- Byeon G, Lee K, Gui Z, Kim I, Kang P, Lee S, et al. A digestive beta-glucosidase from the silkworm, Bombyx mori: cDNA cloning, expression and enzymatic characterization. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;141:418-27 pubmed publisher..mori beta-glucosidase is N-glycosylated, but the carbohydrate moieties are not essential for enzyme activity...
- Cuong D, Kim N, Joo H, Youm J, Chung J, Lee Y, et al. Subunit composition of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in mitochondria of rat hearts. Mitochondrion. 2005;5:121-33 pubmed..By contrast, SUR1 was not present in mitochondria. These results suggest that mitoKATP channels in rat hearts might comprise a combination of Kir6.1, Kir6.2, and SUR2 subunits...
- Jung Y, Lee J, Kim Y, Ha H, Oh K, Im G, et al. Promoter activity analysis and methylation characterization of LTR elements of PERVs in NIH miniature pig. Genes Genet Syst. 2013;88:135-42 pubmed..Our findings showed that several transcription factors such as Nkx2-2 and Elk-1 positively influenced the high transcriptional activity of the PERV LTR3 element. ..
- Park S, Nhu L, Cho H, Seo M, Lee C, Ly N, et al. p11 mediates the BDNF-protective effects in dendritic outgrowth and spine formation in B27-deprived primary hippocampal cells. J Affect Disord. 2016;196:1-10 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence to strengthen the theoretical basis of a role for p11 in BDNF-induced antidepressant action. ..
- Kim K, Cho Y, Bang I, Nam Y. Isolation and characterization of the apolipoprotein multigene family in Hemibarbus mylodon (Teleostei: Cypriniformes). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;152:38-46 pubmed publisher..mylodon than in other teleosts and mammals. In addition, our findings showed the multiple isoforms of apoA-I and apoE were differentially modulated across tissues possibly with an isoform-specific role in a given tissue...
- Lee E, Shin M, Yoon S, Moon J. Resveratrol inhibits dimethylnitrosamine-induced hepatic fibrosis in rats. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:925-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, resveratrol exhibited in vivo hepatoprotective and antifibrogenic effects against DMN-induced liver injury, suggesting that resveratrol may be useful in the prevention of the development of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Lee K, Je Y, Woo S, Sohn H, Jin B. Production of a cellulase in silkworm larvae using a recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase and cathepsin genes. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:645-50 pubmed..The recombinant BmNPV lacking both chiA and v-cath can therefore be used for a large-scale production of foreign proteins in silkworms. ..
- Kim Y. Antimelanogenic and antioxidant properties of gallic acid. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1052-5 pubmed..Based on these results, I propose that GA exerts antimelanogenic activity coupled with antioxidant properties by suppressing RS generation and maintaining a higher GSH/GSSG ratio. ..
- Ryu J, Lee J, Choi Y, Lee Y, Choi B. Effects of protein phosphatase inhibitors on the phosphorylation of spinal cord N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors following electroacupuncture stimulation in rats. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:687-91 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that protein phosphatase may play an important role in EA analgesia by modulating the phosphorylation state of spinal NMDAR subunits. ..
- Park J, Shin H, Lee Y, Choi Y, Bae S, Kim C. The mechanism of vasorelaxation induced by Schisandra chinensis extract in rat thoracic aorta. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;121:69-73 pubmed publisher..Taken collectively, these findings suggest that the vascular relaxation evoked by SCHE was mediated by not only endothelium dependent NO pathway but also direct effect on vascular smooth muscle cell via dephosphorylation of MLC. ..
- Park S, Cho M, Park H, Lee K, Lee S, Choi S, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor homologs of anisakis simplex suppress Th2 response in allergic airway inflammation model via CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ T cell recruitment. J Immunol. 2009;182:6907-14 pubmed publisher..Additionally, CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) T cells (regulatory T) were recruited to the spleen and lungs of the rAs-MIF-treated mice, but this recruitment was inhibited by anti-rAs-MIF Ab. ..
- Jeong Y, Jung I, Lee C, Chang J, Chun S, Noh K, et al. The novel role of platelet-activating factor in protecting mice against lipopolysaccharide-induced endotoxic shock. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6503 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PAF may protect mice against endotoxic shock via a complex mechanism involving modulation of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory mediators. ..
- Jiang R, Kim E, Gong J, Kwon H, Kim C, Ryu K, et al. Three pairs of protease-serpin complexes cooperatively regulate the insect innate immune responses. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35652-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate the specific regulatory evidences of innate immune responses by three novel serpins...
- An K, Kim N, Shin H, Kil G, Choi C. Profiles of antioxidant gene expression and physiological changes by thermal and hypoosmotic stresses in black porgy (Acanthopagrus schlegeli). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;156:262-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, thermal and hypoosmotic environments increase oxidative stress, thereby these results may be indicators of oxidative stress in black porgy. ..
- Lee K, Won R, Kim U, Kim G, Chung M, Sohn J, et al. Neuroprotective effects of FK506 against excitotoxicity in organotypic hippocampal slice culture. Neurosci Lett. 2010;474:126-130 pubmed publisher..1 microM FK506. These results suggest that FK506 may have a positive role in protecting neurons against cell death in the KA injury model of OHSCs. ..
- Lee K, Park J, Won R, Lee H, Nam T, Lee B. Inhibition of hexokinase leads to neuroprotection against excitotoxicity in organotypic hippocampal slice culture. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:96-107 pubmed publisher..Blocking the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway using LY294002 reversed the neuroprotective effect of 3-BrPA. These results suggest that inhibition of HK may play a protective role against neuronal death in KA-induced excitotoxic injury. ..
- Park I, Park S, Gil H, Nam Y, Kim D. Anesthetic effects of clove oil and lidocaine-HCl on marine medaka (Oryzias dancena). Lab Anim (NY). 2011;40:45-51 pubmed publisher..Both anesthetic exposure time and recovery time were significantly shorter for smaller fish than for larger fish. These results provide a useful foundation for the laboratory handling of marine medaka. ..
- Kim Y, Kim W, Choi S, Kim D, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Genome sequence of Acinetobacter sp. strain P8-3-8, isolated from Fistularia commersonii in Vietnam. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:4288-9 pubmed publisher..P8-3-8 (3,905,565 bp, with a G+C content of 37.6%) containing 3,621 putative coding sequences. The genome data reveal a high density of genes encoding transcriptional regulators involved in anaerobic respiration. ..
- Park G, Kim Y, Lee H, Song H, Kim S, Cho D, et al. Reactive oxygen species and p38 MAPK regulate Bax translocation and calcium redistribution in salubrinal-induced apoptosis of EBV-transformed B cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;313:235-48 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that salubrinal may be a novel therapeutic approach for EBV-associated malignant diseases. ..
- Kim S, Himaya S. Triterpene glycosides from sea cucumbers and their biological activities. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2012;65:297-319 pubmed publisher..The structural significance and the application limitations of triterpene glycosides are also discussed...
- Hong S, Yum S, Yoo H, Kang S, Yoon J, Min D, et al. Colon-targeted cell-permeable NF?B inhibitory peptide is orally active against experimental colitis. Mol Pharm. 2012;9:1310-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, introduction of cell permeability and colon targetability to NIP may be a feasible strategy for an orally active peptide therapy for treatment of IBD. ..
- Zhao X, Kim S, Park K. Bamboo salt has in vitro anticancer activity in HCT-116 cells and exerts anti-metastatic effects in vivo. J Med Food. 2013;16:9-19 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and anti-metastatic effects of the 1× and 3× bamboo salts were stronger than those of the purified and solar salts...
- Park S, Park S, Park N, Joo W, Lee S, Choi Y. ?-Iso-cubebene exerts neuroprotective effects in amyloid beta stimulated microglia activation. Neurosci Lett. 2013;555:143-8 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report showing that ?-iso-cubebene can provide neuroprotection against, and influence neuroinflammation triggered by, amyloid ? activation of microglia. ..