Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Park S, Choi S, Choe J. Bacillus subtilis HmoB is a heme oxygenase with a novel structure. BMB Rep. 2012;45:239-41 pubmed..Interestingly, the structure of monomeric HmoB resembles the dimeric structure of IsdG family proteins. Hence, B. subtilis HmoB is a heme oxygenase with a novel structural feature. ..
- Hwang I, Kim N, Choi D, Hwang B. Overexpression of Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria effector AvrBsT in Arabidopsis triggers plant cell death, disease and defense responses. Planta. 2012;236:1191-204 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Xcv effector AvrBsT overexpression triggers plant cell death, disease and defense signaling leading to both disease and defense responses to microbial pathogens of different lifestyles...
- Woo D, Han K, Shim J, Yoon B, Kim E, Bae J, et al. TREK-1 and Best1 channels mediate fast and slow glutamate release in astrocytes upon GPCR activation. Cell. 2012;151:25-40 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal two distinct sources of astrocytic glutamate that can differentially influence neighboring neurons. ..
- Yun J, Ko S, Lee C, Cheong H, Cheong C, Yoon J, et al. Solution structure and Rpn1 interaction of the UBL domain of human RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain phosphatase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62981 pubmed publisher..The positively charged residues of the ?3-?2 loop are involved in interacting with the C-terminal leucine-rich repeat-like domain of Rpn1. ..
- Ko E, Yang K, Shin J, Cho S. Polydopamine-assisted osteoinductive peptide immobilization of polymer scaffolds for enhanced bone regeneration by human adipose-derived stem cells. Biomacromolecules. 2013;14:3202-13 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study demonstrating that pDA-mediated surface modification of polymer scaffolds potentiates the regenerative capacity of human stem cells for healing tissue defect in vivo. ..
- Jeon D, Oh K, Oh B, Nam D, Kim C, Park H, et al. Porcine PD-L1: cloning, characterization, and implications during xenotransplantation. Xenotransplantation. 2007;14:236-42 pubmed..The authors suggest that PD-1-PD-L1 might play an important endogenous immune regulatory role during xenogeneic transplantation, and that the effective application of this system would improve transplanted xenogeneic organ survival. ..
- Lee C, Koo K, Park Y, Lee J, Rhee S, Ku Y, et al. Biomimetic surface modification using synthetic oligopeptides for enhanced guided bone regeneration in beagles. J Periodontol. 2012;83:101-10 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the ability of BBM coated with oligopeptide to promote periodontal regeneration in a 1-wall intrabony defect model in dogs...
- Kim J, Park H, Yum D, Hahm B, Bai D, Yu J. Nucleotide sequence of the pectate lyase gene from alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. YA-14. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1994;58:947-9 pubmed..The signal peptide was composed of 21 amino acid residues. In the deduced primary structure of this enzyme, the three conserved regions of several pectate lyases were found and showed high homologies. ..
- Lee Y, Min S, Gim B, Kim Y. A transcriptional mediator protein that is required for activation of many RNA polymerase II promoters and is conserved from yeast to humans. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4622-32 pubmed..A database search revealed the existence of MED6-related genes in humans and Caenorhabditis elegans, suggesting that the role of mediator in transcriptional activation is conserved throughout the evolution. ..
- Park S, Koh S, Chun J, Hwang H, Kang H. Nrg1 is a transcriptional repressor for glucose repression of STA1 gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2044-50 pubmed..These findings indicate that Nrg1 acts as a DNA-binding repressor and mediates glucose repression of the STA1 gene expression by recruiting the Ssn6-Tup1 complex. ..
- Hahn B, Cho S, Wu S, Chang I, Baek K, Kim Y, et al. Purification and characterization of a serine protease with fibrinolytic activity from Tenodera sinensis (praying mantis). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1430:376-86 pubmed..MEF preferentially cleaved the oxidized B-chain of insulin between Leu15 and Tyr16. D-Dimer concentrations increased on incubation of cross-linked fibrin with MEF, indicating the enzyme has a strong fibrinolytic activity...
- Kim B, Lee Y, Lee H, Lee D, Choe E, Pyun Y. Cloning, expression and characterization of L-arabinose isomerase from Thermotoga neapolitana: bioconversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose using the enzyme. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;212:121-6 pubmed..A 68% conversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose was obtained using the recombinant enzyme at the isomerization temperature of 80 degrees C. ..
- Ko J, Lee Y, Hwang S, Lee Y, Shin S, Hwang J, et al. Identification and differential expression of novel human cervical cancer oncogene HCCR-2 in human cancers and its involvement in p53 stabilization. Oncogene. 2003;22:4679-89 pubmed..These results indicate that HCCR-2 probably represents a new oncogene that is related to tumorigenesis, functioning as a negative regulator of the p53 tumor suppressor. ..
- Hur E, Son M, Lee O, Choi Y, Park C, Lee H, et al. LIME, a novel transmembrane adaptor protein, associates with p56lck and mediates T cell activation. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1463-73 pubmed..Our data collectively show that LIME is a raft-associated transmembrane adaptor protein linking TCR stimuli to downstream signaling pathways via associations with Lck. ..
- Huh J, Lee H, Choi M, Yang S, Yoon S, Kim D, et al. Identification of a UDP-glucose-binding site of human UDP-glucose dehydrogenase by photoaffinity labeling and cassette mutagenesis. Bioconjug Chem. 2005;16:710-6 pubmed..No incorporation of [(32)P]5N(3)UDP-glucose was also observed for the mutants. These results indicate that C276 plays an important role for efficient binding of UDP-glucose to hUGDH. ..
- Do H, Song H, Yang H, Kim D, Kim N, Kim J, et al. Identification of multiple nuclear localization signals in murine Elf3, an ETS transcription factor. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1865-71 pubmed..Taken together, mElf3 contains multiple NLS motifs, which may function cooperatively to effect efficient nuclear transport. ..
- Kim H, Kim S, Shim S, Park E, Kim C, Kim K, et al. Drosophila homolog of APP-BP1 (dAPP-BP1) interacts antagonistically with APPL during Drosophila development. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:103-15 pubmed..APPL overexpression is shown to inhibit the NEDD8 conjugation pathway. APPL-induced apoptosis is rescued by overexpression of dAPP-BP1. Our data suggest that APPL and dAPP-BP1 interact antagonistically during Drosophila development. ..
- Kim J, Kim B, Park Y, Ko J, Lim C, Lim J, et al. Characterization of flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1471-7 pubmed..These results indicate that AtGT-2 encodes a flavonoid 7-O-glucosyltransferase. ..
- Park S, Yu J, Park J, Li J, Yoo S, Lee N, et al. The senescence-induced staygreen protein regulates chlorophyll degradation. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1649-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that in senescing leaves, Sgr regulates Chl degradation by inducing LHCPII disassembly through direct interaction, leading to the degradation of Chls and Chl-free LHCPII by catabolic enzymes and proteases, respectively...
- Cho G, Shin S, Kim H, Ha S, Kim S, Yoon J, et al. HCCR-1, a novel oncogene, encodes a mitochondrial outer membrane protein and suppresses the UVC-induced apoptosis. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:50 pubmed
- Lee J, Gwak K, Kim S, Kim M, Choi D, Choi I. Characterization of xylanase from Lentinus edodes M290 cultured on waste mushroom logs. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;17:1811-7 pubmed..This protein showed low homology to a previously reported L. edodes xylanase sequence. ..
- Jun H, Kang Y, Lee H, Lee S, Choi B. Highly conserved surface proteins of oral spirochetes as adhesins and potent inducers of proinflammatory and osteoclastogenic factors. Infect Immun. 2008;76:2428-38 pubmed publisher..The coexistence of various Treponema species in a single periodontal pocket and, therefore, the accumulation of multiple Tp92 homologs may amplify the pathological effect in periodontitis. ..
- Yoon R, Yeom S, Kim H, Oh D. Novel substrates of a ribose-5-phosphate isomerase from Clostridium thermocellum. J Biotechnol. 2009;139:26-32 pubmed publisher..Ribose 5-phosphate isomerase catalyzed the conversion of L-talose to L-tagatose with an 89% conversion yield after approximately 90 min, while D-ribulose was converted to D-ribose with a 38% conversion yield. ..
- Koo B, Park M, Jeon O, Kim D. Regulatory mechanism of matrix metalloprotease-2 enzymatic activity by factor Xa and thrombin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23375-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, factor Xa and thrombin regulate MMP-2 enzymatic activity through its activation and degradation. Thus, the net enzymatic activity results from a balance between MMP-2 activation and degradation. ..
- Hwang D, Lee J, Lee K, Rhee J, Han J, Lee J, et al. Cloning and expression of ecdysone receptor (EcR) from the intertidal copepod, Tigriopus japonicus. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;151:303-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, bisphenol A (100microg/L) repressed TJ-EcR expression. Our results suggest that TJ-EcR could be a biomarker for the monitoring of the impact of environmental stressors in copepods. ..
- Kim J, Jung Y, Joo M, Kim J, Yim H, Park J, et al. Hepatitis B viral surface mutations in patients with adefovir resistant chronic hepatitis B with A181T/V polymerase mutations. J Korean Med Sci. 2010;25:257-64 pubmed publisher..Although sW172stop and sL173F mutations were detected, reduced HBsAg titer was not observed. Further study of these mutations and their clinical implications are needed...
- Jung J, Kim J, Yeom S, Ahn Y, Oh D, Kang L. Crystal structure of Clostridium thermocellum ribose-5-phosphate isomerase B reveals properties critical for fast enzyme kinetics. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;90:517-27 pubmed publisher..We found that tight interactions between the two monomers, narrow SBP width, and the residues near the catalytic residue are all critical for the fast enzyme kinetics of CtRpi. ..
- Yeom S, Seo E, Oh S, Kim K, Choi D. A common plant cell-wall protein HyPRP1 has dual roles as a positive regulator of cell death and a negative regulator of basal defense against pathogens. Plant J. 2012;69:755-68 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that a common plant cell-wall structural protein, HyPRP1, performs distinct dual roles in positive regulation of cell death and negative regulation of basal defense against pathogen...
- Nair P, Choi J. Modulation in the mRNA expression of ecdysone receptor gene in aquatic midge, Chironomus riparius upon exposure to nonylphenol and silver nanoparticles. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:98-106 pubmed publisher..These finding shows that nonylphenol as well as AgNPs could modulate the ecdysone nuclear receptor and may have significant implications in different developmental stages in C. riparius. ..
- Shin E, Shin H, Nam E, Kim W, Kim J, Oh B, et al. DeSUMOylating isopeptidase: a second class of SUMO protease. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:339-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the SENP substrates PML and ?Np63 are not deSUMOylated by DeSI-1, suggesting that SENP and DeSI enzymes recognize different sets of substrates. Together, these data identify a second class of SUMO proteases...
- Kim T, Yun T, Rengaraj D, Lee S, Lim S, Seo H, et al. Conserved functional characteristics of the PIWI family members in chicken germ cell lineage. Theriogenology. 2012;78:1948-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, the CIWI and CILI proteins of the PIWI family are conserved in avian species and play a critical role in germ line development and gametogenesis. ..
- Singh A, Permar V, Jain R, Goswami S, Kumar R, Canto T, et al. Induction of cell death by tospoviral protein NSs and the motif critical for cell death does not control RNA silencing suppression activity. Virology. 2017;508:108-117 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose dual roles of NSs in RNA silencing suppression and induction of cell death, controlled by different motifs. ..
- Shim Y, Jang Y, Lim M, Lee J, Seong R, Hong S, et al. Rdp1, a novel zinc finger protein, regulates the DNA damage response of rhp51(+) from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8958-68 pubmed..Furthermore, the DNA damage-dependent expression of rhp51(+) was significantly reduced in checkpoint mutants, raising the possibility that Rdp1 may mediate damage checkpoint-dependent transcription of rhp51(+). ..
- Lee S, Kim Y, Hwang B. A pathogen-induced chitin-binding protein gene from pepper: its isolation and differential expression in pepper tissues treated with pathogens, ethephon, methyl jasmonate or wounding. Plant Cell Physiol. 2001;42:1321-30 pubmed..These data suggest that ethylene and jasmonate may act as signal molecules in the signal transduction pathways of the CBP gene induction during the pepper defense- or pathogenesis-related plant responses. ..
- Song E, Yim S, Kim E, Kim N, Lee K. Human Fas-associated factor 1, interacting with ubiquitinated proteins and valosin-containing protein, is involved in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2511-24 pubmed..We hypothesize that hFAF1 may serve as a scaffolding protein that regulates protein degradation in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Kim M, Hahn M, Cho Y, Cho S, Roe J. Positive and negative feedback regulatory loops of thiol-oxidative stress response mediated by an unstable isoform of sigmaR in actinomycetes. Mol Microbiol. 2009;73:815-25 pubmed publisher..We observed that sigH gene, the sigR orthologue in Mycobacterium smegmatis, produces an unstable larger isoform of sigma(H) upon induction by thiol-oxidative stress...
- Yoo S, Seol J, Shin D, Rohrwild M, Kang M, Tanaka K, et al. Purification and characterization of the heat shock proteins HslV and HslU that form a new ATP-dependent protease in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14035-40 pubmed..Therefore ATP appears necessary for oligomerization of HslU. Thus the HslVU protease appears to be a two-component protease in which HslV harbors the peptidase activity, while HslU provides an essential ATPase activity...
- Park E, Kim J, Seong R, Kim C, Park S, Hong S. Characterization of a novel mouse cDNA, ES18, involved in apoptotic cell death of T-cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:1524-30 pubmed..We further showed that transient overexpression of ES18 in mouse T-cell lymphoma increased the apoptotic cell death. These data suggest that ES18 may be selectively involved in specific apoptotic processes in mouse T-cells. ..
- Do H, Hong J, Jung H, Kim S, Ham J, Hwang B. Expression of peroxidase-like genes, H2O2 production, and peroxidase activity during the hypersensitive response to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria in Capsicum annuum. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:196-205 pubmed
- Kim H, Park H, Heu S, Jung J. Molecular and functional characterization of a unique sucrose hydrolase from Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. glycines. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:411-8 pubmed..Recombinant SUH, overproduced in Escherichia coli and purified, was shown to have the same enzymatic characteristics in terms of kinetic parameters. ..
- Kang S, Yi K, Kwon N, Park K, Kim U, Baek K, et al. Alpha1B-adrenoceptor signaling and cell motility: GTPase function of Gh/transglutaminase 2 inhibits cell migration through interaction with cytoplasmic tail of integrin alpha subunits. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36593-600 pubmed..These results provide evidence that G(h) function initiates the modulation of cell motility via association of GTP-bound G(h)/TG2 with the GFFKR motif located in integrin alpha subunits. ..
- Lee B, Kwon S, Kim S, Kim K, Park C, Kim Y, et al. Functional study of hot pepper 26S proteasome subunit RPN7 induced by Tobacco mosaic virus from nuclear proteome analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:405-11 pubmed..Thus, this report presents that the TMV-induced CaRPN7 may be involved in programmed cell death (PCD) in the hot pepper plant. ..
- Kim S, Kee H, Choe N, Kim J, Kook H, Kook H, et al. The histone methyltransferase activity of WHISTLE is important for the induction of apoptosis and HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repression. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:975-83 pubmed..Our results suggest that HMTase WHISTLE induces apoptosis in an HMTase activity-dependent manner and represses transcription of target genes through HDAC1 recruitment. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Park C. A membrane-associated NAC transcription factor regulates salt-responsive flowering via FLOWERING LOCUS T in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2007;226:647-54 pubmed..Furthermore, FT was significantly repressed by high salt. We therefore propose that NTL8 mediates salt-responsive flowering via FT in Arabidopsis. ..
- Koh S, Lee S, Kim M, Koh J, Lee S, An G, et al. T-DNA tagged knockout mutation of rice OsGSK1, an orthologue of Arabidopsis BIN2, with enhanced tolerance to various abiotic stresses. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;65:453-66 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that stress-responsive OsGSK1 may have physiological roles in stress signal-transduction pathways and floral developmental processes. ..
- Moon M, Oh D, Moon J, Kim D, Hwang J, Lee J, et al. Cloning and activation of the bullfrog apelin receptor: Gi/o coupling and high affinity for [Pro1]apelin-13. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;277:51-60 pubmed..Collectively, this study expands our understanding of the physiological roles of this receptor system in non-mammalian species. ..
- Lee S, Lee J, Maeng Y, Kim Y, Kwon Y. Langerhans cell protein 1 (LCP1) binds to PNUTS in the nucleus: implications for this complex in transcriptional regulation. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:189-200 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the coordinated spatial and temporal regulation of LCP1 and PNUTS may be a novel mechanism to control the expression of genes that are critical for certain physiological and pathological processes. ..
- Lee J, Ko Y, Kim S, Bahn Y. Multiple roles of Ypd1 phosphotransfer protein in viability, stress response, and virulence factor regulation in Cryptococcus neoformans. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:998-1002 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Ypd1 is required for the viability of C. neoformans via the Hog1 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway but plays multiple cellular roles in both a Hog1-dependent and -independent manner. ..
- Kang H, Kim O, Min S, Jung S, Jang D, Kwon T, et al. The effect of the DLTIDDSYWYRI motif of the human laminin α2 chain on implant osseointegration. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4027-4037 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that the DLTIDDSYWYRI motif acts as an effective osseointegration accelerator by enhancing new bone formation. ..
- Yu S, Hwang I, Rhee S. Crystal structure of the effector protein XOO4466 from Xanthomonas oryzae. J Struct Biol. 2013;184:361-6 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these structural features, a functional assay indicated that XOO4466 does not exhibit NH activity and possibly catalyzes yet unknown reactions. ..
- Shin S, Bang S, Kim H. A Novel Hemoglobin Variant Associated with Congenital Erythrocytosis: Hb Seoul [?86(F2)Ala?Thr] (HBB:c.259G>A). Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:312-4 pubmed..86(F2) is a critical residue that affects the oxygen affinity. The novel variant in our patient, Hb Seoul, adds to the previously reported 4 other Hb variants from ?86(F2) substitutions that cause congenital erythrocytosis. ..
- Kim S, Lee S, Park H, Kang T, Sagong B, Baek J, et al. Genetic association of MYH genes with hereditary hearing loss in Korea. Gene. 2016;591:177-182 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the link between the genotype and development of ADNSHL and contributes to the establishment of Korean database for hereditary hearing loss. ..
- Ahn C, Byun J, Yim J. Purification, cloning, and functional expression of dihydroneopterin triphosphate 2'-epimerase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15323-8 pubmed..It showed no homology with the sequences of isomerases or other enzymes in GenBank/EMBL data bases. ..
- Kang M, Lim B, Seong I, Seol J, Tanahashi N, Tanaka K, et al. The ATP-dependent CodWX (HslVU) protease in Bacillus subtilis is an N-terminal serine protease. EMBO J. 2001;20:734-42 pubmed..These results indicate that CodWX in B.subtilis represents the first N-terminal serine protease among all known proteolytic enzymes. ..
- Park J, Park C, Lee S, Ham B, Shin R, Paek K. Overexpression of the tobacco Tsi1 gene encoding an EREBP/AP2-type transcription factor enhances resistance against pathogen attack and osmotic stress in tobacco. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1035-46 pubmed..These results suggest that Tsi1 might be involved as a positive trans-acting factor in two separate signal transduction pathways under abiotic and biotic stress. ..
- Kim Y, Chung H, Baek K. WD-40 repeat containing rat lethal giant larvae recessive oncogene, but not m-tomosyn, restores the salt sensitivity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:229-33 pubmed..Functional analysis showed that the expression of the rgl-1 cDNA, but not m-tomosyn, restored partially salt sensitivity in yeast, indicating that rgl-1 is a homologue of lgl family members. ..
- Shin I, Kim H, Nam M, Youn H. Studies of cocktail therapy with multiple cytokines for neoplasia or infectious disease of the dog I. cDNA cloning of canine IL-3 and IL-6. J Vet Sci. 2001;2:115-20 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence of canine IL-6 shares 60.4, 77.2, 71.0, 55.8 and 42.0% sequence identity with those of human, feline, porcine, sheep and rat IL-6, respectively. ..
- Kwon C, Chung I. Interaction of an Arabidopsis RNA-binding protein with plant single-stranded telomeric DNA modulates telomerase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12812-8 pubmed..The evidence presented here suggests that STEP1 is a telomere-end binding protein that may contribute to telomere length regulation by capping the ends of chromosomes and thereby repressing telomerase activity in plants. ..
- Jung M, Moon Y, Cho I, Yeh J, Kim S, Chang W, et al. Induction of castration by immunization of male dogs with recombinant gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-canine distemper virus (CDV) T helper cell epitope p35. J Vet Sci. 2005;6:21-4 pubmed..This study also implies a potential application of GnRH-based vaccines for immunocastration of male pets. ..
- Kim T, Hwang J, Kim Y, Joo S, Chang S, Lee J, et al. Arabidopsis CYP85A2, a cytochrome P450, mediates the Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of castasterone to brassinolide in brassinosteroid biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2397-412 pubmed..Mutant studies also revealed that BL may not always be necessary for normal growth and development but that Arabidopsis plants acquire great benefit in terms of growth and development in the presence of BL. ..
- Lee H, Moon S, Ryu H, Kim Y, Cho S, Chung G, et al. Usefulness of the recombinant liver stage antigen-3 for an early serodiagnosis of Plasmodium falciparum infection. Korean J Parasitol. 2006;44:49-54 pubmed..0%), in which blood stage antigens were not detected. These results indicate that the LSA-3 is a useful antigen for an early serodiagnosis of P. falciparum infection. ..
- Hong J, Choi H, Hwang I, Hwang B. Role of a novel pathogen-induced pepper C3-H-C4 type RING-finger protein gene, CaRFPI, in disease susceptibility and osmotic stress tolerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;63:571-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the CaRFP1 gene functions as an early defense regulator controlling bacterial disease susceptibility and osmotic stress tolerance...
- Jung E, Kim K, Bae C, Kim J, Kim D, Kim H. A mushroom lectin from ascomycete Cordyceps militaris. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1770:833-8 pubmed..However, the N-terminal amino acid sequence of CML differs greatly from those of other lectins. CML exhibits mitogenic activity against mouse splenocytes. ..
- Kim J, Lee A, Kawasaki I, Strome S, Shim Y. A mutation of cdc-25.1 causes defects in germ cells but not in somatic tissues in C. elegans. Mol Cells. 2009;28:43-8 pubmed publisher..1 is expressed predominantly, if not exclusively, in the germ line during postembryonic stages. Our findings indicate that the function of cdc-25.1 is unique in the germ line but likely redundant with other members in the soma. ..
- Bae S, Kim J, Kim T, Yong T, Park S. Giardia lamblia: immunogenicity and intracellular distribution of GHSP-115, a member of the Giardia head-stalk family of proteins. Exp Parasitol. 2009;122:11-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GHSP115 is an abundant and antigenic protein, which is differentially localized during life cycle of G. lamblia. ..
- Baek J, Lee S. Identification and characterization of venom proteins of two solitary wasps, Eumenes pomiformis and Orancistrocerus drewseni. Toxicon. 2010;56:554-62 pubmed publisher..It seemed that some venom proteins are secreted into venom fluid from venom gland cells via exosomes, not by signal sequence-mediated transport processes. ..
- Wei C, Lee E, Jeon J, Heo Y, Kim S, Jeon Y, et al. Structural mechanism of the antigen recognition by the L1 cell adhesion molecule antibody A10-A3. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:153-8 pubmed publisher..The data presented here should contribute to the design of high-affinity antibody for therapeutic purposes as well as to the understanding of neural cell remodeling and cancer progression mechanism mediated by L1CAM. ..
- Hong H, Song E, Oh E, Kabir M, Lee C, Yoo Y. Endothelin-1- and isoproterenol-induced differential protein expression and signaling pathway in HL-1 cardiomyocytes. Proteomics. 2011;11:283-97 pubmed publisher..We found that these two agonists brought about different changes in the protein expression of HL-1 cardiomyocytes through distinct signaling pathways even though the destination of the two signaling pathways was the same...
- Goh J, Kim K, Park J, Jeon J, Park S, Lee Y. The cell cycle gene MoCDC15 regulates hyphal growth, asexual development and plant infection in the rice blast pathogen Magnaporthe oryzae. Fungal Genet Biol. 2011;48:784-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that MoCDC15 functions as a coordinator of several biological processes important for pathogenic development in M. oryzae. ..
- Cho S, Ahn K, Kim D, Zheng Z, Cho S, Kang S, et al. Identification of HnRNP-A2/B1 as a target antigen of anti-endothelial cell IgA antibody in Behçet's disease. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:601-8 pubmed publisher..JID JOURNAL CLUB ARTICLE: For questions, answers, and open discussion about this article, please go to http://www.nature.com/jid/journalclub. ..
- Ganguly A, Lee S, Cho H. Functional identification of the phosphorylation sites of Arabidopsis PIN-FORMED3 for its subcellular localization and biological role. Plant J. 2012;71:810-23 pubmed publisher..Because the defective intracellular trafficking behaviors of phospho-mutated PIN3 varied according to cell type, phosphorylation codes in PIN3-HL are likely to operate in a cell-type-specific manner. ..
- Kim M, Jeong J, Jeong J, Shin D, Lee K. Structure of Nm23-H1 under oxidative conditions. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:669-80 pubmed publisher..These findings broaden the understanding of the complicated enzyme-regulatory mechanisms that operate under oxidative conditions. ..
- Jung S, Lee J, Chae H, Seong J, Park Y, Park Z, et al. Identification of a novel insect neuropeptide, CNMa and its receptor. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2037-41 pubmed publisher..Although CNMa is conserved in most arthropods, Lepidoptera lack the CNMa gene. However, they retain the CNMaR gene. Bombyx CNMaR showed low sensitivity to Drosophila CNMa, hinting toward the existence of additional CNMaR ligand(s). ..
- Im H, Kim H, An D, Jang J, Kim J, Yoon H, et al. Crystal structure of Rv2258c from Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv, an S-adenosyl-l-methionine-dependent methyltransferase. J Struct Biol. 2016;193:172-180 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. However, the ligand-binding specificity and the biological role of Rv2258c remain to be elucidated due to high variability of the amino acid residues defining the substrate-binding site. ..
- Tao Y, Fang P, Kim S, Guo M, Young N, Marshall A. Mapping the contact surfaces in the Lamin A:AIMP3 complex by hydrogen/deuterium exchange FT-ICR mass spectrometry. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181869 pubmed publisher..LmnA binds AIMP3 via its extreme C-terminus. Together these findings provide a structural insight for understanding the interaction between AIMP3 and LmnA in AIMP3 degradation. ..
- Yoon K, Pack M. Nucleotide sequence of the Zymomonas mobilis alcohol dehydrogenase II gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:187 pubmed
- Baek S, Choi K, Yoo Y, Cho J, Baker R, Tanaka K, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel ubiquitin-specific protease, UBP41, with isopeptidase activity in chick skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25560-5 pubmed
- Hur J, Kim S, Kim H, Cha S, Lee M, Suk K. Induction of caspase-11 by inflammatory stimuli in rat astrocytes: lipopolysaccharide induction through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2001;507:157-62 pubmed..Inflammatory induction of caspase-11 in astrocytes may play an important role in both inflammatory responses involving these cells and auto-regulatory apoptosis of activated astrocytes in inflammatory sites. ..
- Bahn S, Lee H, Kim H, Ryu S, Shin J. Characterization of Arabidopsis secretory phospholipase A2-gamma cDNA and its enzymatic properties. FEBS Lett. 2003;553:113-8 pubmed..AtsPLA(2)-gamma was found to predominate in the mature flower rather than in other tissues, and subcellular localization analysis confirmed that AtsPLA(2)-gamma is secreted into the intercellular space. ..
- Lee I, Kim K, Kim H, Lee J, Ryu C, Chun H, et al. MAP, a protein interacting with a tumor suppressor, merlin, through the run domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:774-83 pubmed..In addition, merlin and MAP synergistically reduced the colony formation of NIH3T3 cells. These results suggest that MAP may play a cooperative role in the merlin-mediated growth suppression of cells. ..
- Kim H, Lee J, Kim J. Erk phosphorylates threonine 42 residue of ribosomal protein S3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:110-5 pubmed..Taken together, rpS3 appears to be phosphorylated by activated Erk in proliferating cells, resulting in the decreased interaction between two proteins. ..
- Lee K, Lee D, Park Y, Kang D, Shin S, Hahm K, et al. Interactions between the plasma membrane and the antimicrobial peptide HP (2-20) and its analogues derived from Helicobacter pylori. Biochem J. 2006;394:105-14 pubmed publisher..Because anal-3 shows high selectivity towards bacterial and fungal cells, it may provide an avenue for the development of new antibiotics...
- Jeong K, Lee H, Lee J, Lee J, Lee I, Ree H, et al. Immunoglobulin E binding reactivity of a recombinant allergen homologous to alpha-Tubulin from Tyrophagus putrescentiae. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005;12:1451-4 pubmed..The frequency of immunoglobulin E reactivity of this recombinant protein is 29.3% in sera from storage mite-allergic subjects...
- Kim H, Hyun E, Kim Y, Lee Y, Oh D. Characterization of an Agrobacterium tumefaciens D-psicose 3-epimerase that converts D-fructose to D-psicose. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:981-5 pubmed..The equilibrium ratio between D-psicose and D-fructose was 32:68 at 30 degrees C. D-Psicose was produced at 230 g/liter from 700-g/liter D-fructose at 50 degrees C after 100 min, corresponding to a conversion yield of 32.9%. ..
- Ji J, Yang H, Kim S. Analysis of cag-8: a novel poly(Q)-encoding gene in the mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:1254-60 pubmed..The cag-8 protein was localized in the cytosol and in granular bodies within the nucleus. These findings indicate that cag-8 is a novel poly(Q)-encoding gene, the expression of which is confined primarily to the brain. ..