Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Seoul, South Korea
Locale: Seoul, South Korea
Publications1222 found, 100 shown here
- Song J, Oh S, Kim M, Chung J, Lim Y, Kim B, et al. Endovascular treatment of ruptured blood blister-like aneurysms with multiple (â‰¥3) overlapping Enterprise stents and coiling. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2016;158:803-809 pubmed publisher..Additional experience and follow-up are needed in a larger series to state the long-term efficacy of this treatment. ..
- Ha K, Kim Y. Postoperative spondylitis after posterior lumbar interbody fusion using cages. Eur Spine J. 2004;13:419-24 pubmed..7 mm (range 4-46 mm) and 5.6 degrees (range 0-15 degrees ), respectively. Anterior radical debridement with the removal of all implants would be an effective way to manage patients with postoperative spondylitis after a PLIF using cages...
- Shim C, Jung I, Bhandari S, Ryu C, Hong S, Kim J, et al. Management of malignant strictures of the cervical esophagus with a newly-designed self-expanding metal stent. Endoscopy. 2004;36:554-7 pubmed..All of the patients experienced rapid improvement in dysphagia and clinical symptoms. The newly designed self-expanding stent can be of value in the treatment of stenotic cervical esophageal cancer. ..
- Kwon M, Shim W, Kim M, Gwak M, Hahm T, Kim G, et al. A correlation between low back pain and associated factors: a study involving 772 patients who had undergone general physical examination. J Korean Med Sci. 2006;21:1086-91 pubmed..The level of education was associated with the development of low back pain. However, regular exercise 3-4 times per week or more would be most effective in reducing the incidence and duration of low back pain. ..
- Lee J, Lee K, Nam J, Ryu S, Bae D, Park J, et al. Prognostic factors in FIGO stage IB-IIA small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated surgically: results of a multi-center retrospective Korean study. Ann Oncol. 2008;19:321-6 pubmed..To determine the clinical and pathologic prognostic factors in surgically treated patients with International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) stage IB-IIA small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix (SCNEC)...
- Kim H, Kim M, Chung H, Kim J, Park N, Song Y, et al. Genetic polymorphisms affecting clinical outcomes in epithelial ovarian cancer patients treated with taxanes and platinum compounds: a Korean population-based study. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;113:264-9 pubmed publisher..However, large-scale, prospective clinical studies are required for evaluating the role of genetic polymorphisms. ..
- Park Y, Chang J, Park Y, Kim D. Recurrence rates after neuroendoscopic fenestration and Gamma Knife surgery in comparison with subtotal resection and Gamma Knife surgery for the treatment of cystic craniopharyngiomas. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:1360-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a generalized multimodal approach including endoscopic fenestration in addition to GKS is hindered by higher recurrence rates. ..
- Jang Y, Kim K, Jeong W, Shin Y, Song G, Hwang S, et al. Influence of preoperative portal hypertension and graft size on portal blood flow velocity in recipient after living donor liver transplantation with right-lobe graft. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194:W165-70 pubmed publisher..791, p = 0.014). Depending on the severity of preoperative portal hypertension and graft size, recipient portal blood flow velocity has a wide range in the days immediately after right-lobe living donor liver transplantation. ..
- Yun I, Lee J, Rah D, Lee W. Perineal reconstruction using a bilobed pudendal artery perforator flap. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;118:313-6 pubmed publisher..This bilobed flap design could improve the arc of flap rotation and the mobility of the flap so it could cover wide and deep defects. Moreover, it could preserve the characteristics of each triangle...
- Lim T, Lee J, Lee D, Lee H, Han B, Baek K, et al. Phase I trial of capecitabine plus everolimus (RAD001) in patients with previously treated metastatic gastric cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;68:255-62 pubmed publisher..The recommended dose of capecitabine and everolimus was 650 mg/m(2) twice daily and 5 mg twice daily, respectively. ..
- Yoon H, Koom W, Lee I, Jeong K, Chung Y, Kim J, et al. The significance of ICG-R15 in predicting hepatic toxicity in patients receiving radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. Liver Int. 2012;32:1165-71 pubmed publisher..0001). These results suggest that pre-RT ICG-R15 could be a useful factor in predicting radiation hepatotoxicity in HCC patients treated with RT. ..
- Lee E, Kim D, Kim K, Kim K, Choi H, Rhee Y, et al. Age-related bone mineral density patterns in Koreans (KNHANES IV). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:3310-8 pubmed publisher..There was an accelerated bone loss at the femur in both sexes during early adulthood and more than 60% of the bone loss before age 50 yr occurred during this period. ..
- Cha Y, Youk J, Kim B, Jung W, Cho N. Lymphangiogenesis in Breast Cancer Correlates with Matrix Stiffness on Shear-Wave Elastography. Yonsei Med J. 2016;57:599-605 pubmed publisher..In multivariate regression analysis, microlymphatic density was correlated with mean elasticity value. In breast cancer, tumor stiffness correlates with lymphangiogenesis and poor prognostic factors. ..
- Schulman Marcus J, Hartaigh B, Gransar H, Lin F, Valenti V, Cho I, et al. Sex-Specific Associations Between Coronary Artery Plaque Extent and Risk of Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events: The CONFIRM Long-Term Registry. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:364-372 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to examine sex-specific associations, if any, between per-vessel coronary artery disease (CAD) extent and the risk of major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) over a 5-year study duration...
- Hong Y, Chang U, Kim Y, Jung E, Suh H. Dietary galacto-oligosaccharides improve skin health: a randomized double blind clinical trial. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:613-618 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings support that oral treatment with GOS is beneficial to the skin and present the possibility of new nutritional strategies for skin care. ..
- Shin Y, Yu C, Park J, Kim J, Lim S, Park I, et al. Total Mesorectal Excision Versus Local Excision After Favorable Response to Preoperative Chemoradiotherapy in "Early" Clinical T3 Rectal Cancer: A Propensity Score Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:136-144 pubmed publisher..Because most of the matched cohort consisted of good responders to PCRT, the present results should be applied to a limited population. ..
- Cheon J, Kim C, Lee E, Hong S, Cho Y, Shin E, et al. Survey of incidence of urological cancer in South Korea: a 15-year summary. Int J Urol. 2002;9:445-54 pubmed..Moreover, these results may be useful in indicating directions for future research of urological cancer. ..
- Min Y, Cheong J, Lee M, Kim J, Lee S, Hahn J, et al. Elevated S-phase kinase-associated protein 2 protein expression in acute myelogenous leukemia: its association with constitutive phosphorylation of phosphatase and tensin homologue protein and poor prognosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5123-30 pubmed..The presence of a positive correlation between Skp2 and phosphorylated PTEN suggests that an aberration in the PTEN/Skp2 signaling pathway might be operating in AML. ..
- Kim E, Jung J, Cha I, Kum K, Lee S. Evaluation of the prognosis and causes of failure in 182 cases of autogenous tooth transplantation. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005;100:112-9 pubmed..This study showed a 4.5% failure rate during the short to intermediate observation period. Autotransplantation is a very useful method for replacing missing teeth, provided that the extraoral time and other factors are well controlled. ..
- An J, Heo J, Noh J, Sohn T, Nam S, Choi S, et al. Primary malignant retroperitoneal tumors: analysis of a single institutional experience. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2007;33:376-82 pubmed..Because complete resection was shown to be the most important prognostic factor, an aggressive and careful surgical approach is recommended for the treatment of such tumors. ..
- Byeon S, Lee S, Oh H, Kim S, Koh H, Kwon O. Incidence and clinical patterns of polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy in Korean patients. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2008;52:57-62 pubmed publisher..The incidence of PCV in Korean exudative AMD patients was relatively high compared with that in other ethnic groups. As in other Asian patient populations, PCV occurred more commonly in men and was predominantly unilateral. ..
- Choi D, Lim J, Choi D, Paik S, Kim S, Huh S. Toxocariasis and ingestion of raw cow liver in patients with eosinophilia. Korean J Parasitol. 2008;46:139-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, it is proposed that raw cow liver is a significant infection source of toxocariasis in the patients with eosinophilia of unknown etiology. ..
- Lee J, Park Y, Choi J. The epidemiology of appendicitis and appendectomy in South Korea: national registry data. J Epidemiol. 2010;20:97-105 pubmed..Incidental appendectomy may have greater preventive value in Koreans. ..
- Koh Y, Kim I, Yoon S, Kim B, Kim D, Lee J, et al. Phase IV study evaluating efficacy of escalated dose of imatinib in chronic myeloid leukemia patients showing suboptimal response to standard dose imatinib. Ann Hematol. 2010;89:725-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, escalated dose imatinib shows considerable efficacy with tolerable toxicity in CML patients showing suboptimal response to standard dose imatinib. EMR is an early predictive marker for positive imatinib response. ..
- Youk J, Kim E, Kwak J, Son E. Atypical papilloma diagnosed by sonographically guided 14-gauge core needle biopsy of breast mass. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194:1397-402 pubmed publisher..Although some sonographic features may be helpful to predict an upgrade to malignancy, atypical papilloma should be excised surgically in any case. ..
- Kim Y, Lee H, Kim S, Yeom Y, Ryu K, Min B, et al. Epigenomic analysis of aberrantly methylated genes in colorectal cancer identifies genes commonly affected by epigenetic alterations. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:2338-47 pubmed publisher..Methylation profiling based on bead-chip arrays is an effective method for screening aberrantly methylated genes in CRC. In addition, we identified novel methylated genes that are candidate diagnostic or prognostic markers for CRC. ..
- Lee J, Kim S, Moon H, Kim Y, Lee T, Park S. Initial experience of laparoendoscopic single-site nephroureterectomy with bladder cuff excision for upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma performed by a single surgeon. J Endourol. 2011;25:1763-8 pubmed publisher..75 ± 3.37 days. Eight patients who underwent LESSNU successfully were satisfied with their operations. LESSNU for upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma seems to be feasible and safe, but it is still challenging for advanced cases. ..
- Shin H, Baek H, Cha J, Kim H. Evaluation of breast cancer using proton MR spectroscopy: total choline peak integral and signal-to-noise ratio as prognostic indicators. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012;198:W488-97 pubmed publisher..001), tumor size (p = 0.011), and three MRS parameters (p = 0.003). Our study suggests that proton MRS can play a role in predicting prognostic indicators of tumor aggressiveness in patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer. ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Koh H. Improvement of photoreceptor integrity and associated visual outcome in neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012;154:164-173.e1 pubmed publisher..Assessing the change of the photoreceptor integrity before and after treatment would be a useful indicator to predict initial response to treatment and visual prognosis in patients with neovascular AMD. ..
- Choi J, Kim M, Youk J, Moon H, Suh H, Kim E. US-guided optical tomography: correlation with clinicopathologic variables in breast cancer. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013;39:233-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, US-guided diffuse optical tomography (US-DOT) may potentially be used to predict tumor aggressiveness in patients with invasive breast cancers. ..
- Park S, Yoon S, Lee J, Park J, Jang J, Lee J. Multicenter, prospective study to evaluate the efficacy of biweekly romiplostim administration in patients with immune thrombocytopenia. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:44-52 pubmed publisher..Lengthening the dose interval of romiplostim to greater than a week is not feasible to maintain stable platelet count. ..
- Chang Y, Kim H, Jung S, Kim H, Lee J, Bae J, et al. Pre-ablation stimulated thyroglobulin is a better predictor of recurrence in pathological N1a papillary thyroid carcinoma than the lymph node ratio. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:862-868 pubmed..001) was an independent risk factor for recurrence. A high pre-ablation sTg level is a better predictor of recurrence in pathological N1a PTC than a high LNR value.Â Careful follow-up of patients with this risk factor is recommended. ..
- Park H, Kang M. Effects of voluntary/involuntary retirement on their own and spouses' depressive symptoms. Compr Psychiatry. 2016;66:1-8 pubmed publisher..65). During the 6year follow-up study, Voluntary/involuntary retirement increased the risk of depressive symptoms in a Korean elderly population. Furthermore, husbands' voluntary retirement increased wives' risk of depressive symptoms. ..
- Kim B, Lee S, Yun T, Lee S, Paeng J, Jun J, et al. Capability of arterial spin labeling MR imaging in localizing seizure focus in clinical seizure activity. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1295-303 pubmed publisher..It has the potential as a non-invasive complementary diagnostic tool for patients with clinical seizure activity. ..
- Miki T, Shimada H, Kim J, Yamamoto Y, Sugino M, Kowa H, et al. Brain uptake and safety of Flutemetamol F 18 injection in Japanese subjects with probable Alzheimer's disease, subjects with amnestic mild cognitive impairment and healthy volunteers. Ann Nucl Med. 2017;31:260-272 pubmed publisher..Visual delineation of abnormal and normal scans was corroborated by quantitative assessment, with low test-retest variability. Clinicaltrials.gov registration number NCT02813070. ..
- Lee J, Young S, Kim Y, Woo K, Yum J. Canaliculorhinostomy-Indications and Surgical Results. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:134-139 pubmed publisher..3% (n = 13), respectively. Canaliculorhinostomy has reasonable success rates and provides an effective surgical alternative for a group of patients in whom CDCR with Jones tube placement would otherwise have been indicated. ..
- Kim K, Park M, Yu J, Chung J, Ryu Y, Lee S, et al. Acute cholecystitis at T2-weighted and manganese-enhanced T1-weighted MR cholangiography: preliminary study. Radiology. 2003;227:580-4 pubmed..T2-weighted MR cholangiography combined with manganese-enhanced T1-weighted MR cholangiography provides not only morphologic information but also functional information about the biliary system. ..
- Song M, Lee S, Kim M, Lee H, Kim K, Kim H, et al. EUS in the evaluation of pancreatic cystic lesions. Gastrointest Endosc. 2003;57:891-6 pubmed..05). There were no factors that predicted malignancy in intraductal papillary mucinous tumor. EUS is a useful complementary imaging method for differentiation of pancreatic cystic lesions. ..
- Lee M, Park G, Lee H, Jung J, Kang J, Hong Y, et al. Survivin expression and its clinical significance in pancreatic cancer. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:127 pubmed..Further study of large scale is required to determine the clinical significance of survivin expression in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Park S, Lee C, Kwak Y, Moon C, Kim B, Kim E, et al. Antigenic drift of Orientia tsutsugamushi in South Korea as identified by the sequence analysis of a 56-kDa protein-encoding gene. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010;83:930-5 pubmed publisher..1%). This antigenic drift had a negative effect on the PHA results. Periodic surveillance of the contemporary strains using sequence analysis is needed. ..
- Kim H, Park I, Choi J, Hwang S, Kim H, Lim J, et al. A decline in renal function is associated with loss of bone mass in Korean postmenopausal women with mild renal dysfunction. J Korean Med Sci. 2011;26:392-8 pubmed publisher..300). Our study suggests that a decline of renal function is associated with lower BMD in the lumbar spine, femoral neck and total proximal femur areas in Korean menopausal women with mild renal dysfunction...
- Goh A, Kim Y, Woo K, Lee J. Benign orbital apex tumors treated with multisession gamma knife radiosurgery. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:635-641 pubmed publisher..None of the patients experienced any radiation-related ocular morbidity. From this experience, multisession GKRS seems to be an effective management strategy to treat solitary, benign, well-circumscribed orbital apex tumors. ..
- Kim E, Ryoo J, Roh H, Lee K, Kim S, Song I, et al. Reversed discrepancy between CT and diffusion-weighted MR imaging in acute ischemic stroke. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006;27:1990-5 pubmed..We sought to determine whether an early CT ischemic lesion showing parenchymal hypoattenuation might be undetectable on diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) in acute cerebral ischemia...
- Cha H, Bae E, Koh J, Chai J, Jeon C, Ahn K, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression in rheumatoid synoviocytes. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:16-9 pubmed..Overexpression of VEGF-C in FLS by stimulation with TNF-alpha may play an important role in the progression of synovial inflammation and hyperplasia in RA by contributing to local lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis. ..
- Cho H, Song S, Lee D, Choi H, Heo J. Carotid-subclavian steal phenomenon. Neurology. 2007;68:702 pubmed
- Lee K, Im S, Oh D, Lee S, Chie E, Han W, et al. Prognostic significance of bcl-2 expression in stage III breast cancer patients who had received doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel as adjuvant chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:63 pubmed..Bcl-2 is an independent prognostic factor of DFS in curatively resected stage III breast cancer patients and appears to be a useful prognostic factor in combination with c-erbB2 and the number of involved lymph nodes. ..
- Kim S, Lee J, Lee J, Kim S, Han J, Choi B, et al. Analysis of enhancement pattern of flat gallbladder wall thickening on MDCT to differentiate gallbladder cancer from cholecystitis. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008;191:765-71 pubmed publisher..The objective of our study was to determine the diagnostic value of analyzing the pattern of gallbladder wall enhancement on MDCT to characterize diffuse gallbladder wall thickening as benign or malignant...
- Park S, Kim J, Koo J, Park B, Lee K. Clinicopathological characteristics of male breast cancer. Yonsei Med J. 2008;49:978-86 pubmed publisher..To investigate clinicopathological characteristics and outcomes of male breast cancer (MBC)...
- Lee J, Lee S, Kim S, Kim C, Lee H, Kim C, et al. Change in International Prostate Symptom storage subscore after long-term medical therapy in BPH patients: finasteride and alpha-blocker combination therapy in men with moderate-to-severe LUTS/BPH in Korea. Urology. 2011;77:171-6 pubmed publisher..Data from this retrospective analysis suggest that long-term combination treatment would be beneficial, especially to patients with severe storage symptoms at baseline. ..
- Shin H, Chung H, Kim H. Association between integrity of foveal photoreceptor layer and visual outcome in retinal vein occlusion. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:e35-40 pubmed publisher..To investigate the correlation between integrity of foveal photoreceptor layer and initial as well as final visual acuity (VA) after successful resolution of macular oedema (ME) associated with retinal vein occlusion (RVO)...
- Do M, Myung S, Park H, Chung J, Kim I, Lee S, et al. Novel classification and pathogenetic analysis of hypoganglionosis and adult-onset Hirschsprung's disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:1818-27 pubmed publisher..We suggest that there are two subgroups of hypoganglionosis: those with or without a focally narrowed transition zone with a profoundly diminished number of ganglion cells. ..
- Eom J, Hong J. Lower back defect coverage using a free-style gluteal perforator flap. Ann Plast Surg. 2011;67:516-9 pubmed publisher..4 months). The present series indicated that the free-style gluteal perforator flap provides a safe, effective, and relatively easy option for lower back defect reconstruction. ..
- Jang S, Baek J, Kim J, Sung J, Choi H, Lim H, et al. How to manage the patients with unsatisfactory results after ethanol ablation for thyroid nodules: role of radiofrequency ablation. Eur J Radiol. 2012;81:905-10 pubmed publisher..001). We identified no factors related to volume reduction after RFA. RFA is effective in treatment of benign predominantly cystic thyroid nodules in patients whose clinical problems were incompletely resolved after EA. ..
- Kim H, Im S, Keam B, Kim Y, Han S, Kim T, et al. Clinical outcome of central nervous system metastases from breast cancer: differences in survival depending on systemic treatment. J Neurooncol. 2012;106:303-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that appropriate palliative systemic therapy after WBRT or GKS, and adequate palliative treatment via combined modalities are helpful for breast cancer patients, even after the detection of CNS metastases. ..
- Han M, Lee H, Cho K, Kim J, Roh J, Choi S, et al. Role of FDG-PET as a biological marker for predicting the hypoxic status of tongue cancer. Head Neck. 2012;34:1395-402 pubmed publisher..SUVmax may be a good noninvasive biomarker for prediction of hypoxic status and prognosis of patients with T2 tongue cancer. ..
- Sung Y, Cho S, Choi C, Park S, Shim J, Ahn J, et al. Korean Observational Study Network for Arthritis (KORONA): establishment of a prospective multicenter cohort for rheumatoid arthritis in South Korea. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2012;41:745-51 pubmed publisher..KORONA is the first nationwide Korean RA-specific cohort and it will provide valuable "real-world" information for Korean RA patients. ..
- Lee H, Lee S, Kim E, Kim J, Lee J, Shin H, et al. Surgical results of arachnoid-preserving posterior fossa decompression for Chiari I malformation with associated syringomyelia. J Clin Neurosci. 2012;19:557-60 pubmed publisher..Two patients developed a superficial wound infection. This study shows that arachnoid-preserving posterior fossa decompression is a safe and effective treatment for patients with CMI with associated syringomyelia. ..
- Ahn H, Choi Y, Han J, Ahn Y, Kim K, Kim J, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor mutation and treatment outcome of mediastinoscopic N2 positive non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery. Lung Cancer. 2013;79:300-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the role of TKI for adjuvant EGFR TKI to decrease disease recurrence in distant sites should be further investigated. ..
- Oh I, Suh D, Ha K. Hypertrophy of the ligament flavum in degenerative lumbar stenosis associated with the increased expression of fractalkine (CX3CL1)/CX3CR1 chemokine. Connect Tissue Res. 2013;54:380-5 pubmed publisher..671, p = 0.000) (R(2) = 0.514, p = 0.001). This study identified for the first time that increases in CX3CL1 and CX3CR1-expressing cells are significantly related to LF hypertrophy. ..
- Sin M, Kim W, Park D, Min Y, Kim W, Cho K, et al. Electromyographic analysis of upper limb muscles during standardized isotonic and isokinetic robotic exercise of spastic elbow in patients with stroke. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2014;24:11-7 pubmed publisher..0±17.0 (2nd), 87.8±14.4 (3rd) in isokinetic, 80.9±11.0 (2nd), 81.6±12.4 (3rd) in isotonic contraction, F[1,8]=11.168; P=0.010) without increasing the co-contraction of muscle pairs, implicating spasticity or synergy. ..
- Kwak J, Kim E, Hong S, Kim M, Moon H, Park C. Value of specimen radiographs in diagnosing multifocality of thyroid cancer. Br J Surg. 2010;97:517-24 pubmed publisher..Specimen radiography has been used widely to evaluate the complete excision of calcified breast lesions but has not been evaluated for thyroid cancer...
- Kim Y, Kang S, Lee J, Chung S. Peripheral exudative hemorrhagic chorioretinopathy in Korean patients. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010;54:227-31 pubmed publisher..PEHCR appears to be a variant of age-related macular degeneration that occurs in Asians. Although PEHCR is known to be self-limiting, it frequently causes subfoveal extensions of subretinal blood and fluid. ..
- Jung G, Park K, Lee S, Yu E, Hong S, Kim J. Long-term clinical outcome of the surgically resected intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct. J Hepatol. 2012;57:787-93 pubmed publisher..Although IPNB has been recently added to the WHO classification, the classification system needs refinements...
- Heo J, Jeon S, Oh C, Hwang J, Oh J, Cho Y. The unrealized potential: cohort effects and age-period-cohort analysis. Epidemiol Health. 2017;39:e2017056 pubmed publisher..For designing effective health policies that improve Korean population's health and reduce health inequalities, it is essential to understand independent effects of the three temporal factors by using the innovative APC models. ..
- Hwang J, Kim C, Kim J. Relative afferent pupillary defect in patients with asymmetric cataracts. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004;30:132-6 pubmed..All patients with a unilateral totally opaque lens had an RAPD. The presence of a preoperative RAPD was not related to postoperative visual acuity. ..
- Ryu J, Kim B, Lee J, Kim S, Lee S. Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography with hysterosonography as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding. Korean J Radiol. 2004;5:39-46 pubmed..To assess the utility of hysterosonography (HS) as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Lee D, Jun B, Park J, Yeo S. Magnetic resonance imaging of the mastoid cavity and middle ear: prevalence and clinical significance of incidental abnormal findings in a nonotolaryngologic adult and pediatric population. J Otolaryngol. 2006;35:13-8 pubmed..The purposes of this study were to determine the prevalence of abnormalities in the mastoid cavity and middle ear in a nonotolaryngologic population and to correlate the results with clinical data...
- Oh K, Imrie S, Hwang K, Ramachandran R, Shegog M, Goodman S. Total hip arthroplasty using the miniature Anatomic Medullary Locking stem. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006;447:85-91 pubmed..However, wear and osteolysis with the use of a small cementless polyethylene liner remain challenges. ..
- Hwang H, Jeong D, Kim K, Kim K, Ahn H. Iatrogenic type A aortic dissection during cardiac surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;10:896-9 pubmed publisher..3% of our patient population, mortality was high, especially when it extended beyond the arch vessels. Better results were expected when early recognition and proper treatment under deep hypothermic circulatory arrest could be performed. ..
- Park C, Goo J, Lee H, Kim K, Kang M, Shin Y. Persistent pure ground-glass nodules in the lung: interscan variability of semiautomated volume and attenuation measurements. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:W408-14 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this article is to assess the interscan variability of semiautomated volume and attenuation measurements for pulmonary persistent pure ground-glass nodules...
- Park K, Park J, Jeon K, Kang S, Oh I, Yang H, et al. Clinical predictors of high posttreatment platelet reactivity to clopidogrel in Koreans. Cardiovasc Ther. 2012;30:5-11 pubmed publisher..0 mg/L, while cigarette smoking was associated with better responsiveness. Mean platelet reactivity and HPPR prevalence steadily increased with the number of clinical predictors. ..
- Shim C, Park S, Choi D, Yang W, Cho I, Choi E, et al. Sex differences in central hemodynamics and their relationship to left ventricular diastolic function. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:1226-33 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the effects of earlier wave reflection on central pressure may contribute to greater susceptibility to heart failure with preserved LV ejection fraction in women. ..
- Hong N, Oh J, Kang S, Kim S, Won H, Youn J, et al. Red blood cell distribution width predicts early mortality in patients with acute dyspnea. Clin Chim Acta. 2012;413:992-7 pubmed publisher..1%; P<0.001)/integrated discrimination improvement (IDI=0.038; P=0.006). Our findings suggest that RDW measured at ED is an independent and additive predictor of early mortality in patients with acute dyspnea. ..
- Kim J, Kim H, Jung B, Park E, Cho W, Lee S. The association between cancer incidence and family income: analysis of Korean National Health Insurance cancer registration data. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:1371-6 pubmed..The results show the relationship between family income and cancer risk differs according to type of cancer. ..
- Park B, Kim W, Jeong B, Jeon S, Lee H, Choi H, et al. Comparison of oncological and functional outcomes of pure versus robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy performed by a single surgeon. Scand J Urol. 2013;47:10-8 pubmed publisher..More favorable outcomes were noted in operating time, pain NRS and catheter duration, as well as urinary continence recovery time. Therefore, RALRP showed more favorable components in terms of postoperative quality of life than LRP. ..
- Jung S, Lee A, Yim S, Hu H, Choe C, Chung Y. Simultaneous copy number gains of NUPR1 and ERBB2 predicting poor prognosis in early-stage breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:382 pubmed publisher..Our study will help to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying early-stage breast cancer tumorigenesis. This study also highlights the potential for using combinations of copy number alterations as prognosis predictors for EBC. ..
- Kim S, Yoon Y, Kim M, Sohn J. Clinical impact of time to positivity for Candida species on mortality in patients with candidaemia. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013;68:2890-7 pubmed publisher..However, relevant information about the TTP for Candida species in candidaemia is limited. We investigated the clinical impact of the TTP on mortality in patients with candidaemia...
- Kim E, Choi S, Lee J, Park Y, Lee C, Yim J, et al. Validation of the GAP score in Korean patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Chest. 2015;147:430-437 pubmed publisher..The GAP model showed similar discrimination power compared with the original cohort but did not predict the 3-year risk of death accurately. Further multinational validation studies are needed. ..
- Lee H, Jeong S, Jeong B, Park H, Lee K, Um S, et al. Incidence of Brain Metastasis at the Initial Diagnosis of Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma on the Basis of Stage, Excluding Brain Metastasis. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:426-31 pubmed publisher..Routine brain MRI screening in patients with lung SCC in stage II to IV can help to evaluate asymptomatic BM. By contrast, we did not find any evidence supporting routine brain MRI screening in patients with stage I disease. ..
- Lee J, Park H, Choi J, Lee H, Moon S, Kang J, et al. Short-term changes of intraocular pressure and ocular perfusion pressure after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab or ranibizumab. BMC Ophthalmol. 2016;16:69 pubmed publisher..Based on this finding, the instant increase in IOP after intravitreal anti-VEGF injection does not significantly impair retinal blood flow. ..
- Jhoo J, Kim K, Lee D, Lee K, Lee J, Kim S, et al. Association of alpha-2-macroglobulin deletion polymorphism with sporadic Alzheimer's disease in Koreans. J Neurol Sci. 2001;184:21-5 pubmed..015). In conclusion, our data suggests that the A2M D allele is a modest risk factor for late-onset sporadic AD in Koreans, and the AD risk conferred by the A2M D allele increases in APOE epsilon4 negative subjects. ..
- Kim N, Sung C, Han J. Bizarre leiomyoma of the scrotum. J Korean Med Sci. 2003;18:452-4 pubmed..Although morphologically atypical, scrotal bizarre leiomyomas take on a biologic behavior not different from that of conventional leiomyoma, they should be distinguished from leiomyosarcoma to avoid unnecessary treatment...
- Choi S, Cho K, Nam S, Lee S, Kang J, Kim S. Clinical significance of beta1 integrin expression as a prediction marker for radiotherapy in early glottic carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 2006;116:1228-31 pubmed
- Cho Y, Kim J, Khang S, Lee J, Kim C. Chordomas and chondrosarcomas of the skull base: comparative analysis of clinical results in 30 patients. Neurosurg Rev. 2008;31:35-43; discussion 43 pubmed..As the biological behavior of chordoma is much more aggressive than that of chondrosarcoma in the skull base, one should make a distinction between these entities to plan an optimal treatment strategy...
- Kim N, Lee S, Cho S, Park C, Yang C, Kim H, et al. The prevalence of and risk factors for erosive oesophagitis and non-erosive reflux disease: a nationwide multicentre prospective study in Korea. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008;27:173-85 pubmed..The risk factors for erosive oesophagitis and NERD were found to differ, which indicates that their underlying pathogeneses are distinct. ..
- Ko Y, Jung C, Oh S, Kim T, Won H, Kang J, et al. Primary signet ring cell carcinoma of the appendix: a rare case report and our 18-year experience. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:5763-8 pubmed..She then received palliative systemic chemotherapy with 12 cycles of oxaliplatin, 5-flurorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX-4). The patient currently is well without progression of disease 12 mo after beginning chemotherapy...