Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish proteins in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: zebrafish proteins
- Bartfai R, Balduf C, Hilton T, Rathmann Y, Hadzhiev Y, Tora L, et al. TBP2, a vertebrate-specific member of the TBP family, is required in embryonic development of zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2004;14:593-8 pubmed..The presence of three different TBP family members in vertebrates suggests the existence of developmental stage- and tissue-specific preinitiation complexes with specific requirements for different TBP family members. ..
- Tay T, Lin Q, Seow T, Tan K, Hew C, Gong Z. Proteomic analysis of protein profiles during early development of the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Proteomics. 2006;6:3176-88 pubmed..Some of the proteins with interesting temporal expression profiles during development are further discussed. ..
- Wu Y, Pan X, Mudumana S, Wang H, Kee P, Gong Z. Development of a heat shock inducible gfp transgenic zebrafish line by using the zebrafish hsp27 promoter. Gene. 2008;408:85-94 pubmed
- Le Guyader S, Maier J, Jesuthasan S. Esrom, an ortholog of PAM (protein associated with c-myc), regulates pteridine synthesis in the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;277:378-86 pubmed..They also raise the possibility that neuronal defects are due in part to an abnormality in pteridine synthesis. ..
- Ke Z, Emelyanov A, Lim S, Korzh V, Gong Z. Expression of a novel zebrafish zinc finger gene, gli2b, is affected in Hedgehog and Notch signaling related mutants during embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:479-86 pubmed..In mutants affecting the Hedgehog and Notch signaling pathways, gli2b expression was either disrupted or extended in different regions. ..
- Qiu X, Xu H, Haddon C, Lewis J, Jiang Y. Sequence and embryonic expression of three zebrafish fringe genes: lunatic fringe, radical fringe, and manic fringe. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:621-30 pubmed
- Tian J, Yam C, Balasundaram G, Wang H, Gore A, Sampath K. A temperature-sensitive mutation in the nodal-related gene cyclops reveals that the floor plate is induced during gastrulation in zebrafish. Development. 2003;130:3331-42 pubmed
- Chai C, Chan W. Developmental expression of a novel Ftz-F1 homologue, ff1b (NR5A4), in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Mech Dev. 2000;91:421-6 pubmed..p.f.). Later, at 30 h.p.f., transcripts could be detected in the anterior regions of the pancreatic anlagen. Expression in both locations peaks at 36 h.p.f. and disappears at around 48 h.p.f. ..
- Zhang Y, Neo S, Wang X, Han J, Lin S. Axin forms a complex with MEKK1 and activates c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase through domains distinct from Wnt signaling. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35247-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that Axin, in addition to its function in the Wnt pathway, may play a dual role in cells through its activation of JNK/stress-activated protein kinase signaling cascade. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Korzh V. Expression of zebrafish six1 during sensory organ development and myogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:781-6 pubmed..An increase of six1 expression was observed in the lateral line, muscles, and inner ear of the mind bomb mutant, illustrating a regulatory effect of the Notch pathway on expression of Six genes. ..
- Lam S, Lee S, Lin C, Thomsen J, Fu P, Murthy K, et al. Molecular conservation of estrogen-response associated with cell cycle regulation, hormonal carcinogenesis and cancer in zebrafish and human cancer cell lines. BMC Med Genomics. 2011;4:41 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of molecular conservation of estrogen-responsiveness between zebrafish and human cancer cell lines, hence demonstrating the potential of zebrafish for estrogen-related cancer research. ..
- Poon K, Tan K, Wei Y, Ng C, Colman A, Korzh V, et al. RNA-binding protein RBM24 is required for sarcomere assembly and heart contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;94:418-27 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a potential novel pathway to cardiomyopathy through down-regulation of the RBP Rbm24. ..
- Lim S, Kumari P, Gilligan P, Quach H, Mathavan S, Sampath K. Dorsal activity of maternal squint is mediated by a non-coding function of the RNA. Development. 2012;139:2903-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify new non-coding functions for the Nodal genes and support a model wherein sqt RNA acts as a scaffold to bind and deliver/sequester maternal factors to future embryonic dorsal. ..
- Srinivas B, Woo J, Leong W, Roy S. A conserved molecular pathway mediates myoblast fusion in insects and vertebrates. Nat Genet. 2007;39:781-6 pubmed..These findings uncover a substantial degree of evolutionary conservation in the genetic regulation of myoblast fusion. ..
- Liang D, Chang J, Chin A, Smith A, Kelly C, Weinberg E, et al. The role of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in vasculogenesis, angiogenesis, and hematopoiesis in zebrafish development. Mech Dev. 2001;108:29-43 pubmed..Moreover, these effects are most dramatic when both vegf isoforms are co-expressed, indicating a synergistic effect of the expression of the two forms of the VEGF protein. ..
- Ke Z, Kondrichin I, Gong Z, Korzh V. Combined activity of the two Gli2 genes of zebrafish play a major role in Hedgehog signaling during zebrafish neurodevelopment. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:388-401 pubmed..Gli2b acts in cell proliferation and plays an early role in the hindbrain within a regulatory cascade involving Notch and Ngn1, as well as a role as specific activator in rhombomere 4. ..
- Tian J, Andrée B, Jones C, Sampath K. The pro-domain of the zebrafish Nodal-related protein Cyclops regulates its signaling activities. Development. 2008;135:2649-58 pubmed publisher..Heterologous expression of mutant hNODAL increases expression of Nodal-response genes. Our studies reveal unexpected roles for the pro-domain of the Nodal factors and provide a possible mechanism for familial heterotaxia. ..
- Cheah F, Jabs E, Chong S. Genomic, cDNA, and embryonic expression analysis of zebrafish transforming growth factor beta 3 (tgfbeta3). Dev Dyn. 2005;232:1021-30 pubmed..The strong expression in the pectoral fins, not reported in the orthologous mammalian forelimb, suggests a modified or novel function of tgfbeta3 during early fish development. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..In contrast, differentiation of slow fibers appeared largely unaffected. We conclude that Six1a plays an essential role at the onset of fast muscle differentiation. ..
- Tay S, Ingham P, Roy S. A homologue of the Drosophila kinesin-like protein Costal2 regulates Hedgehog signal transduction in the vertebrate embryo. Development. 2005;132:625-34 pubmed
- Zhu S, Korzh V, Gong Z, Low B. RhoA prevents apoptosis during zebrafish embryogenesis through activation of Mek/Erk pathway. Oncogene. 2008;27:1580-9 pubmed..These findings reveal an important genetic and functional relationship between RhoA with Mek/Erk and Bcl-2 for cell survival control during embryogenesis. ..
- Zhu S, Liu L, Korzh V, Gong Z, Low B. RhoA acts downstream of Wnt5 and Wnt11 to regulate convergence and extension movements by involving effectors Rho kinase and Diaphanous: use of zebrafish as an in vivo model for GTPase signaling. Cell Signal. 2006;18:359-72 pubmed..These findings also support the versatility of the zebrafish as a model to further investigate the roles of various classes of small GTPases in regulating cell dynamics in vivo. ..
- Wang X, Chu L, He J, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. A novel zebrafish bHLH gene, neurogenin3, is expressed in the hypothalamus. Gene. 2001;275:47-55 pubmed
- Zeng Z, Liu X, Seebah S, Gong Z. Faithful expression of living color reporter genes in transgenic medaka under two tissue-specific zebrafish promoters. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:387-92 pubmed..Therefore, the two zebrafish promoters faithfully function in a heterologous fish species, and it is likely that the mechanisms of tissue-specific expression are largely conserved among fish species. ..
- Ben J, Elworthy S, Ng A, van Eeden F, Ingham P. Targeted mutation of the talpid3 gene in zebrafish reveals its conserved requirement for ciliogenesis and Hedgehog signalling across the vertebrates. Development. 2011;138:4969-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings underline the importance of the primary cilium for Hh signaling in zebrafish and reveal the conservation of Ta3 function during vertebrate evolution...
- Wang H. Characterization of zebrafish Esrom (Myc-binding protein 2) RCC1-like domain splice variants. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;339:191-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Esrom RLD functions are regulated by alternative splicing at temporal and spatial-specific manner. ..
- Lam S, Mathavan S, Tong Y, Li H, Karuturi R, Wu Y, et al. Zebrafish whole-adult-organism chemogenomics for large-scale predictive and discovery chemical biology. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000121 pubmed publisher..These findings place zebrafish in a strategic position to bridge the wide gap between cell-based and rodent models in chemogenomics research and applications, especially in preclinical drug discovery and toxicology. ..
- Sheng D, Qu D, Kwok K, Ng S, Lim A, Aw S, et al. Deletion of the WD40 domain of LRRK2 in Zebrafish causes Parkinsonism-like loss of neurons and locomotive defect. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000914 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that zLRRK2 is an ortholog of hLRRK2 and that the deletion of WD40 domain of zLRRK2 provides a disease model for PD. ..
- Yu X, Lau D, Ng C, Roy S. Cilia-driven fluid flow as an epigenetic cue for otolith biomineralization on sensory hair cells of the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:487-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that in hair cells, a Foxj1b-dependent motile ciliogenic program is altered by the proneural Atoh proteins to promote the differentiation of immotile kinocilia. ..
- Liew H, Choksi S, Wong K, Roy S. Specification of vertebrate slow-twitch muscle fiber fate by the transcriptional regulator Blimp1. Dev Biol. 2008;324:226-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide new insights into the molecular basis of vertebrate muscle fiber-type specification, and underscore Blimp1 as the central determinant of this process. ..
- Yang S, Aw S, Chang C, Korzh S, Korzh V, Peng J. Depletion of Bhmt elevates sonic hedgehog transcript level and increases ?-cell number in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2011;152:4706-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although there are still many intriguing questions to be answered, our finding may identify a novel function for Bhmt involving modulation of Shh signaling to control ?-cell development. ..
- Go W, Korzh V. Plasma membrane Ca(2+) ATPase Atp2b1a regulates bone mineralization in zebrafish. Bone. 2013;54:48-57 pubmed publisher..atp2b1a's expression in the pharyngeal epithelium is regulated by the homeodomain transcription factor dlx2b. ..
- Wang X, Orban L. Anti-Müllerian hormone and 11 beta-hydroxylase show reciprocal expression to that of aromatase in the transforming gonad of zebrafish males. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1329-38 pubmed..Whereas, cyp11b or its product, 11-ketotestosterone, is unlikely to be the inducer of zebrafish gonad transformation, as proposed earlier for some protogynous hermaphroditic fish species. ..
- Kiener T, Sleptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Identification, tissue distribution and developmental expression of tjp1/zo-1, tjp2/zo-2 and tjp3/zo-3 in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:767-76 pubmed..Interestingly, the differential tissue and developmental expression of the two tjp1 and tjp2 genes indicates that the duplicated genes have been adapted for distinct transcriptional regulations during evolution. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Ong C, Jin S, Meng Soo H, Stainier D, et al. Microarray analysis of zebrafish cloche mutant using amplified cDNA and identification of potential downstream target genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1163-72 pubmed..Our study provides valuable information for studying hematopoiesis and vessel formation. The method described here offers a powerful tool for gene expression profiling of zebrafish mutants in general. ..
- Gong Z, Ju B, Wang X, He J, Wan H, Sudha P, et al. Green fluorescent protein expression in germ-line transmitted transgenic zebrafish under a stratified epithelial promoter from keratin8. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:204-15 pubmed
- Zhang C, Li Q, Jiang Y. Zebrafish Mib and Mib2 are mutual E3 ubiquitin ligases with common and specific delta substrates. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1115-28 pubmed
- Chong S, Jiang Y. Off limits--integrins holding boundaries in somitogenesis. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:453-7 pubmed..These studies shed light on components downstream of the periodic segmentation mechanism - the 'segmentation clock' - in somitogenesis. ..
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. PHR regulates growth cone pausing at intermediate targets through microtubule disassembly. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6593-8 pubmed publisher..Given that microtubule looping is associated with growth cone pausing, we propose that microtubule disassembly, mediated by PHR, is essential for exiting the paused state at intermediate targets. ..
- Lee K, Goh W, Xu M, Kua N, Lunny D, Wong J, et al. Detection of the p53 response in zebrafish embryos using new monoclonal antibodies. Oncogene. 2008;27:629-40 pubmed
- Gilligan P, Kumari P, Lim S, Cheong A, Chang A, Sampath K. Conservation defines functional motifs in the squint/nodal-related 1 RNA dorsal localization element. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3340-9 pubmed publisher..These findings show that comparative sequencing in the zebrafish/carp family is an efficient approach for identifying weak consensus binding sites for RNA regulatory proteins. ..
- Boopathy G, Kulkarni M, Ho S, Boey A, Chua E, Barathi V, et al. Cavin-2 regulates the activity and stability of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) in angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17760-17776 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in addition to its function in caveolae biogenesis, Cavin-2 plays a critical role in endothelial cell maintenance and function by regulating eNOS activity. ..
- Wang X, Ono Y, Tan S, Chai R, Parkin C, Ingham P. Prdm1a and miR-499 act sequentially to restrict Sox6 activity to the fast-twitch muscle lineage in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:4399-404 pubmed publisher..We find that translational repression of sox6 is mediated by miR-499, the slow-twitch-specific expression of which is in turn controlled by Prdm1a, forming a regulatory loop that initiates and maintains the slow-twitch muscle lineage. ..
- Tse W, Eisenhaber B, Ho S, Ng Q, Eisenhaber F, Jiang Y. Genome-wide loss-of-function analysis of deubiquitylating enzymes for zebrafish development. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:637 pubmed publisher..The screen results in this work will stimulate functional follow-up studies of potential DUB genes using the zebrafish model system. ..
- Tan J, Fogley R, Flynn R, Ablain J, Yang S, Saint André V, et al. Stress from Nucleotide Depletion Activates the Transcriptional Regulator HEXIM1 to Suppress Melanoma. Mol Cell. 2016;62:34-46 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an important role for HEXIM1 in coupling nucleotide metabolism with transcriptional regulation in melanoma. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Gore A, Maegawa S, Cheong A, Gilligan P, Weinberg E, Sampath K. The zebrafish dorsal axis is apparent at the four-cell stage. Nature. 2005;438:1030-5 pubmed..Because the 3' untranslated region of the human nodal gene can also localize exogenous sequences to dorsal cells, this mechanism may be evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Yeo G, Cheah F, Jabs E, Chong S. Zebrafish twist1 is expressed in craniofacial, vertebral, and renal precursors. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:783-9 pubmed..At the 24-hpf stage, twist1 transcripts were also observed in the ventral tail-bud region. These observations are consistent with a role for twist1 in craniofacial, vertebral, and early renal development. ..
- D Souza J, Hendricks M, Le Guyader S, Subburaju S, Grunewald B, Scholich K, et al. Formation of the retinotectal projection requires Esrom, an ortholog of PAM (protein associated with Myc). Development. 2005;132:247-56 pubmed..These data identify a mediator of signal transduction in retinal growth cones, which is required for topographic map formation. ..
- Li Z, Korzh V, Gong Z. Localized rbp4 expression in the yolk syncytial layer plays a role in yolk cell extension and early liver development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:117 pubmed..YSL-expressed Rbp4 plays a role in formation of both yolk extension and liver bud, the latter may also require migration of liver progenitor cells. ..
- Poon K, Richardson M, Korzh V. Expression of zebrafish nos2b surrounds oral cavity. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1662-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the analysis of expression pattern of nos2b reveals complex morphogenetic movements resulting in its expression surrounding the oral cavity. ..
- Chen J, Ruan H, Ng S, Gao C, Soo H, Wu W, et al. Loss of function of def selectively up-regulates Delta113p53 expression to arrest expansion growth of digestive organs in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2900-11 pubmed
- Cheng R, Krishnan S, Jesuthasan S. Activation and inhibition of tph2 serotonergic neurons operate in tandem to influence larval zebrafish preference for light over darkness. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20788 pubmed publisher..In particular, these results suggest that fish prefer swimming in conditions that elicits lower activity in tph2 serotonergic neurons in the rostral raphe. ..
- Ma M, Jiang Y. Jagged2a-notch signaling mediates cell fate choice in the zebrafish pronephric duct. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e18 pubmed..Taken together, our findings add a new paradigm of Notch signaling in kidney development, namely, that Jagged2a-Notch signaling modulates cell fate choice in a nephric segment, the distal pronephric duct. ..
- Ju B, Chong S, He J, Wang X, Xu Y, Wan H, et al. Recapitulation of fast skeletal muscle development in zebrafish by transgenic expression of GFP under the mylz2 promoter. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:14-26 pubmed..The mylz2-gfp transgene was also transferred into two zebrafish mutants, spadetail and chordino, and several novel phenotypes in muscle development in these mutants were discovered. ..
- Wang X, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Zebrafish atonal homologue zath3 is expressed during neurogenesis in embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:587-92 pubmed..In addition, these mutants also affect expression of zath3 in the neuroretina. ..
- Roy S, Ng T. Blimp-1 specifies neural crest and sensory neuron progenitors in the zebrafish embryo. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1772-7 pubmed..These results establish a link between the activity of the transcriptional regulator Blimp-1 and the inductive effects of BMP signaling in the inception of NC progenitor fate. ..
- Tse W, You M, Ho S, Jiang Y. The deubiquitylating enzyme Cops6 regulates different developmental processes during early zebrafish embryogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2011;55:19-24 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study that consolidates our previous work on zebrafish DUB genes, corroborates the hypothesis of multi-functional roles for DUB genes during development. ..
- Cheah F, Winkler C, Jabs E, Chong S. Tgfbeta3 regulation of chondrogenesis and osteogenesis in zebrafish is mediated through formation and survival of a subpopulation of the cranial neural crest. Mech Dev. 2010;127:329-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, proper cranial neural crest formation and survival, and ultimately craniofacial chondrogenesis and osteogenesis, are dependent on tight regulation of Tgfbeta3 protein levels in zebrafish...
- Winata C, Korzh S, Kondrychyn I, Zheng W, Korzh V, Gong Z. Development of zebrafish swimbladder: The requirement of Hedgehog signaling in specification and organization of the three tissue layers. Dev Biol. 2009;331:222-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, time-specific Hh inhibition by cyclopamine revealed different requirements of Hh signaling in the formation and organization of all three tissue layers of swimbladder...
- Leck K, Zhang S, Hauser C. Study of bioengineered zebra fish olfactory receptor 131-2: receptor purification and secondary structure analysis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15027 pubmed publisher..This will not only enable detailed structural and functional analyses, but also aid in the design of biosensor devices in order to detect water-soluble metabolites or its intermediates, which are associated with human health. ..
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Liu Y, Du L, Osato M, Teo E, Qian F, Jin H, et al. The zebrafish udu gene encodes a novel nuclear factor and is essential for primitive erythroid cell development. Blood. 2007;110:99-106 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Udu protein is very likely to function as a transcription modulator essential for the proliferation and differentiation of erythroid lineage...
- Chen J, Ng S, Chang C, Zhang Z, Bourdon J, Lane D, et al. p53 isoform delta113p53 is a p53 target gene that antagonizes p53 apoptotic activity via BclxL activation in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2009;23:278-90 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a novel feedback pathway that modulates the p53 response and suggest that modulation of the p53 pathway by p53 isoforms might have an impact on p53 tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Wu Y, Gong Z. A novel zebrafish kelchlike gene klhl and its human ortholog KLHL display conserved expression patterns in skeletal and cardiac muscles. Gene. 2004;338:75-83 pubmed..The expression pattern of klhl, as well as the presence of the kelch repeats indicates a possible role for Klhl in the organization of striated muscle cytoarchitecture. ..
- Xiang W, Ke Z, Zhang Y, Cheng G, Irwan I, Sulochana K, et al. Isthmin is a novel secreted angiogenesis inhibitor that inhibits tumour growth in mice. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:359-74 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that ISM is a novel endogenous angiogenesis inhibitor with functions likely in physiological as well as pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Korzh V, Sleptsova I, Liao J, He J, Gong Z. Expression of zebrafish bHLH genes ngn1 and nrd defines distinct stages of neural differentiation. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:92-104 pubmed..This supports the idea that expression of nrd is a necessary step leading toward overt neuronal differentiation. ..
- Kiener T, Selptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Tjp3/zo-3 is critical for epidermal barrier function in zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;316:36-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tjp3/Zo-3 is critical for barrier function of the enveloping cell layer and osmoregulation in early stages of zebrafish development. ..
- Bartfai R, Orban L. The vasa locus in zebrafish: multiple RGG boxes from duplications. DNA Cell Biol. 2003;22:47-54 pubmed..Mapping to two radiation hybrid panels strengthened the position of the gene on LG10 of zebrafish. ..
- Loh Y, Christoffels A, Brenner S, Hunziker W, Venkatesh B. Extensive expansion of the claudin gene family in the teleost fish, Fugu rubripes. Genome Res. 2004;14:1248-57 pubmed
- Chew T, Liu X, Liu L, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z, Low B. Crosstalk of Ras and Rho: activation of RhoA abates Kras-induced liver tumorigenesis in transgenic zebrafish models. Oncogene. 2014;33:2717-27 pubmed publisher..Our results also implicate that activating Rho could be beneficial to suppress the Kras-induced liver malignancies. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Xu J, Huang M, Li W, Wen Z. Distinct functions for different scl isoforms in zebrafish primitive and definitive hematopoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e132 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hematopoietic cells at different levels of hierarchy are likely governed by a gradient of the Scl protein established through temporal and spatial patterns of expression of the different isoforms. ..
- Chng S, Ho L, Tian J, Reversade B. ELABELA: a hormone essential for heart development signals via the apelin receptor. Dev Cell. 2013;27:672-80 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the existence of a peptide hormone, ELA, which, together with APLNR, forms an essential signaling axis for early cardiovascular development. ..