Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
- Liu L, Chong S, Balasubramaniyan N, Korzh V, Ge R. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (pdgfr-alpha) gene in zebrafish embryonic development. Mech Dev. 2002;116:227-30 pubmed..Expression of the zebrafish pdgfr-alpha is both conserved as well as diverged comparing to that of other vertebrate species. ..
- Bartfai R, Orban L. The vasa locus in zebrafish: multiple RGG boxes from duplications. DNA Cell Biol. 2003;22:47-54 pubmed..Mapping to two radiation hybrid panels strengthened the position of the gene on LG10 of zebrafish. ..
- Xu H, Lam S, Shen Y, Gong Z. Genome-wide identification of molecular pathways and biomarkers in response to arsenic exposure in zebrafish liver. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68737 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work represents the first comprehensive investigation of molecular mechanism of asenic toxicity and genome-wide search for potential biomarkers for arsenic exposure. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Raghunath M, Sy Wong Y, Farooq M, Ge R. Pharmacologically induced angiogenesis in transgenic zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:766-71 pubmed publisher..Cross-inhibition of collagen prolyl hydroxylase was confirmed by reduced collagen secretion by fibroblasts and reduced collagen content of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Cheah F, Jabs E, Chong S. Genomic, cDNA, and embryonic expression analysis of zebrafish transforming growth factor beta 3 (tgfbeta3). Dev Dyn. 2005;232:1021-30 pubmed..The strong expression in the pectoral fins, not reported in the orthologous mammalian forelimb, suggests a modified or novel function of tgfbeta3 during early fish development. ..
- Tran L, Hino H, Quach H, Lim S, Shindo A, Mimori Kiyosue Y, et al. Dynamic microtubules at the vegetal cortex predict the embryonic axis in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:3644-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, microtubule polarity and organization predicts the zebrafish embryonic axis. In addition, our results suggest that cortical rotation-like processes might be more common in early development than previously thought. ..
- Koenighofer M, Hung C, McCauley J, Dallman J, Back E, Mihalek I, et al. Mutations in RIT1 cause Noonan syndrome - additional functional evidence and expanding the clinical phenotype. Clin Genet. 2016;89:359-66 pubmed publisher..The phenotypic spectrum is likely to expand and includes lymphedema of the lower extremities in addition to nuchal hygroma. ..
- Poon K, Liebling M, Kondrychyn I, Garcia Lecea M, Korzh V. Zebrafish cardiac enhancer trap lines: new tools for in vivo studies of cardiovascular development and disease. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:914-26 pubmed publisher..This collection of CET lines represents a toolbox of markers for in vivo studies of heart development, physiology, and drug screening. ..
- Yang S, Aw S, Chang C, Korzh S, Korzh V, Peng J. Depletion of Bhmt elevates sonic hedgehog transcript level and increases ?-cell number in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2011;152:4706-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although there are still many intriguing questions to be answered, our finding may identify a novel function for Bhmt involving modulation of Shh signaling to control ?-cell development. ..
- Leck K, Zhang S, Hauser C. Study of bioengineered zebra fish olfactory receptor 131-2: receptor purification and secondary structure analysis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15027 pubmed publisher..This will not only enable detailed structural and functional analyses, but also aid in the design of biosensor devices in order to detect water-soluble metabolites or its intermediates, which are associated with human health. ..
- D Souza J, Hendricks M, Le Guyader S, Subburaju S, Grunewald B, Scholich K, et al. Formation of the retinotectal projection requires Esrom, an ortholog of PAM (protein associated with Myc). Development. 2005;132:247-56 pubmed..These data identify a mediator of signal transduction in retinal growth cones, which is required for topographic map formation. ..
- Wright D, Ferjentsik Z, Chong S, Qiu X, Yun Jin J, Malapert P, et al. Cyclic Nrarp mRNA expression is regulated by the somitic oscillator but Nrarp protein levels do not oscillate. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3043-3055 pubmed publisher..Despite oscillating mRNA levels, Nrarp protein does not oscillate in the PSM. Finally, neither gain nor loss of Nrarp function interferes with the normal expression of Notch-related cyclic genes. ..
- Tay T, Lin Q, Seow T, Tan K, Hew C, Gong Z. Proteomic analysis of protein profiles during early development of the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Proteomics. 2006;6:3176-88 pubmed..Some of the proteins with interesting temporal expression profiles during development are further discussed. ..
- Ma M, Jiang Y. Jagged2a-notch signaling mediates cell fate choice in the zebrafish pronephric duct. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e18 pubmed..Taken together, our findings add a new paradigm of Notch signaling in kidney development, namely, that Jagged2a-Notch signaling modulates cell fate choice in a nephric segment, the distal pronephric duct. ..
- Emelyanov A, Gao Y, Naqvi N, Parinov S. Trans-kingdom transposition of the maize dissociation element. Genetics. 2006;174:1095-104 pubmed
- Chen J, Ng S, Chang C, Zhang Z, Bourdon J, Lane D, et al. p53 isoform delta113p53 is a p53 target gene that antagonizes p53 apoptotic activity via BclxL activation in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2009;23:278-90 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a novel feedback pathway that modulates the p53 response and suggest that modulation of the p53 pathway by p53 isoforms might have an impact on p53 tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Jin H, Xu J, Qian F, Du L, Tan C, Lin Z, et al. The 5' zebrafish scl promoter targets transcription to the brain, spinal cord, and hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:60-7 pubmed
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Guo L, Liew H, Camus S, Goh A, Chee L, Lunny D, et al. Ionizing radiation induces a dramatic persistence of p53 protein accumulation and DNA damage signaling in mutant p53 zebrafish. Oncogene. 2013;32:4009-16 pubmed publisher..Thus mutation in p53 results in an exaggerated and persistent damage response, which could in turn drive the process of cancer development as high levels of mutant p53 can act as an oncoprotein to drive invasion and metastasis. ..
- Li Z, Huang X, Zhan H, Zeng Z, Li C, Spitsbergen J, et al. Inducible and repressable oncogene-addicted hepatocellular carcinoma in Tet-on xmrk transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2012;56:419-25 pubmed publisher..It provides clear evidence for the requirement of only a single oncogene for HCC initiation and maintenance and is thus a convenient model for further investigation of oncogene addiction and future anti-cancer drug screening. ..
- Li C, Li P, Tan Y, Lam S, Chan E, Gong Z. Metabolomic Characterizations of Liver Injury Caused by Acute Arsenic Toxicity in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151225 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that metabolic changes could reflect mild liver impairments induced by arsenic exposure, which underscored their potential in reporting early liver injury. ..
- Le Guyader S, Maier J, Jesuthasan S. Esrom, an ortholog of PAM (protein associated with c-myc), regulates pteridine synthesis in the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;277:378-86 pubmed..They also raise the possibility that neuronal defects are due in part to an abnormality in pteridine synthesis. ..
- AshaRani P, Lianwu Y, Gong Z, Valiyaveettil S. Comparison of the toxicity of silver, gold and platinum nanoparticles in developing zebrafish embryos. Nanotoxicology. 2011;5:43-54 pubmed publisher..The toxic effects exhibited by the zebrafish embryos as a consequence of nanoparticle exposure, accompanied by the accumulation of metals inside the body calls for urgent further investigations in this field. ..
- Lim S, Kumari P, Gilligan P, Quach H, Mathavan S, Sampath K. Dorsal activity of maternal squint is mediated by a non-coding function of the RNA. Development. 2012;139:2903-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify new non-coding functions for the Nodal genes and support a model wherein sqt RNA acts as a scaffold to bind and deliver/sequester maternal factors to future embryonic dorsal. ..
- Chatterjee A, Lagisz M, Rodger E, Zhen L, Stockwell P, Duncan E, et al. Sex differences in DNA methylation and expression in zebrafish brain: a test of an extended 'male sex drive' hypothesis. Gene. 2016;590:307-16 pubmed publisher..Our study provides genome-wide methylome and transcriptome assessment and sheds light on sex-specific epigenetic patterns and in zebrafish for the first time. ..
- Ng Y, Wu W, Zhang L. Positive correlation between gene coexpression and positional clustering in the zebrafish genome. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:42 pubmed publisher..There is a positive correlation between gene coexpression and positional clustering in the zebrafish genome. The study provides another piece of evidence for the hypothesis that coexpressed genes do cluster in the eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Gong Z, Wan H, Tay T, Wang H, Chen M, Yan T. Development of transgenic fish for ornamental and bioreactor by strong expression of fluorescent proteins in the skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:58-63 pubmed..Furthermore, compared to the wild-type fish, these fluorescent transgenic fish have no advantage in survival and reproduction. ..
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. Asymmetric innervation of the habenula in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:611-9 pubmed..Our data establish that there is asymmetric innervation of the habenula from the telencephalon, suggesting a mechanism by which habenula asymmetry might contribute to lateralized behavior. ..
- Venkatesh B, Dandona N, Brenner S. Fugu genome does not contain mitochondrial pseudogenes. Genomics. 2006;87:307-10 pubmed..Shotgun sequences of whole genomes often include some mitochondrial sequences. Therefore, any Numts identified in shotgun-sequence assemblies should be verified by Southern hybridization or PCR amplification. ..
- Cheng R, Krishnan S, Jesuthasan S. Activation and inhibition of tph2 serotonergic neurons operate in tandem to influence larval zebrafish preference for light over darkness. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20788 pubmed publisher..In particular, these results suggest that fish prefer swimming in conditions that elicits lower activity in tph2 serotonergic neurons in the rostral raphe. ..
- Wang X, Ono Y, Tan S, Chai R, Parkin C, Ingham P. Prdm1a and miR-499 act sequentially to restrict Sox6 activity to the fast-twitch muscle lineage in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:4399-404 pubmed publisher..We find that translational repression of sox6 is mediated by miR-499, the slow-twitch-specific expression of which is in turn controlled by Prdm1a, forming a regulatory loop that initiates and maintains the slow-twitch muscle lineage. ..
- Kiener T, Selptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Tjp3/zo-3 is critical for epidermal barrier function in zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;316:36-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tjp3/Zo-3 is critical for barrier function of the enveloping cell layer and osmoregulation in early stages of zebrafish development. ..
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Lam S, Mathavan S, Tong Y, Li H, Karuturi R, Wu Y, et al. Zebrafish whole-adult-organism chemogenomics for large-scale predictive and discovery chemical biology. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000121 pubmed publisher..These findings place zebrafish in a strategic position to bridge the wide gap between cell-based and rodent models in chemogenomics research and applications, especially in preclinical drug discovery and toxicology. ..
- Chauhan S, Zheng X, Tan Y, Tay B, Lim S, Venkatesh B, et al. Evolution of the Cdk-activator Speedy/RINGO in vertebrates. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:3835-50 pubmed publisher..Despite the interspecies variation, Speedy is conserved among most species examined. Our results provide a complete picture of the Speedy gene family and its evolution. ..
- Li Z, Zheng W, Wang Z, Zeng Z, Zhan H, Li C, et al. A transgenic zebrafish liver tumor model with inducible Myc expression reveals conserved Myc signatures with mammalian liver tumors. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:414-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our zebrafish model demonstrated the conserved role of Myc in promoting hepatocarcinogenesis in all vertebrate species. ..
- Wang X, Orban L. Anti-Müllerian hormone and 11 beta-hydroxylase show reciprocal expression to that of aromatase in the transforming gonad of zebrafish males. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1329-38 pubmed..Whereas, cyp11b or its product, 11-ketotestosterone, is unlikely to be the inducer of zebrafish gonad transformation, as proposed earlier for some protogynous hermaphroditic fish species. ..
- Chou C, Loh C, Foo Y, Shen S, Fielding B, Tan T, et al. ACE2 orthologues in non-mammalian vertebrates (Danio, Gallus, Fugu, Tetraodon and Xenopus). Gene. 2006;377:46-55 pubmed
- Qiu X, Xu H, Haddon C, Lewis J, Jiang Y. Sequence and embryonic expression of three zebrafish fringe genes: lunatic fringe, radical fringe, and manic fringe. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:621-30 pubmed
- Li Y, Farooq M, Sheng D, Chandramouli C, Lan T, Mahajan N, et al. Augmenter of liver regeneration (alr) promotes liver outgrowth during zebrafish hepatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30835 pubmed publisher..The dose-dependent and partial suppression of alr expression through MO-mediated knockdown allows the identification of its late developmental role in vertebrate liver organogenesis. ..
- Poon K, Tan K, Wei Y, Ng C, Colman A, Korzh V, et al. RNA-binding protein RBM24 is required for sarcomere assembly and heart contractility. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;94:418-27 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a potential novel pathway to cardiomyopathy through down-regulation of the RBP Rbm24. ..
- AshaRani P, Keupp K, Semler O, Wang W, Li Y, Thiele H, et al. Attenuated BMP1 function compromises osteogenesis, leading to bone fragility in humans and zebrafish. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:661-74 pubmed publisher..We thus define the molecular and cellular bases of BMP1-dependent osteogenesis and show the importance of this protein for bone formation and stability. ..
- Lam S, Lee S, Lin C, Thomsen J, Fu P, Murthy K, et al. Molecular conservation of estrogen-response associated with cell cycle regulation, hormonal carcinogenesis and cancer in zebrafish and human cancer cell lines. BMC Med Genomics. 2011;4:41 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of molecular conservation of estrogen-responsiveness between zebrafish and human cancer cell lines, hence demonstrating the potential of zebrafish for estrogen-related cancer research. ..
- Kondrychyn I, Teh C, Sin M, Korzh V. Stretching morphogenesis of the roof plate and formation of the central canal. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56219 pubmed publisher..The resistance of the roof plate cytoskeleton attenuates ventral displacement of the central canal in illustration of the novel mechanical role of the roof plate during development of the body axis. ..
- Chua K, Lim T. Type I and type II cytokeratin cDNAs from the zebrafish (Danio rerio) and expression patterns during early development. Differentiation. 2000;66:31-41 pubmed..In the adult eye, zfCKI and zfCKII were expressed in the ganglion cell layer and the retina, but zfCKII was also strongly expressed in the cornea as well as in chondrocytes in the skull. ..
- Gong Z, Ju B, Wang X, He J, Wan H, Sudha P, et al. Green fluorescent protein expression in germ-line transmitted transgenic zebrafish under a stratified epithelial promoter from keratin8. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:204-15 pubmed
- Ju B, Chong S, He J, Wang X, Xu Y, Wan H, et al. Recapitulation of fast skeletal muscle development in zebrafish by transgenic expression of GFP under the mylz2 promoter. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:14-26 pubmed..The mylz2-gfp transgene was also transferred into two zebrafish mutants, spadetail and chordino, and several novel phenotypes in muscle development in these mutants were discovered. ..
- Wan H, Korzh S, Li Z, Mudumana S, Korzh V, Jiang Y, et al. Analyses of pancreas development by generation of gfp transgenic zebrafish using an exocrine pancreas-specific elastaseA gene promoter. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1526-39 pubmed..Thus, our works demonstrated the new transgenic line provided a useful experimental tool in analyzing exocrine pancreas development...
- Liu Y, Du L, Osato M, Teo E, Qian F, Jin H, et al. The zebrafish udu gene encodes a novel nuclear factor and is essential for primitive erythroid cell development. Blood. 2007;110:99-106 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Udu protein is very likely to function as a transcription modulator essential for the proliferation and differentiation of erythroid lineage...
- Garcia Lecea M, Kondrychyn I, Fong S, Ye Z, Korzh V. In vivo analysis of choroid plexus morphogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3090 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to demonstrate the formation of ChP in vivo revealing a role of Notch and Hedgehog signalling pathways during different developmental phases of this process. ..
- Boopathy G, Kulkarni M, Ho S, Boey A, Chua E, Barathi V, et al. Cavin-2 regulates the activity and stability of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) in angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17760-17776 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in addition to its function in caveolae biogenesis, Cavin-2 plays a critical role in endothelial cell maintenance and function by regulating eNOS activity. ..
- Sukardi H, Chng H, Chan E, Gong Z, Lam S. Zebrafish for drug toxicity screening: bridging the in vitro cell-based models and in vivo mammalian models. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2011;7:579-89 pubmed publisher..That being said, recent developments have suggested that zebrafish could play a role in bridging the gap between in vitro cell-based models and in vivo mammalian models. ..
- Wang X, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Zebrafish atonal homologue zath3 is expressed during neurogenesis in embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:587-92 pubmed..In addition, these mutants also affect expression of zath3 in the neuroretina. ..
- Ginhoux F, Jung S. Monocytes and macrophages: developmental pathways and tissue homeostasis. Nat Rev Immunol. 2014;14:392-404 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we discuss the evidence that has dramatically changed our understanding of monocyte and macrophage development, and the maintenance of these cells in the steady state...
- Wang H, Tan J, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of vitellogenin genes in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene. 2005;356:91-100 pubmed..In situ hybridization experiments confirmed that the extrahepatic expression was actually in adipocytes associated with several organs such as the intestine, ovary, and E2-induced testis. ..
- Zheng W, Xu H, Lam S, Luo H, Karuturi R, Gong Z. Transcriptomic analyses of sexual dimorphism of the zebrafish liver and the effect of sex hormones. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53562 pubmed publisher..The information obtained in this study provides comprehensive insights into the sexual dimorphism of zebrafish liver transcriptome and will facilitate further development of the zebrafish as a human liver disease model. ..
- Kiener T, Sleptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Identification, tissue distribution and developmental expression of tjp1/zo-1, tjp2/zo-2 and tjp3/zo-3 in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:767-76 pubmed..Interestingly, the differential tissue and developmental expression of the two tjp1 and tjp2 genes indicates that the duplicated genes have been adapted for distinct transcriptional regulations during evolution. ..
- Zhu S, Korzh V, Gong Z, Low B. RhoA prevents apoptosis during zebrafish embryogenesis through activation of Mek/Erk pathway. Oncogene. 2008;27:1580-9 pubmed..These findings reveal an important genetic and functional relationship between RhoA with Mek/Erk and Bcl-2 for cell survival control during embryogenesis. ..
- Zhan H, Spitsbergen J, Qing W, Wu Y, Paul T, Casey J, et al. Transgenic expression of walleye dermal sarcoma virus rv-cyclin gene in zebrafish and its suppressive effect on liver tumor development after carcinogen treatment. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:640-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that transgenic fish models are powerful systems for investigating mechanisms of inhibition and regression of liver tumors...
- Kondrychyn I, Garcia Lecea M, Emelyanov A, Parinov S, Korzh V. Genome-wide analysis of Tol2 transposon reintegration in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:418 pubmed publisher..This information will influence the development of various applications involving DNA transposons and Tol2 in particular. ..
- Li Z, Korzh V, Gong Z. Localized rbp4 expression in the yolk syncytial layer plays a role in yolk cell extension and early liver development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:117 pubmed..YSL-expressed Rbp4 plays a role in formation of both yolk extension and liver bud, the latter may also require migration of liver progenitor cells. ..
- Chatterjee S, Lufkin T. Fishing for function: zebrafish BAC transgenics for functional genomics. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:2345-51 pubmed publisher..This review aims to look at the utility of making BAC transgenics in zebrafish and its applications in functional genomics. We look at the various methods to modify the BAC, some limitations and what the future holds. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..In contrast, differentiation of slow fibers appeared largely unaffected. We conclude that Six1a plays an essential role at the onset of fast muscle differentiation. ..
- Tay H, Ng Y, Manser E. A vertebrate-specific Chp-PAK-PIX pathway maintains E-cadherin at adherens junctions during zebrafish epiboly. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10125 pubmed publisher..These events may mirror the requirement for PAK2 signaling essential for the proper formation of the blood-brain barrier. ..
- Liew H, Choksi S, Wong K, Roy S. Specification of vertebrate slow-twitch muscle fiber fate by the transcriptional regulator Blimp1. Dev Biol. 2008;324:226-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide new insights into the molecular basis of vertebrate muscle fiber-type specification, and underscore Blimp1 as the central determinant of this process. ..
- Tian J, Yam C, Balasundaram G, Wang H, Gore A, Sampath K. A temperature-sensitive mutation in the nodal-related gene cyclops reveals that the floor plate is induced during gastrulation in zebrafish. Development. 2003;130:3331-42 pubmed
- Lim J, Yao S, Graf M, Winkler C, Yang D. Structure-function analysis of full-length midkine reveals novel residues important for heparin binding and zebrafish embryogenesis. Biochem J. 2013;451:407-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the structural features of full-length midkine relevant for embryogenesis, and unravel additional therapeutic routes targeting the N-terminal half domain and conserved hinge. ..
- Yao S, Cheng M, Zhang Q, Wasik M, Kelsh R, Winkler C. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase is required for neurogenesis in the developing central nervous system of zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63757 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that tightly controlled alk expression is critical for the balance between neural progenitor proliferation, differentiation and survival during embryonic neurogenesis...
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Korzh V. Expression of zebrafish six1 during sensory organ development and myogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:781-6 pubmed..An increase of six1 expression was observed in the lateral line, muscles, and inner ear of the mind bomb mutant, illustrating a regulatory effect of the Notch pathway on expression of Six genes. ..
- Gong B, Liang D, Chew T, Ge R. Characterization of the zebrafish vascular endothelial growth factor A gene: comparison with vegf-A genes in mammals and Fugu. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1676:33-40 pubmed..These data will be valuable for future studies of VEGF-A gene regulation and function in different vertebrates. ..
- Guo L, Chua J, Vijayakumar D, Lee K, Lim K, Eng H, et al. Detection of the 113p53 protein isoform: a p53-induced protein that feeds back on the p53 pathway to modulate the p53 response in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1998-2007 pubmed
- Cui J, Sim T, Gong Z, Shen H. Generation of transgenic zebrafish with liver-specific expression of EGFP-Lc3: a new in vivo model for investigation of liver autophagy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:268-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, the newly established transgenic line will be a useful in vivo model to investigate liver autophagy, and, in particular, the involvement of autophagy in basic biology and diseases in the liver. ..
- Tong Y, Shan T, Poh Y, Yan T, Wang H, Lam S, et al. Molecular cloning of zebrafish and medaka vitellogenin genes and comparison of their expression in response to 17beta-estradiol. Gene. 2004;328:25-36 pubmed..The implication of these observations may be that the medaka system is better in monitoring acute treatment while the zebrafish system is better in monitoring chronic exposure. ..
- Le M, Shyh Chang N, Khaw S, Chin L, Teh C, Tay J, et al. Conserved regulation of p53 network dosage by microRNA-125b occurs through evolving miRNA-target gene pairs. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002242 pubmed publisher..Our results lead us to propose that miR-125b buffers and fine-tunes p53 network activity by regulating the dose of both proliferative and apoptotic regulators, with implications for tissue stem cell homeostasis and oncogenesis. ..
- Chng S, Ho L, Tian J, Reversade B. ELABELA: a hormone essential for heart development signals via the apelin receptor. Dev Cell. 2013;27:672-80 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the existence of a peptide hormone, ELA, which, together with APLNR, forms an essential signaling axis for early cardiovascular development. ..
- Zhang Y, Wong C, Birnbaum R, Li G, Favaro R, Ngan C, et al. Chromatin connectivity maps reveal dynamic promoter-enhancer long-range associations. Nature. 2013;504:306-310 pubmed publisher..Our study sets the stage for the full-scale dissection of spatial and temporal genome structures and their roles in orchestrating development. ..
- Jesuthasan S. Fear, anxiety, and control in the zebrafish. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:395-403 pubmed publisher..In particular, they point to an essential role for a circuit involving the posterior septum, medial habenula, and interpeduncular nucleus. This evolutionarily conserved circuit may fulfill a similar function in mammals. ..
- Hossain M, Larsson A, Scherbak N, Olsson P, Orban L. Zebrafish androgen receptor: isolation, molecular, and biochemical characterization. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:361-9 pubmed..We also combined theoretical modeling with in vitro experiments to show that the zebrafish Ar is preferentially activated by 11-ketotestosterone. ..
- Poon K, Richardson M, Korzh V. Expression of zebrafish nos2b surrounds oral cavity. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1662-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the analysis of expression pattern of nos2b reveals complex morphogenetic movements resulting in its expression surrounding the oral cavity. ..