Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pyrimidines in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
- Mukhopadhyay A, Do D, Ong C, Khoo Y, Masilamani J, Chan S, et al. The role of stem cell factor and c-KIT in keloid pathogenesis: do tyrosine kinase inhibitors have a potential therapeutic role?. Br J Dermatol. 2011;164:372-86 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the SCF/c-KIT system plays an important role in scar pathogenesis, and underscore the role of imatinib as a key therapeutic agent in keloid scars. ..
- Bonderman D, Pretsch I, Steringer Mascherbauer R, Jansa P, Rosenkranz S, Tufaro C, et al. Acute hemodynamic effects of riociguat in patients with pulmonary hypertension associated with diastolic heart failure (DILATE-1): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-dose study. Chest. 2014;146:1274-1285 pubmed publisher..In patients with HFpEF and PH, riociguat was well tolerated, had no significant effect on mPAP, and improved exploratory hemodynamic and echocardiographic parameters. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT01172756; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Paira P, Chow M, Venkatesan G, Kosaraju V, Cheong S, Klotz K, et al. Organoruthenium antagonists of human A? adenosine receptors. Chemistry. 2013;19:8321-30 pubmed publisher..The assembly of these complexes through a template-driven approach with selective ligand replacement at the metal center to control their steric and receptor-binding properties is discussed. ..
- Leck Y, Choo Y, Tan C, Smith P, Hagen T. Biochemical and cellular effects of inhibiting Nedd8 conjugation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:588-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the Nedd8 pathway plays an important role in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and cellular morphology. Dysfunction of the actin cytoskeleton may contribute to the anti-cancer effect of Nedd8 inhibition. ..
- Shi H, Zhang C, Chen G, Yao S. Cell-based proteome profiling of potential dasatinib targets by use of affinity-based probes. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:3001-14 pubmed publisher..The approach developed herein should be amenable to the study of many of the existing reversible drugs/drug candidates. ..
- Mokhtar S, Chin S, Kee C, Low M, Drummer O, Marriott P. Rapid determination of sildenafil and its analogues in dietary supplements using gas chromatography-triple quadrupole mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;121:188-196 pubmed publisher..These methods were then successfully applied to dietary supplement samples without prior derivatisation, confirming that the samples were adulterated with sildenafil and/or its analogues. ..
- Cheong J, Nguyen T, Wang H, Tan P, Voorhoeve P, Lee S, et al. IC261 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of human cancer cells via CK1?/? and Wnt/?-catenin independent inhibition of mitotic spindle formation. Oncogene. 2011;30:2558-69 pubmed publisher..This activity accounts for many of the diverse biological effects of IC261 and, most importantly, for its selective cancer cell killing. ..
- Liang H, Lim H, Venkitaraman A, Surana U. Cdk1 promotes kinetochore bi-orientation and regulates Cdc20 expression during recovery from spindle checkpoint arrest. EMBO J. 2012;31:403-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide fresh insights into the regulation of mitosis and have implications for the therapeutic efficacy of anti-mitotic drugs. ..
- Setiawan M, Tan X, Goh T, Hin Fai Yam G, Mehta J. Inhibiting glycogen synthase kinase-3 and transforming growth factor-? signaling to promote epithelial transition of human adipose mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1381-1388 pubmed publisher..Human ADSCs were transited to epithelial lineage by inhibiting GSK3 and TGF? signaling. It can be an adult stem cell source for epithelial cell-based therapy. ..
- Mok T, Crino L, Felip E, Salgia R, De Pas T, Tan D, et al. The accelerated path of ceritinib: Translating pre-clinical development into clinical efficacy. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;55:181-189 pubmed publisher..Future progress in treating ALK+ NSCLC will focus on determining the optimal sequencing of therapies and strategies to overcome acquired resistance, an ongoing challenge in treating ALK-mutation-driven tumors. ..
- Zhou J, Cheong L, Liu S, Chong P, Mahara S, Bi C, et al. The pro-metastasis tyrosine phosphatase, PRL-3 (PTP4A3), is a novel mediator of oncogenic function of BCR-ABL in human chronic myeloid leukemia. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:72 pubmed publisher..These data support a role for PRL-3 in BCR-ABL signalling and CML biology and may be a potential therapeutic target downstream of BCR-ABL in TKI resistant mutant cells. ..
- Poulsen A, Blanchard S, Soh C, Lee C, Williams M, Wang H, et al. Structure-based design of PDK1 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:305-7 pubmed publisher..This improved both binding to the enzyme and physiochemical properties without compromising ligand efficiency. ..
- Tan J, Fogley R, Flynn R, Ablain J, Yang S, Saint André V, et al. Stress from Nucleotide Depletion Activates the Transcriptional Regulator HEXIM1 to Suppress Melanoma. Mol Cell. 2016;62:34-46 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an important role for HEXIM1 in coupling nucleotide metabolism with transcriptional regulation in melanoma. ..
- Lee E, Ryan S, Birmingham B, Zalikowski J, March R, Ambrose H, et al. Rosuvastatin pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenetics in white and Asian subjects residing in the same environment. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005;78:330-41 pubmed..Plasma exposure to rosuvastatin and its metabolites was significantly higher in Chinese, Malay, and Asian-Indian subjects compared with white subjects living in the same environment. ..
- Bhattacharya B, Akram M, Balasubramanian I, Tam K, Koh K, Yee M, et al. Pharmacologic synergy between dual phosphoinositide-3-kinase and mammalian target of rapamycin inhibition and 5-fluorouracil in PIK3CA mutant gastric cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2012;13:34-42 pubmed publisher..Dual, rather than single, PI3K/mTOR inhibitors may combine better with 5-FU due to cellular heterogeneity in sensitivity to PI3K and mTOR inhibition. ..
- Koo G, Tan S, Tang T, Poon S, Allen G, Tan L, et al. Janus kinase 3-activating mutations identified in natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Cancer Discov. 2012;2:591-7 pubmed publisher..Through exome sequencing, we identified activating mutations of JAK3 that may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of NKTCLs. Our findings have important implications for the management of patients with NKTCLs. ..
- Wang Q, Bushell S, Qing M, Xu H, Bonavia A, Nunes S, et al. Inhibition of dengue virus through suppression of host pyrimidine biosynthesis. J Virol. 2011;85:6548-56 pubmed publisher..The lack of in vivo efficacy is likely due to the exogenous uptake of pyrimidine from the diet or to a high plasma protein-binding activity of the current compound. ..
- Ramanujulu P, Yang T, Yap S, Wong F, Casey P, Wang M, et al. Functionalized indoleamines as potent, drug-like inhibitors of isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase (Icmt). Eur J Med Chem. 2013;63:378-86 pubmed publisher..The presence of the weakly basic and polar aminopyrimidine ring contributed significantly to the potency and drug-like profile of the final compound. ..
- Tan B, Low J, Chlebicka N, Kurup A, Cheah F, Lin R, et al. Galactomannan-guided preemptive vs. empirical antifungals in the persistently febrile neutropenic patient: a prospective randomized study. Int J Infect Dis. 2011;15:e350-6 pubmed publisher..Twelve-week survival was 85.2% in the preemptive arm and 84% in the empirical arm. A preemptive approach may reduce empirical antifungal use without compromising survival in persistently febrile neutropenic patients. ..
- Tew C, Han F, Jureen R, Tey B. Aspergillus vertebral osteomyelitis and epidural abscess. Singapore Med J. 2009;50:e151-4 pubmed..Early diagnosis and prompt initiation of treatment are emphasised in the hope of improving the outcome of this aggressive condition...
- Tay C, Ong C, Lee V, Pang B. KIT gene mutation analysis in solid tumours: biology, clincial applications and trends in diagnostic reporting. Pathology. 2013;45:127-37 pubmed publisher..We also summarise our experience with diagnostic reporting of KIT mutation analysis over a period of 3 years, and briefly survey future developments in treatment, which indeed look very promising...
- Goh J, Feng M, Wang W, Oguz G, Yatim S, Lee P, et al. Chromosome 1q21.3 amplification is a trackable biomarker and actionable target for breast cancer recurrence. Nat Med. 2017;23:1319-1330 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the 1q21.3-directed S100A7/8/9-IRAK1 feedback loop as a crucial component of breast cancer recurrence, serving as both a trackable biomarker and an actionable therapeutic target for breast cancer...
- Dorajoo R, Pereira B, Yu Z, Gopalakrishnakone P, Leong C, Wee A, et al. Role of multi-drug resistance-associated protein-1 transporter in statin-induced myopathy. Life Sci. 2008;82:823-30 pubmed..This study provides preliminary evidence that the MRP-1 transporter and efflux at skeletal muscles possibly play significant roles in statin-induced myopathy. ..
- Ho H, Pok S, Streit S, Ruhe J, Hart S, Lim K, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 regulates proliferation, anti-apoptosis and alpha-fetoprotein secretion during hepatocellular carcinoma progression and represents a potential target for therapeutic intervention. J Hepatol. 2009;50:118-27 pubmed publisher..Its frequent overexpression in patients renders its inhibition a novel and much needed pharmacological approach against HCC. ..
- Too P, Chua S, Wong S, Chiba S. Synthesis of azaheterocycles from aryl ketone O-acetyl oximes and internal alkynes by Cu-Rh bimetallic relay catalysts. J Org Chem. 2011;76:6159-68 pubmed publisher..The Cu-Rh bimetallic system could be applied for the synthesis of isoquinolines as well as ?-carboline, furo[2.3-c]pyridine, pyrrolo[2,3-c]pyridine, and thieno[2,3-c]pyridine derivatives...
- Ong K, Hsu A, Tan B. Chlorogenic acid stimulates glucose transport in skeletal muscle via AMPK activation: a contributor to the beneficial effects of coffee on diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32718 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated for the first time that CGA stimulates glucose transport in skeletal muscle via the activation of AMPK. It appears that CGA may contribute to the beneficial effects of coffee on Type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Chai J, Zhang Y, Tan W, Chng W, Li B, Wang X. Regulation of hTERT by BCR-ABL at multiple levels in K562 cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:512 pubmed publisher..Given that BCR-ABL is the specific target of Gleevec in CML treatment, we investigated the regulation of the catalytic component of telomerase, hTERT, by BCR-ABL at multiple levels in K562 cells...