Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nih 3t3 cells in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: nih 3t3 cells
- Yip A, Iwasaki K, Ursekar C, Machiyama H, Saxena M, Chen H, et al. Cellular response to substrate rigidity is governed by either stress or strain. Biophys J. 2013;104:19-29 pubmed publisher..Sustained substrate strain on soft substrates and sustained traction stress on stiff substrates suggest these may be factors governing cellular responses to substrate rigidity...
- Goh W, Lim K, Sudhaharan T, Sem K, Bu W, Chou A, et al. mDia1 and WAVE2 proteins interact directly with IRSp53 in filopodia and are involved in filopodium formation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:4702-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mDia1 and WAVE2 are important Src homology 3 domain partners of IRSp53 in forming filopodia...
- Panneerselvam P, Singh L, Ho B, Chen J, Ding J. Targeting of pro-apoptotic TLR adaptor SARM to mitochondria: definition of the critical region and residues in the signal sequence. Biochem J. 2012;442:263-71 pubmed publisher..The R14A SARM mutant also showed reduced apoptotic potential when compared with the wild-type. Taken together, S27, which is a bona fide signal sequence that targets SARM to the mitochondria, explains the pro-apoptotic activity of SARM. ..
- Brusgard J, Choe M, Chumsri S, Renoud K, MacKerell A, Sudol M, et al. RUNX2 and TAZ-dependent signaling pathways regulate soluble E-Cadherin levels and tumorsphere formation in breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:28132-50 pubmed publisher..Using this signaling pathway to monitor BC cell oncogenic activity will accelerate the discovery of new therapeutic modalities to treat BC patients. ..
- Chan S, Lim C, Huang C, Chong Y, Gunaratne H, Hogue K, et al. WW domain-mediated interaction with Wbp2 is important for the oncogenic property of TAZ. Oncogene. 2011;30:600-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the WW domain-mediated interaction with Wbp2 promotes the transforming ability of TAZ. ..
- Radhakrishnan A, Jokhun D, Venkatachalapathy S, Shivashankar G. Nuclear Positioning and Its Translational Dynamics Are Regulated by Cell Geometry. Biophys J. 2017;112:1920-1928 pubmed publisher..These biophysical signatures have the potential to be used as an ultrasensitive single-cell assay for early disease diagnostics. ..
- Mahalakshmi R, Ng M, Guo K, Qi Z, Hunziker W, Beguin P. Nuclear localization of endogenous RGK proteins and modulation of cell shape remodeling by regulated nuclear transport. Traffic. 2007;8:1164-78 pubmed..e., cytoskeleton, endoplasmic reticulum or plasma membrane) is of physiological relevance for the regulation of RGK protein function. ..
- Ling B, Gopinadhan S, Kok W, Shankar S, Gopal P, Bharathy N, et al. G9a mediates Sharp-1-dependent inhibition of skeletal muscle differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4778-85 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into Sharp-1-dependent regulation of myogenesis and identify epigenetic mechanisms that could be targeted in myopathies characterized by elevated Sharp-1 levels. ..
- Kumar A, Chang M, Fliegel L, Pervaiz S, Clement M. Oxidative repression of NHE1 gene expression involves iron-mediated caspase activity. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1733-46 pubmed..These data show that a mild oxidative stress represses NHE1 promoter activity and expression via an early oxidation phase blocked by reducing agents, and a late phase requiring an iron-dependent increase in caspases 3 and 6 activities. ..
- Wong R, Hagen T. Mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) dependent regulation of thioredoxin interacting protein (TXNIP) transcription in hypoxia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:40-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpressing eIF4E prevents the induction of TXNIP in hypoxia. Our results suggest that mTORC1 may be an important regulator of hypoxia-dependent gene expression. ..
- Victorio C, Xu Y, Ng Q, Meng T, Chow V, Chua K. Cooperative effect of the VP1 amino acids 98E, 145A and 169F in the productive infection of mouse cell lines by enterovirus 71 (BS strain). Emerg Microbes Infect. 2016;5:e60 pubmed publisher..Gain-of-function studies similar to the present work provide valuable insight into the mutational trajectory required for EV71 to infect new host cells previously non-susceptible to infection. ..
- Yamauchi S, Hou Y, Guo A, Hirata H, Nakajima W, Yip A, et al. p53-mediated activation of the mitochondrial protease HtrA2/Omi prevents cell invasion. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:1191-207 pubmed publisher..Our novel findings provide insights into the mechanism by which p53 prevents the malignant progression of transformed cells. ..
- Wang Y, Nagarajan M, Uhler C, Shivashankar G. Orientation and repositioning of chromosomes correlate with cell geometry-dependent gene expression. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1997-2009 pubmed publisher..This is central to understanding geometric control of genetic programs involved in cellular homeostasis and the associated diseases. ..
- Wang S, Low T, Nishimura Y, Golé L, Yu W, Motegi F. Cortical forces and CDC-42 control clustering of PAR proteins for Caenorhabditis elegans embryonic polarization. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:988-995 pubmed publisher..The principles described here would apply to other pattern formation processes that rely on local modification of cortical actomyosin and PAR proteins. ..
- Khandelia P, Yap K, Makeyev E. Streamlined platform for short hairpin RNA interference and transgenesis in cultured mammalian cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12799-804 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that HILO-RMCE will facilitate a wider range of molecular and cell biology applications by allowing one to rapidly engineer cell populations expressing essentially any transgene of interest. ..
- Liu J, Chung T, Li J, Taneja R. Sharp-1 modulates the cellular response to DNA damage. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:619-24 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a novel function for Sharp-1 in cell cycle arrest and DNA damage-induced apoptosis. Inappropriate Sharp-1 expression may therefore be associated with tumorigenesis. ..
- Johnson R, Teh C, Kunarso G, Wong K, Srinivasan G, Cooper M, et al. REST regulates distinct transcriptional networks in embryonic and neural stem cells. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e256 pubmed publisher..We propose that an extensive, pluripotency-specific recruitment profile lends REST a key role in the maintenance of the ESC phenotype. ..
- Bao Y, Lopez J, James D, Hunziker W. Snapin interacts with the Exo70 subunit of the exocyst and modulates GLUT4 trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:324-31 pubmed..In this study, depletion of Snapin in adipocytes using RNA interference inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose uptake. Thus, Snapin interacts with the exocyst and plays a modulatory role in GLUT4 vesicle trafficking. ..
- Fong C, Chua M, McKie A, Ling S, Mason V, Li R, et al. Sprouty 2, an inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling, is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2048-58 pubmed
- Li Q, Kumar A, Makhija E, Shivashankar G. The regulation of dynamic mechanical coupling between actin cytoskeleton and nucleus by matrix geometry. Biomaterials. 2014;35:961-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that such direct links may underlie nuclear mechanotransduction to regulate genomic programs. ..
- Li K, Zhan R, Feng S, Liu B. Conjugated polymer loaded nanospheres with surface functionalization for simultaneous discrimination of different live cancer cells under single wavelength excitation. Anal Chem. 2011;83:2125-32 pubmed publisher..The conjugated polymer loaded nanospheres with high quantum yield, low cytotoxicity, and multiple color emission upon single laser excitation are ideal for simultaneous multiple-target imaging and detection. ..