Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on microtubules in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
- Ye F, Tan L, Yang Q, Xia Y, Deng L, Murata Hori M, et al. HURP regulates chromosome congression by modulating kinesin Kif18A function. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1584-91 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate in part the regulatory mechanism for Kif18A during chromosome congression and provide new insights into the mechanism of chromosome movement at the metaphase plate. ..
- Wang J, Ramirez T, Ji P, Jayapal S, Lodish H, Murata Hori M. Mammalian erythroblast enucleation requires PI3K-dependent cell polarization. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:340-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that enucleation is regulated by microtubules and PI3K signaling in a manner mechanistically similar to directed cell locomotion...
- Krishnan V, Nirantar S, Crasta K, Cheng A, Surana U. DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation by regulating spindle behavior. Mol Cell. 2004;16:687-700 pubmed..Thus, the DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation, not by inhibiting entry into mitosis as widely believed, but by directly regulating spindle dynamics. ..
- Chu J, Ng M. Infectious entry of West Nile virus occurs through a clathrin-mediated endocytic pathway. J Virol. 2004;78:10543-55 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization of DNA probes specific for viral RNA demonstrated the trafficking of uncoated viral RNA genomes to the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Kaushik R, Yu F, Chia W, Yang X, Bahri S. Subcellular localization of LGN during mitosis: evidence for its cortical localization in mitotic cell culture systems and its requirement for normal cell cycle progression. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3144-55 pubmed..The results also show that the cortical localization of LGN is dependent on microfilaments and that interfering with LGN function in cultured cell lines causes early disruption to cell cycle progression. ..
- Liu J, Cheng F, Deng L. MLL5 maintains genomic integrity by regulating the stability of the chromosomal passenger complex through a functional interaction with Borealin. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4676-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that MLL5 functionally interacts with Borealin, facilitates the expression of CPC, and hence contributes to mitotic fidelity and genomic integrity. ..
- Horn H, Kim D, Wright G, Wong E, Stewart C, Burke B, et al. A mammalian KASH domain protein coupling meiotic chromosomes to the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:1023-39 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that telomere attachment to the NE is insufficient to promote pairing and that telomere attachment sites must be coupled to cytoplasmic dynein and the microtubule system to ensure meiotic progression...
- Yang N, Inaki M, Cliffe A, Rørth P. Microtubules and Lis-1/NudE/dynein regulate invasive cell-on-cell migration in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40632 pubmed publisher..Spatial regulation of cell-cell adhesion may be a common theme, consistent with observing both cell autonomous and non-autonomous requirements in both systems. ..
- Srinivas V, Murata Hori M. Proper positioning of the cleavage furrow requires ?-actinin to regulate the specification of different populations of microtubules. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4713-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings unveil an unexpected yet crucial role for an actin crosslinking protein in the regulation of the localization of the microtubule-associated cytokinetic regulator. ..
- Thadani R, Huang D, Oliferenko S. Robust polarity specification operates above a threshold of microtubule dynamicity. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2011;68:290-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that there exists a threshold of microtubule dynamicity that allows robust cellular polarisation. ..
- Xie H, Yu H, Zheng J, Nie P, Foster L, Mok Y, et al. EseG, an effector of the type III secretion system of Edwardsiella tarda, triggers microtubule destabilization. Infect Immun. 2010;78:5011-21 pubmed publisher..tarda pathogenesis. Moreover, the approach established in this study to identify type III effectors can be used to identify and characterize more type III and possible type VI effectors in Edwardsiella. ..
- Ling Y, Vjestica A, Oliferenko S. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the TACC protein Mia1p/Alp7p is required for remodeling of microtubule arrays during the cell cycle. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6255 pubmed publisher..We propose that intricate regulation of the subcellular distribution of TACC/TOG complexes drives microtubule array remodeling as cells progress through the cell cycle. ..
- Oliferenko S, Chew T, Balasubramanian M. Positioning cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:660-74 pubmed publisher..We also describe cytokinesis-positioning mechanisms that are not adequately explained by studies in model organisms and model cell types. ..
- Chu Z, Chen H, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Zheng N, Yin B, et al. Knockout of the AtCESA2 gene affects microtubule orientation and causes abnormal cell expansion in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:213-24 pubmed..We also demonstrated that the zinc finger-like domain of AtCESA2 could homodimerize, possibly contributing to rosette assemblies of cellulose synthase A within plasma membranes. ..
- Chu J, Leong P, Ng M. Analysis of the endocytic pathway mediating the infectious entry of mosquito-borne flavivirus West Nile into Aedes albopictus mosquito (C6/36) cells. Virology. 2006;349:463-75 pubmed..Finally, a low-pH-dependent step is required for WNV infection as revealed by the resistance of C6/36 cells to WNV infection in the presence of lysosomotropic agents...
- Ng D, Lin B, Lim C, Huang G, Zhang T, Poli V, et al. Stat3 regulates microtubules by antagonizing the depolymerization activity of stathmin. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:245-57 pubmed..Our results indicate that Stat3 modulates the MT network by binding to the COOH-terminal tubulin-interacting domain of stathmin and antagonizing its MT destabilization activity. ..
- Wang H, Oliferenko S, Balasubramanian M. Cytokinesis: relative alignment of the cell division apparatus and the mitotic spindle. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2003;15:82-7 pubmed..The interaction(s) of astral microtubules with the cell cortex appears to play an important role in establishing perpendicularity between chromosome segregation and cell division machinery. ..
- Lim Y, Tang B. Intercellular organelle trafficking by membranous nanotube connections: a possible new role in cellular rejuvenation?. Cell Commun Adhes. 2012;19:39-44 pubmed publisher..These findings have intriguing implications in cell biology and regenerative medicine...
- Lim J, Wong E, Ong S, Yusoff P, Low B, Guy G. Sprouty proteins are targeted to membrane ruffles upon growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase activation. Identification of a novel translocation domain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32837-45 pubmed..The translocation of this conserved domain, based on hSpry2 data, was independent of the activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase. ..
- Chen K, Koe C, Xing Z, Tian X, Rossi F, Wang C, et al. Arl2- and Msps-dependent microtubule growth governs asymmetric division. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:661-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Arl2- and Msps-dependent microtubule growth is a new paradigm regulating asymmetric division of neural stem cells. ..
- Veronika M, Welsch R, Ng A, Matsudaira P, Rajapakse J. Correlation of cell membrane dynamics and cell motility. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12 Suppl 13:S19 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with published literature and we also identified that motility patterns are influenced by edge features from initial time points compared to later sampling intervals. ..
- Rajagopalan S, Mishra M, Balasubramanian M. Schizosaccharomyces pombe homolog of Survivin, Bir1p, exhibits a novel dynamic behavior at the spindle mid-zone. Genes Cells. 2006;11:815-27 pubmed..Thus, Bir1p, and possibly its associated proteins, might organize a dynamic mid-zone region that helps spindle elongation and maintenance. ..
- Ge W, Chew T, Wachtler V, Naqvi S, Balasubramanian M. The novel fission yeast protein Pal1p interacts with Hip1-related Sla2p/End4p and is involved in cellular morphogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4124-38 pubmed..Thus, overlapping mechanisms involving Pal1p, Tea1p, and Sla2p contribute to the establishment of cylindrical cellular morphology, which is important for proper spatial regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- Oliferenko S, Balasubramanian M. Astral microtubules monitor metaphase spindle alignment in fission yeast. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:816-20 pubmed..We propose that astral microtubules are involved directly in monitoring orientation of the metaphase spindle and in controlling the timing of elongation in fission yeast. ..
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. PHR regulates growth cone pausing at intermediate targets through microtubule disassembly. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6593-8 pubmed publisher..Given that microtubule looping is associated with growth cone pausing, we propose that microtubule disassembly, mediated by PHR, is essential for exiting the paused state at intermediate targets. ..
- Lim A, Tiu S, Li Q, Qi R. Direct regulation of microtubule dynamics by protein kinase CK2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4433-9 pubmed..Taken together, CK2 is a microtubule-associated protein that confers microtubule stability in a phosphorylation-independent manner. ..
- Wang H, Zhao G, Pumera M. Blood electrolytes exhibit a strong influence on the mobility of artificial catalytic microengines. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013;15:17277-80 pubmed publisher..A strategy to counterbalance this negative influence is suggested. These findings have a strong influence in the field of bubble-propelled artificial micromotors, where applications in blood are often envisioned. ..
- Li C, Zhang Y, Yang Q, Ye F, Sun S, Chen E, et al. NuSAP modulates the dynamics of kinetochore microtubules by attenuating MCAK depolymerisation activity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18773 pubmed publisher..Hence, this study provides new insights into the function of NuSAP in spindle formation during mitosis. ..
- Gore A, Sampath K. Localization of transcripts of the zebrafish morphogen Squint is dependent on egg activation and the microtubule cytoskeleton. Mech Dev. 2002;112:153-6 pubmed..These results indicate that sqt transcripts are translocated by an RNA localization pathway which is initiated upon egg activation, and that sqt RNA localization through this pathway is mediated via the microtubule cytoskeleton. ..
- Liang H, Lim H, Venkitaraman A, Surana U. Cdk1 promotes kinetochore bi-orientation and regulates Cdc20 expression during recovery from spindle checkpoint arrest. EMBO J. 2012;31:403-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide fresh insights into the regulation of mitosis and have implications for the therapeutic efficacy of anti-mitotic drugs. ..
- Tan T, Miow Q, Huang R, Wong M, Ye J, Lau J, et al. Functional genomics identifies five distinct molecular subtypes with clinical relevance and pathways for growth control in epithelial ovarian cancer. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1051-66 pubmed publisher..This subtyping offers new insights into the development of novel diagnostic and personalized treatment for EOC patients. ..