Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Publications808 found, 100 shown here
- Nguyen L, Ma D, Shui G, Wong P, Cazenave Gassiot A, Zhang X, et al. Mfsd2a is a transporter for the essential omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid. Nature. 2014;509:503-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an unexpected essential physiological role of plasma-derived LPCs in brain growth and function...
- Kurashige J, Hasegawa T, Niida A, Sugimachi K, Deng N, Mima K, et al. Integrated Molecular Profiling of Human Gastric Cancer Identifies DDR2 as a Potential Regulator of Peritoneal Dissemination. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22371 pubmed publisher..DDR2 was identified as a driver gene for GC dissemination from the combined expression signature and can potentially serve as a novel therapeutic target for inhibiting GC peritoneal dissemination. ..
- Kah J, Koh S, Volz T, Ceccarello E, Allweiss L, Lutgehetmann M, et al. Lymphocytes transiently expressing virus-specific T cell receptors reduce hepatitis B virus infection. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3177-3188 pubmed publisher..T cell transfer did not trigger inflammation in uninfected mice. These data support the feasibility of using mRNA electroporation to engineer HBV TCR-redirected T cells in patients with chronic HBV infection. ..
- Ong W, Sundaram R, Huang E, Ghoshal S, Kumar U, Pentchev P, et al. Neuronal localization and association of Niemann Pick C2 protein (HE1/NPC2) with the postsynaptic density. Neuroscience. 2004;128:561-70 pubmed..These results suggest that NPC1 and HE1/NPC2 are differentially enriched in astrocytes and neurons, respectively, and that HE1/NPC2 may function in supporting the integrity of the PSD of neurons. ..
- Tan K, Tan K, Chan S, Yee K, Bevort M, Ang K, et al. MAP-1, a novel proapoptotic protein containing a BH3-like motif that associates with Bax through its Bcl-2 homology domains. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2802-7 pubmed..These data suggest that MAP-1 mediates apoptosis through a mechanism that involves binding to Bax. ..
- Ben J, Jabs E, Chong S. Genomic, cDNA and embryonic expression analysis of zebrafish IRF6, the gene mutated in the human oral clefting disorders Van der Woude and popliteal pterygium syndromes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:629-38 pubmed..Overall, the zebrafish expression data are consistent with the observations of lip pits in VWS patients, as well as more recent reports of alae nasi, otitis media and sensorineural hearing loss documented in some patients. ..
- Chu J, Chiang C, Ng M. Immunization of flavivirus West Nile recombinant envelope domain III protein induced specific immune response and protection against West Nile virus infection. J Immunol. 2007;178:2699-705 pubmed..Overall, this study highlighted that recombinant WNV E DIII protein delivered in combination with CpG adjuvant to mice generated a Th1 immune response type against WNV and can serve as a potential vaccine to prevent WNV infection. ..
- Ng C, Xu S, Lam K. Dok-3 plays a nonredundant role in negative regulation of B-cell activation. Blood. 2007;110:259-66 pubmed..Hence, we propose that Dok-3 plays a distinct and nonredundant role in the negative regulation of BCR signaling. ..
- Sivalingam S, Sim S, Jasper L, Wang D, Liu Y, Ooi E. Pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis of experimental Burkholderia pseudomallei infection with doxycycline, amoxicillin/clavulanic acid and co-trimoxazole. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;61:674-8 pubmed publisher..pseudomallei through the inhalational route...
- Feng B, Jiang J, Kraus P, Ng J, Heng J, Chan Y, et al. Reprogramming of fibroblasts into induced pluripotent stem cells with orphan nuclear receptor Esrrb. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:197-203 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicate that it is possible to reprogram MEFs without exogenous Klf transcription factors and link a nuclear receptor to somatic cell reprogramming. ..
- Tay S, Yeo C, Chai C, Chua P, Tan H, Ang A, et al. Parkin enhances the expression of cyclin-dependent kinase 6 and negatively regulates the proliferation of breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29231-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support a negative role for parkin in tumorigenesis and provide a potential mechanism by which parkin exerts its suppressing effects on breast cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Wong M, Chiu G. Liposome formulation of co-encapsulated vincristine and quercetin enhanced antitumor activity in a trastuzumab-insensitive breast tumor xenograft model. Nanomedicine. 2011;7:834-40 pubmed publisher..Prolonged drug circulation times and coordinated drug release characterize this effective treatment, which may find its way to clinical applications in the near future. ..
- Yuen J, Sim M, Siml H, Chong T, Lau W, Cheng C, et al. Inhibition of angiogenic and non-angiogenic targets by sorafenib in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in a RCC xenograft model. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:941-7 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of non-angiogenic molecules by sorafenib could contribute in part to its anti-tumour activities observed in vivo, in addition to its anti-angiogenic effects. ..
- Ng S, Wu Y, Chen B, Zhou J, Shen H. Impaired autophagy due to constitutive mTOR activation sensitizes TSC2-null cells to cell death under stress. Autophagy. 2011;7:1173-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus provide new insights into the complex relationships among mTOR, autophagy and cell death, and support the possible autophagy-targeted intervention strategies for the treatment of TSC-related pathologies. ..
- Goh K, Ng N, Hagen T, Inoue T. p21-activated kinase interacts with Wnt signaling to regulate tissue polarity and gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15853-8 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of Ror2 leads to phosphorylation of Pak1. Together, these results indicate that Pak interacts with Wnt signaling to regulate tissue polarity and gene expression. ..
- Tan E, Tan T, Tak Kwong Chow V, Poh C. Inhibition of enterovirus 71 in virus-infected mice by RNA interference. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1931-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that RNA interference (RNAi) may be a promising therapeutic approach for fighting EV71 infections. ..
- Sudo M, Chin T, Mori S, Doan N, Said J, Akashi M, et al. Inhibiting proliferation of gefitinib-resistant, non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;71:1325-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combination of 17-DMAG and belinostat should be examined in a clinical trial for TKI-resistant NSCLC cell. ..
- Goh E, Zhu T, Yakar S, LeRoith D, Lobie P. CrkII participation in the cellular effects of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1. Phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase dependent and independent effects. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:17683-92 pubmed..Thus, common utilization of CrkII by hGH and hIGF-1 allows the execution of common cellular effects of these hormones, concomitant with the retention of hormonal specificity. ..
- Xu S, Lam K. Delayed cellular maturation and decreased immunoglobulin kappa light chain production in immature B lymphocytes lacking B cell linker protein. J Exp Med. 2002;196:197-206 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest a role for BLNK and perhaps BCR signaling, in the regulation of kappa light chain expression and continued immature B cell differentiation. ..
- Lufei C, Ma J, Huang G, Zhang T, Novotny Diermayr V, Ong C, et al. GRIM-19, a death-regulatory gene product, suppresses Stat3 activity via functional interaction. EMBO J. 2003;22:1325-35 pubmed..Our data suggest that GRIM-19 is a novel negative regulator of Stat3. ..
- DU H, Bay B, Olivo M. Biodistribution and photodynamic therapy with hypericin in a human NPC murine tumor model. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:1019-24 pubmed..Hypericin appears to be an effective photosensitizer for the treatment of NPC. It is likely that hypericin-mediated PDT induces both vascular damage and direct tumor cell killing, thereby bringing about tumor necrosis and shrinkage. ..
- Richards M, Tan S, Tan J, Chan W, Bongso A. The transcriptome profile of human embryonic stem cells as defined by SAGE. Stem Cells. 2004;22:51-64 pubmed
- Wu B, Yin J, Texier C, Roussel M, Tan K. Blastocystis legumain is localized on the cell surface, and specific inhibition of its activity implicates a pro-survival role for the enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1790-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast to plants, in which legumains have been shown to play a pro-death role, legumain appears to display a pro-survival role in Blastocystis...
- Bhuvaneswari R, Thong P, Gan Y, Soo K, Soo K, Olivo M. Evaluation of hypericin-mediated photodynamic therapy in combination with angiogenesis inhibitor bevacizumab using in vivo fluorescence confocal endomicroscopy. J Biomed Opt. 2010;15:011114 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that confocal endomicroscopy is useful for visualization of vasculature and evaluation of angiogenic response following therapeutic intervention. ..
- Lee C, Chew E, Go M. Functionalized aurones as inducers of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 that activate AhR/XRE and Nrf2/ARE signaling pathways: synthesis, evaluation and SAR. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:2957-71 pubmed publisher..The electrophilicity of the double bond or its effect on the conformation of the target compound are possible key features for induction activity. ..
- Tay P, Tan P, Lan Y, Leung C, Laban M, Tan T, et al. Palladin, an actin-associated protein, is required for adherens junction formation and intercellular adhesion in HCT116 colorectal cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:909-26 pubmed..The loss of palladin may be an integral part of EMT, an early step in the metastatic spread of colon carcinoma. ..
- Chew T, Peaston A, Lim A, Lorthongpanich C, Knowles B, Solter D. A tudor domain protein SPINDLIN1 interacts with the mRNA-binding protein SERBP1 and is involved in mouse oocyte meiotic resumption. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69764 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that Spin1 regulates maternal transcripts post-transcriptionally and is involved in meiotic resumption. ..
- Skibinski D, Hanson B, Lin Y, von Messling V, Jegerlehner A, Tee J, et al. Enhanced neutralizing antibody titers and Th1 polarization from a novel Escherichia coli derived pandemic influenza vaccine. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76571 pubmed publisher..In ferrets the vaccine elicited neutralizing antibodies, and following challenge with influenza A/California/07/2009 virus reduced morbidity and lowered viral titers in nasal lavages. ..
- Zhao Z, White M, Alvarez Y, Zenker J, Bissiere S, Plachta N. Quantifying transcription factor-DNA binding in single cells in vivo with photoactivatable fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1458-1471 pubmed publisher..This protocol can be used to noninvasively reveal cell-to-cell variation in TF dynamics, as well as critical, fate-predicting changes over the course of early embryonic development. ..
- Cao S, Iyer J, Lin V. Identification of tetratricopeptide repeat domain 9, a hormonally regulated protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:310-7 pubmed..Though the function of TTC9 is not yet clear, the susceptibility of its protein level to biological and chemical agents suggests that TTC9 is a biologically significant protein. ..
- Lim S, Luo M, Koh M, Yang M, bin Abdul Kadir M, Tan J, et al. Distinct mechanisms involving diverse histone deacetylases repress expression of the two gonadotropin beta-subunit genes in immature gonadotropes, and their actions are overcome by gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4105-20 pubmed
- Han N, Wen J, Lin Q, Tan P, Liou Y, Sheu F. Proteomics analysis of the expression of neurogranin in murine neuroblastoma (Neuro-2a) cells reveals its involvement for cell differentiation. Int J Biol Sci. 2007;3:263-73 pubmed..Ng may be involved in neuronal growth and differentiation via PKC and ERK1/2 signaling pathways. ..
- Than A, Ye F, Xue R, Ong J, Poh C, Chen P. The crosstalks between adipokines and catecholamines. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;332:261-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of adipo-adrenal axis in energy metabolism and the intricate interactions between metabolic hormones...
- Li P, Wong J, Sum C, Sin W, Ng K, Koh M, et al. IRF8 and IRF3 cooperatively regulate rapid interferon-? induction in human blood monocytes. Blood. 2011;117:2847-54 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose a model for the rapid induction of IFN-? in monocytes, whereby IRF8 and PU.1 form a scaffold complex on the IFN-? promoter to facilitate the recruitment of IRF3, thus enabling rapid IFN-? transcription. ..
- Lee M, Racine V, Jagadpramana P, Sun L, Yu W, Du T, et al. Ectodermal influx and cell hypertrophy provide early growth for all murine mammary rudiments, and are differentially regulated among them by Gli3. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26242 pubmed publisher..This differential involvement of Gli3 explains the variation in phenotype among Gli3(Xt-J/Xt-J) MRs, and may help to understand the variation in numbers and positions of mammary glands among mammals...
- Bramono D, Murali S, Rai B, Ling L, Poh W, Lim Z, et al. Bone marrow-derived heparan sulfate potentiates the osteogenic activity of bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2). Bone. 2012;50:954-64 pubmed publisher..These results show that bone marrow-derived HS effectively supports bone formation, and suggest its applicability in bone repair by selectively facilitating the delivery and bioavailability of BMP-2. ..
- Sundaram J, Chan E, Poore C, Pareek T, Cheong W, Shui G, et al. Cdk5/p25-induced cytosolic PLA2-mediated lysophosphatidylcholine production regulates neuroinflammation and triggers neurodegeneration. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1020-34 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings delineate a potential therapeutic target for the reduction of neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative diseases including AD. ..
- Wang S, Taraballi F, Tan L, Ng K. Human keratin hydrogels support fibroblast attachment and proliferation in vitro. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;347:795-802 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that keratin hydrogels can be used as substrates for cell culture. Such gels might find applications as templates for soft tissue regeneration. ..
- Wong P, Chang C, Marx C, Caron M, Wetsel W, Zhang X. Pregnenolone rescues schizophrenia-like behavior in dopamine transporter knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51455 pubmed publisher..Pregnenolone thus holds promise as a therapeutic candidate in schizophrenia. ..
- Prabakaran M, Kolpe A, He F, Kwang J. Cross-protective efficacy of bivalent recombinant baculoviral vaccine against heterologous influenza H5N1 challenge. Vaccine. 2013;31:1385-92 pubmed publisher..2.1.1 H5N1 viral infections. The protective immune response elicited by bivalent-BacHA vaccine against H5N1 variants demonstrates the possibility of protection against a broad range of H5N1 strains...
- Rajendran R, Lew S, Yong C, Tan J, Wang D, Chuang K. Quantitative mouse renal perfusion using arterial spin labeling. NMR Biomed. 2013;26:1225-32 pubmed publisher..05) and medulla (from 1788?±?107 to 1573?±?144?ms, p?<?0.05) under carbogen relative to 100% oxygen. The results showed the potential of the use of ASL for perfusion quantification in mice and in models of renal diseases. ..
- Chen C, Zheng B, Han J, Lin S. Characterization of a novel mammalian RGS protein that binds to Galpha proteins and inhibits pheromone signaling in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8679-85 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Lin S. Molecular characterization of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1353:307-17 pubmed..Taken together, our data strongly show that the p27 promoter is activated by the ubiquitously expressed transcription factor Sp1, which may provide a molecular mechanism for the constitutive nature of p27 transcription. ..
- Catchpoole D, Wanjin H. Characterization of the sequence and expression of a Ykt6 prenylated SNARE from rat. DNA Cell Biol. 1999;18:141-5 pubmed..The species conservation and ubiquitous expression of prenylated SNAREs hence may be indicative of an important and central role for these proteins in cellular protein trafficking. ..
- Schantz J, Hutmacher D, Ng K, Khor H, Lim M, Teoh S. Evaluation of a tissue-engineered membrane-cell construct for guided bone regeneration. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2002;17:161-74 pubmed..Sodium hydroxide-treated membranes demonstrated increased cell attachment resulting from increased hydrophilicity. These findings have potential application in the development of a new generation of osteoconductive membranes. ..
- Kumar A, Chang M, Fliegel L, Pervaiz S, Clement M. Oxidative repression of NHE1 gene expression involves iron-mediated caspase activity. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1733-46 pubmed..These data show that a mild oxidative stress represses NHE1 promoter activity and expression via an early oxidation phase blocked by reducing agents, and a late phase requiring an iron-dependent increase in caspases 3 and 6 activities. ..
- Low D, Chen K. UBE3A regulates MC1R expression: a link to hypopigmentation in Angelman syndrome. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2011;24:944-52 pubmed publisher..Ube3a((-/-)) mice also show relative skin hypopigmentation. These results demonstrate that UBE3A plays a role in MC1R transcriptional regulation which can contribute to the development of hypopigmentation in AS patients. ..
- Zhang C, McFarlane C, Lokireddy S, Masuda S, Ge X, Gluckman P, et al. Inhibition of myostatin protects against diet-induced obesity by enhancing fatty acid oxidation and promoting a brown adipose phenotype in mice. Diabetologia. 2012;55:183-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that anti-myostatin therapeutics could be beneficial in alleviating obesity. ..
- Shi Y, Xia Y, Wang L, Liu R, Khoo K, Feng Z. Neural cell adhesion molecule modulates mesenchymal stromal cell migration via activation of MAPK/ERK signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:2257-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data reveal the vital function of NCAM in MSCs migration and differentiation thus raising the possibility of manipulating NCAM expression to enhance homing and therapeutic potential of MSCs in cellular therapy. ..
- Aksoy I, Jauch R, Chen J, Dyla M, Divakar U, Bogu G, et al. Oct4 switches partnering from Sox2 to Sox17 to reinterpret the enhancer code and specify endoderm. EMBO J. 2013;32:938-53 pubmed publisher..This work provides insights in understanding cell fate transcriptional regulation by highlighting the direct link between the DNA sequence of an enhancer and a developmental outcome...
- Abtin A, Jain R, Mitchell A, Roediger B, Brzoska A, Tikoo S, et al. Perivascular macrophages mediate neutrophil recruitment during bacterial skin infection. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:45-53 pubmed publisher..Our data illustrate a previously unrecognized role for perivascular macrophages in neutrophil recruitment to inflamed skin and indicate that S. aureus uses hemolysin-dependent killing of these cells as an immune evasion strategy. ..
- Phillips B, Veljkovic E, BouÃ© S, Schlage W, Vuillaume G, Martin F, et al. An 8-Month Systems Toxicology Inhalation/Cessation Study in Apoe-/- Mice to Investigate Cardiovascular and Respiratory Exposure Effects of a Candidate Modified Risk Tobacco Product, THS 2.2, Compared With Conventional Cigarettes. Toxicol Sci. 2016;149:411-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in this mouse model cessation or switching to THS2.2 retarded the progression of CS-induced atherosclerotic and emphysematous changes, while THS2.2 aerosol alone had minimal adverse effects. ..
- Chan E, Ho P. Preparation and characterization of immunogens for antibody production against metanephrine and normetanephrine. J Immunol Methods. 2002;266:143-54 pubmed
- Chua J, Bhuvanakantham R, Chow V, Ng M. Recombinant non-structural 1 (NS1) protein of dengue-2 virus interacts with human STAT3beta protein. Virus Res. 2005;112:85-94 pubmed publisher..Since the STAT3beta protein is an acute-phase response factor, its interaction with NS1 protein may influence the pathological changes observed in dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome...
- Fu J, Tay S, Ling E, Dheen S. High glucose alters the expression of genes involved in proliferation and cell-fate specification of embryonic neural stem cells. Diabetologia. 2006;49:1027-38 pubmed..These changes may form the basis for the defective neural tube patterning observed in embryos of diabetic pregnancies. ..
- Chin W, Lau W, Heng P, Bhuvaneswari R, Olivo M. Fluorescence imaging and phototoxicity effects of new formulation of chlorin e6-polyvinylpyrrolidone. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2006;84:103-10 pubmed..This eliminates the need for long-term photosensitivity precautions. In conclusion, the Ce6-PVP formulation seems to be a promising photosensitizer for fluorescence imaging as well as for photodynamic treatment. ..
- Zhao Y, Chan M, Zhou S, Heng C. Effects of atherogenic diet and atorvastatin treatment on gene expression profiles in the C57BL/6J mouse liver. Gene Expr. 2008;14:149-58 pubmed..Atorvastatin could restore changes in the Insig-SREBP pathway that were induced by the atherogenic diet. ..
- Wong Y, Gruber J, Jenner A, Ng M, Ruan R, Tay F. Elevation of oxidative-damage biomarkers during aging in F2 hybrid mice: protection by chronic oral intake of resveratrol. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:799-809 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that RSV treatment consistently attenuated oxidative damage in tissues where age-related oxidative damage accumulation was prominent, but also suggested that chronic RSV treatment may induce nephrotoxicity. ..
- Kou S, Waller L, Barbastathis G, Sheppard C. Transport-of-intensity approach to differential interference contrast (TI-DIC) microscopy for quantitative phase imaging. Opt Lett. 2010;35:447-9 pubmed publisher..Numerically solving for the propagation of light in a series of through-focus DIC images allows linear phase information in a single slice to be completely determined and restored from DIC intensity values. ..
- Poore C, Sundaram J, Pareek T, Fu A, Amin N, Mohamed N, et al. Cdk5-mediated phosphorylation of delta-catenin regulates its localization and GluR2-mediated synaptic activity. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8457-67 pubmed publisher..This study reveals how Cdk5 phosphorylation of the synaptic mediator protein delta-catenin can alter its localization at the synapse to impact neuronal synaptic activity. ..
- Anwar A, Hosoya T, Leong K, Onogi H, Okuno Y, Hiramatsu T, et al. The kinase inhibitor SFV785 dislocates dengue virus envelope protein from the replication complex and blocks virus assembly. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23246 pubmed publisher..SFV785 and derivative compounds could be useful biochemical probes to explore the DENV lifecycle and could also represent a new class of anti-virals. ..
- Ng C, Li N, Chee S, Prabhakar S, Kolatkar P, Jauch R. Deciphering the Sox-Oct partner code by quantitative cooperativity measurements. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4933-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest selective Sox-Oct partnerships in genome regulation and provide a toolset to study protein cooperation on DNA. ..
- Sia K, Huynh H, Chung A, Ooi L, Lim K, Hui K, et al. Preclinical evaluation of transcriptional targeting strategy for human hepatocellular carcinoma in an orthotopic xenograft mouse model. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:1651-64 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that targeting proliferating human hepatocellular carcinoma cells through the transcriptional control of therapeutic gene could represent a feasible approach against hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Lee S, Feng M, Wei Y, Li Z, Qiao Y, Guan P, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase UBASH3B is overexpressed in triple-negative breast cancer and promotes invasion and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11121-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, UBASH3B may function as a crucial node in bridging multiple invasion-promoting pathways, thereby providing a potential therapeutic target for TNBC. ..
- KilpelÃ¤inen T, Carli J, Skowronski A, Sun Q, Kriebel J, Feitosa M, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis uncovers novel loci influencing circulating leptin levels. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10494 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the regulation of leptin production by adipose tissue and open new avenues for examining the influence of variation in leptin levels on adiposity and metabolic health. ..
- Huo J, Ma Y, Liu J, Ho Y, Liu S, Soh L, et al. Loss of Fas apoptosis inhibitory molecule leads to spontaneous obesity and hepatosteatosis. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2091 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that FAIM is a novel regulator of insulin signalling and plays an essential role in energy homoeostasis. These findings may shed light on the pathogenesis of obesity and hepatosteatosis. ..
- Goh E, Zhu T, Leong W, Lobie P. c-Cbl is a negative regulator of GH-stimulated STAT5-mediated transcription. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3590-603 pubmed..Thus, c-Cbl is a negative regulator of GH-stimulated STAT5-mediated transcription by direction of STAT5 for proteosomal degradation. ..
- Zhang T, Tan Y, Fu J, Lui D, Ning Y, Jirik F, et al. The regulation of retina specific expression of rhodopsin gene in vertebrates. Gene. 2003;313:189-200 pubmed..Our investigation suggests that the regulation of retinal specific expression is conserved in the pufferfish, frog and mouse and that the ancestral intron-containing rhodopsin gene has been displaced by an intronless copy in teleosts...
- Cao Y, Adhikari S, Ang A, Moore P, Bhatia M. Mechanism of induction of pancreatic acinar cell apoptosis by hydrogen sulfide. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C503-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate the induction of pancreatic acinar cell apoptosis in vitro by H(2)S and the involvement of both mitochondrial and death receptor pathways in the process of apoptosis. ..
- Lim S, Clement M. Phosphorylation of the survival kinase Akt by superoxide is dependent on an ascorbate-reversible oxidation of PTEN. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;42:1178-92 pubmed..These results support O2.- as a physiologically relevant second messenger for Akt activation through S-nitrosylation of PTEN and offer a mechanistic explanation for the mitogenic and prosurvival activities of O2.-. ..
- Huynh H, Teo C, Soo K. Bevacizumab and rapamycin inhibit tumor growth in peritoneal model of human ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:2959-66 pubmed
- Sun J, Ramnath R, Tamizhselvi R, Bhatia M. Neurokinin A engages neurokinin-1 receptor to induce NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression in murine macrophages: implications of ERK1/2 and PI 3-kinase/Akt pathways. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C679-91 pubmed publisher..The findings reveal cellular mechanisms that may underlie NKA-mediated inflammatory and immunological conditions. ..
- Woo K, Lau Y, Wong K, Zhao Y, Chan C. Parallel genotyping of 10,204 single nucleotide polymorphisms to screen for susceptible genes for IgA nephropathy. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2009;38:894-9 pubmed..Knowledge of their mesangial expression and binding capacity for IgA-containing complexes may help elucidate the pathogenesis of IgAN. ..
- Yong K, Gao C, Lim J, Yan B, Yang H, Dimitrov T, et al. Oncofetal gene SALL4 in aggressive hepatocellular carcinoma. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:2266-76 pubmed publisher..The absence of SALL4 expression in the healthy adult liver enhances the potential of SALL4 as a treatment target in hepatocellular carcinoma. (Funded by the Singapore National Medical Research Council and others.). ..
- Schlitzer A, Ginhoux F. Organization of the mouse and human DC network. Curr Opin Immunol. 2014;26:90-9 pubmed publisher..Understanding the inter-relationships between DC populations in both man and mouse will ultimately allow us to exploit our knowledge of DC biology for effective therapeutic strategies. ..
- Flannick J, Thorleifsson G, Beer N, Jacobs S, Grarup N, Burtt N, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2014;46:357-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, loss-of-function mutations in humans provide strong evidence that SLC30A8 haploinsufficiency protects against T2D, suggesting ZnT8 inhibition as a therapeutic strategy in T2D prevention. ..
- Bu L, Chen Q, Wang H, Zhang T, Hetmanski J, Schwender H, et al. Novel evidence of association with nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate was shown for single nucleotide polymorphisms in FOXF2 gene in an Asian population. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2015;103:857-62 pubmed publisher..41, 2.98) and 1.77 (95% confidence interval = 1.26, 2.49), respectively. Our results provided statistical evidence of linkage and association between FOXF2 and nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. ..
- Zhao Z, Lim J, Ng Y, Lim L, Manser E. The GIT-associated kinase PAK targets to the centrosome and regulates Aurora-A. Mol Cell. 2005;20:237-49 pubmed..These observations may underlie reported effects of active PAK on cells, including histone H3 phosphorylation, alterations in centrosome number, and progression through mitosis. ..
- Chiu K, Ariyaratne P, Xu H, Tan A, Ng P, Liu E, et al. Pathway aberrations of murine melanoma cells observed in Paired-End diTag transcriptomes. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:109 pubmed..Our results also demonstrate the advantage of using the PET approach in conjunction with KEGG database for systematic pathway analysis. ..
- Wang X, Tan B, Sun M, Ho B, Ding J. Thioredoxin-like 6 protects retinal cell line from photooxidative damage by upregulating NF-kappaB activity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:336-44 pubmed publisher..The identification of TXNL6 and the demonstration of its protective mechanism offer new insights into treatment possibilities for photoreceptor cell degradation. ..
- Sun J, Ramnath R, Tamizhselvi R, Bhatia M. Role of protein kinase C and phosphoinositide 3-kinase-Akt in substance P-induced proinflammatory pathways in mouse macrophages. FASEB J. 2009;23:997-1010 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that SP/NK-1R activates two convergent proinflammatory signaling pathways, PKCs and PI3K-Akt, resulting in ERK1/2 and NF-kappaB activation and chemokine production in mouse macrophages. ..
- Xu S, Huo J, Lee K, Kurosaki T, Lam K. Phospholipase Cgamma2 is critical for Dectin-1-mediated Ca2+ flux and cytokine production in dendritic cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7038-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that pattern recognition receptors such as Dectin-1 could elicit Ca2+ signaling and that PLCgamma2 is a critical player in the Dectin-1 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Wang C, Almsherqi Z, McLachlan C, Matthews S, Ramachandran M, Tay S, et al. Acute starvation in C57BL/6J mice increases myocardial UCP2 and UCP3 protein expression levels and decreases mitochondrial bio-energetic function. Stress. 2011;14:66-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that increased UCP2 and UCP3 levels may contribute to decreased myocardial mitochondrial bio-energetic function due to starvation. ..
- Zhang C, McFarlane C, Lokireddy S, Bonala S, Ge X, Masuda S, et al. Myostatin-deficient mice exhibit reduced insulin resistance through activating the AMP-activated protein kinase signalling pathway. Diabetologia. 2011;54:1491-501 pubmed publisher..We propose that, by regulating AMPK in skeletal muscle and adipose tissues, myostatin plays a major role in regulating insulin signalling. ..