Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Bei J, Su W, Ng C, Yu K, Chin Y, Lou P, et al. A GWAS Meta-analysis and Replication Study Identifies a Novel Locus within CLPTM1L/TERT Associated with Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma in Individuals of Chinese Ancestry. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:188-192 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that factors involved in telomere length maintenance are involved in NPC pathogenesis. ..
- Kanehara K, Xie W, Ng D. Modularity of the Hrd1 ERAD complex underlies its diverse client range. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:707-16 pubmed publisher..The Hrd1 system does not directly evaluate the folding state of polypeptides. Instead, it does so indirectly, by recognizing specific embedded signals displayed upon misfolding. ..
- Chen M, Lei X, Shi C, Huang M, Li X, Wu B, et al. Pericyte-targeting prodrug overcomes tumor resistance to vascular disrupting agents. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3689-3701 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that targeting tumor pericytes with an FAP?-activated VDA prodrug represents a potential vascular disruption strategy in overcoming tumor resistance to VDA treatments. ..
- Buescher M, Yeo S, Udolph G, Zavortink M, Yang X, Tear G, et al. Binary sibling neuronal cell fate decisions in the Drosophila embryonic central nervous system are nonstochastic and require inscuteable-mediated asymmetry of ganglion mother cells. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1858-70 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that the fate of some sibling neurons may be regulated by signals that do not require lateral interaction between the sibling cells. ..
- Loh E, Hong W. The binary interacting network of the conserved oligomeric Golgi tethering complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24640-8 pubmed..A model for the assembly of the COG complex is presented. ..
- Chua C, Tang B. Rabs, SNAREs and ?-synuclein--membrane trafficking defects in synucleinopathies. Brain Res Rev. 2011;67:268-81 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize and discuss recent findings in this regard, and their implications in the molecular aspects of synucleinopathy. ..
- Wang S, Thibault G, Ng D. Routing misfolded proteins through the multivesicular body (MVB) pathway protects against proteotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29376-87 pubmed publisher..Eliminating the MVB sorting signal diverted molecules to the vacuolar limiting membrane, resulting in the generation of toxic by-products. These data demonstrate a new role of the MVB pathway in protein quality control. ..
- Tang B, Low D, Lee S, Tan A, Hong W. Molecular cloning and localization of human syntaxin 16, a member of the syntaxin family of SNARE proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;242:673-9 pubmed..The ubiquitous expression and Golgi localization of hsy16 suggest that it is involved in a vesicular transport step within the organelle. ..
- Tang B, Tan A, Lim L, Lee S, Low D, Hong W. Syntaxin 12, a member of the syntaxin family localized to the endosome. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6944-50 pubmed..The cDNA we have cloned apparently corresponded to three previously described expressed sequence tags named as syntaxins 12, 13, and 14, respectively. We therefore propose to retain the name syntaxin 12 for this protein. ..
- Chen Y, Low T, Choong L, Ray R, Tan Y, Toy W, et al. Phosphoproteomics identified Endofin, DCBLD2, and KIAA0582 as novel tyrosine phosphorylation targets of EGF signaling and Iressa in human cancer cells. Proteomics. 2007;7:2384-97 pubmed..These novel data will provide new insights into the complex EGF signaling and may have implications on target-directed cancer therapeutics. ..
- Horn H, Kim D, Wright G, Wong E, Stewart C, Burke B, et al. A mammalian KASH domain protein coupling meiotic chromosomes to the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:1023-39 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that telomere attachment to the NE is insufficient to promote pairing and that telomere attachment sites must be coupled to cytoplasmic dynein and the microtubule system to ensure meiotic progression...
- Chan S, Lee M, Tan K, Yang L, Lee A, Flotow H, et al. Identification of chelerythrine as an inhibitor of BclXL function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20453-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that chelerythrine triggers apoptosis through a mechanism that involves direct targeting of Bcl-2 family proteins. ..
- Kaur H, Li J, Bay B, Yung L. Investigating the antiproliferative activity of high affinity DNA aptamer on cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e50964 pubmed publisher..In addition, modified SL(2)-B sequence inhibits the expression of Jagged-1 protein, which is one of the ligands to VEGF linked delta/jagged-notch signaling pathway. ..
- Weavers H, Evans I, Martin P, Wood W. Corpse Engulfment Generates a Molecular Memory that Primes the Macrophage Inflammatory Response. Cell. 2016;165:1658-1671 pubmed publisher..This remarkable plasticity and capacity for memory places macrophages as key therapeutic targets for treatment of inflammatory disorders. ..
- Lu L, Hong W. Interaction of Arl1-GTP with GRIP domains recruits autoantigens Golgin-97 and Golgin-245/p230 onto the Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3767-81 pubmed..Golgin-97 and Golgin-245 are dissociated from the Golgi when Arl1 is knocked-down by its siRNA. Arl1-GTP thus functions to recruit Golgin-97 and Golgin-245 onto the Golgi via interacting with their GRIP domains. ..
- Zhang C, Li Q, Jiang Y. Zebrafish Mib and Mib2 are mutual E3 ubiquitin ligases with common and specific delta substrates. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:1115-28 pubmed
- Cao Q, Lu J, Kaur C, Sivakumar V, Li F, Cheah P, et al. Expression of Notch-1 receptor and its ligands Jagged-1 and Delta-1 in amoeboid microglia in postnatal rat brain and murine BV-2 cells. Glia. 2008;56:1224-37 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that Notch-1 signaling in the AMC and LPS-activated microglia/BV-2 cells modulates the expression of proinflammatory cytokines and nitric oxide. ..
- Guy G, Jackson R, Yusoff P, Chow S. Sprouty proteins: modified modulators, matchmakers or missing links?. J Endocrinol. 2009;203:191-202 pubmed publisher..With such stringent control of the Sproutys, the main question is what key proteins does this facilitator bring together? ..
- Cui L, Yu W, Deaizpurua H, Schmidli R, Pallen C. Cloning and characterization of islet cell antigen-related protein-tyrosine phosphatase (PTP), a novel receptor-like PTP and autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:24817-23 pubmed..Thus IAR is likely to be an islet cell antigen useful in the preclinical screening of individuals for risk of IDDM. ..
- Zeng Q, Hong W, Tan Y. Mouse PRL-2 and PRL-3, two potentially prenylated protein tyrosine phosphatases homologous to PRL-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;244:421-7 pubmed
- Lim K, Liu D. The missing link in coronavirus assembly. Retention of the avian coronavirus infectious bronchitis virus envelope protein in the pre-Golgi compartments and physical interaction between the envelope and membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17515-23 pubmed
- Shang X, Zhou Y, Low B. Concerted regulation of cell dynamics by BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology/Sec14p-like, proline-rich, and GTPase-activating protein domains of a novel Rho GTPase-activating protein, BPGAP1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45903-14 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence that cell morphology changes and migration are coordinated via multiple domains in BPGAP1 and present a novel mode of regulation for cell dynamics by a RhoGAP protein. ..
- Menon S, Osman Z, Chenchill K, Chia W. A positive feedback loop between Dumbfounded and Rolling pebbles leads to myotube enlargement in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:909-20 pubmed..This implicates the Duf-Rols7 positive feedback loop to the occurrence of fusion at specific sites along the membrane and provides a mechanism by which the rate of fusion is controlled. ..
- Hu Y, Poh H, Chua N. The Arabidopsis ARGOS-LIKE gene regulates cell expansion during organ growth. Plant J. 2006;47:1-9 pubmed..Ectopic expression of ARL in bri1-119 partially restores cell growth in cotyledons and leaves. Our results suggest that ARL acts downstream of BRI1 and partially mediates BR-related cell expansion signals during organ growth. ..
- Lai K, Wei C, Tan L, Tan P, Chiang G, Lee C, et al. Overexpression of interleukin-13 induces minimal-change-like nephropathy in rats. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1476-85 pubmed
- Sanda T, Leong W. TAL1 as a master oncogenic transcription factor in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2017;53:7-15 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the oncogenic transcription factor TAL1 and the tumor-suppressor E-proteins and discuss the malignant cell state, the transcriptional circuit, and the consequence of molecular abnormalities in T-ALL. ..
- Wang S, Low T, Nishimura Y, Golé L, Yu W, Motegi F. Cortical forces and CDC-42 control clustering of PAR proteins for Caenorhabditis elegans embryonic polarization. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:988-995 pubmed publisher..The principles described here would apply to other pattern formation processes that rely on local modification of cortical actomyosin and PAR proteins. ..
- Liu J, Wang H, McCollum D, Balasubramanian M. Drc1p/Cps1p, a 1,3-beta-glucan synthase subunit, is essential for division septum assembly in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 1999;153:1193-203 pubmed..We discuss possible mechanisms that account for the differences in the phenotypes of the drc1-191 and the drc1-null mutants and also reflect the potential links between Drc1p and other cytokinesis regulators. ..
- Zhou Y, Soh U, Shang X, Guy G, Low B. The BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology/Sec14p-like domain of BNIP-Salpha is a novel apoptosis-inducing sequence. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7483-92 pubmed..These results indicate the presence of two BNIP-S splicing variants as cellular regulators and that the BCH domain of BNIP-Salpha confers a novel apoptotic function. The significance of this is discussed. ..
- Wang M, Soyano T, Machida S, Yang J, Jung C, Chua N, et al. Molecular insights into plant cell proliferation disturbance by Agrobacterium protein 6b. Genes Dev. 2011;25:64-76 pubmed publisher..Our work provides molecular insights, suggesting that 6b regulates plant cell growth by the disturbance of the miRNA pathway through its ADP ribosylation activity. ..
- Ong L, Er C, Ho A, Aung M, Yu H. Kinectin anchors the translation elongation factor-1 delta to the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32115-23 pubmed..This report provides evidence of an alternative kinectin function as the membrane anchor for EF-1 delta on the endoplasmic reticulum and provides clues to the EF-1 complex assembly and anchorage on the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Lu L, Tai G, Hong W. Interaction of Arl1 GTPase with the GRIP domain of Golgin-245 as assessed by GST (glutathione-S-transferase) pull-down experiments. Methods Enzymol. 2005;404:432-41 pubmed..Furthermore, GST-GRIP domain of Golgin-245 can efficiently retain endogenous active Arl1. A pull-down assay is developed to quantify the relative level of active Arl1. ..
- Aweya J, Mak T, Lim S, Tan Y. The p7 protein of the hepatitis C virus induces cell death differently from the influenza A virus viroporin M2. Virus Res. 2013;172:24-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results shed more light on the relationship between the HCV p7 ion channel protein and cell-death induction in host cells. ..
- Srihari S, Leong H. A survey of computational methods for protein complex prediction from protein interaction networks. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2013;11:1230002 pubmed publisher..We hope this review will not only help to condense the history of computational complex detection for easy reference but also provide valuable insights to drive further research in this area. ..
- Qu J, Ero R, Feng C, Ong L, Tan H, Lee H, et al. Kindlin-3 interacts with the ribosome and regulates c-Myc expression required for proliferation of chronic myeloid leukemia cells. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18491 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, kindlin-3 is involved in integrin Î±5ÃŸ1-Akt-mTOR-p70S6K signaling; however, its regulation of c-Myc protein expression could be independent of this signaling axis. ..
- Kausalya P, Amasheh S, Gunzel D, Wurps H, Muller D, Fromm M, et al. Disease-associated mutations affect intracellular traffic and paracellular Mg2+ transport function of Claudin-16. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:878-91 pubmed..Knowledge of the molecular defects associated with disease-causing Cldn16 mutations may open new venues for therapeutic intervention...
- Chandramouli S, Yu C, Yusoff P, Lao D, Leong H, Mizuno K, et al. Tesk1 interacts with Spry2 to abrogate its inhibition of ERK phosphorylation downstream of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1679-91 pubmed..By selectively modulating the downstream effects of Spry2, Tesk1 may thus serve as a molecular determinant of the signaling outcome. ..
- Chang T, Ito K, Ko T, Liu Q, Salto Tellez M, Yeoh K, et al. Claudin-1 has tumor suppressive activity and is a direct target of RUNX3 in gastric epithelial cells. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:255-65.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Claudin-1 is down-regulated during the epithelial-mesenchymal transition; RUNX3 might therefore act as a tumor suppressor to antagonize the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Subramaniam V, Loh E, Horstmann H, Habermann A, Xu Y, Coe J, et al. Preferential association of syntaxin 8 with the early endosome. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 6):997-1008 pubmed..This is corroborated by immunogold labeling experiments showing enrichment of syntaxin 8 in the early endosome and its co-labeling with Rab5. ..
- Hanson B, Hong W. Evidence for a role of SNX16 in regulating traffic between the early and later endosomal compartments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34617-30 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that SNX16 is a sorting nexin that may function in the trafficking of proteins between the early and late endosomal compartments. ..
- Volbracht C, Chua B, Ng C, Bahr B, Hong W, Li P. The critical role of calpain versus caspase activation in excitotoxic injury induced by nitric oxide. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1280-92 pubmed
- Lee I, Hong W. Diverse membrane-associated proteins contain a novel SMP domain. FASEB J. 2006;20:202-6 pubmed..Lee, I., Hong, W. Diverse membrane-associated proteins contain a novel SMP domain. ..
- Lu L, Tai G, Wu M, Song H, Hong W. Multilayer interactions determine the Golgi localization of GRIP golgins. Traffic. 2006;7:1399-407 pubmed..This third tier of interaction with the membrane could be mediated by non-specific hydrophobic and electrostatic forces. ..
- Ong L, Lin P, Zhang X, Chia S, Yu H. Kinectin-dependent assembly of translation elongation factor-1 complex on endoplasmic reticulum regulates protein synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33621-34 pubmed..These findings suggest that anchoring the elongation factor-1 complex onto endoplasmic reticulum via EF-1delta/kinectin interaction is important for regulating protein synthesis in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Tan K, Cheang P, Ho I, Lam P, Hui K. Nanosized bioceramic particles could function as efficient gene delivery vehicles with target specificity for the spleen. Gene Ther. 2007;14:828-35 pubmed..Most importantly, the injection of PS-SiO(2)-pNGVL-hFLex-MUC-1 nanoplexes could mount potent anti-tumour specific immune responses that led to the subsequent regression of parental tumor cells containing the muc-1 determinant. ..
- Zhang D, Manna M, Wohland T, Kraut R. Alternate raft pathways cooperate to mediate slow diffusion and efficient uptake of a sphingolipid tracer to degradative and recycling compartments. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3715-28 pubmed publisher..In summary, we suggest that both the surface behavior of a cargo and its subsequent trafficking are determined by a combination of endocytic accessory proteins and the cholesterol content of different membrane compartments. ..
- Mishra M, Akatsu H, Heese K. The novel protein MANI modulates neurogenesis and neurite-cone growth. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1713-25 pubmed publisher..Our finding describes the novel MANI-Cdc27-APC pathway as an important cascade that prevents neurons from extending axons, thus providing implications for the potential treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Quintanar Audelo M, Yusoff P, Sinniah S, Chandramouli S, Guy G. Sprouty-related Ena/vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein homology 1-domain-containing protein (SPRED1), a tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 11 (SHP2) substrate in the Ras/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:23102-12 pubmed publisher..The evidence obtained indicates that SPRED1 is a likely substrate of SHP2, whose tyrosine dephosphorylation is required to attenuate the inhibitory action of SPRED1 in the Ras/ERK pathway. ..
- Chua A, Gan S, Ting Y, Fu Z, Lim C, Song C, et al. Keloid fibroblasts are more sensitive to Wnt3a treatment in terms of elevated cellular growth and fibronectin expression. J Dermatol Sci. 2011;64:199-209 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of SFRP1 and quercetin treatment was able to mitigate Wnt3a-mediated phenotype of KFs. Using SFRP1 or inhibitors of Wnt signalling might be one of the therapeutic solutions to treat keloid scarring. ..
- Feng C, Li Y, Yau Y, Lee H, Tang X, Xue Z, et al. Kindlin-3 mediates integrin ?L?2 outside-in signaling, and it interacts with scaffold protein receptor for activated-C kinase 1 (RACK1). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:10714-26 pubmed publisher..We also show that kindlin-3 co-localizes with RACK1 in polarized SKW3 cells and human T lymphoblasts. Our findings suggest that kindlin-3 plays an important role in integrin ?L?2 outside-in signaling. ..
- Proffitt K, Madan B, Ke Z, Pendharkar V, Ding L, Lee M, et al. Pharmacological inhibition of the Wnt acyltransferase PORCN prevents growth of WNT-driven mammary cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:502-7 pubmed publisher..These results offer preclinical proof-of-concept that inhibiting mammalian Wnts can be achieved by targeting PORCN with small-molecule inhibitors such as C59, and that this is a safe and feasible strategy in vivo...
- Das R, Lee Y, Strogantsev R, Jin S, Lim Y, Ng P, et al. DNMT1 and AIM1 Imprinting in human placenta revealed through a genome-wide screen for allele-specific DNA methylation. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:685 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, novel tissue-specific imprinted genes remain to be discovered in humans. Their identification may help us better understand embryonic and fetal development. ..
- Chan S, Tang B. Location and membrane sources for autophagosome formation - from ER-mitochondria contact sites to Golgi-endosome-derived carriers. Mol Membr Biol. 2013;30:394-402 pubmed publisher..The answer to the question on the origin of membrane materials for autophagosome biogenesis awaits further reconciliation of these different findings. ..
- Yee K, Yu V. Isolation and characterization of a novel member of the neural zinc finger factor/myelin transcription factor family with transcriptional repression activity. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5366-74 pubmed
- Zhang T, Hong W. Ykt6 forms a SNARE complex with syntaxin 5, GS28, and Bet1 and participates in a late stage in endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi transport. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27480-7 pubmed..It is concluded that Ykt6 functions in a late step of ER-Golgi transport, and this role may be important for the integrity of the Golgi complex. ..
- Zhou Z, Yon Toh S, Chen Z, Guo K, Ng C, Ponniah S, et al. Cidea-deficient mice have lean phenotype and are resistant to obesity. Nat Genet. 2003;35:49-56 pubmed..Our data thus indicate a role for Cidea in regulating energy balance and adiposity. ..
- Rida P, Le Minh N, Jiang Y. A Notch feeling of somite segmentation and beyond. Dev Biol. 2004;265:2-22 pubmed..We also discuss mathematical modeling and future directions in the end. ..
- Koh W, Yuan J, van den Berg D, Lee H, Yu M. Interaction between cyclooxygenase-2 gene polymorphism and dietary n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids on colon cancer risk: the Singapore Chinese Health Study. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1760-4 pubmed..38, 95% confidence interval=1.23-4.59). ..
- Zhu X, Ong W. Changes in GABA transporters in the rat hippocampus after kainate-induced neuronal injury: decrease in GAT-1 and GAT-3 but upregulation of betaine/GABA transporter BGT-1. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:402-9 pubmed..On the other hand, excessive or prolonged BGT-1 expression might be a factor contributing to astrocytic swelling after brain injury. ..
- Kiener T, Sleptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Identification, tissue distribution and developmental expression of tjp1/zo-1, tjp2/zo-2 and tjp3/zo-3 in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:767-76 pubmed..Interestingly, the differential tissue and developmental expression of the two tjp1 and tjp2 genes indicates that the duplicated genes have been adapted for distinct transcriptional regulations during evolution. ..
- Lim T, Vedula S, Hui S, Kausalya P, Hunziker W, Lim C. Probing effects of pH change on dynamic response of Claudin-2 mediated adhesion using single molecule force spectroscopy. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2643-51 pubmed publisher..Our results provide an insight into the changes in the inter-molecular forces and adhesion kinetics of Cldn2 mediated interactions in acidic, neutral and alkaline environments. ..
- Xu S, Huo J, Lee K, Kurosaki T, Lam K. Phospholipase Cgamma2 is critical for Dectin-1-mediated Ca2+ flux and cytokine production in dendritic cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7038-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that pattern recognition receptors such as Dectin-1 could elicit Ca2+ signaling and that PLCgamma2 is a critical player in the Dectin-1 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Zhang H, Zhao C, Li X, Zhu Y, Gan C, Wang Y, et al. Study of monocyte membrane proteome perturbation during lipopolysaccharide-induced tolerance using iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic approach. Proteomics. 2010;10:2780-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings could be of significance in understanding the mechanism of LPS tolerance and provide values for designing new approaches for regulating monocytic responses in sepsis patients. ..
- Teo B, Goh K, Ng Z, Koo S, Yim E. Functional reconstruction of corneal endothelium using nanotopography for tissue-engineering applications. Acta Biomater. 2012;8:2941-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nanopillar substrate topography may provide relevant topographical cues, which could significantly enhance the formation and function of corneal endothelium. ..
- Dreesen O, Chojnowski A, Ong P, Zhao T, Common J, Lunny D, et al. Lamin B1 fluctuations have differential effects on cellular proliferation and senescence. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:605-17 pubmed publisher..This phenotype was exacerbated by a simultaneous reduction of LMNA/C. Our results demonstrate that altering LMNB1 levels inhibits proliferation and are relevant to understanding the molecular pathology of ADLD. ..
- Subramaniam V, Loh E, Hong W. N-Ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) and alpha-soluble NSF attachment proteins (SNAP) mediate dissociation of GS28-syntaxin 5 Golgi SNAP receptors (SNARE) complex. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25441-4 pubmed..Furthermore, GS28 but not syntaxin 5 is capable of binding to immobilized alpha-SNAP when the GS28-syntaxin 5 complex is dissociated. ..
- He W, Wang Q, Srinivasan B, Xu J, Padilla M, Li Z, et al. A JNK-mediated autophagy pathway that triggers c-IAP degradation and necroptosis for anticancer chemotherapy. Oncogene. 2014;33:3004-13 pubmed publisher..These results thus establish a novel mechanism for killing cancer cells that involves autophagy-mediated necroptosis, which may be employed for overcoming chemoresistance. ..
- Luo W, Yu C, Lieu Z, Allard J, Mogilner A, Sheetz M, et al. Analysis of the local organization and dynamics of cellular actin networks. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:1057-73 pubmed publisher..We suggest that such networks are critical for connecting distant parts of the cell to maintain the mechanical coherence of the cytoplasm. ..
- Chen S, Liang M, Chia J, Ngsee J, Ting A. Rab8b and its interacting partner TRIP8b are involved in regulated secretion in AtT20 cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13209-16 pubmed..In summary, these data suggest that Rab8b and TRIP8b interact with each other and are involved in the regulated secretory pathway in AtT20 cells. ..
- Tang B, Ong Y, Huang B, Wei S, Wong E, Qi R, et al. A membrane protein enriched in endoplasmic reticulum exit sites interacts with COPII. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40008-17 pubmed..A highly conserved domain at the N terminus of Yip1A is required for Sec23/Sec24 interaction. Our results suggest that Yip1A is involved in the regulation of ER-Golgi traffic at the level of ER exit sites. ..
- Xu Y, Martin S, James D, Hong W. GS15 forms a SNARE complex with syntaxin 5, GS28, and Ykt6 and is implicated in traffic in the early cisternae of the Golgi apparatus. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3493-507 pubmed
- Ho K, Chiu J. Multimodal antiemetic therapy and emetic risk profiling. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2005;34:196-205 pubmed..Various factors have been identified to categorise patients into different profiles to determine their risk of PONV. Perioperative strategies can then be targeted at these patient groups. ..
- Ismail N, Ng D. Have you HRD? Understanding ERAD is DOAble!. Cell. 2006;126:237-9 pubmed..2006) and Carvalho et al. (2006) report that two distinct protein complexes at the endoplasmic reticulum membrane are responsible for the recognition and degradation of specific subsets of protein substrates. ..
- Li P, Sun M, Wohland T, Yang D, Ho B, Ding J. Molecular mechanisms that govern the specificity of Sushi peptides for Gram-negative bacterial membrane lipids. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10554-62 pubmed
- Li M, Liu J, Ran X, Fang M, Shi J, Qin H, et al. Resurrecting abandoned proteins with pure water: CD and NMR studies of protein fragments solubilized in salt-free water. Biophys J. 2006;91:4201-9 pubmed..Our discovery not only gives a novel insight into the properties of insoluble proteins, but also sheds the first light that we know of on previously unknown regimes associated with proteins. ..
- Sandalova E, Hislop A, Levitsky V. T-cell receptor triggering differentially regulates bim expression in human lymphocytes from healthy individuals and patients with infectious mononucleosis. Hum Immunol. 2006;67:958-65 pubmed
- Udolph G, Rath P, Tio M, Toh J, Fang W, Pandey R, et al. On the roles of Notch, Delta, kuzbanian, and inscuteable during the development of Drosophila embryonic neuroblast lineages. Dev Biol. 2009;336:156-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, there is differential requirement for insc for cell fate specification depending on the stage of lineage progression of NBs. ..
- Gayen S, Kang C. Solution structure of a human minimembrane protein Ost4, a subunit of the oligosaccharyltransferase complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:572-6 pubmed publisher..Ost4 was demonstrated that the residues 5-30 adopt an ?-helical structure. A kink structure was observed in the transmembrane domain, which may be important for its function. ..
- Huang Q, Chen A, Li Q, Kang C. Expression, purification, and initial structural characterization of nonstructural protein 2B, an integral membrane protein of Dengue-2 virus, in detergent micelles. Protein Expr Purif. 2011;80:169-75 pubmed publisher..The initial nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and circular dichroism (CD) results indicate that the purified protein adopts alpha-helical structures in LMPG and TDPC micelles. ..
- Chen Y, Hor H, Tang B. AMIGO is expressed in multiple brain cell types and may regulate dendritic growth and neuronal survival. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2217-29 pubmed publisher..AMIGO therefore likely plays important roles in dendritic outgrowth during development, and could modulate the survival of developing and adult neurons. ..
- Kraut R, Bag N, Wohland T. Fluorescence correlation methods for imaging cellular behavior of sphingolipid-interacting probes. Methods Cell Biol. 2012;108:395-427 pubmed publisher..This chapter will discuss several variants and applications of fluorescence correlation spectroscopy as well as probes that can be used to study sphingolipid dynamics. ..
- Sem X, Kreisberg J, Kawli T, Tan M, Rhen M, Tan P. Modulation of Caenorhabditis elegans infection sensitivity by the LIN-7 cell junction protein. Cell Microbiol. 2012;14:1584-99 pubmed publisher..Finally, consistent with lin-7 acting as a general host infection factor, lin-7 mutants also exhibited enhanced survival upon infection by two other Gram-negative pathogens, Pseudomonas and Salmonella spp. ..
- Li Q, Wong Y, Kang C. Solution structure of the transmembrane domain of the insulin receptor in detergent micelles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:1313-21 pubmed publisher..Although purified IR(940-988) in micelles existed mainly as a monomeric form verified by gel filtration and relaxation analysis, cross-linking study suggests that it may form a dimer or oligomers under micelle conditions. ..
- De Franco E, Flanagan S, Yagi T, Abreu D, Mahadevan J, Johnson M, et al. Dominant ER Stress-Inducing WFS1 Mutations Underlie a Genetic Syndrome of Neonatal/Infancy-Onset Diabetes, Congenital Sensorineural Deafness, and Congenital Cataracts. Diabetes. 2017;66:2044-2053 pubmed publisher..This syndrome has a discrete pathophysiology and differs genetically and clinically from recessive Wolfram syndrome. ..
- Kuleesha -, Feng L, Wasser M. Spatial pattern analysis of nuclear migration in remodelled muscles during Drosophila metamorphosis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:329 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in vivo imaging and quantitative image analysis of Drosophila metamorphosis promise to provide novel insights into the relationship between muscle wasting and myonuclear positioning. ..
- Udolph G, Rath P, Chia W. A requirement for Notch in the genesis of a subset of glial cells in the Drosophila embryonic central nervous system which arise through asymmetric divisions. Development. 2001;128:1457-66 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that Notch signalling positively regulates glial cells missing (gcm) expression in the context of SPG development. ..
- Ji J, He B, Dheen S, Tay S. Interactions of chemokines and chemokine receptors mediate the migration of mesenchymal stem cells to the impaired site in the brain after hypoglossal nerve injury. Stem Cells. 2004;22:415-27 pubmed..This study provides an important insight into the understanding of the mechanisms governing the trafficking of transplanted rMSCs and also significantly expands the potential role of MSCs in cell therapy for brain injuries and diseases. ..
- Tai G, Lu L, Johannes L, Hong W. Functional analysis of Arl1 and golgin-97 in endosome-to-TGN transport using recombinant Shiga toxin B fragment. Methods Enzymol. 2005;404:442-53 pubmed..1997; Mallard et al., 1998, 2002; Tai et al., 2004). We describe here the application of these assays to study the role of a small GTPase Arl1 and its effector golgin-97 in this transport process. ..