Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on light in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
- Yap K, Liu X, Thenmozhiyal J, Ho P. Characterization of the 13-cis-retinoic acid/cyclodextrin inclusion complexes by phase solubility, photostability, physicochemical and computational analysis. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2005;25:49-56 pubmed..The results showed that HP-beta-CD was a proper excipient for increasing solubility and stability of 13-cis-RA. ..
- Lavanya R, Kawasaki R, Tay W, Cheung G, Mitchell P, Saw S, et al. Hyperopic refractive error and shorter axial length are associated with age-related macular degeneration: the Singapore Malay Eye Study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:6247-52 pubmed publisher..01) increased risk of early AMD, respectively. No significant association was noted of refractive error and ocular biometry with late AMD. Hyperopic refractive error and shorter axial length are associated with early AMD in Asian eyes. ..
- Liu T, Teng W, Chan B, Chew S. Photochemical crosslinked electrospun collagen nanofibers: synthesis, characterization and neural stem cell interactions. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;95:276-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings support the potential of acetic acid-electrospun photochemical crosslinked collagen nanofibers for neural tissue engineering. ..
- Korolev N, Berezhnoy N, Eom K, Tam J, Nordenskiöld L. A universal description for the experimental behavior of salt-(in)dependent oligocation-induced DNA condensation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7137-50 pubmed publisher..Implications from our findings for understanding DNA condensation in chromatin are discussed. ..
- Yang C, Li H, Goh S, Li J. Cationic star polymers consisting of alpha-cyclodextrin core and oligoethylenimine arms as nonviral gene delivery vectors. Biomaterials. 2007;28:3245-54 pubmed
- Ghate V, Ng K, Zhou W, Yang H, Khoo G, Yoon W, et al. Antibacterial effect of light emitting diodes of visible wavelengths on selected foodborne pathogens at different illumination temperatures. Int J Food Microbiol. 2013;166:399-406 pubmed publisher..This study suggests the potential of 461 and 521 nm LEDs in combination with chilling to be used as a novel food preservation technology. ..
- Tan C, Au Eong K, Lee H. Visual experiences during different stages of LASIK: Zyoptix XP microkeratome vs Intralase femtosecond laser. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;143:90-96 pubmed..Many also experience various visual sensations intraoperatively, and 19.5% of patients are frightened by their visual experiences. ..
- Idris N, Gnanasammandhan M, Zhang J, Ho P, Mahendran R, Zhang Y. In vivo photodynamic therapy using upconversion nanoparticles as remote-controlled nanotransducers. Nat Med. 2012;18:1580-5 pubmed publisher..As the first demonstration, to the best of our knowledge, of the photosensitizer-loaded UCN as an in vivo-targeted PDT agent, this finding may serve as a platform for future noninvasive deep-cancer therapy...
- Stamm P, Kumar P. Auxin and gibberellin responsive Arabidopsis SMALL AUXIN UP RNA36 regulates hypocotyl elongation in the light. Plant Cell Rep. 2013;32:759-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that it could act as one of the converging points of auxin and gibberellin signal integration in controlling key plant developmental events. Hence, we named the gene RESPONSE TO AUXINS AND GIBBERELLINS 1 (RAG1). ..
- Xu H, Wang X, Yu T, Sun H, Zhang B. Radiation-suppressed plasmonic open resonators designed by nonmagnetic transformation optics. Sci Rep. 2012;2:784 pubmed publisher..An experimentally verifiable model is subsequently proposed for future experimental demonstration. Our design may find potential applications in omnidirectional sensing, light harvesting, energy storage and plasmonic lasing. ..
- Pang H, Yang H, Guo C, Li C. Functionalization of SnO? photoanode through Mg-doping and TiO?-coating to synergically boost dye-sensitized solar cell performance. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2012;4:6261-5 pubmed publisher..15% was obtained for solar cells fabricated with the SnO?-based photoelectrode, exhibiting beyond 5-fold improvement in comparison with pure SnO? nanomterials photoelectrode DSC (0.85%)...
- Shi H, Kwok R, Liu J, Xing B, Tang B, Liu B. Real-time monitoring of cell apoptosis and drug screening using fluorescent light-up probe with aggregation-induced emission characteristics. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:17972-81 pubmed publisher..The probe provides a new opportunity to screen enzyme inhibitors and evaluate the apoptosis-associated drug efficacy. ..
- Wuang S, Neoh K, Kang E, Pack D, Leckband D. HER-2-mediated endocytosis of magnetic nanospheres and the implications in cell targeting and particle magnetization. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2270-9 pubmed publisher..The combination of these cell-targeting magnetic carriers with chemotherapeutic agents will be highly advantageous for the preferential killing of cancer cells in hyperthermia treatment. ..
- Diao Y, Liu X. Mysterious coloring: structural origin of color mixing for two breeds of Papilio butterflies. Opt Express. 2011;19:9232-41 pubmed publisher..The investigation of the color mixing mechanisms of these biologically photonic nanostructures may offer a convenient way for fabricating optical devices based on biomimicry. ..
- Gao J, Chen R, Li D, Jiang L, Ye J, Ma X, et al. UV light emitting transparent conducting tin-doped indium oxide (ITO) nanowires. Nanotechnology. 2011;22:195706 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a room temperature ultraviolet light emission is observed in these ITO nanowires for the first time, and the exciton-related radiative process is identified by using temperature-dependent photoluminescence measurements...
- Wei J, Tan B, Bai Y, Ma J, Lu X. Self-assembly behaviors of telechelic poly(styrene-ran-sodium styrenesulfonate) with polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as end groups. J Phys Chem B. 2011;115:1929-35 pubmed publisher..The studies reveal that the strong aggregation propensity of POSS leads to a low critical micelle concentration and induces the aggregation of micelles. Hollow supermicellar structures can be observed at a low concentration of 1 mg/mL. ..
- Cheng R, Krishnan S, Jesuthasan S. Activation and inhibition of tph2 serotonergic neurons operate in tandem to influence larval zebrafish preference for light over darkness. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20788 pubmed publisher..In particular, these results suggest that fish prefer swimming in conditions that elicits lower activity in tph2 serotonergic neurons in the rostral raphe. ..
- Mohammad F, Aryal S, Ho J, Stewart J, Norman N, Tan T, et al. Ancient Anxiety Pathways Influence Drosophila Defense Behaviors. Curr Biol. 2016;26:981-6 pubmed publisher..The presence of conserved neurogenetic pathways in the insect brain identifies Drosophila as an attractive genetic model for the study of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders, complementing existing rodent systems. ..
- Zhao J, Mi Y, Feng S. Targeted co-delivery of docetaxel and siPlk1 by herceptin-conjugated vitamin E TPGS based immunomicelles. Biomaterials. 2013;34:3411-21 pubmed publisher..042, 0.0032 and 0.000671 ?g/mL for SK-BR-3 cells after 24 h treatment by Taxotere(®), and docetaxel formulated in the TPGS micelles, the TPGS-siPlk1/TPGS micelles and the herceptin-conjugated TPGS-siPlk1/TPGS micelles, respectively. ..
- Xia X, Luo J, Zeng Z, Guan C, Zhang Y, Tu J, et al. Integrated photoelectrochemical energy storage: solar hydrogen generation and supercapacitor. Sci Rep. 2012;2:981 pubmed publisher..Specific capacitances of 482 F g(-1) at 0.5 A g(-1) and 287 F g(-1) at 1 A g(-1) are obtained with TiO(2)/Ni(OH)(2) nanorod arrays. This study provides a new research strategy for integrated pseudocapacitor and solar energy application...
- Lai W, Lim B, Phua P, Tiaw K, Teo H, Hong M. Generation of radially polarized beam with a segmented spiral varying retarder. Opt Express. 2008;16:15694-9 pubmed..The emergent polarization can be switched between radially and azimuthally polarized cylindrical vector beams with a pair of half-wave plates. ..
- Wang X, Tan B, Sun M, Ho B, Ding J. Thioredoxin-like 6 protects retinal cell line from photooxidative damage by upregulating NF-kappaB activity. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:336-44 pubmed publisher..The identification of TXNL6 and the demonstration of its protective mechanism offer new insights into treatment possibilities for photoreceptor cell degradation. ..
- Cao D, Hussain A, Cheng H, Peng J. Loss of function of four DELLA genes leads to light- and gibberellin-independent seed germination in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2005;223:105-13 pubmed..Therefore, DELLA proteins likely act as integrators of environmental and endogenous cues to regulate seed germination. ..