Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Fu J, Tay S, Ling E, Dheen S. High glucose alters the expression of genes involved in proliferation and cell-fate specification of embryonic neural stem cells. Diabetologia. 2006;49:1027-38 pubmed..These changes may form the basis for the defective neural tube patterning observed in embryos of diabetic pregnancies. ..
- Toh H, Sun L, Soe Y, Wu Y, Phoon Y, Chia W, et al. G-CSF induces a potentially tolerant gene and immunophenotype profile in T cells in vivo. Clin Immunol. 2009;132:83-92 pubmed publisher..Th17 cells have been implicated in autoimmune diseases and GVHD pathophysiology. Our study is the first to report the effect of G-CSF on the Th17 subpopulation. ..
- Nasirudeen A, Liu D. Gene expression profiling by microarray analysis reveals an important role for caspase-1 in dengue virus-induced p53-mediated apoptosis. J Med Virol. 2009;81:1069-81 pubmed publisher..Gene silencing of caspase-1 or inhibition of caspase-1 activity led to reduction in dengue virus-induced apoptosis with minimal effect on virus replication. ..
- Fu X, Toh W, Liu H, Lu K, Li M, Hande M, et al. Autologous feeder cells from embryoid body outgrowth support the long-term growth of human embryonic stem cells more effectively than those from direct differentiation. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2010;16:719-33 pubmed publisher..This study helps to standardize the autologous culture of hESCs. It also suggests a more definite direction for future development of xeno-free culture system for hESCs. ..
- Zhang H, Zhao C, Li X, Zhu Y, Gan C, Wang Y, et al. Study of monocyte membrane proteome perturbation during lipopolysaccharide-induced tolerance using iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic approach. Proteomics. 2010;10:2780-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings could be of significance in understanding the mechanism of LPS tolerance and provide values for designing new approaches for regulating monocytic responses in sepsis patients. ..
- Sepramaniam S, Ying L, Armugam A, Wintour E, Jeyaseelan K. MicroRNA-130a represses transcriptional activity of aquaporin 4 M1 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12006-15 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies revealed that LNA(TM) anti-miR-130a could up-regulate the AQP4 M1 transcript and its protein to bring about a reduction in cerebral infarct and promote recovery. ..
- Chua C, Lim Y, Lee M, Tang B. Non-classical membrane trafficking processes galore. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3722-30 pubmed publisher..The routes of intracellular membrane transport and communications between eukaryotic organelles now appear far more complex that one would have imagined 10 years ago. ..
- Voon D, Wang H, Koo J, Chai J, Hor Y, Tan T, et al. EMT-induced stemness and tumorigenicity are fueled by the EGFR/Ras pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70427 pubmed publisher..These data show that the EGFR/Ras pathway requisite for the sustenance of gastric stem cells in vivo and in vitro is involved in the genesis and promotion of EMT-induced tumor-initiating cells. ..
- Rust W, Sadasivam A, Dunn N. Three-dimensional extracellular matrix stimulates gastrulation-like events in human embryoid bodies. Stem Cells Dev. 2006;15:889-904 pubmed..Furthermore, we identify a synthetic three-dimensional scaffold capable of supporting EB formation that partially mimics the effects of Matrigel. ..
- Inoue K, Ito K, Osato M, Lee B, Bae S, Ito Y. The transcription factor Runx3 represses the neurotrophin receptor TrkB during lineage commitment of dorsal root ganglion neurons. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24175-84 pubmed..Taken together, Runx3 determines TrkC positive sensory neuron identities through the transcriptional repression of TrkB when Trk-BTrkC double positive neurons differentiate into TrkC single positive neurons. ..
- Wong H, Li M, Kroll J, Hibberd M, Langford P. Genome wide expression profiling reveals suppression of host defence responses during colonisation by Neisseria meningitides but not N. lactamica. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26130 pubmed publisher..lactamica differentially regulate host respiratory epithelial cell gene expression through colonisation and/or protein secretion, and that this may contribute to subsequent clinical outcomes associated with these bacteria...
- Singh B, Sinha R, Zhou J, Tripathi M, Ohba K, Wang M, et al. Hepatic FOXO1 Target Genes Are Co-regulated by Thyroid Hormone via RICTOR Protein Deacetylation and MTORC2-AKT Protein Inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:198-214 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that RICTOR/MTORC2-AKT can integrate convergent hormonal and metabolic signals to provide coordinated and sensitive regulation of hepatic FOXO1-target gene expression. ..
- Ling L, Camilleri E, Helledie T, Samsonraj R, Titmarsh D, Chua R, et al. Effect of heparin on the biological properties and molecular signature of human mesenchymal stem cells. Gene. 2016;576:292-303 pubmed publisher..It also highlights the need for careful evaluation of the bone marrow compartment in patients receiving chronic heparin treatment. ..
- KilpelÃ¤inen T, Carli J, Skowronski A, Sun Q, Kriebel J, Feitosa M, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis uncovers novel loci influencing circulating leptin levels. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10494 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the regulation of leptin production by adipose tissue and open new avenues for examining the influence of variation in leptin levels on adiposity and metabolic health. ..
- Hong W. SNAREs and traffic. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1744:493-517 pubmed..In the post-genomic era, a fairly complete list of "all" SNAREs in several organisms (including human) can now be made. This review aims to summarize the key properties and the mechanism of action of SNAREs in mammalian cells...
- Yang S, Leow C, Tan T. Expression patterns of cytokine, growth factor and cell cycle-related genes after partial hepatectomy in rats with thioacetamide-induced cirrhosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:1063-70 pubmed
- Maubach G, Lim M, Zhuo L. Nuclear cathepsin F regulates activation markers in rat hepatic stellate cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4238-48 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a possible link between nuclear cathepsin F activity and the transcriptional regulation of hepatic stellate cell activation markers. ..
- Pott S, Kamrani N, Bourque G, Pettersson S, Liu E. PPARG binding landscapes in macrophages suggest a genome-wide contribution of PU.1 to divergent PPARG binding in human and mouse. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48102 pubmed publisher..1-dependent manner and yet permit for nuanced regulatory changes in individual species. ..
- Arora P, Baena A, Yu K, Saini N, Kharkwal S, Goldberg M, et al. A single subset of dendritic cells controls the cytokine bias of natural killer T cell responses to diverse glycolipid antigens. Immunity. 2014;40:105-16 pubmed publisher..These findings show flexibility in the outcome of two-way communication between CD8?(+) dendritic cells and iNKT cells, providing a mechanism for biasing toward either proinflammatory or anti-inflammatory responses. ..
- Eng G, Edison -, Virshup D. Site-specific phosphorylation of casein kinase 1 δ (CK1δ) regulates its activity towards the circadian regulator PER2. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177834 pubmed publisher..The regulation of CK1δ by site-specific phosphorylation via the cell cycle and other signaling pathways provides a mechanism to couple external stimuli to regulation of CK1δ-dependent pathways including the circadian clock. ..
- Kwok Z, Tay Y. Long noncoding RNAs: lincs between human health and disease. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:805-812 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the potential of lncRNAs as diagnostic and therapeutic targets for clinical applications. ..
- Luo L, Siah C, Cai Y. Engrailed acts with Nejire to control decapentaplegic expression in the Drosophila ovarian stem cell niche. Development. 2017;144:3224-3231 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study defines the molecular pathway controlling dpp expression in the Drosophila ovarian stem cell niche. ..
- Ang E, Wong P, Moochhala S, Ng Y. Neuroprotection associated with running: is it a result of increased endogenous neurotrophic factors?. Neuroscience. 2003;118:335-45 pubmed..The present findings suggest that neuroprotection after physical exercise may be a result of an increase in an endogenous neurotrophic factor nerve growth factor and the proliferation of its receptive cholinergic neurons. ..
- Beguin P, Mahalakshmi R, Nagashima K, Cher D, Takahashi A, Yamada Y, et al. 14-3-3 and calmodulin control subcellular distribution of Kir/Gem and its regulation of cell shape and calcium channel activity. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1923-34 pubmed
- Xue L, Lu J, Cao Q, Hu S, Ding P, Ling E. Müller glial cells express nestin coupled with glial fibrillary acidic protein in experimentally induced glaucoma in the rat retina. Neuroscience. 2006;139:723-32 pubmed
- Lim S, Luo M, Koh M, Yang M, bin Abdul Kadir M, Tan J, et al. Distinct mechanisms involving diverse histone deacetylases repress expression of the two gonadotropin beta-subunit genes in immature gonadotropes, and their actions are overcome by gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4105-20 pubmed
- Feng B, Jiang J, Kraus P, Ng J, Heng J, Chan Y, et al. Reprogramming of fibroblasts into induced pluripotent stem cells with orphan nuclear receptor Esrrb. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:197-203 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicate that it is possible to reprogram MEFs without exogenous Klf transcription factors and link a nuclear receptor to somatic cell reprogramming. ..
- Kwong S, Woods A, Mirtschin P, Ge R, Kini R. The recruitment of blood coagulation factor X into snake venom gland as a toxin: the role of promoter cis-elements in its expression. Thromb Haemost. 2009;102:469-78 pubmed publisher..VERSE is primarily responsible for the increase of trocarin D expression. The insertions/deletions within trocarin D intron 1 need to be characterised for their role in tissue-specific and inducible expression of trocarin D. ..
- Du J, Zeng J, Zhao Y, Boulaire J, Wang S. The combined use of viral transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulatory elements to improve baculovirus-mediated transient gene expression in human embryonic stem cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;109:1-8 pubmed publisher..This new viral vector for temporary transgene expression might become a useful tool for developmental biology studies and biomedical applications of hES cells. ..
- Li P, Wong J, Sum C, Sin W, Ng K, Koh M, et al. IRF8 and IRF3 cooperatively regulate rapid interferon-? induction in human blood monocytes. Blood. 2011;117:2847-54 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose a model for the rapid induction of IFN-? in monocytes, whereby IRF8 and PU.1 form a scaffold complex on the IFN-? promoter to facilitate the recruitment of IRF3, thus enabling rapid IFN-? transcription. ..
- Sivakumar V, Foulds W, Luu C, Ling E, Kaur C. Retinal ganglion cell death is induced by microglia derived pro-inflammatory cytokines in the hypoxic neonatal retina. J Pathol. 2011;224:245-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that activated microglial cells in hypoxic neonatal retina produce increased amounts of TNF-? and IL-1? that could induce RGC death. ..
- Cheng C, Ho W, Goh F, Guan S, Kong L, Lai W, et al. Anti-malarial drug artesunate attenuates experimental allergic asthma via inhibition of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20932 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel therapeutic value for artesunate in the treatment of allergic asthma. ..
- Kam S, Hennessy T, Chua S, Gan C, Philp R, Hon K, et al. Characterization of the human gastric fluid proteome reveals distinct pH-dependent protein profiles: implications for biomarker studies. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:4535-46 pubmed publisher..Consequently, sample stratification, choice of proteomic approaches, and validation strategy can profoundly affect the interpretation of biomarker findings. These observations should help to refine gastric fluid biomarker studies. ..
- Zhang W, Thompson B, Hietakangas V, Cohen S. MAPK/ERK signaling regulates insulin sensitivity to control glucose metabolism in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002429 pubmed publisher..The MAPK/ERK pathway acts via the ETS-1 transcription factor Pointed. This mechanism permits physiological adjustment of insulin sensitivity and subsequent maintenance of circulating glucose at appropriate levels. ..
- Yu H, Lui Y, Xiong S, Leong W, Wen F, Nurkahfianto H, et al. Insights into the role of focal adhesion modulation in myogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:136-47 pubmed publisher..This technology increases our toolkit choice for controlled differentiation in muscle engineering. ..
- Dai L, Aye Thu C, Liu X, Xi J, Cheung P. TAK1, more than just innate immunity. IUBMB Life. 2012;64:825-34 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on recent developments and also examine the regulation of TAK1 in response to a diverse range of other stimuli including DNA damage, transforming growth factor-?, Wnt, osmotic stress, and hypoxia. ..
- Chia J, Goh G, Racine V, Ng S, Kumar P, Bard F. RNAi screening reveals a large signaling network controlling the Golgi apparatus in human cells. Mol Syst Biol. 2012;8:629 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a genetic overview of the signaling pathways that control the Golgi apparatus in human cells. ..
- Lim C, Cao X. Serine phosphorylation and negative regulation of Stat3 by JNK. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31055-61 pubmed..The inhibitory effect was not observed for Stat1. Our results suggest that Stat3 is a target of JNK that may regulate Stat3 activity via both Ser-727 phosphorylation-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Zhang T, Tan Y, Fu J, Lui D, Ning Y, Jirik F, et al. The regulation of retina specific expression of rhodopsin gene in vertebrates. Gene. 2003;313:189-200 pubmed..Our investigation suggests that the regulation of retinal specific expression is conserved in the pufferfish, frog and mouse and that the ancestral intron-containing rhodopsin gene has been displaced by an intronless copy in teleosts...
- Howe H, Cheung P, Kong K, Badsha H, Thong B, Leong K, et al. Transforming growth factor beta-1 and gene polymorphisms in oriental ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2005;44:51-4 pubmed..Activation of AS PBMCs led to enhanced TGFbeta1 production accompanied by reduction of TNFalpha and IFNgamma while the converse was observed in normal controls. ..
- Sabapathy K, Wagner E. JNK2: a negative regulator of cellular proliferation. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:1520-3 pubmed..These data therefore suggests that JNK2, in contrast to JNK1, is a negative regulator of cellular proliferation in multiple cell types. ..
- Wang H, Tan J, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of vitellogenin genes in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene. 2005;356:91-100 pubmed..In situ hybridization experiments confirmed that the extrahepatic expression was actually in adipocytes associated with several organs such as the intestine, ovary, and E2-induced testis. ..
- Wang H, Wong P, Spiess J, Zhu Y. Cholecystokinin-2 (CCK2) receptor-mediated anxiety-like behaviors in rats. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2005;29:1361-73 pubmed..CCK(2) receptor expression was greater in PVG hooded than in SD rats in the cortex and hippocampus. Genetic studies also demonstrated four differences in the DNA sequence of the CCK(2) receptor gene between the two rat strains. ..
- Tan A, Wong S, Lam K. Regulation of mouse inducible costimulator (ICOS) expression by Fyn-NFATc2 and ERK signaling in T cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28666-78 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that Fyn-calcineurin-NFATc2 and MEK2-ERK1/2 are two independent signaling pathways that cooperate to control T cell receptor-mediated ICOS induction. ..
- Lim C, Yao F, Wong J, George J, Xu H, Chiu K, et al. Genome-wide mapping of RELA(p65) binding identifies E2F1 as a transcriptional activator recruited by NF-kappaB upon TLR4 activation. Mol Cell. 2007;27:622-35 pubmed..Global gene expression profiling subsequently revealed a spectrum of NF-kappaB target genes that are positively regulated by E2F1, further demonstrating the critical role of E2F1 in the Toll-like receptor 4 pathway. ..
- Tavintharan S, Lim S, Sum C. Effects of niacin on cell adhesion and early atherogenesis: biochemical and functional findings in endothelial cells. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2009;104:206-10 pubmed publisher..Apart from its lipid-modifying effects, these pleiotropic effects of niacin may potentially contribute to the beneficial effects of risk reduction for atherosclerotic disease. ..
- Zhu H, Riau A, Beuerman R. Epithelial microfilament regulators show regional distribution in mouse conjunctiva. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2215-24 pubmed..This study was designed to investigate the distribution and levels of expression of a subset of microfilament regulators in the forniceal, palpebral, and bulbar conjunctival epithelia...
- Fu X, Toh W, Liu H, Lu K, Li M, Cao T. Establishment of clinically compliant human embryonic stem cells in an autologous feeder-free system. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2011;17:927-37 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study suggested a strategy for efficient propagation of clinically compliant hESCs in an autologous feeder-free culture system. ..
- Wong T, Zhou L, Li J, Tong L, Zhao S, Li X, et al. Proteomic profiling of inflammatory signaling molecules in the tears of patients on chronic glaucoma medication. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:7385-91 pubmed publisher..To identify the tear proteins associated with the long-term use of glaucoma medication by using proteomic analysis and to compare these proteins to those previously reported in primary dry eye disease...
- Sundaram J, Chan E, Poore C, Pareek T, Cheong W, Shui G, et al. Cdk5/p25-induced cytosolic PLA2-mediated lysophosphatidylcholine production regulates neuroinflammation and triggers neurodegeneration. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1020-34 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings delineate a potential therapeutic target for the reduction of neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative diseases including AD. ..
- Shei W, Liu J, Htoon H, Aung T, Vithana E. Differential expression of the Slc4 bicarbonate transporter family in murine corneal endothelium and cell culture. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1096-106 pubmed..Moreover, as cell culture can affect expression levels of Slc4 genes, caution and careful design of experiments are necessary when undertaking studies of Slc4-mediated ion transport in cultured cells. ..
- Lim A, Lorthongpanich C, Chew T, Tan C, Shue Y, Balu S, et al. The nuage mediates retrotransposon silencing in mouse primordial ovarian follicles. Development. 2013;140:3819-25 pubmed publisher..However, these null-mutant females, unlike their male counterparts, are fertile, uncoupling retrotransposon activation from sterility. ..
- Han S, Ang H, Poh R, Chaurasia S, Peh G, Liu J, et al. Mice with a targeted disruption of Slc4a11 model the progressive corneal changes of congenital hereditary endothelial dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:6179-89 pubmed publisher..Our Slc4a11 KO mouse model successfully represents clinical manifestations of human CHED. We were able to show chronological corneal progression for the first time in a knockout mouse model as well as renal abnormalities. ..
- Lim K, Wong L. Finding consistent disease subnetworks using PFSNet. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:189-96 pubmed publisher..http://compbio.ddns.comp.nus.edu.sg:8080/pfsnet/ ..
- Yu F, Goh S, Dai R, Luo Y. Adenosine-containing molecules amplify glucose signaling and enhance txnip expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:932-42 pubmed publisher..The regulatory role of these molecules may be exerted via amplifying glucose signaling. Hence, this revelation may pave the way for interventions aimed toward metabolic disorders resulting from abnormal glucose homeostasis. ..
- Li Z, Lin Q, Chen J, Wu J, Lim T, Loh S, et al. Shotgun identification of the structural proteome of shrimp white spot syndrome virus and iTRAQ differentiation of envelope and nucleocapsid subproteomes. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1609-20 pubmed..A comprehensive identification of WSSV structural proteins and their localization should facilitate the studies of its assembly and mechanism of infection...
- Liao W, Bao Z, Cheng C, Mok Y, Wong W. Dendritic cell-derived interferon-gamma-induced protein mediates tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulation of human lung fibroblasts. Proteomics. 2008;8:2640-50 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated for the first time that DCIP is upregulated by TNF-alpha and also mediates TNF-alpha stimulation of human lung fibroblasts. Further studies on the role of DCIP in airway inflammation and remodeling are warranted. ..
- Ruedl C, Khameneh H, Karjalainen K. Manipulation of immune system via immortal bone marrow stem cells. Int Immunol. 2008;20:1211-8 pubmed publisher..This allows time consuming and cumulative in vitro experimental manipulations without sacrificing their ability to differentiate in vivo or in vitro to any hematopoietic lineage. ..
- Lai W, Irwan A, Goh H, Howe H, Yu D, Valle Oñate R, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of sphingosine kinase modulation in inflammatory arthritis. J Immunol. 2008;181:8010-7 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate SphK modulation may provide a novel approach in treating chronic autoimmune conditions such as RA by inhibiting the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Yu H, Kunarso G, Hong F, Stanton L. Zfp206, Oct4, and Sox2 are integrated components of a transcriptional regulatory network in embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31327-35 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Zfp206 is a key component of the core transcriptional regulatory network and together with Oct4 and Sox2 regulates differentiation of ESC. ..
- Chua L, Lim M, Chong P, Hu Z, Cheung N, Wong B. Impaired neuronal insulin signaling precedes A?42 accumulation in female A?PPsw/PS1?E9 mice. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012;29:783-91 pubmed publisher..Although the exact mechanisms underlining this connection remain unclear, our results suggest a possible early role for insulin signaling impairment leading to amyloid accumulation in A?PPsw/PS1?E9 mice. ..
- Kamran N, Takai Y, Miyoshi J, Biswas S, Wong J, Gasser S. Toll-like receptor ligands induce expression of the costimulatory molecule CD155 on antigen-presenting cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54406 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CD155 regulates T(h)2 differentiation. Targeting of CD155 in immunization protocols using peptides may represent a promising new approach to boost protective humoral immunity in viral vaccines. ..
- Zhu H, Yeo S, Ng J, Htoon H, Beuerman R. Moesin as a key cytoskeleton regulator in corneal fibrosis. Ocul Surf. 2013;11:119-32 pubmed publisher..58-, 0.53-, and 0.47-fold of control at the same PO days. : Moesin may be a potential drug target for inhibiting corneal fibrosis, and the details of moesin-related signaling pathways would be critical for understanding corneal fibrosis. ..
- Balasubramanian S, Poh K, Ong C, Kreyling W, Ong W, Yu L. The effect of primary particle size on biodistribution of inhaled gold nano-agglomerates. Biomaterials. 2013;34:5439-52 pubmed publisher..Together, results in this study indicate disintegration of nanosized agglomerates after inhalation and show impact of primary size of particles on subsequent biodistribution...
- Khor C, Miyake M, Chen L, Shi Y, Barathi V, Qiao F, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies ZFHX1B as a susceptibility locus for severe myopia. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:5288-94 pubmed publisher..These new data advance our understanding of the molecular pathogenesis of severe myopia. ..
- Zhang T, Kee W, Seow K, Fung W, Cao X. The coiled-coil domain of Stat3 is essential for its SH2 domain-mediated receptor binding and subsequent activation induced by epidermal growth factor and interleukin-6. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7132-9 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate a direct binding of Stat3 to the receptor. Taken together, our data reveal a novel role for the coiled-coil domain that regulates the early events in Stat3 activation and function. ..
- Wang H, Zhu Y, Farook J, Moochhala S, Teo A, Lee L, et al. Genetic variations in CCK2 receptor in PVG hooded and Sprague-Dawley rats and its mRNA expression on cat exposure. Behav Neurosci. 2003;117:385-90 pubmed..Acute treatment with a CCK2 agonist (CCK-4) or antagonist (LY225910) did not alter the level of CCK2 receptor expression, indicating no difference between the 2 strains in sensitivity of the CCK2 receptor to drugs. ..
- Rodda D, Chew J, Lim L, Loh Y, Wang B, Ng H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of nanog by OCT4 and SOX2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24731-7 pubmed..These studies extend the understanding of the pluripotent genetic regulatory network within which the Sox2-Oct4 complex are at the top of the regulatory hierarchy. ..
- Tan A, Goh S, Wong S, Lam K. T helper cell-specific regulation of inducible costimulator expression via distinct mechanisms mediated by T-bet and GATA-3. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:128-36 pubmed
- Yang Y, Ho S, Yap M. Mutated polyadenylation signals for controlling expression levels of multiple genes in mammalian cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009;102:1152-60 pubmed publisher..It will have wide-ranging applications in fields related to the study of biosynthesis of multi-subunit proteins, proteomic research on protein interactions, and multi-gene metabolic engineering. ..
- Xia J, He X, Bai Z, Yue G. Identification and characterization of 63 MicroRNAs in the Asian seabass Lates calcarifer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17537 pubmed publisher..Here, we described an approach to identify conserved miRNAs and characterized their expression patterns in different tissues for the first time in a food fish species Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer)...
- Thevathasan J, Tan E, Zheng H, Lin Y, Li Y, Inoue T, et al. The small GTPase HRas shapes local PI3K signals through positive feedback and regulates persistent membrane extension in migrating fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2228-37 pubmed publisher..We conclude that positive feedback between PI3K and HRas is essential for fibroblasts to spontaneously self-organize and generate a productive migratory response in the absence of spatial cues. ..
- Riechers S, Butland S, Deng Y, Skotte N, Ehrnhoefer D, Russ J, et al. Interactome network analysis identifies multiple caspase-6 interactors involved in the pathogenesis of HD. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1600-18 pubmed publisher..Characterization of the interaction network provides important new information regarding key pathways of interactors of CASP6 and highlights potential novel therapeutic targets for HD, AD and cerebral ischemia. ..
- Rialdi A, Campisi L, Zhao N, Lagda A, Pietzsch C, Ho J, et al. Topoisomerase 1 inhibition suppresses inflammatory genes and protects from death by inflammation. Science. 2016;352:aad7993 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Top1 inhibition could be used as therapy against life-threatening infections characterized by an acutely exacerbated immune response. ..
- Sato T, Sato C, Kadowaki A, Watanabe H, Ho L, Ishida J, et al. ELABELA-APJ axis protects from pressure overload heart failure and angiotensin II-induced cardiac damage. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:760-769 pubmed publisher..The different effects of ELA and Apelin on the expression of ACE and ACE2 implicate fine-tuned mechanisms for a ligand-induced APJ activation and downstream signalling. ..
- Lobie P, Sadir R, Graichen R, Mertani H, Morel G. Caveolar internalization of growth hormone. Exp Cell Res. 1999;246:47-55 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrate that caveolae constitute one pathway for the internalization of GH. Such an internalization pathway may also be utilized by other members of the cytokine receptor superfamily. ..
- Goh E, Zhu T, Leong W, Lobie P. c-Cbl is a negative regulator of GH-stimulated STAT5-mediated transcription. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3590-603 pubmed..Thus, c-Cbl is a negative regulator of GH-stimulated STAT5-mediated transcription by direction of STAT5 for proteosomal degradation. ..
- Li B. c-Abl in oxidative stress, aging and cancer. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:246-8 pubmed..In contrast, c-Abl takes on an auto-inhibiting conformation and its activation requires post-translational modifications such as phosphorylation and myristoylation. The physiological functions of c-Abl remain elusive. ..
- Li Q, Lee B, Zhang L. Genome-scale analysis of positional clustering of mouse testis-specific genes. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:7 pubmed..Our result suggests that testis-specific genes tend to cluster on the mouse chromosomes. This provides another piece of evidence for the hypothesis that clusters of tissue-specific genes do exist. ..
- Lakshmanan U, Porter A. Caspase-4 interacts with TNF receptor-associated factor 6 and mediates lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-kappaB-dependent production of IL-8 and CC chemokine ligand 4 (macrophage-inflammatory protein-1 ). J Immunol. 2007;179:8480-90 pubmed..Our data suggest that the TRAF6-caspase-4 interaction, triggered by LPS, leads to NF-kappaB-dependent transcriptional up-regulation and secretion of important cytokines and chemokines in innate immune signaling in human monocytic cells. ..
- Toh S, Gong J, Du G, Li J, Yang S, Ye J, et al. Up-regulation of mitochondrial activity and acquirement of brown adipose tissue-like property in the white adipose tissue of fsp27 deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2890 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggest that Fsp27 acts as a novel regulator in vivo to control WAT identity, mitochondrial activity and insulin sensitivity. ..
- Bozdech Z, Mok S, Hu G, Imwong M, Jaidee A, Russell B, et al. The transcriptome of Plasmodium vivax reveals divergence and diversity of transcriptional regulation in malaria parasites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:16290-5 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights into the biology of P. vivax and constitute an important resource for the development of therapeutic approaches. ..
- Wu S, Choo A, Yap M, Chan K. Role of Sonic hedgehog signaling and the expression of its components in human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2010;4:38-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new insight in understanding the SHH signaling in hESC and the further development of hESC differentiation for regenerative medicine. ..