Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drosophila proteins in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: drosophila proteins
- Poukkula M, Cliffe A, Changede R, Rørth P. Cell behaviors regulated by guidance cues in collective migration of border cells. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:513-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, guidance receptors steer movement of this cell group by differentially affecting multiple migration-related features. ..
- Harden N, Ricos M, Ong Y, Chia W, Lim L. Participation of small GTPases in dorsal closure of the Drosophila embryo: distinct roles for Rho subfamily proteins in epithelial morphogenesis. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 3):273-84 pubmed..Rather, our results suggest that while all &Rgr; subfamily p21s tested are required for dorsal closure, they act largely in parallel. ..
- Luo L, Chai P, Cai Y. Immunostaining of germline stem cells and the niche in Drosophila ovaries. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1035:1-7 pubmed publisher..This protocol has been optimized to enable explicit visualization of the niche structure, as well as to maximize the degree of multiplexing for protein labeling and detection. ..
- Kuleesha -, Feng L, Wasser M. Spatial pattern analysis of nuclear migration in remodelled muscles during Drosophila metamorphosis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:329 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in vivo imaging and quantitative image analysis of Drosophila metamorphosis promise to provide novel insights into the relationship between muscle wasting and myonuclear positioning. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Korzh V. Expression of zebrafish six1 during sensory organ development and myogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:781-6 pubmed..An increase of six1 expression was observed in the lateral line, muscles, and inner ear of the mind bomb mutant, illustrating a regulatory effect of the Notch pathway on expression of Six genes. ..
- Pek J, Kai T. A role for vasa in regulating mitotic chromosome condensation in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2011;21:39-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Vas functions during mitosis and may link the piRNA pathway to mitotic chromosome condensation in Drosophila. ..
- Tan C, Lee T, Weeraratne S, Korzh V, Lim T, Gong Z. Ziwi, the zebrafish homologue of the Drosophila piwi: co-localization with vasa at the embryonic genital ridge and gonad-specific expression in the adults. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:257-60 pubmed..During neurogenesis and organogenesis, its expression was detected in the CNS and fin buds. Starting from 24 hpf and later on, ziwi transcripts were found in the genital ridge. ..
- Xie Q, Guo H, Dallman G, Fang S, Weissman A, Chua N. SINAT5 promotes ubiquitin-related degradation of NAC1 to attenuate auxin signals. Nature. 2002;419:167-70 pubmed..Low expression of NAC1 in roots can be increased by treatment with a proteasome inhibitor, which indicates that SINAT5 targets NAC1 for ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis to downregulate auxin signals in plant cells. ..
- Pek J, Kai T. DEAD-box RNA helicase Belle/DDX3 and the RNA interference pathway promote mitotic chromosome segregation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12007-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the RNA helicase Belle/DDX3 and the RNA interference pathway perform a common role in regulating chromosome segregation in Drosophila and human somatic cells. ..
- Wong J, Li S, Lim E, Wang Y, Wang C, Zhang H, et al. A Cullin1-based SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase targets the InR/PI3K/TOR pathway to regulate neuronal pruning. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001657 pubmed publisher..Activation of the InR/PI3K/TOR pathway is sufficient to inhibit ddaC dendrite pruning. Thus, our findings provide a novel link between the E3 ligase and the InR/PI3K/TOR pathway during dendrite pruning. ..
- Varghese J, Lim S, Cohen S. Drosophila miR-14 regulates insulin production and metabolism through its target, sugarbabe. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2748-53 pubmed publisher..Regulation of sugarbabe levels by nutrients and by miR-14 combines to allow the fly to manage resource mobilization in a nutritionally variable environment. ..
- Naqvi N, Wong K, Tang X, Balasubramanian M. Type II myosin regulatory light chain relieves auto-inhibition of myosin-heavy-chain function. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:855-8 pubmed..We conclude that the sole essential function of RLCs in fission yeast is to relieve the auto-inhibition of myosin II function, which is mediated by the RLC-binding site, on the myosin heavy chain (MHC). ..
- Kirilly D, Wong J, Lim E, Wang Y, Zhang H, Wang C, et al. Intrinsic epigenetic factors cooperate with the steroid hormone ecdysone to govern dendrite pruning in Drosophila. Neuron. 2011;72:86-100 pubmed publisher..Thus, specific intrinsic epigenetic factors cooperate with steroid hormones to activate selective transcriptional programs, thereby initiating neuronal remodeling. ..
- Pek J, Patil V, Kai T. piRNA pathway and the potential processing site, the nuage, in the Drosophila germline. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:66-77 pubmed
- Zhang W, Thompson B, Hietakangas V, Cohen S. MAPK/ERK signaling regulates insulin sensitivity to control glucose metabolism in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002429 pubmed publisher..The MAPK/ERK pathway acts via the ETS-1 transcription factor Pointed. This mechanism permits physiological adjustment of insulin sensitivity and subsequent maintenance of circulating glucose at appropriate levels. ..
- Menon S, Osman Z, Chenchill K, Chia W. A positive feedback loop between Dumbfounded and Rolling pebbles leads to myotube enlargement in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:909-20 pubmed..This implicates the Duf-Rols7 positive feedback loop to the occurrence of fusion at specific sites along the membrane and provides a mechanism by which the rate of fusion is controlled. ..
- Yu F. Analysis of the roles of Pins and heterotrimeric G proteins in asymmetric division of Drosophila neuroblasts. Methods Enzymol. 2004;389:364-82 pubmed..This article describes methods of analyzing the role of Pins and heterotrimeric G proteins in Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric division. ..
- Cai Y, Yu F, Lin S, Chia W, Yang X. Apical complex genes control mitotic spindle geometry and relative size of daughter cells in Drosophila neuroblast and pI asymmetric divisions. Cell. 2003;112:51-62 pubmed..In sensory organ precursors, Bazooka/DaPKC and Pins/G alpha i localize to opposite sides of the cortex and function in opposition to generate a symmetric spindle. ..
- Wong Y, Too H. Identification of mammalian GFRalpha-2 splice isoforms. Neuroreport. 1998;9:3767-73 pubmed..The identity of these isoforms were further confirmed by the isolation of the gene and the characterisation of the splice junctions. ..
- Weavers H, Evans I, Martin P, Wood W. Corpse Engulfment Generates a Molecular Memory that Primes the Macrophage Inflammatory Response. Cell. 2016;165:1658-1671 pubmed publisher..This remarkable plasticity and capacity for memory places macrophages as key therapeutic targets for treatment of inflammatory disorders. ..
- Pobbati A, Chan S, Lee I, Song H, Hong W. Structural and functional similarity between the Vgll1-TEAD and the YAP-TEAD complexes. Structure. 2012;20:1135-40 pubmed publisher..Given its structural and functional similarity to YAP/TAZ, Vgll1 has the potential to promote cancer progression. ..
- Srinivas B, Woo J, Leong W, Roy S. A conserved molecular pathway mediates myoblast fusion in insects and vertebrates. Nat Genet. 2007;39:781-6 pubmed..These findings uncover a substantial degree of evolutionary conservation in the genetic regulation of myoblast fusion. ..
- Blanco J, Pandey R, Wasser M, Udolph G. Orthodenticle is necessary for survival of a cluster of clonally related dopaminergic neurons in the Drosophila larval and adult brain. Neural Dev. 2011;6:34 pubmed publisher..This poses otd as a lineage-specific and differential marker of a subset of clonally related DA neurons. Finally, we show that otd is required in those DA neurons for their survival. ..
- Chai P, Liu Z, Chia W, Cai Y. Hedgehog signaling acts with the temporal cascade to promote neuroblast cell cycle exit. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001494 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, hh is likely a target of Castor. Hence, Hh signaling provides a link between the temporal series and the asymmetric division machinery in scheduling the end of neurogenesis. ..
- Lim A, Tao L, Kai T. piRNAs mediate posttranscriptional retroelement silencing and localization to pi-bodies in the Drosophila germline. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:333-42 pubmed publisher..HeT-A mRNA is derepressed in mRNA degradation mutants twin, dcp1, and ski3, indicating that these enzymes also aid in removing full-length transcripts and/or decay intermediates. ..
- Hebbar S, Sahoo I, Matysik A, Argudo Garcia I, Osborne K, Papan C, et al. Ceramides And Stress Signalling Intersect With Autophagic Defects In Neurodegenerative Drosophila blue cheese (bchs) Mutants. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15926 pubmed publisher..This constellation of effects suggests a possible mechanism whereby the observed deficit in a potentially ceramide-releasing autophagic pathway impedes survival signaling and exacerbates neuronal death. ..
- Chen K, Koe C, Xing Z, Tian X, Rossi F, Wang C, et al. Arl2- and Msps-dependent microtubule growth governs asymmetric division. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:661-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Arl2- and Msps-dependent microtubule growth is a new paradigm regulating asymmetric division of neural stem cells. ..
- Bulchand S, Menon S, George S, Chia W. The intracellular domain of Dumbfounded affects myoblast fusion efficiency and interacts with Rolling pebbles and Loner. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9374 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an additive function of the intracellular domain of Duf and an early function of Rols and Loner which is independent of Duf. ..
- Wang H, Ng K, Qian H, Siderovski D, Chia W, Yu F. Ric-8 controls Drosophila neural progenitor asymmetric division by regulating heterotrimeric G proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1091-8 pubmed..In addition, Gbetagamma acts to restrict Galphai (and GoLoco proteins) to the apical cortex, where Galphai (and Pins) can mediate asymmetric spindle geometry. ..
- Yu F, Morin X, Kaushik R, Bahri S, Yang X, Chia W. A mouse homologue of Drosophila pins can asymmetrically localize and substitute for pins function in Drosophila neuroblasts. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:887-96 pubmed..We further show that Pins can fulfill all aspects of pins function in Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric cell divisions. Our results suggest a conservation of function between the fly and mammalian Pins homologues. ..
- Zhang H, Tay P, Cao W, Li W, Lu J. Integrin-nucleated Toll-like receptor (TLR) dimerization reveals subcellular targeting of TLRs and distinct mechanisms of TLR4 activation and signaling. FEBS Lett. 2002;532:171-6 pubmed..NF-kappaB activation by TLR2/1, TLR2/6 and the TLR4 monomer, but not TLR4/4, was completely inhibited by dominant negative MyD88, suggesting that TLR4 homodimers and monomers could activate NF-kappaB through different mechanisms. ..
- Lim R, Anand A, Nishimiya Fujisawa C, Kobayashi S, Kai T. Analysis of Hydra PIWI proteins and piRNAs uncover early evolutionary origins of the piRNA pathway. Dev Biol. 2014;386:237-51 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that various conserved features of PIWI proteins, the piRNA pathway, and their associations with the nuage were likely established before the evolution of bilaterians. ..
- Puah W, Wasser M. Live imaging of muscles in Drosophila metamorphosis: Towards high-throughput gene identification and function analysis. Methods. 2016;96:103-117 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss strategies to improve throughput of our pipeline to permit genome-wide screens in the future. ..
- Zihni C, Vlassaks E, Terry S, Carlton J, Leung T, Olson M, et al. An apical MRCK-driven morphogenetic pathway controls epithelial polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1049-1060 pubmed publisher..Our results identify an apical origin of actomyosin-driven morphogenesis that couples cytoskeletal reorganization to PAR polarity signalling. ..
- Ricos M, Harden N, Sem K, Lim L, Chia W. Dcdc42 acts in TGF-beta signaling during Drosophila morphogenesis: distinct roles for the Drac1/JNK and Dcdc42/TGF-beta cascades in cytoskeletal regulation. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 8):1225-35 pubmed..Signaling in the transforming-growth-factor-beta-like pathway is mediated by Dcdc42, and acts during the closure process to control the mechanics of the migration process, most likely via its putative effector kinase DPAK. ..
- Luo L, Siah C, Cai Y. Engrailed acts with Nejire to control decapentaplegic expression in the Drosophila ovarian stem cell niche. Development. 2017;144:3224-3231 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study defines the molecular pathway controlling dpp expression in the Drosophila ovarian stem cell niche. ..
- Kirilly D, Gu Y, Huang Y, Wu Z, Bashirullah A, Low B, et al. A genetic pathway composed of Sox14 and Mical governs severing of dendrites during pruning. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1497-505 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that a previously unknown pathway composed of Sox14 and its cytoskeletal target Mical governs dendrite severing. ..
- Bulchand S, Menon S, George S, Chia W. Muscle wasted: a novel component of the Drosophila histone locus body required for muscle integrity. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2697-707 pubmed publisher..We speculate that mute regulates terminal muscle differentiation possibly through heterochromatic reorganisation. ..
- Inaki M, Vishnu S, Cliffe A, Rørth P. Effective guidance of collective migration based on differences in cell states. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2027-32 pubmed publisher..Cell signaling states could manifest as differences in gene expression or metabolite levels and thus differ substantially from factors normally considered when analyzing eukaryotic cell guidance. ..
- Bahri S, Yang X, Chia W. The Drosophila bifocal gene encodes a novel protein which colocalizes with actin and is necessary for photoreceptor morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:5521-9 pubmed..On the basis of its subcellular localization and loss-of-function phenotype, we discuss possible roles of Bif in photoreceptor morphogenesis. ..
- Wang H, Ouyang Y, Somers W, Chia W, Lu B. Polo inhibits progenitor self-renewal and regulates Numb asymmetry by phosphorylating Pon. Nature. 2007;449:96-100 pubmed..Our results reveal a biochemical link between the cell cycle and the asymmetric protein localization machinery, and indicate that Polo can inhibit progenitor self-renewal by regulating the localization and function of Numb. ..
- Cai Y, Chia W, Yang X. A family of snail-related zinc finger proteins regulates two distinct and parallel mechanisms that mediate Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric divisions. EMBO J. 2001;20:1704-14 pubmed
- Bahri S, Choy J, Manser E, Lim L, Yang X. The Drosophila homologue of Arf-GAP GIT1, dGIT, is required for proper muscle morphogenesis and guidance during embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;325:15-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that dGIT and dPak are part of a complex that promotes proper muscle morphogenesis and myotube targeting during embryogenesis. ..
- Pek J, Anand A, Kai T. Tudor domain proteins in development. Development. 2012;139:2255-66 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the emerging roles of Tudor domain proteins during development, most notably in the Piwi-interacting RNA pathway, but also in other aspects of RNA metabolism, the DNA damage response and chromatin modification. ..
- Yang N, Inaki M, Cliffe A, Rørth P. Microtubules and Lis-1/NudE/dynein regulate invasive cell-on-cell migration in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40632 pubmed publisher..Spatial regulation of cell-cell adhesion may be a common theme, consistent with observing both cell autonomous and non-autonomous requirements in both systems. ..
- Roy S, Vijayraghavan K. Developmental biology: taking flight. Curr Biol. 2012;22:R63-5 pubmed publisher..Now, studies with the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster reveal the critical role of a conserved transcription factor in programming the development of specialized flight muscles. ..
- Wasser M, Chia W. The Drosophila EAST protein associates with a nuclear remnant during mitosis and constrains chromosome mobility. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1733-43 pubmed..We propose that EAST constitutes a component of a nucleoskeleton that helps to constrain the mobility of chromosomes in interphase, mitosis and meiosis. ..
- Tio M, Udolph G, Yang X, Chia W. cdc2 links the Drosophila cell cycle and asymmetric division machineries. Nature. 2001;409:1063-7 pubmed..Our findings link cdc2 with asymmetric divisions, and explain why the asymmetric localization of molecules like Inscuteable show cell-cycle dependence. ..
- Wong E, Lim J, Low B, Chen Q, Guy G. Evidence for direct interaction between Sprouty and Cbl. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5866-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that one function of hSPRY2 in signaling processes downstream of RTKs may be to modulate c-Cbl physiological function such as that seen with receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Lee M, Toh L, Yaw L, Luo Y. Drosophila octamer elements and Pdm-1 dictate the coordinated transcription of core histone genes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9041-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, dmOCA-S is recruited to the Drosophila histone locus bodies in the S-phase, marking S-phase-specific transcription activation of core histone genes. ..
- Sousa Nunes R, Chia W, Somers W. Protein phosphatase 4 mediates localization of the Miranda complex during Drosophila neuroblast asymmetric divisions. Genes Dev. 2009;23:359-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Flfl may target PP4 to the MIra protein complex to facilitate dephosphorylation step(s) crucial for its cortical association/asymmetric localization. ..
- Lim J, Wong E, Ong S, Yusoff P, Low B, Guy G. Sprouty proteins are targeted to membrane ruffles upon growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase activation. Identification of a novel translocation domain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32837-45 pubmed..The translocation of this conserved domain, based on hSpry2 data, was independent of the activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase. ..
- Wang C, Lu R, Ouyang X, Ho M, Chia W, Yu F, et al. Drosophila overexpressing parkin R275W mutant exhibits dopaminergic neuron degeneration and mitochondrial abnormalities. J Neurosci. 2007;27:8563-70 pubmed
- Gordon D, Chia J, Jayawardena K, Antrobus R, Bard F, Peden A. VAMP3/Syb and YKT6 are required for the fusion of constitutive secretory carriers with the plasma membrane. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006698 pubmed publisher..The unexpected role of YKT6 in plasma membrane fusion may in part explain why RNAi and gene disruption studies have failed to produce the expected phenotypes in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Yu F, Morin X, Cai Y, Yang X, Chia W. Analysis of partner of inscuteable, a novel player of Drosophila asymmetric divisions, reveals two distinct steps in inscuteable apical localization. Cell. 2000;100:399-409 pubmed
- Patil V, Kai T. Repression of retroelements in Drosophila germline via piRNA pathway by the Tudor domain protein Tejas. Curr Biol. 2010;20:724-30 pubmed publisher..Aub and Spn-E also bind to the tudor domain at the C terminus. Our data suggest that Tej contributes to the formation of a macromolecular complex at perinuclear region and engages it in the production of germline piRNAs. ..
- Herranz H, Hong X, Hung N, Voorhoeve P, Cohen S. Oncogenic cooperation between SOCS family proteins and EGFR identified using a Drosophila epithelial transformation model. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1602-11 pubmed publisher..The human ortholog of SOCS36E, SOCS5, behaves as a candidate tumor suppressor in cellular transformation in cooperation with EGFR/RAS pathway activation. ..
- Eichenlaub T, Cohen S, Herranz H. Cell Competition Drives the Formation of Metastatic Tumors in a Drosophila Model of Epithelial Tumor Formation. Curr Biol. 2016;26:419-27 pubmed publisher..Analogous mechanisms for cytokinesis failure may lead to polyploid intermediates in tumorigenesis in mammalian cancer models. ..
- Tay S, Ingham P, Roy S. A homologue of the Drosophila kinesin-like protein Costal2 regulates Hedgehog signal transduction in the vertebrate embryo. Development. 2005;132:625-34 pubmed
- Ng C, Mok S, Koh C, Ouyang X, Fivaz M, Tan E, et al. Parkin protects against LRRK2 G2019S mutant-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11257-62 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest a potential link between LRRK2, parkin, and mitochondria in the pathogenesis of LRRK2-related parkinsonism. ..
- Hong X, Hammell M, Ambros V, Cohen S. Immunopurification of Ago1 miRNPs selects for a distinct class of microRNA targets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15085-90 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a complex relationship among different features in miRNA-target recognition and poses a new challenge for computational prediction. ..
- Sung H, Telley I, Papadaki P, Ephrussi A, Surrey T, Rørth P. Drosophila ensconsin promotes productive recruitment of Kinesin-1 to microtubules. Dev Cell. 2008;15:866-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, spatial control of motor recruitment can provide additional regulatory control in Par-1 and microtubule-dependent cell polarity. ..
- Udolph G, Rath P, Tio M, Toh J, Fang W, Pandey R, et al. On the roles of Notch, Delta, kuzbanian, and inscuteable during the development of Drosophila embryonic neuroblast lineages. Dev Biol. 2009;336:156-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, there is differential requirement for insc for cell fate specification depending on the stage of lineage progression of NBs. ..
- Wasser M, Chia W. The extrachromosomal East protein of Drosophila can associate with polytene chromosomes and regulate gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e412 pubmed..We propose that EAST acts as an ion sensor that modulates gene expression in response to changing intracellular ion concentrations. ..
- Chang K, Garcia Alvarez G, Somers G, Sousa Nunes R, Rossi F, Lee Y, et al. Interplay between the transcription factor Zif and aPKC regulates neuroblast polarity and self-renewal. Dev Cell. 2010;19:778-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, reciprocal repression between Zif and aPKC act as a critical regulatory mechanism for establishing cell polarity and controlling neuroblast self-renewal. ..
- Herranz H, Hong X, Cohen S. Mutual repression by bantam miRNA and Capicua links the EGFR/MAPK and Hippo pathways in growth control. Curr Biol. 2012;22:651-7 pubmed publisher..Feedback regulation by bantam on Capicua provides a means to link signal propagation by the EGFR pathway to activity of the Hippo pathway and may play an important role in integration of these two pathways in growth control. ..
- Bahri S, Chia W, Yang X. Characterization and mutant analysis of the Drosophila sema 5c gene. Dev Dyn. 2001;221:322-30 pubmed..The Dsema 5C mutants are homozygous viable and show no obvious embryonic phenotypes, suggesting that the maternal and zygotic components of Dsema 5C are not essential for fly development. ..
- Yu F, Ong C, Chia W, Yang X. Membrane targeting and asymmetric localization of Drosophila partner of inscuteable are discrete steps controlled by distinct regions of the protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4230-40 pubmed..Moreover, the need for N-terminal Pins can be obviated by fusing a minimal Insc functional domain with the C-terminal region of Pins; this chimeric molecule is apically localized and can fulfill the functions of both Insc and Pins. ..
- Salvany L, Müller J, Guccione E, Rørth P. The core and conserved role of MAL is homeostatic regulation of actin levels. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1048-53 pubmed publisher..By regulating MAL/SRF activity, actin protein feeds back on production of actin mRNA to ensure sufficient supply of actin. This constitutes a dedicated homeostatic feedback system that provides a foundation for cellular actin dynamics. ..
- Wang L, Li Z, Cai Y. The JAK/STAT pathway positively regulates DPP signaling in the Drosophila germline stem cell niche. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:721-8 pubmed publisher..JAK/STAT signaling may also regulate dpp expression in the male GSC niche, suggesting a common origin of female and male GSC niches. ..
- Qiu X, Xu H, Haddon C, Lewis J, Jiang Y. Sequence and embryonic expression of three zebrafish fringe genes: lunatic fringe, radical fringe, and manic fringe. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:621-30 pubmed
- Anand A, Kai T. The tudor domain protein kumo is required to assemble the nuage and to generate germline piRNAs in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2012;31:870-82 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that kumo facilitates germline piRNA production by promoting piRNA cluster transcription in the nucleus and piRNA processing at the nuage. ..
- Pek J, Lim A, Kai T. Drosophila maelstrom ensures proper germline stem cell lineage differentiation by repressing microRNA-7. Dev Cell. 2009;17:417-24 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mael ensures proper differentiation in the GSC lineage by repressing miR-7. ..
- Cheah P, Chia W, Yang X. Jumeaux, a novel Drosophila winged-helix family protein, is required for generating asymmetric sibling neuronal cell fates. Development. 2000;127:3325-35 pubmed..Our results suggest that in addition to the correct formation of an apical complex, transcription mediated by Jumu is also necessary to facilitate the correct asymmetric localisation and segregation of Pon/Numb. ..
- Wang H, Cai Y, Chia W, Yang X. Drosophila homologs of mammalian TNF/TNFR-related molecules regulate segregation of Miranda/Prospero in neuroblasts. EMBO J. 2006;25:5783-93 pubmed..The Mira/Pros telophase rescue seen in inscuteable mutant NBs requires DTRAF1. Our data suggest that DTRAF1 binds to Baz and acts downstream of Egr in the Mira/Pros telophase rescue pathway. ..
- Yeow Fong L, Lim L, Manser E. SNX9 as an adaptor for linking synaptojanin-1 to the Cdc42 effector ACK1. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5040-8 pubmed
- Dey B, Wong Y, Too H. Cloning of a novel murine isoform of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor receptor. Neuroreport. 1998;9:37-42 pubmed..These two forms do not share high sequence homologies with the recently isolated neurturin receptor. Both the alpha and beta forms are expressed in various murine tissues but not in muscle. ..
- Murugasu Oei B, Balakrishnan R, Yang X, Chia W, Rodrigues V. Mutations in masquerade, a novel serine-protease-like molecule, affect axonal guidance and taste behavior in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1996;57:91-101 pubmed..The possibility that the observed deficits in taste behavior, exhibited by animals with partial loss of mas function, are a result of defects in the adult brain are discussed. ..
- Wang C, Li S, Januschke J, Rossi F, Izumi Y, Garcia Alvarez G, et al. An ana2/ctp/mud complex regulates spindle orientation in Drosophila neuroblasts. Dev Cell. 2011;21:520-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that the centrosomal proteins Ana2 and Ctp regulate Mud function to orient the mitotic spindle during NB asymmetric division. ..
- Tio M, Zavortink M, Yang X, Chia W. A functional analysis of inscuteable and its roles during Drosophila asymmetric cell divisions. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 10):1541-51 pubmed..Finally, we show that although inscuteable RNA is normally apically localised, RNA localisation is not required for protein localisation or any aspects of inscuteable function. ..