Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications381 found, 100 shown here
- Taupin P. BrdU immunohistochemistry for studying adult neurogenesis: paradigms, pitfalls, limitations, and validation. Brain Res Rev. 2007;53:198-214 pubmed
- Liu S, Ee P, Ke C, Hedrick J, Yang Y. Biodegradable poly(ethylene glycol)-peptide hydrogels with well-defined structure and properties for cell delivery. Biomaterials. 2009;30:1453-61 pubmed publisher..7-5.4mm achieved significantly improved cell attachment and greater cell proliferation rate when compared to the hydrogels without RGD peptides. These hydrogels may provide a platform technology to deliver cells for tissue repair. ..
- Li F, Rajendran P, Sethi G. Thymoquinone inhibits proliferation, induces apoptosis and chemosensitizes human multiple myeloma cells through suppression of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation pathway. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161:541-54 pubmed publisher..Our study has identified STAT3 signalling as a target of TQ and has thus raised its potential application in the prevention and treatment of MM and other cancers. ..
- Sudo M, Chin T, Mori S, Doan N, Said J, Akashi M, et al. Inhibiting proliferation of gefitinib-resistant, non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;71:1325-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combination of 17-DMAG and belinostat should be examined in a clinical trial for TKI-resistant NSCLC cell. ..
- Balasubramanian P, Prabhakaran M, Kai D, Ramakrishna S. Human cardiomyocyte interaction with electrospun fibrinogen/gelatin nanofibers for myocardial regeneration. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2013;24:1660-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the cardiomyocytes seeded on composite substrates expressed the typical functional cardiac proteins such as alpha-actinin, troponin I, connexin-43, and myosin heavy chain, and could be potential for application in cardiac TE. ..
- Lim U, Yap M, Lim Y, Goh L, Ng S. Identification of autocrine growth factors secreted by CHO cells for applications in single-cell cloning media. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3496-510 pubmed publisher..Complementary effects of these autocrine growth factors with other paracrine growth factors were also demonstrated when the mixture improved cloning efficiency to 42%, similar to that for the conditioned medium. ..
- Ng X, Huang Y, Chen H, Burnett J, Boey F, Venkatraman S. Cenderitide-eluting film for potential cardiac patch applications. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68346 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that these films could be used to inhibit fibrosis and reduce cardiac remodelling via local delivery as cardiac patches. ..
- Zhang J, Ahn K, Kim C, Shanmugam M, Siveen K, Arfuso F, et al. Nimbolide-Induced Oxidative Stress Abrogates STAT3 Signaling Cascade and Inhibits Tumor Growth in Transgenic Adenocarcinoma of Mouse Prostate Model. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2016;24:575-89 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings indicate that NL exhibits significant anticancer effects in PCa that may be primarily mediated through the ROS-regulated inhibition of STAT3 signaling cascade. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang W, Wu Z, Liu S, Sun L, Zhong Y, et al. Artemin is hypoxia responsive and promotes oncogenicity and increased tumor initiating capacity in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3267-82 pubmed publisher..We herein identify a novel HIF-1Î±/ARTN axis promoting CSC-like behavior in hypoxic environments which implicates ARTN as a valuable therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Lee F, Rangaiah G, Ray A. Multi-objective optimization of an industrial penicillin V bioreactor train using non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2007;98:586-98 pubmed..The effects of design and operating variables on the optimal solutions are discussed in detail. ..
- Shivaraj M, Marcy G, Low G, Ryu J, Zhao X, Rosales F, et al. Taurine induces proliferation of neural stem cells and synapse development in the developing mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42935 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence showing the effect of taurine on early postnatal neuronal development using a combination of in vitro, ex-vivo and in vivo systems. ..
- Manton K, Sadasivam M, Cool S, Nurcombe V. Bone-specific heparan sulfates induce osteoblast growth arrest and downregulation of retinoblastoma protein. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:219-29 pubmed..Overcoming such sugar-mediated inhibition may prove important for wound repair. ..
- Nayak T, Jian L, Phua L, Ho H, Ren Y, Pastorin G. Thin films of functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes as suitable scaffold materials for stem cells proliferation and bone formation. ACS Nano. 2010;4:7717-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that functionalized carbon nanotubes represent a suitable scaffold toward a very selective differentiation into bone. ..
- Hanif I, Pervaiz S. Repressing the activity of protein kinase CK2 releases the brakes on mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in cancer cells. Curr Drug Targets. 2011;12:902-8 pubmed..Here we provide a brief review of CK2-mediated inhibition of mitochondrial death signaling in cancer cells and its implications for the design of novel target specific therapeutic strategies. ..
- Tan X, Beuerman R, Poh C, Mehta J. WW Domain Containing Transcription Regulator regulates human conjunctiva epithelial cell proliferation via inhibiting TGF? signaling pathway [corrected]. Mol Vis. 2012;18:1402-10 pubmed..Moreover, TGF? receptor antibody and TGF? receptor inhibitor rescued this anti-proliferative effect of TAZ siRNA. TAZ is involved in human conjunctiva epithelial cells proliferation via regulating TGF? signaling pathway. ..
- Tang Q, Jiang D, Alonso S, Pant A, Martínez Gómez J, Kemeny D, et al. CD137 ligand signaling enhances myelopoiesis during infections. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:1555-67 pubmed publisher..This study reconciles earlier conflicting data by demonstrating that while CD137-CD137L interactions inhibit myelopoiesis during steady-state conditions they increase myelopoiesis during infection. ..
- Leow W, Sng I. Sinonasal haemangiopericytoma: histomorphology and differential diagnoses. Malays J Pathol. 2015;37:53-6 pubmed..The overall findings are in keeping with a sinonasal haemangiopericytoma. With clear surgical resection margins, the patient is on routine follow-up and is currently disease-free. ..
- Zhang H, Tasnim F, Ying J, Zink D. The impact of extracellular matrix coatings on the performance of human renal cells applied in bioartificial kidneys. Biomaterials. 2009;30:2899-911 pubmed publisher..This suggests that epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition-related processes might be the major obstacle in long-term applications and such processes should be carefully addressed in future BAK-related research. ..
- Gauthaman K, Yee F, Cheyyatraivendran S, Biswas A, Choolani M, Bongso A. Human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly stem cell (hWJSC) extracts inhibit cancer cell growth in vitro. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:2027-39 pubmed publisher..hWJSCs possess tumor inhibitory properties that are not specific to breast cancer cells alone and these effects are mediated via agents in its extracts. ..
- Nagarajan A, Dogra S, Sun L, Gandotra N, Ho T, Cai G, et al. Paraoxonase 2 Facilitates Pancreatic Cancer Growth and Metastasis by Stimulating GLUT1-Mediated Glucose Transport. Mol Cell. 2017;67:685-701.e6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results identify PON2 as a new modulator of glucose transport that regulates a pharmacologically tractable pathway necessary for PDAC tumor growth and metastasis. ..
- Leong C, Ong C, Tay S, Huynh H. Silencing expression of UO-44 (CUZD1) using small interfering RNA sensitizes human ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin in vitro. Oncogene. 2007;26:870-80 pubmed
- Baskar R, Sparatore A, Del Soldato P, Moore P. Effect of S-diclofenac, a novel hydrogen sulfide releasing derivative inhibit rat vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;594:1-8 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that S-diclofenac may be useful for the prevention of smooth muscle cell proliferation in diseases such as vascular obstructive and restenosis. ..
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Gehring A, Haniffa M, Kennedy P, Ho Z, Boni C, Shin A, et al. Mobilizing monocytes to cross-present circulating viral antigen in chronic infection. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3766-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data demonstrate that circulating viral antigen produced during chronic infection can serve as a personalized antigenic reservoir to activate virus-specific T cells. ..
- Fu D, Thomson C, Lunny D, Dopping Hepenstal P, McGrath J, Smith F, et al. Keratin 9 is required for the structural integrity and terminal differentiation of the palmoplantar epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:754-763 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that complete ablation of K9 is not tolerable in vivo and that K9 is required for terminal differentiation and maintaining the mechanical integrity of palmoplantar epidermis. ..
- Feng J, Chong M, Chan J, Zhang Z, Teoh S, Thian E. A scalable approach to obtain mesenchymal stem cells with osteogenic potency on apatite microcarriers. J Biomater Appl. 2014;29:93-103 pubmed publisher..001). Additionally, type I collagen and osteocalcin expression were 1.8- and 1.5-fold higher than that of adherent monolayer culture on day 12, respectively (pâ€‰<â€‰0.001). ..
- Ranjbar Mohammadi M, Prabhakaran M, Bahrami S, Ramakrishna S. Gum tragacanth/poly(l-lactic acid) nanofibrous scaffolds for application in regeneration of peripheral nerve damage. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;140:104-12 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that aligned PLLA/GT 75:25 nanofibers are promising substrates for application as bioengineered grafts for nerve tissue regeneration. ..
- Liu S, Li J, Tan D, Beuerman R. Expression and function of muscarinic receptor subtypes on human cornea and conjunctiva. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2987-96 pubmed..All five MR subtypes were found on corneal and conjunctival cells. The MRs have a role in epithelial cell proliferation through the phosphorylation of p42/44 MAPK in a time-dependent fashion similar to EGF. ..
- Kumar S, Dheen S, Tay S. Maternal diabetes induces congenital heart defects in mice by altering the expression of genes involved in cardiovascular development. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2007;6:34 pubmed..It is suggested that the down-regulation of genes involved in development of cardiac neural crest could contribute to the pathogenesis of maternal diabetes-induced congenital heart defects. ..
- Gullo C, Koh L, Pang W, Ho K, Tan S, Schwarz H. Inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis in multiple myeloma cell lines by CD137 ligand signaling. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10845 pubmed publisher..The selective inhibition of proliferation and induction of cell death in MM cells by CD137 ligand agonists may also warrant a closer evaluation of their therapeutic potential. ..
- Huang R, Wen C, Liao C, Wang S, Chou L, Wu J. Lysophosphatidic acid modulates the association of PTP1B with N-cadherin/catenin complex in SKOV3 ovarian cancer cells. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:833-41 pubmed publisher..This work provides further understanding of the early signalling events regulating ovarian cancer cell dispersal and AJ disruption induced by LPA. ..
- Wei H, Tan G, Manasi -, Qiu S, Kong G, Yong P, et al. One-step derivation of cardiomyocytes and mesenchymal stem cells from human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2012;9:87-100 pubmed publisher..In summary, we generated a large number of homogenous MSCs in conjunction with CMs in a low-cost and efficient one step manner. Functionally competent CMs and MSCs co-generated from hiPSCs may be useful for autologous cardiac repair. ..
- Wu Q, Chen X, Zhang J, Loh Y, Low T, Zhang W, et al. Sall4 interacts with Nanog and co-occupies Nanog genomic sites in embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24090-4 pubmed..We suggest that Sall4 and Nanog form a regulatory circuit similar to that of Oct4 and Sox2. This study highlights the extensive regulatory loops connecting genes, which encode for key transcription factors in ES cells. ..
- Lim L, Pervaiz S. Annexin 1: the new face of an old molecule. FASEB J. 2007;21:968-75 pubmed..Here we attempt to present a short review on these diverse biological activities of an interesting and important molecule, which could be a potential target for novel therapeutic intervention in a host of disease states. ..
- Ng E, Ng J, Liang F, Tang B. Rab22B is expressed in the CNS astroglia lineage and plays a role in epidermal growth factor receptor trafficking in A431 cells. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:716-28 pubmed publisher..Given that EGFR signaling modulates astrocyte development and oncogenesis of multiple cell types, Rab22B may thus have specific developmental or pathophysiological roles in cell types which it is enriched in. ..
- Wang M, Soyano T, Machida S, Yang J, Jung C, Chua N, et al. Molecular insights into plant cell proliferation disturbance by Agrobacterium protein 6b. Genes Dev. 2011;25:64-76 pubmed publisher..Our work provides molecular insights, suggesting that 6b regulates plant cell growth by the disturbance of the miRNA pathway through its ADP ribosylation activity. ..
- Fong C, Gauthaman K, Cheyyatraivendran S, Lin H, Biswas A, Bongso A. Human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly stem cells and its conditioned medium support hematopoietic stem cell expansion ex vivo. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:658-68 pubmed publisher..We propose that cord blood banks freeze autologous hWJSCs and umbilical cord blood (UCB) from the same umbilical cord at the same time for the patient for future ex vivo HSC expansion and cell-based therapies. ..
- Yeo H, Beh T, Quek J, Koh G, Chan K, Lee D. Integrated transcriptome and binding sites analysis implicates E2F in the regulation of self-renewal in human pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27231 pubmed publisher..In addition, we proposed a core self-renewal module of regulatory interplay between E2F and, WNT and FGF pathways in these cells. Thus, we conclude that E2F plays a significant role in influencing the self-renewal capabilities of hPSCs. ..
- Nishi M, Sakai Y, Akutsu H, Nagashima Y, Quinn G, Masui S, et al. Induction of cells with cancer stem cell properties from nontumorigenic human mammary epithelial cells by defined reprogramming factors. Oncogene. 2014;33:643-52 pubmed publisher..This study provides some insight into the potential oncogenicity that may arise via cellular reprogramming, and could represent a valuable in vitro model for studying the phenotypic traits of CSCs per se. ..
- Ng C, Xu S, Lam K. Dok-3 plays a nonredundant role in negative regulation of B-cell activation. Blood. 2007;110:259-66 pubmed..Hence, we propose that Dok-3 plays a distinct and nonredundant role in the negative regulation of BCR signaling. ..
- Moh M, Zhang T, Lee L, Shen S. Expression of hepaCAM is downregulated in cancers and induces senescence-like growth arrest via a p53/p21-dependent pathway in human breast cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:2298-305 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest that the expression of hepaCAM in MCF7 cells not only inhibits cell growth but also induces cellular senescence through the p53/21 pathway. ..
- Leong W, Tay C, Yu H, Li A, Wu S, Duc D, et al. Thickness sensing of hMSCs on collagen gel directs stem cell fate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:287-92 pubmed publisher..This study highlighted the need to consider not only the local modulus but also the thickness of biopolymer gel coating during modulation of cellular responses. ..
- Riau A, Angunawela R, Chaurasia S, Lee W, Tan D, Mehta J. Early corneal wound healing and inflammatory responses after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:6213-21 pubmed publisher..To compare the early corneal wound repair and inflammatory responses after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx) and LASIK...
- Helledie T, Dombrowski C, Rai B, Lim Z, Hin I, Rider D, et al. Heparan sulfate enhances the self-renewal and therapeutic potential of mesenchymal stem cells from human adult bone marrow. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:1897-910 pubmed publisher..Thus, HS-2 offers a novel means for decreasing the expansion time necessary for obtaining therapeutic numbers of multipotent hMSCs without the addition of exogenous growth factors that compromise stem cell fate. ..
- Yuen J, Sim M, Sim H, Chong T, Lau W, Cheng C, et al. Combination of the ERK inhibitor AZD6244 and low-dose sorafenib in a xenograft model of human renal cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:712-20 pubmed publisher..This study provides sound evidence for the clinical investigation of low-dose sorafenib in combination with AZD6244 in patients with advanced RCC. ..
- Ho L, Yit P, Ng L, Linn Y, Zhao Y, Sun L, et al. The road to memory: an early rest for the long journey. J Immunol. 2013;191:5603-14 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results support ex vivo memory-like T lymphocyte production and favor a developmental pathway including both divergent and linear relationships. ..
- Gupta R, Yang Q, Dogra S, Wajapeyee N. Serine hydroxymethyl transferase 1 stimulates pro-oncogenic cytokine expression through sialic acid to promote ovarian cancer tumor growth and progression. Oncogene. 2017;36:4014-4024 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting of SHMT1 and Neu5Ac represents a precision therapy opportunity for effective HGS ovarian cancer treatment. ..
- Sim K, Zang Z, Yang C, Bonventre J, Hsu S. TRIP-Br links E2F to novel functions in the regulation of cyclin E expression during cell cycle progression and in the maintenance of genomic stability. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:1296-304 pubmed
- Tham M, Ramasamy S, Gan H, Ramachandran A, Poonepalli A, Yu Y, et al. CSPG is a secreted factor that stimulates neural stem cell survival possibly by enhanced EGFR signaling. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15341 pubmed publisher..In addition to its role in NSC survival, CSPG maintains the three dimensional structure of nsphs. Lastly, CSPG's effects on NSC survival may be mediated by enhanced signaling via EGFR, JAK/STAT3 and PI3K/Akt pathways. ..
- Teo J, Ng R, Ng C, Lin A. Surface characteristics of acrylic modified polysulfone membranes improves renal proximal tubule cell adhesion and spreading. Acta Biomater. 2011;7:2060-9 pubmed publisher..However, further in vivo evaluation to assess the full functionality of RPTCs on am-PSU1 is required. ..
- Enane F, Shuen W, Gu X, Quteba E, Przychodzen B, Makishima H, et al. GATA4 loss of function in liver cancer impedes precursor to hepatocyte transition. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3527-3542 pubmed publisher..Thus, disruption of GATA4-mediated transactivation in HCC suppresses hepatocyte epithelial differentiation to sustain replicative precursor phenotype. ..
- Ying J, Srivastava G, Hsieh W, Gao Z, Murray P, Liao S, et al. The stress-responsive gene GADD45G is a functional tumor suppressor, with its response to environmental stresses frequently disrupted epigenetically in multiple tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6442-9 pubmed..These results show that GADD45G can act as a functional new-age tumor suppressor but being frequently inactivated epigenetically in multiple tumors. ..
- Chua P, Lee E, Yu Y, Yip G, Tan P, Bay B. Silencing the Peroxiredoxin III gene inhibits cell proliferation in breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:359-64 pubmed..The data suggests that Prx III has a significant role in cell cycle regulation and could be a potential proliferation marker in breast cancer. ..
- Rajendran P, Li F, Manu K, Shanmugam M, Loo S, Kumar A, et al. ?-Tocotrienol is a novel inhibitor of constitutive and inducible STAT3 signalling pathway in human hepatocellular carcinoma: potential role as an antiproliferative, pro-apoptotic and chemosensitizing agent. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;163:283-98 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that ?-tocotrienol is a novel blocker of the STAT3 activation pathway, with a potential role in future therapies for HCC and other cancers. ..
- Chong S, Wong K, Lin G, Yang C, Wong S, Angeli V, et al. Human CD8? T cells drive Th1 responses through the differentiation of TNF/iNOS-producing dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1639-51 pubmed publisher..Our study hence identifies a role for CD8(+) T cells in orchestrating Th1-mediating signals through the differentiation of monocytes into Th1-inducing Tip-DCs. ..
- Tong L, Png E, Aihua H, Yong S, Yeo H, Riau A, et al. Molecular mechanism of transglutaminase-2 in corneal epithelial migration and adhesion. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:1304-15 pubmed publisher..2008) . TG-2 dependent ?-3 integrin activation, serine-phosphorylation of paxillin, and Rac and CDC42 activation may thus play a key functional role in enhancing corneal epithelial cell adhesion and migration during wound healing. ..
- Ramasamy S, Narayanan G, Sankaran S, Yu Y, Ahmed S. Neural stem cell survival factors. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2013;534:71-87 pubmed publisher..Understanding NSC and NP interaction in response to these survival factors will provide insight to CNS development, disease and repair. ..
- Tan S, Ding K, Chong Q, Zhao J, Liu Y, Shao Y, et al. Post-transcriptional regulation of ERBB2 by miR26a/b and HuR confers resistance to tamoxifen in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13551-13564 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have characterized a model in which the interplay between miR26a/b and HuR post-transcriptionally up-regulates ERBB2 expression in TAMR ER+ breast cancer cells. ..
- Zheng Z, Zheng S, Bay B, Aw S, C L Lin V. Anti-estrogenic mechanism of unliganded progesterone receptor isoform B in breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;110:111-25 pubmed..The potential anti-estrogenic mechanism of PR-B may be exploited for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Huynh H, Chow K, Soo K, Toh H, Choo S, Foo K, et al. RAD001 (everolimus) inhibits tumour growth in xenograft models of human hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:1371-80 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a strong rationale for clinical investigation of mTOR inhibitor RAD001 in patients with HCC. ..
- Ghasemi Mobarakeh L, Prabhakaran M, Morshed M, Nasr Esfahani M, Ramakrishna S. Electrospun poly(epsilon-caprolactone)/gelatin nanofibrous scaffolds for nerve tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2008;29:4532-9 pubmed publisher..PCL/gelatin 70:30 nanofibrous scaffolds proved to be a promising biomaterial suitable for nerve regeneration. ..
- Xu J, Khor K, Sui J, Zhang J, Tan T, Chen W. Comparative proteomics profile of osteoblasts cultured on dissimilar hydroxyapatite biomaterials: an iTRAQ-coupled 2-D LC-MS/MS analysis. Proteomics. 2008;8:4249-58 pubmed publisher..The significance of these findings was further assessed by Western blot analysis. The differential protein profile in HA and CNT strengthened HA established in our study should be valuable for future design of biocompatible ceramics. ..
- Islam O, Loo T, Heese K. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has proliferative effects on neural stem cells through the truncated TRK-B receptor, MAP kinase, AKT, and STAT-3 signaling pathways. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2009;6:42-53 pubmed
- Wang L, Boulaire J, Chan P, Chung J, Kurisawa M. The role of stiffness of gelatin-hydroxyphenylpropionic acid hydrogels formed by enzyme-mediated crosslinking on the differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cell. Biomaterials. 2010;31:8608-16 pubmed publisher..The cells on a softer hydrogel (600 Pa) expressed more neurogenic protein markers, while cells on a stiffer hydrogel (12000 Pa) showed a higher up-regulation of myogenic protein markers. ..
- Ravichandran R, Venugopal J, Sundarrajan S, Mukherjee S, Ramakrishna S. Precipitation of nanohydroxyapatite on PLLA/PBLG/Collagen nanofibrous structures for the differentiation of adipose derived stem cells to osteogenic lineage. Biomaterials. 2012;33:846-55 pubmed publisher..The observed results proved that the PLLA/PBLG/Col/n-HA scaffolds promoted greater osteogenic differentiation of ADSC as evident from the enzyme activity and mineralization profiles for bone tissue engineering. ..
- Chang H, Sun T, Sultana N, Lim M, Khan T, Ismail A. Conductive PEDOT:PSS coated polylactide (PLA) and poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) (PHBV) electrospun membranes: Fabrication and characterization. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;61:396-410 pubmed publisher..The results of cell viability using MTT assay, cell attachment and cell proliferation showed that the conductive PSS coated PLA/PHBV membrane were more favorable for tissue engineering application than their uncoated counterparts. ..
- Zhang W, Kim P, Chen Z, Lokman H, Qiu L, Zhang K, et al. MiRNA-128 regulates the proliferation and neurogenesis of neural precursors by targeting PCM1 in the developing cortex. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate a novel mechanism by which miR-128 regulates the proliferation and differentiation of NPCs in the developing neocortex. ..
- Bimbo A, Liu J, Balasubramanian M. Roles of Pdk1p, a fission yeast protein related to phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase, in the regulation of mitosis and cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3162-75 pubmed..We also present evidence that the effects of Pdk1p on cytokinesis are likely mediated via the fission yeast anillin-related protein, Mid1p, and the septation initiation network. ..
- Thian E, Ahmad Z, Huang J, Edirisinghe M, Jayasinghe S, Ireland D, et al. The role of surface wettability and surface charge of electrosprayed nanoapatites on the behaviour of osteoblasts. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:750-5 pubmed publisher..The modification of nanoapatite by the addition of silicon into the HA lattice structure renders the electrosprayed surface more hydrophilic and electronegatively charged. ..
- Chua Y, Chua Y, Hagen T. Structure activity analysis of 2-methoxyestradiol analogues reveals targeting of microtubules as the major mechanism of antiproliferative and proapoptotic activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:224-35 pubmed publisher..Our results thus provide a better insight into the mechanism of action of 2ME2 and reveal structural requirements that confer high cellular activity, which may aid future drug development. ..
- Lu G, Leung C, Yan B, Tan C, Low S, Aung M, et al. C/EBPalpha is up-regulated in a subset of hepatocellular carcinomas and plays a role in cell growth and proliferation. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:632-43, 643.e1-4 pubmed publisher..C/EBPalpha is up-regulated in a subset of HCCs and has growth-promoting activities in HCC cells. Novel oncogenic mechanisms involving C/EBPalpha may be amenable to epigenetic regulation to improve treatment outcomes. ..
- Leong D, Lim J, Goh X, Pratap J, Pereira B, Kwok H, et al. Cancer-related ectopic expression of the bone-related transcription factor RUNX2 in non-osseous metastatic tumor cells is linked to cell proliferation and motility. Breast Cancer Res. 2010;12:R89 pubmed publisher..Our results support the emerging concept that the osteogenic transcription factor RUNX2 functions as a metastasis-related oncoprotein in non-osseous cancer cells. ..
- Chandrasekaran A, Venugopal J, Sundarrajan S, Ramakrishna S. Fabrication of a nanofibrous scaffold with improved bioactivity for culture of human dermal fibroblasts for skin regeneration. Biomed Mater. 2011;6:015001 pubmed publisher..The obtained results prove that the plasma-treated PLACL/gelatin nanofibrous scaffold is a potential biocomposite material for skin tissue regeneration. ..
- Chiong E, Lee I, Dadbin A, Sabichi A, Harris L, Urbauer D, et al. Effects of mTOR inhibitor everolimus (RAD001) on bladder cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2863-73 pubmed publisher..The mTOR inhibitor RAD001 inhibits growth of BC cells in vitro. RAD001 is effective in treating BC tumors in an in vivo nude mouse model despite the heterogeneity of in vitro responses. ..
- Lee Z, Zhou J, Chen C, Zhao Y, Tan C, Li L, et al. The slow-releasing hydrogen sulfide donor, GYY4137, exhibits novel anti-cancer effects in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21077 pubmed publisher..We also propose that a combination of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest contributes to this effect and that H?S donors should be investigated further as potential anti-cancer agents. ..
- Tan L, Tan S, Tang T, Lim S, Tan D, Lim L, et al. Relationship between atypical T- and B-cell size predicts survival in peripheral T-cell lymphomas with large B-cells. Pathology. 2013;45:28-37 pubmed publisher..Pathological prognostication for peripheral T-cell lymphomas (PTCLs) complicated by large B-cell (LBC) proliferations has not been previously devised...
- Zhang T, Yam G, Riau A, Poh R, Allen J, Peh G, et al. The effect of amniotic membrane de-epithelialization method on its biological properties and ability to promote limbal epithelial cell culture. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:3072-81 pubmed publisher..We characterized the de-epithelialized human amniotic membrane (HAM), and compared cell attachment and proliferation efficiencies...
- Kotoshiba S, Gopinathan L, Pfeiffenberger E, Rahim A, Vardy L, Nakayama K, et al. p27 is regulated independently of Skp2 in the absence of Cdk2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:436-45 pubmed publisher..Ablation of other ubiquitin ligases for p27 such as KPC1, DDB1, and Pirh2 did not restore stability of p27 in Cdk2(-/-)Skp2(-/-) MEFs. Our findings point towards novel and alternate pathways for p27 regulation. ..
- Li B, Xu W, Guan X, Qin Y, Law S, Lee N, et al. Competitive Binding Between Id1 and E2F1 to Cdc20 Regulates E2F1 Degradation and Thymidylate Synthase Expression to Promote Esophageal Cancer Chemoresistance. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1243-55 pubmed publisher..The Id1-E2F1-IGF2 regulatory axis has important implications for cancer prognosis and treatment. ..
- Suntornnond R, An J, Tijore A, Leong K, Chua C, Tan L. A Solvent-Free Surface Suspension Melt Technique for Making Biodegradable PCL Membrane Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Applications. Molecules. 2016;21:386 pubmed publisher..C2C12 cell culture results indicate that the membrane supports cell growth and differentiation. Thus, this novel membrane generation method holds great promise for tissue engineering. ..
- Wang J, Xu Monette Z, Jabbar K, Shen Q, Manyam G, Tzankov A, et al. AKT Hyperactivation and the Potential of AKT-Targeted Therapy in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1700-1716 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the clinical and therapeutic implications of AKT hyperactivation in DLBCL and suggests that AKT inhibitors need to be combined with other targeted agents for DLBCL to achieve optimal clinical efficacy. ..
- Hao L, Lawrence J, Chian K. Effects of CO2 laser irradiation on the surface properties of magnesia-partially stabilised zirconia (MgO-PSZ) bioceramic and the subsequent improvements in human osteoblast cell adhesion. J Biomater Appl. 2004;19:81-105 pubmed..Moreover, the change in topography induced by the CO(2) laser treatment was identified as one of the factors influencing the hFOB cell response. ..