Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on anxiety in Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Locale: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
- Rees G, Xie J, Chiang P, Larizza M, Marella M, Hassell J, et al. A randomised controlled trial of a self-management programme for low vision implemented in low vision rehabilitation services. Patient Educ Couns. 2015;98:174-81 pubmed publisher..When implementing self-management programmes in low vision rehabilitation settings, issues of client interest, divergence of need, programme accessibility and fidelity of intervention delivery need to be addressed. ..
- Lim C, Devi M, Ang E. Anxiety in women with breast cancer undergoing treatment: a systematic review. Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2011;9:215-35 pubmed publisher..Healthcare professionals should pay greater attention to identify signs of anxiety in patients and design interventions to help alleviate it earlier. ..
- Song G, Venkatraman V, Ho K, Chee M, Yeoh K, Wilder Smith C. Cortical effects of anticipation and endogenous modulation of visceral pain assessed by functional brain MRI in irritable bowel syndrome patients and healthy controls. Pain. 2006;126:79-90 pubmed..The aberrant activation of endogenous pain inhibition appears to involve circuitry relating to anticipation as well as pain processing itself. ..
- Wang H, Wong P, Spiess J, Zhu Y. Cholecystokinin-2 (CCK2) receptor-mediated anxiety-like behaviors in rats. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2005;29:1361-73 pubmed..CCK(2) receptor expression was greater in PVG hooded than in SD rats in the cortex and hippocampus. Genetic studies also demonstrated four differences in the DNA sequence of the CCK(2) receptor gene between the two rat strains. ..
- Nguyen L, Ma D, Shui G, Wong P, Cazenave Gassiot A, Zhang X, et al. Mfsd2a is a transporter for the essential omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid. Nature. 2014;509:503-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an unexpected essential physiological role of plasma-derived LPCs in brain growth and function...
- Jesuthasan S. Fear, anxiety, and control in the zebrafish. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:395-403 pubmed publisher..In particular, they point to an essential role for a circuit involving the posterior septum, medial habenula, and interpeduncular nucleus. This evolutionarily conserved circuit may fulfill a similar function in mammals. ..
- Wee N, Kandiah N, Acharyya S, Chander R, Ng A, Au W, et al. Depression and anxiety are co-morbid but dissociable in mild Parkinson's disease: A prospective longitudinal study of patterns and predictors. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;23:50-6 pubmed publisher..They had distinct trajectories and different longitudinal relationships with demographic, motor, and non-motor factors that were unique to each disorder. ..
- Mohammad F, Aryal S, Ho J, Stewart J, Norman N, Tan T, et al. Ancient Anxiety Pathways Influence Drosophila Defense Behaviors. Curr Biol. 2016;26:981-6 pubmed publisher..The presence of conserved neurogenetic pathways in the insect brain identifies Drosophila as an attractive genetic model for the study of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders, complementing existing rodent systems. ..
- Bichler Z, Lim H, Zeng L, Tan E. Non-motor and motor features in LRRK2 transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70249 pubmed publisher..These mice did recapitulate mild Parkinsonian motor features at late stages but compensatory mechanisms modulating the progression of PD in these models should be further evaluated. ..
- Sung M, Fung D, Cai Y, Ooi Y. Pharmacological management in children and adolescents with pervasive developmental disorder. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2010;44:410-28 pubmed publisher..There is a paucity of systemic, well-conducted trials on the use of pharmacological agents in the management of PDD, and more research in this area is warranted. ..