Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia
Locale: Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia
Publications382 found, 100 shown here
- Paskas S, Jankovic J, Marečko I, Isic Dencic T, Tatic S, Cvejic D, et al. Caveolin-1 expression in papillary thyroid carcinoma: correlation with clinicopathological parameters and BRAF mutation status. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014;150:201-9 pubmed publisher..The potential clinical significance of caveolin-1 expression, as well as its relation to BRAF mutation status, deserves further investigation. ..
- Potic A, Nmezi B, Padiath Q. CAPOS syndrome and hemiplegic migraine in a novel pedigree with the specific ATP1A3 mutation. J Neurol Sci. 2015;358:453-6 pubmed publisher..This is also the first report showing the co-occurrence of hemiplegic migraine and CAPOS syndrome in a patient with ATP1A3 mutations. Migraine has not been previously documented in ATP1A3 mutation carriers. ..
- Potpara T, Dan G, Trendafilova E, Goda A, Kusljugic Z, Manola S, et al. Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation and 'real world' adherence to guidelines in the Balkan Region: The BALKAN-AF Survey. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20432 pubmed publisher..Additional efforts are needed to improve AF-related thromboprophylaxis in clinical practice in the Balkan Region. ..
- Stojicic M, Slavik E, Acimovic G, Jovanovic M, Stojmirovic D, Vujotic L. Simultaneous surgical treatment of ulcer terebrans with intracranial propagation and acoustic neurinoma on the same side: a case report. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008;61:e9-11 pubmed publisher..This article presents a successful surgical treatment of the patient with aggressive basal cell carcinoma with intracranial propagation (ulcer terebrans) and simultaneous acoustic neurinoma on the same side. ..
- Neskovic N, Koprivica M, Neskovic A, Paunovic G. Improving the efficiency of measurement procedures for assessing human exposure in the vicinity of mobile phone (GSM/DCS/UMTS) base stations. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2012;149:238-44 pubmed publisher..0 %, 3.8 and 4.4 %, respectively. Shorter time-averaging intervals would reduce the total duration of the exposure assessment survey, while not compromising too much on measurement quality. ..
- Slavkovic Z, Stamenkovic D, Romic P, Tomic A, Milovic N, Jovanovic M, et al. The present and future of fiberoptic intubation. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2013;70:61-7 pubmed
- Tovilovic G, Ristic B, Siljic M, Nikolić V, Kravic Stevovic T, Dulović M, et al. mTOR-independent autophagy counteracts apoptosis in herpes simplex virus type 1-infected U251 glioma cells. Microbes Infect. 2013;15:615-24 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that AMPK/Akt/mTOR-independent autophagy could prolong survival of HSV-1-infected U251 glioma cells by counteracting the coinciding apoptotic response. ..
- Hatab N, KonstantinoviÄ‡ V, Mudrak J. Pharyngeal airway changes after mono- and bimaxillary surgery in skeletal class III patients: Cone-beam computed tomography evaluation. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:491-6 pubmed publisher..The lower volume significantly decreased in the monomaxillary group. However, results showed that PAS decreased more after mono-than after bimaxillary surgery. ..
- Milosevic J, Kanazir S, Medić Mijacević L, Pejanovic V, Stokić Z, Konjevic G, et al. Sulfinosine-induced cell growth inhibition and apoptosis in human lung carcinomas in vitro. Invest New Drugs. 2002;20:229-40 pubmed..Thus the biological effects of sulfinosine may be due to modulation of cell growth, cell death, and cell cycle regulatory molecules. ..
- Milivojević L, Strkalj Ivezić S. Importance of object relations theories for development of capacity for mature love. Croat Med J. 2004;45:18-24 pubmed..Obstacles in the development of object relationships from pre-object to object phase, from symbiotic to separation and individuation phase can impair the capacity to love. ..
- Zidverc Trajkovic J, Pavlovic A, Mijajlovic M, Jovanovic Z, Sternic N, Kostic V. Cluster headache and paroxysmal hemicrania: differential diagnosis. Cephalalgia. 2005;25:244-8 pubmed
- Rakic A, Miljkovic B, Pokrajac M, Vucicevic K. High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of moclobemide and its two major metabolites in human plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2007;43:1416-22 pubmed..The assay has been used in a clinical pharmacokinetic study to assess steady-state pharmacokinetics of moclobemide and two metabolites in depressive patients on mono- and combined therapy...
- Zakula Z, Koricanac G, Putnikovic B, Markovic L, Isenovic E. Regulation of the inducible nitric oxide synthase and sodium pump in type 1 diabetes. Med Hypotheses. 2007;69:302-6 pubmed..Future investigations should now focus on mechanisms of action of IGF-1 and its clinical applicability. ..
- Lausevic Z, Lausevic M, Trbojevic Stankovic J, Krstic S, Stojimirovic B. Predicting multiple organ failure in patients with severe trauma. Can J Surg. 2008;51:97-102 pubmed..The most important parameters of MOF development are serum IL-6 concentration on the first day of hospitalization and the number of positive SIRS criteria on the fourth day of hospitalization. ..
- Colovic R, Grubor N, Micev M, Atkinson H, Rankovic V, Jagodic M. Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6873-5 pubmed..Although extremely rare, lymphangioma of the pancreas should be taken into consideration as a differential diagnosis of a pancreatic cystic lesion, especially in women...
- Milenkovic T, Zdravkovic D, Savic N, Todorovic S, Mitrovic K, Koehler K, et al. Triple A syndrome: 32 years experience of a single centre (1977-2008). Eur J Pediatr. 2010;169:1323-8 pubmed publisher..In all children with mutation in AAAS gene, regular follow up of adrenal function is necessary to avoid adrenal crisis and start substitution therapy as soon as adrenal insufficiency is noted. ..
- Stojsic Z, Stevanovic R, Stojanovic M, Stanojevic A, Bacetic D. Histological features of gastric cardia in adults: an autopsy study. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2011;20:13-8 pubmed..The type, length and circumferential presence of cardiac mucosa were not significantly associated with carditis, esophagitis or age. ..
- Lezaic V, Dimkovic N, Peković G, Bukvić D, Bajčetić S, Bontić A, et al. Screening of a population at risk of chronic kidney disease: analysis of factors associated with low eGFR and microalbuminuria. Ren Fail. 2011;33:969-76 pubmed publisher..Besides nonmodifiable, significant modifiable factors for MAU were use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and strict regulation of hypertension and the factor for reduced eGFR was smoking. ..
- Zeljic K, Supic G, Stamenkovic Radak M, Jovic N, Kozomara R, Magic Z. Vitamin D receptor, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 genes polymorphisms association with oral cancer risk and survival. J Oral Pathol Med. 2012;41:779-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that CYP24A1 gene polymorphism might have an influence on the susceptibility to oral cancer. VDR FokI polymorphism was associated with worse survival and could be considered as an independent prognostic marker. ..
- Suvakov S, Damjanovic T, Stefanovic A, Pekmezovic T, Savic Radojevic A, Pljesa Ercegovac M, et al. Glutathione S-transferase A1, M1, P1 and T1 null or low-activity genotypes are associated with enhanced oxidative damage among haemodialysis patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013;28:202-12 pubmed publisher
- Colovic N, Tomin D, Vidovic A, Suvajdzic N, Jankovic G, Palibrk V, et al. Pretreatment prognostic factors for overall survival in primary resistant acute myeloid leukemia. Biomed Pharmacother. 2012;66:578-82 pubmed publisher..An understanding of these factors may help to predict OS in cases where CR has not been achieved and may help when making further treatment decisions. ..
- VitoroviÄ‡ TodoroviÄ‡ M, EriÄ‡ NikoliÄ‡ A, KolundÅ¾ija B, Hamel E, RistiÄ‡ S, JuraniÄ‡ I, et al. (E)-4-aryl-4-oxo-2-butenoic acid amides, chalcone-aroylacrylic acid chimeras: design, antiproliferative activity and inhibition of tubulin polymerization. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;62:40-50 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, they may be useful leads for the design of a new class of antitubulin agents. ..
- Pekic S, Stojanovic M, Popovic V. Contemporary issues in the evaluation and management of pituitary adenomas. Minerva Endocrinol. 2015;40:307-19 pubmed..This article reviews the advances in our understanding of pituitary adenoma, the guidance in evaluation and management of different subtypes of pituitary adenomas and the possibility of new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Ivkovic M, Pantović Stefanović M, Dunjić Kostić B, Jurisic V, Lackovic M, Totić Poznanović S, et al. Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio predicting suicide risk in euthymic patients with bipolar disorder: Moderatory effect of family history. Compr Psychiatry. 2016;66:87-95 pubmed publisher..This could lead to prevention in suicide behavior in the patient population at particular risk of suicide. ..
- Å½ivkoviÄ‡ M, KolakoviÄ‡ A, StojkoviÄ‡ L, DinÄiÄ‡ E, KostiÄ‡ S, AlavantiÄ‡ D, et al. Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms as risk factors for multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2016;363:29-32 pubmed publisher..67, 95%CI=1.13-2.49, ?(2) test p=0.01), suggesting that this genotype could be a gender-specific genetic risk factor for MS. ..
- Ivanisevic J, Kotur Stevuljevic J, Stefanovic A, Miljković M, Jelic Ivanovic Z, Pejović B, et al. Association of paraoxonase 1 and oxidative stress with acute kidney injury in premature asphyxiated neonates. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:47-52 pubmed publisher..AKI neonates were characterised by a marked decrease in PON1 activity. PON1 activity may be an important factor for discrimination of newborns having AKI from those that do not. ..
- Špadijer Mirković C, Peric A, Vukomanović Đurđević B, Vojvodic D. Effects of Fluticasone Furoate Nasal Spray on Parameters of Eosinophilic Inflammation in Patients With Nasal Polyposis and Perennial Allergic Rhinitis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017;126:573-580 pubmed publisher..001) in all 3 groups of patients. The levels of RANTES and eotaxin-2 in nasal fluid could be reliable markers for assessing corticosteroid administration outcomes. ..
- Stefanova E, Pavlović D, Ocic G. [Idiopathic normotensive hydrocephalus. Neuropsychologic evaluation after ventriculo-atrial shunt]. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 1992;120:356-8 pubmed..Cognitive outcome of ventriculo-atrial shunting in normal-pressure hydrocephalus is best assessed with the appropriate neuropsychological testing. ..
- Colovic N, Jurisic V, Colovic M. Malignant histiocytosis with central nervous system involvement and hepatic mucinous cystadenoma in a single patient with review of the literature. J BUON. 2007;12:539-42 pubmed..Her condition improved, she became conscious, her headache diminished, she became mobile but skin and nodal lesions reappeared along with extensive marrow histiocytic infiltration. She finally died 22 months after diagnosis...
- Bjelogrlić S, Todorović T, Bacchi A, Zec M, Sladic D, Srdic Rajic T, et al. Synthesis, structure and characterization of novel Cd(II) and Zn(II) complexes with the condensation product of 2-formylpyridine and selenosemicarbazide Antiproliferative activity of the synthesized complexes and related selenosemicarbazone complexes. J Inorg Biochem. 2010;104:673-82 pubmed publisher
- Rakic V, Colic M, Lazovic G. Unusual localisation of pressure ulcer--the vulva. Int Wound J. 2011;8:313-6 pubmed publisher..For this reason, we are able to claim that this was in fact a pressure ulcer of the vulva. Reconstruction was simple without any complications and donor-site morbidity...
- Savic L, Mrdovic I, Perunicic J, Asanin M, Lasica R, Marinkovic J, et al. Impact of the combined left ventricular systolic and renal dysfunction on one-year outcomes after primary percutaneous coronary intervention. J Interv Cardiol. 2012;25:132-9 pubmed publisher..The evaluation of the renal function in patients with LVSD represents a simple method which enables a more precise stratification of the risks related to the occurrence of adverse events in long-term patient follow-up. ..
- Ciraj Bjelac O, Rehani M, Minamoto A, Sim K, Liew H, Vano E. Radiation-induced eye lens changes and risk for cataract in interventional cardiology. Cardiology. 2012;123:168-71 pubmed publisher..98-4.9), for interventional cardiologists and support staff, respectively. This study confirms a statistically significant increase in radiation-associated posterior lens changes in the eyes of interventional cardiology staff. ..
- Filipovic B, Milinic N, Gacić J, Markovic O, Djokovic A, Filipovic B. Benign Hydronephrosis and Elevated of Serum Levels of Carbohydrate Antigen CA 19-9: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2016;17:395-7 pubmed..In the routine medical praxis, urolithiasis should not be neglected in the differential diagnosis of elevated concentrations of CA 19-9 marker. ..
- Dedic G, Gordana D, Panic M, Milivoje P. Suicide prevention program in the Army of Serbia and Montenegro. Mil Med. 2007;172:551-5 pubmed..Since the Suicide Prevention Program in the Army of Serbia and Montenegro proved to be successful in decreasing the suicide number, it should be further improved and routinely applied. ..
- Sopta J, Dordević A, Tulic G, Mijucić V. Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma: our clinico-pathological experience and dilemmas in 25 cases. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2008;134:147-52 pubmed..In five patients (fracture-free), resection limb-salvage surgical intervention was performed. The lethal outcome ensues within less than 2 years in all patients. ..
- Stefanovic A, Kotur Stevuljevic J, Spasic S, Bogavac Stanojevic N, Bujisic N. The influence of obesity on the oxidative stress status and the concentration of leptin in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;79:156-63 pubmed..29, P<0.01) in obese patients suggests that increased oxidative stress and hyperleptinemia, both consequences of obesity, may play a role in type 2 diabetes mellitus development. ..
- Perisic T, Srećković M, Matić G. Modulation of glucocorticoid receptor function and expression in adolescent moderate asthma. Respiration. 2009;77:70-5 pubmed publisher..In moderate asthma, functional characteristics of GR are altered, though the significance of these findings remains to be clarified. ..
- Stojiljković V, Todorović A, Pejić S, Kasapović J, Saičić Z, Radlovic N, et al. Antioxidant status and lipid peroxidation in small intestinal mucosa of children with celiac disease. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:1431-7 pubmed publisher..Natural antioxidants and appropriate dietary supplements could be important complements to the classic therapy of celiac disease. ..
- Tanic N, Tanic N, Milasin J, Vukadinovic M, Dimitrijevic B. Genomic instability and tumor-specific DNA alterations in oral leukoplakias. Eur J Oral Sci. 2009;117:231-7 pubmed publisher..Inactivation or mutation of the p53 tumor-suppressor might be an early event contributing to genomic instability and increasing the risk of malignant transformation. ..
- Krstic M, Alempijevic T, Andrejevic S, Zlatanović M, Damjanov N, Ivanovic B, et al. Watermelon stomach in a patient with primary Sjögren's syndrome. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2010;67:256-8 pubmed..Recognition of this rare, but clinically important, cause of gastrointestinal bleeding may decrease comorbidity in patients with autoimmune disorders including primary Sjögren's syndrome. ..
- Dragojević Dikić S, Marisavljevic D, Mitrovic A, Dikic S, Jovanović T, Janković Raznatović S. An immunological insight into premature ovarian failure (POF). Autoimmun Rev. 2010;9:771-4 pubmed publisher..We discuss the possible role of such an autoimmune process as a cause or consequence of POF including treatment strategies in POF patients. ..
- Colovic M, Jurisic V, Bila J, Colovic N, Palibrk V. FGF-R3 and OPG expression in patient with multiple myeloma following systemic sclerosis: case report and review of the literature. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:228-231 pubmed publisher..The patient was treated according to the CTD protocol (cyclophosphamide, thalidomide, and dexamethasone) which was effective against the myeloma as well as the systemic sclerosis and patient achieved complete remission. ..
- Matić I, Aljancić I, Vajs V, Jadranin M, Gligorijević N, Milosavljevic S, et al. Cancer-suppressive potential of extracts of endemic plant Helichrysum zivojinii: effects on cell migration, invasion and angiogenesis. Nat Prod Commun. 2013;8:1291-6 pubmed
- Zelić K, Galić I, Nedeljković N, Jakovljević A, Milosevic O, Djuric M, et al. Accuracy of Cameriere's third molar maturity index in assessing legal adulthood on Serbian population. Forensic Sci Int. 2016;259:127-32 pubmed publisher..94, 0.98) in males and females, respectively. The proportion of correctly classified individuals was 0.95 in males and 0.91 in females. In conclusion, the suggested value of I3M=0.08 can be used on Serbian population with high accuracy. ..
- Markovic M, Tomić I, Ilic N, Dragas M, Koncar I, Bukumirić Z, et al. The Rationale for Continuing Open Repair of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;36:64-73 pubmed publisher..Short admission/surgery time, supraceliac aortic cross-clamping, and the use of intraoperative cell saving are recommended. ..
- Cassatella D, Howard S, Acierno J, Xu C, Papadakis G, Santoni F, et al. Congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and constitutional delay of growth and puberty have distinct genetic architectures. Eur J Endocrinol. 2018;178:377-388 pubmed publisher..002) and controls (2%, P = 6.4 × 10-7). Our data suggest that CDGP and CHH have distinct genetic profiles, and this finding may facilitate the differential diagnosis in patients presenting with delayed puberty. ..
- Pasic S, Micic D, Kuzmanovic M. Epstein-Barr virus-associated haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome. Acta Paediatr. 2003;92:859-61 pubmed..Also, HLH was reported recently in severe combined immunodeficiency and DiGeorge syndrome. The possibility of an underlying primary immunodeficiency should be considered in paediatric patients who present with HLH during infancy. ..
- Ostojic P, Damjanov N. Different clinical features in patients with limited and diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis. Clin Rheumatol. 2006;25:453-7 pubmed..Fingertip osteolysis, telangiectasia, and arthritis are equally frequent in both forms of the disease. ..
- Colak E, Majkic Singh N, Stankovic S, Srecković Dimitrijević V, Djordjevic P, Lalic K, et al. Parameters of antioxidative defense in type 2 diabetic patients with cardiovascular complications. Ann Med. 2005;37:613-20 pubmed
- Dokmanovic L, Urosevic J, Janic D, Jovanovic N, Petrucev B, Tosic N, et al. Analysis of thiopurine S-methyltransferase polymorphism in the population of Serbia and Montenegro and mercaptopurine therapy tolerance in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Ther Drug Monit. 2006;28:800-6 pubmed..These results justify performing TPMT genotyping before initiating thiopurine therapy in all children with ALL to minimize consequent toxicity. ..
- Jokanovic M. Current understanding of the mechanisms involved in metabolic detoxification of warfare nerve agents. Toxicol Lett. 2009;188:1-10 pubmed publisher..This article also discusses other aspects of metabolism of the agents such as protein binding and the role of tissue depots for these compounds. ..
- Atanasijevic T, Jovanović A, Nikolic S, Popovic V, Jasovic Gasic M. Accidental death due to complete autoerotic asphyxia associated with transvestic fetishism and anal self-stimulation - case report. Psychiatr Danub. 2009;21:246-51 pubmed
- Saksida T, Stosic Grujicic S, Timotijevic G, Sandler S, Stojanovic I. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor deficiency protects pancreatic islets from palmitic acid-induced apoptosis. Immunol Cell Biol. 2012;90:688-98 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the observed considerable preservation of ?-cells from nutrient-induced apoptosis might implicate MIF as a potential therapeutic target in the later stage of obesity-associated T2D. ..
- Dzopalic T, Rajkovic I, Dragicevic A, Colic M. The response of human dendritic cells to co-ligation of pattern-recognition receptors. Immunol Res. 2012;52:20-33 pubmed publisher..The opposite outcome was observed after co-ligation of TLR3 and Langerin on MoLCs. These findings may be relevant to improve strategy for tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Belojevic G, Evans G. Traffic noise and blood pressure in low-socioeconomic status, African-American urban schoolchildren. J Acoust Soc Am. 2012;132:1403-6 pubmed publisher..In younger children aged 6-10 years, a significant positive relation was found between noise levels at homes and systolic blood pressure, controlling for body mass index (B = 0.48, 95% C.I. = 0.07 -0.88, p = 0.02). ..
- Jovanovic Z, Radosavljevic A, Kačarević Popović Z, Stojkovska J, Perić Grujić A, Ristić M, et al. Bioreactor validation and biocompatibility of Ag/poly(N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) hydrogel nanocomposites. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013;105:230-5 pubmed publisher..Modelling of silver release kinetics revealed potentials for optimization of Ag/PVP nanocomposites for particular applications as wound dressings or soft tissue implants. ..
- El Muzghi A, Mirkov I, Djokic J, Popov Aleksandrov A, Miljkovic D, Glamoclija J, et al. Regional cytokine responses to pulmonary aspergillosis in immunocompetent rats. Immunobiology. 2013;218:1514-23 pubmed publisher..fumigatus in rats might be helpful in the future use of rat models of pulmonary aspergillosis particularly those that develop immune-based therapeutic interventions as an adjunct treatment of fungal diseases. ..
- Kumar K, Lohmann K, Masuho I, Miyamoto R, Ferbert A, Lohnau T, et al. Mutations in GNAL: a novel cause of craniocervical dystonia. JAMA Neurol. 2014;71:490-4 pubmed publisher..Mutations in GNAL can cause craniocervical dystonia in different ethnicities. The BRET assay may be a useful tool to support the pathogenicity of identified variants in the GNAL gene. ..
- Jankovic A, Korac A, Srdić Galić B, Buzadzic B, Otasevic V, Stancic A, et al. Differences in the redox status of human visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissues--relationships to obesity and metabolic risk. Metabolism. 2014;63:661-71 pubmed publisher..Analogously, the lower GSH levels that occur during obesity and the corresponding additional redox imbalance may be signs of VAT metabolic dysfunction that underlie the subsequent metabolic impairment. ..
- JankoviÄ‡ MandiÄ‡ L, ÄoliÄ‡ M, MarkoviÄ‡ D, TodoroviÄ‡ D, Onjia A, DragoviÄ‡ S. Natural radionuclides in cigarette tobacco from Serbian market and effective dose estimate from smoke inhalation. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2016;168:111-5 pubmed publisher..The more effective implementation of actions for reducing smoking prevalence in Serbia is highly needed. ..
- Radak D, Tanaskovic S, Katsiki N, Isenovic E. Protective Role of Diabetes Mellitus on Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Pathogenesis: Myth or Reality?. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2016;14:196-200 pubmed..We also comment on underlying cellular and genetic pathophysiological mechanisms of DM, AAA and atherosclerosis. The effects of drugs, commonly prescribed in DM patients, on AAA development and growth are also considered. ..
- Chen Q, Utech S, Chen D, Prodanovic R, Lin J, Weitz D. Controlled assembly of heterotypic cells in a core-shell scaffold: organ in a droplet. Lab Chip. 2016;16:1346-9 pubmed publisher..We use water-water-oil double emulsions as templates and spatially assemble hepatocytes in the core and fibroblasts in the shell, forming a 3D liver model in a drop. ..
- Keckarevic M, Savic D, Romac S. JP-3 gene polymorphism in a healthy population of Serbia and Montenegro. J Genet. 2005;84:69-71 pubmed..The absence of alleles with more then 18 CTG repeats suggests that HDL-2 is very rare in the populations of Serbia and Montenegro. ..
- Milenkovic T, Martic J, Robinson D, Mackay D, Petrovic K, Zdravkovic D. Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus in an infant with paternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 6 including heterodisomy for 6q24. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2006;19:1353-7 pubmed..Genetic testing revealed the presence of paternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 6 (UPD6) including heterodisomy of 6q24. This is the first documented case of uniparental heterodisomy for chromosome 6. ..
- Maletic V, Cerovic S, Lazic M, Stojanovic M, Stevanovic P. Synchronous and multiple transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and urachal cyst. Int J Urol. 2008;15:554-6 pubmed publisher..Recurrent bladder tumors were afterwards treated with Bacillus Calmette Guerin (BCG) instillations. A year after surgery the patient has no signs of local recurrence or distant metastases of transitional cell carcinoma. ..
- Ostojic S, Stojanovic M, Djordjevic B, Jourkesh M, Vasiljevic N. The effects of a 4-week coffeeberry supplementation on antioxidant status, endurance, and anaerobic performance in college athletes. Res Sports Med. 2008;16:281-94 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that supplementation with a CB formulation slightly increased antioxidant capacity, but there were minimal effects on recovery parameters after exercise in college athletes. ..
- Pasic S, Djuricic S, Ristic G, Slavkovic B. Recombinase-activating gene 1 immunodeficiency: different immunological phenotypes in three siblings. Acta Paediatr. 2009;98:1062-4 pubmed publisher..In infants with disseminated cytomegalovirus infection and autoimmune cytopenia, even if basic immunologic investigation appears normal, RAG1 immunodeficiency should be considered. ..
- Zivanovic D, Medenica L, Tanasilovic S, Vesic S, Skiljevic D, Tomovic M, et al. Dexamethasone-cyclophosphamide pulse therapy in pemphigus: a review of 72 cases. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2010;11:123-9 pubmed publisher..Two of these deaths were probably a consequence of DCP therapy. DCP regimen is a beneficial treatment for patients with pemphigus, sparing the adverse effects of conventional regimens. ..
- Arsić I, Tadić V, Vlaović D, Homsek I, Vesic S, Isailović G, et al. Preparation of novel apigenin-enriched, liposomal and non-liposomal, antiinflammatory topical formulations as substitutes for corticosteroid therapy. Phytother Res. 2011;25:228-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that there is scope for the further development of even more effective and safer alternatives to corticosteroids. ..
- Kovac M, Mitic G, Kovac Z. Miconazole and nystatin used as topical antifungal drugs interact equally strongly with warfarin. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2012;37:45-8 pubmed publisher..Prospective evaluation of this effect is called for. However, based on our results the warfarin dose adjustment appears necessary when the anticoagulant is used concomitantly with those topical antifungals. ..
- Doknic M, Maric N, Britvic D, Pekic S, Damjanovic A, Miljic D, et al. Bone remodeling, bone mass and weight gain in patients with stabilized schizophrenia in real-life conditions treated with long-acting injectable risperidone. Neuroendocrinology. 2011;94:246-54 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, by increasing body weight, risperidone could have a protective effect on the bone and thus no change in bone mass was recorded when compared with healthy controls. ..
- Kotur N, Stankovic B, Kassela K, Georgitsi M, Vicha A, Leontari I, et al. 6-mercaptopurine influences TPMT gene transcription in a TPMT gene promoter variable number of tandem repeats-dependent manner. Pharmacogenomics. 2012;13:283-95 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the TPMT gene promoter VNTR architecture can be potentially used as a pharmacogenomic marker to predict toxicity due to 6-MP treatment in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients. ..
- Zivkovic M, Kolaković A, Radak D, Dincić D, Radak S, Djuric T, et al. The sex-specific association of Met62Ile gene polymorphism in P-selectin glycoprotein ligand (PSGL-1) with carotid plaque presence: preliminary study. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:6479-85 pubmed publisher..Studies in larger and different populations should validate and further examine the suggested role of genetic variations in PSGL-1 with atherosclerosis and thrombosis. ..
- Dokić J, Tomic S, Cerovic S, Todorovic V, Rudolf R, Colic M. Characterization and immunosuppressive properties of mesenchymal stem cells from periapical lesions. J Clin Periodontol. 2012;39:807-16 pubmed publisher..The differentiation potential of PL-MSCs and their immunosuppressive/anti-inflammatory properties could be beneficial for the treatment of chronic periodontal diseases. ..
- Arsic Arsenijevic V, Milobratovic D, Barac A, Vekić B, Marinkovic J, Kostic V. A laboratory-based study on patients with Parkinson's disease and seborrheic dermatitis: the presence and density of Malassezia yeasts, their different species and enzymes production. BMC Dermatol. 2014;14:5 pubmed publisher..Our data lead to conclusion that local skin performance of PD patient's characterized with increased sebum excretion ratio play a role in SD by stimulation of yeasts replication and enzyme production. ..
- Djekić Ivanković M, Weiler H, Nikolic M, Kadvan A, Gurinovic M, Mandić L, et al. Validity of an FFQ assessing the vitamin D intake of young Serbian women living in a region without food fortification: the method of triads model. Public Health Nutr. 2016;19:437-45 pubmed publisher..686, 0.422 and 0.404. The FFQ applied in the present study is a valid tool for assessing dietary vitamin D intake in women living in Serbia, a region without mandatory vitamin D food fortification. ..
- Stanojević I, Miller K, Kandolf Sekulovic L, Mijušković Z, Zolotarevski L, Jovic M, et al. A subpopulation that may correspond to granulocytic myeloid-derived suppressor cells reflects the clinical stage and progression of cutaneous melanoma. Int Immunol. 2016;28:87-97 pubmed publisher..The increase in GrMDSC frequencies correlates well with a progressive disease and could be considered a potential predictive biomarker of high-risk melanoma cases that are more likely to have a shorter PFI. ..
- Mrachacz Kersting N, Jiang N, Stevenson A, Niazi I, Kostic V, Pavlovic A, et al. Efficient neuroplasticity induction in chronic stroke patients by an associative brain-computer interface. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:1410-21 pubmed publisher..This association may become the driving principle for the design of BCI rehabilitation in the future. Indeed, no available BCIs can match this degree of functional improvement with such a short intervention. ..
- Brkovic B, Todorovic L, Stojic D. Comparison of clonidine and epinephrine in lidocaine anaesthesia for lower third molar surgery. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;34:401-6 pubmed..The presented data suggest that clonidine could be a useful and safe alternative to epinephrine for intraoral block anaesthesia. ..
- Cvjeticanin S, Marinkovic D. Genetic variability in the group of patients with congenital hip dislocation. Genetika. 2005;41:1142-6 pubmed..Comparing frequencies of Rh blood groups, there is no difference between tested samples...
- Kandolf Sekulovic L, Cikota B, Stojadinovic O, Basanovic J, Skiljevic D, Medenica L, et al. TCRgamma gene rearrangement analysis in skin samples and peripheral blood of mycosis fungoides patients. Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Pannonica Adriat. 2007;16:149-55 pubmed
- Maksimovic H, Markovic B, Pejcic T, Hadzi Djokic J, Markovic Z, Yachia D. Interventional radiology methods of treating ureteral strictures developed on anastomoses after the radical cystectomy in Mainz pouch II and ileal conduit derivation. Acta Chir Iugosl. 2007;54:83-7 pubmed..They include ambulatory conditions, ability to repeat procedure, without complications -excluding restenosis which finally can be surgically treated. ..
- Tomic S, Djokic J, Vasilijic S, Vucevic D, Todorovic V, Supic G, et al. Immunomodulatory properties of mesenchymal stem cells derived from dental pulp and dental follicle are susceptible to activation by toll-like receptor agonists. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:695-708 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that dental MSCs are functionally different and each of these functions should be further explored in vivo before their specific biomedical applications...
- Babic S, Sagic D, Radak D, Antonic Z, Otasevic P, Kovacevic V, et al. Initial and long-term results of endovascular therapy for chronic total occlusion of the subclavian artery. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012;35:255-62 pubmed publisher..To study the initial and long-term results of angioplasty and primary stenting for the treatment of chronic total occlusion (CTO) of the subclavian artery (SA)...
- Djordjevic M, Stanojevic D, Bizic M. Rectosigmoid vaginoplasty: clinical experience and outcomes in 86 cases. J Sex Med. 2011;8:3487-94 pubmed publisher..According to our results, sexual function and psychosocial status of patients who underwent rectosigmoid vaginoplasty were not affected in general, and patients attained complete recovery. ..
- Milutinović D, Macut D, Bozic I, Nestorov J, Damjanovic S, Matic G. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis hypersensitivity and glucocorticoid receptor expression and function in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2011;119:636-43 pubmed publisher..The results did not confirm the initial hypothesis, but imply that PCOS is associated with increased GR protein concentration and HPA axis sensitivity to dexamethasone. ..
- Popević M, Milovanović A, Nagorni Obradovic L, Nesić D, Milovanovic J, Milovanović A. Screening commercial drivers for obstructive sleep apnea: translation and validation of Serbian version of Berlin Questionnaire. Qual Life Res. 2016;25:343-349 pubmed publisher..5 %. Berlin Questionnaire (Serbian version) showed good measurement properties, creating basis for further research of its usefulness as OSA screening tool in populations of interest. ..