Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia
Locale: Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Surbatovic M, Grujic K, Cikota B, Jevtic M, Filipovic N, Romic P, et al. Polymorphisms of genes encoding tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-10, cluster of differentiation-14 and interleukin-1ra in critically ill patients. J Crit Care. 2010;25:542.e1-8 pubmed publisher..Distribution of TNF-?(308) genotypes is associated with outcome, IL-10(1082) with type of microorganism and underlying cause of sepsis, and CD14(159) with type of microorganism. ..
- Peric S, Rakocevic Stojanovic V, Stevic Z, Basta I, Pavlovic S, Vujanac V, et al. Health-related quality of life in patients with myotonic dystrophy type 1 and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Acta Neurol Belg. 2010;110:71-7 pubmed..On the other hand, in ALS patients depressiveness and anxious symptoms were uncommon and the factors found to contribute to HRQoL were severity of disease and educational level...
- Supic G, Kozomara R, Jovic N, Zeljic K, Magic Z. Hypermethylation of RUNX3 but not WIF1 gene and its association with stage and nodal status of tongue cancers. Oral Dis. 2011;17:794-800 pubmed publisher..058) and tumor stage (P = 0.055). Our findings indicate that RUNX3 and WIF1 are frequently aberrantly methylated and that RUNX3 promoter methylation could be considered as a potential prognostic marker in tongue carcinoma. ..
- Savic D, Rakocvic Stojanovic V, Keckarevic D, Culjkovic B, Stojkovic O, Mladenovic J, et al. 250 CTG repeats in DMPK is a threshold for correlation of expansion size and age at onset of juvenile-adult DM1. Hum Mutat. 2002;19:131-9 pubmed
- Colovic R, Grubor N, Colovic N, Ivić L. [Abdominal pregnancy with the placenta located on the spleen left in situ causing subphrenic abscess]. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2002;130:320-2 pubmed..Postoperatively the patient developed subphrenic abscess which could not be solved without reoperation during which both the placenta and the spleen were removed. Ten years after surgery she is symptom-free...
- Stepanovic S, Jezek P, Dakic I, Vukovic D, Seifert L. Staphylococcus sciuri: an unusual cause of pelvic inflammatory disease. Int J STD AIDS. 2005;16:452-3 pubmed..The low rate of isolation we established, however, indicates infrequent and, most probably, transient colonization of the female genital tract by S. sciuri. ..
- Marinkovic S, Todorovic V, Gibo H, Budec M, Drndarevic N, Pesić D, et al. The trigeminal vasculature pathology in patients with neuralgia. Headache. 2007;47:1334-9 pubmed..The observed pathological changes of the trigeminal vasculature could be the primary factor, while demyelination of the trigeminal nerve fibers could be the secondary process in some patients with neuralgia. ..
- Kasapović J, Pejić S, Todorović A, Stojiljković V, Pajović S. Antioxidant status and lipid peroxidation in the blood of breast cancer patients of different ages. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008;26:723-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data support the importance of endogenous AOs in the etiology of breast cancer across all levels of predicted risk. ..
- Pekmezovic T, Svetel M, Ivanovic N, Dragasevic N, Petrovic I, Tepavcevic D, et al. Quality of life in patients with focal dystonia. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2009;111:161-4 pubmed publisher..Similar relationships were observed between anxiety and SF-36 domains. Depression and anxiety are the most important predictors of poorer HR-QoL in patients with all three types of focal dystonia. ..
- Kecmanovic M, Ristic A, Sokic D, Keckarevic Markovic M, Vojvodic N, Ercegovac M, et al. Coexistence of Unverricht-Lundborg disease and congenital deafness: molecular resolution of a complex comorbidity. Epilepsia. 2009;50:1612-5 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge this is the first genetic confirmation of the coexistence of these two mutations. ..
- Perovic I, Milovanovic M, Stanic D, Burazer L, Petrovic D, Milcic Matic N, et al. Allergenicity and immunogenicity of the major mugwort pollen allergen Art v 1 chemically modified by acetylation. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:435-46 pubmed publisher..Art v 1 modified by acetylation had a significantly reduced allergenicity in vitro and in vivo, while its immunogenicity was retained. Modification of allergens by acetylation could be a new strategy for allergen-specific immunotherapy. ..
- Besu I, Jankovic L, Magdu I, Konic Ristic A, Raskovic S, Juranic Z. Humoral immunity to cow's milk proteins and gliadin within the etiology of recurrent aphthous ulcers?. Oral Dis. 2009;15:560-4 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the strong association between high levels of serum anti-CMP IgA, IgG and IgE antibodies and clinical manifestations of recurrent aphthous ulcers. ..
- Ciraj Bjelac O, Rehani M, Sim K, Liew H, Vano E, Kleiman N. Risk for radiation-induced cataract for staff in interventional cardiology: is there reason for concern?. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;76:826-34 pubmed publisher..While study of a larger cohort is needed to confirm these findings, the results suggest ocular radio-protection should be utilized. ..
- Antic D, Mihaljevic B, Cokic V, Fekete M, Djurasevic T, Pavlovic S, et al. Patients with early stage chronic lymphocytic leukemia: new risk stratification based on molecular profiling. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1394-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with a score of 0 had a TTT of 58.4 months, while patients with a score of 3 (increased levels of β(2)M, LPL, and VEGF) had a significantly shorter TTT of only 10.6 months (p < 0.0001). ..
- Svirtlih N, Delic D, Simonovic J, Dokic L, Gvozdenovic E, Dulovic O, et al. Characteristics of patients dying from acute viral hepatitis in Serbia. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2011;22:152-7 pubmed..High activity of alanine aminotransferase reflects rapid and extensive acute viral liver injury, while deep jaundice is more common in a protracted course of the disease. ..
- Markovic A, Colic S, Drazic R, Gacic B, Todorovic A, Stajcić Z. Resonance frequency analysis as a reliable criterion for early loading of sandblasted/acid-etched active surface implants placed by the osteotome sinus floor elevation technique. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011;26:718-24 pubmed..An early loading protocol can be used for SLActive implants placed in the posterior maxilla via the osteotome sinus floor elevation technique if their stability is confirmed by RFA. ..
- Milovic Kovacevic M, Srdic Rajic T, Radulovic S, Bjelogrlic S, Gavrilovic D. Expression of ERCC1 protein in biopsy specimen predicts survival in advanced ovarian cancer patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. J BUON. 2011;16:708-14 pubmed..Our results revealed that ERCC1 protein expression could potentially be used to customize chemotherapy by defining subsets of patients who would benefit the least from platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Stamatovic D, Balint B, Tukic L, Elez M, Tarabar O, Todorovic M, et al. Impact of stem cell source on allogeneic stem cell transplantation outcome in hematological malignancies. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2011;68:1026-32 pubmed..Finally, the long-term OS was better in the patients treated by BMT. To verify impact of SC source on transplantation (PBSCT vs BMT) overall efficacy, more larger randomized clinical studies are needed. ..
- Å½ivkoviÄ‡ M, KolakoviÄ‡ A, StojkoviÄ‡ L, DinÄiÄ‡ E, KostiÄ‡ S, AlavantiÄ‡ D, et al. Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms as risk factors for multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2016;363:29-32 pubmed publisher..67, 95%CI=1.13-2.49, ?(2) test p=0.01), suggesting that this genotype could be a gender-specific genetic risk factor for MS. ..
- Dackovic J, Pekmezovic T, Mesaros S, Dujmovic I, Stojsavljevic N, Martinović V, et al. The Rao's Brief Repeatable Battery in the study of cognition in different multiple sclerosis phenotypes: application of normative data in a Serbian population. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:1475-81 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have found that cognitive deficit is most severe and most frequent in SPMS patients, followed by PPMS subjects and then CIS and RRMS patients. ..
- Poluga J, Milosević I, Jordovic J, Dakić Z, Lavadinovic L, Stevanović G, et al. Clinical characteristics of imported malaria: An 11-year experience in a Serbian referral center. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016;10:770-6 pubmed publisher..Hyperparasitemia, high bilirubin levels, and neurological symptoms are associated with severe malaria. The importance of adequate malaria chemoprophylaxis cannot be overstated. ..
- Cassatella D, Howard S, Acierno J, Xu C, Papadakis G, Santoni F, et al. Congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and constitutional delay of growth and puberty have distinct genetic architectures. Eur J Endocrinol. 2018;178:377-388 pubmed publisher..002) and controls (2%, P = 6.4 × 10-7). Our data suggest that CDGP and CHH have distinct genetic profiles, and this finding may facilitate the differential diagnosis in patients presenting with delayed puberty. ..
- Tomasevic Z, Jelic S, Nikolic L, Filipovic I, Stamatovic L, Radosavljevic D. Negative CEA values in metastatic colorectal carcinoma and the likelihood of complete chemotherapy response. Int J Biol Markers. 2003;18:28-32 pubmed..Surprisingly, there are very few data available about negative CEA. The aim of this study was to determine the significance of negative initial CEA values in patients with metastatic colorectal carcinoma...
- Bogavac Stanojevic N, Djurovic S, Jelic Ivanovic Z, Spasojevic Kalimanovska V, Kalimanovska Ostric D. Circulating transforming growth factor-beta1, lipoprotein(a) and cellular adhesion molecules in angiographically assessed coronary artery disease. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2003;41:893-8 pubmed..The CAM concentrations obtained in CAD patients did not differ significantly as compared with the corresponding values in the controls. None of the measured parameters were influenced by the severity of CAD. ..
- Bogdanovic R, Kuburović V, Stajic N, Mughal S, Hilger A, Ninić S, et al. Liddle syndrome in a Serbian family and literature review of underlying mutations. Eur J Pediatr. 2012;171:471-8 pubmed publisher..Early diagnosis and appropriately tailored treatment avoid complications of long-term unrecognized or inappropriately managed hypertension. ..
- Zmbova B, Djokic D, Bogdanova V, Tadzer I, Ajdinovic B, Rastovac M. Synthesis of p-aminohippuric acid analog and its labeling by technetium-99m. Int J Rad Appl Instrum A. 1989;40:225-34 pubmed..However, it has slightly slower urinary elimination compared to hippuran, which it makes possible to use PAHIDA as a replacement of hippuran to a certain extent...
- Babovic N, Jelic S, Milanovic N, Matkovic S. Pilot study of daily ifosfamide 1 g/m2 until grade III granulocytopenia as second-line chemotherapy for anthracycline-pretreated advanced soft tissue sarcoma. Tumori. 1998;84:677-80 pubmed
- Samardzic M, Grujicic D, Rasulic L, Bacetic D. Transfer of the medial pectoral nerve: myth or reality?. Neurosurgery. 2002;50:1277-82 pubmed..Our surgical results suggest that the transfer of the medial pectoral nerve to the musculocutaneous nerve and also to the axillary nerve may be a reliable and effective procedure. ..
- Perovic S, Djinovic R, Bumbasirevic M, Djordjevic M, Vukovic P. Total phalloplasty using a musculocutaneous latissimus dorsi flap. BJU Int. 2007;100:899-905; discussion 905 pubmed..The MLD flap allows the creation of a neophallus of good size and with a good aesthetic appearance; it allows urethroplasty and safe implantation of a penile prosthesis, and it can also be used in children. ..
- Lazovic G, Milicevic S, Atanackovic J, Milosevic V, Bozanovic T, Gojnic M. Leiomyoma of the uterus and retroperitoneal angioleiomyoma: case report. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2007;34:257-8 pubmed..The tumor had a soft consistency and was completely removed. Histopathology showed features of angioleiomyoma. Angioleiomyoma is a rare benign entity; hence a benign course and good prognosis are expected...
- Todorovic M, Balint B, Jevtic M, Suvajdzic N, Ceric A, Stamatovic D, et al. Primary gastric mucosa associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma: clinical data predicted treatment outcome. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2388-93 pubmed..005). In addition to this, Cox proportion hazard model differentiate IPI score, ESR, and platelets as predictors of survival. ..
- Dzamić A, Colović I, Arsić Arsenijević V, Stepanovic S, Boricic I, Dzamic Z, et al. Human Dirofilaria repens infection in Serbia. J Helminthol. 2009;83:129-37 pubmed publisher..The amplified 246 bp PCR product showed that the worms were D. repens...
- Juranic Z, Besu I, Jelic S, Konic Ristic A, Matkovic S, Jankovic L, et al. Some patients with NHL possessed immunoreactivity to gliadin and to cow's milk proteins. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:212-216 pubmed publisher..They call for the new research of the clinical importance of both, the elevated humoral immunity to food antigens (gluten, cow's milk proteins) for the course of this very severe hematological disease. ..
- Radosavljevic D, Golubicic I, Gavrilovic D, Kezic I, Jelic S. Do the time to chemotherapy response and the dose intensity have an impact on patient outcome in advanced non-small cell lung cancer?. J BUON. 2009;14:203-9 pubmed..SD patients. Early response was not associated with better survival, DI in SD patients did not differ from responding patients, but responding patients received more cisplatin and lived longer. ..
- Stojnić J, Stefanovic A, Jeremic K, Kadija S, Jeftovic M, Jeremic J. Krukenberg tumor of gastric origin in pregnancy with dismal outcome. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2011;32:356-8 pubmed..In spite of surgery and postoperative multiagent chemotherapy, the patient died six months from the diagnosis of Krukenberg. ..
- Peric A, Vojvodic D, Radulović V, Vukomanović Durdević B, Perić A, Miljanovic O. Proinflammatory cytokine levels in nasal fluid as indicators of severity of nasal polyposis. Acta Clin Croat. 2010;49:395-403 pubmed..The concentrations of cytokines measured in nasal fluid were not sensitive enough to be universal criteria to determine the severity of all forms of nasal polyposis. ..
- Petrovic J, Barisic G, Krivokapic Z, Krivokapić B. Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the urinary bladder after long-term duodeno-renal and colovesical fistula--case report. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2012;107:534-6 pubmed..We present a case of a 40 years old man who had surgery for colovesical and duodenorenal fistula and subsequently developed adenocarcinoma of the urinary bladder...
- Božović A, Markićević M, Dimitrijevic B, Jovanovic Cupic S, Krajnovic M, Lukic S, et al. Potential clinical significance of ER? ON promoter methylation in sporadic breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2013;30:642 pubmed publisher..27, P < 0.01). The methylation index of the ON promoter could be a more reliable additional parameter for prediction and/or prognosis in breast cancer than ER?1-mRNA and/or protein levels. ..
- Zaric S, Bojic B, Popovic B, Milasin J. Eradication of gastric Helicobacter pylori ameliorates halitosis and tongue coating. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2015;16:205-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that eradication of gastric H. pylori significantly alleviates halitosis and coated tongue, the two oral conditions that may be considered as extragastric manifestations of this common chronic bacterial infection. ..
- Pajic J, Rakić B, Jovicic D, Milovanovic A. A cytogenetic study of hospital workers occupationally exposed to radionuclides in Serbia: premature centromere division as novel biomarker of exposure?. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2016;89:477-84 pubmed publisher..Identification of other phenomena related to radionuclide exposure, beside well known, may clarify recent problems in radiobiology concerning the biological response to low doses of ionizing radiation and its consequences. ..
- Jakovljević A, Andric M, Knezevic A, Soldatovic I, Nikolic N, Karalic D, et al. Human Cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr Virus Genotypes in Apical Periodontitis Lesions. J Endod. 2015;41:1847-51 pubmed publisher..038). Both HCMV and EBV are associated with inflammatory processes of periapical bone destruction. HCMV gB type II and EBV-1 are the most prevalent genotypes in apical periodontitis lesions. ..
- Kravljaca M, Perovic V, Pravica V, Brkovic V, Milinkovic M, Lausevic M, et al. The importance of MDR1 gene polymorphisms for tacrolimus dosage. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;83:109-13 pubmed publisher..It may be helpful in the prevention of tacrolimus nephrotoxicity early after transplantation. ..
- Milosević D, Janosevic L, Janosević S, Invanković Z, Dergenc R. Skin reactivity to vasomotor agents in non-eosinophilic and eosinophilic non-allergic rhinitis. J Laryngol Otol. 2002;116:519-22 pubmed
- Davidovic L, Markovic D, Pejkić S, Kovacević N, Colić M, Dorić P. Subclavian artery aneurysms. Asian J Surg. 2003;26:7-11; discussion 12 pubmed..Surgical treatment is recommended for all patients with subclavian artery aneurysms to prevent potential complications. ..
- Otasevic P, Popovic Z, Vasiljević J, Vidaković R, Pratali L, Vlahovic A, et al. Relation of myocardial histomorphometric features and left ventricular contractile reserve assessed by high-dose dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Eur J Heart Fail. 2005;7:49-56 pubmed..565, p=0.004, and r=-0.455, p=0.025). Contractile reserve elicited by high-dose dobutamine is strongly related to the degree of histological disruption in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Stojanovich L, Milovanovich B, De Luka S, Popovich Kuzmanovich D, Bisenich V, Djukanovich B, et al. Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction in systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, primary Sjögren syndrome and other autoimmune diseases. Lupus. 2007;16:181-5 pubmed..Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction was revealed in the majority of autoimmune patients. ..
- Risovic D, Misailovic K, Eric Marinkovic J, Kosanovic Jakovic N, Milenkovic S, Petrovic L. Refractive errors and binocular dysfunctions in a population of university students. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2008;18:1-6 pubmed..This clinical study was performed to determine the presence of refractive errors and binocular dysfunctions in a population of university students...
- Popovic M, Dzoljic E, Kostic V. A method to assess hand motor blocks in Parkinson's disease with digitizing tablet. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008;216:317-24 pubmed..This low-cost instrument may be included in a clinical test battery because of short testing time and trouble-free preparation of patient...
- Stosovic M, Stanojevic M, Radovic M, Simic Ogrizovic S, Lezaic V, Naumovic R, et al. Hemodialysis modality, percentage of body fat, and patient survival. Int J Artif Organs. 2009;32:20-30 pubmed..This post hoc analysis of an observational prospective single-center study was aimed at elucidating whether both being overweight and surviving longer could result from changes in the hemodialysis modality...
- Antic D, Elezovic I, Bogdanovic A, Vukovic N, Pavlovic A, Jovanovic M, et al. Isolated myeloid sarcoma of the gastrointestinal tract. Intern Med. 2010;49:853-6 pubmed..This case is noteworthy because GI tract infiltration with leukemic cells is very rare, and it is even more rare as an occurrence preceding the development of systemic leukemia. ..
- Stojanov M, Stefanovic A, Džingalašević G, Mandić Radić S, Prostran M. Butyrylcholinesterase activity in young men and women: association with cardiovascular risk factors. Clin Biochem. 2011;44:623-6 pubmed publisher..Glucose as an independent risk factor for higher BuChE activity in females indicates that BuChE may be a predictor of diabetes. ..
- Tancić Gajić M, Vujovic S, Ivović M, Stojanovic M, Marina L, Barać M, et al. Adrenocorticotrophin-dependent hypercortisolism: imaging versus laboratory diagnosis. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2012;140:500-4 pubmed..No single test provides absolute distinction, but the combined results of several tests generally provide a correct diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome. ..
- Damjanovic S, Antic J, Ilic B, Cokic B, Ivović M, Ognjanovic S, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor and molecular chaperones in the pathogenesis of adrenal incidentalomas: potential role of reduced sensitivity to glucocorticoids. Mol Med. 2013;18:1456-65 pubmed publisher..The innate GC sensitivity probably modifies these effects. ..
- Rajilić Stojanović M, Shanahan F, Guarner F, de Vos W. Phylogenetic analysis of dysbiosis in ulcerative colitis during remission. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:481-8 pubmed publisher..Dysbiosis in UC is stable in time and shared between patients from different geographic locations. The microbial alterations offer a mechanistic insight into the pathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Batinić B, Saula Marojević B, Vukosavljevic Gvozden T. Personality profiles of patients with dysthymic and panic disorder. Psychiatr Danub. 2013;25:115-22 pubmed..Personality profiles of persons suffering from DD and PD/PDA are very similar, with differences being more dimensional than qualitative. Theoretical and practical implications of these findings have been discussed. ..
- JoksiÄ‡ J, SopiÄ‡ M, SpasojeviÄ‡ Kalimanovska V, GojkoviÄ‡ T, ZeljkoviÄ‡ A, VekiÄ‡ J, et al. Higher circulating resistin protein and PBMCs resistin mRNA levels are associated with increased prevalence of small dense LDL particles in coronary artery disease patients. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2016;43:22-8 pubmed publisher
- Đorđević I, Kukolj T, Krstić J, Trivanović D, Obradović H, Santibanez J, et al. The inhibition of periodontal ligament stem cells osteogenic differentiation by IL-17 is mediated via MAPKs. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;71:92-101 pubmed publisher..Obtained data suggested that IL-17 might contribute to alveolar bone loss in PD. ..
- Ivkovic M, Pantović Stefanović M, Dunjić Kostić B, Jurisic V, Lackovic M, Totić Poznanović S, et al. Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio predicting suicide risk in euthymic patients with bipolar disorder: Moderatory effect of family history. Compr Psychiatry. 2016;66:87-95 pubmed publisher..This could lead to prevention in suicide behavior in the patient population at particular risk of suicide. ..
- Santric Milicevic M, Rosić N, Babić U, Šupić Terzić Z, Jankovic J, Todorovic J, et al. An Approach to Determine the Prevalence of Poor Mental Health among Urban and Rural Population in Serbia Using Propensity Score Matching. Cent Eur J Public Health. 2017;25:106-112 pubmed publisher..Our study findings also support the importance of promoting benefits of rural settings for people with mental distress. ..
- Krstic Z, Smoljanic Z, Mićović Z, Vukadinovic V, Sretenovic A, Varinac D. Surgical treatment of the Müllerian duct remnants. J Pediatr Surg. 2001;36:870-6 pubmed..Surgical treatment of MDR in intersex patients varies according to the size of the utricle, and a double approach is often necessary. A high degree of success may be achieved with minimal morbidity. J Pediatr Surg 36:870-876. ..
- Stojanovic M, Inic Kanada A, Popovic Z, Zivkovic I, Dimitrijevic L. Changes in pools of autoantibodies and anti-bacterial antibodies in patients suffering from recurrent infections of the urinary tract and undergoing bacterial immunization treatment. Immunol Lett. 2004;94:123-33 pubmed
- Zivaljevic V, Vlajinac H, Marinkovic J, Paunovic I, Diklic A, Dzodic R. Cigarette smoking as a risk factor for cancer of the thyroid in women. Tumori. 2004;90:273-5 pubmed..Thyroid cancer, whose etiology is largely uncertain, has been negatively associated with cigarette smoking in a several studies. We examined the association between cigarette smoking and risk for female thyroid cancer...
- Stosovic M, Stanojevic M, Radovic M, Naumovic R, Jovanovic D, Simic S, et al. Comparative survival analysis of urea kinetic based indices. Int J Artif Organs. 2005;28:566-75 pubmed..This prospective, single-center study was carried out with the aim to compare predictive value of different indices and methods of measuring dialysis dose...
- Krtolica K, Krajnovic M, Usaj Knezevic S, Babic D, Jovanovic D, Dimitrijevic B. Comethylation of p16 and MGMT genes in colorectal carcinoma: correlation with clinicopathological features and prognostic value. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:1187-94 pubmed..Our data suggest that comethylation of promoters of p16 and MGMT genes could have a prognostic value in patients with CRC. Specifically, concurrent methylation of both genes correlates with better prognosis. ..
- Sopta J, Dordević A, Tulic G, Mijucić V. Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma: our clinico-pathological experience and dilemmas in 25 cases. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2008;134:147-52 pubmed..In five patients (fracture-free), resection limb-salvage surgical intervention was performed. The lethal outcome ensues within less than 2 years in all patients. ..
- Bulat Z, Dukic Cosic D, Dokic M, Bulat P, Matovic V. Blood and urine cadmium and bioelements profile in nickel-cadmium battery workers in Serbia. Toxicol Ind Health. 2009;25:129-35 pubmed publisher..Cd exposure resulted in disturbances of Zn in blood and urine and Mg in blood but had no effect on Cu and Fe content in biological fluids. ..
- Colic M, Gazivoda D, Majstorovic I, Dragicevic A, Vasilijic S, Rudolf R, et al. Immunomodulatory activity of IL-27 in human periapical lesions. J Dent Res. 2009;88:1142-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that IL-27 is an immunomodulatory cytokine in periapical lesions, with complex biological effects. ..
- Dzodic R, Stanojevic B, Saenko V, Nakashima M, Markovic I, Pupic G, et al. Intraductal papilloma of ectopic breast tissue in axillary lymph node of a patient with a previous intraductal papilloma of ipsilateral breast: a case report and review of the literature. Diagn Pathol. 2010;5:17 pubmed publisher..This case shows that even though benign proliferative change in ectopic breast tissue is an extremely rare phenomenon, this possibility should be taken into account for correct diagnosis. ..
- Maric N, Doknic M, Pavlovic D, Pekic S, Stojanovic M, Jasovic Gasic M, et al. Psychiatric and neuropsychological changes in growth hormone-deficient patients after traumatic brain injury in response to growth hormone therapy. J Endocrinol Invest. 2010;33:770-5 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary data support the necessity of conducting randomized placebo-controlled trials on the effects of GH therapy on neuropsychological and psychiatric status in GHD TBI patients. ..
- Tadic M, Ivanovic B, Zivkovic N. Predictors of atrial fibrillation following coronary artery bypass surgery. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17:CR48-55 pubmed..001). This study demonstrates that advanced age, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, hypercholesterolemia, leukocytosis, and segmental kinetic disturbances of the left ventricle are powerful risk factors for the occurrence of POAF. ..
- Ljustina S, Berisavac I, Berisavac M, Kovacević Vukolić L, Velicković Aleksić V, Markovic N. Analysis of intracranial hemorrhage grade in preterm singleton pregnancies delivered vaginally or by cesarean section. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2013;70:255-8 pubmed..There was no significant difference in the incidence of IVH among both groups. Our data is consistent with the hypothesis that the mode of delivery does not influence IVH and consenquently perinatal outcome in preterm neonates. ..
- Misovic M, Milenković D, Martinovic T, Ciric D, Bumbasirevic V, Kravic Stevovic T. Short-term exposure to UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C irradiation induces alteration in cytoskeleton and autophagy in human keratinocytes. Ultrastruct Pathol. 2013;37:241-8 pubmed publisher..The authors assume that autophagy found as a result of UV radiation of human keratinocytes acts as a cytoprotective mechanism against UV-induced apoptosis...
- ÄŒobeljiÄ‡ R, MiljkoviÄ‡ N, RibariÄ‡ Jankes K, Å virtlih L. A paradigm of galvanic vestibular stimulation diminishes the soleus muscle H-reflex in healthy volunteers. Spinal Cord. 2016;54:150-3 pubmed publisher..One of the authors (Nadica MiljkoviÄ‡) was partly supported by the Ministry of education, science and technological development, Republic of Serbia, grant OS175016. ..
- Bondžić A, Colović M, Janjić G, Zaric B, Petrovic S, Krstic D, et al. The influence of oxo-bridged binuclear gold(III) complexes on Na/K-ATPase activity: a joint experimental and theoretical approach. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2017;22:819-832 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, lactate dehydrogenase activity, an indicator of membrane integrity/viability, was not affected by Auoxo6 and Au2bipyC, while Au2phen slightly modified its activity. ..
- Ganos C, Crowe B, Stamelou M, KresojeviÄ‡ N, LukiÄ‡ M, Bras J, et al. The clinical syndrome of dystonia with anarthria/aphonia. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;24:20-7 pubmed publisher..Various causes may account for the profound speech disturbance. A practical brain MRI-based algorithm is provided to aid the diagnostic procedure. ..
- Doknic M, Pekic S, Zarkovic M, Medic Stojanoska M, Dieguez C, Casanueva F, et al. Dopaminergic tone and obesity: an insight from prolactinomas treated with bromocriptine. Eur J Endocrinol. 2002;147:77-84 pubmed..234, P>0.05). The long-acting dopamine agonist BC, by increasing dopaminergic tone, may influence body weight and likely body composition by mechanisms in addition to reducing hyperprolactinemia in patients with prolactinomas. ..
- Nikolic S, Mihailovic Z, Micic J. [Suicide by electrocution--2 case reports]. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2004;132:38-40 pubmed..In second case, it was a female, age of 46, abused by her husband, who committed suicide by putting the switched hear-dryer into the water in bathtub. ..
- Roganovic Z. Missile-caused median nerve injuries: results of 81 repairs. Surg Neurol. 2005;63:410-8; discussion 418-9 pubmed..We present repair outcome for all median nerve injuries in which the median nerve was severed either by missile injury or secondarily in the subsequent resection of a neuroma in continuity...
- Todorovic Z, Dzoljic E, Novakovic I, Mirković D, Stojanovic R, Nesic Z, et al. Homocysteine serum levels and MTHFR C677T genotype in patients with Parkinson's disease, with and without levodopa therapy. J Neurol Sci. 2006;248:56-61 pubmed..In conclusion, MTHFR C677T genotype is a significant factor for hyperhomocysteinemia in patients with PD, levodopa-untreated and probably even more in levodopa-treated PD patients. ..
- Cvorovic L, Deric D, Probst R, Hegemann S. Prognostic model for predicting hearing recovery in idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Otol Neurotol. 2008;29:464-9 pubmed publisher..We created a model for calculating the probability for hearing recovery based on the analysis of 529 patients with unilateral ISSHL. ..
- Djuric T, Zivkovic M, Radak D, Jekić D, Radak S, Stojković L, et al. Association of MMP-3 5A/6A gene polymorphism with susceptibility to carotid atherosclerosis. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:1326-9 pubmed publisher..35, CI=1.0-5.5, p=0.048). Subjects carrying genotypes with 6A allele had significantly higher susceptibility to carotid atherosclerosis. ..
- Simic A, Radovanovic N, Stojakov D, Bjelovic M, Kotarac M, Sabljak P, et al. Surgical experience of the national institution in the treatment of Zenker's diverticula. Acta Chir Iugosl. 2009;56:25-33 pubmed..To review the 8-year experience of the Department of Esophagogastric Surgery, First Surgical University Hospital in Belgrade in the surgical management of Zenker's diverticula (ZD)...
- Ivkovic M, Damjanovic A, Jovanovic A, Cvetić T, Jasovic Gasic M. Lamotrigine versus lithium augmentation of antidepressant therapy in treatment-resistant depression: efficacy and tolerability. Psychiatr Danub. 2009;21:187-93 pubmed..Also, lamotrigine may accelerate the onset of antidepressant action, and therefore might be useful in treatment of major depression in general. ..
- Duisin D, Barisić J, Nikolić Balkoski G. Case report of autogynophilia--family, ethical and surgical implications. Psychiatr Danub. 2009;21:242-5 pubmed..Before any decision is made, both medical but also ethical consequences of the treatment choice need to be considered (e.g., the client is the father of two underage children). ..
- Djuric M, Djonic D, Milovanovic P, Nikolic S, Marshall R, Marinkovic J, et al. Region-specific sex-dependent pattern of age-related changes of proximal femoral cancellous bone and its implications on differential bone fragility. Calcif Tissue Int. 2010;86:192-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the aging process in the proximal femur cannot be regarded as a simple function of quantitative bone loss but, rather, as an alteration of specific architecture that may degrade bone strength. ..
- Popovic V, Mattsson A, Gaillard R, Wilton P, Koltowska Haggstrom M, Ranke M. Serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-binding proteins 2 and 3, and the risk for development of malignancies in adults with growth hormone (GH) deficiency treated with GH: data from KIMS (Pfizer International Metabolic Database). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:4449-54 pubmed publisher..01)]. IGF-I levels targeted to within normal age-related reference ranges during GH replacement were not associated with the occurrence of malignancies. Higher IGFBP-2 and/or IGFBP-3 SDSs may be associated with increased cancer risk. ..
- Sessa T, Civović J, Pajević T, Juloski J, Beloica M, Pavlovic V, et al. Scanning electron microscopic examination of Enamel surface after fixed orthodontic treatment: in-vivo study. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 2012;140:22-8 pubmed..Most bond failures took place at enamel-adhesive interface. ARItooth was a predictor to enamel surface damage. The type of material did not affect enamel surface damage. ..
- Djordjevic M, Bizic M. Comparison of two different methods for urethral lengthening in female to male (metoidioplasty) surgery. J Sex Med. 2013;10:1431-8 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the two methods for urethral lengthening confirmed combined buccal mucosa graft and labia minora flap as a method of choice for urethroplasty in metoidioplasty, minimizing postoperative complications. ..