Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene silencing in Moscow, Russia
Locale: Moscow, Russia
Topic: gene silencing
- Gvozdev V, Aravin A, Abramov Y, Klenov M, Kogan G, Lavrov S, et al. Stellate repeats: targets of silencing and modules causing cis-inactivation and trans-activation. Genetica. 2003;117:239-45 pubmed..Trans-activation effect was retained after transposition of this construct into heterochromatic environment in spite of strong variegation of a mini-white gene...
- Shpiz S, Olovnikov I, Sergeeva A, Lavrov S, Abramov Y, Savitsky M, et al. Mechanism of the piRNA-mediated silencing of Drosophila telomeric retrotransposons. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:8703-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore piRNA-mediated transcriptional mode of silencing is involved in the control of retrotransposon expression in the Drosophila germline. ..
- Ioudinkova E, Ulianov S, Bunina D, Iarovaia O, Gavrilov A, Razin S. The inactivation of the ? gene in chicken erythroblasts of adult lineage is not mediated by packaging of the embryonic part of the ?-globin gene domain into a repressive heterochromatin-like structure. Epigenetics. 2011;6:1481-8 pubmed publisher..This conclusion is supported by the demonstration that in chicken erythroblasts of adult lineage, the embryonal and adult segments of the ?-globin gene domain show similar elevated sensitivities to DNase I...
- Savitsky M, Kwon D, Georgiev P, Kalmykova A, Gvozdev V. Telomere elongation is under the control of the RNAi-based mechanism in the Drosophila germline. Genes Dev. 2006;20:345-54 pubmed..Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA)-mediated control of telomeric retroelement transposition may occur at premeiotic stages, resulting in the maintenance of appropriate telomere length in gamete precursors. ..
- Usakin L, Kogan G, Kalmykova A, Gvozdev V. An alien promoter capture as a primary step of the evolution of testes-expressed repeats in the Drosophila melanogaster genome. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:1555-60 pubmed..Our results show that RNAi silencing, considered as a defense against viruses and transposable elements, may be involved in the evolution of eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Naumova N, Olenkina O, Gvozdev V. [Inactivation of reporter genes by cloned heterochromatic repeats of Drosophila melanogaster is accompanied by chromatin compaction]. Genetika. 2003;39:682-6 pubmed..However, no changes in the nucleosome organization of mini-white have been found. ..
- Vagin V, Klenov M, Kalmykova A, Stolyarenko A, Kotelnikov R, Gvozdev V. The RNA interference proteins and vasa locus are involved in the silencing of retrotransposons in the female germline of Drosophila melanogaster. RNA Biol. 2004;1:54-8 pubmed..We suggest participation of these proteins in the same silencing pathway. ..
- Tchurikov N, Chistyakova L, Zavilgelsky G, Manukhov I, Chernov B, Golova Y. Gene-specific silencing by expression of parallel complementary RNA in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26523-9 pubmed..Together with in vitro nuclease protection studies these results indicate that a parallel RNA duplex might be formed in vivo and both types of duplexes, antiparallel or parallel, can induce gene-specific silencing by similar mechanisms. ..
- Dugina V, Zwaenepoel I, Gabbiani G, Clement S, Chaponnier C. Beta and gamma-cytoplasmic actins display distinct distribution and functional diversity. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2980-8 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal new aspects of beta- and gamma-actin organization that support their functional diversity. ..
- Shevelyov Y, Nurminsky D. The nuclear lamina as a gene-silencing hub. Curr Issues Mol Biol. 2012;14:27-38 pubmed..This review summarizes recent advances in understanding of the mechanisms that link nuclear architecture, local chromatin structure, and gene regulation. ..
- Hovestadt V, Jones D, Picelli S, Wang W, Kool M, Northcott P, et al. Decoding the regulatory landscape of medulloblastoma using DNA methylation sequencing. Nature. 2014;510:537-41 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insights into the epigenetic regulation of transcription and genome organization in medulloblastoma pathogenesis, which are probably also of importance in a wider developmental and disease context. ..
- Ryazansky S, Radion E, Mironova A, Akulenko N, Abramov Y, Morgunova V, et al. Natural variation of piRNA expression affects immunity to transposable elements. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006731 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that hyper-efficient piRNA production is contributing to elimination of a telomeric retrotransposon HeT-A, which we have observed in one particular transposon-resistant R strain. ..