Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Moscow, Russia
Locale: Moscow, Russia
Publications513 found, 100 shown here
- Tverskaya M, Sukhoparova V, Karpova V, Kadyrova M, Klyuchikov V. Pathomorphology of the heart conduction system: comparative study during increase in left or right ventricular afterload. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2011;151:634-7 pubmed..These data attest the presence of a pathomorphological base for the appearance of arrhythmias during the acute phase of pressure overload of the heart, especially in cases when it is aggravated by heart failure. ..
- Petrushanko I, Yakushev S, Mitkevich V, Kamanina Y, Ziganshin R, Meng X, et al. S-glutathionylation of the Na,K-ATPase catalytic ? subunit is a determinant of the enzyme redox sensitivity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32195-205 pubmed publisher..The rat ?2 isoform was more sensitive to GSSG than the ?1 isoform. Our findings imply that regulatory S-glutathionylation of the catalytic subunit plays a key role in the redox-induced regulation of Na,K-ATPase activity. ..
- Kibardin A, Mirkina I, Korneeva E, Gnuchev N, Georgiev G, Kiselev S. Molecular cloning of a new mouse gene tagL containing a lysozyme-like domain. Dokl Biochem. 2000;372:103-5 pubmed
- Bravarenko N, Ierusalimsky V, Korshunova T, Malyshev A, Zakharov I, Balaban P. Participation of GABA in establishing behavioral hierarchies in the terrestrial snail. Exp Brain Res. 2001;141:340-8 pubmed
- Gulyaeva N, Kudryashov I, Kudryashova I. Caspase activity is essential for long-term potentiation. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:853-64 pubmed..Candidate caspase-3 substrates that may be cleaved for LTP induction and maintenance are discussed. ..
- Kalyuzhin O, Lobanov D, Mulik E, Kimpaeva D, Zemlyakov A, Kalina N, et al. Effect of cycloalkyl glycosides of muramyl dipeptide on antibacterial resistance of mice and cytokine production by human mononuclear cells. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009;148:623-6 pubmed..Biological activity of beta-4-tert-butyl-cyclohexyl glycoside of muramyl dipeptide was lower than that of other glycosides of muramyl dipeptide. ..
- Chernorizov K, Elkina J, Semenyuk P, Svedas V, Muronetz V. Novel inhibitors of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase: covalent modification of NAD-binding site by aromatic thiols. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2010;75:1444-9 pubmed
- Olenkina O, Egorova K, Kibanov M, Gervaziev Y, Gvozdev V, Olenina L. Promoter contribution to the testis-specific expression of Stellate gene family in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2012;499:143-53 pubmed publisher..Here we characterized a new type of testis-specific core promoter and identified dUSF as its interacting transcription factor. ..
- Kalmykova A, Kwon D, Rozovsky Y, Hueber N, Capy P, Maisonhaute C, et al. Selective expansion of the newly evolved genomic variants of retrotransposon 1731 in the Drosophila genomes. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:2281-9 pubmed..Thus, expansion of the recently evolved genomic variants of the LTR retrotransposon 1731 possessing a new translation strategy, duplication in the U3 region, and extended profile of expression is revealed. ..
- Egiazaryan G, Sudakov K. Theory of functional systems in the scientific school of P.K. Anokhin. J Hist Neurosci. 2007;16:194-205 pubmed
- Abramochkin D, Petrov K, Zobov V, Yagodina L, Nikolsky E, Rosenshtraukh L. Mechanisms of cardiac muscle insensitivity to a novel acetylcholinesterase inhibitor C-547. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2009;53:162-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that C-547 might be employed to treat diseases such as myasthenia gravis or Alzheimer disease, without having unwanted effects on the heart. ..
- Kondratieva T, Rubakova E, Linge I, Evstifeev V, Majorov K, Apt A. B cells delay neutrophil migration toward the site of stimulus: tardiness critical for effective bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccination against tuberculosis infection in mice. J Immunol. 2010;184:1227-34 pubmed publisher..The defect is readily compensated for by the in vivo neutrophil depletion. ..
- Mishina N, Tyurin Kuzmin P, Markvicheva K, Vorotnikov A, Tkachuk V, Laketa V, et al. Does cellular hydrogen peroxide diffuse or act locally?. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:1-7 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that diffusion of H(2)O(2) across the cytoplasm was strongly limited, providing evidence that H(2)O(2) acts locally inside cells. ..
- Yashin D, Dukhanina E, Kabanova O, Romanova E, Lukyanova T, Tonevitskii A, et al. The heat shock-binding protein (HspBP1) protects cells against the cytotoxic action of the Tag7-Hsp70 complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10258-64 pubmed publisher..The simultaneous secretion of the cytotoxic complex with its inhibitor could be a mechanism protecting normal cells from the cytotoxic effect of this complex. ..
- Leushkin E, Bazykin G, Kondrashov A. Insertions and deletions trigger adaptive walks in Drosophila proteins. Proc Biol Sci. 2012;279:3075-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, an indel is often followed by an adaptive walk of length that is in agreement with the theory of molecular adaptation. ..
- Orlova N, Orlov A, Vorobiev I. A modular assembly cloning technique (aided by the BIOF software tool) for seamless and error-free assembly of long DNA fragments. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:303 pubmed publisher..This approach may be used to generate long artificial DNA fragments such as in vitro spliced cDNAs. ..
- Dibrova D, Cherepanov D, Galperin M, Skulachev V, Mulkidjanian A. Evolution of cytochrome bc complexes: from membrane-anchored dehydrogenases of ancient bacteria to triggers of apoptosis in vertebrates. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1827:1407-27 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Respiratory complex III and related bc complexes. ..
- Snezhkova E, Tridon A, Evrard B, Nikolaev V, Uvarov V, Tsimbalyuk R, et al. Binding Potency of Heparin Immobilized on Activated Charcoal for DNA Antibodies. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016;160:444-7 pubmed publisher..Research and development of heparin-containing carbonic adsorbents for the therapy of numerous inflammatory and autoimmune diseases seems to be a promising avenue in hematology. ..
- Zhanataev A, Presnova G, Chistyakov A, Durnev A. Effect of Betula bark extract on spontaneous and induced mutagenesis in mice. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2004;138:475-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that bark dry extract possesses antimutagenic properties. ..
- Wollensak G, Iomdina E, Dittert D, Salamatina O, Stoltenburg G. Cross-linking of scleral collagen in the rabbit using riboflavin and UVA. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2005;83:477-82 pubmed..In future studies these side-effects could be avoided by reducing the irradiation dose below the cytotoxic level of the retina. Before its clinical application, the new method should be tested in a myopia animal model. ..
- Agadzhanyan Z, Dmitriev L. A new role of glucose-6-phosphate isomerase: protection of cell structures from malonic dialdehyde. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2005;403:281-3 pubmed
- Kantidze O, Razin S. Chromatin loops, illegitimate recombination, and genome evolution. Bioessays. 2009;31:278-86 pubmed publisher..In this review, we consider recombination between DNA loop anchorage regions as a possible source of genome evolution. ..
- Bogdanov A, Mishin A, Yampolsky I, Belousov V, Chudakov D, Subach F, et al. Green fluorescent proteins are light-induced electron donors. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:459-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, via green-to-red GFP photoconversion, this process can be observed in living cells without additional treatment. ..
- Romanova L, Lidsky P, Kolesnikova M, Fominykh K, Gmyl A, Sheval E, et al. Antiapoptotic activity of the cardiovirus leader protein, a viral "security" protein. J Virol. 2009;83:7273-84 pubmed publisher..These proteins appear to be independent acquisitions in the evolution of picornaviruses, implying multiple cases of functional (though not structural) convergence. ..
- Ayollo D, Zhitnyak I, Vasiliev J, Gloushankova N. Rearrangements of the actin cytoskeleton and E-cadherin-based adherens junctions caused by neoplasic transformation change cell-cell interactions. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8027 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the disappearance of the marginal actin bundle and rearrangements of AJs may change the adhesive function of E-cadherin and play an active role in migratory activity of carcinoma cells. ..
- Shumyantseva V, Meshkov S, Ivanov YuD -, Alexandrova O, Uvarov VYu -, Archakov A. Interaction of organophosphorus analogues of amino acids with P450. Xenobiotica. 1995;25:219-27 pubmed..These latter changes indicate that substrate binding of organophosphorus compounds leads to alterations in haem conformation and to redistribution of the electron density...
- Zavadskaia E, Zakharova E, Kadulin S, Kibardin A, Kiselev S, Gnuchev N. [Production of recombinant endostatin in milk from transgenic mice]. Genetika. 2001;37:1207-12 pubmed..Several transgenic mice were obtained. The mice secreted endostatin in milk at 70-300 ng/microliter and transmitted this character to their progeny. ..
- Alyaudtin R, Reichel A, Lobenberg R, Ramge P, Kreuter J, Begley D. Interaction of poly(butylcyanoacrylate) nanoparticles with the blood-brain barrier in vivo and in vitro. J Drug Target. 2001;9:209-21 pubmed..For various procedural and regulatory reasons this necessitated the use of both rats and mice as experimental animals. The brain endothelial cell line used for the in vitro studies is the rat RBE4. ..
- Markova O, Evstafieva A, Mansurova S, Moussine S, Palamarchuk L, Pereverzev M, et al. Cytochrome c is transformed from anti- to pro-oxidant when interacting with truncated oncoprotein prothymosin alpha. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1557:109-17 pubmed..A possible role of tPT in the development of reactive oxygen species- and cytochrome c-mediated apoptosis is discussed. ..
- Grinenko N, Savitskaia N, Pashvykina G, Al tshteĭn A. [Hybrids of human and monkey adenoviruses (adeno-adeno hybrids) that can reproduce in monkey cells: biological and molecular genetic peculiarities]. Genetika. 2003;39:725-31 pubmed
- Sashchenko L, Dukhanina E, Yashin D, Shatalov Y, Romanova E, Korobko E, et al. Peptidoglycan recognition protein tag7 forms a cytotoxic complex with heat shock protein 70 in solution and in lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2117-24 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate how a heat shock protein may perform functions clearly distinct from chaperoning or cell rescue and how peptidoglycan recognition proteins may be involved in innate immunity and anti-cancer defense. ..
- Vaiman A, Shcherbak N, Kobliakov V. Cytochrome P-450 family 1 in rat embryo cell culture immortalized by Rausher leukemia virus. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2004;69:306-10 pubmed..Higher sensitivity of cells immortalized with RLV compared with the initial embryo cells to transforming effect of BP, which was described previously, is possibly associated with elevated expression of CYP1 isoforms. ..
- Villavicencio A, Vasconcellos M. First report of Lymnaea cousini Jousseaume, 1887 naturally infected with Fasciola hepatica (Linnaeus, 1758) (Trematoda: Digenea) in Machachi, Ecuador. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2005;100:735-7 pubmed..s.l., near the locality of Machachi, Pichincha Province. The prevalence of natural infection in L. cousini was 31.43%, which is the highest value ever recorded for naturally infected lymnaeid species...
- Grishanin A, Boikova T, Marshak T, Mel nik N, Naumova E, Zagoskin M, et al. The conservatism of the genome structure of Cyclops kolensis (Copepoda, Crustacea) populations inhabiting Moscow ponds and Lake Baikal. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2006;408:161-4 pubmed
- Dudnikova E, Vlasov A, Norkina S, Kireev D, Witter R. Factors influencing the attenuation of serotype 1 Marek's disease virus by serial cell culture passage and evaluation of attenuated strains for protection and replication. Avian Dis. 2009;53:63-72 pubmed..In contrast, strain 617A (v pathotype) provided the least protection and had one of the highest virus loads. Such strains provide fertile opportunities for further study. ..
- Chebotareva N, Makeeva V, Bazhina S, Eronina T, Gusev N, Kurganov B. Interaction of Hsp27 with native phosphorylase kinase under crowding conditions. Macromol Biosci. 2010;10:783-9 pubmed publisher..Taking into account high concentrations of PhK in the cell, we speculate that native PhK might modulate the oligomeric state and chaperone-like activity of Hsp27...
- Eronina T, Chebotareva N, Kleymenov S, Roman S, Makeeva V, Kurganov B. Effect of 2-hydroxypropyl-?-cyclodextrin on thermal stability and aggregation of glycogen phosphorylase b from rabbit skeletal muscle. Biopolymers. 2010;93:986-93 pubmed publisher..The conclusion regarding the ability of the native Phb for binding of HP-?-CD was substantiated by the data on the enzyme inhibition by HP-?-CD. © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Biopolymers 93: 986-993, 2010. ..
- Plotnikov E, Chupyrkina A, Jankauskas S, Pevzner I, Silachev D, Skulachev V, et al. Mechanisms of nephroprotective effect of mitochondria-targeted antioxidants under rhabdomyolysis and ischemia/reperfusion. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:77-86 pubmed publisher..SkQR1 also normalized renal erythropoietin level lowered after kidney ischemia/reperfusion and injection of a well-known nephrotoxic agent gentamicin...
- Basevich E, Lopina O, Rubtsov A. Seasonal changes in microsomal fraction enriched with Na,K-ATPase from kidneys of the ground squirrel Spermophilus undulatus. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2010;75:1408-16 pubmed..We suggest that the decrease in Na,K-ATPase activity in kidneys of ground squirrels during hibernation is mainly connected with the aggregation of proteins in plasma membrane. ..
- Knizhnik A, Kovaleva O, Komelkov A, Trukhanova L, Rybko V, Zborovskaya I, et al. Arf6 promotes cell proliferation via the PLD-mTORC1 and p38MAPK pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:360-71 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a new aspect of Arf6 functioning in cancer cell biology. ..
- Gvazava I, Vasiliev A, Balan O. Compensatory function of submandibular gland in mice with streptozotocin diabetes under conditions of transplantation. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2012;152:699-702 pubmed..All these changes led to a reduction of blood glucose levels in diabetic animals as soon as 2-2.5 weeks after transplantation. ..
- Baklaushev V, Kardashova K, Gurina O, Yusubaliyeva G, Zorkina Y, Chekhonin V. Organ, cellular, and subcellular localization of brain-specific anion transporter BSAT1. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2013;155:491-7 pubmed..g. to astroglial tumors. ..
- Nefedova L, Kim A. Mechanisms of LTR-Retroelement Transposition: Lessons from Drosophila melanogaster. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The possible basis for the errantivirus integration specificity is discussed in the present review. ..
- Belousov V, Fradkov A, Lukyanov K, Staroverov D, Shakhbazov K, Terskikh A, et al. Genetically encoded fluorescent indicator for intracellular hydrogen peroxide. Nat Methods. 2006;3:281-6 pubmed..Moreover, sensitivity of the probe was sufficient to observe H(2)O(2) increase upon physiological stimulation. Using HyPer we detected temporal increase in H(2)O(2) in the cytoplasm of PC-12 cells stimulated with nerve growth factor. ..
- Lobanova N, Medvedev N, Popov V, Murashev A. Bilateral occlusion of carotid artery in awake hypertensive rats (SHR-SP) as a model of global cerebral ischemia. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2008;146:691-4 pubmed..We proved that bilateral occlusion of the carotid arteries in awake SHR-SP rats can be used as an adequate model of global cerebral ischemia. ..
- Zakharova L, Khegai I, Sharova N, Melnikova V, Karpova Y, Astakhova T, et al. Pattern of MHC class I and immune proteasome expression in Walker 256 tumor during growth and regression in Brattleboro rats with the hereditary defect of arginine-vasopressin synthesis. Cell Immunol. 2011;271:385-91 pubmed publisher..Enhanced expression of immune proteasomes coincided with the recovery of MHC class I expression, suggesting the efficient presentation of tumor antigens in Brattleboro rats. ..
- Stowell S, Arthur C, McBride R, Berger O, Razi N, Heimburg Molinaro J, et al. Microbial glycan microarrays define key features of host-microbial interactions. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:470-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, host protection against microbes seems to represent a balance between adaptive and innate immunity to defend against evolving antigenic determinants while protecting against molecular mimicry. ..
- Deryabin P, Galegov G, Andronova V, Botikov A. Analysis of Antiviral Properties of Hexoral In Vitro against Some Viruses that Cause Acute Respiratory Infections and Herpes. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016;160:353-6 pubmed publisher..It was found that hexidine mostly contributes to the virucidal effect of Hexoral. ..
- Vititnova M, Kryzhanovskiĭ S, Kaverina N. [Comparative study of the anti-arrhythmic activity of cardiocyclide and nibentan in hypersympathotonia and acute myocardial ischemia]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2002;65:24-6 pubmed..2 mg/kg) exhibited pronounced antiarrhythmic activity. It is suggested that both drugs can be used under clinical conditions for the prophylaxis of sudden coronary death in patents with acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Brusova E, Kaverina N, Likhosherstov A. [Binding of dicyclohexylamide derivatives of N-substituted aminocarboxylic acids with muscarinic cholinoreceptors and beta-adrenoreceptors]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2002;65:39-41 pubmed..The antimuscarinic activity of some NACA-DCHA derivatives, especially AL-275 and AL-315) may play a significant role in realization of the antiarrhythmic activity...
- Kyuregyan K, Poleschuk V, Zamyatina N, Isaeva O, Michailov M, Ross S, et al. Acute GB virus B infection of marmosets is accompanied by mutations in the NS5A protein. Virus Res. 2005;114:154-7 pubmed..Appearance of these mutations presumably reflects a mechanism of immune escape rather than adaptation of the virus to a new host...
- Cherepkova O, Lyutova E, Eronina T, Gurvits B. Accelerated protein aggregation induced by macrophage migration inhibitory factor under heat stress conditions. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2006;71:140-5 pubmed..The data suggest that in spite of distinct anti-chaperone effect, the chaperone-like activity of MIF can be observed in the case of heat stress removal and restoration of the system to normal conditions. ..
- Panchin Y, Moroz L. Molluscan mobile elements similar to the vertebrate Recombination-Activating Genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:818-23 pubmed publisher..This refines the "RAG transposon" hypothesis and allows us to propose a scenario for V(D)J recombination machinery evolution from a relic transposon related to the existing mobile elements N-RAG-TP, Chapaev, and Transib. ..
- Eronina T, Chebotareva N, Bazhina S, Makeeva V, Kleymenov S, Kurganov B. Effect of proline on thermal inactivation, denaturation and aggregation of glycogen phosphorylase b from rabbit skeletal muscle. Biophys Chem. 2009;141:66-74 pubmed publisher..The obtained results are consistent with the predictions of the crowding theory. ..
- Byzova N, Zvereva E, Zherdev A, Eremin S, Dzantiev B. Rapid pretreatment-free immunochromatographic assay of chloramphenicol in milk. Talanta. 2010;81:843-8 pubmed publisher..Detection limit for CAP is 10ngmL(-1). Assay duration is 10min, and it can be carried out at room temperature without any additional devices and reactants. The developed test strip has been applied to CAP detection in dairy products...
- Kuldyushev N, Berkut A, Peigneur S, Tytgat J, Grishin E, Vassilevski A. Design of sodium channel ligands with defined selectivity - a case study in scorpion alpha-toxins. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3414-3420 pubmed publisher..2 isoform expressed in the brain. ..
- Ratner E, Tkachuk V, Baldenkov G. Effect of moracizine and ethacizine on receptors of potential-operated calcium channels and calcium-binding proteins. Arzneimittelforschung. 1992;42:614-7 pubmed..Comparison of clinical and electrophysiological data with these results allows the conclusion that ETHA exerts Ca-blocking effects by the interaction with verapamil receptors on potential-operated Ca-channels. ..
- Solntseva E. Properties of slow early potassium current in neurons of snail Helix pomatia. Gen Pharmacol. 1995;26:1719-26 pubmed..6. 4-aminopyridine had a dual effect on the IA. It blocked the normal current, and then appeared to increase the inactivated currents...
- Kalmykova A, Shevelyov Y, Dobritsa A, Gvozdev V. Acquisition and amplification of a testis-expressed autosomal gene, SSL, by the Drosophila Y chromosome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6297-302 pubmed..These results suggest that the acquisition of testis-specific autosomal genes may be important for the evolution of Drosophila as well as human Y chromosomes. ..
- Samokhvalov I, Hendrikx J, Visser J, Belyavsky A, Sotiropolous D, Gu H. Mice lacking a functional chk gene have no apparent defects in the hematopoietic system. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1997;43:115-22 pubmed..Thus, the dispensability of Chk for mouse development and hematopoiesis suggests that its function may be redundant in vivo, and most likely be compensated by activity of a closely related protein tyrosine kinase Csk. ..
- Biryukova I, Belenkaya T, Hovannisian H, Kochieva E, Georgiev P. The P-Ph protein-mediated repression of yellow expression depends on different cis- and trans-factors in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1999;152:1641-52 pubmed..The effect of Su(y) mutations can be explained by the competition between the truncated transposase encoded by a 1.2-kb P element and the P-Ph protein for binding sites on P-element insertions. ..
- Aleshin V, Petrov N. [Molecular evidence of regression in evolution of metazoa]. Zh Obshch Biol. 2002;63:195-208 pubmed..The similarity of Ctenophora and Calcarea is discussed. Meridional or oblique position of the third cleavage furrow of ovule can be considered as an evidence of their origin from common ancestor. ..
- Berman A, Kozlova N, Morozevich G. Integrins: structure and signaling. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2003;68:1284-99 pubmed..This review summarizes current views on the structure of integrins, integrin associated proteins, and biochemical mechanisms underlying their signaling functions. ..
- Voronezhskaya E, Khabarova M, Nezlin L. Apical sensory neurones mediate developmental retardation induced by conspecific environmental stimuli in freshwater pulmonate snails. Development. 2004;131:3671-80 pubmed..Thus, the novel regulatory mechanism in larval development of molluscs is suggested and compared with the phenomenon of dauer larvae formation in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. ..
- Drutskaya M, Ortiz M, Liepinsh D, Kuprash D, Nedospasov S, Keller J. Inhibitory effects of tumor necrosis factor on hematopoiesis seen in vitro are translated to increased numbers of both committed and multipotent progenitors in TNF-deficient mice. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1348-56 pubmed..TNF has inhibitory effects on granulocyte-macrophage progenitors in vitro and on committed and primitive hematopoietic progenitors in vivo. However, in adult organism TNF deficiency is mostly compensated and controlled. ..
- Souslova E, Belousov V, Lock J, Stromblad S, Kasparov S, Bolshakov A, et al. Single fluorescent protein-based Ca2+ sensors with increased dynamic range. BMC Biotechnol. 2007;7:37 pubmed..We believe that expanded dynamic range, high brightness and relatively high pH-stability should make Case12 and Case16 popular research tools both in scientific studies and high throughput screening assays. ..
- Gursky Y, Bibilashvili R, Minashkin M, Krasnov A, Deikin A, Ermolkevich T, et al. Expression of full-length human pro-urokinase in mammary glands of transgenic mice. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:747-56 pubmed publisher..The results described here suggest a general way of preventing the activation of zymogens that are expressed in the mammary glands of transgenic animals by co-expression of a zymogen along with a protease inhibitor. ..
- Flegontov P, Zhirenkina E, Gerasimov E, Ponirovsky E, Strelkova M, Kolesnikov A. Selective amplification of maxicircle classes during the life cycle of Leishmania major. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2009;165:142-52 pubmed publisher..Reversion to promastigote-specific maxicircle patterns was usually observed in the life cycle (promastigote-amastigote-promastigote), however there were many exceptions. ..
- Bogdanova E, Barsova E, Shagina I, Scheglov A, Anisimova V, Vagner L, et al. Normalization of full-length-enriched cDNA. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;729:85-98 pubmed publisher..The method has been evaluated in various plant and animal models...
- Lopatina T, Kalinina N, Karagyaur M, Stambolsky D, Rubina K, Revischin A, et al. Adipose-derived stem cells stimulate regeneration of peripheral nerves: BDNF secreted by these cells promotes nerve healing and axon growth de novo. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17899 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ASCs induce nerve repair and growth via BDNF production. This stimulatory effect can be further enhanced by culturing the cells in neural differentiation medium prior to transplantation. ..
- Vorobyeva N, Nikolenko J, Nabirochkina E, Krasnov A, Shidlovskii Y, Georgieva S. SAYP and Brahma are important for 'repressive' and 'transient' Pol II pausing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7319-31 pubmed publisher..SAYP is essential for Ser2 phosphorylation and transcription elongation. Thus, SAYP as part of the Brahma complex participates in both 'repressive' and 'transient' Pol II pausing. ..
- Saprunova V, Lelekova M, Kolosova N, Bakeeva L. SkQ1 slows development of age-dependent destructive processes in retina and vascular layer of eyes of wistar and OXYS rats. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2012;77:648-58 pubmed publisher..The data were subjected to mathematical processing and statistical analysis. ..
- Shenkarev Z, Panteleev P, Balandin S, Gizatullina A, Altukhov D, Finkina E, et al. Recombinant expression and solution structure of antimicrobial peptide aurelin from jellyfish Aurelia aurita. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;429:63-9 pubmed publisher..The obtained data permit to correlate the modest antibacterial properties and membrane activity of aurelin. ..
- Kyuregyan K, Poleshchuk V, Gordeichuk I, Gulyaeva T, Isaeva O, Morozov I, et al. Simulation of Viral Hepatitis E in Marmosets. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016;160:368-71 pubmed publisher..Using this model, we demonstrated that replication of hepatitis E virus primarily occurs in the liver, while virus replication presumed to take place in the intestine was not confirmed in this experiment. ..
- GÃ¼ler G, Vorob ev M, Vogel V, MÃ¤ntele W. Proteolytically-induced changes of secondary structural protein conformation of bovine serum albumin monitored by Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) and UV-circular dichroism spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2016;161:8-18 pubmed publisher..Both spectroscopic techniques also demonstrate that there are similar but less spectral changes of BSA for the trypsin attack than for Î±-chymotrypsin although the substrate/enzyme ratio is taken the same. ..
- Kopnin B, Stromskaya T, Kondratov R, Ossovskaya V, Pugacheva E, Rybalkina E, et al. Influence of exogenous ras and p53 on P-glycoprotein function in immortalized rodent fibroblasts. Oncol Res. 1995;7:299-306 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Belenkaya T, Soldatov A, Nabirochkina E, Biryukova I, Birjukova I, Georgieva S, et al. P-Element insertion at the polyhomeotic gene leads to formation of a novel chimeric protein that negatively regulates yellow gene expression in P-element-induced alleles of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1998;150:687-97 pubmed..The P-PH, Polycomb (PC), and Posterior sex combs (PSC) proteins were immunohistochemically detected on polytene chromosomes in the regions of P-element insertions. ..
- Kahn T, Savitsky M, Georgiev P. Attachment of HeT-A sequences to chromosomal termini in Drosophila melanogaster may occur by different mechanisms. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7634-42 pubmed
- Simonova O. [A novel trans-regulatory locus in Drosophila]. Genetika. 2000;36:1464-74 pubmed..A possible role of the new locus in organogenesis, neurogenesis, and embryonic development is discussed on the basis of experimental findings...
- Savitsky M, Kravchuk O, Melnikova L, Georgiev P. Heterochromatin protein 1 is involved in control of telomere elongation in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3204-18 pubmed..The Drosophila lines bearing the Su(var)2-5 mutations maintain extremely long telomeres consisting of HeT-A and TART for many generations. Thus, HP1 plays an important role in the control of telomere elongation in D. melanogaster. ..
- Shagin D, Barsova E, Bogdanova E, Britanova O, Gurskaya N, Lukyanov K, et al. Identification and characterization of a new family of C-type lectin-like genes from planaria Girardia tigrina. Glycobiology. 2002;12:463-72 pubmed..These genes are expressed in specifically differentiated gland cells of planaria and the corresponding proteins are excreted as components of the planarian body surface mucus...
- Semova N, Kapanadze B, Corcoran M, Kutsenko A, Baranova A, Semov A. Molecular cloning, structural analysis, and expression of a human IRLB, MYC promoter-binding protein: new DENN domain-containing protein family emerges. Genomics. 2003;82:343-54 pubmed..In human and mouse a family of IRLB proteins exists, consisting of at least three members. ..
- Pomerantseva M, Ramaĭia L, Vasin M, Antipov V. [Effect of indralin on genetic disruption induced by radiation in mice]. Genetika. 2003;39:1293-6 pubmed..The level of protective effect against genetic damage varied depending on the radiation dose and spermatogenesis stage. The values of the defense coefficient ranged from 0.16 to 0.35. ..
- Nefedova V, Korenberg E, Gorelova N, Kovalevskii Y. Studies on the transovarial transmission of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in the taiga tick Ixodes persulcatus. Folia Parasitol (Praha). 2004;51:67-71 pubmed..burgdorferi sensu lato in the I. persulcatus tick is an established fact. However, they show that, even if such transmission is possible, its probability is very low. ..
- Ershov P, Ugrumov M, Calas A, Krieger M, Thibault J. Degeneration of dopaminergic neurons triggers an expression of individual enzymes of dopamine synthesis in non-dopaminergic neurons of the arcuate nucleus in adult rats. J Chem Neuroanat. 2005;30:27-33 pubmed..Thus, degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in the arcuate nucleus of adult rats is accompanied by the expression of individual enzymes of DA synthesis in non-dopaminergic neurons that may be an adaptive reaction. ..
- Lukashev A. Evidence for recombination in Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2333-8 pubmed..These findings, coupled with a recent report on reassortment in CCHF virus, suggest caution when assessing CCHF virus phylogeny based on short sequence fragments. ..