Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in MO, Russia
Locale: MO, Russia
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Gordon M, Edwards M, Sweeney C, Jerina M. Effects of added chelated trace minerals, organic selenium, yeast culture, direct-fed microbials, and Yucca schidigera extract in horses: II. Nutrient excretion and potential environmental impact. J Anim Sci. 2013;91:3909-16 pubmed publisher..Horses consuming organic selenium as part of the additive diet had lower fecal and urine Se concentrations, as well as greater fecal K concentrations. ..
- Harris R, Grobman M, Allen M, Schachtel J, Rawson N, Bennett B, et al. Standardization of a Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study Protocol to Investigate Dysphagia in Dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:383-393 pubmed publisher..Age did not result in significant changes in swallow metrics, but additional studies are needed, particularly in light of substantial normal variation. ..
- Mazzarella R, Gold P, Cunningham M, Green M. Determination of the sequence of an expressible cDNA clone encoding ERp60/calregulin by the use of a novel nested set method. Gene. 1992;120:217-25 pubmed..ERp60 has a 17-amino acid (aa) signal sequence and the mature protein contains 399 aa with a calculated M(r) of 46,347. ..
- Li X, Chang Y. Amino-terminal protein processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is an essential function that requires two distinct methionine aminopeptidases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:12357-61 pubmed
- Narita N, Bielinska M, Wilson D. Cardiomyocyte differentiation by GATA-4-deficient embryonic stem cells. Development. 1997;124:3755-64 pubmed
- Lu Y, Jen P. GABAergic and glycinergic neural inhibition in excitatory frequency tuning of bat inferior collicular neurons. Exp Brain Res. 2001;141:331-9 pubmed..Application of both drugs was most effective in abolishing the inhibitory FTCs of IC neurons. The implications of these findings for bat echolocation are discussed. ..
- Parker S, Touchette E, Oberle C, Almond M, Robertson A, Trost L, et al. Efficacy of therapeutic intervention with an oral ether-lipid analogue of cidofovir (CMX001) in a lethal mousepox model. Antiviral Res. 2008;77:39-49 pubmed..This therapeutic window would be equivalent to intervening during the rash stage of ordinary smallpox...
- Han B, Zhou M, Vellimana A, Milner E, Kim D, Greenberg J, et al. Resorufin analogs preferentially bind cerebrovascular amyloid: potential use as imaging ligands for cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Mol Neurodegener. 2011;6:86 pubmed publisher..This unique binding selectivity suggests that this class of dye has great potential as a CAA-specific amyloid tracer that will permit non-invasive detection and quantification of CAA in live patients. ..
- Cho Y, Cavalli V. HDAC5 is a novel injury-regulated tubulin deacetylase controlling axon regeneration. EMBO J. 2012;31:3063-78 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results suggest a mechanism for the spatial control of tubulin modifications that is required for axon regeneration. ..
- Chen K, Franz C, Jiang H, Jiang Y, Wang D. An evolutionarily conserved transcriptional response to viral infection in Caenorhabditis nematodes. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:303 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a subset of these genes were also differentially expressed following infection by a eukaryotic pathogen, N. parisii, suggesting that these genes may constitute a broader pan-microbial response to infection. ..
- Westfall T, Yang C, Rotto Perceley D, Macarthur H. Neuropeptide Y-ATP interactions and release at the vascular neuroeffector junction. J Auton Pharmacol. 1996;16:345-8 pubmed..The ETA/ETB antagonist PD142893 blocked the inhibitory effect of ET-1. These results are consistent with the ET-1 induced inhibition of the evoked release of ATP being due to activation of ETB receptors. ..
- Mooradian A. Central nervous system complications of diabetes mellitus--a perspective from the blood-brain barrier. Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 1997;23:210-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that the CNS is not immune against the microangiopathic complications commonly found in various tissues of diabetic animals. ..
- Chambers T, Halevy M, Nestorowicz A, Rice C, Lustig S. West Nile virus envelope proteins: nucleotide sequence analysis of strains differing in mouse neuroinvasiveness. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 10):2375-80 pubmed publisher..Also, sequence comparison with the WN virus (Nigeria) strain revealed considerable divergence of the E protein at the nucleotide and amino acid levels...
- Upadhya G, Topp S, Hotchkiss R, Anagli J, Strasberg S. Effect of cold preservation on intracellular calcium concentration and calpain activity in rat sinusoidal endothelial cells. Hepatology. 2003;37:313-23 pubmed..In conclusion, exposure of SEC to cold results sequentially in elevated intracellular calcium concentration, increased calpain activity, and actin disassembly. ..
- Glaser D. The use of botulinum toxins to treat hyperhidrosis and gustatory sweating syndrome. Neurotox Res. 2006;9:173-7 pubmed..Both diseases respond very well to botulinum toxin therapy and this article will review the use of botulinum toxins, including the serotypes used, dosing, and complications...
- Spencer J, Sagartz J, Wold W, Toth K. New pancreatic carcinoma model for studying oncolytic adenoviruses in the permissive Syrian hamster. Cancer Gene Ther. 2009;16:912-22 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that the SHPC6 cell line may be useful as a model for disseminated pancreatic cancer, and that INGN 007 may be a safe and effective vector to treat these tumors...
- Lunn C, Chrivia J, Baldassare J. Activation of Cdk2/Cyclin E complexes is dependent on the origin of replication licensing factor Cdc6 in mammalian cells. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4533-41 pubmed..Ultimately, this data implicates Cdc6 expression as an important mitogen-induced mechanism in the activation of CDK2/cyclin E, the initiation of DNA synthesis, and the regulation of G1-S phase progression. ..
- Choudhury S, Westfall C, Pandey S. The RGS proteins add to the diversity of soybean heterotrimeric G-protein signaling. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1114-7 pubmed publisher..We also provide experimental evidence to show that the interaction interface between plant RGS and G? proteins is different from what is predicted based on mammalian models. ..
- Shah G, Price T, Banks W, Morofuji Y, Kovac A, Ercal N, et al. Pharmacological inhibition of mitochondrial carbonic anhydrases protects mouse cerebral pericytes from high glucose-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;344:637-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitochondrial carbonic anhydrases may provide a new therapeutic target for oxidative stress-related illnesses of the brain. ..
- Cenedella R, Fleschner C. Selective association of crystallins with lens 'native' membrane during dynamic cataractogenesis. Curr Eye Res. 1992;11:801-15 pubmed..We suggest that protein insolubilization in this experimental cataract involves the selective and tight association of principally modified alpha-crystallins to the fiber cell plasma membrane. ..
- Tessier J, Salimi Z, Restrepo G, Samuels L, Joist J. Experimental hemarthrosis in dogs: progressive synovitis monitored with technetium-99m pyrophosphate joint imaging. Haemostasis. 1988;18:83-90 pubmed..Evidence is also presented that the intensity of Tc99m-PYP joint accumulation (immediate static images) may not readily reflect synovial vascularity or synovial tissue mass. ..
- Srinivasan M, Lenny N, Green M. Identification of genomic sequences that mediate the induction of the endoplasmic reticulum stress protein, ERp72, by protein traffic. DNA Cell Biol. 1993;12:807-22 pubmed..This suggests that the ERp72 gene contains a novel element that is the target of an intracellular signaling pathway initiated by protein traffic in the ER. ..
- Trottier S, Hazard P, Sakabu S, Levine J, Troop B, Thompson J, et al. Posterior tracheal wall perforation during percutaneous dilational tracheostomy: an investigation into its mechanism and prevention. Chest. 1999;115:1383-9 pubmed..To avoid posterior tracheal wall injury, the guidewire and guiding catheter should be firmly stabilized during PDT. ..
- Carlson C, Roshek D. Adult dystrophic (mdx) endplates exhibit reduced quantal size and enhanced quantal variation. Pflugers Arch. 2001;442:369-75 pubmed
- Atkinson J, Adair Kirk T, Kelley D, Demello D, Senior R. Clara cell adhesion and migration to extracellular matrix. Respir Res. 2008;9:1 pubmed publisher..Thus, Clara cells resemble alveolar type II and bronchiolar ciliated epithelial cells by showing integrin mediated pro-migratory changes to extracellular matrix components that are present in tissues after injury. ..
- Achilleos A, Trainor P. Neural crest stem cells: discovery, properties and potential for therapy. Cell Res. 2012;22:288-304 pubmed publisher..We discuss their specific properties and their potential application in cell-based tissue and disease-specific repair. ..
- Zahm D, Johnson S. Asymmetrical distribution of neurotensin immunoreactivity following unilateral injection of 6-hydroxydopamine in rat ventral tegmental area (VTA). Brain Res. 1989;483:301-11 pubmed..Lateral ventral pallidum, which gives rise to projections terminating in the substantia nigra and subthalamic nucleus and normally exhibits sparse NT-IR displayed intense NT-IR following the chemical lesion. ..
- Anderson G, Keys K, De Ciechi P, Masferrer J. Combination therapies that inhibit cyclooxygenase-2 and leukotriene synthesis prevent disease in murine collagen induced arthritis. Inflamm Res. 2009;58:109-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the induction of the disease in CIA is mediated by products of the COX-2 enzyme and LTB4 production, and that blockade of both pathways is required to prevent CIA. ..
- Marrus S, Cuculich P, Wang W, Nerbonne J. Characterization of a novel, dominant negative KCNJ2 mutation associated with Andersen-Tawil syndrome. Channels (Austin). 2011;5:500-9 pubmed publisher..1-D71Y mutant protein functions as a dominant negative subunit resulting in reduced inwardly rectifying K(+) current amplitudes and altered cellular excitability in patients with Andersen-Tawil syndrome. ..
- Geisler S, Zahm D. On the retention of neurotensin in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) despite destruction of the main neurotensinergic afferents of the VTA--implications for the organization of forebrain projections to the VTA. Brain Res. 2006;1087:87-104 pubmed
- Yin Y, Kizer N, Thaker P, Chiappinelli K, Trinkaus K, Goodfellow P, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3β inhibition as a therapeutic approach in the treatment of endometrial cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16617-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, GSK3β activity is associated with endometrial cancer tumorigenesis and its pharmacologic inhibition reduces cell proliferation and tumor growth. ..
- Li B, Rush A, Mitreva M, Yin Y, Spiro D, Ghedin E, et al. Transcriptomes and pathways associated with infectivity, survival and immunogenicity in Brugia malayi L3. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:267 pubmed publisher..This study has improved our understanding of molecules involved in parasite invasion and immune evasion, potential targets of protective immunity, and molecules required for parasite growth and development. ..
- Tetri L, Basaranoglu M, Brunt E, Yerian L, Neuschwander Tetri B. Severe NAFLD with hepatic necroinflammatory changes in mice fed trans fats and a high-fructose corn syrup equivalent. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G987-95 pubmed publisher..Because dietary trans fats promoted liver steatosis and injury, their role in the epidemic of NASH needs further evaluation. ..
- Crock L, Stemler K, Song D, Abbosh P, Vogt S, Qiu C, et al. Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 (mGluR5) regulates bladder nociception. Mol Pain. 2012;8:20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that mGluR5 modulates both inflammatory and non-inflammatory bladder nociception, and highlight the therapeutic potential for mGluR5 antagonists in the alleviation of bladder pain. ..
- Muglia L. Genetic analysis of fetal development and parturition control in the mouse. Pediatr Res. 2000;47:437-43 pubmed..The consequences of complete deficiency of molecules involved in parturition in mice suggest novel interventions for human preterm labor. ..
- Barnett E, Elangovan B, Bullok K, Piwnica Worms D. Selective cell uptake of modified Tat peptide-fluorophore conjugates in rat retina in ex vivo and in vivo models. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2589-95 pubmed..Given the preferential uptake of these peptides by RGCs and the potential to conjugate diverse moieties, modified Tat peptides may be useful for delivery of therapeutic agents or molecular imaging probes to RGCs. ..
- Chambers T, Droll D, Jiang X, Wold W, Nickells J. JE Nakayama/JE SA14-14-2 virus structural region intertypic viruses: biological properties in the mouse model of neuroinvasive disease. Virology. 2007;366:51-61 pubmed..This suggests a role for determinants in the 5' UTR and/or the capsid protein of the JE SA 14-14-2 virus genome in influencing the virulence properties of the JE Nakayama virus in the mouse model. ..
- Chang L, Viader A, Varghese N, Payton J, Milbrandt J, Nagarajan R. An integrated approach to characterize transcription factor and microRNA regulatory networks involved in Schwann cell response to peripheral nerve injury. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:84 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates a systematic method for gene regulatory network inference that may be used to gain new information on gene regulation by transcription factors and microRNAs. ..
- Lin J, Zheng S, Chen A. Curcumin attenuates the effects of insulin on stimulating hepatic stellate cell activation by interrupting insulin signaling and attenuating oxidative stress. Lab Invest. 2009;89:1397-409 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into the mechanisms by which curcumin inhibits the insulin-induced HSC activation. ..
- Graff R, Kurtz M, Paul R, Martin D, Roopenian D. Additional mapping of mouse chromosome 2 genes. Immunogenetics. 1991;33:96-100 pubmed..Hd-1 typing indicated that Hd-1 maps distal to [H-42, H-44] and proximal to un. The gene order [pa, B2m, H-3], we, [H-42, H-45], Hd-1, un, H-13, at, with H-44 mapping centromeric to Hd-1, is indicated by the data. ..
- Hu P, Ernst A, Sly W, Venta P, Skaggs L, Tashian R. Carbonic anhydrase II deficiency: single-base deletion in exon 7 is the predominant mutation in Caribbean Hispanic patients. Am J Hum Genet. 1994;54:602-8 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Ventura A, Arens M, Srinivasan A, Chinnadurai G. Silencing of human immunodeficiency virus long terminal repeat expression by an adenovirus E1a mutant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1310-4 pubmed..Cotransfection of HIV-1 proviral DNA with hr5 DNA resulted in a significant reduction of HIV production. ..
- Bey L, Hamilton M. Suppression of skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase activity during physical inactivity: a molecular reason to maintain daily low-intensity activity. J Physiol. 2003;551:673-82 pubmed
- Fleschner C. Connexin 46 and connexin 50 in selenite cataract. Ophthalmic Res. 2006;38:24-8 pubmed
- Stark W, Sapp R, Carlson S. Ultrastructure of the ocellar visual system in normal and mutant Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurogenet. 1989;5:127-53 pubmed..The trp. rdgBKS222 and rgdAPC47 mutants are essentially normal with respect to structure and survival of ocellar receptors and synapses. ..
- Lavezzi H, Parsley K, Zahm D. Mesopontine rostromedial tegmental nucleus neurons projecting to the dorsal raphe and pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus: psychostimulant-elicited Fos expression and collateralization. Brain Struct Funct. 2012;217:719-34 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the RMTg is an integrative modulator of multiple rostrally projecting structures. ..
- Zahm D, Grosu S, Williams E, Qin S, Berod A. Neurons of origin of the neurotensinergic plexus enmeshing the ventral tegmental area in rat: retrograde labeling and in situ hybridization combined. Neuroscience. 2001;104:841-51 pubmed..These results identify a novel brain substrate for control of midbrain dopamine levels, which affect reward mechanisms and motivation. ..
- Beinfeld M. Inhibition of pro-cholecystokinin (CCK) sulfation by treatment with sodium chlorate alters its processing and decreases cellular content and secretion of CCK 8. Neuropeptides. 1994;26:195-200 pubmed..The large decrease in CCK content and secretion observed with sodium chlorate may also be due to inefficient sorting of unsulfated pro-CCK into secretory vesicles. ..
- Steer S, Moran J, Maggi L, Buller R, Perlman H, Corbett J. Regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression by macrophages in response to double-stranded RNA and viral infection. J Immunol. 2003;170:1070-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that virus infection and treatment with dsRNA stimulate COX-2 expression by a mechanism that requires the activation of NF-kappaB and that is independent of PKR or iPLA(2) activation. ..
- Ali A, Banks W, Kumar V, Shah G, Lynch J, Farr S, et al. Nitric oxide activity and isoenzyme expression in the senescence-accelerated mouse p8 model of Alzheimer's disease: effects of anti-amyloid antibody and antisense treatments. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009;64:1025-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a complex relation between Abeta and NOS in the SAMP8 that is largely mediated through posttranslational mechanisms. ..
- Shao J, Sierra O, Cohen R, Mecham R, Kovacs A, Wang J, et al. Vascular calcification and aortic fibrosis: a bifunctional role for osteopontin in diabetic arteriosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1821-33 pubmed publisher..Complete deficiency yields a net increase in arteriosclerotic disease, reducing aortic compliance and conduit vessel function in LDLR-/- mice. ..
- McCarter J, Mitreva M, Martin J, Dante M, Wylie T, Rao U, et al. Analysis and functional classification of transcripts from the nematode Meloidogyne incognita. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R26 pubmed..With sequencing from plant parasitic nematodes accelerating, the approaches to transcript characterization described here can be applied to more extensive datasets and also provide a foundation for more complex genome analyses. ..
- Li B, Wang Z, Rush A, Mitreva M, Weil G. Transcription profiling reveals stage- and function-dependent expression patterns in the filarial nematode Brugia malayi. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:184 pubmed publisher..Some of these may be useful targets for vaccines or new drug treatments for filariasis. ..
- Nagao Y, Srinivasan M, Platero J, Svendrowski M, Waheed A, Sly W. Mitochondrial carbonic anhydrase (isozyme V) in mouse and rat: cDNA cloning, expression, subcellular localization, processing, and tissue distribution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:10330-4 pubmed
- Spitzer S, Warn Cramer B, Kasper C, Bajaj S. Replacement of isoleucine-397 by threonine in the clotting proteinase factor IXa (Los Angeles and Long Beach variants) affects macromolecular catalysis but not L-tosylarginine methyl ester hydrolysis. Lack of correlation between the ox brain prothrom. Biochem J. 1990;265:219-25 pubmed..However, the two mutations noted thus far in this region do not distort S1 binding site in the Factor IXa enzyme. ..
- Bejcek B, Li D, Deuel T. Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone of Xenopus platelet-derived growth factor A-chain. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:680 pubmed
- Li X, Chang Y. Molecular cloning of a human complementary DNA encoding an initiation factor 2-associated protein (p67). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1260:333-6 pubmed..64. The amino acid sequence is 92% identical to that of rat p67. The corresponding mRNA has a size of approximately 2.1 kb and is present in all tested human tissues. ..
- Banks W. The blood-brain barrier as a cause of obesity. Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14:1606-14 pubmed..The hypertriglyceridemia of obesity invokes this aspect of the starvation response, inducing leptin resistance at the BBB. Thus, the BBB plays important roles in both obesity and starvation. ..
- Forinash A, Pitlick J, Clark K, Alstat V. Nicotine replacement therapy effect on pregnancy outcomes. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:1817-21 pubmed publisher..Additionally, NRT does not appear to increase the risk for malformations. ..
- DONLEA J, Leahy A, Thimgan M, Suzuki Y, Hughson B, Sokolowski M, et al. Foraging alters resilience/vulnerability to sleep disruption and starvation in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2613-8 pubmed publisher..Understanding how these tradeoffs confer resilience or vulnerability to specific environmental challenges may provide additional clues as to why an evolutionary alternative to sleep has not emerged. ..
- Yochim M, Lowry W. Creating Conditions for Policy Change in National Parks: Contrasting Cases in Yellowstone and Yosemite. Environ Manage. 2016;57:1041-53 pubmed publisher..We show that the agency is capable of creating these conditions, as in the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone, but we argue that this is not always the outcome, as in reducing automobile congestion in Yosemite Valley. ..
- Ryerse J, Blachly Dyson E, Forte M, Nagel B. Cloning and molecular characterization of a voltage-dependent anion-selective channel (VDAC) from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1327:204-12 pubmed..Southern blots and chromosomal in situ hybridizations suggest a single VDAC gene occurs in the fly with a locus at 32B on the left arm of the second chromosome. ..
- Banks W, Farr S, Morley J, Wolf K, Geylis V, Steinitz M. Anti-amyloid beta protein antibody passage across the blood-brain barrier in the SAMP8 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease: an age-related selective uptake with reversal of learning impairment. Exp Neurol. 2007;206:248-56 pubmed..In conclusion, an IgM antibody was produced that crosses the BBB to reverse cognitive impairment in a murine model of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Wylie T, Martin J, Abubucker S, Yin Y, Messina D, Wang Z, et al. NemaPath: online exploration of KEGG-based metabolic pathways for nematodes. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:525 pubmed publisher..net/cgi-bin/keggview.cgi. The nematode source sequences used for the metabolic pathway mappings are available via FTP http://www.nematode.net/FTP/index.php, as provided by the Genome Center at Washington University School of Medicine. ..
- Cenedella R, Linton L, Moore C. Cholesterylene, a newly recognized tissue lipid, found at high levels in the cornea. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;186:1647-55 pubmed..Although the source of corneal cholesterylene is unknown, preliminary results suggest non-enzymatic formation from cholesterol. ..
- Boyd J, Subramanian T, Schaeper U, La Regina M, Bayley S, Chinnadurai G. A region in the C-terminus of adenovirus 2/5 E1a protein is required for association with a cellular phosphoprotein and important for the negative modulation of T24-ras mediated transformation, tumorigenesis and metastasis. EMBO J. 1993;12:469-78 pubmed..CtBP is a phosphoprotein and the level of phosphorylation of CtBP appears to be regulated during the cell cycle, suggesting that it may play an important role during cellular proliferation. ..
- Lucy M, Liu J, Boyd C, Bracken C. Ovarian follicular growth in sows. Reprod Suppl. 2001;58:31-45 pubmed
- Fliesler S, Peachey N, Richards M, Nagel B, Vaughan D. Retinal degeneration in a rodent model of Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: electrophysiologic, biochemical, and morphologic features. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004;122:1190-200 pubmed..This animal model may also be of use in evaluating therapeutic treatments for SLOS and in understanding the slow phototransduction kinetics observed in patients with SLOS. ..
- Tomatsu S, Gutierrez M, Nishioka T, Yamada M, Yamada M, Tosaka Y, et al. Development of MPS IVA mouse (Galnstm(hC79S.mC76S)slu) tolerant to human N-acetylgalactosamine-6-sulfate sulfatase. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3321-35 pubmed..The newly generated MPS IVA mouse model should provide a good model to evaluate long-term administration of enzyme replacement. ..
- Marchiondo A, Holdsworth P, Green P, Blagburn B, Jacobs D. World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (W.A.A.V.P.) guidelines for evaluating the efficacy of parasiticides for the treatment, prevention and control of flea and tick infestation on dogs and cats. Vet Parasitol. 2007;145:332-44 pubmed..These guidelines are also intended to assist registration authorities involved in the approval and registration of new parasiticides, and to facilitate the worldwide adoption of harmonized procedures. ..
- Zhou Z, Neher E. Calcium permeability of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor channels in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. Pflugers Arch. 1993;425:511-7 pubmed..Total non-specific cation current was found to have a bell-shaped dependence on external Ca concentration peaking at 2 mM. ..
- Yang J, Jaramillo A, Shi R, Kwok W, Mohanakumar T. In vivo biotinylation of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II/peptide complex by coexpression of BirA enzyme for the generation of MHC class II/tetramers. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:692-9 pubmed..DR2BSP/MBP protein expressed and purified from such a clone was ready to be tetramerized with streptavidin to be used for staining antigen-specific T cells. ..
- Katayama M, Zhong Z, Lai L, Sutovsky P, Prather R, Schatten H. Mitochondrial distribution and microtubule organization in fertilized and cloned porcine embryos: implications for developmental potential. Dev Biol. 2006;299:206-20 pubmed
- Duan D. Challenges and opportunities in dystrophin-deficient cardiomyopathy gene therapy. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15 Spec No 2:R253-61 pubmed..Discussion is also made on whether the current mouse models can meet these research needs. ..
- ..A transposon in the germline genome of the ciliate Oxytricha uses its transposase to remove itself, as well as other germline-limited DNA, from the differentiating somatic genome during development. ..
- Gidday J, Park T, Shah A, Gonzales E. Modulation of basal and postischemic leukocyte-endothelial adherence by nitric oxide. Stroke. 1998;29:1423-9; discussion 1429-30 pubmed..The latter may be useful therapeutically to prevent the purported vascular and parenchymal dysfunction and injury caused by activated leukocytes in ischemic brain. ..
- Meschler J, Howlett A. Thujone exhibits low affinity for cannabinoid receptors but fails to evoke cannabimimetic responses. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1999;62:473-80 pubmed..Therefore, the hypothesis that activation of cannabinoid receptors is responsible for the intoxicating effects of thujone is not supported by the present data. ..
- Losapio J, Sprague R, Lonigro A, Stephenson A. 5,6-EET-induced contraction of intralobar pulmonary arteries depends on the activation of Rho-kinase. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;99:1391-6 pubmed..These data suggest that 5,6-EET induces contraction in intralobar PA by increasing Rho-kinase activity, phosphorylating MLC, and increasing the Ca(2+) sensitivity of the contractile apparatus. ..
- Cao S, Chen S. Predicting RNA pseudoknot folding thermodynamics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:2634-52 pubmed
- Cox J, McAdow A, Dinitz A, McCallion A, Johnson S, Voigt M. A zebrafish SKIV2L2-enhancer trap line provides a useful tool for the study of peripheral sensory circuit development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:409-14 pubmed publisher..Regardless, this reporter line should prove to be a valuable tool in the investigation of peripheral nervous system formation in the zebrafish. ..
- Watanabe H, Grubb J, Sly W. The overexpressed human 46-kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor mediates endocytosis and sorting of beta-glucuronidase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:8036-40 pubmed
- Hunter J, Baggott D, Everett W, Fourie J, Cramer L, Yoon S, et al. Efficacy of a novel topical combination of fipronil, amitraz and (S)-methoprene for treatment and control of induced infestations of brown dog ticks (Rhipicephalus sanguineus) on dogs. Vet Parasitol. 2011;179:318-23 pubmed publisher..sanguineus with efficacy as high as 93% within the first 12h after a single topical treatment. Excellent control (>96%) of R. sanguineus as early as 18 h, following post treatment infestations was maintained for at least 35 days...
- Qu D, Mazzarella R, Green M. Analysis of the structure and synthesis of GRP94, an abundant stress protein of the endoplasmic reticulum. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:117-24 pubmed..Finally, analysis of deletions made from the amino terminus of the mature protein has demonstrated that these alterations change the pattern of usage of the remaining N-glycosylation sites in the mutants. ..
- Garris D. Ovarian hypercytolipidemia induced by obese (ob/ob) and diabetes (db/db) mutations: basis of female reproductive tract involution II. Tissue Cell. 2004;36:157-69 pubmed..The progressive hypercytolipidemia-induced alterations in cell structure disrupted normal tissue continuity, which culminated in premature ovarian organo-involution and female reproductive sterility. ..
- Liao Y, Shikapwashya O, Shteyer E, Dieckgraefe B, Hruz P, Rudnick D. Delayed hepatocellular mitotic progression and impaired liver regeneration in early growth response-1-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43107-16 pubmed..Taken together these data define a novel functional role for EGR-1 in regulating hepatocellular mitotic progression through the spindle assembly checkpoint during liver regeneration. ..
- Wei C, Brent M. Using ESTs to improve the accuracy of de novo gene prediction. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:327 pubmed..TWINSCAN_EST and N-SCAN_EST are part of the TWINSCAN open source software package http://genes.cse.wustl.edu/distribution/download_TS.html. ..