Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Bucharest, Bucureşti, Romania
Locale: Bucharest, Bucureşti, Romania
- Roblek M, Calin M, Schlesinger M, Stan D, Zeisig R, Simionescu M, et al. Targeted delivery of CCR2 antagonist to activated pulmonary endothelium prevents metastasis. J Control Release. 2015;220:341-347 pubmed publisher..Thus, timely- and spatially-defined inhibition of CCR2 signaling represents a potential therapeutic approach for treatment of metastasis without affecting homeostatic functions. ..
- Song D, Cretoiu D, Zheng M, Qian M, Zhang M, Creţoiu S, et al. Comparison of Chromosome 4 gene expression profile between lung telocytes and other local cell types. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:71-80 pubmed publisher..The main functional networks were identified and analysed, pointing out to a TCs involvement in cellular signalling, regulation of tissue inflammation and cell expansion and movement. ..
- Folk A, Cotoraci C, Baltă C, Suciu M, Herman H, Boldura O, et al. Evaluation of Hepatotoxicity with Treatment Doses of Flucytosine and Amphotericin B for Invasive Fungal Infections. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:5398730 pubmed publisher..The use of combined antifungal therapy needs to be dose limiting due to the associated risk of liver injury, especially for those patients with hepatic dysfunction. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Cardiomyocyte precursors and telocytes in epicardial stem cell niche: electron microscope images. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:871-7 pubmed publisher..In our opinion, stem cells, cardiomyocyte progenitors and telocytes sustain a continuous cardiac renewal process in the adult mammalian heart. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Cardiac telocytes - their junctions and functional implications. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:265-79 pubmed publisher..This integrated interstitial system appears to be composed of large homotropic zones (TC-TC junctions) and limited (distinct) heterotropic zones (heterocellular junctions of TCs). ..
- Zaharia C, Zecheru T, Moreau M, Pascaretti Grizon F, Mabilleau G, Marculescu B, et al. Chemical structure of methylmethacrylate-2-[2',3',5'-triiodobenzoyl]oxoethyl methacrylate copolymer, radio-opacity, in vitro and in vivo biocompatibility. Acta Biomater. 2008;4:1762-9 pubmed publisher..These combined results led to the suggestion that this type of polymer could be used as dental or bone cements in place of barium or zirconium particles, which are usually added to provide X-ray opacity...
- Trusca V, Florea I, Kardassis D, Gafencu A. STAT1 interacts with RXR? to upregulate ApoCII gene expression in macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40463 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed for the first time that STAT1 and RXR? physically interact to exert their regulatory function. ..
- Negroiu G, Dwek R, Petrescu S. Tyrosinase-related protein-2 and -1 are trafficked on distinct routes in B16 melanoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:914-21 pubmed..These data show that highly structural homologous glycoproteins use distinct trafficking pathways in the same cell. ..
- Trusca V, Fuior E, Florea I, Kardassis D, Simionescu M, Gafencu A. Macrophage-specific up-regulation of apolipoprotein E gene expression by STAT1 is achieved via long range genomic interactions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13891-904 pubmed publisher..1 and ME.2) and the apoE promoter indicates that these distal regulatory elements play an important role in the modulation of apoE gene expression in a cell-specific manner. ..
- Suciu L, Popescu B, Kostin S, Popescu L. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-?-positive telocytes in skeletal muscle interstitium. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:701-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a) PDGFR-? could be used as a marker for TCs and b) TCs are presumably a transitional population in the complex process of mural cell recruitment during angiogenesis and vascular remodelling. ..
- Kozuki T, Chikamori K, Surleac M, Micluta M, Petrescu A, Norris E, et al. Roles of the C-terminal domains of topoisomerase II? and topoisomerase II? in regulation of the decatenation checkpoint. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5995-6010 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that topo II? and topo II? cooperate to maintain genome stability, which may be distinctly modulated by their CTDs. ..
- Popescu L, Manole E, Serboiu C, Manole C, Suciu L, Gherghiceanu M, et al. Identification of telocytes in skeletal muscle interstitium: implication for muscle regeneration. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1379-92 pubmed publisher..We also described non-satellite (resident) progenitor cell niche. In culture, TCs (but not satellite cells) emerge from muscle explants and form networks suggesting a key role in muscle regeneration and repair, at least after trauma. ..
- Ghinea N, Fixman A, Alexandru D, Popov D, Hasu M, Ghitescu L, et al. Identification of albumin-binding proteins in capillary endothelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1988;107:231-9 pubmed..As indicated by cell surface iodination of isolated capillary endothelium followed by electroblotting, autoradiography, and incubation with Alb-Au, the bands specifically stained by this ligand are also labeled with radioiodine. ..
- Gilca M, Gaman L, Panait E, Stoian I, Atanasiu V. Chelidonium majus--an integrative review: traditional knowledge versus modern findings. Forsch Komplementmed. 2010;17:241-8 pubmed publisher..This review is intended to integrate traditional ethno-medical knowledge and modern scientific findings about C. majus in order to promote understanding of its therapeutic actions as well as its toxic potential...
- Gafencu A, Robciuc M, Fuior E, Zannis V, Kardassis D, Simionescu M. Inflammatory signaling pathways regulating ApoE gene expression in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21776-85 pubmed
- Combiescu M, Guillot S, Persu A, Baicus A, Pitigoi D, Balanant J, et al. Circulation of a type 1 recombinant vaccine-derived poliovirus strain in a limited area in Romania. Arch Virol. 2007;152:727-38 pubmed..These results reaffirm the importance of active surveillance for acute flaccid paralysis and poliovirus in both polio-free and polio-endemic countries. ..
- Popescu C, Paduraru C, Dwek R, Petrescu S. Soluble tyrosinase is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation substrate retained in the ER by calreticulin and BiP/GRP78 and not calnexin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13833-40 pubmed..The lack of specificity for calnexin interaction reveals a novel role for calreticulin in OCAI albinism. ..
- Paslaru L, Morange M, Mezger V. Phenotypic characterization of mouse embryonic fibroblasts lacking heat shock factor 2. J Cell Mol Med. 2003;7:425-35 pubmed..Therefore, the absence of HSF2 induces some but not all of the characteristics of the stress response. In addition, Hsf2(-/-) MEFS exhibited proliferation defects, altered morphology, remodeling of the fibronectin network. ..
- Negroiu G, Dwek R, Petrescu S. The inhibition of early N-glycan processing targets TRP-2 to degradation in B16 melanoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27035-42 pubmed..Clearly, TRP-2 has a distinct maturation pathway from tyrosinase and TRP-1 and possibly a second regulatory function within the cell. ..
- Apetrei N, Calugaru A, Kerek F, Panteli M, Rasit I, Cremer L, et al. A highly purified vegetal fraction able to modulate HMGB1 and to attenuate septic shock in mice. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 2011;70:114-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that the purified vegetal fraction may modulate inflammation by down-regulating the HMGB1, which can also explain its efficacy in septic shock in mice...