Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Bucharest, Bucureşti, Romania
Locale: Bucharest, Bucureşti, Romania
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Reid G, Flonta M. Physiology. Cold current in thermoreceptive neurons. Nature. 2001;413:480 pubmed..This current has features that are found in intact cold receptors, including sensitization by menthol, adaptation upon sustained cooling, and modulation by calcium, and is likely to be important in cold sensing. ..
- Amuzescu B, Segal A, Flonta M, Simaels J, Van Driessche W. Zinc is a voltage-dependent blocker of native and heterologously expressed epithelial Na+ channels. Pflugers Arch. 2003;446:69-77 pubmed
- Rosu T, Negoiu M, Pasculescu S, Pahontu E, Poirier D, Gulea A. Metal-based biologically active agents: Synthesis, characterization, antibacterial and antileukemia activity evaluation of Cu(II), V(IV) and Ni(II) complexes with antipyrine-derived compounds. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:774-81 pubmed publisher..Oxford 6538, Escherichia coli ATCC 10536 and Candida albicans ATCC 10231strains were studied and compared with those of free ligands. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Cardiomyocyte precursors and telocytes in epicardial stem cell niche: electron microscope images. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:871-7 pubmed publisher..In our opinion, stem cells, cardiomyocyte progenitors and telocytes sustain a continuous cardiac renewal process in the adult mammalian heart. ..
- GuÅ¢u C, Olaru O, Purdel N, Ilie M, NeamÅ¢u M, DÄƒnciulescu Miulescu R, et al. Comparative evaluation of short-term toxicity of inorganic arsenic compounds on Artemia salina. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:1091-6 pubmed..The predicted no effect concentration in the surface aquatic compartment corresponds to 10.38 Î¼g/L, similar to the limit imposed by Directive 98/83/EC. ..
- Dragostin O, Samal S, Dash M, Lupascu F, PÃ¢nzariu A, Tuchiluş C, et al. New antimicrobial chitosan derivatives for wound dressing applications. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;141:28-40 pubmed publisher..The obtained results strongly recommend the use of some of the newly developed chitosan derivatives as antimicrobial wound dressing biomaterials. ..
- Hristea A, Neacsu A, Ion D, Streinu Cercel A, Staniceanu F. BCG-related granulomatous hepatitis. Pneumologia. 2007;56:32-4 pubmed..PCR for M. bovis was positive in the liver tissue, confirming the mycobacterial dissemination. Our patient improved clinically with a regimen including both corticosteroids and antituberculosis agents. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Heterocellular communication in the heart: electron tomography of telocyte-myocyte junctions. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1005-11 pubmed publisher..More complex and atypical junctions could be observed between TCs and CMs at the level of intercalated discs. This study proves that TCs and CMs are directly connected and might represent a 'functional unit'. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Cardiac telocytes - their junctions and functional implications. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:265-79 pubmed publisher..This integrated interstitial system appears to be composed of large homotropic zones (TC-TC junctions) and limited (distinct) heterotropic zones (heterocellular junctions of TCs). ..
- Petrescu I, Chatterjee T, Schizas N. New records of Bodotriidae (Crustacea: Cumacea) from Puerto Rico with descriptions of three new species. Zootaxa. 2014;3873:526-40 pubmed publisher..nov. and Vaunthompsonia budaii sp. nov. are reported from a fringing reef off La Parguera, southwest coast of Puerto Rico and Vaunthompsonia cristata Bate, 1858 represents a new record for Puerto Rico from the mesophotic reefs. ..
- Ciobanu A, Selescu T, Gasler I, Soltuzu L, Babes A. Glycolytic metabolite methylglyoxal inhibits cold and menthol activation of the transient receptor potential melastatin type 8 channel. J Neurosci Res. 2016;94:282-94 pubmed publisher..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Iancu C, Iancu D, RenÅ£ea I, Hostiuc S, Dermengiu D, Rusu M. Molecular signatures of cardiac stem cells. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:1255-62 pubmed..In this review, we intended to summarize the actual knowledge about the main molecular markers of cardiac stem cells. ..
- Babes A, Fendler K. Na(+) transport, and the E(1)P-E(2)P conformational transition of the Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase. Biophys J. 2000;79:2557-71 pubmed..Ionic strength and lyotropic anions both decrease the relaxation rate. However, while ionic strength does not change the position of the conformational equilibrium E(1)P <--> E(2)P, lyotropic anions shift it to E(1)P. ..
- Badiu C, Badiu L, Coculescu M, Vilhardt H, Møller M. Presence of oxytocinergic neuronal-like cells in the bovine pineal gland: an immunocytochemical and in situ hybridization study. J Pineal Res. 2001;31:273-80 pubmed..The significance of intrinsic oxytocin innervation of the bovine pineal gland, as well as the threefold increase of the oxytocin content in the pineal in September, remains to be elucidated. ..
- Mandache E, Vidulescu C, Gherghiceanu M, Dragomir P, Popescu L. Neoductular progenitor cells regenerate hepatocytes in severely damaged liver: a comparative ultrastructural study. J Cell Mol Med. 2002;6:59-73 pubmed..An intermediate stage with "mixed" ductular and hepatocytic polarity was described. ..
- Popescu A, Vidulescu C, Stanciu C, Popescu B, Popescu L. Selective protection by phosphatidic acid against staurosporine-induced neuronal apoptosis. J Cell Mol Med. 2002;6:433-8 pubmed..We therefore conclude that phosphatidic acid has neuroprotective potential in neurons exposed to stimuli that trigger apoptosis. ..
- Ilie C, Chancellor M. Perspective of Botox for treatment of male lower urinary tract symptoms. Curr Opin Urol. 2009;19:20-5 pubmed publisher..BTX-A use in prostate disease is currently 'off-label'. ..
- Lupu A, Georgescu N, Calugaru A, Cremer L, Szegli G, Kerek F. The effects of cold atmospheric plasma jets on B16 and COLO320 tumoral cells. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 2009;68:136-44 pubmed..The obtained data represent a starting point for the study of a possible combined treatment (atmospheric pressure cold plasmas and a MDR efflux pumps inhibitor applied with chemotherapy). ..
- Rusu M, Pop F, Hostiuc S, Curca G, Jianu A, Paduraru D. Telocytes form networks in normal cardiac tissues. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:807-16 pubmed publisher..Larger c-kit positive multipolar TCs were found between cardiac muscle bundles. Our results support the existence of a cardiac network of telocytes. ..
- Song D, Cretoiu D, Zheng M, Qian M, Zhang M, Creţoiu S, et al. Comparison of Chromosome 4 gene expression profile between lung telocytes and other local cell types. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:71-80 pubmed publisher..The main functional networks were identified and analysed, pointing out to a TCs involvement in cellular signalling, regulation of tissue inflammation and cell expansion and movement. ..
- Moldovan M, Constantinescu A, Balseanu A, Oprescu N, Zagrean L, Popa Wagner A. Sleep deprivation attenuates experimental stroke severity in rats. Exp Neurol. 2010;222:135-43 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that brief TSD induces a neuroprotective response that limits the severity of a subsequent stroke, similar to rapid ischemic preconditioning. ..
- Reid G, Babes A, Pluteanu F. A cold- and menthol-activated current in rat dorsal root ganglion neurones: properties and role in cold transduction. J Physiol. 2002;545:595-614 pubmed..We conclude that the cold- and menthol-activated current is the major mechanism responsible for cold-induced depolarisation in DRG neurones, and largely accounts for the known transduction properties of intact cold receptors. ..
- Calin M, Gruia M, Herascu N, Coman T. The monitoring of the accumulation of protoporphyrin IX in Walker tumours by subcutaneous administration of delta-aminolevulinic acid. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2004;4:247-51 pubmed..Further studies are needed to confirm these encouraging results and to define the PDT protocols using subcutaneous administration of ALA solution ..
- Maraloiu V, Appaix F, Broisat A, Le Guellec D, Teodorescu V, Ghezzi C, et al. Multiscale investigation of USPIO nanoparticles in atherosclerotic plaques and their catabolism and storage in vivo. Nanomedicine. 2016;12:191-200 pubmed publisher..The biophysical data generated from this study could enable the possible use of these nanoparticles for the benefits of clinical patients. ..
- Zambori C, Morvay A, Sala C, Licker M, Gurban C, Tanasie G, et al. Antimicrobial effect of probiotics on bacterial species from dental plaque. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016;10:214-21 pubmed publisher..casei DG has a bactericidal effect on all analyzed species isolated from dental plaque and that the mix culture of probiotic L. acidophilus LA-5 and Bifidobacterium BB-12 has only a bacteriostatic effect. ..
- Chifiriuc M, Ditu L, Banu O, Bleotu C, Drăcea O, Bucur M, et al. Subinhibitory concentrations of phenyl lactic acid interfere with the expression of virulence factors in Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical strains. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 2009;68:27-33 pubmed
- Tudor P, Turcitu M, Mateescu C, Dantas Torres F, Tudor N, BÄƒrbuceanu F, et al. Zoonotic ocular onchocercosis caused by Onchocerca lupi in dogs in Romania. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:859-62 pubmed publisher..This article expands knowledge on the distribution of this parasite in Eastern Europe and sounds an alarm bell for ophthalmologists about the possible occurrence of human cases of O. lupi infection. ..
- Gherghiceanu M, Popescu L. Electron microscope tomography: further demonstration of nanocontacts between caveolae and smooth muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Mol Med. 2007;11:1416-8 pubmed publisher..Using EMT we further demonstrate here that caveolae and peripheral SR in visceral SMC build constantly spatial units, presumably responsible for a vectorial control of free Ca2+ cytoplasmic concentrations in definite nanospaces. ..
- Cismasiu V, Radu E, Popescu L. miR-193 expression differentiates telocytes from other stromal cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1071-4 pubmed publisher..In addition, the miRs which are specific to CMC and other muscle cells (e.g. miR-133a, miR-208a) are absent in TCs. Overall the data reinforce the view that TCs are a particular type of interstitial (mesenchymal) cells. ..
- Popescu L, Gherghiceanu M, Hinescu M, Cretoiu D, Ceafalan L, Regalia T, et al. Insights into the interstitium of ventricular myocardium: interstitial Cajal-like cells (ICLC). J Cell Mol Med. 2006;10:429-58 pubmed..and/or chemomechanical sensors. For pathology, it seems attractive to think that ICLC might participate in the process of cardiac repair/remodeling, arrhythmogenesis and, eventually, sudden death. ..
- Babes A, Zorzon D, Reid G. A novel type of cold-sensitive neuron in rat dorsal root ganglia with rapid adaptation to cooling stimuli. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:691-8 pubmed..These neurons express a large and rapidly adapting cold-induced inward current with a time constant of adaptation in the seconds range, and may correspond to the rapidly adapting cold receptors described in vivo. ..
- Popescu L, Gherghiceanu M, Mandache E, Cretoiu D. Caveolae in smooth muscles: nanocontacts. J Cell Mol Med. 2006;10:960-90 pubmed..Close appositions (approximately 15 nm) have also been observed between caveolae and perinuclear SR cisternae, suggesting that caveolae might be directly implicated in excitation-transcription coupling. ..
- Hostiuc S, Moldoveanu A, DascÄƒlu M, Unnthorsson R, JÃ³hannesson Ã, Marcus I. Translational research-the need of a new bioethics approach. J Transl Med. 2016;14:16 pubmed publisher..We will show that a new approach is needed and present a few ethical issues that are specific to the translational research. ..
- Ilie A, Spulber S, Avramescu S, Nita D, Zagrean A, Zagrean L, et al. Delayed ischemic electrocortical suppression during rapid repeated cerebral ischemia and kainate-induced seizures in rat. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2135-44 pubmed..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis of a depletable adenosine pool; however, the restoration of synaptic transmission may be faster in vivo than in vitro. ..
- Turcitu M, Barboi G, Vuta V, Mihai I, Boncea D, Dumitrescu F, et al. Molecular epidemiology of rabies virus in Romania provides evidence for a high degree of heterogeneity and virus diversity. Virus Res. 2010;150:28-33 pubmed publisher..However two lineages were unique to Romania. This sequence diversity is unprecedented in European countries and could be a result of trans-border movement or remnants of previous epidemic waves. ..
- Popescu L, Gherghiceanu M, Suciu L, Manole C, Hinescu M. Telocytes and putative stem cells in the lungs: electron microscopy, electron tomography and laser scanning microscopy. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;345:391-403 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows the presence of TCs in lungs and identifies a TC-SC tandem in subepithelial niches of the bronchiolar tree. In TC-SCNs, the synergy of TCs and SCs may be based on nanocontacts and shed vesicles. ..
- Nedelcu R, Ion D, Holeab C, Cioplea M, BrÃ®nzea A, Zurac S. Dendritic cells in melanoma - immunohistochemical study and research trends. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2015;56:997-1002 pubmed
- Atanasiu V, Vătafu A. Folic acid age correlation established on folates determinations in cell homogenates. Rom J Physiol. 1994;31:69-73 pubmed..If the folates are reported to tissue protein milligrams it may be ascertained that a larger quantity of folates is found in the brains than in the other studied organs that may be due to big dilution of the proteins in the brains. ..
- Ilie A, Ciocan D, Constantinescu A, Zagrean A, Nita D, Zagrean L, et al. Endogenous activation of adenosine A1 receptors promotes post-ischemic electrocortical burst suppression. Neuroscience. 2009;159:1070-8 pubmed publisher..It is likely that synaptic depression by post-ischemic A1R activation functionally disrupts the connectivity within the cortical networks to an extent that promotes BS patterns. ..
- Ionita M, Howe D, Lyons E, Tolliver S, Kaplan R, Mitrea I, et al. Use of a reverse line blot assay to survey small strongyle (Strongylida: Cyathostominae) populations in horses before and after treatment with ivermectin. Vet Parasitol. 2010;168:332-7 pubmed publisher..These data confirm the ability of the PCR-RLB technique for simultaneous species-specific differentiation of equine strongyle eggs, indicating a valuable way of furthering drug-resistance studies...
- Popescu L, Manole E, Serboiu C, Manole C, Suciu L, Gherghiceanu M, et al. Identification of telocytes in skeletal muscle interstitium: implication for muscle regeneration. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1379-92 pubmed publisher..We also described non-satellite (resident) progenitor cell niche. In culture, TCs (but not satellite cells) emerge from muscle explants and form networks suggesting a key role in muscle regeneration and repair, at least after trauma. ..
- Iga D, Miscalencu D, Gălăşanu M. Phospholipids and gangliosides in the Rous sarcoma. Arch Roum Pathol Exp Microbiol. 1990;49:147-54 pubmed..5 +/- 0.19 micromoles phosphorus/g tissue in sarcomatous tissue. The concentration of lipid-bound sialic acids in normal tissues was 10.5 +/- 0 nmoles/g tissue and 24.27 +/- 0.8 nmoles/g tissue in sarcomatous tissue...
- Ghinea N, Fixman A, Alexandru D, Popov D, Hasu M, Ghitescu L, et al. Identification of albumin-binding proteins in capillary endothelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1988;107:231-9 pubmed..As indicated by cell surface iodination of isolated capillary endothelium followed by electroblotting, autoradiography, and incubation with Alb-Au, the bands specifically stained by this ligand are also labeled with radioiodine. ..
- Cracea E. Q fever epidemiology in Roumania. Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A. 1987;267:7-9 pubmed..The necessity of elucidation of the mechanism of generation of actual cases is emphasized since no relation with the usual animal sources could be established...
- Popescu C, Paduraru C, Dwek R, Petrescu S. Soluble tyrosinase is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation substrate retained in the ER by calreticulin and BiP/GRP78 and not calnexin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13833-40 pubmed..The lack of specificity for calnexin interaction reveals a novel role for calreticulin in OCAI albinism. ..
- Negroiu G, Dwek R, Petrescu S. Tyrosinase-related protein-2 and -1 are trafficked on distinct routes in B16 melanoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:914-21 pubmed..These data show that highly structural homologous glycoproteins use distinct trafficking pathways in the same cell. ..
- Burlibaşa L, Gavrila L. Molecular and ultrastructural studies of the sperm chromatin from Triturus cristatus. Zygote. 2005;13:197-205 pubmed..We focused our investigations on the dynamics of chromatin structure after treatment with TSA (a histone deacetylase inhibitor)...
- Popescu L, Ciontea S, Cretoiu D. Interstitial Cajal-like cells in human uterus and fallopian tube. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1101:139-65 pubmed..Consequently, there is a great urge for a conceptual framework that could allow a better understanding, from a functional point of view, and more so, as the ICLC processes are the longest cellular prolongations (except neurons). ..
- Gafencu A, Robciuc M, Fuior E, Zannis V, Kardassis D, Simionescu M. Inflammatory signaling pathways regulating ApoE gene expression in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21776-85 pubmed
- Zaharia C, Zecheru T, Moreau M, Pascaretti Grizon F, Mabilleau G, Marculescu B, et al. Chemical structure of methylmethacrylate-2-[2',3',5'-triiodobenzoyl]oxoethyl methacrylate copolymer, radio-opacity, in vitro and in vivo biocompatibility. Acta Biomater. 2008;4:1762-9 pubmed publisher..These combined results led to the suggestion that this type of polymer could be used as dental or bone cements in place of barium or zirconium particles, which are usually added to provide X-ray opacity...
- Trusca V, Florea I, Kardassis D, Gafencu A. STAT1 interacts with RXR? to upregulate ApoCII gene expression in macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40463 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed for the first time that STAT1 and RXR? physically interact to exert their regulatory function. ..
- Mitrea I, Ionita M, Wassermann M, Solcan G, Romig T. Cystic echinococcosis in Romania: an epidemiological survey of livestock demonstrates the persistence of hyperendemicity. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2012;9:980-5 pubmed publisher..The study emphasizes the hyperendemic presence of E. granulosus in Romania and outlines the necessity for the urgent development of sustainable surveillance and control strategies both in animals and humans...
- Dobrila L, Serban G, Heltianu C, Dorbrila L. Identification of albumin-binding proteins of thymocyte plasmalemma. Biosci Rep. 1996;16:425-38 pubmed..These data indicate that ABP (i) are components of thymocyte plasma membrane, (ii) have apparent molecular mass of 16-18 and 29-31 kDa, and (iii) are exposed on the outer membrane surface. ..
- Ciucu A, Negulescu C, Baldwin R. Detection of pesticides using an amperometric biosensor based on ferophthalocyanine chemically modified carbon paste electrode and immobilized bienzymatic system. Biosens Bioelectron. 2003;18:303-10 pubmed..35 V vs. Ag/AgCl. The decrease of substrate steady-state current caused by the addition of pesticide was used for evaluation. With this approach, up to 10(-10) M of paraoxon and carbofuran can be detected...
- Bratosin D, Estaquier J, Slomianny C, Tissier J, Quatannens B, Bulai T, et al. On the evolution of erythrocyte programmed cell death: apoptosis of Rana esculenta nucleated red blood cells involves cysteine proteinase activation and mitochondrion permeabilization. Biochimie. 2004;86:183-92 pubmed..Our observations highlight the conservation of the programmed cell death machinery in erythrocytes across kingdom...
- Coman O, Rotar C, Stoleru S, Ghiţă Cristescu I, Paunescu H, Fulga I. Influencing vascular reactivity in vivo by histaminergic agonists and antagonists. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2007;48:403-6 pubmed..The results show differences in reactivity between iris and conjunctiva vascular territories. This data suggest that the population of histamine receptors differs between these two vascular areas. ..
- Coman O, Paunescu H, Coman L, Badarau A, Fulga I. Recent data on cannabinoids and their pharmacological implications in neuropathic pain. J Med Life. 2008;1:365-75 pubmed
- Creţu C, Codreanu R, Mastalier B, Popa L, Cordos I, Beuran M, et al. Albendazole associated to surgery or minimally invasive procedures for hydatid disease--how much and how long. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2012;107:15-21 pubmed..Treatment is multimodal, surgical and medical. Risks for dangerous complications and relapses are quite common. Adequate follow-up is needed. Albendazole has a central role in the medical therapy of the disease...
- Apetrei N, Calugaru A, Kerek F, Panteli M, Rasit I, Cremer L, et al. A highly purified vegetal fraction able to modulate HMGB1 and to attenuate septic shock in mice. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 2011;70:114-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that the purified vegetal fraction may modulate inflammation by down-regulating the HMGB1, which can also explain its efficacy in septic shock in mice...
- Gradinaru D, Minn A, Artur Y, Minn A, Heydel J. Effect of oxidative stress on UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in rat astrocytes. Toxicol Lett. 2012;213:316-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an experimental increase in oxidative cellular status could have both immediate and long term consequences on detoxification enzymatic system activity and expression. ..
- Gagniuc P, Ionescu Tirgoviste C. Eukaryotic genomes may exhibit up to 10 generic classes of gene promoters. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:512 pubmed publisher..In addition, the existence of "transitional" promoters suggests that there is an evolutionary weighted continuum between classes, depending perhaps upon changes in their gene products. ..
- Zamfir L, Rotariu L, Bala C. Acetylcholinesterase biosensor for carbamate drugs based on tetrathiafulvalene-tetracyanoquinodimethane/ionic liquid conductive gels. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;46:61-7 pubmed publisher..Very low detection limits of 26 pM eserine and 0.3 nM neostigmine were achieved. The analysis of spiked tap water proved the biosensor capability to be used as a screening method for detection of carbamate drugs in wastewaters...
- Grigore A, Colceru Mihul S, Litescu S, Panteli M, Rasit I. Correlation between polyphenol content and anti-inflammatory activity of Verbascum phlomoides (mullein). Pharm Biol. 2013;51:925-9 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, information regarding the influence of the polyphenol content on pharmacological activity is scarce...
- Georgescu A, Alexandru N, Andrei E, Dragan E, Cochior D, Dias S. Effects of transplanted circulating endothelial progenitor cells and platelet microparticles in atherosclerosis development. Biol Cell. 2016;108:219-43 pubmed publisher..Our results support the notion that increasing the number of circulating endothelial progenitor cells by different ways could be a promising therapeutic tool for atherosclerosis. ..
- Kozuki T, Chikamori K, Surleac M, Micluta M, Petrescu A, Norris E, et al. Roles of the C-terminal domains of topoisomerase II? and topoisomerase II? in regulation of the decatenation checkpoint. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5995-6010 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that topo II? and topo II? cooperate to maintain genome stability, which may be distinctly modulated by their CTDs. ..
- Popov D, Hasu M, Ghinea N, Simionescu N, Simionescu M. Cardiomyocytes express albumin binding proteins. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 1992;24:989-1002 pubmed..The observations revealed that albumin interacts with relatively high affinity with specific binding sites on cardiomyocyte sarcolemma. This interaction may be a recognition step for subsequent fatty acid dissociation and translocation. ..
- Panaitescu D, Preda A, Bain O, Vasile Bugarin A. Four cases of human filariosis due to Setaria labiatopapillosa found in Bucharest, Romania. Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol. 1999;58:203-7 pubmed..The treatment was surgical (excision) and DEC 1 mg/kg body weight. The vector insect cannot be specified. We stress that to our knowledge these are the first reported cases of human infection with Setaria labiatopapillosa...
- Negroiu G, Dwek R, Petrescu S. The inhibition of early N-glycan processing targets TRP-2 to degradation in B16 melanoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27035-42 pubmed..Clearly, TRP-2 has a distinct maturation pathway from tyrosinase and TRP-1 and possibly a second regulatory function within the cell. ..
- Dinu D, Nechifor M, Movileanu L. Ethanol-induced alterations of the antioxidant defense system in rat kidney. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2005;19:386-95 pubmed..These results showed specific changes in rat kidney antioxidant system and glutathione status as a consequence of long-term ethanol administration. ..
- Combiescu M, Guillot S, Persu A, Baicus A, Pitigoi D, Balanant J, et al. Circulation of a type 1 recombinant vaccine-derived poliovirus strain in a limited area in Romania. Arch Virol. 2007;152:727-38 pubmed..These results reaffirm the importance of active surveillance for acute flaccid paralysis and poliovirus in both polio-free and polio-endemic countries. ..
- Hinescu M, Popescu L, Gherghiceanu M, Faussone Pellegrini M. Interstitial Cajal-like cells in rat mesentery: an ultrastructural and immunohistochemical approach. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:260-70 pubmed publisher..It remains, however, to be established if and how such cells are connected with the archetypal enteric ICC...
- Burlibaşa L, Zarnescu O, Cucu N, Gavrila L. Chromatin dynamics in Triturus cristatus oogenesis: an epigenetic approach. Zygote. 2008;16:315-26 pubmed publisher..8S-28S) promoter region. Our findings suggest that there is an involvement of some epigenetic modifications as well as of linker histone variants in chromatin architecture dynamics during crested newt oogenesis...
- Prunescu C, Prunescu P, Pucek Z, Lom J. The first finding of myxosporean development from plasmodia to spores in terrestrial mammals: Soricimyxum fegati gen. et sp. n. (Myxozoa) from Sorex araneus (Soricomorpha). Folia Parasitol (Praha). 2007;54:159-64 pubmed..Spores were of an ovoid shape, 7 microm long, 5.4 microm wide and about 3.5 microm thick. They had two shell valves and two equal polar capsules, located in opposite ends of the spore. ..
- Ceanga M, Spataru A, Zagrean A. Oxytocin is neuroprotective against oxygen-glucose deprivation and reoxygenation in immature hippocampal cultures. Neurosci Lett. 2010;477:15-8 pubmed publisher..Perinatal pharmacologic manipulation of oxytocin receptors may have detrimental effects by increasing susceptibility of the fetal brain to hypoxic-ischemic insults. ..
- Trusca V, Fuior E, Florea I, Kardassis D, Simionescu M, Gafencu A. Macrophage-specific up-regulation of apolipoprotein E gene expression by STAT1 is achieved via long range genomic interactions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13891-904 pubmed publisher..1 and ME.2) and the apoE promoter indicates that these distal regulatory elements play an important role in the modulation of apoE gene expression in a cell-specific manner. ..
- Magdalena L, Coipan E, Vladimirescu A, Savu L, Costache M, Gavrila L. Downregulation of hsp22 gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster from sites located near chemical plants. Genet Mol Res. 2012;11:739-45 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of in vivo studies to demonstrate genome plasticity to overcome different damages induced by any presumed source of stress. ..
- Heltianu C, Dobrila L, Antohe F, Simionescu M. Evidence for thyroxine transport by the lung and heart capillary endothelium. Microvasc Res. 1989;37:188-203 pubmed
- Groza P, Artino Rădulescu M, Nicolescu E, Munteanu A, Lungu D. Blood coagulation and fibrinolysis in hyperthermic rats. Physiologie. 1987;24:213-20 pubmed..The HT was less influenced. It results that these exposures, produced effects similar with hyperthermia. Heating rats after these daily repeated exposures does not influence these already changed parameters...
- Babes A, Zorzon D, Reid G. Two populations of cold-sensitive neurons in rat dorsal root ganglia and their modulation by nerve growth factor. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2276-82 pubmed
- Gradinaru D, Minn A, Artur Y, Minn A, Heydel J. Drug metabolizing enzyme expression in rat choroid plexus: effects of in vivo xenobiotics treatment. Arch Toxicol. 2009;83:581-6 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize that xenobiotics could modulate the biotransformation of exogenous and/or endogenous compounds in the choroids plexus, and underline the role of UGTs in the maintenance of brain homeostasis. ..
- Neacsu C, Ciobanu C, Barbu I, Toader O, Szegli G, Kerek F, et al. Substance MCS-18 isolated from Helleborus purpurascens is a potent antagonist of the capsaicin receptor, TRPV1, in rat cultured sensory neurons. Physiol Res. 2010;59:289-98 pubmed..The antagonism of the capsaicin and proton action on native TRPV1 by MCS-18 may be of interest for pain therapy...
- Tanasescu R, Constantinescu C. Cannabinoids and the immune system: an overview. Immunobiology. 2010;215:588-97 pubmed publisher..However, aspects of their immunomodulatory effects provide the basis for a context-dependent targeted therapeutic approach, thus leading to the possibility for the use of cannabinoids in the treatment of inflammatory disease. ..
- Gilca M, Gaman L, Panait E, Stoian I, Atanasiu V. Chelidonium majus--an integrative review: traditional knowledge versus modern findings. Forsch Komplementmed. 2010;17:241-8 pubmed publisher..This review is intended to integrate traditional ethno-medical knowledge and modern scientific findings about C. majus in order to promote understanding of its therapeutic actions as well as its toxic potential...
- Haraba R, Suica V, Uyy E, Ivan L, Antohe F. Hyperlipidemia stimulates the extracellular release of the nuclear high mobility group box 1 protein. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;346:361-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the data suggest new potentials for statin therapy, with improved effects on patients with systemic inflammation induced by hyperlipidemia. ..