Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on homeodomain proteins in Porto, Portugal
Locale: Porto, Portugal
Topic: homeodomain proteins
- Barros R, Mendes N, Howe J, Reis C, de Bolos C, Carneiro F, et al. Juvenile polyps have gastric differentiation with MUC5AC expression and downregulation of CDX2 and SMAD4. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;131:765-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, juvenile polyps have gastric transdifferentiation associated with downregulation of CDX2 and SMAD4, lending support to the role of the BMP/SMAD pathway in CDX2 regulation. ..
- Moutinho Pereira S, Debec A, Maiato H. Microtubule cytoskeleton remodeling by acentriolar microtubule-organizing centers at the entry and exit from mitosis in Drosophila somatic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2796-808 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a new form of cell cycle-regulated MTOCs that contribute for MT cytoskeleton remodeling during mitotic spindle assembly/disassembly in animal somatic cells, independently of centrioles. ..
- Barros R, Peleteiro B, Almeida R, Figueiredo C, Barros H, David L, et al. Relevance of high virulence Helicobacter pylori strains and futility of CDX2 expression for predicting intestinal metaplasia after eradication of infection. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:828-34 pubmed publisher..pylori strains, IM is a point of difficult return in the gastric carcinogenic pathway. The appearance of CDX-expressing cells in non-metaplastic foci was not associated with the development of IM during the six-year follow-up. ..
- Camilo V, Barros R, Sousa S, Magalhães A, Lopes T, Mário Santos A, et al. Helicobacter pylori and the BMP pathway regulate CDX2 and SOX2 expression in gastric cells. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:1985-92 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel link between H. pylori infection and the BMP pathway in the regulation of intestinal and gastric-specific genes that might be relevant for gastric IM. ..
- Barros R, Freund J, David L, Almeida R. Gastric intestinal metaplasia revisited: function and regulation of CDX2. Trends Mol Med. 2012;18:555-63 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the pathophysiology of intestinal metaplasia in the context of the molecular network involved in its establishment and maintenance, with emphasis on CDX2 function and regulation...
- Mesquita P, Jonckheere N, Almeida R, Ducourouble M, Serpa J, Silva E, et al. Human MUC2 mucin gene is transcriptionally regulated by Cdx homeodomain proteins in gastrointestinal carcinoma cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51549-56 pubmed