Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Olsztyn, Warmian Masurian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Olsztyn, Warmian Masurian Voivodeship, Poland
- Korzeniewska E, Korzeniewska A, Harnisz M. Antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli in hospital and municipal sewage and their emission to the environment. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;91:96-102 pubmed publisher..Presumably, the preliminary disinfection of hospital sewage before its inflow into the sewage system might minimize the spreading of antibiotic-resistant bacteria to the environment. ..
- Paszkowska E, Wasilewski G, Szalcunas Olsztyn A, Widawski T, Stefanowicz E. Usefulness of ct scans and radiographs in the assessment of cervical spine injuries in polytrauma patients - own experience. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2010;12:12-8 pubmed..Its other advantages are the short time required to perform the scan and the possibility of supporting vital functions in polytrauma patients during the examination. ..
- Urrets ZavalÃa J, EspÃ³sito E, Garay I, Monti R, Ruiz Lascano A, Correa L, et al. The eye and the skin in endocrine metabolic diseases. Clin Dermatol. 2016;34:151-65 pubmed publisher..This review emphasizes the ocular and skin manifestations of different metabolic diseases of endocrine origin. ..
- Iwan M, Jarmołowska B, Bielikowicz K, Kostyra E, Kostyra H, Kaczmarski M. Transport of micro-opioid receptor agonists and antagonist peptides across Caco-2 monolayer. Peptides. 2008;29:1042-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, the hydrolysis of beta-casomorphins during 60 min of experiment by dipeptidyl peptidase IV was observed. The data suggest the possibility of transport of opioid peptides derived from food across human intestinal mucosa. ..
- Urrets ZavalÃa J, EspÃ³sito E, Garay I, Monti R, Ruiz Lascano A, Correa L, et al. The eye and the skin in nonendocrine metabolic disorders. Clin Dermatol. 2016;34:166-82 pubmed publisher..Distinctive ocular and skin manifestations accompany many metabolic diseases and may provide clues for their diagnosis and evolution. ..
- Modzelewska KapituÅ‚a M, Nogalski Z. The influence of diet on collagen content and quality attributes of infraspinatus muscle from Holstein-Friesian young bulls. Meat Sci. 2016;117:158-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, feeding Holstein-Friesian bulls with increased energy value fodder beneficially affected its slaughter value and collagen profile in infraspinatus muscle. ..
- Jarmołowska B, Bielikowicz K, Iwan M, Sidor K, Kostyra E, Kaczmarski M. Serum activity of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV; EC 18.104.22.168) in breast-fed infants with symptoms of allergy. Peptides. 2007;28:678-82 pubmed..We have found correlation between those two parameters in the group of children with atopic dermatitis syndromes, while no such a correlation was found in the control group. ..
- Majewski M, Kozlowska A, Thoene M, Lepiarczyk E, Grzegorzewski W. Overview of the role of vitamins and minerals on the kynurenine pathway in health and disease. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;67:3-19 pubmed..Whether a mineral surplus influences L-tryptophan metabolism is still not established. It seems that cofactor deficiencies influence the KP far more than surpluses. ..
- Åebkowska A, Adamska A, Karczewska Kupczewska M, NikoÅ‚ajuk A, Otziomek E, Milewski R, et al. Serum anti-MÃ¼llerian hormone concentration in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and type 1 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2016;65:804-11 pubmed publisher..73; 95% CI 1.07-2.79, p=0.023). Women with T1DM and PCOS have a similar hormonal profile and serum AMH concentrations as observed in classic PCOS. ..
- Wojtukiewicz M, Sierko E, Rybaltowski M, Filipczyk Cisarz E, Staroslawska E, Tujakowski J, et al. The Polish Cancer Anemia Survey (POLCAS): a retrospective multicenter study of 999 cases. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:276-284 pubmed publisher..In Poland the occurrence of anemia in cancer patients is as high as 70%. Anemia in this group of patients is underestimated and undertreated. This calls for more attention of physicians providing medical care to cancer patients. ..
- Czaprowski D, Pawłowska P, Gębicka A, Sitarski D, Kotwicki T. Intra- and interobserver repeatability of the assessment of anteroposterior curvatures of the spine using Saunders digital inclinometer. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2012;14:145-53 pubmed publisher..The assessment of anteroposterior curvatures of the spine should be preceded by a verification of measurement reliability. ..
- Maslanka T, Jaroszewski J. In vitro studies on the influence of dexamethasone and meloxicam on bovine WC1+ ?? T cells. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;151:248-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that care should be taken when administering this medication to animals with bacterial or viral infections, and we should avoid giving it to patients suffering from allergic or autoimmune disorders. ..
- Grzybowski A, Sak J. Edmund Biernacki (1866-1911): Discoverer of the erythrocyte sedimentation rate. On the 100th anniversary of his death. Clin Dermatol. 2011;29:697-703 pubmed..In addition, it is also frequently omitted that before Westergren's and FÃ¥hraeus's reports were published, ESR was also noticed by Ludwig Hirschfeld in 1917. ..
- Bodek G, Rahman N, Zaleska M, Soliymani R, Lankinen H, Hansel W, et al. A novel approach of targeted ablation of mammary carcinoma cells through luteinizing hormone receptors using Hecate-CGbeta conjugate. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003;79:1-10 pubmed..At a concentration of 33 microM the conjugate inhibited (50%; IC50) the binding of CG to LHR. We suggest further development of this novel approach for the treatment of breast cancer by the Hecate-CGbeta for in vivo trials. ..
- Matulewicz N, Stefanowicz M, Nikolajuk A, Karczewska Kupczewska M. Markers of Adipogenesis, but Not Inflammation, in Adipose Tissue Are Independently Related to Insulin Sensitivity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3040-3049 pubmed publisher..Macrophages seem to be the first immune cells to infiltrate AT. Adipogenesis and ECM remodeling are the initial processes in AT that are independently associated with insulin sensitivity. ..
- Och W, Kulbacki K, Szostak B, Sikorska B, Zakrzewska M, Szmuda T, et al. The molecular pattern of histopathological progression to anaplastic meningioma - A case report. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2016;50:288-93 pubmed publisher..The evolution of genetic and histopathological changes was presented in the same patient. In the future, the individualised therapy of potentially more aggressive forms of MGs could be based on certain chromosome aberrations. ..
- Kowalczyk A, Krazinski B, Godlewski J, Grzegrzolka J, Kiewisz J, Kwiatkowski P, et al. SATB1 is Down-regulated in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma and Correlates with miR-21-5p Overexpression and Poor Prognosis. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2016;13:209-17 pubmed..Decreased expression of SATB1 in ccRCC may result from over-expressed miR-21-5p. Our data suggest that SATB1 may have a potential value as a prognostic marker in ccRCC. ..
- Grzybowski A, Sak J, Pawlikowski J, Nita M. Leprosy: Social implications from antiquity to the present. Clin Dermatol. 2016;34:8-10 pubmed publisher..Admission to a leprosarium was mandatory not only for patients with leprosy but also even those suspected of having the disease. ..
- Skipor J, Thiery J. The choroid plexus--cerebrospinal fluid system: undervaluated pathway of neuroendocrine signaling into the brain. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2008;68:414-28 pubmed..More recent studies suggest, however, that the CP and CSF system play a much more active role in the function of the central nervous system being a target, source and pathway for neuroendocrine signaling within the brain. ..
- Nita M, Grzybowski A. The Role of the Reactive Oxygen Species and Oxidative Stress in the Pathomechanism of the Age-Related Ocular Diseases and Other Pathologies of the Anterior and Posterior Eye Segments in Adults. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:3164734 pubmed publisher..ROS are associated with the pathophysiological parainflammation and autophagy process in the course of the age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Turno KrÄ™cicka A, Grzybowski A, Misiuk HojÅ‚o M, Patryn E, Czajor K, Nita M. Ocular changes induced by drugs commonly used in dermatology. Clin Dermatol. 2016;34:129-37 pubmed publisher..The knowledge of screening schemes and closer cooperation between physicians may decrease the risk of serious or irreversible ocular side effects. ..
- Huzarski T, Byrski T, Gronwald J, Cybulski C, Oszurek O, Szwiec M, et al. The impact of oophorectomy on survival after breast cancer in BRCA1-positive breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;156:371-8 pubmed publisher..44; 95Â % CI 0.22-0.89; pÂ =Â 0.02). Among women with breast cancer and a BRCA1 mutation, survival is greatly improved by oophorectomy due to the prevention of deaths from both breast and ovarian cancer. ..
- Kozak L. Genetic variation in brown fat activity and body weight regulation in mice: lessons for human studies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:370-6 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Modulation of Adipose Tissue in Health and Disease. ..
- Weidner S, Rybarczyk A, Karamać M, Król A, Mostek A, Grębosz J, et al. Differences in the phenolic composition and antioxidant properties between Vitis coignetiae and Vitis vinifera seeds extracts. Molecules. 2013;18:3410-26 pubmed publisher..The total contents of phenolic compounds and tannins in acetone extracts were higher than in methanolic extracts. Acetone extracts also exhibited stronger antiradical properties as well as stronger reducing power. ..
- Chu D, Gawronska Kozak B. Brown and brite adipocytes: Same function, but different origin and response. Biochimie. 2017;138:102-105 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this review are (1) to discuss the fate of primary adipocytes based on tissue origins, and (2) to discuss mechanisms of brown and brite adipogenesis which could lead to their different responses to browning reagents. ..
- Romaszko E, Marzec Wróblewska U, Badura A, Bucinski A. Does consumption of red grapefruit juice alter naringenin concentrations in milk produced by breastfeeding mothers?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185954 pubmed publisher..Consumption of 250 ml of red grapefruit juice by breastfeeding mothers does not significantly alter naringenin concentrations in their milk...
- Wiczkowski W, Romaszko J, Bucinski A, Szawara Nowak D, Honke J, Zielinski H, et al. Quercetin from shallots (Allium cepa L. var. aggregatum) is more bioavailable than its glucosides. J Nutr. 2008;138:885-8 pubmed..23 +/- 2.32 micromol x h(-1) x L(-1)). When provided along with dietary sources, quercetin aglycone is more bioavailable than its glucosides in humans. Results point to the food matrix as a key factor. ..
- Amarowicz R, Carle R, Dongowski G, Durazzo A, Galensa R, Kammerer D, et al. Influence of postharvest processing and storage on the content of phenolic acids and flavonoids in foods. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2009;53 Suppl 2:S151-83 pubmed publisher..Variety dependence must always be considered, for all classes of compounds. ..
- Cieslińska A, Kostyra E, Kostyra H, Oleński K, Fiedorowicz E, Kaminski S. Milk from cows of different ?-casein genotypes as a source of ?-casomorphin-7. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2012;63:426-30 pubmed publisher..The obtained results suggest a possibility to provide a new nutritional factor for milk quality based on the content of ?-casomorphin-7 liberated in vivo from milk digested by a mixture of the gastrointestinal enzymes. ..
- Zaleska M, Waclawik A, Bodek G, Zezula Szpyra A, Li X, Janowski T, et al. Growth repression in diethylstilbestrol/dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-induced rat mammary gland tumor using Hecate-CGbeta conjugate. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2004;229:335-44 pubmed..The mechanism of Hecate-CGbeta conjugate action in repression of DES/DMBA-induced tumor growth needs to be further analyzed to clarify the molecular mechanisms of Hecate-CGbeta conjugate action in vivo. ..
- Kaminski S, Cieslińska A, Kostyra E. Polymorphism of bovine beta-casein and its potential effect on human health. J Appl Genet. 2007;48:189-98 pubmed..Therefore, careful attention should be paid to that protein polymorphism, and deeper research is needed to verify the range and nature of its interactions with the human gastrointestinal tract and whole organism. ..
- Kaminska K, Wasielak M, Bogacka I, Blitek M, Bogacki M. Quantitative expression of lysophosphatidic acid receptor 3 gene in porcine endometrium during the periimplantation period and estrous cycle. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2008;85:26-32 pubmed..Higher mRNA level was noted in the horn containing embryos compared to the contralateral horn, where embryos did not develop. The results imply the important role of receptor LPA3 during early pregnancy. ..
- Amarowicz R, Dykes G, Pegg R. Antibacterial activity of tannin constituents from Phaseolus vulgaris, Fagoypyrum esculentum, Corylus avellana and Juglans nigra. Fitoterapia. 2008;79:217-9 pubmed publisher..Wide variations in antibacterial activities ranging from MICs of 62.5 to 500 microg/ml were apparent. Of particular note was a relatively high level of activity (62.5 to 125 microg/ml) for all extracts against Listeria monocytogenes...
- Bodek G, Vierre S, Rivero Muller A, Huhtaniemi I, Ziecik A, Rahman N. A novel targeted therapy of Leydig and granulosa cell tumors through the luteinizing hormone receptor using a hecate-chorionic gonadotropin beta conjugate in transgenic mice. Neoplasia. 2005;7:497-508 pubmed..These results prove the principle that the Hecate-CGbeta conjugate provides a novel specific lead into gonadal somatic cell cancer therapy by targeted destruction of LHR-expressing tumor cells. ..
- Czarnik U, Grzybowski G, Zabolewicz T, Strychalski J, Kaminski S. Deletion/insertion polymorphism of the prion protein gene (PRNP) in Polish red cattle, Polish White-backed cattle and European bison (Bison bonasus L., 1758). Genetika. 2009;45:519-25 pubmed..Differences between the observed and expected number of PRNP haplotypes were recorded in Polish Red cattle. ..
- Cybulski M, Cybulski L, Krajewska Kulak E, Cwalina U. Illness acceptance, pain perception and expectations for physicians of the elderly in Poland. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..The respondents, in regard to other groups described in the literature, were characterised by relatively high values in illness acceptance, pain control and expectations for physicians. ..
- Waclawik A, Kaczynski P, Jabbour H. Autocrine and paracrine mechanisms of prostaglandin E? action on trophoblast/conceptus cells through the prostaglandin E? receptor (PTGER2) during implantation. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3864-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mechanism through which PGE? increases trophoblast adhesion is not species specific because it is PTGER2- and integrin-dependent in both porcine and human trophoblast cells...
- Fernandez Orozco R, Zielinski H, Piskuła M. Contribution of low-molecular-weight antioxidants to the antioxidant capacity of raw and processed lentil seeds. Nahrung. 2003;47:291-9 pubmed
- Markiewicz L, Honke J, Haros M, Swiatecka D, Wroblewska B. Diet shapes the ability of human intestinal microbiota to degrade phytate--in vitro studies. J Appl Microbiol. 2013;115:247-59 pubmed publisher..The co-operation of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria is essential for the complete phytate degradation. This study provides insights on the effect of diet on specific metabolic activity of human intestinal microbiota. ..
- Godlewski J, Krazinski B, Kowalczyk A, Kiewisz J, Kiezun J, Kwiatkowski P, et al. Expression and Prognostic Significance of EP300, TP53 and BAX in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2927-2937 pubmed..Although TP53 and BAX immunoreactivity levels were associated with some clinicopathological parameters of the patients, the expression of EP300, TP53 and BAX did not reveal any prognostic significance in ccRCC. ..
- Felsmann M, Michalski M, Felsmann M, Sokół R, Szarek J, Strzyżewska Worotyńska E. Invasive forms of canine endoparasites as a potential threat to public health - A review and own studies. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:245-249 pubmed publisher..2%),[i] Trichuris vulpis [/i]eggs (6.6%), [i]Taenia[/i] type eggs (4.6%),[i] Dipylidium caninum[/i] (5.2%) and [i]Cystoisospora [/i](Isospora) spp. oocysts (10.9%). ..
- Kubiak K, Dzika E, Równiak J, Dziedziech M, Dzisko J. Seroprevalence of Lyme disease and genospecies of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in patients diagnosed with borreliosis in the Province of Warmia-Masuria in north-eastern Poland. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2012;19:203-7 pubmed..Among all the analysed antigens those of B. burgdorferi s.s. were the most frequent cause of immunological reaction, followed by antigens of B. afzelii and B. garinii. Reaction to antigens of B. spielmanii was rarely detected. ..
- Markiewicz W, Jaroszewski J, Bossowska A, Majewski M. NPY: its occurrence and relevance in the female reproductive system. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2003;41:183-92 pubmed..Thus, the present review was aimed at summarizing the current knowledge dealing with the physiological relevance of NPY in the regulation of female gonad and genital tract function, with a special regard to the pig as a model animal. ..
- Szypuła J, Kędziora J. [The use of platelet rich plasma in treatment of chronic inflammation of bones]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2009;27:132-5 pubmed..Based on the presented clinical analysis the use of platelet-rich plasma can be recommended in the treatment of the inflammation of bones. ..
- Erdmann W, Giovanis V, Aschenbrenner P, Kiriakis V, Suchanowski A. Methods for acquiring data on terrain geomorphology, course geometry and kinematics of competitors' runs in alpine skiing: a historical review. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:69-79 pubmed..Some methods were used together. In order to provide detailed data on course setting and skiers' running it is recommended to analyse course geometry and kinematics data of competitors' running for all important competitions. ..
- Szajdek A, Borowska E. Bioactive compounds and health-promoting properties of berry fruits: a review. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2008;63:147-56 pubmed publisher..It discusses the biological activity of those compounds, in particular their antioxidant properties and the resulting health benefits. ..
- Waclawik A. Novel insights into the mechanisms of pregnancy establishment: regulation of prostaglandin synthesis and signaling in the pig. Reproduction. 2011;142:389-99 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms of pregnancy establishment is required for translational research to increase reproductive efficiencies and fertility in humans and animals. ..
- Pietrzak M, Wieczorek Z, Stachelska A, Darzynkiewicz Z. Interactions of chlorophyllin with acridine orange, quinacrine mustard and doxorubicin analyzed by light absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy. Biophys Chem. 2003;104:305-13 pubmed..CHL, thus, may serve as an interceptor of these mutagenic acridines in different in vivo or in vitro applications. Its ability to interact with Dox may potentially be utilized to detoxify patients overdosed with this or similar drugs. ..
- Dynowska M, Biedunkiewicz A. [Pathogenic fungi with increasing proliferation]. Wiad Parazytol. 2001;47:609-13 pubmed..Most likely is this consequence successive of decrease immunity of man organism about infections yeast - like fungi...
- Skibniewska K, Smoczyński S. [The influence of cooking on radiocaesium contamination of edible mushrooms]. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 1999;50:157-62 pubmed..Samples of Xerocomus badius collected in various sites of North-East Poland in 1995 averaged to 195.4 +/- 125.5 Bq/kg of fresh weight...
- Romaszko J, Bucinski A, Wasiński R, Rosłan A, Bednarski K. Incidence and risk factors for pulmonary tuberculosis among the poor in the northern region of Poland. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2008;12:430-5 pubmed..Efficient TB control requires prevention programmes aimed at systematic monitoring of the homeless. A population with such a high proportion of TB patients is a dangerous source of TB. ..
- Stachelska Wierzchowska A, Wierzchowski J, Bzowska A, Wielgus Kutrowska B. Site-Selective Ribosylation of Fluorescent Nucleobase Analogs Using Purine-Nucleoside Phosphorylase as a Catalyst: Effects of Point Mutations. Molecules. 2015;21:E44 pubmed publisher..coli enzyme. ..
- Gielecki J, Zurada A, Kozłowska H, Nowak D, Loukas M. Morphometric and volumetric analysis of the middle cerebral artery in human fetuses. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2009;69:129-37 pubmed..No statistically significant differences were found between the mean values of the diameter, length and volume of the left and right M1 segments of the MCAs in all studied age groups...
- Wysocki P, Płucienniczak G, Strzezek J. High sequence homology between protein tyrosine acid phosphatase from boar seminal vesicles and human prostatic acid phosphatase. Acta Biochim Pol. 2009;56:481-6 pubmed..The compared sequences differ in terms of their isoelectric points and amino-acid composition. This may explain the differences in substrate specificity and inhibitor resistance of boar PTAP and human PAP. ..
- Gromadziński L, Przelaskowski P, Januszko Giergielewicz B, Górny J, Stankiewicz A, Każarnowicz A, et al. [Cardiac tamponade as the first symptom of lung cancer]. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2013;81:149-53 pubmed..Due to the recurrence of the life-threatening cardiac tamponade, video-assisted thoracoscopic pericardial fenestration was performed and systemic chemotherapy was introduced with good results. ..
- Iwan M, Vissers Y, Fiedorowicz E, Kostyra H, Kostyra E, Savelkoul H, et al. Impact of Maillard reaction on immunoreactivity and allergenicity of the hazelnut allergen Cor a 11. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:7163-71 pubmed publisher..This is possibly related to aggregation of the proteins as a result of the Maillard reaction. ..
- Młynarczuk J, Wrobel M, Kotwica J. Adverse influence of coumestrol on secretory function of bovine luteal cells in the first trimester of pregnancy. Environ Toxicol. 2013;28:411-8 pubmed publisher..Obtained results suggest that coumestrol impairs secretory function of the corpus luteum (CL) and this way it can affect the maintenance of pregnancy in the cow. ..
- Bandurska Stankiewicz E, Wiatr D. Diabetic blindness significantly reduced in the Warmia and Mazury Region of Poland: Saint Vincent Declaration targets achieved. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:722-7 pubmed..The authors' aim was to verify if the targets of the Saint Vincent Declaration concerning the reduction of diabetes-related blindness in the Warmia and Mazury Region, Poland, had been achieved...
- Waclawik A, Rivero Muller A, Blitek A, Kaczmarek M, Brokken L, Watanabe K, et al. Molecular cloning and spatiotemporal expression of prostaglandin F synthase and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 in porcine endometrium. Endocrinology. 2006;147:210-21 pubmed..Moreover, high expression of both PG synthases after initiation of implantation may indicate their significant role in placentation. ..
- Mogielnicka Brzozowska M, Kordan W. Characteristics of selected seminal plasma proteins and their application in the improvement of the reproductive processes in mammals. Pol J Vet Sci. 2011;14:489-99 pubmed..Addition of specific plasma proteins to a spermatozoa solution undergoing the process of preservation may be used to retain the features of the cells responsible for efficient fertilization. ..
- Ziecik A, Kaczmarek M, Blitek A, Kowalczyk A, Li X, Rahman N. Novel biological and possible applicable roles of LH/hCG receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;269:51-60 pubmed..The LH/hCG receptor expression in several cancer cells provides new possibilities for developing new strategies for targeted cancer therapy based on lytic LH/hCG conjugates. ..
- Kowalik M, Rekawiecki R, Kotwica J. The putative roles of nuclear and membrane-bound progesterone receptors in the female reproductive tract. Reprod Biol. 2013;13:279-89 pubmed publisher..This paper deals with the possible involvement of nuclear and membrane-bound progesterone receptors in the function of target cells within the female reproductive tract. ..
- Wadolowska L, Sobas K, Szczepanska J, Slowinska M, Czlapka Matyasik M, Niedzwiedzka E. Dairy products, dietary calcium and bone health: possibility of prevention of osteoporosis in women: the Polish experience. Nutrients. 2013;5:2684-707 pubmed publisher..Consumption of dairy products in childhood and adolescence may improve bone mineral density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis in adult women. ..
- Słowińska M, Olczak M, Liszewska E, Watorek W, Ciereszko A. Isolation, characterization and cDNA sequencing of acrosin from turkey spermatozoa. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:127-36 pubmed publisher..The high value of association constant strongly suggests that acrosin activity in turkeys can be controlled by a seminal plasma Kazal inhibitor under physiological conditions. ..