Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Sosnowiec, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Sosnowiec, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
- Fischer A, Kwapulinski J, Wiechuła D, Fischer T, Loska M. The occurrence of copper in deciduous teeth of girls and boys living in Upper Silesian Industry Region (Southern Poland). Sci Total Environ. 2008;389:315-9 pubmed..The results of the correlation analysis and cluster analysis indicate mainly the participation of lead, iron, manganese and chromium ions in the formation of copper content in hard tissue of deciduous teeth. ..
- Wrotniak M, Bielecki T, Gaździk T. Current opinion about using the platelet-rich gel in orthopaedics and trauma surgery. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2007;9:227-38 pubmed..The aim of this article is presentation of present knowledge about properties and possibilities of using platelet-rich plasma in the treatment of soft tissue and bone healing disturbances. ..
- Sliwiński L, Folwarczna J, Nowińska B, Cegieła U, Pytlik M, Kaczmarczyk Sedlak I, et al. A comparative study of the effects of genistein, estradiol and raloxifene on the murine skeletal system. Acta Biochim Pol. 2009;56:261-70 pubmed..Concluding, our experiments demonstrated profound differences between the activities of genistein, estradiol and raloxifene towards the osseous tissue in experimental conditions. ..
- GÃ³rny R, Harkawy A, Åawniczek WaÅ‚czyk A, Karbowska Berent J, WlazÅ‚o A, Niesler A, et al. Exposure to culturable and total microbiota in cultural heritage conservation laboratories. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2016;29:255-75 pubmed publisher..The hermetization of such workplaces and control of relative humidity should be implemented and maintained to assure proper hygienic conditions. ..
- Brodziak A, Brewczyński A, Bajor G. Clinical significance of knowledge about the structure, function, and impairments of working memory. Med Sci Monit. 2013;19:327-38 pubmed publisher..Finally, we briefly discuss methods for assessment of WMS capacity. This article establishes a kind of compendium of knowledge for clinicians who are not familiar with the structure and operation of the WMS. ..
- Sobczak A. The effects of tobacco smoke on the homocysteine level--a risk factor of atherosclerosis. Addict Biol. 2003;8:147-58 pubmed..There is also some evidence that certain life-style factors such as cigarette smoking may affect homocysteine levels. In this work is presented a review of recent opinion about the influence of tobacco smoking on homocysteine levels. ..
- Kapral M, Wawszczyk J, Hollek A, Dymitruk D, Węglarz L. Inhibitory effect of inositol hexaphosphate on metalloproteinases transcription in colon cancer cells stimulated with phorbol-12-myristate 13-acetate. Acta Pol Pharm. 2012;69:1307-12 pubmed..IP6 could be an effective anti-metastatic agent that suppresses expression of MMP genes at transcription level. ..
- Orchel J, Witek L, Kimsa M, Strzalka Mrozik B, Kimsa M, Olejek A, et al. Expression patterns of kinin-dependent genes in endometrial cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:937-44 pubmed publisher..This will eventually help to improve treatment strategies for patients with endometrial cancer in the future. ..
- Zajdel A, Wilczok A, Tarkowski M. Toxic effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in human lung A549 cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2015;30:486-91 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of the autophagic process enhanced the cell viability, suppressed cell death, and decreased activation of caspase-3/7 indicating that EPA and DHA-induced autophagy amplified A549 apoptotic cell death. ..
- Chudzik M, Równicka Zubik J, Pożycka J, Pawelczak B, Sulkowska A. Analysis of Aged Human Serum Albumin Affinity for Doxazosin. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2016;17:198-208 pubmed..The binding interaction between DOX and HSA has been also studied by molecular docking simulation. ..
- Bojko B, Sułkowska A, Maciazek M, Równicka J, Njau F, Sułkowski W. Changes of serum albumin affinity for aspirin induced by fatty acid. Int J Biol Macromol. 2008;42:314-23 pubmed publisher..The differences in interaction between ligands and human or bovine serum albumins were identified. The competition in binding of ligands with these albumins was also described. ..
- Kaspera W, Rothkegel K, Stadnicki A. Subdural hematoma in a patient with Hageman trait--case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2005;45:640-4 pubmed
- Komosinska Vassev K, Olczyk P, Winsz Szczotka K, Klimek K, Olczyk K. Age- and gender-dependent changes in circulating concentrations of tumor necrosis factor-?, soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 and sulfated glycosaminoglycan in healthy people. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:121-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, serum concentrations of biomolecules involved in pro- and anti-inflammatory responses are not increased in healthy elderly subjects. ..
- Bat B, Lodowska J, Orchel A, Parfiniewicz B, Węglarz L, Dzierzewicz Z, et al. Evaluation of biotransformation of sulphasalazine in the colon epithelial Caco-2 cells. Acta Pol Pharm. 2004;61 Suppl:8-10 pubmed..The other metabolite of SAS i.e., SP, was not transformed in the human colon cancer cells at all. ..
- Boryczka G, Hartleb M, Rudzki K, Janik M. Influence of an upright body position on the size of intrapulmonary blood shunts in patients with advanced liver cirrhosis. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;66:855-61 pubmed
- Gruchlik A, Jurzak M, Chodurek E, Dzierzewicz Z. Effect of Gly-Gly-His, Gly-His-Lys and their copper complexes on TNF-alpha-dependent IL-6 secretion in normal human dermal fibroblasts. Acta Pol Pharm. 2012;69:1303-6 pubmed..Our observations provide some new information about the role of these tripeptides in skin inflammation. ..
- Kapral M, Weglarz L, Parfiniewicz B, Lodowska J, Jaworska Kik M. Quantitative evaluation of transcriptional activation of NF-?B p65 and p50 subunits and I?B? encoding genes in colon cancer cells by Desulfovibrio desulfuricans endotoxin. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2010;55:657-61 pubmed publisher..The expression of p65 gene positively correlated with I?B? gene expression. D. desulfuricans LPS is capable of modulating transcriptional activity of p65 and I?B? genes in intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Miklasińska M, Kepa M, Wojtyczka R, Idzik D, Dziedzic A, Wasik T. Catechin Hydrate Augments the Antibacterial Action of Selected Antibiotics against Staphylococcus aureus Clinical Strains. Molecules. 2016;21:244 pubmed publisher..The obtained results demonstrate that CH shows antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus clinical strains. What is more, we proved a synergistic effect of CH with erythromycin and clindamycin. ..
- Koprowski R, Korzyńska A, Wróbel Z, Zieleznik W, Witkowska A, Małyszek J, et al. Influence of the measurement method of features in ultrasound images of the thyroid in the diagnosis of Hashimoto's disease. Biomed Eng Online. 2012;11:91 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it was shown that the value of ACC for the method using decision trees as a classifier is equal to 84% for the analyzed data. Thresholding of average brightness of the ROI gave ACC equal to 76%. ..
- Chodurek E, Orchel A, Orchel J, Kurkiewicz S, Gawlik N, Dzierzewicz Z, et al. Evaluation of melanogenesis in A-375 melanoma cells treated with 5,7-dimethoxycoumarin and valproic acid. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2012;17:616-32 pubmed..Thermal degradation of melanin isolated from melanoma cells after exposure to VPA or a mixture of VPA and DMC revealed the additional presence of products derived from pheomelanin. ..
- Fischer A, Wiechuła D, Przybyła Misztela C. Changes of concentrations of elements in deciduous teeth with age. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013;154:427-32 pubmed publisher..The total concentration of all metals studied against the Ca content, expressed as the value of the constant cationic equilibrium, did not change in a statistically significant manner, depending on the age of the children (p > 0.05). ..
- Kapral M, Wawszczyk J, Jurzak M, Hollek A, Węglarz L. The effect of inositol hexaphosphate on the expression of selected metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in IL-1?-stimulated colon cancer cells. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012;27:1419-28 pubmed publisher..IP6 exerts its anti-metastatic activity through modulation of MMP and TIMP genes expression to prevent cancer cell migration and invasion. ..
- Bafeltowska J, Buszman E, Mandat K, Hawranek J. Determination of cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime in cerebrospinal fluid by solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2002;976:249-54 pubmed..8% for desacetylcefotaxime. The developed SPE-HPLC method was applied for cefotaxime and desacetylcefotaxime determination in cerebrospinal fluid of children with hydrocephalus after intraventricular administration. ..
- Kozma E, Wisowski G, Olczyk K. Platelet derived growth factor BB is a ligand for dermatan sulfate chain(s) of small matrix proteoglycans from normal and fibrosis affected fascia. Biochimie. 2009;91:1394-404 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DS chains of fascia matrix small PGs may regulate PDGF-BB availability leading to restriction of fibrosis associated with Dupuytren's disease or to control of normal fascia repair. ..
- Wardas P, Tymowski M, Piotrowska Seweryn A, Kaspera W, Åšlaska Kaspera A, Markowski J. Endoscopic approach to the resection of adenoid cystic carcinoma of paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity: case report and own experience. Eur J Med Res. 2015;20:97 pubmed publisher..In conclusions, the authors favor endonasal approach as a mini-invasive method of surgical treatment of ACC of paranasal sinuses that results in satisfactory oncological outcome and high quality of patient's life. ..
- Mol W, Matyja M, Filip B, Wietrzyk J, Boryczka S. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity in vitro of novel (2-butynyl)thioquinolines. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:8136-41 pubmed publisher..All the compounds obtained exhibited antiproliferative activity. The most active compounds 7, 16, 17, and 19 have the ID(50) values ranging from 0.2 to 4.6 microg/ml comparable to that of cisplatin used as reference compounds. ..
- Michalska Malecka K, Slowinska L, Dorecka M, Romaniuk W. Correlations in some pathogenetic factors and values of hemorheological parameters in age-related macular degeneration. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2008;38:209-16 pubmed..The aggregation index was 7.6% higher in the AMD group then in the control group. Summing up in people suffering from AMD rheological disturbances is observed increased blood and plasma viscosity. ..
- Parfiniewicz B, Pendzich J, Gruchlik A, Hollek A, Węglarz L. Impact of celecoxib on soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and soluble e-cadherin concentrations in human colon cancer cell line cultures exposed to phytic acid and TNF-alpha. Acta Pol Pharm. 2012;69:1283-90 pubmed..0 mM) and TNF-alpha (100 ng/mL). A decrease of cells adhesion property to collagen I was observed under the influence of 50 ng/mL celecoxib on cell cultures exposed to 1.0 or 2.0 mM IP6 and 1.0 or 2.0 mM IP6 plus 100 ng/mL TNF-alpha...
- Maciejewska Paszek I, Grochowska Niedworok E, Siwiec A, Gruenpeter A, Dul L, Irzyniec T. Influence of etanercept on leptin and ghrelin secretion in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. J Int Med Res. 2017;45:525-532 pubmed publisher..Conclusion No differences in leptin and ghrelin concentrations were found when patients with JIA and controls were compared or when patients who received etanercept were compared with those who received conventional treatment for JIA. ..
- Jurzak M, Adamczyk K. Influence of genistein on c-Jun, c-Fos and Fos-B of AP-1 subunits expression in skin keratinocytes, fibroblasts and keloid fibroblasts cultured in vitro. Acta Pol Pharm. 2013;70:205-13 pubmed..The expression of C-JUN and C-FOS was higher in keloid fibroblasts treated with 370 microM genistein and lower in keloid fibroblasts treated with 37 microM genistein. ..
- Moric Janiszewska E, Herbert E, Cholewa K, Filipecki A, Trusz Gluza M, Wilczok T. Mutational screening of SCN5A linked disorders in Polish patients and their family members. J Appl Genet. 2004;45:383-90 pubmed..Direct sequencing of the SCN5A gene confirmed the absence of mutations. This suggests that the analysed region of the SCN5A gene is not commonly involved in the pathogenesis of the Brugada Syndrome and associated disorders. ..
- Asman M, Nowak M, Cuber P, Strzelczyk J, Szilman E, Szilman P, et al. The risk of exposure to Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato, Babesia sp. and co-infections in Ixodes ricinus ticks on the territory of Niepo?omice forest (southern Poland). Ann Parasitol. 2013;59:13-9 pubmed..3%). In Poland the problem of tick-borne diseases is a growing issue, therefore people residing in southern Polish touristic areas should be informed about the prevention and protection against ticks...
- Komosinska Vassev K, Olczyk P, Winsz Szczotka K, Kuznik Trocha K, Klimek K, Olczyk K. Age- and gender-dependent changes in connective tissue remodeling: physiological differences in circulating MMP-3, MMP-10, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 level. Gerontology. 2011;57:44-52 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these findings highlight the necessity of utilizing age- and sex-matched values for analysis of MMPs and TIMPs in the pathological conditions. ..
- Koprowski R, Teper S, Wróbel Z, Wylegala E. Automatic analysis of selected choroidal diseases in OCT images of the eye fundus. Biomed Eng Online. 2013;12:117 pubmed publisher..g. in a large population of patients having diabetes or macular degeneration. Their correct diagnosis and quantitative assessment of the treatment progress are a critical part of the eye fundus diagnosis...
- Cieslik Bielecka A, Glik J, Skowroński R, Bielecki T. Benefit of Leukocyte- and Platelet-Rich Plasma in Operative Wound Closure in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:7649206 pubmed publisher..L-PRP possesses inductive properties that could stimulate healing processes and it seems to be one of the most promising methods in the future for the treatment of soft tissue defects. ..
- Sarecka Hujar B, Kopyta I, Skrzypek M, Sordyl J. Association Between the 20210G>A Prothrombin Gene Polymorphism and Arterial Ischemic Stroke in Children and Young Adults-Two Meta-analyses of 3586 Cases and 6440 Control Subjects in Total. Pediatr Neurol. 2017;69:93-101 pubmed publisher..69; 95% confidence interval, 1.25 to 2.28, respectively). The results of the present meta-analysis have proven that the FII 20210G>A polymorphism is associated with arterial ischemic stroke in both pediatric and young adult patients. ..
- Pluta K, Jeleń M, Morak Młodawska B, Zimecki M, Artym J, Kocieba M, et al. Azaphenothiazines - promising phenothiazine derivatives. An insight into nomenclature, synthesis, structure elucidation and biological properties. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:774-806 pubmed publisher..The influence of the azaphenothiazine ring system, the nature of the substituents, predominantly at the thiazine nitrogen atom, as well as at the azine nitrogen atom and carbon atom, on the biological activities, were also discussed. ..
- Goniewicz M, Kuma T, Gawron M, Knysak J, Kośmider L. Nicotine levels in electronic cigarettes. Nicotine Tob Res. 2013;15:158-66 pubmed publisher..In ECs, which vaporize nicotine effectively, the amount inhaled from 15 puffs is lower compared with smoking a conventional cigarette. ..
- Dzierzewicz Z, Szczerba J, Lodowska J, Wolny D, Gruchlik A, Orchel A, et al. The role of Desulfovibrio desulfuricans lipopolysaccharides in modulation of periodontal inflammation through stimulation of human gingival fibroblasts. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:515-22 pubmed..The aim of study was to evaluate the influence of endotoxins of Desulfovibrio desulfuricans bacteria on human gingival fibroblast HGF-1 line...
- Strzalka Mrozik B, Stanik Walentek A, Kapral M, Kowalczyk M, Adamska J, Gola J, et al. Differential expression of transforming growth factor-beta isoforms in bullous keratopathy corneas. Mol Vis. 2010;16:161-6 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate transcriptional activities of genes encoding transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta isoforms in bullous keratopathy corneas...
- Wilczyński S, Pilawa B, Koprowski R, Wróbel Z, Ptaszkiewicz M, Swakoń J, et al. EPR studies of free radicals decay and survival in gamma irradiated aminoglycoside antibiotics: sisomicin, tobramycin and paromomycin. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;45:251-62 pubmed publisher..Time constants ? give us information about the speed of free radicals concentration decrease in radiated medicinal substances. The constant K(0) shows the free radicals concentration in irradiated medicament after long time of storage...
- Bednarek I, Czajka M, Wilczok T. Efficiency of lipofection of adherent cells is limited by apoptosis. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2002;40:133-4 pubmed..Apoptosis following DNA uptake occurred only when DNA was present during lipofection. ..
- Plewka A, Madej P, Plewka D, Nowaczyk G, Morek M, Bogunia E, et al. The TRAF2 and TRAF6 expression in myomas and myometrium of women in reproduction and perimenopausal age. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2010;48:407-16 pubmed publisher..TRAF2 level in myometrium was lower than in myomas but higher than in control. In the case of TRAF6 those changes were ambiguous. Age didn't have influence the level of expression in both tested TRAF in studied structures. ..
- Strzalka B, Dorecka M, Stanik Walentek A, Kowalczyk M, Kapral M, Romaniuk W, et al. Quantitative analysis of transforming growth factor beta isoforms mRNA in the human corneal epithelium. Folia Biol (Praha). 2008;54:46-52 pubmed..We found different expression of the TGF-beta1, -2 and -3 isoforms in the human corneal epithelium. Such differential expression of TGF-betas suggests that each of them may play a specific role in corneal tissue. ..
- Wlazło A, Górny R, Złotkowska R, Lawniczek A, Ludzeń Izbińska B, Harkawy A, et al. [Workers' exposure to selected biological agents in libraries of Upper Silesia]. Med Pr. 2008;59:159-70 pubmed..The level of dust mite allergens was elevated. Inhalation exposure to molds and dust mite allergens may result in the occurrence of allergic reactions and SBS symptoms. ..
- Lis D, Pacha J, Idzik D. Methicillin resistance of airborne coagulase-negative staphylococci in homes of persons having contact with a hospital environment. Am J Infect Control. 2009;37:177-82 pubmed publisher..High numbers of airborne multidrug-resistant MR CNS in the homes of persons having contact with a hospital environment indicates that such inhabitants pose a risk of intrafamilial spreading of MR strains via air. ..
- Smolik S, Domal Kwiatkowska D, Nowalany Kozielska E, Wojnicz R, Swiatowska L, Ludmiła W. Transcriptional activity of interferon gamma and two subunits of its receptor as molecular markers of myocarditis. Acta Pol Pharm. 2008;65:685-9 pubmed..The initial values of IFNg and the ratio of IFNgRb/IFNgRa were statistically different in the analyzed group of patients. The prognostic value of IFNg and IFNgRb/IFNgRa was determined by logistic regression analysis. ..
- Labuzek K, Prusek K, Gonciarz M, Okopien B. [Pharmacologists in the camps in the Third Reich--part second]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2013;35:242-5 pubmed
- Aleksander Konert E, Paduszyński P, Zajdel A, Dzierzewicz Z, Wilczok A. In vitro chondrogenesis of Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stem cells in hyaluronic acid-based hydrogels. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2016;21:11 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that WJ-MSCs have some degree of chondrogenic potential in HyStem and HyStem-C hydrogels, showing promise for the engineering of damaged articular cartilage. ..
- Moric E, Mazurek U, Połońska J, Domal Kwiatkowska D, Smolik S, Kozakiewicz K, et al. Three novel mutations in exon 21 encoding beta-cardiac myosin heavy chain. J Appl Genet. 2003;44:103-9 pubmed..These mutations are located close to mutations identified and described in the literature, so they are likely to cause similar symptoms. ..
- Weglarz L, Dzierzewicz Z, Orchel A, Szczerba J, Jaworska Kik M, Wilczok T. Biological activity of Desulfovibrio desulfuricans lipopolysaccharides evaluated via interleukin-8 secretion by Caco-2 cells. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:73-9 pubmed..Bacterial products (lipopolysaccharides, LPSs) are generally known for their ability to trigger inflammatory response by stimulating cytokine expression, such as interleukin-8 (IL-8)...
- Kimsa M, Strzałka Mrozik B, Kimsa M, Kruszniewska Rajs C, Gola J, Adamska J, et al. Porcine endogenous retrovirus infection changes the expression of inflammation-related genes in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated human dermal fibroblasts. Ann Transplant. 2013;18:576-86 pubmed publisher..PERV infection of NHDF cells may alter the expression of inflammation-related genes. Further investigations concerning PERV infection of human cells in different conditions seem to be necessary. ..
- Beberok A, Otręba M, Wrześniok D, Buszman E. Cytotoxic effect of lomefloxacin in culture of human epidermal melanocytes. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:689-99 pubmed..The aim of this study was to characterize the interaction between lomefloxacin and melanin, and to examine how this interaction affects the cell viability and melanization in melanocytes...
- Marek K, Lebecki K. Occurrence and prevention of coal miners' pneumoconiosis in Poland. Am J Ind Med. 1999;36:610-7 pubmed..Recently, a new system of medical and technical prevention has been introduced in seven collieries. The current epidemiological situation of coal miners pneumoconiosis in Poland is unfavorable and needs vast improvement. ..
- Strzalka Mrozik B, Prudlo L, Kimsa M, Kimsa M, Kapral M, Nita M, et al. Quantitative analysis of SOD2, ALDH1A1 and MGST1 messenger ribonucleic acid in anterior lens epithelium of patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1341-9 pubmed..A possible role of ALDH1A1 mRNA level as a risk factor or marker for PEX needs further confirmation. ..
- Plewka A, Plewka D, Madej P, Nowaczyk G, Sieron Stoltny K, Jakubiec Bartnik B. Processes of apoptosis and cell proliferation in uterine myomas originating from reproductive and perimenopausal women. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2011;49:398-404 pubmed..Proliferation in reproductive age women myomas is higher than in the peri-menopausal age. ..
- Wawszczyk J, Kapral M, Hollek A, Węglarz L. The effect of phytic acid on the expression of NF-kappaB, IL-6 and IL-8 in IL-1beta-stimulated human colonic epithelial cells. Acta Pol Pharm. 2012;69:1313-9 pubmed
- Wolny D, Lodowska J, Jaworska Kik M, Kurkiewicz S, Węglarz L, Dzierzewicz Z. Chemical composition of Desulfovibrio desulfuricans lipid A. Arch Microbiol. 2011;193:15-21 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that both fatty acid and 3-acyloxyacyl residue profiles of the lipid A from the studied bacteria were similar to those of E. coli and S.enterica...
- Koprowski R, Zieleznik W, Wróbel Z, Małyszek J, Stepień B, Wójcik W. Assessment of significance of features acquired from thyroid ultrasonograms in Hashimoto's disease. Biomed Eng Online. 2012;11:48 pubmed..The applied methods of analysis and image processing were profiled to obtain 10 features of the image. Then, their significance in the classification was shown...
- Strzelczyk J, Gołabek K, Cuber P, Krakowczyk Ł, Owczarek A, Fronczek M, et al. Comparison of Selected Protein Levels in Tumour and Surgical Margin in a Group of Patients with Oral Cavity Cancer. Biochem Genet. 2017;55:322-334 pubmed publisher..Levels of the studied proteins might be good prognostic factors; however, further studies are required. ..
- Węglarz L, Dzierzewicz Z, Skop B, Orchel A, Parfiniewicz B, Wiśniowska B, et al. Desulfovibrio desulfuricans lipopolysaccharides induce endothelial cell IL-6 and IL-8 secretion and E-selectin and VCAM-1 expression. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2003;8:991-1003 pubmed..These results suggest that D. desulfuricans LPS may activate immune functions in endothelial cells and influence the inflammatory response during bacteremia caused by these bacteria...
- Petelenz M, Gonciarz M, Macfarlane P, Rudner R, Kawecki P, Musialik J, et al. Sympathovagal balance fluctuates during colonoscopy. Endoscopy. 2004;36:508-14 pubmed..The aim of this study was to compare the continuous fluctuation of heart rate variability (HRV) components during colonoscopy under normal conditions, analgesia/sedation, and total intravenous anesthesia...
- Maliszewski M, Majchrzak H. [Spontaneous spinal cord herniation: a rare cause of the Brown-Sequard syndrome]. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2004;38:215-9 pubmed
- Paul Samojedny M, Owczarek A, Kowalczyk M, Suchanek R, Palacz M, Kucia K, et al. Association of interleukin 2 (IL-2), interleukin 6 (IL-6), and TNF-alpha (TNF?) gene polymorphisms with paranoid schizophrenia in a Polish population. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013;25:72-82 pubmed publisher..As far as is known, this analysis was used for the first time with reference to genetic data. ..
- Plewka A, Madej P, Plewka D, Kowalczyk A, Miskiewicz A, Wittek P, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of selected pro-inflammatory factors in uterine myomas and myometrium in women of various ages. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2013;51:73-83 pubmed publisher..The results of our study indicate that the examined factors may be involved in the pathogenesis of benign tumors and not only malignant diseases. ..
- Komosinska Vassev K, Olczyk K, Kozma E, Olczyk P, Wisowski G, Winsz Szczotka K. Alterations of glycosaminoglycan metabolism in the development of diabetic complications in relation to metabolic control. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2005;43:924-9 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that increased values of the investigated parameters may indicate the degree of endothelial cell dysfunction and may be useful to predict the development of diabetic vascular pathology. ..
- Górny R. Filamentous microorganisms and their fragments in indoor air--a review. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2004;11:185-97 pubmed..The novel ideas concerning the dynamic description of the release process of microbial propagules from their sources are also presented. ..
- Brodziak Dopierała B, Kwapulinski J, Sobczyk K, Kowol J. The occurrence of nickel and other elements in tissues of the hip joint. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2011;74:630-5 pubmed publisher..52, Ca 49485.44. The study demonstrated that the content of nickel and the other elements was diversified, depending on the element of the hip joint, gender and the type of affection the endoprosthesis-plasty was performed for...
- Bieniek G, Kurkiewicz S, Wilczok T. Occupational exposure to aromatic hydrocarbons at a coke plant: Part I. Identification of hydrocarbons in air and their metabolites in urine by a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method. J Occup Health. 2004;46:175-80 pubmed..Trimethylsilyl derivatives of aromatic hydroxyacids and hydroxymethoxyacids were found in the urine of occupationally exposed workers by means of a silylation procedure. ..
- Strzalka Mrozik B, Nowak A, Gola J, Kowalczyk M, Kapral M, Mazurek U. Factors associated with changes in endothelin-1 gene expression in patients with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1272-9 pubmed..Long-standing clinical course of DR; medication with insulin, sulfonylurea, or ACE inhibitors; and serum creatinine levels are factors possibly associated with changes in ET-1 expression in PBMCs. ..
- Kapral M, Parfiniewicz B, Strzałka Mrozik B, Zachacz A, Węglarz L. Evaluation of the expression of transcriptional factor NF-kappaB induced by phytic acid in colon cancer cells. Acta Pol Pharm. 2008;65:697-702 pubmed..Changes in transcriptional activities of IkappaBalpha and p65 depend on IP6 concentration and time of its action...
- Kapral M, Wawszczyk J, Jurzak M, Dymitruk D, Węglarz L. Evaluation of the expression of metalloproteinases 2 and 9 and their tissue inhibitors in colon cancer cells treated with phytic acid. Acta Pol Pharm. 2010;67:625-9 pubmed..The results of this study show that IP6 modulates MMP-2, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 genes expression in colon cancer cells at the transcriptional level in a way dependent on its concentration and time of interaction. ..
- Gorczyca D, PostÄ™pski J, Czajkowska A, PaÅ›ciak M, Prescha A, OlesiÅ„ska E, et al. The profile of polyunsaturated fatty acids in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and association with disease activity. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:1269-1279 pubmed publisher..PUFAs may contribute to the pathogenesis of JIA and support a necessity to identify new targets suitable for successful interventional studies in JIA patients. ..
- Borkowska P, Kucia K, Rzezniczek S, Paul Samojedny M, Kowalczyk M, Owczarek A, et al. Interleukin-1beta promoter (-31T/C and -511C/T) polymorphisms in major recurrent depression. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;44:12-6 pubmed publisher..No association was found between genotypes for studied polymorphic sites and number of episodes, number of points in Hamilton Depression Rating Scale, and age of onset. ..
- Mazurek U, Kimsa M, Strzalka Mrozik B, Kimsa M, Adamska J, Lipiński D, et al. Quantitative analysis of porcine endogenous retroviruses in different organs of transgenic pigs generated for xenotransplantation. Curr Microbiol. 2013;67:505-14 pubmed publisher..Our data support the idea that careful pig selection for organ donation with low PERV copy number may limit the risk of retrovirus transmission to the human recipients. ..
- Zajdel A, Kałucka M, Kokoszka Mikołaj E, Wilczok A. Osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue and Wharton's jelly of the umbilical cord. Acta Biochim Pol. 2017;64:365-369 pubmed publisher..The observed differences in the levels of osteogenic markers suggest that after 21-days of osteogenic differentiation, the AT-MSCs might have reached a more advanced stage of differentiation than WJ-MSCs. ..
- Paul Samojedny M, Kowalczyk M, Suchanek R, Owczarek A, Fila Danilow A, Szczygiel A, et al. Functional polymorphism in the interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 genes in patients with paranoid schizophrenia--a case-control study. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;42:112-9 pubmed publisher..The coexistence of genotype GG at position -1082 of IL-10 promoter sequence and genotype GC at position -174 of IL-6 promoter sequence correlates with increasing risk of paranoid schizophrenia in the Polish population. ..