Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Topic: signal transduction
- Kazmierczak B, Lipniacki T. Regulation of kinase activity by diffusion and feedback. J Theor Biol. 2009;259:291-6 pubmed publisher..Our simple model shows that change in the motility of substrates may dramatically influence the cell responses. ..
- Jóźwiak J, Bikowska B, Grajkowska W, Sontowska I, Roszkowski M, Galus R. Activation of Akt/mTOR pathway in a patient with atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor. Folia Neuropathol. 2010;48:185-9 pubmed..These results strongly support the hypothesis that Akt pathway contributes to chromatin remodeling disruption, promoting malignant transformation of AT/RT. ..
- Kleveta G, Borzęcka K, Zdioruk M, Czerkies M, Kuberczyk H, Sybirna N, et al. LPS induces phosphorylation of actin-regulatory proteins leading to actin reassembly and macrophage motility. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:80-92 pubmed publisher..Disturbances of actin organization induced by cytochalasin D did not inhibit TNF-? production suggesting that LPS-induced cell motility is not required for TNF-? release. ..
- Dymecka A, Marczak M, Ramadan A, Suchocki P, Pokorski M. Ascorbate in the carotid body. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2003;536:59-64 pubmed
- Adamczyk A, Jesko H, Strosznajder R. Alzheimer's disease related peptides affected cholinergic receptor mediated poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity in the hippocampus. Folia Neuropathol. 2005;43:139-42 pubmed..These data indicated that Abeta and NAC peptide affected mChR-dependent signal transduction to PARP-1 probably through free radicals evoked inhibition of IP3 formation by phospholipase C. ..
- Kulik A, Anielska Mazur A, Bucholc M, Koen E, Szymanska K, Zmienko A, et al. SNF1-related protein kinases type 2 are involved in plant responses to cadmium stress. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:868-83 pubmed publisher..Concluding, the obtained results indicate that SnRK2s play a role in the regulation of plant tolerance to cadmium, most probably by controlling ROS accumulation triggered by cadmium ions. ..
- Jaworski J. ARF6 in the nervous system. Eur J Cell Biol. 2007;86:513-24 pubmed..Potential effects of ARF6 on synaptic events resulting from its ability to control exo- and endocytosis will be also discussed. ..
- Miaczynska M, Stenmark H. Mechanisms and functions of endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:7-11 pubmed publisher..The meeting revealed how endocytosis controls multiple aspects of biology, ranging from development to immunity and neurotransmission. ..
- Mosieniak G, Pyrzynska B, Kaminska B. Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) as a new component of the signal transduction pathway in glioma cells. J Neurochem. 1998;71:134-41 pubmed..These data point to a new mechanism of transcription regulation in glioma cells and provide an explanation for the observed sensitivity of glioma cells to CsA. ..
- Nitzsche F, MÃ¼ller C, Lukomska B, Jolkkonen J, Deten A, Boltze J. Concise Review: MSC Adhesion Cascade-Insights into Homing and Transendothelial Migration. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1446-1460 pubmed publisher..Stem Cells 2017;35:1446-1460. ..
- Mendel M, Chłopecka M, Dziekan N, Karlik W, Wiechetek M. Participation of cholinergic pathways in ?-hederin-induced contraction of rat isolated stomach strips. Phytomedicine. 2012;19:591-5 pubmed publisher..Concluding, it can be assumed that the cholinergic pathways do not participate in ?-hederin-evoked contraction of rat isolated stomach preparations. ..
- Michaluk P, Mikasova L, Groc L, Frischknecht R, Choquet D, Kaczmarek L. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 controls NMDA receptor surface diffusion through integrin beta1 signaling. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6007-12 pubmed publisher..These findings describe a new target pathway for MMP-9 action in key physiological and pathological brain processes. ..
- Bronisz A, Gajkowska B, Domanska Janik K. PKC and Raf-1 inhibition-related apoptotic signalling in N2a cells. J Neurochem. 2002;81:1176-84 pubmed..In this case, only simultaneous inhibition of PKC and PI3-K is able to induce apoptosis. ..
- Lebiedzinska M, Karkucinska Wieckowska A, Wojtala A, Suski J, Szabadkai G, Wilczynski G, et al. Disrupted ATP synthase activity and mitochondrial hyperpolarisation-dependent oxidative stress is associated with p66Shc phosphorylation in fibroblasts of NARP patients. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:141-50 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Directed Issue entitled: Bioenergetic dysfunction, adaptation and therapy. ..
- Swiezewska E, Danikiewicz W. Polyisoprenoids: structure, biosynthesis and function. Prog Lipid Res. 2005;44:235-58 pubmed..Structural aspects including modeling of the polyisoprenoid conformation will be presented and finally the postulated biological role of polyisoprenoid alcohols will be discussed including polyisoprenylation of proteins...
- Szumiel I. Monitoring and signaling of radiation-induced damage in mammalian cells. Radiat Res. 1998;150:S92-101 pubmed..This is shown in examples of the effect of inhibition of signaling on the adaptive response of human lymphocytes and on survival of tumor cells. ..
- Bobak Y, Kurlishchuk Y, Vynnytska Myronovska B, Grydzuk O, Shuvayeva G, Redowicz M, et al. Arginine deprivation induces endoplasmic reticulum stress in human solid cancer cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:29-38 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that canavanine treatment applied under the lack of arginine may enhance the efficacy of arginine deprivation-based anticancer therapy. ..
- Malik A, Urbanska M, Macias M, Skalecka A, Jaworski J. Beyond control of protein translation: what we have learned about the non-canonical regulation and function of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:1434-48 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Inhibitors of Protein Kinases (2012). ..
- Dudkowska M, Bajer S, Jaworski T, Zielińska J, Manteuffel Cymborowska M, Grzelakowska Sztabert B. Antifolate/folate-activated HGF/c-Met signalling pathways in mouse kidneys-the putative role of their downstream effectors in cross-talk with androgen receptor. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;483:111-9 pubmed publisher
- Pajak B, Gajkowska B, Orzechowski A. Position of STAT-1 alpha in cycloheximide-dependent apoptosis triggered by TNF-alpha in human colorectal COLO 205 cancer cell line; role of polyphenolic compounds. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;56 Suppl 3:119-41 pubmed..Summing up, except apigenin, the above-mentioned polyphenolic compounds were unable to modulate survival signal in COLO 205 cells initially believed to be suppressed by STAT-1 alpha. ..
- Juszczuk I, Szal B, Rychter A. Oxidation-reduction and reactive oxygen species homeostasis in mutant plants with respiratory chain complex I dysfunction. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:296-307 pubmed publisher..The new cellular homeostasis in mutants with dysfunction of complex I allows growth and development, reflecting the plasticity of plant metabolism. ..
- Waniewski J. Peritoneal fluid transport: mechanisms, pathways, methods of assessment. Arch Med Res. 2013;44:576-83 pubmed publisher..Different theories and respective mathematical models of mechanisms and pathways of fluid transport are presently discussed and applied, and some fluid transport issues are still debated. ..
- Cena A, Orlowski J, Machula K, Fronk J, Kurlandzka A. Substitution F659G in the Irr1p/Scc3p cohesin influences the cell wall of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Struct Funct. 2007;32:1-7 pubmed
- Rashid S, Pilecka I, Torun A, Olchowik M, Bielinska B, Miaczynska M. Endosomal adaptor proteins APPL1 and APPL2 are novel activators of beta-catenin/TCF-mediated transcription. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18115-28 pubmed publisher..We propose that APPL proteins exert their stimulatory effects on beta-catenin/TCF-dependent transcription by decreasing the activity of a Reptin-containing repressive complex. ..
- Borzęcka Solarz K, Dembińska J, Hromada Judycka A, Traczyk G, Ciesielska A, Ziemlinska E, et al. Association of Lyn kinase with membrane rafts determines its negative influence on LPS-induced signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1147-1159 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that palmitoylation, SH2- and SH3-mediated intermolecular interactions, and the catalytic activity of Lyn are required for its accumulation in rafts, thereby determining the negative regulation of TLR4 signaling. ..
- Malik A, Urbanska M, Gozdz A, Swiech L, Nagalski A, Perycz M, et al. Cyr61, a matricellular protein, is needed for dendritic arborization of hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8544-59 pubmed publisher..As a result, we identified Cyr61, an angiogenic factor with unknown neuronal function, as a novel regulator of dendritic growth, which controls dendritic growth in a ?1-integrin-dependent manner. ..
- Wisniewska M, Nagalski A, Dabrowski M, Misztal K, Kuznicki J. Novel ?-catenin target genes identified in thalamic neurons encode modulators of neuronal excitability. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:635 pubmed publisher..This implies that the transcriptional activity of ?-catenin is necessary for the proper excitability of thalamic neurons, may influence activity in the thalamocortical circuit, and may contribute to thalamic pathologies. ..
- Radwanska K, Wrobel E, Korkosz A, Rogowski A, Kostowski W, Bienkowski P, et al. Alcohol relapse induced by discrete cues activates components of AP-1 transcription factor and ERK pathway in the rat basolateral and central amygdala. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:1835-46 pubmed..Our observations suggest that the basolateral and central amygdala may be specifically involved in alcohol-seeking behavior induced by discrete cues. ..
- Lamparska Przybysz M, Gajkowska B, Motyl T. Cathepsins and BID are involved in the molecular switch between apoptosis and autophagy in breast cancer MCF-7 cells exposed to camptothecin. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;56 Suppl 3:159-79 pubmed..BID knock down resulted in strong suppression of CPT-induced apoptosis and a shift of cell death towards autophagy, manifesting with an increase of Beclin 1 and MAP I LC3 cellular content. ..
- Ellert Miklaszewska A, Dabrowski M, Lipko M, Sliwa M, Maleszewska M, Kaminska B. Molecular definition of the pro-tumorigenic phenotype of glioma-activated microglia. Glia. 2013;61:1178-90 pubmed publisher..Many classical inflammation-related genes and signaling pathways failed to be induced. Our study indicates for the first time molecular pathways that direct microglia toward the pro-invasive, immunosuppressive phenotype. ..
- Adamczyk M, Szatkowska R. Low RNA Polymerase III activity results in up regulation of HXT2 glucose transporter independently of glucose signaling and despite changing environment. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185516 pubmed publisher..Further, Rgt1/Ssn6-Tup1 complex, which has a dual function in gene transcription as a repressor-activator complex, contributes to HXT2 transcriptional activation. ..
- Wi niewska A, Grabowska A, Pietraszewska Bogiel A, Tagashira N, Zuzga S, W ycicki R, et al. Identification of genes up-regulated during somatic embryogenesis of cucumber. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2012;50:54-64 pubmed publisher..The in situ localization of transcripts of the CsSEF2 and CsSEM1 genes demonstrated that signalling in somatic embryo tissues involving these factors is concentrated in the cotyledon primordia and roots...
- Czapski G, Gassowska M, Wilkaniec A, Cieslik M, Adamczyk A. Extracellular alpha-synuclein induces calpain-dependent overactivation of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3135-41 pubmed publisher..Cdk5 and calpain inhibitors prevented ASN-evoked cell death. Our findings, indicating the participation of Cdk5 in ASN toxicity, provide new insight into how extracellular ASN may trigger dopaminergic cell dysfunction in PD. ..
- Bykowski T, van der Ploeg J, Iwanicka Nowicka R, Hryniewicz M. The switch from inorganic to organic sulphur assimilation in Escherichia coli: adenosine 5'-phosphosulphate (APS) as a signalling molecule for sulphate excess. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1347-58 pubmed..Our data comprise the first evidence that APS may act as the negative cofactor of the transcriptional regulator Cbl, and that APS, and not sulphate itself, serves as the signalling molecule for sulphate excess. ..
- Prorok P, Alili D, Saint Pierre C, Gasparutto D, Zharkov D, Ishchenko A, et al. Uracil in duplex DNA is a substrate for the nucleotide incision repair pathway in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3695-703 pubmed publisher..We propose that nucleotide incision repair may act as a backup pathway to base excision repair to remove uracils arising from cytosine deamination. ..
- Rempola B, Kaniak A, Migdalski A, Rytka J, Slonimski P, di Rago J. Functional analysis of RRD1 (YIL153w) and RRD2 (YPL152w), which encode two putative activators of the phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activity of PP2A in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;262:1081-92 pubmed..The synthetic lethality was also suppressed by the "viable" allele (SSD1-v1) of the SSD1 gene. ..
- Geiger J, Lipka J, Segura I, Hoyer S, Schlager M, Wulf P, et al. The GRIP1/14-3-3 pathway coordinates cargo trafficking and dendrite development. Dev Cell. 2014;28:381-93 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show a regulatory role for GRIP1 during microtubule-based transport and suggest a crucial function for 14-3-3 proteins in controlling kinesin-1 motor attachment during neuronal development. ..
- Ciechomska I, Pyrzynska B, Kazmierczak P, Kaminska B. Inhibition of Akt kinase signalling and activation of Forkhead are indispensable for upregulation of FasL expression in apoptosis of glioma cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:7617-27 pubmed..These results indicate that downregulation of Akt signalling and activation of Forkhead is a prerequisite for the induction of FasL promoter. It may be clinically important for pharmacological intervention in gliomas. ..
- Wituszynska W, Slesak I, Vanderauwera S, Szechynska Hebda M, Kornas A, Van Der Kelen K, et al. Lesion simulating disease1, enhanced disease susceptibility1, and phytoalexin deficient4 conditionally regulate cellular signaling homeostasis, photosynthesis, water use efficiency, and seed yield in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1795-805 pubmed publisher
- Ostrowski J, Bomsztyk K. Nuclear shift of hnRNP K protein in neoplasms and other states of enhanced cell proliferation. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:1493-501 pubmed..Nuclear shift of K protein in dividing cells may reflect involvement of K protein in signalling multiple events that regulate expression of genes in proliferating cells. ..
- Kurowska M, Rudnicka W, Kontny E, Janicka I, Chorazy M, Kowalczewski J, et al. Fibroblast-like synoviocytes from rheumatoid arthritis patients express functional IL-15 receptor complex: endogenous IL-15 in autocrine fashion enhances cell proliferation and expression of Bcl-x(L) and Bcl-2. J Immunol. 2002;169:1760-7 pubmed..Thus, we have demonstrated that a distinctive phenotype of RA FLS, i.e., persistent activation, proliferation, and resistance to apoptosis, is related to the autocrine activation of IL-15Rs by FLS-derived IL-15. ..
- Sadowski L, Pilecka I, Miaczynska M. Signaling from endosomes: location makes a difference. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1601-9 pubmed publisher..Based on recent discoveries, we emphasize the close interdependence between signaling and endocytosis, and the physiological relevance of endocytic transport in health and disease. ..
- Abdel Shakor A, Kwiatkowska K, Sobota A. Cell surface ceramide generation precedes and controls FcgammaRII clustering and phosphorylation in rafts. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36778-87 pubmed..These data provide evidence that the generation of cell surface ceramide is a prerequisite for fusion of cross-linked FcgammaRII and rafts, which triggers the receptor tyrosine phosphorylation and signaling. ..
- Pajak B, Gajkowska B, Orzechowski A. Cycloheximide-mediated sensitization to TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis in human colorectal cancer cell line COLO 205; role of FLIP and metabolic inhibitors. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;56 Suppl 3:101-18 pubmed..Further studies revealed that CHX treatment reduces the level of FLIP but not other members of TNF-alpha-dependent death signalosome. ..
- Hupalowska A, Pyrzynska B, Miaczynska M. APPL1 regulates basal NF-?B activity by stabilizing NIK. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4090-102 pubmed publisher..This places APPL1 as a novel link between the canonical and noncanonical machineries of NF-?B activation. ..
- Hilgier W, Łazarewicz J, Struzynska L, Frontczak Baniewicz M, Albrecht J. Repeated exposure of adult rats to Aroclor 1254 induces neuronal injury and impairs the neurochemical manifestations of the NMDA receptor-mediated intracellular signaling in the hippocampus. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:16-22 pubmed publisher..The results underscore neuronal lesion and inhibition of NMDA receptor-mediated glutamatergic signaling in hippocampus as a potential major contributor to the cognitive deficits associated with exposure to PCB...
- Kwiatkowska A, Kijewska M, Lipko M, Hibner U, Kaminska B. Downregulation of Akt and FAK phosphorylation reduces invasion of glioblastoma cells by impairment of MT1-MMP shuttling to lamellipodia and downregulates MMPs expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:655-67 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: 11th European Symposium on Calcium. ..
- Lasica A, Wyszynska A, Szymanek K, Majewski P, Jagusztyn Krynicka E. Campylobacter protein oxidation influences epithelial cell invasion or intracellular survival as well as intestinal tract colonization in chickens. J Appl Genet. 2010;51:383-93 pubmed publisher..jejuni strain 81-176 with mutated dsbB or dsbI genes showed reduced invasion/intracellular survival abilities. No cells of the double mutants (dsbB? dsbI?) of C. jejuni 81-176 were recovered from human cells after 3 h of invasion. ..
- Zielinska M, Ruszkiewicz J, Hilgier W, Fresko I, Albrecht J. Hyperammonemia increases the expression and activity of the glutamine/arginine transporter y+ LAT2 in rat cerebral cortex: implications for the nitric oxide/cGMP pathway. Neurochem Int. 2011;58:190-5 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that, reduced delivery of Arg due to enhanced y(+)LAT2-mediated exchange of extracellular Gln for intracellular Arg may contribute to the decrease of NO/cGMP pathway activity evoked in the brain by HA. ..
- Struzynska L, Sulkowski G. Relationships between glutamine, glutamate, and GABA in nerve endings under Pb-toxicity conditions. J Inorg Biochem. 2004;98:951-8 pubmed
- Krupa M, Mazur E, Szczepanska K, Filimonow K, Maleszewski M, Suwinska A. Allocation of inner cells to epiblast vs primitive endoderm in the mouse embryo is biased but not determined by the round of asymmetric divisions (8?16- and 16?32-cells). Dev Biol. 2014;385:136-48 pubmed publisher..Taking together, the observed regulatory mechanism adjusting the proportion of outer to inner cells within the embryo may be mediated by FGF signaling. ..
- Szydłowski M, Prochorec Sobieszek M, Szumera Ciećkiewicz A, Derezinska E, Hoser G, Wasilewska D, et al. Expression of PIM kinases in Reed-Sternberg cells fosters immune privilege and tumor cell survival in Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood. 2017;130:1418-1429 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of PIM kinases decreases RS cell viability and disrupts signaling circuits that link these cells with their niches. Thus, PIM kinases are promising therapeutic targets in cHL. ..
- Kiliszek M, Burzynska B, Michalak M, Gora M, Winkler A, Maciejak A, et al. Altered gene expression pattern in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with acute myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50054 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of SOCS3 and FAM20 genes in the first days of myocardial infarction is observed in the vast majority of patients. ..
- Wisniewska M. Physiological role of ?-catenin/TCF signaling in neurons of the adult brain. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:1144-55 pubmed publisher..The data are still very preliminary and often based on circumstantial or indirect evidence. Further research might help to understand the etiology of the aforementioned pathologies. ..
- Pietrzak M, Puzianowska Kuznicka M. Triiodothyronine utilizes phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway to activate anti-apoptotic myeloid cell leukemia-1. J Mol Endocrinol. 2008;41:177-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MCL-1 expression is activated by T(3), which increases its promoter activity by a non-genomic mechanism using the PI3-K signal transduction pathway. We propose that this is another mechanism by which T(3) regulates apoptosis. ..
- Baselga J, Im S, Iwata H, Cortes J, De Laurentiis M, Jiang Z, et al. Buparlisib plus fulvestrant versus placebo plus fulvestrant in postmenopausal, hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (BELLE-2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:904-916 pubmed publisher..No further studies are being pursued because of the toxicity associated with this combination. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. ..
- Jiang Y, Maier W, Baumeister R, Minevich G, Joachimiak E, Ruan Z, et al. The Hippo Pathway Maintains the Equatorial Division Plane in the Ciliate Tetrahymena. Genetics. 2017;206:873-888 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, in Tetrahymena, the Hippo pathway maintains an equatorial position of the fission zone, and, by this activity, specifies the relative dimensions of the anterior and posterior daughter cell. ..
- Spiechowicz M, Zylicz A, Bieganowski P, Kuznicki J, Filipek A. Hsp70 is a new target of Sgt1--an interaction modulated by S100A6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1148-53 pubmed..This suggests that the interaction of Sgt1 with Hsp70 and Hsp90 is regulated by S100A6 in a Ca(2+)-dependent manner. ..
- Kroczynska B, Rafidi R, Majchrzak Kita B, Kościuczuk E, Blyth G, Jemielity J, et al. Interferon Î³ (IFNÎ³) Signaling via Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin Complex 2 (mTORC2) and Regulatory Effects in the Generation of Type II Interferon Biological Responses. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2389-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings establish a central role for mTORC2 in IFNÎ³ signaling and type II IFN responses. ..
- Borzęcka K, Płóciennikowska A, Björkelund H, Sobota A, Kwiatkowska K. CD14 mediates binding of high doses of LPS but is dispensable for TNF-? production. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:824919 pubmed publisher..6-fold. The data indicate that CD14 together with SR participates in the binding of high doses of sLPS. However, CD14 contribution to TNF ? production induced by high concentrations of sLPS and rLPS can be limited. ..
- Gajewska M, Zielniok K, Debski B, Motyl T. IGF-I retards proper development of acinar structures formed by bovine mammary epithelial cells via sustained activation of Akt kinase. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2013;45:111-21 pubmed publisher..The presented results indicate important interactions between signaling pathways activated by estrogen and IGF-I, which regulate alveologenesis in bovine mammary gland. ..
- Zalewska T, Makarewicz D, Janik B, Ziemka Nałecz M. Neonatal cerebral hypoxia-ischemia: involvement of FAK-dependent pathway. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2005;23:657-62 pubmed..These data are indicative of an involvement of FAK-dependent signaling pathway in the evolution of HI-induced neuronal degeneration. ..
- Strzelecka Kiliszek A, Kwiatkowska K, Sobota A. Lyn and Syk kinases are sequentially engaged in phagocytosis mediated by Fc gamma R. J Immunol. 2002;169:6787-94 pubmed..Syk kinase and SHP-1 phosphatase are mainly engaged at the stage of particle internalization. ..
- Chalimoniuk M, Stolecka A, Zieminska E, Stepien A, Langfort J, Strosznajder J. Involvement of multiple protein kinases in cPLA2 phosphorylation, arachidonic acid release, and cell death in in vivo and in vitro models of 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium-induced parkinsonism--the possible key role of PKG. J Neurochem. 2009;110:307-17 pubmed publisher
- Lipniacki T, Puszynski K, Paszek P, Brasier A, Kimmel M. Single TNFalpha trimers mediating NF-kappaB activation: stochastic robustness of NF-kappaB signaling. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:376 pubmed..The model supports the hypothesis that binding of single TNFalpha ligands is sufficient to induce massive NF-kappaB translocation and activation of NF-kappaB dependent genes. ..
- Morciano G, Bonora M, Campo G, Aquila G, Rizzo P, Giorgi C, et al. Mechanistic Role of mPTP in Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;982:169-189 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a brief overview of principal cardioprotective strategies and their pitfalls. ..
- Szymańska E, Korzeniowski M, Raynal P, Sobota A, Kwiatkowska K. Contribution of PIP-5 kinase Ialpha to raft-based FcgammaRIIA signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:981-95 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that activation of FcgammaRIIA leads to membrane rafts coalescing into signaling platforms containing PIP5-kinase Ialpha and PI(4,5)P(2). ..
- Paradowska Gorycka A, Jurkowska M. Structure, expression pattern and biological activity of molecular complex TREM-2/DAP12. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:730-7 pubmed publisher..Here we review the structure, biological functions and signaling pathways of DAP12 and its associated receptor TREM-2. ..
- Zarzynska J, Motyl T. Dissimilar effects of LY 294002 and PD 098059 in IGF-I-mediated inhibition of TGF-beta1 expression and apoptosis in bovine mammary epithelial cells. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;56 Suppl 3:181-93 pubmed
- Mikula M, Dzwonek A, Karczmarski J, Rubel T, Dadlez M, Wyrwicz L, et al. Landscape of the hnRNP K protein-protein interactome. Proteomics. 2006;6:2395-406 pubmed..These observations greatly expanded the view of the landscape of K protein-protein interaction and provide new opportunities to explore signal transduction and gene expression in several subcellular compartments. ..
- Pękalski J, Zuk P, Kochanczyk M, Junkin M, Kellogg R, Tay S, et al. Spontaneous NF-?B activation by autocrine TNF? signaling: a computational analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78887 pubmed publisher..It is thus tempting to speculate that some cancers of deregulated NF-?B signaling may be prone to the pathogen-induced apoptosis. ..
- Min K, Davila S, Zealy R, Lloyd L, Lee I, Lee R, et al. eIF4E phosphorylation by MST1 reduces translation of a subset of mRNAs, but increases lncRNA translation. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:761-772 pubmed publisher..This novel signaling pathway will provide new platforms for regulation of mRNA translation via post-translational protein modification. ..
- Kulik A, Wawer I, Krzywinska E, Bucholc M, Dobrowolska G. SnRK2 protein kinases--key regulators of plant response to abiotic stresses. OMICS. 2011;15:859-72 pubmed publisher..So far, data concerning the physiological role of ABA-independent SnRK2s are very limited; it is to be expected they will be studied extensively in the nearest future. ..