Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Publications590 found, 100 shown here
- Struga M, Rosolowski S, Kossakowski J, Stefanska J. Synthesis and microbiological activity of thiourea derivatives of 4-azatricyclo[22.214.171.124(2,6)]undec-8-ene-3,5-dione. Arch Pharm Res. 2010;33:47-54 pubmed publisher..Research was carried out over 10 standard strains and 20 hospital strains. Synthesized compounds were evaluated for their cytotoxicity and anti-HIV-1 activity in MT-4 cells. ..
- Stepien A, Staszewski J, Domzał T, Tomczykiewicz K, Skrobowska E, Durka Kesy M. Degenerative pontine lesions in patients with familial narcolepsy. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2010;44:21-7 pubmed..There are some examples of non-specific brainstem lesions found in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with idiopathic narcolepsy...
- Szypowska A, Skorka A. The risk factors of ketoacidosis in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus. Pediatr Diabetes. 2011;12:302-6 pubmed publisher..Children under 2 yr of age remain the most prone to DKA, which may be related to delay in diagnosis and more aggressive ?-cell destruction. ..
- Kochanowski J, Grudniak M, Baranowska Bik A, Wolinska Witort E, Kalisz M, Baranowska B, et al. Resistin levels in women with ischemic stroke. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2012;33:603-7 pubmed..Further investigations are required to assess the implication of these findings. Higher resistin concentration might be associated with worse neurological deficits. ..
- Grzybowska E, Zayat V, Konopinski R, Trebinska A, Szwarc M, Sarnowska E, et al. HAX-1 is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein with a possible role in mRNA processing. FEBS J. 2013;280:256-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HAX-1 may be involved in the regulation of expression of bound transcripts, possibly as part of the stress response. ..
- Parzonko A, Czerwińska M, Kiss A, Naruszewicz M. Oleuropein and oleacein may restore biological functions of endothelial progenitor cells impaired by angiotensin II via activation of Nrf2/heme oxygenase-1 pathway. Phytomedicine. 2013;20:1088-94 pubmed publisher..This effect was related to NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) transcription factor activation and the increase of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) expression. ..
- Wolszakiewicz J, Piotrowicz E, Foss Nieradko B, Dobraszkiewicz Wasilewska B, Piotrowicz R. A novel model of exercise walking training in patients after coronary artery bypass grafting. Kardiol Pol. 2015;73:118-26 pubmed publisher..The novel model of exercise walking training had a favourable effect on body mass, glycaemia and hsCRP level reduction, and induced favourable changes of the sympathovagal balance. ..
- Plakwicz P, KapuÅ›ciÅ„ska A, KukuÅ‚a K, Czochrowska E. Pulp revascularization after repositioning of impacted incisor with a dilacerated root and a detached apex. J Endod. 2015;41:974-9 pubmed publisher..The early stage of root development allowed revascularization of the tooth despite dilaceration of the root and detachment of its apex. ..
- Pluta R, Bogucka Kocka A, UÅ‚amek KozioÅ‚ M, Furmaga JabÅ‚oÅ„ska W, Januszewski S, Brzozowska J, et al. Neurogenesis and neuroprotection in postischemic brain neurodegeneration with Alzheimer phenotype: is there a role for curcumin?. Folia Neuropathol. 2015;53:89-99 pubmed
- Kierdaszuk B, Berdynski M, Palczewski P, Golebiowski M, Zekanowski C, Kamińska A. Sporadic inclusion body myositis: clinical, pathological, and genetic analysis of eight Polish patients. Folia Neuropathol. 2015;53:355-66 pubmed..No causative mutations were found in any of the patients. Our study provides the first - to our knowledge - comprehensive clinical, pathological, and genetic workup of a group of Polish patients. ..
- Bausch B, Schiavi F, Ni Y, Welander J, Patocs A, Ngeow J, et al. Clinical Characterization of the Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Susceptibility Genes SDHA, TMEM127, MAX, and SDHAF2 for Gene-Informed Prevention. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1204-1212 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing is recommended in patients at clinically high risk if the classic genes are mutation negative. Gene-specific prevention and/or early detection requires regular, systematic whole-body investigation. ..
- Pawlak M, Kikulska A, Wrzesinski T, Rausch T, Kwias Z, Wilczynski B, et al. Potential protective role of Grainyhead-like genes in the development of clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2414-2423 pubmed publisher..These changes support the potential role for GRHL2 as a suppressor of ccRCC. ..
- Tykocki T, Poniatowski Ł, Czyz M, Koziara M, Wynne Jones G. Intraspinal Pressure Monitoring and Extensive Duroplasty in the Acute Phase of Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury: A Systematic Review. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:145-152 pubmed publisher..A randomized controlled trial is required to determine whether laminectomy with durotomy and monitoring of ISP with SCPP optimization improve neurological recovery after tSCI. ..
- Lacas B, Bourhis J, Overgaard J, Zhang Q, Gregoire V, Nankivell M, et al. Role of radiotherapy fractionation in head and neck cancers (MARCH): an updated meta-analysis. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1221-1237 pubmed publisher..The comparison between hyperfractionated radiotherapy and concomitant chemoradiotherapy remains to be specifically tested. Institut National du Cancer; and Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer. ..
- Tylki Szymanska A, Czartoryska B, Bunge S, van Diggelen O, Kleijer W, Poorthuis B, et al. Clinical, biochemical and molecular findings in a two-generation Morquio A family. Clin Genet. 1998;53:369-74 pubmed..The mother and her affected siblings with the unusually mild phenotype were proven to be homozygous for the novel missense point mutation R259Q. ..
- Wierzba Bobrowicz T, Kosno Kruszewska E, Gwiazda E, Lechowicz W. Major histocompatibility complex class II (MHC II) expression during the development of human fetal cerebral occipital lobe, cerebellum, and hematopoietic organs. Folia Neuropathol. 2000;38:111-8 pubmed..It seems that in adults the complex of MHC II with protein is originated from the foreign antigen. On the contrary, during normal fetal development the complex of MHC II with protein origins most probably from the fetus own structures. ..
- Zdebska E, Gołaszewska E, Fabijańska Mitek J, Schachter H, Shalev H, Tamary H, et al. Glycoconjugate abnormalities in patients with congenital dyserythropoietic anaemia type I, II and III. Br J Haematol. 2001;114:907-13 pubmed..Thus, glycoconjugate abnormalities of varying intensity occur in erythrocyte membranes from all patients with CDA that were investigated. ..
- Musielak M. Are there two functionally distinguished Neu5Gc pools with respect to rouleau formation on the bovine red blood cell?. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2004;30:435-8 pubmed..Only a minor pool of Neu5Gc seems to be responsible for suppression of the phenomenon. ..
- Kaminski R, Kozar K, Niderla J, Grzela T, Wilczynski G, Skierski J, et al. Demethylating agent 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine enhances expression of TNFRI and promotes TNF-mediated apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:509-16 pubmed..Altogether our studies show that the combination treatment with 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine and TNF might be effective in the treatment of melanoma. ..
- Chalimoniuk M, Stepien A, Strosznajder J. Pergolide mesylate, a dopaminergic receptor agonist, applied with L-DOPA enhances serum antioxidant enzyme activity in Parkinson disease. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2004;27:223-9 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that PM + L-DOPA is a more efficient therapy in maintaining an antioxidative defense in PD patients compared with treatment with L-DOPA alone. ..
- Czajkowski K, Sienko J, Mogilinski M, Bros M, Szczecina R, Czajkowska A. Uteroplacental circulation in early pregnancy complicated by threatened abortion supplemented with vaginal micronized progesterone or oral dydrogesterone. Fertil Steril. 2007;87:613-8 pubmed..To compare the influence of vaginal micronized progesterone and oral dydrogesterone supplementation on uteroplacental circulation in early pregnancy that is complicated by threatened abortion...
- Gierczyński R, Golubov A, Neubauer H, Pham J, Rakin A. Development of multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis for Yersinia enterocolitica subsp. palearctica and its application to bioserogroup 4/O3 subtyping. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2508-15 pubmed..palearctica O9 and O5,27, there was only a minor correlation between the MLVA genotypes and serogroups. MLVA may be a helpful tool for epidemiological investigations of Y. enterocolitica subsp. palearctica outbreaks...
- Halaburda K, Marianska B, Warzocha K, Nasilowska Adamska B, Szczepinski A, Tomaszewska A, et al. Clinical evaluation of busulfan, cladribine and alemtuzumab as reduced intensity conditioning for stem cell transplantation. Ann Transplant. 2009;14:7-12 pubmed..Better methodology of chimerism evaluation is mandatory to improve results of transplantations by implementation donor lymphocyte infusions. ..
- Ciechomska I, Goemans C, Tolkovsky A. Why doesn't Beclin 1, a BH3-only protein, suppress the anti-apoptotic function of Bcl-2?. Autophagy. 2009;5:880-1 pubmed..In this punctum, we discuss possible reasons why Beclin 1 fails to behave like other BH3-only proteins and induce apoptosis. ..
- Zapolska Downar D, Naruszewicz M. Propionate reduces the cytokine-induced VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 expression by inhibiting nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) activation. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60:123-31 pubmed..Our findings warrant further investigation into the therapeutic effects of propionate on a number of pathological events nvolving leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Kabzinska D, Sinkiewicz Darol E, Hausmanowa Petrusewicz I, Kochanski A. Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A disease caused by a novel Ser112Arg mutation in the PMP22 gene, coexisting with a slowly progressive hearing impairment. J Appl Genet. 2010;51:203-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the Ser112Arg mutation in the PMP22 gene might have a causative role in the early-onset CMT with hearing impairment. Thus, our study extends the spectrum of CMT phenotypes putatively associated with PMP22 gene mutations. ..
- Szajewska H, Horvath A, Piwowarczyk A. Meta-analysis: the effects of Saccharomyces boulardii supplementation on Helicobacter pylori eradication rates and side effects during treatment. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2010;32:1069-79 pubmed publisher..pylori infection, there is evidence to recommend the use of S. boulardii along with standard triple therapy as an option for increasing the eradication rates and decreasing overall therapy-related side effects, particularly diarrhoea. ..
- Borkowska J, Schwartz R, Kotulska K, Jozwiak S. Tuberous sclerosis complex: tumors and tumorigenesis. Int J Dermatol. 2011;50:13-20 pubmed publisher..The authors elucidate the variety of neoplasms seen in TSC patients, along with their clinical significance, and suggest suitable evaluation and management strategies...
- Prus W, Zabka M, Bieganowski P, Filipek A. Nuclear translocation of Sgt1 depends on its phosphorylation state. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1747-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that S100A6-Ca(2+)-mediated Sgt1 dephosphorylation promotes its nuclear translocation, most likely due to disruption of the Sgt1-Hsp90 complex. ..
- Wronski M, Cebulski W, Slodkowski M, Karkocha D, Krasnodebski I. Retroperitoneal minimally invasive pancreatic necrosectomy using single-port access. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2012;22:e8-11 pubmed publisher..Percutaneous retroperitoneal pancreatic necrosectomy is one of the minimally invasive approaches used for debridement of pancreatic necrosis. We report our technique of retroperitoneoscopic necrosectomy using a single-port access. ..
- Ainola M, Tomaszewski W, Ostrowska B, Wesolowska E, Wagner H, Swieszkowski W, et al. A bioactive hybrid three-dimensional tissue-engineering construct for cartilage repair. J Biomater Appl. 2016;30:873-85 pubmed publisher..This allows time for the slowly progressing, multiphase true cartilage regeneration. ..
- Stobiecka M, Chalupa A, Dworakowska B. Piezometric biosensors for anti-apoptotic protein survivin based on buried positive-potential barrier and immobilized monoclonal antibodies. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;84:37-43 pubmed publisher..The calculations indicate that there is still room to increase the Sur capture capacity for Sur while miniaturizing the sensor. The important advantage of the sensor is that it can be reused by a simple regeneration procedure. ..
- Dominiak A, Wilkaniec A, WroczyÅ„ski P, Adamczyk A. Selenium in the Therapy of Neurological Diseases. Where is it Going?. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2016;14:282-99 pubmed..However, further research in the search for optimal Se donors is necessary in order to achieve an effective and safe therapeutic income. ..
- Kulesza U, Plum L, DeLuca H, MouriÃ±o A, Sicinski R. A new suprasterol by photochemical reaction of 1Î±,25-dihydroxy-9-methylene-19-norvitamin D3. Org Biomol Chem. 2016;14:1646-52 pubmed publisher..The possible reaction paths of the examined photochemical transformation are discussed. Biological in vivo and in vitro tests proved that the photoproduct is devoid of calcemic activity. ..
- Witkowska Patena E, Mazurek A, Dziuk M. Veteran player tips the scale - V/Q SPECT-CT proves decisive in blunt chest trauma. Case report and brief literature review. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2016;19:51-3 pubmed publisher..A normal perfusion and ventilation pattern was observed in the upper left lobe. Since it was found to be the only functioning lobe, pneumonectomy was excluded from possible treatment options. ..
- Corcoran A, Nadkarni S, Yasuda K, Sakaki T, Brown G, Kutner A, et al. Biological Evaluation of Double Point Modified Analogues of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin Dâ‚‚ as Potential Anti-Leukemic Agents. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Although the inactive analogue PRI-1734 failed to show VDR antagonism, when tested in HL60 cells, its structure might be a good starting point for our design of a vitamin D antagonist. ..
- Wiewiórka M, Wysakowicz D, Okoniewski M, Gambin T. Benchmarking distributed data warehouse solutions for storing genomic variant information. Database (Oxford). 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..https://github.com/ZSI-Bio/variantsdwh...
- Kwiatkowska E, Skasko E, Niwinska A, Wojciechowska Lacka A, Rachtan J, Molong L, et al. Low frequency of the CHEK2*1100delC mutation among breast cancer probands from three regions of Poland. Neoplasma. 2006;53:305-8 pubmed..Further studies are still needed to evaluate the contribution of this mutation to the development of bilateral breast tumors. ..
- Kobylecka M, Maczewska J, Fronczewska Wieniawska K, Mazurek T, Płazińska M, Krolicki L. Myocardial viability assessment in 18FDG PET/CT study (18FDG PET myocardial viability assessment). Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2012;15:52-60 pubmed publisher..This combination allows for wider morphologic assessments: coronary calcium scoring and non-invasive coronary angiography may be added to myocardial perfusion/metabolic imaging if necessary. ..
- Kułaga Z, Gurzkowska B, Grajda A, Wojtyło M, Góźdź M, Litwin M. The prevalence of overweight and obesity among Polish pre-school-aged children. Dev Period Med. 2016;20:143-9 pubmed..The influence of overweight definitions should be taken into account when studying childhood overweight and obesity. Overweight and obesity preventive programs should be implemented at preschool age. ..
- Walory J, Grzesiowski P, Hryniewicz W. Comparison of four serological methods for the detection of diphtheria anti-toxin antibody. J Immunol Methods. 2000;245:55-65 pubmed..Because of their unsatisfactory correlation and sensitivity as compared to the reference method, PHA and LA should be avoided and replaced by one of the two enzyme immunoassays. ..
- Borg K, Nowakowska B, Obersztyn E, Cheung S, Brycz Witkowska J, Korniszewski L, et al. Complex balanced translocation t(1;5;7)(p32.1;q14.3;p21.3) and two microdeletions del(1)(p31.1p31.1) and del(7)(p14.1p14.1) in a patient with features of Greig cephalopolysyndactyly and mental retardation. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:2738-43 pubmed..We discuss the potential mechanisms of formation of the described CCR. ..
- Lebiedzinska M, Karkucinska Wieckowska A, Giorgi C, Karczmarewicz E, Pronicka E, Pinton P, et al. Oxidative stress-dependent p66Shc phosphorylation in skin fibroblasts of children with mitochondrial disorders. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:952-60 pubmed publisher..This suggest that SOD2 is under control of the Ser36 phosphorylation status of p66Shc protein. As a consequence, an intracellular oxidative stress and accumulation of damages caused by oxygen free radicals are observed in the cells. ..
- Sromek M, Czetwertyńska M, Skasko E, Zielińska J, Czapczak D, Steffen J. The frequency of selected polymorphic variants of the RET gene in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma and in the general population of central Poland. Endocr Pathol. 2010;21:178-85 pubmed publisher..The presence of this polymorphic change in MTC patients carrying, at the same time, the RET codon 634 mutation lowers the age of onset of MTC in this group. ..
- Niwinska A, Murawska M, Pogoda K. Breast cancer subtypes and response to systemic treatment after whole-brain radiotherapy in patients with brain metastases. Cancer. 2010;116:4238-47 pubmed publisher..In patients with triple-negative breast cancer, the role of systemic treatment after WBRT appears to be less clear, and therefore this issue requires further investigation. ..
- Pedzisz P, Zgoda M, Kocon H, Benke G, Gorecki A. Treatment of solitary bone cysts with allogenic bone graft and platelet-rich plasma. A preliminary report. Acta Orthop Belg. 2010;76:374-9 pubmed..Further studies on larger patients series with longer follow-up will be necessary to answer the question whether this method will provide a lower recurrence rate compared to other forms of treatment...
- Podolska K, Stachurska A, Hajdukiewicz K, Małecki M. Gene therapy prospects--intranasal delivery of therapeutic genes. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012;21:525-34 pubmed..The noninvasive intranasal delivery of gene preparations or conventional drugs seems to be very encouraging, although basic scientific research still has to continue. ..
- Baraniak A, Fiett J, Hryniewicz W, Nordmann P, Gniadkowski M. Ceftazidime-hydrolysing CTX-M-15 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) in Poland. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2002;50:393-6 pubmed..However, its different position with respect to the beta-lactamase gene indicated the independent selection of the ESBL gene in the two countries. ..
- Rutkowski P, Nowecki Z, Debiec Rychter M, Grzesiakowska U, Michej W, Wozniak A, et al. Predictive factors for long-term effects of imatinib therapy in patients with inoperable/metastatic CD117(+) gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2007;133:589-97 pubmed..We confirmed that many advanced GIST patients benefit from IM therapy for a prolonged time, although resistance to therapy is observed. We identified four independent biological factors influencing the PFS during long-term IM therapy. ..
- Spiewak M, Małek Ł, Kostrzewa G, Kisiel B, Serafin A, Filipiak K, et al. Influence of C3435T multidrug resistance gene-1 (MDR-1) polymorphism on platelet reactivity and prognosis in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Kardiol Pol. 2009;67:827-34 pubmed..The C3435T polymorphism of the MDR-1 gene influences ADP dependent platelet reactivity in patients with acute coronary syndrome but does not affect mid-term prognosis in this population. ..
- Pronicki M, Kowalski P, Piekutowska Abramczuk D, Taybert J, Karkucinska Wieckowska A, Szymanska Debinska T, et al. A homozygous mutation in the SCO2 gene causes a spinal muscular atrophy like presentation with stridor and respiratory insufficiency. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2010;14:253-60 pubmed publisher
- Rutkowski P, Nowecki Z, Dziewirski W, Zdzienicki M, Pieñkowski A, Salamacha M, et al. Melanoma without a detectable primary site with metastases to lymph nodes. Dermatol Surg. 2010;36:868-76 pubmed publisher..7%) cases in the MUP and KPM groups, respectively. Survival rates in the MUP and KPM groups were similar, and the same prognostic factors affected both. Thus, all MUP cases should be treated as standard stage III melanomas. ..
- Kiliszek M, Franaszczyk M, Kozluk E, Lodziński P, Piatkowska A, Broda G, et al. Association between variants on chromosome 4q25, 16q22 and 1q21 and atrial fibrillation in the Polish population. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21790 pubmed publisher..The T allele of rs2200733 favours larger pulmonary veins and increased number of episodes of AF. ..
- Arazna M, Pruchniak M, Demkow U. Neutrophil extracellular traps in bacterial infections: strategies for escaping from killing. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2013;187:74-7 pubmed publisher..Recently a number of studies highlight the mechanism of bacterial escape from extracellular traps; the process that may influence the outcome of bacterial infections...
- Linnemann C, Tezenas du Montcel S, Rakowicz M, Schmitz HÃ¼bsch T, Szymanski S, Berciano J, et al. Peripheral Neuropathy in Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 1, 2, 3, and 6. Cerebellum. 2016;15:165-73 pubmed publisher..Since damage to peripheral nerves is readily assessable by electrophysiological means, nerve conduction studies should be performed in a longitudinal approach to assess these parameters as potential progression markers. ..
- Celis Morales C, Marsaux C, Livingstone K, Navas Carretero S, San Cristobal R, Fallaize R, et al. Can genetic-based advice help you lose weight? Findings from the Food4Me European randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1204-1213 pubmed publisher..048)].Conclusions: There are greater body weight and WC reductions in risk carriers than in nonrisk carriers of the FTO gene. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01530139. ..
- Arbelaiz A, Azkargorta M, Krawczyk M, Santos Laso A, Lapitz A, Perugorria M, et al. Serum extracellular vesicles contain protein biomarkers for primary sclerosing cholangitis and cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology. 2017;66:1125-1143 pubmed publisher..Proteomic signatures found in serum EV of CCA, PSC, and HCC patients show potential usefulness as diagnostic tools. (Hepatology 2017;66:1125-1143). ..
- Carreras Torres R, Johansson M, Haycock P, Wade K, Relton C, Martin R, et al. Obesity, metabolic factors and risk of different histological types of lung cancer: A Mendelian randomization study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177875 pubmed publisher..Mendelian randomization (MR), or the use of genetic instrumental variables to assess causality, may help to identify the metabolic drivers of lung cancer...
- Makuch A, Skalski K, Pawlikowski M. The influence of the cumulated deformation energy in the measurement by the DSI method on the selected mechanical properties of bone tissues. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:79-91 pubmed..The coefficient k dependent on the EIT/HIT ratio and on the stored energy (?W = Wtotal - Welastic) is a measure of the material reaction to the loading and the deformation of tissue. ..
- Galazka A. The changing epidemiology of diphtheria in the vaccine era. J Infect Dis. 2000;181 Suppl 1:S2-9 pubmed
- Woźniak J. Two methods for the quantitative analysis of surface antigen expression in acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2004;42:195-9 pubmed..This may be helpful in identification of leukemic cells in the diagnostics of minimal residual disease after treatment in AML patients...
- Rekawek J, Kansy A, Miszczak Knecht M, Manowska M, Bieganowska K, Brzezinska Paszke M, et al. Risk factors for cardiac arrhythmias in children with congenital heart disease after surgical intervention in the early postoperative period. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007;133:900-4 pubmed..Junctional ectopic tachycardia and supraventricular tachycardia were the most common postoperative arrhythmias. ..
- Cymerman I, Chung I, Beckmann B, Bujnicki J, Meiss G. EXOG, a novel paralog of Endonuclease G in higher eukaryotes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:1369-79 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that in higher eukaryotes the complementary enzymatic activities of EndoG and EXOG probably together account for both, the lethal and vital functions of conserved mitochondrial endo/exonucleases. ..
- Malek L, Kisiel B, Spiewak M, Grabowski M, Filipiak K, Kostrzewa G, et al. Coexisting polymorphisms of P2Y12 and CYP2C19 genes as a risk factor for persistent platelet activation with clopidogrel. Circ J. 2008;72:1165-9 pubmed..09). Coexisting, rather then single, polymorphisms of different genes may be related to persistent platelet activation while on clopidogrel, which raises concern about harm in patients with ACS. ..
- Naruszewicz M, Zapolska Downar D, Kośmider A, Nowicka G, Kozłowska Wojciechowska M, Vikström A, et al. Chronic intake of potato chips in humans increases the production of reactive oxygen radicals by leukocytes and increases plasma C-reactive protein: a pilot study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:773-7 pubmed publisher..These novel findings seem to indicate that chronic ingestion of acrylamide-containing products induces a proinflammatory state, a risk factor for progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Orlewska E, Gulacsi L. Budget-impact analyses: a critical review of published studies. Pharmacoeconomics. 2009;27:807-27 pubmed publisher..Future research needs to be directed to quality assurance of published BIAs and investment in data collection for parameters specific to BIAs. ..
- Kowalewska M, Szkoda M, Radziszewski J, Ptaszynski K, Bidzinski M, Siedlecki J. The frequency of human papillomavirus infection in polish patients with vulvar squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:434-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a fraction of cancers of vulva associated with HPV is insignificant, given the HPV prevalence of 8.6% in the Polish population aged 55 to 59 years (the oldest cohort of Polish women studied to date). ..
- Domagała Kulawik J, Hoser G, Dabrowska M, Safianowska A, Chazan R. CD4+/CD25+ cells in systemic inflammation in COPD. Scand J Immunol. 2011;73:59-65 pubmed publisher..5 ?l/ml, P < 0.05). We found that the adiponectin/BMI ratio correlated with the decrease of FEV(1) %. The results of this study support the possible role of CD4/CD25/CTLA4 cells and adiponectin in the systemic inflammation in COPD. ..
- Karkucinska Wieckowska A, Lebiedzinska M, Jurkiewicz E, Pajdowska M, Trubicka J, Szymanska Debinska T, et al. Increased reactive oxygen species (ROS) production and low catalase level in fibroblasts of a girl with MEGDEL association (Leigh syndrome, deafness, 3-methylglutaconic aciduria). Folia Neuropathol. 2011;49:56-63 pubmed
- Szeliga M, Zgrzywa A, Obara Michlewska M, Albrecht J. Transfection of a human glioblastoma cell line with liver-type glutaminase (LGA) down-regulates the expression of DNA-repair gene MGMT and sensitizes the cells to alkylating agents. J Neurochem. 2012;123:428-36 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that enrichment with LGA, in addition to inhibiting glioma growth, may facilitate chemotherapeutic intervention. ..
- Bik W, Baranowska Bik A, Wolinska Witort E, Kalisz M, Broczek K, Mossakowska M, et al. Assessment of adiponectin and its isoforms in Polish centenarians. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:401-7 pubmed publisher..However, additional work is necessary to understand the relevance of these findings to longevity. ..
- Lenart A, Pawłowski K. Intersection of selenoproteins and kinase signalling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:1279-84 pubmed publisher..Also, we use bibliometric and systems biology approach to explore the kinase-selenoprotein relationships that begin to emerge from the literature. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Inhibitors of Protein Kinases (2012). ..
- Karpiuk I, Tyski S. Looking for the new preparations for antibacterial therapy III. New antimicrobial agents from the quinolones group in clinical trials. Przegl Epidemiol. 2013;67:455-60, 557-61 pubmed..There is a chance in the near future, that the presented compounds can extend the range of existing antibacterial drugs and provide an alternative to currently available medicinal products. ..
- Szostek M, Jakuczun W, Oseka M, Szostek G, Alagbari A, Pogorzelski R, et al. Endovascular treatment of traumatic rupture of thoracic aorta: long term results. Int Angiol. 2016;35:129-39 pubmed..Endovascular procedure in traumatic rupture of descending aorta is the method of choice. Endovascular procedures have a lower mortality and morbidity than open surgery. ..
- Krzemień G, Szmigielska A, Bombiński P, Barczuk M, Biejat A, Warchoł S, et al. Extreme hydronephrosis due to uretropelvic junction obstruction in infant (case report). Dev Period Med. 2016;20:139-42 pubmed..Results of ultrasonography and renal dynamic scintigraphy in child with extreme hydronephrosis can be difficult to asses, therefore before the surgical procedure a lower-dose computed tomography urography should be performed. ..
- Hryniewicz K, Szczypa K, Sulikowska A, Jankowski K, Betlejewska K, Hryniewicz W. Antibiotic susceptibility of bacterial strains isolated from urinary tract infections in Poland. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2001;47:773-80 pubmed..Of all Enterobacteriaceae tested, 38 strains (6.9%) were capable of producing ESBLs. ..
- Hryniewiecki T, Gzyl A, Augustynowicz E, Rawczynska Englert I. Development of broad-range polymerase chain reaction (PCR) bacterial identification in diagnosis of infective endocarditis. J Heart Valve Dis. 2002;11:870-4 pubmed..The study aim was to identify the value of broad-range bacterial PCR in infective endocarditis (IE) of bacterial etiology, and to determine its specificity and sensitivity...
- Jemielity J, Fowler T, Zuberek J, Stepinski J, Lewdorowicz M, Niedzwiecka A, et al. Novel "anti-reverse" cap analogs with superior translational properties. RNA. 2003;9:1108-22 pubmed
- Malkowski P, Pawlak J, Michalowicz B, Szczerban J, Wroblewski T, Leowska E, et al. Thrombolytic treatment of portal thrombosis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2003;50:2098-100 pubmed..Thrombolytic treatment of acute portal thrombosis, if administered promptly, appears to be the only way to improve, or even restore, the portal system patency. ..
- Rubik J, Pietraszek Jezierska E, Kaminski A, Skarzynska A, Jozwiak S, Pawłowska J, et al. Successful treatment of a child with fulminant liver failure and coma caused by Amanita phalloides intoxication with albumin dialysis without liver transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2004;8:295-300 pubmed..One of the new options is AD - MARS. We present the case of a 11-yr-old boy with FLF and hepatic coma who avoided the scheduled LTx because of rapid neurological and biochemical improvement immediately after three MARS sessions...
- Zawadzka Glos L, Rawicz M, Chmielik M. Percutaneous tracheotomy in children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2004;68:1387-90 pubmed..We describe the TLT procedure in details, calling special attention at the fact that the TLT is especially suitable for children below 10 years of age and is associated with very few complications...
- Sobota A, Strzelecka Kiliszek A, Gładkowska E, Yoshida K, Mrozińska K, Kwiatkowska K. Binding of IgG-opsonized particles to Fc gamma R is an active stage of phagocytosis that involves receptor clustering and phosphorylation. J Immunol. 2005;175:4450-7 pubmed..The results indicate that phosphorylation of Fc gammaR and accompanying proteins, dependent on Src kinase activity, facilitates the clustering of activated receptors that is required for efficient particle binding. ..
- Szajewska H, Ruszczynski M, Radzikowski A. Probiotics in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Pediatr. 2006;149:367-372 pubmed..5, 95% CI 0.3 to 0.95). Probiotics reduce the risk of AAD in children. For every 7 patients that would develop diarrhea while being treated with antibiotics, one fewer will develop AAD if also receiving probiotics. ..
- Chmielewski T, Podsiadły E, Tylewska Wierzbanowska S. Presence of Bartonella spp. in various human populations. Pol J Microbiol. 2007;56:33-8 pubmed..The results prove that B. henselae and B. quintana, emerging human pathogens, are present and widely distributed in Poland in such specific risk groups as: alcoholics, veterinarians and cats' owners. ..