Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell division in Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Topic: cell division
- Pyrzynska B, Serrano M, Martinez A C, Kaminska B. Tumor suppressor p53 mediates apoptotic cell death triggered by cyclosporin A. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14102-8 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that the apoptotic program activated by CsA can be mediated by activation of p53 tumor suppressor and potentiation of its ability to initiate apoptosis. ..
- Sirko A, Zatyka M, Sadowy E, Hulanicka D. Sulfate and thiosulfate transport in Escherichia coli K-12: evidence for a functional overlapping of sulfate- and thiosulfate-binding proteins. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4134-6 pubmed..The single cysP and sbp mutants are able to utilize both sulfate and thiosulfate as a sole sulfur source, while the inactivation of both genes leads to cysteine auxotrophy resulting from the block in the transport of both ions. ..
- Soltys D, Rudzińska Langwald A, Kurek W, Gniazdowska A, Sliwinska E, Bogatek R. Cyanamide mode of action during inhibition of onion (Allium cepa L.) root growth involves disturbances in cell division and cytoskeleton formation. Planta. 2011;234:609-21 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in cyanamide-treated onion the following changes were detected: reduction of mitotic cells, inhibition of proliferation of meristematic cells and cell cycle, and modifications of cytoskeleton arrangement...
- Krol M, Pawłowski K, Skierski J, Turowski P, Majewska A, Polanska J, et al. Transcriptomic "portraits" of canine mammary cancer cell lines with various phenotypes. J Appl Genet. 2010;51:169-83 pubmed publisher..Metastatic properties of mammary cancer cells seem to be associated with elevated expression of PGP (P glycoprotein), SEMA3B (semaphorin 3B), and STIM1 (stromal interaction molecule 1)...
- Olszewski W, Moscicka M, Zolich D. Human skin preserved in anhydric sodium chloride for months can be successfully transplanted. Ann Transplant. 2004;9:37-9 pubmed..Skin fibroblasts and some resident immune cells can also survive...
- Ostrowski J, Bomsztyk K. Nuclear shift of hnRNP K protein in neoplasms and other states of enhanced cell proliferation. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:1493-501 pubmed..Nuclear shift of K protein in dividing cells may reflect involvement of K protein in signalling multiple events that regulate expression of genes in proliferating cells. ..
- Kurowska M, Rudnicka W, Kontny E, Janicka I, Chorazy M, Kowalczewski J, et al. Fibroblast-like synoviocytes from rheumatoid arthritis patients express functional IL-15 receptor complex: endogenous IL-15 in autocrine fashion enhances cell proliferation and expression of Bcl-x(L) and Bcl-2. J Immunol. 2002;169:1760-7 pubmed..Thus, we have demonstrated that a distinctive phenotype of RA FLS, i.e., persistent activation, proliferation, and resistance to apoptosis, is related to the autocrine activation of IL-15Rs by FLS-derived IL-15. ..
- Mikuła A. Comparison of three techniques for cryopreservation and reestablishment of long-term Gentiana tibetica suspension culture. Cryo Letters. 2006;27:269-82 pubmed..85% and 7%, respectively. The encapsulation procedure gave faster recovery of the culture suspension than did vitrification, and ensured culture homogeneity and embryogenic competence...
- Kaminska J, Tobiasz A, Gniewosz M, Zoładek T. The growth of mdp1/rsp5 mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is affected by mutations in the ATP-binding domain of the plasma membrane H+ -ATPase. Gene. 2000;242:133-40 pubmed..Our results indicate that Rsp5 ubiquitin-protein ligase may also influence, in addition to protein distribution, the functioning of plasma membrane H+ -ATPase and the response of cells to stress. ..
- Felczak K, Gołos B, Dzik J, Rode W, Bretner M, Shugar D, et al. Acyclic analogues of 5-fluoro-dUMP and 5-fluoro-2'-deoxyuridine: synthesis and inhibition of thymidylate synthase and tumour cell growth. Acta Biochim Pol. 1998;45:75-82 pubmed..HEMFU, despite the weak interaction of its nucleotide analogue with the enzyme, proved to be a strong cell (L5178Y) growth inhibitor, with IC50 in the range 10(-5) M. ..
- Jerka Dziadosz M, Koll F, Włoga D, Gogendeau D, Garreau de Loubresse N, Ruiz F, et al. A Centrin3-dependent, transient, appendage of the mother basal body guides the positioning of the daughter basal body in Paramecium. Protist. 2013;164:352-68 pubmed publisher..The presence in T. thermophila of an ALF-like appendage suggests the conservation of an ancestral mechanism ensuring the coupling of basal body duplication and cell morphogenesis. ..
- Krupa M, Mazur E, Szczepanska K, Filimonow K, Maleszewski M, Suwinska A. Allocation of inner cells to epiblast vs primitive endoderm in the mouse embryo is biased but not determined by the round of asymmetric divisions (8?16- and 16?32-cells). Dev Biol. 2014;385:136-48 pubmed publisher..Taking together, the observed regulatory mechanism adjusting the proportion of outer to inner cells within the embryo may be mediated by FGF signaling. ..
- Jiang Y, Maier W, Baumeister R, Minevich G, Joachimiak E, Ruan Z, et al. The Hippo Pathway Maintains the Equatorial Division Plane in the Ciliate Tetrahymena. Genetics. 2017;206:873-888 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, in Tetrahymena, the Hippo pathway maintains an equatorial position of the fission zone, and, by this activity, specifies the relative dimensions of the anterior and posterior daughter cell. ..
- Wiktor Jedrzejczak W, Ratajczak M, Ptasznik A, Sell K, Ahmed Ansari A, Ostertag W. CSF-1 deficiency in the op/op mouse has differential effects on macrophage populations and differentiation stages. Exp Hematol. 1992;20:1004-10 pubmed..These data provide evidence that CSF-1, besides acting on the final and intermediate stages of macrophage maturation, may also play a role in early stages of hematopoiesis. ..
- Koziel R, Szczepanowska J, Magalska A, Piwocka K, Duszynski J, Zablocki K. Ciprofloxacin inhibits proliferation and promotes generation of aneuploidy in Jurkat cells. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:233-9 pubmed..Chromosomal instability of such cells may, at least potentially, increase a risk of cancer development...
- Cena A, Orlowski J, Machula K, Fronk J, Kurlandzka A. Substitution F659G in the Irr1p/Scc3p cohesin influences the cell wall of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Struct Funct. 2007;32:1-7 pubmed