Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Publications570 found, 100 shown here
- Figiel M, Chon H, Cerritelli S, Cybulska M, Crouch R, Nowotny M. The structural and biochemical characterization of human RNase H2 complex reveals the molecular basis for substrate recognition and Aicardi-GoutiÃ¨res syndrome defects. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10540-50 pubmed publisher..Our model indicates that the difference in substrate preference stems from the different position of the crucial tyrosine residue involved in substrate binding and recognition. ..
- Kabzinska D, Niemann A, Drac H, Huber N, Potulska Chromik A, Hausmanowa Petrusewicz I, et al. A new missense GDAP1 mutation disturbing targeting to the mitochondrial membrane causes a severe form of AR-CMT2C disease. Neurogenetics. 2011;12:145-53 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that clinical outcome of CMT disease caused by mutations in the GDAP1 gene cannot be predicted solely on the basis of genetic results (missense/nonsense mutations). ..
- Zielińska M, Sawosz E, Grodzik M, Balcerak M, Wierzbicki M, Skomial J, et al. Effect of taurine and gold nanoparticles on the morphological and molecular characteristics of muscle development during chicken embryogenesis. Arch Anim Nutr. 2012;66:1-13 pubmed..It may be concluded that 20 days after injection, NanoAu affected some parameters of muscle development, but the most profound effects were those of taurine. ..
- Andrychowski J, Frontczak Baniewicz M, Sulejczak D, Kowalczyk T, Chmielewski T, Czernicki Z, et al. Nanofiber nets in prevention of cicatrization in spinal procedures. Experimental study. Folia Neuropathol. 2013;51:147-57 pubmed..No local inflammation process was observed. Initial observations indicate the potential for the effective use of materials obtained in the electrospinning process to prevent cicatrization. ..
- Bajer A, Mierzejewska E, Rodo A, Bednarska M, Kowalec M, Welc Faleciak R. The risk of vector-borne infections in sled dogs associated with existing and new endemic areas in Poland: Part 1: A population study on sled dogs during the racing season. Vet Parasitol. 2014;202:276-86 pubmed publisher..Our results emphasize the need for regular monitoring for the presence of D. repens. ..
- Jiménez Romero C, Rode J, Pérez Y, Franzblau S, Rodriguez A. Exploring the Sponge Consortium Plakortis symbiotica-Xestospongia deweerdtae as a Potential Source of Antimicrobial Compounds and Probing the Pharmacophore for Antituberculosis Activity of Smenothiazole A by Diverted Total Synthesis. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2295-2303 pubmed publisher..1 μg/mL. Synthesis and subsequent biological screening of 8, a dechlorinated version of smenothiazole A, revealed that the chlorine atom in 5 is indispensable for anti-TB activity. ..
- Siwicki A, Pozet F, Morand M, Volatier C, Terech Majewska E. Effects of iridovirus-like agent on the cell-mediated immunity in sheatfish (Silurus glanis)--an in vitro study. Virus Res. 1999;63:115-9 pubmed..This preliminary in vitro study demonstrated a strong suppressive influence of the iridovirus-like agent on pronephric macrophage and lymphocyte activity in sheatfish. ..
- Ostrowski J, Wyrwicz L, Rychlewski L, Bomsztyk K. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K protein associates with multiple mitochondrial transcripts within the organelle. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6303-10 pubmed..Results of this study suggest that K protein acts within functional modules that are responsible for expression of genes in mitochondria. ..
- Niedzwiecka A, Marcotrigiano J, Stepinski J, Jankowska Anyszka M, Wyslouch Cieszynska A, Dadlez M, et al. Biophysical studies of eIF4E cap-binding protein: recognition of mRNA 5' cap structure and synthetic fragments of eIF4G and 4E-BP1 proteins. J Mol Biol. 2002;319:615-35 pubmed..Phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 at Ser65 and Thr70 is insufficient to prevent binding to eIF4E. Enhancement of the eIF4E affinity for cap occurs after binding to eIF4G peptides. ..
- Olszewski W, Moscicka M, Zolich D. Human skin preserved in anhydric sodium chloride for months can be successfully transplanted. Ann Transplant. 2004;9:37-9 pubmed..Skin fibroblasts and some resident immune cells can also survive...
- Mikula M, Dzwonek A, Hennig E, Ostrowski J. Increased mitochondrial gene expression during L6 cell myogenesis is accelerated by insulin. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:1815-28 pubmed
- Zygner W, Gójska Zygner O, Wedrychowicz H. Changes in the SUSPPUP ratio and fractional excretion of strong monovalent electrolytes in hospitalized dogs with canine babesiosis. Pol J Vet Sci. 2012;15:791-2 pubmed..A significant increase in strong monovalent electrolyte fractional excretions in azotaemic dogs infected with B. canis probably resulted from acute tubular necrosis...
- KamiÅ„ski M. A taxonomic revision of the Quadrideres simplicipes species-group (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae: Pedinini), including description of a new species from Tanzania. Zootaxa. 2015;3986:217-26 pubmed publisher..Q. kazimierzi sp. nov. is described as a new species. An identification key is provided to all known species of the Q. simplicipes species-group. This paper brings the total species number within the genus Quadrideres to 20. ..
- Pietrosiuk A, Furmanowa M, Skopińiska Rózewska E, Sommer E, Skurzak H, Bany J. The effect of acetylshikonin isolated from Lithospermum canescens roots on tumor-induced cutaneous angiogenesis. Acta Pol Pharm. 2004;61:379-82 pubmed..This study has demonstrated that acetylshikonin (ACS), the isolated ingredient from Lithospermum canescens Lehm. roots, in a daily dose of 200 microg for 3 days, inhibited cutaneous angiogenesis induced by L-1 sarcoma cells in Balb/c mice...
- Dobrowolski L, Sadowski J. Furosemide-induced renal medullary hypoperfusion in the rat: role of tissue tonicity, prostaglandins and angiotensin II. J Physiol. 2005;567:613-20 pubmed..Adenosine is not involved in medullary vascular responses to decreased tissue hypertonicity. ..
- Kwiatkowska K. One lipid, multiple functions: how various pools of PI(4,5)P(2) are created in the plasma membrane. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:3927-46 pubmed publisher..In addition, PI(4,5)P(2) can accumulate at sphingolipid/cholesterol-based rafts following activation of distinct membrane receptors or be sequestered in a reversible manner due to electrostatic constrains posed by proteins like MARCKS. ..
- Szczepanska Sadowska E, Cudnoch Jedrzejewska A, Ufnal M, Zera T. Brain and cardiovascular diseases: common neurogenic background of cardiovascular, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;61:509-21 pubmed..The studies surveyed in this review suggest that multiple brain mechanisms interact together sharing the same neural circuits responsible for adjustment of function of the cardiovascular system and metabolism to current needs. ..
- Taracha E, Dyr W, Cwiek M, Turzyńska D, Walkowiak J, Wyszogrodzka E, et al. Diverse behavioral, monoaminergic and Fos protein responses to opioids in Warsaw high-alcohol preferring and Warsaw low-alcohol preferring rats. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011;35:588-97 pubmed publisher..Hence, the WLP/WHP line pair may be useful for the search of factors that underlie the propensity for developing opiate dependence. ..
- Szczesny P, Iacovache I, Muszewska A, Ginalski K, van der Goot F, Grynberg M. Extending the aerolysin family: from bacteria to vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20349 pubmed publisher..Its putative role in the virulence of B. anthracis and its three dimensional model are discussed. ..
- Remiszewska M, Jastrzebski Z, Czyzewska Szafran H, Wutkiewicz M, Czarnecki A. Increased activity of the GABAergic system in selected brain areas after chronic propranolol treatment in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 1992;44:465-70 pubmed..Our results indicate that propranolol increases GABAergic system activity. Therefore, we conclude that down-regulation of the GABAergic system in hypertension may be compensated by the regulatory action of propranolol...
- Wleklik M, Panasiak W, Luczak M, Konopinska D. Tuftsin a natural peptide with antiviral activity--structural basis of its action. Acta Virol. 1988;32:79-82 pubmed..It seems that amino acids elongation in the parent peptide chain does not result in significant increase of antiviral activity of the compounds tested. ..
- Brzeski J, Podstolski W, Olczak K, Jerzmanowski A. Identification and analysis of the Arabidopsis thaliana BSH gene, a member of the SNF5 gene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:2393-9 pubmed
- Rogala E, Skopinska Rozewska E, Sommer E, Pastewka K, Chorostowska Wynimko J, Sokolnicka I, et al. Assessment of the VEGF, bFGF, aFGF and IL8 angiogenic activity in urinary bladder carcinoma, using the mice cutaneous angiogenesis test. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:4259-63 pubmed..There was no reduction of angiogenic activity after Il-8 absorption. ..
- Sarnowski T, Swiezewski S, Pawlikowska K, Kaczanowski S, Jerzmanowski A. AtSWI3B, an Arabidopsis homolog of SWI3, a core subunit of yeast Swi/Snf chromatin remodeling complex, interacts with FCA, a regulator of flowering time. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:3412-21 pubmed..This interaction is through the C-terminal region of FCA, located outside the conserved RNA- and protein-binding domains of this protein. ..
- Arct J, Pytkowska K. Flavonoids as components of biologically active cosmeceuticals. Clin Dermatol. 2008;26:347-57 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms based on less or more indirect activity can also be met. At least 11 points for activity can be distinguished among flavonoids' actions on blood vessels. ..
- Wesierska M, Adamska I, Malinowska M. Retrosplenial cortex lesion affected segregation of spatial information in place avoidance task in the rat. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2009;91:41-9 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the same lesions spared task variants that did not require segregation. Our results suggest an involvement of retrosplenial cortex in the segregation of spatial information. ..
- Domagala Kulawik J. Effects of cigarette smoke on the lung and systemic immunity. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 6:19-34 pubmed..Smoking cessation is the most effective method of prophylaxis and treatment of diseases related to tobacco smoking. However many immunological changes in smokers are not completely reversible after quitting smoking. ..
- Drozd J, Anuszewska E. Effects of bilberry fruit aqueous extract and selected antibiotics on immune response in mice. Acta Pol Pharm. 2009;66:181-5 pubmed..The highest agglutination titre has been demonstrated for mouse serum treated with the extract in combination with doxycycline and cefuroxime...
- Chmielowska M, Baranowska Bik A, Baranowska B, Wolinska Witort E, Martynska L, Bik W. The influence of cocaine-amphetamine regulated transcript (CART) on pituitary hormones, corticosterone and leptin levels in starved rats. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2011;32:82-9 pubmed..However, the modulatory effect depends on the CART administration method. Interestingly, CART administration, both icv and iv, does not have an impact on pituitary hormones and corticosterone levels in a course of food limitation. ..
- Pijet M, Pijet B, Litwiniuk A, Pajak B, Gajkowska B, Orzechowski A. Leptin impairs myogenesis in C2C12 cells through JAK/STAT and MEK signaling pathways. Cytokine. 2013;61:445-54 pubmed publisher..Summing up, partially opposite effects of insulin and leptin on skeletal muscle growth emphasize the importance of interplay between these cytokines. They determine how muscle mass is gained or lost. ..
- Gruszczynska Biegala J, Kuznicki J. Native STIM2 and ORAI1 proteins form a calcium-sensitive and thapsigargin-insensitive complex in cortical neurons. J Neurochem. 2013;126:727-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the small drop of Ca²? level in endoplasmic reticulum, due to the decreased level of intracellular Ca²?, is sufficient to trigger STIM2-ORAI1 complex formation in a thapsigargin-insensitive manner. ..
- Czerwinska A, Grabowska I, Archacka K, Bem J, Świerczek B, Helinska A, et al. Myogenic Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells That Lack a Functional Pax7 Gene. Stem Cells Dev. 2016;25:285-300 pubmed publisher..As a result, we showed that the absence of functional Pax7 does not prevent the in vitro myogenic differentiation of ESCs. ..
- Lubina DÄ…browska N, StepieÅ„ A, Sulkowski G, DÄ…browska Bouta B, Langfort J, Chalimoniuk M. Effects of IFN-Î²1a and IFN-Î²1b treatment on the expression of cytokines, inducible NOS (NOS type II), and myelin proteins in animal model of multiple sclerosis. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2017;65:325-338 pubmed publisher
- Sabała P, Targos B, Caravelli A, Czajkowski R, Lim D, Gragnaniello G, et al. Role of the actin cytoskeleton in store-mediated calcium entry in glioma C6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:484-91 pubmed..While the agonists evoke a store-mediated Ca2+ entry that is dependent on the actin cytoskeleton, thapsigargin apparently activates an additional mechanism, which is independent of the disruption of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Kowalczyk A, Filipkowski R, Rylski M, Wilczynski G, Konopacki F, Jaworski J, et al. The critical role of cyclin D2 in adult neurogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:209-13 pubmed..Thus, our results reveal the existence of molecular mechanisms discriminating adult versus developmental neurogeneses. ..
- Pobozy E, Michalski A, Sotowska Brochocka J, Trojanowicz M. Determination of melatonin and its precursors and metabolites using capillary electrophoresis with UV and fluorometric detection. J Sep Sci. 2005;28:2165-72 pubmed..Fluorometric detection provides about two-fold improvement over UV in the detection of melatonin and minor improvements for three other analytes, but is much poorer than UV for tryptophan and 6-hydroxymelatonin in applied conditions. ..
- Morawski K, Telischi F, Niemczyk K. A model of real time monitoring of the cochlear function during an induced local ischemia. Hear Res. 2006;212:117-27 pubmed
- Witkowski G, Szulczyk P. Opioid mu receptor activation inhibits sodium currents in prefrontal cortical neurons via a protein kinase A- and C-dependent mechanism. Brain Res. 2006;1094:92-106 pubmed..We conclude that the activation of mu opioid receptors inhibits the voltage-dependent Na(+) currents expressed in nonpyramidal neurons of the medial prefrontal cortex, and that kinases A and C are involved in this inhibitory pathway. ..
- Langfort J, Barańczuk E, Pawlak D, Chalimoniuk M, Lukacova N, Marsala J, et al. The effect of endurance training on regional serotonin metabolism in the brain during early stage of detraining period in the female rat. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2006;26:1327-42 pubmed..The lowered 5-HT/Try ratio and lowered TpH protein level attained after the training process suggests and that this change may be, at least partially, attributed to downregulation of TpH activity. ..
- Loksztejn A, Dzwolak W. Noncooperative dimethyl sulfoxide-induced dissection of insulin fibrils: toward soluble building blocks of amyloid. Biochemistry. 2009;48:4846-51 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the DMSO-induced ensembles of insulin molecules are closely related to elementary building blocks of amyloid fibrils. ..
- Stachowiak R, Wiśniewski J, Osińska O, Bielecki J. Contribution of cysteine residue to the properties of Listeria monocytogenes listeriolysin O. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:1153-9 pubmed publisher..However, both mutant strains are less invasive in the cell culture model showing the important role of cysteine in L. monocytogenes virulence. ..
- Yeghiazaryan M, Zybura Broda K, Cabaj A, Włodarczyk J, Sławińska U, Rylski M, et al. Fine-structural distribution of MMP-2 and MMP-9 activities in the rat skeletal muscle upon training: a study by high-resolution in situ zymography. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:75-87 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the gelatinases are involved in muscle adaptation to training, and that MMP-2 may play a novel role in myonuclear functions. ..
- Dobrzyńska M, Tyrkiel E, Derezinska E, Pachocki K, Ludwicki J. Two generation reproductive and developmental toxicity following subchronic exposure of pubescent male mice to di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2012;19:31-7 pubmed..The results may suggest that diminished spermaozoa quality induced by DEHP may be coincidental with mutations leading to intrauterine deaths and skeletal abnormalities in the offspring. ..
- Kasperowicz A, Stan Glasek K, Guczynska W, Pristas P, Javorsky P, Vandzurova A, et al. ?-Fructofuranosidase and sucrose phosphorylase of rumen bacterium Pseudobutyrivibrio ruminis strain 3. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;28:1271-9 pubmed publisher..05 to 0.25 ?M/mg/min, when cell extract from bacteria grown on sucrose was used. Release of free glucose was observed when no inorganic phosphate was present in reaction mixture...
- Stefanska J, Szulczyk D, Koziol A, Miroslaw B, Kedzierska E, Fidecka S, et al. Disubstituted thiourea derivatives and their activity on CNS: synthesis and biological evaluation. Eur J Med Chem. 2012;55:205-13 pubmed publisher..Microbiological evaluation was carried out over 20 standard strains and 30 hospital strains. Selected compounds (1-13) were examined for cytotoxicity, antitumor, and anti-HIV activity. ..
- Kuzma Kozakiewicz M, Kaźmierczak B, Usarek E, Baranczyk Kuzma A. Changes in kinesin expression in the CNS of mice with dynein heavy chain 1 mutation. Acta Biochim Pol. 2013;60:51-5 pubmed
- Drozak J, Chrobok L, Poleszak O, Jagielski A, Derlacz R. Molecular identification of carnosine N-methyltransferase as chicken histamine N-methyltransferase-like protein (hnmt-like). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64805 pubmed publisher..The identification of the gene encoding carnosine N-methyltransferase might be beneficial for estimation of the biological functions of anserine...
- Waniewski J. Peritoneal fluid transport: mechanisms, pathways, methods of assessment. Arch Med Res. 2013;44:576-83 pubmed publisher..Different theories and respective mathematical models of mechanisms and pathways of fluid transport are presently discussed and applied, and some fluid transport issues are still debated. ..
- UÅ‚amek KozioÅ‚ M, Kocki J, Bogucka Kocka A, Januszewski S, Czuczwar S, Pluta R. Occurrence of spontaneous and audiogenic seizures following global brain ischaemia due to cardiac arrest. Folia Neuropathol. 2015;53:245-9 pubmed publisher..Data from our study clearly indicate that global brain ischaemia due to cardiac arrest may induce the susceptibility to spontaneous and audiogenic seizures, but this effect is transient. ..
- Walory J, Grzesiowski P, Hryniewicz W. Comparison of four serological methods for the detection of diphtheria anti-toxin antibody. J Immunol Methods. 2000;245:55-65 pubmed..Because of their unsatisfactory correlation and sensitivity as compared to the reference method, PHA and LA should be avoided and replaced by one of the two enzyme immunoassays. ..
- Nartowska J, Sommer E, Pastewka K, Sommer S, Skopinska Rozewska E. Anti-angiogenic activity of convallamaroside, the steroidal saponin isolated from the rhizomes and roots of Convallaria majalis L. Acta Pol Pharm. 2004;61:279-82 pubmed..001). Similarly, administration of convallamaroside to mice decreased the number of new vessels induced by sarcoma mice cells (p < 0.001)...
- Pokorski M, Walski M, Dymecka A, Marczak M. The aging carotid body. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2004;55 Suppl 3:107-13 pubmed..These findings suggest development of compensatory mechanisms in brain respiratory areas which maintain primary defensive reflexes, such as the hyperventilation of hypoxia. ..
- Figiel I, Dzwonek K. TNFalpha and TNF receptor 1 expression in the mixed neuronal-glial cultures of hippocampal dentate gyrus exposed to glutamate or trimethyltin. Brain Res. 2007;1131:17-28 pubmed..Our results indicate that TNFalpha may be involved in the mechanism of neurotoxic effects evoked by both pathogenic factors and suggest that astrocytes via TNFR1 may enhance TMT-induced injury. ..
- Juszyński M, Ciszek B, Stachurska E, Jabłońska A, Ratajska A. Development of lymphatic vessels in mouse embryonic and early postnatal hearts. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2973-86 pubmed publisher..We discuss the existence of various subpopulations of endothelial cells among the Lyve-1-positive cells. ..
- Pilecka I, Sadowski L, Kalaidzidis Y, Miaczynska M. Recruitment of APPL1 to ubiquitin-rich aggresomes in response to proteasomal impairment. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:1093-107 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our studies suggest that the proteasome inhibitors that are already in clinical use affect the localization, ubiquitination and solubility of APPL1. ..
- Daniluk P, Lesyng B. A novel method to compare protein structures using local descriptors. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:344 pubmed publisher..It is well suited to improving automatic classification of structure domains, helping analyze protein fold space, or to improving protein classification schemes. DEDAL is available online at http://bioexploratorium.pl/EP/DEDAL. ..
- Sobolewska A, Motyl T, Gajewska M. Role and regulation of autophagy in the development of acinar structures formed by bovine BME-UV1 mammary epithelial cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:854-64 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that autophagy may play an important role during alveolargenesis. ..
- Burnat K, Van der Gucht E, Waleszczyk W, Kossut M, Arckens L. Lack of early pattern stimulation prevents normal development of the alpha (Y) retinal ganglion cell population in the cat. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:2414-29 pubmed publisher..These new observations for pattern-deprived animals provide an anatomical basis for the well-described motion perception deficits in congenital cataract patients. ..
- Dobrzyńska M, Radzikowska J. Genotoxicity and reproductive toxicity of bisphenol A and X-ray/bisphenol A combination in male mice. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2013;36:19-26 pubmed publisher..Results confirmed the mutagenic ability of BPA. Combined exposure to X-rays and BPA leads to the prevention of DNA damage in somatic and germ cells of mice. ..
- Kilanczyk E, Wasik U, Filipek A. CacyBP/SIP phosphatase activity in neuroblastoma NB2a and colon cancer HCT116 cells. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:558-64 pubmed publisher..Since NB2a cells have differentiation potential and HCT116 cells do not, our data suggest that different activity of CacyBP/SIP in these 2 cell lines might affect the ERK1/2 pathway in the differentiation or proliferation processes. ..
- Flaht A, Jankowska Steifer E, Radomska D, Madej M, Gula G, Kujawa M, et al. Cellular phenotypes and spatio-temporal patterns of lymphatic vessel development in embryonic mouse hearts. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1473-86 pubmed publisher..Lymphatic primordia exhibit different cellular phenotypes and different spatiotemporal pattern on the venous pole as compared with the arterial pole of the heart. ..
- Dzierzęcka M, Charuta A. The analysis of densitometric and geometric parameters of bilateral proximal phalanges in horses with the use of peripheral quantitative computed tompgraphy. Acta Vet Scand. 2012;54:41 pubmed publisher..Thus, any changes, including those caused by asymmetrical strain exerted on the right and left thoracic limbs, are the earliest to be observed. ..
- Kusio Kobialka M, Podszywalow Bartnicka P, Peidis P, Glodkowska Mrowka E, Wolanin K, Leszak G, et al. The PERK-eIF2? phosphorylation arm is a pro-survival pathway of BCR-ABL signaling and confers resistance to imatinib treatment in chronic myeloid leukemia cells. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:4069-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, the PERK-eIF2? phosphorylation arm may represent a suitable target for therapeutic intervention for CML disease. ..
- Dziembowska M, Pretto D, Janusz A, Kaczmarek L, Leigh M, Gabriel N, et al. High MMP-9 activity levels in fragile X syndrome are lowered by minocycline. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:1897-903 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that, in humans, activity levels of MMP-9 are lowered by minocycline and that, in some cases, changes in MMP-9 activity are positively associated with improvement based on clinical measures. ..
- Januszko O, Madej D, Brzozowska A, Kaluza J. Iron absorption after introducing and discontinuation of iron and zinc supplementation in rats. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2016;35:77-82 pubmed publisher..Adaptation of the rats to high doses of iron or iron and zinc and also to the cessation of these treatments was relatively fast. However, IAA% was stabilized faster after introducing the supplementation than it's discontinuation. ..
- Arbelaiz A, Azkargorta M, Krawczyk M, Santos Laso A, Lapitz A, Perugorria M, et al. Serum extracellular vesicles contain protein biomarkers for primary sclerosing cholangitis and cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology. 2017;66:1125-1143 pubmed publisher..Proteomic signatures found in serum EV of CCA, PSC, and HCC patients show potential usefulness as diagnostic tools. (Hepatology 2017;66:1125-1143). ..
- Ratajska A, Złotorowicz R, Błazejczyk M, Wasiutynski A. Coronary artery embryogenesis in cardiac defects induced by retinoic acid in mice. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2005;73:966-79 pubmed..RA-evoked heart malformations may be a useful model for elucidating abnormal patterns of coronary artery development and may shed some light on the angiogenesis of coronary artery formation. ..
- Kania B, Lewicki S. Influence of nifedypine on the hyperalgesic action of duodenal distention in sheep. Pol J Vet Sci. 2007;10:263-9 pubmed..Nifedipine can be useful in controlling acute visceral pain associated, for example, with different kinds of colic. ..
- Paziewska A, Zwolińska L, Harris P, Bajer A, Sinski E. Utilisation of rodent species by larvae and nymphs of hard ticks (Ixodidae) in two habitats in NE Poland. Exp Appl Acarol. 2010;50:79-91 pubmed publisher..The impact of habitat change (in this case successional change following field abandonment) on tick densities is emphasised, and the role of Apodemus as an epidemiological bridge, linking woodland and field habitats, is highlighted...
- Frontczak Baniewicz M, Walski M, Madejska G, Sulejczak D. MMP2 and MMP9 in immature endothelial cells following surgical injury of rat cerebral cortex--a preliminary study. Folia Neuropathol. 2009;47:338-46 pubmed..These results show for the first time the presence of MMPs in the immature (progenitor?) endothelial cells following surgical brain injury.. ..
- Łeski S, Pettersen K, Tunstall B, Einevoll G, Gigg J, Wójcik D. Inverse current source density method in two dimensions: inferring neural activation from multielectrode recordings. Neuroinformatics. 2011;9:401-25 pubmed publisher..We also provide a free GUI-based MATLAB toolbox to analyze and visualize our test data as well as user datasets. ..
- Dobrzyńska M. Male-mediated F1 effects in mice exposed to nonylphenol or to a combination of X-rays and nonylphenol. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:36-42 pubmed publisher..Results showed that mutations induced in germ cells by subchronic exposure to NP and to combined X-ray/NP exposure may be transmitted to the F1 generation via sperm. ..
- Szulczyk B, Ksiazek A, Ładno W, Szulczyk P. Effect of dopamine receptor stimulation on voltage-dependent fast-inactivating Na(+) currents in medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) pyramidal neurons in adult rats. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2012;72:351-64 pubmed..The maximum Na+ current amplitude was not changed. A cAMP/protein kinase A pathway was responsible for the signal transduction from the D1/5 dopamine receptors to the Na+ channels. ..
- Frontczak Baniewicz M, Gajkowska B. Focal ischemia in the cerebral cortex has an effect on the neurohypophysis. II. Angiogenesis in the neurohypophysis is a consequence of the focal ischemia in the cerebral cortex. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2001;22:87-92 pubmed..After photochemically induced platelet aggregation, we observed the morphological features of angiogenesis...
- Dobrzyńska M, Czajka U. Male-mediated developmental toxicity in mice after 8 weeks'exposure to low doses of X-rays. Int J Radiat Biol. 2005;81:793-9 pubmed..After subchronic exposure to low doses the majority of mutations caused premature death. Subchronic exposure to low doses of X-rays did not induce external and skeletal malformations of surviving foetuses. ..
- Gajkowska B, Wojewodzka U, Gajewska A, Styrna J, Jurkiewicz J, Kochman K. Growth hormone cell phagocytosis in adenohypophysis of mosaic mice: morphological and immunocytochemical electron microscopy study. Brain Res Bull. 2006;70:94-8 pubmed..Loss of GH cells in mosaic mice by phagocytosis supported by FS cells may contribute to this effect. ..
- Ufnal M, Sikora M, Dudek M. Exogenous hydrogen sulfide produces hemodynamic effects by triggering central neuroregulatory mechanisms. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2008;68:382-8 pubmed..The hemodynamic effect seems to be dependent on H2S concentration in cerebrospinal fluid. It appears that the hypertensive response may occur at a concentration, which does not exceed twice the physiological level...
- Fiedorowicz M, Makarewicz D, Stańczak Mrozek K, Grieb P. CDP-choline (citicoline) attenuates brain damage in a rat model of birth asphyxia. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2008;68:389-97 pubmed..In the context of the well-known excellent safety profile of citicoline, these data suggest that clinical evaluation of the efficacy of the drug in human birth asphyxia may be warranted...
- Adamczyk A, Kazmierczak A, Czapski G, Strosznajder J. Alpha-synuclein induced cell death in mouse hippocampal (HT22) cells is mediated by nitric oxide-dependent activation of caspase-3. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3504-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that extracellular ASN induces neuronal cell death by NO-mediated caspase-3 activation. ..
- Skrzycki M, Majewska M, Podsiad M, Czeczot H, Salamatin R, Twarowska J, et al. Hymenolepis diminuta: experimental studies on the antioxidant system with short and long term infection periods in the rats. Exp Parasitol. 2011;129:158-63 pubmed publisher..Old organisms also effectively resist oxidative stress due to reduced levels of lipid peroxidation and the high activity of GST, all of which suggest good adaptation to the hostile environment in the host's intestine...
- Popowska M, Rzeczycka M, Miernik A, Krawczyk Balska A, Walsh F, Duffy B. Influence of soil use on prevalence of tetracycline, streptomycin, and erythromycin resistance and associated resistance genes. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:1434-43 pubmed publisher..Non-manure-amended soils yielded larger proportions of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, but these had lower MICs, carried fewer antibiotic resistance genes, and did not display multidrug resistance (MDR). ..
- Wyczalkowska Tomasik A, Bartlomiejczyk I, Gornicka B, Paczek L. Strong association between fibronectin accumulation and lowered cathepsin B activity in glomeruli of diabetic rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2012;63:525-30 pubmed..The much higher FN content in DN rats associated with an inadequate cathepsin B activity implies the role of an insufficient FN degradation by cathepsin B and other proteinases. ..
- Bujnicki J, Feder M, Radlinska M, Rychlewski L. mRNA:guanine-N7 cap methyltransferases: identification of novel members of the family, evolutionary analysis, homology modeling, and analysis of sequence-structure-function relationships. BMC Bioinformatics. 2001;2:2 pubmed
- Majewski S, Marczak M, Mlynarczyk B, Benninghoff B, Jablonska S. Imiquimod is a strong inhibitor of tumor cell-induced angiogenesis. Int J Dermatol. 2005;44:14-9 pubmed..Antiangiogenic effect of imiquimod was found to be mediated by IL-18, probably through promoting production of INFgamma, the most important inhibitor of angiogenesis. ..
- Hoffmann Jagielska M, Winnicka A, Jagielski D, Micuń J, Zmudzka M, Lechowski R. Influence of naturally acquired feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection on the phagocytic and respiratory burst activity of neutrophils and monocytes of peripheral blood. Pol J Vet Sci. 2005;8:93-7 pubmed..Obtained results allow to conclude that diminished phagocytic and oxidative burst activity of peripheral blood leukocytes may cause impairment of innate immunity in cats infected with FeLV...
- Olszewski M, Trzaska D, Knol E, Adamczewska V, Dastych J. Efficient sorting of TNF-alpha to rodent mast cell granules is dependent on N-linked glycosylation. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:997-1008 pubmed..In this work we established that TNF-alpha travels from the ER to mast cell granules via a brefeldin A- and monensin-sensitive route, utilizing the MPR-dependent pathway, although this dependency does not seem to be absolute. ..