Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Wrocław, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
Locale: Wrocław, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- Smietana K, Mateja A, Krezel A, Otlewski J. PDZ domain from Dishevelled -- a specificity study. Acta Biochim Pol. 2011;58:243-9 pubmed
- Czyz M, Tabakow P, Jarmundowicz W, Lechowicz Głogowska B. Intraoperative magnetic resonance-guided frameless stereotactic biopsies - initial clinical experience. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2012;46:157-60 pubmed..The use of iMRI might increase the diagnostic value and safety of stereotactic biopsy and positively influence its economic balance. ..
- Miedzybrodzki R, Borysowski J, Weber Dabrowska B, Fortuna W, Letkiewicz S, Szufnarowski K, et al. Clinical aspects of phage therapy. Adv Virus Res. 2012;83:73-121 pubmed publisher..In addition, the whole complex procedure employed to obtain and characterize therapeutic phage preparations, as well as ethical aspects of PT, is discussed. ..
- Sobieszczańska B, Kasprzykowska U, Turniak M, Maciejewski H, Franiczek R, Duda Madej A. Virulence genes profiles and phylogenetic origin of Escherichia coli from acute and chronic intestinal diseases revealed by comparative genomic hybridization microarray. Pol J Microbiol. 2012;61:105-10 pubmed..The differences in gene content support the idea that the participation of E. coli in chronic intestinal diseases is mostly related to virulence potential of these strains. ..
- Struzik A, Zawadzki J. Application of force-length curve for determination of leg stiffness during a vertical jump. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2016;18:163-71 pubmed..Leg stiffness during a single vertical jump maintains a relatively constant value in the parts with a small value of acceleration. ..
- Wietecha Posłuszny R, Lendor S, Garnysz M, Zawadzki M, Kościelniak P. Human bone marrow as a tissue in post-mortem identification and determination of psychoactive Substances-Screening methodology. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:459-467 pubmed publisher..Finally the presented method is a good example of an assay that could potentially find an application in forensic analysis. ..
- Kałwak K, Ussowicz M, Gorczynska E, Toporski J, Turkiewicz D, Bogusławska Jaworska J, et al. Posttransplant adoptive immunotherapy with interleukin-2 in children suffering from neuroectodermal tumors with poor prognosis. Transplant Proc. 2002;34:665-7 pubmed
- Wikiera B, Wawro J, Noczynska A. [Precocious puberty caused by McCune-Albright syndrome in a girl aged 6 years and 9 months]. Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw. 2006;12:63-7 pubmed..Single "cafe-au-lait" spot was found on the patient skin. Scintigraphy, radiography and computed tomography scans showed fibrous dysplastic bones in the right tibia and in maxillary and sphenoid sinuses...
- Gosk J, Urban M, Rutowski R. Entrapment of the suprascapular nerve: anatomy, etiology, diagnosis, treatment. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2007;9:68-74 pubmed..Differential diagnosis should include brachial plexopathy, disorders of the cervical spine, cervical discopathy, glenohumeral pathology, tendonitis, and rotator cuff tear. Accurate diagnosis facilitates appropriate and timely treatment...
- Kosmaczewska A, Ciszak L, Potoczek S, Frydecka I. The significance of Treg cells in defective tumor immunity. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2008;56:181-91 pubmed publisher..Recent studies revealed that lymphoma T cells might adopt a Treg profile as well. Studies assessing the influence of chemotherapy on Treg cells have also been included in this review. ..
- Augoff K, Rabczynski J, Tabola R, Czapla L, Ratajczak K, Grabowski K. Immunohistochemical study of decorin expression in polyps and carcinomas of the colon. Med Sci Monit. 2008;14:CR530-5 pubmed..The expression of decorin may be involved in the differentiation of colonic polyps and reduced expression of decorin may abrogate the defensive potential of stromal tissue and promote the development of common types of colon carcinoma. ..
- Majorczyk E, Łuszczek W, Nowak I, Pawlik A, Wisniewski A, Jasek M, et al. Distribution of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genes in Poles. Int J Immunogenet. 2008;35:405-7 pubmed publisher..KIR gene frequencies in Poles are close to these in other Caucasoids but different from those in Asian and African populations, and particularly distant from those in Australian Aborigines. ..
- Matuszyk J. [The roles of orphan nuclear receptors in T-lymphocyte development in the thymus]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2009;63:522-36 pubmed
- Sobieszczańska B, Duda Madej A, Turniak M, Franiczek R, Kasprzykowska U, Duda A, et al. Invasive properties, adhesion patterns and phylogroup profiles among Escherichia coli strains isolated from children with inflammatory bowel disease. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012;21:591-9 pubmed..coli strains seems to indicate that these E. coli may represent a large group of pathogenic E. coli strains contributing to chronic intestinal disorders. ..
- Nawrot U, Pajaczkowska M, Fleischer M, Przondo Mordarska H, Samet A, Piasecka Pazik D, et al. Candidaemia in polish hospitals - a multicentre survey. Mycoses. 2013;56:576-81 pubmed publisher..Obtained data indicates that species distribution of Candida blood isolates in Polish hospitals reflects worldwide trends, particularly a decrease in the prevalence of infections due to C. albicans. ..
- Olczak M, Maszczak Seneczko D, Sosicka P, Jakimowicz P, Olczak T. UDP-Gal/UDP-GlcNAc chimeric transporter complements mutation defect in mammalian cells deficient in UDP-Gal transporter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:473-8 pubmed publisher..In a wider context, the results gained in this study add to our understanding of glycosylation, one of the basic posttranslational modifications, which affects the majority of macromolecules. ..
- Berdowska I, Zielinski B, Fecka I, Kulbacka J, Saczko J, Gamian A. Cytotoxic impact of phenolics from Lamiaceae species on human breast cancer cells. Food Chem. 2013;141:1313-21 pubmed publisher..It might be concluded that the tested phenolics exhibited more beneficial properties when they were applied in the form of extracts comprising their mixtures. ..
- Materna Kiryluk A, Wieckowska B, Wisniewska K, Czyzewska M, Godula Stuglik U, Baumert M, et al. Geospatial clustering of gastroschisis in Poland: Data from the Polish Registry of Congenital Malformations (PRCM). Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2016;29:461-70 pubmed publisher..Cluster identification enables more focused research aimed at identification of specific factors with teratogenic effects. ..
- Bocko D, Bilińska M, Dobosz T, Zołedziewska M, Suwalska K, Tutak A, et al. Lack of association between an exon 1 CTLA-4 gene polymorphism A(49)G and multiple sclerosis in a Polish population of the Lower Silesia region. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2003;51:201-5 pubmed..The distribution of CTLA-4 exon 1 A(49)G genotype, phenotype and allele frequencies did not differ between patients with MS and healthy subjects. ..
- Bogunia Kubik K, Polak M, Lange A. TNF polymorphisms are associated with toxic but not with aGVHD complications in the recipients of allogeneic sibling haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2003;32:617-22 pubmed..No relation was found between TNF polymorphic features and aGvHD incidence by either uni- or multivariable analyses. ..
- Serafinowicz E, Wasikowa R, Iwanicka Z, Jedrzejuk D. [Bone metabolism in adolescent girls with short course of anorexia nervosa]. Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw. 2003;9:67-71 pubmed..Reduction of bone mineral density is present in girls with short course of AN. Nutritional status is the most important predictor of BMD. Bone metabolism is decreased in the early stages of the disease. ..
- Gasiorowski K, Steciwko A, Grata Borkowska U, Drobnik J. The impact of neuraminidase on apoptosis in cultures of blood lymphocytes isolated from rats bearing morris hepatoma. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2004;9:389-99 pubmed..The possible mechanism of neuraminidase preventing the apoptosis of blood-circulating lymphocytes in tumour hosts is discussed herein...
- Augoff K, Taboła R, Kula J, Gosk J, Rutowski R. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGF-R) in Dupuytren's disease. J Hand Surg Br. 2005;30:570-3 pubmed..022), would suggest that EGF-R has a role in the involutional phase of the disease. ..
- Witkowska D, Masłowska E, Staniszewska M, Szostko B, Jankowski A, Gamian A. Enterobacterial 38-kDa outer membrane protein is an age-dependent molecular marker of innate immunity and immunoglobulin deficiency as results from its reactivity with IgG and IgA antibody. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006;48:205-14 pubmed..These data correlated with total IgA and IgG levels in immunoglobulin-deficient children. The results indicate that this protein may serve as an immunodiagnostic marker, but also as an antigen carrier in vaccines. ..
- Gocek E, Kiełbiński M, Baurska H, Haus O, Kutner A, Marcinkowska E. Different susceptibilities to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-induced differentiation of AML cells carrying various mutations. Leuk Res. 2010;34:649-57 pubmed publisher..The analog PRI-2191 (tacalcitol) was found to be the most potent in inducing patient's cells differentiation. ..
- Chojnacka K. Biosorption and bioaccumulation--the prospects for practical applications. Environ Int. 2010;36:299-307 pubmed publisher..Only then we would be able to control and carry out under industrial regime, so the processes would work beneficially for the environment. ..
- Okulewicz A, Buńkowska K. [Baylisascariasis--a new dangerous zoonosis]. Wiad Parazytol. 2009;55:329-34 pubmed..procyonis is relatively low. Moreover, the organism causes a severe, frequently fatal infection in humans, and no effective therapy or vaccine exists...
- Tylińska B, Jasztold Howorko R, Mastalarz H, Kłopotowska D, Filip B, Wietrzyk J. Synthesis and structure-activity relationship analysis of new olivacine derivatives. Acta Pol Pharm. 2010;67:495-502 pubmed..Eight of tested derivatives exhibited significant biological activities, which only weakly depended on side chain length and position of the substituent...
- Orczyk Pawiłowicz M, Katnik Prastowska I. Terminal monosaccharide expression on amniotic glycoproteins as biomarkers of fetus maturity. Biochem Soc Trans. 2011;39:344-8 pubmed publisher..These may have the potential of becoming additional laboratory makers in obstetrics to monitor pregnancy. ..
- Bonarska Kujawa D, Pruchnik H, Kleszczyńska H. Interaction of selected anthocyanins with erythrocytes and liposome membranes. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2012;17:289-308 pubmed publisher..Fluorimetry studies with DPH-PA proved that the tested anthocyanins are very effective antioxidants. The antioxidant activity of the compounds was comparable with the activity of Trolox®. ..
- Kotschy M, Witkiewicz W, Grendziak R, Dubis J, Zapotoczny N, Kotschy D. Selected clotting factors in blood of patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms. Kardiol Pol. 2012;70:574-9 pubmed..Increased concentrations of TF and TAT complexes indicate on high thrombin-generation, hypercoagulability and formation in abdominal aortic aneurysm of intraluminal thrombus, which can induce proteolytic processes in aortic wall. ..
- Gorski A, Miedzybrodzki R, Borysowski J, Dabrowska K, Wierzbicki P, Ohams M, et al. Phage as a modulator of immune responses: practical implications for phage therapy. Adv Virus Res. 2012;83:41-71 pubmed publisher..These topics are presented based on the results of experimental studies and unique data on immunomodulatory effects found in patients with bacterial infections treated with phage preparations. ..
- Kuzniar T, Morgenthaler T. Treatment of complex sleep apnea syndrome. Chest. 2012;142:1049-1057 pubmed publisher..Future research should focus on defining outcomes in patients with CompSAS and allow for more accurate tailoring of therapy to the pathophysiology present in the individual patient. ..
- Wolny M, Wróblewska A, Machnicka B, Sikorski A. [Spectrin--variety of functions hidden in the structure]. Postepy Biochem. 2012;58:245-54 pubmed..We focus our interest on lately published structural data and we make an attempt to combine these findings with possible physiological functions. ..
- Wołowiec P, Michalak I, Chojnacka K, Mikulewicz M. Hair analysis in health assessment. Clin Chim Acta. 2013;419:139-71 pubmed publisher..However, it seems that there is a need to standardize sample preparation procedures, in particular washing and mineralization methods. ..
- Pawelec M, Pałczyński B, Krzemieniewska J, Karmowski M, Koryś J, Latkowski K, et al. Initiation of preterm labor. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013;22:283-8 pubmed..This stimulus works via feedback through placental hormones and through substances present in the fetal membranes, ultimately leading to functional progesterone withdrawal (FPW), thus leaving the uterus sensitive to contractive factors. ..
- Seliga J, Bielska K, Wieczorek E, Orłowski M, Niedenthal R, Ozyhar A. Multidomain sumoylation of the ecdysone receptor (EcR) from Drosophila melanogaster. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;138:162-73 pubmed publisher..The isoform-specificity of sumoylation may explain the differences in the transcriptional activity of EcR isoforms. ..
- Pawlak A, Obminska Mrukowicz B, Rapak A. [The dog as a model for comparative studies of lymphoma and leukemia in humans]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2013;67:471-80 pubmed publisher..The cooperation between human and veterinary oncologists gives the opportunity to use the dog as a model for the study of certain types of cancers presenting a challenge for modern medicine. ..
- Maszczak Seneczko D, Sosicka P, Olczak T, Jakimowicz P, Majkowski M, Olczak M. UDP-N-acetylglucosamine transporter (SLC35A3) regulates biosynthesis of highly branched N-glycans and keratan sulfate. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21850-60 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that NGT may specifically supply ?-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyl-transferase 7 (?3GnT7), Mgat5, and possibly mannosyl (?-1,3-)-glycoprotein ?-1,4-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (Mgat4) with UDP-GlcNAc. ..
- Hryniewicz Jankowska A, Augoff K, Biernatowska A, Podkalicka J, Sikorski A. Membrane rafts as a novel target in cancer therapy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1845:155-65 pubmed publisher..Examples of known synthetic and naturally occurring substances that are known to affect lateral membrane organization in tumor cell growth are discussed as potential or actual therapeutics. ..
- Wisniewski J, Wesołowska O, Sroda Pomianek K, Paprocka M, Bielawska Pohl A, Krawczenko A, et al. Euphorbia Species-derived Diterpenes and Coumarins as Multidrug Resistance Modulators in Human Colon Carcinoma Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2259-64 pubmed..The structure of latilagascene B seems to be an interesting candidate for further synthesis of new derivatives of reduced cytotoxicity and high anti-MDR potency. ..
- Streit S, Verschoor M, Rodondi N, Bonfim D, Burman R, Collins C, et al. Variation in GP decisions on antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old and frail individuals across 29 countries. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:93 pubmed publisher..Future hypertension trials should also include frail patients to acquire evidence on the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old patients with frailty, with the aim to get evidence-based data for clinical decision-making. ..
- Kutkowska J, Porebska I, Rapak A. Non-small cell lung cancer - mutations, targeted and combination therapy. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2017;71:431-445 pubmed..This paper describes the mutations occurring in NSCLC and drugs used in clinical practice as well as being in preclinical development. ..
- Barczyk Pawelec K, Dziubek W, Piechura J, Rozek K. Correlations between somatic features, anteroposterior spinal curvatures and trunk muscle strength in schoolchildren. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:133-139 pubmed..Somatic features indicated stronger correlation with trunk muscles' strength than with the size of the anteroposterior spinal curves. ..
- Kuzniar J, Porazko T, Klinger M. Relationship between fetuin-A concentration, elevated levels of inflammatory markers, and arterial wall stiffness in end-stage kidney disease. J Ren Nutr. 2008;18:83-6 pubmed..The arterial-stiffening process was unaffected by the Ca x P product, but occurred independent of elevated interleukin-6 levels. ..
- Patkowski D, Apoznanski W, Szydełko T, Jaworski W, Smigiel R. Bladder agenesis in a male neonate. J Pediatr Surg. 2008;43:e1-3 pubmed publisher..This is a case report of a male patient with several congenital anomalies including penoscrotal transposition, severe kidney's dysplasia, and agenesis of the bladder. The patient lived for 4 months and died because of severe pneumonia...
- Adamiec Mroczek J, Oficjalska Młyńczak J, Misiuk Hojło M. Proliferative diabetic retinopathy-The influence of diabetes control on the activation of the intraocular molecule system. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009;84:46-50 pubmed publisher..A significant positive correlation of VCAM-1 increase in the vitreous with HbA(1)c is an important argument for the influence of diabetes on immuno-inflammatory activation in the retinal microcirculation. ..
- Kassolik K, Jaskólska A, Kisiel Sajewicz K, Marusiak J, Kawczynski A, Jaskólski A. Tensegrity principle in massage demonstrated by electro- and mechanomyography. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2009;13:164-70 pubmed publisher..It also has a practical importance, because it provides a means for a physiotherapist to influence adverse muscle tension by massaging another distant muscle. ..
- Wesołowska O, Wisniewski J, Sroda K, Krawczenko A, Bielawska Pohl A, Paprocka M, et al. 8-Prenylnaringenin is an inhibitor of multidrug resistance-associated transporters, P-glycoprotein and MRP1. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;644:32-40 pubmed publisher..To our best knowledge, this is the first report of 8-prenylnaringenin interaction with clinically important ABC transporters. ..
- Zyśko D, Sokalski L, Gajek J, Loboz Grudzien K. Syncope cluster in a patient with vasovagal history. Kardiol Pol. 2010;68:1181-2 pubmed..Recordings showed sinus rhythm slowing for 12 s and then sinus arrest lasting for 29 s. A thorough clinical examination revealed no relevant abnormalities. The patient was treated with a permanent pacemaker implantation...
- Jankowska E, Szklarska A, Lipowicz A, Lopuszanska M, Koziel S, Bielicki T. Inter-generation social mobility modifies framingham risk score in Polish middle-aged men, but not in women. J Biosoc Sci. 2008;40:401-12 pubmed..The precise mechanisms responsible for the observed sex difference in this phenomenon need to be established in further studies. ..
- Sorokowski P. Attractiveness of blonde women in evolutionary perspective: studies with two Polish samples. Percept Mot Skills. 2008;106:737-44 pubmed..In a second study (the analysis of 500 Internet advertisements) mature women dyed their hair blonde more frequently. These results are analyzed with regard to the evolutionarily formed male preference for younger females. ..
- Mikulewicz M, Chojnacka K, Zielinska A, Michalak I. Exposure to metals from orthodontic appliances by hair mineral analysis. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;32:10-6 pubmed publisher..Multiple regression analysis showed the dependence of Ni content (dependent variable) on the level of Co and Mg (synergism) and V (antagonism). ..
- Gocek E, Kiełbiński M, Marcinkowska E. Activation of intracellular signaling pathways is necessary for an increase in VDR expression and its nuclear translocation. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:1751-7 pubmed..We also show that the cytosolic portion of VDR in leukemia cells is localized in the vicinity of the plasma membrane, close to the F-actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Inglot M, Pawlowski T, Szymczak A, Malyszczak K, Zalewska M, Radkowski M. Replication of hepatitis C virus in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with pegylated interferon alpha and ribavirin. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2013;67:186-91 pubmed..03). Presence of negative HCV RNA strand in PBMCs before treatment may be suggested as a potential marker of good treatment response. Detection of negative strand at the end of therapy is a predictor of relapse. ..
- Masalski M, Kipiński L, Grysiński T, Krecicki T. Hearing Tests on Mobile Devices: Evaluation of the Reference Sound Level by Means of Biological Calibration. J Med Internet Res. 2016;18:e130 pubmed publisher..Moreover, due to a relatively small deviation of the reference sound level for devices of the same model, it is feasible to conduct hearing screening on devices calibrated with the predefined reference sound level. ..
- Macegoniuk K, Grela E, Biernat M, Psurski M, Gościniak G, Dziełak A, et al. Aminophosphinates against Helicobacter pylori ureolysis-Biochemical and whole-cell inhibition characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182437 pubmed publisher..pylori J99. The cytotoxicity of nine structurally varied inhibitors was evaluated against four normal human cell lines and was found to be negligible...
- Porazko T, Kuzniar J, Kusztal M, Kuzniar T, Weyde W, Kuriata Kordek M, et al. Increased aortic wall stiffness associated with low circulating fetuin A and high C-reactive protein in predialysis patients. Nephron Clin Pract. 2009;113:c81-7 pubmed publisher..Age is the principal determinant of arterial wall stiffness also in CKD patients. The acceleration of arterial wall stiffness in CKD is associated with additional factors, i.e. fetuin A deficiency and higher CRP and IL-6. ..
- Jutel M, Akdis C. Immunological mechanisms of allergen-specific immunotherapy. Allergy. 2011;66:725-32 pubmed publisher..This review aims at the better understanding of the observed immunological changes associated with allergen SIT. ..
- Masalski M, Krecicki T. Self-test web-based pure-tone audiometry: validity evaluation and measurement error analysis. J Med Internet Res. 2013;15:e71 pubmed publisher..In the future, modifications of the method leading to the decrease in measurement error can broaden the scope of Web-based pure-tone audiometry application. ..
- Krop Watorek A, Laskowska A, Salwa J, Kłopocki A, Grunert F, Ugorski M. CEA-related proteins on human urothelial cell lines of different transformation grades. Cancer Lett. 1999;139:15-22 pubmed
- Szepietowski J, Wasik F, Szybejko Machaj G, Bieniek A, Schwartz R. Brooke-Spiegler syndrome. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2001;15:346-9 pubmed
- Orendorz Fraczkowska K, Jaworska M, Gawron W, Badowski R. Middle-ear ceruminous adenoma as a rare cause of hearing loss and vertigo: case reports. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2005;32:393-7 pubmed..The clinical features, intraoperative findings, and histological and radiological findings are presented. The cases are compared to those described in the literature...
- Orczyk Pawiłowicz M, Floriański J, Zalewski J, Katnik Prastowska I. Relative amounts of sialic acid and fucose of amniotic fluid glycoconjugates in relation to pregnancy age. Glycoconj J. 2005;22:433-42 pubmed..Additionally, a determination of the glycotope expressions might be helpful in prenatal diagnosis as predictor factors for well being of mother and child. ..
- Gosk J, Rutowski R, Reichert P, Rabczynski J. Radiation-induced brachial plexus neuropathy - aetiopathogenesis, risk factors, differential diagnostics, symptoms and treatment. Folia Neuropathol. 2007;45:26-30 pubmed..It ought to be emphasized that complications of radiation therapy sometimes occur many years after treatment and this may create difficulties in initial diagnostics. ..
- Biegus J, Zymlinski R, Sokolski M, Nawrocka S, Siwołowski P, Szachniewicz J, et al. Liver function tests in patients with acute heart failure. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2012;122:471-9 pubmed..Abnormal LFTs are common in patients with AHF and may have prognostic relevance. Among them, only elevated bilirubin was correlated with impaired hemodynamic parameters. ..
- Katnik I, Gerber J, Dobryszycka W. Microheterogeneity of alpha 1-acid glycoprotein in the sera of patients with cancer or inflammatory states of the ovaries. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 1988;36:1-6 pubmed..In the fourth stage cancer the distribution of Con A-dependent fractions 1, 3 and 4 was significantly different as compared with control, second stage cancer and inflammatory groups. ..
- Dziegiel P, Dolilńska Krajewska B, Dumanska M, Wecławek J, Jeleń M, Podhorska Okołów M, et al. Coexpression of CD1a, langerin and Birbeck's granules in Langerhans cell histiocytoses (LCH) in children: ultrastructural and immunocytochemical studies. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2007;45:21-5 pubmed..Also in all examined biopsies the expression of S-100 protein on inflammatory cells was found. The results corroborate the usefulness of immunocytochemical studies on CD 1 a and langerin expression in diagnosis of LCH. ..
- Miedzybrodzki R, Fortuna W, Weber Dabrowska B, Gorski A. Phage therapy of staphylococcal infections (including MRSA) may be less expensive than antibiotic treatment. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2007;61:461-5 pubmed..We now present data showing that efficient phage therapy of staphylococcal infections is no longer a treatment of last resort (when all antibiotics fail), but allows for significant savings in the costs of healthcare. ..
- Adamiec J, Oficjalska Młyńczak J. [Contribution of selected cellular adhesion molecules and proinflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of proliferative diabetic retinopathy]. Przegl Lek. 2007;64:389-92 pubmed..The research was a source of evidence which highlighted the necessity of optimal metabolic control of the disease in the prevention of vascular complications of diabetes. ..
- Siednienko J, Nowak J, Moynagh P, Gorczyca W. Nitric oxide affects IL-6 expression in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells involving cGMP-dependent modulation of NF-?B activity. Cytokine. 2011;54:282-8 pubmed publisher..These observations show that NO, depending on its concentration, may act in human PBMCs as a stimulator of IL-6 expression involving the sGC/cGMP/PKG pathway. ..
- Szczot M, Czyzewska M, Appendino G, Mozrzymas J. Modulation of GABAergic synaptic currents and current responses by ?-thujone and dihydroumbellulone. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:622-9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, 2 caused only a weak or negligible effect on GABAergic currents, supporting the effects of 1a on GABAergic inhibition as being due to specific interactions with GABA(A)Rs. ..
- Maciejczyk A, Szelachowska J, Czapiga B, Matkowski R, Hałoń A, Gyorffy B, et al. Elevated BUBR1 expression is associated with poor survival in early breast cancer patients: 15-year follow-up analysis. J Histochem Cytochem. 2013;61:330-9 pubmed publisher..Elevated BUBR1 expression was associated with poor survival in early stage breast cancer patients. ..
- Kawczynski A, Mroczek D, Frackiewicz A, Chmura P, Becella L, Samani A, et al. Effects of two recovery procedures after a football game on sensory and biochemical markers. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2014;54:394-402 pubmed..05). None of the recovery methods had an influence on Mb concentration. The present study points towards a potent effect of delayed onset muscle soreness reduction training on recovery after a football game. ..
- Zabłocka A, Janusz M, Macała J, Lisowski J. A proline-rich polypeptide complex (PRP) isolated from ovine colostrum. Modulation of H2O2 and cytokine induction in human leukocytes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2007;7:981-8 pubmed..The regulatory effect of the PRP on the innate immunity may shed some light on understanding the beneficial effects of this polypeptide complex in AD patients. ..
- Rydlewska A, Ponikowska B, Borodulin Nadzieja L, Banasiak W, Jankowska E, Ponikowski P. [Assessment of chemoreflex involved in reflex cardio-respiratory control]. Przegl Lek. 2011;68:179-83 pubmed
- Kulbacka J, Pucek A, Kotulska M, DubiÅ„ska Magiera M, Rossowska J, Rols M, et al. Electroporation and lipid nanoparticles with cyanine IR-780 and flavonoids as efficient vectors to enhanced drug delivery in colon cancer. Bioelectrochemistry. 2016;110:19-31 pubmed publisher..In this study, the efficacy of nanoparticles with mixed cargo, additionally enhanced by electroporation, is demonstrated to act as an anticancer modality to eliminate cancer cells. ..
- Gabrielska J, Oszmianski J, Zyłka R, Komorowska M. Antioxidant activity of flavones from Scutellaria baicalensis in lecithin liposomes. Z Naturforsch C. 1997;52:817-23 pubmed
- Kucharski W, Kosmala W, Silber M, Poręba R, Zych B, Zembala M. [Thrombocytopenia and disseminated intravascular coagulation in a patient with left atrial myxoma--a case report]. Kardiol Pol. 2003;59:421-4 pubmed..Deterioration of heart failure was complicated by pneumonia and worsening of disseminated intravascular coagulation. Therapeutic challenges related to patient's religious beliefs are discussed. ..
- Borkowski J, Gmyrek G, Madej J, Nowacki W, Goluda M, Gabrys M, et al. Serum and peritoneal evaluation of vitamin D-binding protein in women with endometriosis. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2008;62:103-9 pubmed
- Barg E. [Roles of PPARs in the origin of metabolic disturbances in children with low birth weight (below 2500 g)]. Pediatr Endocrinol Diabetes Metab. 2009;15:108-13 pubmed
- Skórkowska Telichowska K, Czemplik M, Kulma A, Szopa J. The local treatment and available dressings designed for chronic wounds. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;68:e117-e126 pubmed publisher..There is also a brief section on the use of other alternative wound-healing accelerators, such as platelet-rich plasma and light-emitting diode therapy. ..
- Podkowik M, Park J, Seo K, Bystron J, Bania J. Enterotoxigenic potential of coagulase-negative staphylococci. Int J Food Microbiol. 2013;163:34-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, the importance of pathogenic potential of CNS as a source of staphylococcal enterotoxins has been highlighted in human and animal infections as well as in food poisoning. ..
- Orczyk Pawiłowicz M, Hirnle L, Katnik Prastowska I. The expression of fucose isoforms of amniotic and plasma alpha-1-acid glycoprotein derived from 2nd and 3rd trimester normal pregnancies. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:1517-23 pubmed publisher..They have the potential of becoming laboratory markers in obstetrics to monitor pregnancy. ..
- Dziegiel P, Owczarek T, Plazuk E, Gomułkiewicz A, Majchrzak M, Podhorska Okołów M, et al. Ceramide galactosyltransferase (UGT8) is a molecular marker of breast cancer malignancy and lung metastases. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:524-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that UGT8 is a significant index of tumour aggressiveness and a potential marker for the prognostic evaluation of lung metastases in breast cancer. ..
- Orczyk Pawiłowicz M, Hirnle L, Katnik Prastowska I. High expression of ?1,2- AND ?1,6-linked fucoses on amniotic AGP as a biomarker of fetal postmaturity risk. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2011;32:103-13 pubmed publisher..The over-fucosylation of amniotic AGP may be considered a biochemical marker to monitor pregnancies and predict postmature syndrome complications in newborns, especially in pregnancies ending after 41 weeks. ..
- Konieczny G, Morasiewicz P, Kuciel N. The effects of an early intrahospital rehabilitation on weight bearing during lower extremity lengthening with Ilizarov method. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:59-64 pubmed..In spite of strict physiotherapy regimen, patients are neither able to equally distribute their body weight between the two lower limbs nor to shift their body weight to the limb equipped with Ilizarov apparatus. ..