Experts and Doctors on humans in Nablus, West Bank, Palestinian Territory
Locale: Nablus, West Bank, Palestinian Territory
- Adwan K, Abu Hasan N. Gentamicin resistance in clinical strains of Enterobacteriaceae associated with reduced gentamicin uptake. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 1998;43:438-40 pubmed..5 microgram/mL). These strains are likely resistant due to a relative reduction of the amount of gentamicin and other aminoglycosides entering the bacterial cell. Two strains showed evidence of adenyltransferase ANT(2")-I activity. ..
- Sweileh W. A prospective comparative study of gentamicin- and amikacin-induced nephrotoxicity in patients with normal baseline renal function. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2009;23:515-20 pubmed publisher..In patients with initial normal renal function, GM was significantly more nephrotoxic than AK. Multiple dosing of GM was more nephrotoxic than single dosing. AK-induced nephrotoxicity was not significantly dependent on dosing frequency. ..
- Sweileh W, Janem S, Sawalha A, Abu Taha A, Zyoud S, Sabri I, et al. Medication dosing errors in hospitalized patients with renal impairment: a study in Palestine. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007;16:908-12 pubmed..In our study, a wide range of dosing errors was common among patients with renal impairment that was common during hospitalization. Continued medical education in the field of clinical pharmacokinetics is important for physicians. ..
- Shawahna R. Pediatric Biopharmaceutical Classification System: Using Age-Appropriate Initial Gastric Volume. AAPS J. 2016;18:728-36 pubmed publisher..Pediatric biopharmaceutics are not fully understood where several knowledge gaps have been recently emphasized. The current biowaiver criteria are not suitable for safe application in all pediatric populations. ..
- Darwazeh R, Liu Q, Deng L, Xia J, Elzain M, Darwazeh M, et al. Surgical Intervention for Unstable Craniovertebral Junction Anomalies with Narrow C2 Pedicle. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:647-654 pubmed publisher..This novel surgical technique is safe, feasible, and effective for the treatment of unstable craniovertebral junction anomalies with a narrow C2 pedicle. ..
- Sweileh W. Global research trends of World Health Organization's top eight emerging pathogens. Global Health. 2017;13:9 pubmed publisher..Contribution of a large number of different countries and the relatively high h-index are indicative of how international collaboration can create common health agenda among distant different countries. ..
- Shraim N, Shawahna R, Sorady M, Aiesh B, Alashqar G, Jitan R, et al. Community pharmacists' knowledge, practices and beliefs about complementary and alternative medicine in Palestine: a cross-sectional study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:429 pubmed publisher..Although their knowledge scores were fair to average, pharmacists still need more education and training about CAM in order to be more qualified to provide better pharmaceutical care and improve their patient's outcome. ..
- Hussein A, Darwish H, Shelbayeh K. Association between factor V Leiden mutation and poor pregnancy outcomes among Palestinian women. Thromb Res. 2010;126:e78-82 pubmed publisher..The odds ratio for the primary aborters was 75 and p<0.0001. In conclusion, these results provide evidence for a significant correlation between recurrent miscarriages and Factor V mutation in our population. ..
- Zaid A, Jaradat N, Eid A, Al Zabadi H, Alkaiyat A, Darwish S. Ethnopharmacological survey of home remedies used for treatment of hair and scalp and their methods of preparation in the West Bank-Palestine. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:355 pubmed publisher..A combined scientific effort between informants and the scientific community, working in this field, may help in the discovery of new cosmetics, cosmeceutical and nutraceutical products. ..
- Al Jawabreh A, Ereqat S, Dumaidi K, Nasereddin A, Al Jawabreh H, Azmi K, et al. The clinical burden of human cystic echinococcosis in Palestine, 2010-2015. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005717 pubmed publisher..This study emphasizes the need for a stringent surveillance system and risk assessment studies in the rural areas of high incidence as a prerequisite for control measures. ..
- Qaddumi J, Nazzal Z, Yacoup A, Mansour M. Quality of death notification forms in North West Bank/Palestine: a descriptive study. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:154 pubmed publisher..As well, we recommend reviewing the national DNFs to simplify it and make it consistent with updated evidence-based guidelines and recommendation. ..
- Shawahna R, Jaradat N. Ethnopharmacological survey of medicinal plants used by patients with psoriasis in the West Bank of Palestine. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..More randomized clinical trials are needed to demonstrate safety and efficacy for the majority of these medicinal plants reported to be used by patients with psoriasis in Palestine. ..
- Daralammouri Y, Ayoub K, Badrieh N, Lauer B. A hybrid approach for quantifying aortic valve stenosis using impedance cardiography and echocardiography. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:19 pubmed publisher..33 to 0.37. The hybrid method using impedance cardiography and TTE is a reasonable, clinically applicable approach to evaluate AVA and has significant correlation to invasive measurement using the Gorlin equation. ..
- Al Zabadi H, Ferrari L, Sari Minodier I, Kerautret M, Tiberguent A, Paris C, et al. Integrated exposure assessment of sewage workers to genotoxicants: an urinary biomarker approach and oxidative stress evaluation. Environ Health. 2011;10:23 pubmed publisher..We aimed to explore integrated urinary biomarkers, assessing the overall urine genotoxicity by in vitro comet and micronucleus assays and measuring urinary 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine...
- Jamous R, Sweileh W, Abu Taha A, Sawalha A, Zyoud S, Morisky D. Adherence and satisfaction with oral hypoglycemic medications: a pilot study in Palestine. Int J Clin Pharm. 2011;33:942-8 pubmed publisher..2), number of hypoglycemic medications (P = 0.5) or SE satisfaction domain (P = 0.2). The majority of diabetic patients in this pilot study were non-adherent. Improving patients' treatment satisfaction will improve treatment adherence. ..
- Ali Shtayeh M, Jamous R, Jamous R. Herbal preparation use by patients suffering from cancer in Palestine. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2011;17:235-40 pubmed publisher..Family member's recommendation was cited as the main factor prompting participants to use CAM (43.5%). This study revealed that there is an appreciable prevalence of herbal use among patients with cancer in Palestine. ..
- Jaradat N, Shawahna R, Eid A, Al Ramahi R, Asma M, Zaid A. Herbal remedies use by breast cancer patients in the West Bank of Palestine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:1-8 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials and pharmacological tests are required to be established for the presence of side effects, toxicity and efficacy for these herbal remedies. ..
- Ali Shtayeh M, Jamous R, Jamous R, Salameh N. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among hypertensive patients in Palestine. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2013;19:256-63 pubmed publisher..The use of CAM, particularly herbal therapies for hypertension treatment, is highly prevalent in Palestine. ..
- Al Khatib I, Al Zabadi H, Saffarini G. Radon in harvested rainwater at the household level, Palestine. J Environ Radioact. 2017;169-170:192-196 pubmed publisher..14 ± 0.06 Bq/L. The estimated annual effective radiation doses for babies, children and adults were all far below the maximum limit of 5 mSvy-1 set by the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements. ..
- Sweileh W, Sawalha A, Rinno T, Zyoud S, Al Jabi S. Optimal dosing of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in patients with chronic heart failure: a cross-sectional study in Palestine. Ann Saudi Med. 2009;29:119-22 pubmed..Since there is an abundance of evidence in favor of using high-dose ACE inhibitor therapy in patients with CHF, physicians need to be educated about proper dosing of these agents. ..
- Al Ramahi R, Jaradat N, Adawi D. Use of herbal medicines during pregnancy in a group of Palestinian women. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;150:79-84 pubmed publisher..Not all women tell their doctors about herbal products use, so the physicians are recommended to ask pregnant women about this to avoid any possible negative outcomes on the mother or the fetus. ..
- Sawalha A. Deliberate self-poisoning: a study from Nablus. Int J Adolesc Med Health. 2012;24:373-7 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate deliberate self-poisoning in the Palestinian Authority...
- Shawahna R, Taha A. Which potential harms and benefits of using ginger in the management of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy should be addressed? a consensual study among pregnant women and gynecologists. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:204 pubmed publisher..Further studies are still needed to investigate what is being addressed during clinical consultations. ..
- Adwan K, Jarrar N, Abu Hijleh A, Adwan G, Awwad E, Salameh Y. Molecular analysis and susceptibility patterns of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains causing community- and health care-associated infections in the northern region of Palestine. Am J Infect Control. 2013;41:195-8 pubmed publisher..This emphasizes the need for implementation of a revised set of control measures in both settings. Moreover, the rational prescription of appropriate antibiotics should also be considered. ..
- Sawalha A, Sweileh W, Tufaha M, Al Jabi D. Analysis of the pattern of acute poisoning in patients admitted to a governmental hospital in Palestine. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2010;107:914-8 pubmed publisher..Awareness campaigns should be held about potentially toxic materials in the region, and methods of poison prevention should be spread among the public...
- Jaradat N, Zaid A, Al Ramahi R, Alqub M, Hussein F, Hamdan Z, et al. Ethnopharmacological survey of medicinal plants practiced by traditional healers and herbalists for treatment of some urological diseases in the West Bank/Palestine. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:255 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials and pharmacological tests are required evaluate safety and efficacy of these herbal remedies. ..
- Ali Shtayeh M, Jamous R, Al Shafie J, Elgharabah W, Kherfan F, Qarariah K, et al. Traditional knowledge of wild edible plants used in Palestine (Northern West Bank): a comparative study. J Ethnobiol Ethnomed. 2008;4:13 pubmed publisher..These are among the areas in the PA whose rural inhabitants primarily subsisted on agriculture and therefore still preserve the traditional knowledge on wild edible plants...
- Jaradat N, Al Ramahi R, Zaid A, Ayesh O, Eid A. Ethnopharmacological survey of herbal remedies used for treatment of various types of cancer and their methods of preparations in the West Bank-Palestine. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:93 pubmed publisher..Moreover, scientists must explore the most suitable method of extraction, formulation and dose determination in order to achieve the best benefits from these herbals. ..