Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
- Hurem S, Gomes T, Brede D, Lindbo Hansen E, Mutoloki S, Fernandez C, et al. Parental gamma irradiation induces reprotoxic effects accompanied by genomic instability in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Environ Res. 2017;159:564-578 pubmed publisher..The results therefore highlight the necessity for multi- and transgenerational studies to assess the environmental impact of gamma radiation. ..
- Fraser T, Khezri A, Jusdado J, Lewandowska Sabat A, Henry T, Ropstad E. Toxicant induced behavioural aberrations in larval zebrafish are dependent on minor methodological alterations. Toxicol Lett. 2017;276:62-68 pubmed publisher..As such, our results have significant consequences for human and environmental risk assessment. ..
- Andersen I, Lindeman L, Reiner A, Østrup O, Aanes H, Alestrom P, et al. Epigenetic marking of the zebrafish developmental program. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2013;104:85-112 pubmed publisher..From these observations, a concept of epigenetic prepatterning of the embryonic gene expression program prior to the onset of ZGA is emerging. The recent data collectively start shedding light on how ZGA may be programmed and regulated...
- Lindeman L, Reiner A, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Tiling histone H3 lysine 4 and 27 methylation in zebrafish using high-density microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15651 pubmed publisher..We have designed and validated for the scientific community a comprehensive high-resolution tiling microarray for investigations of epigenetic states in zebrafish, a widely used developmental and disease model organism. ..
- Andersen I, Ostrup O, Lindeman L, Aanes H, Reiner A, Mathavan S, et al. Epigenetic complexity during the zebrafish mid-blastula transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:1139-44 pubmed publisher..Thus enrichment in trimethylated H3K9 or H3K27 is associated with local remodeling of chromatin manifested by changes in H3K4me3 density. We propose that metagenes can provide information on the multivalency of chromatin sates...
- Aanes H, Winata C, Lin C, Chen J, Srinivasan K, Lee S, et al. Zebrafish mRNA sequencing deciphers novelties in transcriptome dynamics during maternal to zygotic transition. Genome Res. 2011;21:1328-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data constitute a useful genomic information and valuable transcriptome resource for gene discovery and for understanding the mechanisms of early embryogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Lindeman L, Winata C, Aanes H, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Chromatin states of developmentally-regulated genes revealed by DNA and histone methylation patterns in zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:803-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that differentially expressed embryonic genes are regulated by various patterns of histone modifications on unmethylated DNA, which create a developmentally permissive chromatin state. ..
- Nourizadeh Lillabadi R, Lyche J, Almaas C, Stavik B, Moe S, Aleksandersen M, et al. Transcriptional regulation in liver and testis associated with developmental and reproductive effects in male zebrafish exposed to natural mixtures of persistent organic pollutants (POP). J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009;72:112-30 pubmed publisher..The effects observed in the experimental zebrafish model raise the question of whether chemical pollution represents a risk to the reproductive health of wild fish inhabiting the freshwater system. ..
- Collas P, Alestrom P. Nuclear localization signals enhance germline transmission of a transgene in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 1998;7:303-9 pubmed..In addition, high-resolution FISH analysis of transgenic F1s reveals that the use of NLS increases the number of distinct transgene integration sites along chromatin fibres. ..