Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- Lunde P, Dahlstedt A, Bruton J, Lannergren J, Thoren P, Sejersted O, et al. Contraction and intracellular Ca(2+) handling in isolated skeletal muscle of rats with congestive heart failure. Circ Res. 2001;88:1299-305 pubmed..These impairments seem to mainly involve structures surrounding the muscle cells and sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) pumps, the dysfunction of which becomes obvious during fatigue. ..
- Sorbo J, Moe S, Ottersen O, Holen T. The molecular composition of square arrays. Biochemistry. 2008;47:2631-7 pubmed publisher..The visualization AQP4 square arrays by a rapid, biochemical assay provides new insight in the molecular organization of square arrays and gives further proof of the heterogeneity of AQP4 square arrays in vivo. ..
- Utvik J, Haglerød C, Mylonakou M, Holen T, Kropf M, Hirling H, et al. Neuronal enriched endosomal protein of 21 kDa colocalizes with glutamate receptor subunit GLUR2/3 at the postsynaptic membrane. Neuroscience. 2009;158:96-104 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with a role for NEEP21 in facilitating vesicular transport of GluR2 between intracellular compartments and the postsynaptic plasma membrane. ..
- Hassel B, Taubøll E, Shaw R, Gjerstad L, Dingledine R. Region-specific changes in gene expression in rat brain after chronic treatment with levetiracetam or phenytoin. Epilepsia. 2010;51:1714-20 pubmed publisher..Regional effects on gene expression could reflect regional differences in molecular targets of AEDs, and they could influence the clinical profiles of AEDs. ..
- Stuenaes J, Bolling A, Ingvaldsen A, Rommundstad C, Sudar E, Lin F, et al. Beta-adrenoceptor stimulation potentiates insulin-stimulated PKB phosphorylation in rat cardiomyocytes via cAMP and PKA. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:116-29 pubmed publisher..beta-adrenoceptors are strong regulators of PKB phosphorylation via cAMP and PKA when insulin is present. We hypothesize that PKB mediates important signalling in the heart during beta-adrenergic receptors stimulation. ..
- Skarpen E, Oksvold M, Grøsvik H, Widnes C, Huitfeldt H. Altered regulation of EGF receptor signaling following a partial hepatectomy. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:707-16 pubmed..This may be a pre-replicative competence event that increases growth factor effects during G1 progression. ..
- Kveberg L, Ryan J, Rolstad B, Inngjerdingen M. Expression of regulator of G protein signalling proteins in natural killer cells, and their modulation by Ly49A and Ly49D. Immunology. 2005;115:358-65 pubmed..These findings suggest that RGS proteins may be influenced by or involved in NK cell receptor events, suggesting a crosstalk between G-protein coupled receptors and NK cell receptors. ..
- Hafte T, Fagereng G, Prydz K, Grøndahl F, Tveit H. Protein core-dependent glycosaminoglycan modification and glycosaminoglycan-dependent polarized sorting in epithelial Madin-Darby canine kidney cells. Glycobiology. 2011;21:457-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, these differences are coded by elements outside the GAG attachment domain. ..
- Bugge H. Morphometry of mitochondria in ovine forestomach epithelia: high densities of mitochondria correlate with specialised metabolic activity. J Anat. 1985;143:65-70 pubmed..The higher values found for both parameters in all forestomach regions are thought to be correlated with the special metabolic activity known to take place in these epithelia. ..
- Sorensen D, Leirdal M, Iversen P, Sioud M. Combination of endostatin and a protein kinase Calpha DNA enzyme improves the survival of rats with malignant glioma. Neoplasia. 2002;4:474-9 pubmed..0009) or endostatin (P<.025) alone. Thus, the combined treatment may represent an attractive therapeutic strategy against malignant gliomas. ..
- Moe M, Bains R, Vinje M, Larsen G, Kampenhaug E, Berg Johnsen J. Sevoflurane depolarizes pre-synaptic mitochondria in the central nervous system. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2004;48:562-8 pubmed..Sevoflurane depolarizes DeltaPsi(m) in rat synaptosomes, and the effect is not dependent on Ca(2+)-influx to the cytosol. Opening of mitoK(ATP) is partly responsible for the depolarizing effect of sevoflurane. ..
- Munkvik M, Lunde P, Aronsen J, Birkeland J, Sjaastad I, Sejersted O. Attenuated fatigue in slow twitch skeletal muscle during isotonic exercise in rats with chronic heart failure. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22695 pubmed publisher..This observation is in striking contrast to previous reports which have employed isometric contractions to induce fatigue. ..
- Woldbaek P, Sande J, Strømme T, Lunde P, Djurovic S, Lyberg T, et al. Daily administration of interleukin-18 causes myocardial dysfunction in healthy mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H708-14 pubmed..Finally, induction of myocardial hypertrophy by IL-18 indicates a role for this cytokine in myocardial remodeling. ..
- Nestvold J, Omdal B, Dai K, Martens A, Benestad H, Vaage J, et al. A second prophylactic MHC-mismatched bone marrow transplantation protects against rat acute myeloid leukemia (BNML) without lethal graft-versus-host disease. Transplantation. 2008;85:102-11 pubmed publisher..A second prophylactic transplantation influenced the degree of T-cell chimerism to balance favorably between GVL and GVHD. If applicable to humans, repeated alloBMT may provide a novel approach to leukemia therapy. ..
- Lekva T, Berg J, Lyle R, Heck A, Ringstad G, Olstad O, et al. Epithelial splicing regulator protein 1 and alternative splicing in somatotroph adenomas. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3331-43 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that ESRP1 in somatotroph adenomas regulates transcripts that may be essential in the EMT progression and in the response to somatostatin analog treatment. ..
- Malerød L, Juvet K, Gjøen T, Berg T. The expression of scavenger receptor class B, type I (SR-BI) and caveolin-1 in parenchymal and nonparenchymal liver cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;307:173-80 pubmed..Caveolin-1 was not detected in PC but was found in both LEC and KC. This led to the suggestion that caveolin-1 may be more important in the efflux of cholesterol than in the selective uptake of cholesterol in the liver. ..
- Bergersen L, Magistretti P, Pellerin L. Selective postsynaptic co-localization of MCT2 with AMPA receptor GluR2/3 subunits at excitatory synapses exhibiting AMPA receptor trafficking. Cereb Cortex. 2005;15:361-70 pubmed..Altogether, the data presented provide evidence for MCT2 expression in the postsynaptic density area at specific subsets of glutamatergic synapses, and also suggest that MCT2, like AMPA receptors, could undergo membrane trafficking. ..
- Leergaard T, Lillehaug S, De Schutter E, Bower J, Bjaalie J. Topographical organization of pathways from somatosensory cortex through the pontine nuclei to tactile regions of the rat cerebellar hemispheres. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2801-12 pubmed..We discuss the present findings in the context of transformations from cerebral somatotopic to cerebellar fractured tactile representations. ..
- Flinder L, Timofeeva O, Rosseland C, Wierød L, Huitfeldt H, Skarpen E. EGF-induced ERK-activation downstream of FAK requires rac1-NADPH oxidase. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2267-78 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Rac1 through NADPH oxidase is part of the signaling pathway constituted by FAK, Rac1, and ERK that regulates focal adhesion disassembly during cell spreading. ..
- Zinöcker S, Wang M, Rolstad B, Vaage J. Mesenchymal stromal cells fail to alleviate experimental graft-versus-host disease in rats transplanted with major histocompatibility complex-mismatched bone marrow. Scand J Immunol. 2012;76:464-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, repeated administrations of MSC failed to alleviate GVHD after fully or partially MHC-mismatched allo-SCT in the rat. ..
- Cruciani V, Leithe E, Mikalsen S. Ilimaquinone inhibits gap-junctional communication prior to Golgi fragmentation and block in protein transport. Exp Cell Res. 2003;287:130-42 pubmed..These results show that ilimaquinone inhibits gap-junctional communication in connexin43-expressing cells by a mechanism not dependent on Golgi fragmentation or block in protein transport. ..
- Andersen G, Skomedal T, Enger M, Fidjeland A, Brattelid T, Levy F, et al. Alpha1-AR-mediated activation of NKCC in rat cardiomyocytes involves ERK-dependent phosphorylation of the cotransporter. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;286:H1354-60 pubmed..We conclude that the NKCC is present in rat cardiomyocytes and that ion transport by the cotransporter is regulated by alpha(1)-AR stimulation through phosphorylation of this protein involving the ERK pathway. ..
- Sharikabad M, Aronsen J, Haugen E, Pedersen J, Møller A, Mørk H, et al. Cardiomyocytes from postinfarction failing rat hearts have improved ischemia tolerance. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H787-95 pubmed publisher..Tolerance to hypoxia and reoxygenation was surprisingly higher in CHF than in sham cardiomyocytes, probably explained by lower hypoxia-mediated Na(+) accumulation and subsequent lower Ca(2+) accumulation in CHF after reoxygenation. ..
- Låg M, Rodionov D, Ovrevik J, Bakke O, Schwarze P, Refsnes M. Cadmium-induced inflammatory responses in cells relevant for lung toxicity: Expression and release of cytokines in fibroblasts, epithelial cells and macrophages. Toxicol Lett. 2010;193:252-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the marked up-regulation of different cytokines in these cell types, that are important in development of lung injury and disease, suggests that inflammation may contribute in Cd-induced lung damage. ..
- Wigestrand M, Mineur Y, Heath C, Fonnum F, Picciotto M, Walaas S. Decreased ?4?2 nicotinic receptor number in the absence of mRNA changes suggests post-transcriptional regulation in the spontaneously hypertensive rat model of ADHD. J Neurochem. 2011;119:240-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the lower ?4?2 nAChR number in SHR compared with WKY may be a consequence of dysfunctional post-transcriptional regulation of nAChRs. ..
- Berg J, Ree A, Sandvik J, Tasken K, Landmark B, Torjesen P, et al. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 alters the effect of cAMP in thyroid cells by increasing the regulatory subunit type II beta of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:32233-8 pubmed..In conclusion, 1,25-(OH)2D3 attenuates both PKAI formation and PKAI-stimulated iodide uptake in rat thyroid FRTL-5 cells by increasing the level of RII beta without altering the other PKA subunit levels. ..
- Øverbye A, Sætre F, Hagen L, Johansen H, Seglen P. Autophagic activity measured in whole rat hepatocytes as the accumulation of a novel BHMT fragment (p10), generated in amphisomes by the asparaginyl proteinase, legumain. Autophagy. 2011;7:1011-27 pubmed
- Ødegård J, Aasrum M, Tveteraas I, Bharath S, Sandnes D, Christoffersen T. Role of ErbB2 in the prostaglandin E?-induced enhancement of the mitogenic response to epidermal growth factor in cultured hepatocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:255-60 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PGE(2) can enhance the mitogenic effect of EGF both by increasing ErbB2 expression and by ErbB2-independent mechanisms. ..
- Ree A, Tvermyr M, Engebraaten O, Rooman M, Røsok O, Hovig E, et al. Expression of a novel factor in human breast cancer cells with metastatic potential. Cancer Res. 1999;59:4675-80 pubmed..Hence, our experimental approach identified factors that may mediate the growth response of tumor cells upon establishment in a secondary organ and, thereby, contribute to the metastatic phenotype. ..
- Håkelien A, Gaustad K, Collas P. Transient alteration of cell fate using a nuclear and cytoplasmic extract of an insulinoma cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:834-41 pubmed..Because they are easily accessible, cell extracts may represent a practical source of material for investigating the mechanisms of alteration of a nuclear and cellular program. ..
- Jensen J, Jebens E, Brennesvik E, Ruzzin J, Soos M, Engebretsen E, et al. Muscle glycogen inharmoniously regulates glycogen synthase activity, glucose uptake, and proximal insulin signaling. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;290:E154-E162 pubmed..quot;Insulin resistance" is observed at the level of glycogen synthase, and the reduced glycogen synthesis leads to increased levels of glucose 6-phosphate, glycolytic flux, and accumulation of nonphosphorylated 2-deoxyglucose. ..
- Totlandsdal A, Refsnes M, Låg M. Mechanisms involved in ultrafine carbon black-induced release of IL-6 from primary rat epithelial lung cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010;24:10-20 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that ultrafine carbon black-induced release of IL-6 strongly depends on IL-1 and that activation of MAPKs and NF-kappaB is involved in this response. ..
- Dalen M, Liu X, Elstad M, Løberg E, Saugstad O, Rootwelt T, et al. Resuscitation with 100% oxygen increases injury and counteracts the neuroprotective effect of therapeutic hypothermia in the neonatal rat. Pediatr Res. 2012;71:247-52 pubmed publisher..The effects of HT and 100% O(2) on histopathologic injury in the hippocampus, basal ganglia, and cortex, and on postural reflex performance 7 d after the insult, were estimated by linear regression. ..
- Husberg C, Nygard S, Finsen A, Damas J, Frigessi A, Oie E, et al. Cytokine expression profiling of the myocardium reveals a role for CX3CL1 (fractalkine) in heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:261-9 pubmed publisher..Given the increased CX3CL1 production in both an experimental HF model and in patients with chronic HF as well as its direct effects on cardiomyocytes, we suggest a role for CX3CL1 and its receptor CX3CR1 in the pathogenesis of HF. ..
- Flinder L, Wierød L, Rosseland C, Huitfeldt H, Skarpen E. FAK regulates Cdk2 in EGF-stimulated primary cultures of hepatocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:1304-13 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that FAK acts as a central coordinator of integrin and growth factor-mediated S-phase entry by its ability to regulate Cdk2. ..
- Grant D, Blazak W, Brown G. The reproductive toxicology of intravenously administered MnDPDP in the rat and rabbit. Acta Radiol. 1997;38:759-69 pubmed..The reproductive toxicology of mangafodipir trisodium (MnDPDP, Teslascan), a new hepatobiliary MR contrast agent, was evaluated in rats and rabbits...
- Melien O, Christoffersen T, Sioud M. Evidence for the involvement of Gi2 in activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases in hepatocytes. BMC Cell Biol. 2001;2:13 pubmed..The present data suggest an important role of Gi2 in PGF2alpha -induced ERK1/2 signaling in hepatocytes. ..
- Guren T, Ødegård J, Abrahamsen H, Thoresen G, Susa M, Andersson Y, et al. EGF receptor-mediated, c-Src-dependent, activation of Stat5b is downregulated in mitogenically responsive hepatocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:113-23 pubmed..The data also provide further evidence that Stat5b is not required for mitogenic signaling from the EGF receptor. ..
- Vinge L, Andressen K, Attramadal T, Andersen G, Ahmed M, Peppel K, et al. Substrate specificities of g protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 and -3 at cardiac myocyte receptors provide basis for distinct roles in regulation of myocardial function. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:582-91 pubmed
- Afzal F, Andressen K, Mørk H, Aronsen J, Sjaastad I, Dahl C, et al. 5-HT4-elicited positive inotropic response is mediated by cAMP and regulated by PDE3 in failing rat and human cardiac ventricles. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:1005-14 pubmed publisher..5-HT, PDE3 and PDE4 may have pathophysiological functions in heart failure. ..
- Engedal N, Seglen P. Autophagy of cytoplasmic bulk cargo does not require LC3. Autophagy. 2016;12:439-41 pubmed publisher..Since bulk autophagy of cytoplasm (macroautophagy) and autophagic-lysosomal LC3 processing may apparently be mutually independent, LC3 would seem to be unsuitable as a general indicator of autophagy. ..
- Harbitz I, Chowdhary B, Chowdhary R, Kran S, Frengen E, Gustavsson I, et al. Isolation, characterization and chromosomal assignment of a partial cDNA for porcine 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase. Hereditas. 1990;112:83-8 pubmed..The identity of the PGD cDNA was confirmed by DNA sequencing and comparison of the amino acid sequence with the corresponding ovine sequence. The PGD cDNA was assigned to 6q2.5-2.7 by in situ hybridization. ..
- Utvag S, Fuskevåg O, Shegarfi H, Reikeras O. Short-term treatment with COX-2 inhibitors does not impair fracture healing. J Invest Surg. 2010;23:257-61 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that nonspecific or specific COX-2 inhibitors in therapeutic doses during seven days after fracture do not significantly influence bone healing. ..
- Mikalsen A, Alexander J, Wallin H, Ingelman Sundberg M, Andersen R. Reductive metabolism and protein binding of chromium(VI) by P450 protein enzymes. Carcinogenesis. 1991;12:825-31 pubmed..The difference in CrO4(2-) reducing activity of the P450 enzymes and binding to the enzymes may be important for in vivo endoplasmic catalytic metabolism of CrO4(2-). ..
- Boulland J, Ferhat L, Tallak Solbu T, Ferrand N, Chaudhry F, Storm Mathisen J, et al. Changes in vesicular transporters for gamma-aminobutyric acid and glutamate reveal vulnerability and reorganization of hippocampal neurons following pilocarpine-induced seizures. J Comp Neurol. 2007;503:466-85 pubmed
- Espe E, Aronsen J, SkÃ¥rdal K, Schneider J, Zhang L, Sjaastad I. Novel insight into the detailed myocardial motion and deformation of the rodent heart using high-resolution phase contrast cardiovascular magnetic resonance. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013;15:82 pubmed publisher..In combination with the superior geometric robustness of CMR, this ultimately provides a tool for longitudinal studies of regional function in rodents with high level of detail. ..
- Aure M, Røed A, Galtung H. Intracellular Ca2+ responses and cell volume regulation upon cholinergic and purinergic stimulation in an immortalized salivary cell line. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:237-44 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, even though Ca(2+) signals were not needed for this volume regulation, TRPV4 seems to play a role during ATP and carbachol stimulation. ..
- Reppe S, Olstad O, Rian E, Gautvik V, Gautvik K, Jemtland R. Butyrate response factor 1 is regulated by parathyroid hormone and bone morphogenetic protein-2 in osteoblastic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:218-23 pubmed..Hence, our data showing that BRF1 is expressed in osteoblastic cells and regulated by PTH and BMP-2, suggest an important role for BRF1 in osteoblasts within the molecular network of PTH-dependent bone remodeling. ..
- Cruciani V, Heintz K, Husøy T, Hovig E, Warren D, Mikalsen S. The detection of hamster connexins: a comparison of expression profiles with wild-type mouse and the cancer-prone Min mouse. Cell Commun Adhes. 2004;11:155-71 pubmed..In contrast, there were minimal differences in expression profiles between wild type and Min mice. Species-specific expression profiles should be considered in attempts to make animal models of human connexin-associated diseases. ..
- Melhus G, Solberg L, Dimmen S, Madsen J, Nordsletten L, Reinholt F. Experimental osteoporosis induced by ovariectomy and vitamin D deficiency does not markedly affect fracture healing in rats. Acta Orthop. 2007;78:393-403 pubmed..02), no differences in the mechanical strength of long bones were detected. Our results suggest that the systemic effects of estrogen and vitamin D deficiency are not crucial for fracture healing or mechanical properties of the callus. ..
- Langberg C, Sauer T, Reitan J, Hauer Jensen M. Relationship between intestinal fibrosis and histopathologic and morphometric changes in consequential and late radiation enteropathy. Acta Oncol. 1996;35:81-7 pubmed..Consequential injury, occurring as a result of disruption of mucosal integrity, seems to be an important mechanism for development of intestinal fibrosis. In contrast, vascular injury is relatively independent of this mechanism. ..
- Bains R, Moe M, Vinje M, Berg Johnsen J. Sevoflurane and propofol depolarize mitochondria in rat and human cerebrocortical synaptosomes by different mechanisms. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:1354-60 pubmed publisher..Whereas sevoflurane inhibits the respiratory chain sufficiently to cause ATP synthase reversal, the depolarizing effect of propofol seems to be related to inhibition of the respiratory chain from complex I to V. ..
- Rakkestad K, Holme J, Paulsen R, Schwarze P, Becher R. Mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate induces both pro- and anti-inflammatory responses in rat alveolar macrophages through crosstalk between p38, the lipoxygenase pathway and PPARalpha. Inhal Toxicol. 2010;22:140-50 pubmed publisher..This indicates that MEPH-PPARalpha binding mediates an anti-inflammatory signal...
- Juzenas P, Juzeniene A, Kaalhus O, Iani V, Moan J. Noninvasive fluorescence excitation spectroscopy during application of 5-aminolevulinic acid in vivo. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2002;1:745-8 pubmed..The fluorescence excitation spectra calculated for the depth 1.1 mm obtained the best fit with the experimentally measured spectra after topical application of ALA. ..
- Hoelsbrekken S, Fossum S, Dissen E. Molecular cloning of LILRC1 and LILRC2 in the mouse and the rat, two novel immunoglobulin-like receptors encoded by the leukocyte receptor gene complex. Immunogenetics. 2005;57:479-86 pubmed..As shown by RT-PCR, rat LILRC1 was expressed by B cells, neutrophils, and a macrophage cell line. Transcription of LILRC2 was detected in T cells, B cells, neutrophils, and macrophages. ..
- Gottas A, Øiestad E, Boix F, Vindenes V, Ripel A, Thaulow C, et al. Levels of heroin and its metabolites in blood and brain extracellular fluid after i.v. heroin administration to freely moving rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:546-56 pubmed publisher..v. administration, we gave a bolus injection of heroin to rats and measured the concentration of heroin and its metabolites in blood and brain extracellular fluid (ECF)...
- Harbitz I, Langset M, Ege A, Høyheim B, Davies W. The porcine hormone-sensitive lipase gene: sequence, structure, polymorphisms and linkage mapping. Anim Genet. 1999;30:10-5 pubmed..Linkage mapping located the LIPE gene close to the calcium release channel (CRC) locus on chromosome 6. ..
- Nicolaysen A, Gammelsaeter R, Storm Mathisen J, Gundersen V, Iversen P. The components required for amino acid neurotransmitter signaling are present in adipose tissues. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2123-32 pubmed..The presence of glutamate, GABA, their vesicular transporters, and their receptors indicates a paracrine signaling role for amino acids in adipose tissues. ..
- Murrell W, Wetzig A, Donnellan M, Feron F, Burne T, Meedeniya A, et al. Olfactory mucosa is a potential source for autologous stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2183-92 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Grønlien J, Ween H, Thorin Hagene K, Cassar S, Li J, Briggs C, et al. Importance of M2-M3 loop in governing properties of genistein at the ?7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor inferred from ?7/5-HT3A chimera. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;647:37-47 pubmed publisher..The identification of distinct ?7 receptor modulatory sites offers unique opportunities for developing CNS therapeutics and understanding its pharmacology. ..
- Wang Y, Dahle M, Agren J, Myhre A, Reinholt F, Foster S, et al. Activation of the liver X receptor protects against hepatic injury in endotoxemia by suppressing Kupffer cell activation. Shock. 2006;25:141-6 pubmed..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that activation of LXR by GW3965 protects against liver injury and dysfunction in a rat model of endotoxemia, in part by exerting an anti-inflammatory effect on Kupffer cells. ..
- Hirschberg H, Spetalen S, Carper S, Hole P, Tillung T, Madsen S. Minimally invasive photodynamic therapy (PDT) for ablation of experimental rat glioma. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2006;49:135-42 pubmed..A judicious choice of PDT regimens that minimizes inflammatory responses through the use multiple fractionated long-term treatment protocols would likely be required. ..
- Wensaas A, Rustan A, Rokling Andersen M, Caesar R, Jensen J, Kaalhus O, et al. Dietary supplementation of tetradecylthioacetic acid increases feed intake but reduces body weight gain and adipose depot sizes in rats fed on high-fat diets. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2009;11:1034-49 pubmed publisher..The functional importance of ectopic hepatic UCP3 is unknown, but might be associated with enhanced energy expenditure and thus the reduced feed efficiency. ..
- Riise J, Nguyen C, Hussain R, Dahl C, Ege M, Osnes J, et al. Prostanoid-mediated inotropic responses are attenuated in failing human and rat ventricular myocardium. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;686:66-73 pubmed publisher..The pathophysiological significance of changes in prostanoid-mediated inotropic support in the failing heart remains to be determined. ..
- Risnes S, Septier D, Deville de Periere D, Goldberg M. TEM observations on the ameloblast/enamel interface in the rat incisor. Connect Tissue Res. 2002;43:496-504 pubmed..Prism crystals were oriented obliquely or parallel to the secretory surface of Tomes' process. At interprism growth sites matrix deposition was irregular and required some redistribution to conform to the pattern of interprism sheets...
- Storset A, Slettedal I, Williams J, Law A, Dissen E. Natural killer cell receptors in cattle: a bovine killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor multigene family contains members with divergent signaling motifs. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:980-90 pubmed..Thus, KIR multigene families with divergent signaling motifs do not only exist in primates. Based on sequence comparison, it appears that the primate and bovine KIR multigene families may have evolved independently. ..
- Inngjerdingen K, Patel T, Chen X, Kenne L, Allen S, Morris G, et al. Immunological and structural properties of a pectic polymer from Glinus oppositifolius. Glycobiology. 2007;17:1299-310 pubmed..The ability of GOA2 to induce secretion of proinflammatory cytokines was examined. Marked upregulations in mRNA for IL-1beta from rat macrophages and IFN-gamma from NK cells were found...
- Lunde I, Aronsen J, Kvaløy H, Qvigstad E, Sjaastad I, Tønnessen T, et al. Cardiac O-GlcNAc signaling is increased in hypertrophy and heart failure. Physiol Genomics. 2012;44:162-72 pubmed publisher..This not only provides an exciting basis for discovery of new mechanisms underlying pathological cardiac remodeling but also implies protein O-GlcNAcylation as a possible new therapeutic target in heart failure. ..
- Sandnes D, Johansen T, Teien G, Ulsaker G. Mutagenicity of crude senna and senna glycosides in Salmonella typhimurium. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1992;71:165-72 pubmed..The chemical nature of other mutagenic components has not been elucidated. ..
- Andersen G, Oie E, Vinge L, Yndestad A, Attramadal H, Skomedal T, et al. Increased expression and function of the myocardial Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in failing rat hearts. Basic Res Cardiol. 2006;101:471-8 pubmed..05). Thus, our data indicate cardiomyocyte specific increase in NKCC mRNA levels and increased NKCC activity in post-infarction heart failure. Our results may indicate a potential role of NKCC during post-infarction remodeling. ..
- Moe M, Kolberg R, Sandberg C, Vik Mo E, Olstorn H, Varghese M, et al. A comparison of epithelial and neural properties in progenitor cells derived from the adult human ciliary body and brain. Exp Eye Res. 2009;88:30-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies mapping the regulation between epithelial and neural properties in the adult human CB spheres are vital to fully utilize them as a clinical source of retinal progenitor cells in the future...
- Grimholt U. Transport-associated proteins in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Immunogenetics. 1997;46:213-21 pubmed..Here we report two expressed Sasa-TAP2 loci, both of which are polymorphic, as well as an expressed Sasa-TAP1 locus from Atlantic salmon. The Sasa-TAP2A locus has a genomic organization similar to the human TAP2 equivalent...
- Henriksen G, Breistøl K, Bruland Ø, Fodstad Ø, Larsen R. Significant antitumor effect from bone-seeking, alpha-particle-emitting (223)Ra demonstrated in an experimental skeletal metastases model. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3120-5 pubmed..The results of this study indicate that (223)Ra should be additionally studied as a potential bone marrow-sparing treatment of cancers involving the skeleton...
- Angell Petersen E, Hirschberg H, Madsen S. Determination of fluence rate and temperature distributions in the rat brain; implications for photodynamic therapy. J Biomed Opt. 2007;12:014003 pubmed..60 cm in normal rat brain. The predicted parameters can be used to estimate the fluences, fluence rates, and temperatures achieved during photodynamic therapy. ..
- Birkeland J, Swift F, Tovsrud N, Enger U, Lunde P, Qvigstad E, et al. Serotonin increases L-type Ca2+ current and SR Ca2+ content through 5-HT4 receptors in failing rat ventricular cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2367-76 pubmed..5-HT(2A)-receptor stimulation, previously studied in acute CHF, induces a positive inotropic response also in chronic CHF, probably mediated by MLC2 phosphorylation. ..
- Holten A, Gundersen V. Glutamine as a precursor for transmitter glutamate, aspartate and GABA in the cerebellum: a role for phosphate-activated glutaminase. J Neurochem. 2008;104:1032-42 pubmed..Alternatively, the amino acids could be produced from the liver type of glutaminase, which is not yet localized on the cellular level, or from an unknown glutminase. ..
- Lai Y, Zarrinpashneh E, Jensen J. Additive effect of contraction and insulin on glucose uptake and glycogen synthase in muscle with different glycogen contents. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:1106-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, contraction, insulin, and glycogen content all regulate GS Ser641 phosphorylation and GS fractional activity in concert. ..
- Hamdani E, Gudbrandsen M, Bjørkmo M, Chaudhry F. The system N transporter SN2 doubles as a transmitter precursor furnisher and a potential regulator of NMDA receptors. Glia. 2012;60:1671-83 pubmed publisher..Consequently, SN2 doubles as a transmitter precursor furnisher and a potential regulator of NMDA receptors. ..
- Daws M, Dai K, Zinöcker S, Naper C, Kveberg L, Hedrich H, et al. Identification of an MHC class I ligand for the single member of a killer cell lectin-like receptor family, KLRH1. J Immunol. 2012;189:5178-84 pubmed publisher..Cytolytic activity of KLRH1-transfected RNK-16 cells was also inhibited by target cells expressing RT1-A2(n). Thus, KLRH1 represents a novel family of MHC allele-specific inhibitory receptors expressed by NK cells. ..
- Skalhegg B, Landmark B, Foss K, Lohmann S, Hansson V, Lea T, et al. Identification, purification, and characterization of subunits of cAMP-dependent protein kinase in human testis. Reverse mobilities of human RII alpha and RII beta on sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis compared with rat and bov. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5374-9 pubmed..This study supports the conclusion that the mobilities of human RII subunits (RII alpha, RII beta) on SDS-PAGE are reversed in contrast with those of other species such as rat and bovine.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Naper C, Hayashi S, Joly E, Butcher G, Rolstad B, Vaage J, et al. Ly49i2 is an inhibitory rat natural killer cell receptor for an MHC class Ia molecule (RT1-A1c). Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:2031-6 pubmed..Ly49i2, therefore, is an inhibitory receptor for specific MHC class Ia molecules, similar to inhibitory members of the mouse Ly49 family. ..
- Pedersen L, Jacobsen L, Mollerup S, Gjerstad J. Spinal cord long-term potentiation (LTP) is associated with increased dorsal horn gene expression of IL-1beta, GDNF and iNOS. Eur J Pain. 2010;14:255-60 pubmed publisher..05, HFS vs. control). For the first time we show that spinal cord LTP is associated with an increased dorsal horn expression of the genes for IL-1beta, GDNF and iNOS. ..
- Tekle C, Nygren M, Chen Y, Dybsjord I, Nesland J, Maelandsmo G, et al. B7-H3 contributes to the metastatic capacity of melanoma cells by modulation of known metastasis-associated genes. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2282-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate a novel role for B7-H3 in the regulation of the metastatic capacity of melanoma cells and it might be a potential therapeutic target for anti-metastasis therapy. ..
- Kristinsson J, Nygaard K, Sundseth A, Aadland E, Fagerhol M. Comparison of faecal and intestinal concentrations of granulocyte marker protein and localization of gastrointestinal tumours in rats. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2002;37:1029-33 pubmed..Furthermore, it is likely that increased faecal GMP concentration in rats with colon carcinoma is a result of an inflammatory process in or around tumours. ..
- Andreassen O, Waage J, Finsen B, Jørgensen H. Memantine attenuates the increase in striatal preproenkephalin mRNA expression and development of haloperidol-induced persistent oral dyskinesias in rats. Brain Res. 2003;994:188-92 pubmed..This suggests that glutamate-mediated up-regulation of striatal enkephalin plays a role in the development of haloperidol-induced persistent oral dyskinesias. ..
- Johansen E, Sagvolden T. Slower extinction of responses maintained by intra-cranial self-stimulation (ICSS) in an animal model of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Behav Brain Res. 2005;162:22-31 pubmed
- Kveberg L, Dai K, Dissen E, Ryan J, Rolstad B, Vaage J, et al. Strain-dependent expression of four structurally related rat Ly49 receptors; correlation with NK gene complex haplotype and NK alloreactivity. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:905-16 pubmed..These data support the notion that Ly49s3 functions as a triggering MHC receptor both in vitro and in vivo. MHC ligands for the other three Ly49 receptors remain to be determined. ..