Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Paulsen J, Knutsen H, Ølstørn H, Løberg E, Alexander J. Identification of flat dysplastic aberrant crypt foci in the colon of azoxymethane-treated A/J mice. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:540-6 pubmed..Classical elevated ACF do not seem to be as closely related to tumorigenesis. ..
- Gammelsaeter R, Coppola T, Marcaggi P, Storm Mathisen J, Chaudhry F, Attwell D, et al. A role for glutamate transporters in the regulation of insulin secretion. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22960 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that insulin secretion from β-cells is modulated by the flux of glutamate through the secretory granules. ..
- Revheim M, Kristian A, Malinen E, Bruland Ø, Berner J, Holm R, et al. Intermittent and continuous imatinib in a human GIST xenograft model carrying KIT exon 17 resistance mutation D816H. Acta Oncol. 2013;52:776-82 pubmed publisher..Imatinib delays GIST xenograft growth despite the presence of the D816H resistance mutation. The schedule of imatinib administration may influence tumour glucose uptake rate and metabolic rate. ..
- Nakayama S, Amiry Moghaddam M, Ottersen O, Bhardwaj A. Conivaptan, a Selective Arginine Vasopressin V1a and V2 Receptor Antagonist Attenuates Global Cerebral Edema Following Experimental Cardiac Arrest via Perivascular Pool of Aquaporin-4. Neurocrit Care. 2016;24:273-82 pubmed publisher..These effects of conivaptan that are dependent on the presence of perivascular pool of AQP4 appear be mediated via its dual effect on V1 and V2 receptors. ..
- Sampaziotis F, Justin A, Tysoe O, Sawiak S, Godfrey E, Upponi S, et al. Reconstruction of the mouse extrahepatic biliary tree using primary human extrahepatic cholangiocyte organoids. Nat Med. 2017;23:954-963 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ECOs can successfully reconstruct the biliary tree, providing proof of principle for organ regeneration using human primary cholangiocytes expanded in vitro. ..
- Haugen F, Zahid N, Dalen K, Hollung K, Nebb H, Drevon C. Resistin expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes is reduced by arachidonic acid. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:143-53 pubmed..An inhibitory effect of AA and EPA on resistin expression may explain the beneficial effect of ingesting PUFAs on insulin sensitivity. ..
- Bruusgaard J, Liestøl K, Gundersen K. Distribution of myonuclei and microtubules in live muscle fibers of young, middle-aged, and old mice. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2006;100:2024-30 pubmed..Thus changes in myonuclear number and distribution, perhaps related to alterations in the microtubular network, may underlie some of the adverse consequences of aging on skeletal muscle size and function...
- Mørk H, Sjaastad I, Sande J, Periasamy M, Sejersted O, Louch W. Increased cardiomyocyte function and Ca2+ transients in mice during early congestive heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:177-86 pubmed..Thus, in early CHF, alterations in Ca2+ homeostasis improve cardiomyocyte contractility which may compensate for loss of function in the infarction area. ..
- Kielland A, Blom T, Nandakumar K, Holmdahl R, Blomhoff R, Carlsen H. In vivo imaging of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in inflammation using the luminescent probe L-012. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;47:760-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, L-012 is well distributed in the mouse body and mediates a strong ROS/RNS-dependent luminescent signal in vivo and is useful for monitoring the development and regulation of inflammation in living organisms. ..
- Lindbäck T, Rottenberg M, Roche S, Rørvik L. The ability to enter into an avirulent viable but non-culturable (VBNC) form is widespread among Listeria monocytogenes isolates from salmon, patients and environment. Vet Res. 2010;41:8 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the risk of non-culturable L. monocytogenes in foods, when the VBNC state is induced by starvation, is negligible. ..
- Haabeth O, Lorvik K, Hammarstrom C, Donaldson I, Haraldsen G, Bogen B, et al. Inflammation driven by tumour-specific Th1 cells protects against B-cell cancer. Nat Commun. 2011;2:240 pubmed publisher..Thus, inflammation, when driven by tumour-specific Th1 cells, may prevent rather than promote cancer. ..
- Tranulis M, Benestad S, Baron T, Kretzschmar H. Atypical prion diseases in humans and animals. Top Curr Chem. 2011;305:23-50 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis also raises the significant public health question of possible epidemiological links between these diseases and their counterparts in humans. ..
- Øvrebø K, Gulliksrud K, Mathiesen B, Rofstad E. Assessment of tumor radioresponsiveness and metastatic potential by dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:255-61 pubmed publisher..The general validity of these observations should be investigated further by studying preclinical tumor models with biological properties different from those of the R-18 tumors. ..
- Haj Yasein N, Vindedal G, Eilert Olsen M, Gundersen G, Skare Ø, Laake P, et al. Glial-conditional deletion of aquaporin-4 (Aqp4) reduces blood-brain water uptake and confers barrier function on perivascular astrocyte endfeet. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17815-20 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the blood-brain barrier (BBB) is more complex than anticipated. Notably, under certain conditions, the astrocyte covering of brain microvessels is rate limiting to water movement. ..
- Sandberg W, Låg M, Holme J, Friede B, Gualtieri M, Kruszewski M, et al. Comparison of non-crystalline silica nanoparticles in IL-1? release from macrophages. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2012;9:32 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages and primary rat lung macrophages. The role of the NALP3-inflammasome and up-stream mechanisms was further explored in RAW264.7 cells...
- Engesæter B, Engebraaten O, Flørenes V, Mælandsmo G. Dacarbazine and the agonistic TRAIL receptor-2 antibody lexatumumab induce synergistic anticancer effects in melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45492 pubmed publisher..FEMX-1 xenografts treated with DTIC and lexatumumab showed reduced growth and increased level of apoptosis compared to the control groups, providing arguments for further evaluation of this combination in melanoma patients. ..
- Aasrum M, Ødegård J, Sandnes D, Christoffersen T. The involvement of the docking protein Gab1 in mitogenic signalling induced by EGF and HGF in rat hepatocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3286-3294 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results strongly suggest that although Gab1 interacts differently with EGFR and Met, it is involved in mitogenic signalling mediated by both these growth factor receptors in hepatocytes. ..
- Kolberg M, Pedersen S, Mitake M, Holm K, BÃ¸hn S, Blomhoff H, et al. Coffee inhibits nuclear factor-kappa B in prostate cancer cells and xenografts. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;27:153-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, coffee modulates transcription of genes related to prostate cancer and inflammation. Our results are the first to suggest mechanistic links between coffee consumption and prostate cancer in an experimental mouse model. ..
- Korsnes M, Kolstad H, Kleiveland C, Korsnes R, Ã˜rmen E. Autophagic activity in BC3H1 cells exposed to yessotoxin. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;32:166-80 pubmed publisher..The present work supports the idea that autophagic activity upon YTX exposure may represent a response to ribotoxic stress. ..
- Wamel A, Healey A, Sontum P, KvÃ¥le S, Bush N, Bamber J, et al. Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT) - pre-clinical proof of principle for local drug delivery and enhanced uptake. J Control Release. 2016;224:158-164 pubmed publisher..Whereas the mechanisms behind the observed increased and tumor specific uptake are not fully elucidated, it is demonstrated that the ACT concept can be applied as a versatile technique for targeted drug delivery. ..
- Machon O, Backman M, Julin K, Krauss S. Yeast two-hybrid system identifies the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme mUbc9 as a potential partner of mouse Dac. Mech Dev. 2000;97:3-12 pubmed..In the proliferation zone, visible nuclear envelopes are not formed and mDac is detected throughout the cells. ..
- Nergard C, Diallo D, Michaelsen T, Malterud K, Kiyohara H, Matsumoto T, et al. Isolation, partial characterisation and immunomodulating activities of polysaccharides from Vernonia kotschyana Sch. Bip. ex Walp. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;91:141-52 pubmed..Some activity was also observed on macrophages. The present study may provide additional support for the popular use of this plant to improve intestinal health...
- Nergard C, Diallo D, Inngjerdingen K, Michaelsen T, Matsumoto T, Kiyohara H, et al. Medicinal use of Cochlospermum tinctorium in Mali Anti-ulcer-, radical scavenging- and immunomodulating activities of polymers in the aqueous extract of the roots. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;96:255-69 pubmed..This study shows that the polysaccharides are partly responsible for the bioactivities observed in vitro. Both polysaccharides and polyphenols may be responsible for the anti-ulcer activities observed...
- Bogen I, Boulland J, Mariussen E, Wright M, Fonnum F, Kao H, et al. Absence of synapsin I and II is accompanied by decreases in vesicular transport of specific neurotransmitters. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1458-66 pubmed..In conclusion, distinct vesicular transporters show a variable degree of colocalization with synapsin proteins and, hence, distinct sensitivities to inactivation of the genes encoding synapsin I and II. ..
- Kvissel A, Ørstavik S, Eikvar S, Brede G, Jahnsen T, Collas P, et al. Involvement of the catalytic subunit of protein kinase A and of HA95 in pre-mRNA splicing. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2795-809 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that the nuclear PKA C subunit co-locates with HA95 in SFCs and regulates pre-mRNA splicing, possibly through a cAMP-independent mechanism. ..
- Dohlen G, Odland H, Carlsen H, Blomhoff R, Thaulow E, Saugstad O. Antioxidant activity in the newborn brain: a luciferase mouse model. Neonatology. 2008;93:125-31 pubmed..With very little stress to the newborn animals genetic activity can be monitored day by day. ..
- Lund C, Olsen C, Skogtvedt S, Tveit H, Prydz K, Tranulis M. Alternative translation initiation generates cytoplasmic sheep prion protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19668-78 pubmed publisher..Analysis of samples from sheep brain allowed immunological detection of N-terminal PrP fragments, indicating that sheep PrP is subject to similar processing mechanisms in vivo...
- Pavlicev M, Le Rouzic A, Cheverud J, Wagner G, Hansen T. Directionality of epistasis in a murine intercross population. Genetics. 2010;185:1489-505 pubmed publisher..The measure of directionality changes with the power of scale in a predictable way; however, its expected effect with respect to the modification of additive genetic effects remains constant. ..
- Ahlfors E, Lyberg T. Kinetics of local tissue and regional lymph node IL-2 and IFN-gamma responses in experimental oral mucosa and skin contact sensitivity in mice. Scand J Immunol. 2010;72:8-14 pubmed publisher..The common ectodermal origin and the similarity of the CS reactions on skin and in buccal mucosa indicate that these tissues share common immunological patterns of Th1 cell reactivity, at least in dealing with haptens like OXA. ..
- Selbo P, Weyergang A, Høgset A, Norum O, Berstad M, Vikdal M, et al. Photochemical internalization provides time- and space-controlled endolysosomal escape of therapeutic molecules. J Control Release. 2010;148:2-12 pubmed publisher..With a joint effort by life scientists the PCI technology is currently in a Phase I/II clinical trial with very promising initial results in the treatment of solid tumors. ..
- van den Born E, Vågbø C, Songe Møller L, Leihne V, Lien G, Leszczynska G, et al. ALKBH8-mediated formation of a novel diastereomeric pair of wobble nucleosides in mammalian tRNA. Nat Commun. 2011;2:172 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the function of the ALKBH oxygenases beyond nucleic acid repair and increase the current knowledge on mammalian wobble uridine modifications and their biogenesis. ..
- Yndestad A, Finsen A, Ueland T, Husberg C, Dahl C, Øie E, et al. The homeostatic chemokine CCL21 predicts mortality and may play a pathogenic role in heart failure. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33038 pubmed publisher..However, while short term inhibition of CCR7 may be beneficial following MI, a total lack of CCR7 during long-term follow-up could be harmful. ..
- Simonsen T, Gaustad J, Leinaas M, Rofstad E. High interstitial fluid pressure is associated with tumor-line specific vascular abnormalities in human melanoma xenografts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40006 pubmed publisher..High IFP in A-07-GFP and R-18-GFP human melanoma xenografts was primarily a consequence of high blood flow resistance caused by tumor-line specific vascular abnormalities. ..
- Lauvrak S, Munthe E, Kresse S, Stratford E, Namløs H, Meza Zepeda L, et al. Functional characterisation of osteosarcoma cell lines and identification of mRNAs and miRNAs associated with aggressive cancer phenotypes. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:2228-36 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first time that expression profiles are associated with functional characteristics of osteosarcoma cell lines. ..
- Braadland P, Grytli H, Ramberg H, Katz B, Kellman R, Gauthier Landry L, et al. Low Î²â‚‚-adrenergic receptor level may promote development of castration resistant prostate cancer and altered steroid metabolism. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1878-94 pubmed publisher..Similar to ADRB2, we show that low levels of UGT2B15 are associated with a more rapid CRPC progression. We propose a novel mechanism by which ADRB2 may affect the development of CRPC through downregulation of UGT2B15 and UGT2B17. ..
- Steffensen I. Obesity and Intestinal Tumorigenesis in Adult Min/+ Mice from Early-life High-fat Diet Exposure Were Not Inherited Transgenerationally. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3871-82 pubmed..The effects of early-life high-fat diet on adult obesity and intestinal tumorigenesis were not inherited transgenera-tionally. ..
- Oftung F, Lovik M, Andersen S, Froholm L, Bjune G. A mouse model utilising human transferrin to study protection against Neisseria meningitidis serogroup B induced by outer membrane vesicle vaccination. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 1999;26:75-82 pubmed..The modified model system for protection against meningococcal infection presented here makes it possible to measure outer membrane vesicle vaccine induced protection by using bacteraemia as well as survival as parameters. ..
- Cameron J, Bogsrud M, Tveten K, Strøm T, Holven K, Berge K, et al. Serum levels of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 in subjects with familial hypercholesterolemia indicate that proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 is cleared from plasma by low-density lipoprotein receptor-independent pathways. Transl Res. 2012;160:125-30 pubmed publisher..By assuming that the rate of PCSK9 synthesis is similar in the 3 groups, this finding suggests that in humans, plasma PCSK9 is also cleared by LDLR-independent mechanisms. ..
- Klokk T, Kurys P, Elbi C, Nagaich A, Hendarwanto A, Slagsvold T, et al. Ligand-specific dynamics of the androgen receptor at its response element in living cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1823-43 pubmed..These data provide a kinetic and mechanistic basis for regulation of gene expression by androgens and antiandrogens in living cells. ..
- Wang W, Osenbroch P, Skinnes R, Esbensen Y, Bjørås M, Eide L. Mitochondrial DNA integrity is essential for mitochondrial maturation during differentiation of neural stem cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:2195-204 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mtDNA integrity is essential for effective mitochondrial maturation during NSC differentiation. ..
- Harbitz I, Langset M, Ege A, Høyheim B, Davies W. The porcine hormone-sensitive lipase gene: sequence, structure, polymorphisms and linkage mapping. Anim Genet. 1999;30:10-5 pubmed..Linkage mapping located the LIPE gene close to the calcium release channel (CRC) locus on chromosome 6. ..
- Korkmaz K, Korkmaz C, Pretlow T, Saatcioglu F. Distinctly different gene structure of KLK4/KLK-L1/prostase/ARM1 compared with other members of the kallikrein family: intracellular localization, alternative cDNA forms, and Regulation by multiple hormones. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:435-45 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that KLK4 is a unique member of the kallikrein family that may have a role in the progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Alberg T, Nilsen A, Hansen J, Nygaard U, Løvik M. Nitrogen dioxide: no influence on allergic sensitization in an intranasal mouse model with ovalbumin and diesel exhaust particles. Inhal Toxicol. 2011;23:268-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, based on our findings, NO? seems to be of less importance than combustion particles in the development of allergic diseases after exposure to traffic-related air pollution...
- Paulsen J, Steffensen I, Namork E, Eide T, Alexander J. Age-dependent susceptibility to azoxymethane-induced and spontaneous tumorigenesis in the Min/+ mouse. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:259-65 pubmed..In conclusion, pups were more susceptible than young adults to AOM-induced and spontaneous tumorigenesis, and neonatal exposure was not as critical for AOM-induced tumorigenesis in the colon as in the small intestine. ..
- Zernichow L, Abrink M, Hallgren J, Grujic M, Pejler G, Kolset S. Serglycin is the major secreted proteoglycan in macrophages and has a role in the regulation of macrophage tumor necrosis factor-alpha secretion in response to lipopolysaccharide. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26792-801 pubmed..The present report thus demonstrates that serglycin is the major proteoglycan secreted by peritoneal macrophages and suggests that the macrophage serglycin may have a role in regulating secretion of tumor necrosis factor-alpha. ..
- Corthay A. CD4+ T cells cooperate with macrophages for specific elimination of MHC class II-negative cancer cells. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;590:195-208 pubmed
- Kleveland E, Syvertsen B, Ruyter B, Vegusdal A, J rgensen S, Gj en T. Characterization of scavenger receptor class B, type I in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Lipids. 2006;41:1017-27 pubmed..SR-BI gene expression was high in the intestine, which leads us to propose that SR-BI may contribute to the uptake of lipids from the diet...
- Solberg N, Machon O, Krauss S. Effect of canonical Wnt inhibition in the neurogenic cortex, hippocampus, and premigratory dentate gyrus progenitor pool. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1799-811 pubmed publisher..The lower number of progenitors in the dentate gyrus was not rescued after migration to the subgranular zone and thus the dentate gyrus lacked the entire internal blade and a part of the external blade from postnatal to adult stages. ..
- Meriç G, Dahl J, Ruyter I. Cytotoxicity of silica-glass fiber reinforced composites. Dent Mater. 2008;24:1201-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this in vitro study was to determine the cytotoxicity of two polymers reinforced with two differently sized silica-glass fibers before and after thermal cycling. Cytotoxicity of the polymers without fibers was also evaluated...
- Dahl J, Reiner A, Klungland A, Wakayama T, Collas P. Histone H3 lysine 27 methylation asymmetry on developmentally-regulated promoters distinguish the first two lineages in mouse preimplantation embryos. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9150 pubmed publisher..Our results show histone trimethylation asymmetry on promoters in the first two developmental lineages, and highlight an epigenetic skewing associated with embryonic stem cell derivation. ..
- Jacobsen J, Sundvold Gjerstad V, Skjeldal F, Andersen J, Abrahamsen G, Bakke O, et al. B-cell tolerance to the B-cell receptor variable regions. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2577-87 pubmed publisher..Our data provide suggestive evidence for a mechanism whereby the B-cell compartment is partly purged of B cells with complementary BCRs. ..
- Strand M, Wilson S, Dembinski J, Holsworth D, Khvat A, Okun I, et al. A novel synthetic smoothened antagonist transiently inhibits pancreatic adenocarcinoma xenografts in a mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19904 pubmed publisher..Although MS-0022 primarily interferes with Hh signaling at the level of SMO, it also has a downstream inhibitory effect and leads to a stronger reduction of growth in several tumor cell lines when compared to related SMO antagonists. ..
- Forus A, D Angelo A, Henriksen J, Merla G, Maelandsmo G, Flørenes V, et al. Amplification and overexpression of PRUNE in human sarcomas and breast carcinomas-a possible mechanism for altering the nm23-H1 activity. Oncogene. 2001;20:6881-90 pubmed..We suggest that amplification and overexpression of PRUNE could be a mechanism for inhibition of nm23-H1 activity that affect the development or progression of these tumours. ..
- Dellacasagrande J, Schreurs O, Hofgaard P, Omholt H, Steinsvoll S, Schenck K, et al. Liver metastasis of cancer facilitated by chemokine receptor CCR6. Scand J Immunol. 2003;57:534-44 pubmed..As metastasis in patients with cancer poses the biggest peril for survival, inhibition of CCR6 signalling, either during or after medical or surgical treatment, might be useful in preventing liver metastasis. ..
- Rutkovskiy A, Mariero L, Nygard S, Stensløkken K, Valen G, Vaage J. Transient hyperosmolality modulates expression of cardiac aquaporins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:70-5 pubmed publisher..As in the brain, expression of AQP1 and -4 in the heart is influenced by changes in plasma osmolality. Changes in AQP expression may alter cardiac function in hyperosmotic states. ..
- Grodeland G, Mjaaland S, Roux K, Fredriksen A, Bogen B. DNA vaccine that targets hemagglutinin to MHC class II molecules rapidly induces antibody-mediated protection against influenza. J Immunol. 2013;191:3221-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MHC II-targeted DNA vaccines could play a role in situations of pandemic threats. The vaccine principle should be extendable to other infectious diseases. ..
- Bernardshaw S, Johnson E, Hetland G. An extract of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill administered orally protects against systemic Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in mice. Scand J Immunol. 2005;62:393-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that AbM extract may be useful as additional prophylactic and possibly therapeutic treatment against bacterial and possibly other infections in humans. ..
- Puchades M, Sogn C, Maehlen J, Bergersen L, Gundersen V. Unaltered lactate and glucose transporter levels in the MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease. J Parkinsons Dis. 2013;3:371-85 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to findings in other neurodegenerative disease, such as mesial temporal lobe epilepsy, where there are large alterations in MCT levels. ..
- Carlsen H, Moskaug J, Fromm S, Blomhoff R. In vivo imaging of NF-kappa B activity. J Immunol. 2002;168:1441-6 pubmed..Thus, we have developed a versatile model for monitoring NF-kappaB activation in vivo. ..
- Melkild I, Groeng E, Leikvold R, Granum B, Løvik M. Maternal allergen immunization during pregnancy in a mouse model reduces adult allergy-related antibody responses in the offspring. Clin Exp Allergy. 2002;32:1370-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that IgE suppression is stronger after maternal allergen exposure during early pregnancy than after exposure in late pregnancy. ..
- Tamburstuen M, Snead M, Reseland J, Paine M, Lyngstadaas S. Ameloblastin upstream region contains structural elements regulating transcriptional activity in a stromal cell line derived from bone marrow. Eur J Oral Sci. 2011;119 Suppl 1:286-92 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of Ambn gene-regulatory elements will be of importance when developing strategies for bone repair and replacement in a clinical surgical setting. ..
- Winsnes R, Sesardic D, Daas A, Behr Gross M. Collaborative study for the validation of serological methods for potency testing of diphtheria toxoid vaccines-part 1. Pharmeuropa Bio. 2004;2003:35-68 pubmed..In Phase III it will also be further investigated whether the serological assays for D and T components are suitable for the control of the multi-component vaccines currently marketed in Europe. ..
- Graff B, Benjaminsen I, Brurberg K, Ruud E, Rofstad E. Comparison of tumor blood perfusion assessed by dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI with tumor blood supply assessed by invasive imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2005;21:272-81 pubmed..To evaluate the potential of Gd-DTPA-based dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) for providing high-resolution tumor blood perfusion images...
- Revheim M, Seierstad T, Berner J, Bruland O, Røe K, Ohnstad H, et al. Establishment and characterization of a human gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) xenograft in athymic nude mice. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:4331-6 pubmed..This model will enable further studies on mechanisms of resistance, combination therapies and allow testing of novel targeted therapies. ..
- Malachin G, Reiten M, Salvesen Ø, Aanes H, Kamstra J, Skovgaard K, et al. Loss of prion protein induces a primed state of type I interferon-responsive genes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179881 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanism by which this is achieved will be an important topic for further research into PrPC physiology. ..
- Larsen E, Meza T, Kleppa L, Klungland A. Organ and cell specificity of base excision repair mutants in mice. Mutat Res. 2007;614:56-68 pubmed..These models should comprise combined deficiencies of DNA glycosylases which initiate the BER pathway, to elaborate on the repair redundancy, as well as conditional models of the intermediate steps of BER. ..
- Aasen J, Espenes A, Miles C, Samdal I, Hess P, Aune T. Combined oral toxicity of azaspiracid-1 and yessotoxin in female NMRI mice. Toxicon. 2011;57:909-17 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the very low absorption of YTX when given alone remained largely unchanged when YTX was administered in combination with AZA1. Thus, the oral toxicity of YTX is not enhanced in the presence of sub-lethal levels of AZA1. ..
- Moe Behrens G, Klinger F, Eskild W, Grotmol T, Haugen T, De Felici M. Akt/PTEN signaling mediates estrogen-dependent proliferation of primordial germ cells in vitro. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2630-8 pubmed..Based on these results, we present a novel experimental in vitro model for tumorigenic germ cell transformation and identify molecular pathways likely involved in development of germ cell tumors after estrogen exposure. ..
- Munthe L, Corthay A, Os A, Zangani M, Bogen B. Systemic autoimmune disease caused by autoreactive B cells that receive chronic help from Ig V region-specific T cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:2391-400 pubmed
- Saether P, Hoelsbrekken S, Fossum S, Dissen E. Rat and mouse CD94 associate directly with the activating transmembrane adaptor proteins DAP12 and DAP10 and activate NK cell cytotoxicity. J Immunol. 2011;187:6365-73 pubmed publisher..Remarkable from a phylogenetic perspective, this sheds new light on the evolution and function of the CD94/NKG2 receptor family. ..
- Han J, Ng G, Cecchini P, Chionh Y, Saeed M, NÃ¦ss L, et al. Heat shock protein complex vaccines induce antibodies against Neisseria meningitidis via a MyD88-independent mechanism. Vaccine. 2016;34:1704-11 pubmed publisher..In particular, these HSPC vaccines induced an antibody response without detectable T cell help. ..
- Nordeng T, Bakke O. Overexpression of proteins containing tyrosine- or leucine-based sorting signals affects transferrin receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21139-48 pubmed..Our results indicate that proteins with tyrosine- and leucine-based sorting signals can be transported along common saturable pathways. ..
- Galluzzi L, Baehrecke E, Ballabio A, Boya P, Bravo San Pedro J, Cecconi F, et al. Molecular definitions of autophagy and related processes. EMBO J. 2017;36:1811-1836 pubmed publisher..The ultimate objective of this collaborative exchange is to formulate recommendations that facilitate the dissemination of knowledge within and outside the field of autophagy research. ..
- Fader K, Nault R, Kirby M, Markous G, Matthews J, Zacharewski T. Convergence of hepcidin deficiency, systemic iron overloading, heme accumulation, and REV-ERBα/β activation in aryl hydrocarbon receptor-elicited hepatotoxicity. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;321:1-17 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Hamp repression, Fe accumulation, and increased heme levels converge to promote oxidative stress and the progression of TCDD-elicited hepatotoxicity. ..
- Saether P, Westgaard I, Flornes L, Hoelsbrekken S, Ryan J, Fossum S, et al. Molecular cloning of KLRI1 and KLRI2, a novel pair of lectin-like natural killer-cell receptors with opposing signalling motifs. Immunogenetics. 2005;56:833-9 pubmed..Epitope-tagged expression constructs of rat KLRI1 and rat KLRI2 induced surface expression of a nondisulphide-linked protein of M(r) 36,000/39,000 and M(r) 34,000, respectively. ..
- Bogen I, Haug K, Roberg B, Fonnum F, Walaas S. The importance of synapsin I and II for neurotransmitter levels and vesicular storage in cholinergic, glutamatergic and GABAergic nerve terminals. Neurochem Int. 2009;55:13-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results indicate that neurotransmitter regulation in central cholinergic synapses may be less dependent on synapsin I and II compared to the marked alterations seen in the glutamatergic and GABAergic synapses. ..
- Møllersen L, Paulsen J, Alexander J. Loss of heterozygosity and nonsense mutation in Apc in azoxymethane-induced colonic tumours in min mice. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:2595-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the main mechanism for colonic tumour induction in AOM-induced Min mice is LOH in Apc, but Apc nonsense mutations may also occur. ..
- Ruusalepp A, Czibik G, Flatebø T, Vaage J, Valen G. Myocardial protection evoked by hyperoxic exposure involves signaling through nitric oxide and mitogen activated protein kinases. Basic Res Cardiol. 2007;102:318-26 pubmed..Nitric oxide triggers hyperoxic protection, and ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK are involved in signaling of protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Brevik A, Rusnakova V, Duale N, Slagsvold H, Olsen A, Storeng R, et al. Preconceptional paternal glycidamide exposure affects embryonic gene expression: single embryo gene expression study following in vitro fertilization. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;32:463-71 pubmed publisher..Compared to controls paternal GA-exposure gave rise to an altered pattern of embryonic gene expression, with an initial reduced expression at early stages followed by increased expression at the 8-cell stage. ..
- Bettum I, Vasiliauskaite K, Nygaard V, Clancy T, Pettersen S, Tenstad E, et al. Metastasis-associated protein S100A4 induces a network of inflammatory cytokines that activate stromal cells to acquire pro-tumorigenic properties. Cancer Lett. 2014;344:28-39 pubmed publisher..Our data establishes S100A4 as an inducer of a cytokine network enabling tumor cells to engage angiogenic and inflammatory stromal cells, which might contribute to pro-metastatic activity of S100A4...