Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Graner S, Svensson T, Beau A, Damase Michel C, Engeland A, Furu K, et al. Neuraminidase inhibitors during pregnancy and risk of adverse neonatal outcomes and congenital malformations: population based European register study. BMJ. 2017;356:j629 pubmed publisher..The results support previously reported findings that the use of neuraminidase inhibitors is not associated with increased risks of adverse fetal or neonatal outcomes. ..
- Persson K, Eldholm R, Barca M, Cavallin L, Ferreira D, Knapskog A, et al. MRI-assessed atrophy subtypes in Alzheimer's disease and the cognitive reserve hypothesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186595 pubmed publisher..Patients with less formal education might present with clinically typical AD symptoms before they have positive biomarkers of AD and this finding might challenge suggested biomarker-based criteria for AD. ..
- Zuber V, Bettella F, Witoelar A, Andreassen O, Mills I, Urbanucci A. Bromodomain protein 4 discriminates tissue-specific super-enhancers containing disease-specific susceptibility loci in prostate and breast cancer. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:270 pubmed publisher..Our study represents a proof of principle applicable to other diseases and traits that can be used to redefine molecular mechanisms of human phenotypic variation. ..
- Nelson K, Tøge A. Health trends in the wake of the financial crisis-increasing inequalities?. Scand J Public Health. 2017;45:22-29 pubmed publisher..We did not observe increasing health inequalities in terms of levels of educational attainment and gender. ..
- Kleive D, Sahakyan M, Berstad A, Verbeke C, Gladhaug I, Edwin B, et al. Trends in indications, complications and outcomes for venous resection during pancreatoduodenectomy. Br J Surg. 2017;104:1558-1567 pubmed publisher..Despite an initial improvement in severe complications for venous resection during pancreatoduodenectomy, this was not maintained over time. Every fourth patient with venous resection needed relaparotomy, most frequently for bleeding. ..
- Berentsen S, Randen U, Oksman M, Birgens H, Tvedt T, Dalgaard J, et al. Bendamustine plus rituximab for chronic cold agglutinin disease: results of a Nordic prospective multicenter trial. Blood. 2017;130:537-541 pubmed publisher..The trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT02689986. ..
- Ez Zaitouni Z, Bakker P, van Lunteren M, de Hooge M, van den Berg R, Reijnierse M, et al. The yield of a positive MRI of the spine as imaging criterion in the ASAS classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis: results from the SPACE and DESIR cohorts. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1731-1736 pubmed publisher..Addition of MRI-spine as imaging criterion to the ASAS axSpA criteria had a low yield of newly classified patients and is therefore not recommended. ..
- Seibert T, Fan C, Wang Y, Zuber V, Karunamuni R, Parsons J, et al. Polygenic hazard score to guide screening for aggressive prostate cancer: development and validation in large scale cohorts. BMJ. 2018;360:j5757 pubmed publisher..Polygenic hazard scores can be used for personalised genetic risk estimates that can predict for age at onset of aggressive PCa. ..
- Mårild K, Tapia G, Haugen M, Dahl S, Cohen A, Lundqvist M, et al. Maternal and neonatal vitamin D status, genotype and childhood celiac disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179080 pubmed publisher..Adjustment for established genetic risk markers for celiac disease gave similar results. We found no support for the hypothesis that maternal or neonatal vitamin D status is related to the risk of childhood celiac disease. ..
- Avouac J, Guignabert C, Hoffmann Vold A, Ruiz B, Dorfmuller P, Pezet S, et al. Role of Stromelysin 2 (Matrix Metalloproteinase 10) as a Novel Mediator of Vascular Remodeling Underlying Pulmonary Hypertension Associated With Systemic Sclerosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2209-2221 pubmed publisher..MMP10 is overexpressed in the serum and pulmonary arteries of patients with SSc-associated PH, and its blockade alleviates PH in the Fra-2-Tg mouse model. MMP10 appears to be a prospective treatment target for this devastating disorder. ..
- Haug E, Øie M, Andreassen O, Bratlien U, Nelson B, Melle I, et al. High levels of anomalous self-experience are associated with longer duration of untreated psychosis. Early Interv Psychiatry. 2017;11:133-138 pubmed publisher..To investigate the relationship between anomalous self-experiences and duration of untreated psychosis in a sample of patients with first-episode schizophrenia spectrum disorders...
- Plana J, Galderisi M, Barac A, Ewer M, Ky B, Scherrer Crosbie M, et al. Expert consensus for multimodality imaging evaluation of adult patients during and after cancer therapy: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014;27:911-39 pubmed publisher
- Jørgensen S, Søraas A, Sundsfjord A, Liestøl K, Leegaard T, Jenum P. Fecal carriage of extended spectrum ?-lactamase producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae after urinary tract infection - A three year prospective cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173510 pubmed publisher..When investigating cross-transmission of ESBL producing bacteria in health care institutions, this notion should be taken into account. ..
- Holt E, Tønnessen T, Lunde P, Semb S, Wasserstrom J, Sejersted O, et al. Mechanisms of cardiomyocyte dysfunction in heart failure following myocardial infarction in rats. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 1998;30:1581-93 pubmed..Moreover, we were able to relate the observed cardiomyocyte dysfunction to changes in specific steps in the excitation-contraction coupling. ..
- Schultz J, Wallon C, Blecic L, Forsmo H, Folkesson J, Buchwald P, et al. One-year results of the SCANDIV randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic lavage versus primary resection for acute perforated diverticulitis. Br J Surg. 2017;104:1382-1392 pubmed publisher..Assessment to exclude malignancy (although uncommon) is advised. Registration number: NCT01047462 ( http://www.clinicaltrials.gov). ..
- Ames H, Njang D, Glenton C, Fretheim A, Kaufman J, Hill S, et al. Stakeholder perceptions of communication about vaccination in two regions of Cameroon: A qualitative case study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183721 pubmed publisher..This study confirms that parents regard information about childhood vaccination as important, but that health services need to be organized in ways that prioritize and facilitate communication, particularly about routine vaccination. ..
- Robsahm T, Falk R, Heir T, Sandvik L, Vos L, Erikssen J, et al. Cardiorespiratory fitness and risk of site-specific cancers: a long-term prospective cohort study. Cancer Med. 2017;6:865-873 pubmed publisher..05). For other cancer sites, no significant association was found. Our results indicate that high midlife CRF may have cancer-preventive value. ..
- Engjom H, Morken N, Høydahl E, Norheim O, Klungsøyr K. Increased risk of peripartum perinatal mortality in unplanned births outside an institution: a retrospective population-based study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:210.e1-210.e12 pubmed publisher..The results show the importance of skilled birth attendance and warrant attention from clinicians and policy makers to negative consequences of reduced access to institutions. ..
- Egeland E, Robertsen I, Hermann M, Midtvedt K, Størset E, Gustavsen M, et al. High Tacrolimus Clearance Is a Risk Factor for Acute Rejection in the Early Phase After Renal Transplantation. Transplantation. 2017;101:e273-e279 pubmed publisher..Delays in dosing time will result in transient periods of lower concentrations in high versus low clearance patients. Transient subtherapeutic tacrolimus concentrations may induce acute rejection episodes...
- Heuch I, Heuch I, Hagen K, Zwart J. Physical activity level at work and risk of chronic low back pain: A follow-up in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175086 pubmed publisher..Men participating in particularly strenuous work also experienced a higher risk of chronic low back pain. ..
- Roth G, Johnson C, Abajobir A, Abd Allah F, Abera S, Abyu G, et al. Global, Regional, and National Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases for 10 Causes, 1990 to 2015. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1-25 pubmed publisher..Future updates of the GBD study can be used to guide policymakers who are focused on reducing the overall burden of noncommunicable disease and achieving specific global health targets for CVD. ..
- Zeller B, Glosli H, Forestier E, Ha S, Jahnukainen K, Jonsson O, et al. Hyperleucocytosis in paediatric acute myeloid leukaemia - the challenge of white blood cell counts above 200 × 109 /l. The NOPHO experience 1984-2014. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:448-456 pubmed publisher..We conclude that death within the first days after diagnosis is the major challenge in patients with high WBC and advocate rapid initiation of intensive chemotherapy. ..
- Rand Hendriksen K, Ramos Goñi J, Augestad L, Luo N. Less Is More: Cross-Validation Testing of Simplified Nonlinear Regression Model Specifications for EQ-5D-5L Health State Values. Value Health. 2017;20:945-952 pubmed publisher..To reduce the risk of overfitting, cross-validation is recommended to inform model selection in future EQ-5D valuation studies. ..
- Visagie S, Eide A, Dyrstad K, Mannan H, Swartz L, Schneider M, et al. Factors related to environmental barriers experienced by persons with and without disabilities in diverse African settings. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186342 pubmed publisher..Reducing barriers for the general population would go some way to reduce the impact of these for persons with activity limitations, but additional and specific adaptations will be required to ensure an inclusive society...
- Jørstad Ø, Faber R, Moe M. Two-year functional and anatomical results after converting treatment resistant eyes with exudative age-related macular degeneration to aflibercept in accordance with a treat and extend protocol. Acta Ophthalmol. 2017;95:460-463 pubmed publisher..There was a small decrease in mean BCVA after the second year of treatment. About half of the eyes required treatment more frequently than the recommended aflibercept label of an 8-week interval. ..
- Ystrom E, Gustavson K, Brandlistuen R, Knudsen G, Magnus P, Susser E, et al. Prenatal Exposure to Acetaminophen and Risk of ADHD. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Long-term maternal use of acetaminophen during pregnancy was substantially associated with ADHD even after adjusting for indications of use, familial risk of ADHD, and other potential confounders. ..
- Seemann F, Pahlm U, Steding Ehrenborg K, Ostenfeld E, Erlinge D, Dubois Rande J, et al. Time-resolved tracking of the atrioventricular plane displacement in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR) images. BMC Med Imaging. 2017;17:19 pubmed publisher..The proposed algorithm show good agreement and low bias with the reference standard, and with an agreement in parity with inter-observer variability. Thus, it can be used as an automatic method of tracking and measuring AVPD in CMR. ..
- Aass C, Norheim I, Eriksen E, Børnick E, Thorsby P, Pepaj M. Establishment of a tear protein biomarker panel differentiating between Graves' disease with or without orbitopathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175274 pubmed publisher..003). We have established a novel three-protein biomarker panel that is able to discriminate between GD patients with and without GO, which might aid in diagnostic evaluation of GO as well as an indicator for disease activity. ..
- Ascierto P, Del Vecchio M, Robert C, Mackiewicz A, Chiarion Sileni V, Arance A, et al. Ipilimumab 10 mg/kg versus ipilimumab 3 mg/kg in patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma: a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:611-622 pubmed publisher..Although the treatment landscape for advanced melanoma has changed since this study was initiated, the clinical use of ipilimumab in refractory patients with unmet medical needs could warrant further assessment. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Silventoinen K, Jelenkovic A, Sund R, Yokoyama Y, Hur Y, Cozen W, et al. Differences in genetic and environmental variation in adult BMI by sex, age, time period, and region: an individual-based pooled analysis of 40 twin cohorts. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:457-466 pubmed publisher..Our results show a strong influence of genetic factors on BMI, especially in early adulthood, regardless of the obesity level in the population. ..
- Miro O, Galicia M, Dargan P, Dines A, Giraudon I, Heyerdahl F, et al. Intoxication by gamma hydroxybutyrate and related analogues: Clinical characteristics and comparison between pure intoxication and that combined with other substances of abuse. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:84-91 pubmed publisher..The clinical features are more severe when GHB is consumed in combination with other substances of abuse. ..
- Larsen K, Huang T, Møller N, Andersen L, Sørensen J. Cost-effectiveness of a day-camp weight-loss intervention programme for children: Results based on a randomised controlled trial with one-year follow-up. Scand J Public Health. 2017;45:666-674 pubmed publisher..However, the CG was more costly. The results observed in the present study may be helpful in guiding decision makers to take more informed decisions when choosing different types of intervention. ..
- Romøren M, Gjelstad S, Lindbæk M. A structured training program for health workers in intravenous treatment with fluids and antibiotics in nursing homes: A modified stepped-wedge cluster-randomised trial to reduce hospital admissions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182619 pubmed publisher..A brief educational program delivered to nursing home personnel was feasible and effective in reducing acute hospital admissions from nursing homes for treatment of dehydration and infections. ..
- Helvik A, Saltyte Benth J, Wu B, Engedal K, Selbæk G. Persistent use of psychotropic drugs in nursing home residents in Norway. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:52 pubmed publisher..Closer attention should be paid to follow-up of psychotropic drug treatment, and especially for long -term use of antipsychotics, since the duration of such treatment should be as short as possible. ..
- Nesvåg R, Jonsson E, Bakken I, Knudsen G, Bjella T, Reichborn Kjennerud T, et al. The quality of severe mental disorder diagnoses in a national health registry as compared to research diagnoses based on structured interview. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:93 pubmed publisher..0% for bipolar disorder. When compared to research-based diagnoses, clinical diagnoses of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in the NPR are accurate and consistent, with minimal diagnostic overlap between the two disorders. ..
- Skraastad E, Ræder J, Dahl V, Bjertnæs L, Kuklin V. Development and validation of the Efficacy Safety Score (ESS), a novel tool for postoperative patient management. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:50 pubmed publisher..Further clinical trials are warranted to evaluate the usefulness of ESS as a simple tool for assessment of the postoperative safety and quality of patients. ..
- Aas R, Haveraaen L, Sagvaag H, Thørrisen M. The influence of alcohol consumption on sickness presenteeism and impaired daily activities. The WIRUS screening study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186503 pubmed publisher..Interventions targeting alcohol consumption should benefit from focusing on binge drinking behavior. ..
- Sitali D, Mumba C, Skjerve E, Mweemba O, Kabonesa C, Mwinyi M, et al. Awareness and attitudes towards anthrax and meat consumption practices among affected communities in Zambia: A mixed methods approach. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005580 pubmed publisher..It is also important to involve the affected communities and collaborate with other disciplines in order to effectively tackle poverty, improve veterinary services and address inherent meat consumption practices within the communities. ..
- Sima B, Belachew T, Abebe F. Knowledge, attitude and perceived stigma towards tuberculosis among pastoralists; Do they differ from sedentary communities? A comparative cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181032 pubmed publisher..Strategic health communications pertinent to the pastoralists way of life should be planned and implemented to improve the awareness gap about tuberculosis. ..
- Petersen K, Hultman M, Bytingsvik J, Harju M, Evenset A, Tollefsen K. Characterizing cytotoxic and estrogenic activity of Arctic char tissue extracts in primary Arctic char hepatocytes. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:1017-1030 pubmed publisher..Although compounds such as estrogenic OH-PCBs were quantified in Ellasjøen F3 extracts, it remains to be determined which compounds were inducing estrogenic effects. ..
- Stigen O, Christensen K. Calcification of intervertebral discs in the dachshund: an estimation of heritability. Acta Vet Scand. 1993;34:357-61 pubmed
- Ladenstein R, Potschger U, Pearson A, Brock P, Luksch R, Castel V, et al. Busulfan and melphalan versus carboplatin, etoposide, and melphalan as high-dose chemotherapy for high-risk neuroblastoma (HR-NBL1/SIOPEN): an international, randomised, multi-arm, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:500-514 pubmed publisher..European Commission 5th Framework Grant and the St Anna Kinderkrebsforschung. ..
- Peplonska B, Bukowska A, Wieczorek E, Przybek M, Zienolddiny S, Reszka E. Rotating night work, lifestyle factors, obesity and promoter methylation in BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes among nurses and midwives. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178792 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study weakly support the hypothesis that smoking may contribute to epigenetic events. ..
- Jugessur A, Shi M, Gjessing H, Lie R, Wilcox A, Weinberg C, et al. Fetal genetic risk of isolated cleft lip only versus isolated cleft lip and palate: a subphenotype analysis using two population-based studies of orofacial clefts in Scandinavia. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:85-92 pubmed publisher
- Clench Aas J, Holte A. The financial crisis in Europe: Impact on satisfaction with life. Scand J Public Health. 2017;45:30-40 pubmed publisher..The long-term decline in LS after the start of the financial crisis tended to occur especially in the higher socioeconomic groups. ..
- Wortinger L, Glenne Øie M, Endestad T, Bruun Wyller V. Altered right anterior insular connectivity and loss of associated functions in adolescent chronic fatigue syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184325 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a distinct biological signature of adolescent CFS and might represent a fundamental role of the dAI in motivated behavior. ..
- Elstad M, Zilakos I, Bergersen T. Oscillatory pattern of acral skin blood flow within thermoneutral zone in healthy humans. Physiol Meas. 2017;38:848-859 pubmed publisher..We found that the relative fluctuations in acral skin blood flow increased during vasoconstriction due to cooling. Wavelet analysis of acral skin blood flow oscillations could serve as a future clinical tool. ..
- Alehagen U, Johansson P, Aaseth J, Alexander J, Wågsäter D. Significant changes in circulating microRNA by dietary supplementation of selenium and coenzyme Q10 in healthy elderly males. A subgroup analysis of a prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174880 pubmed publisher..However, more research is needed to understand biological mechanisms of the protective effects of selenium and Q10 supplementation. ..
- Minoia F, Bovis F, Davì S, Insalaco A, Lehmberg K, Shenoi S, et al. Development and Initial Validation of the Macrophage Activation Syndrome/Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Score, a Diagnostic Tool that Differentiates Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis from Macrophage Activation Syndrome. J Pediatr. 2017;189:72-78.e3 pubmed publisher..The MH score is a powerful tool that may aid practitioners to identify patients who are more likely to have pHLH and, thus, could be prioritized for functional and genetic testing. ..
- Ivanovic J, Larsson P, Østby Y, Hald J, Krossnes B, Fjeld J, et al. Seizure outcomes of temporal lobe epilepsy surgery in patients with normal MRI and without specific histopathology. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:757-766 pubmed publisher..Typical ictal seizure semiology and localised ictal discharges on scalp EEG were predictors of Engel class I outcome. ..
- Herstad K, Gajardo K, Bakke A, Moe L, Ludvigsen J, Rudi K, et al. A diet change from dry food to beef induces reversible changes on the faecal microbiota in healthy, adult client-owned dogs. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:147 pubmed publisher..Long-term studies are required to investigate potential implications for canine gut and general health. ..
- Malachin G, Reiten M, Salvesen Ø, Aanes H, Kamstra J, Skovgaard K, et al. Loss of prion protein induces a primed state of type I interferon-responsive genes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179881 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanism by which this is achieved will be an important topic for further research into PrPC physiology. ..
- Soligard T, Steffen K, Palmer D, Alonso J, Bahr R, Lopes A, et al. Sports injury and illness incidence in the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Summer Games: A prospective study of 11274 athletes from 207 countries. Br J Sports Med. 2017;51:1265-1271 pubmed publisher..Overall, 8% of the athletes incurred at least one injury during the Olympic Games, and 5% an illness, which is slightly lower than in the Olympic Summer Games of 2008 and 2012. ..
- Færch K, Witte D, Brunner E, Kivimaki M, Tabak A, Jørgensen M, et al. Physical Activity and Improvement of Glycemia in Prediabetes by Different Diagnostic Criteria. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3712-3721 pubmed publisher..The effects of physical activity (PA) on improvement of glycemia may differ between prediabetic individuals defined by oral glucose tolerance test vs glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c)...
- Strell C, Norberg K, Mezheyeuski A, Schnittert J, Kuninty P, Moro C, et al. Stroma-regulated HMGA2 is an independent prognostic marker in PDAC and AAC. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:65-77 pubmed publisher..Correlative data analysis gives novel tissue-based evidence for a heterotypic cross-talk with stroma cells as a possible mechanism for HMGA2 induction, which is further supported by experimental models. ..
- Celis Morales C, Marsaux C, Livingstone K, Navas Carretero S, San Cristobal R, Fallaize R, et al. Can genetic-based advice help you lose weight? Findings from the Food4Me European randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1204-1213 pubmed publisher..048)].Conclusions: There are greater body weight and WC reductions in risk carriers than in nonrisk carriers of the FTO gene. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01530139. ..
- Ngcungcu T, Oti M, Sitek J, Haukanes B, Linghu B, Bruccoleri R, et al. Duplicated Enhancer Region Increases Expression of CTSB and Segregates with Keratolytic Winter Erythema in South African and Norwegian Families. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:737-750 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, KWE in South African and Norwegian families is caused by tandem duplications in a non-coding genomic region containing an active enhancer element for CTSB, resulting in upregulation of this gene in affected individuals. ..
- Jørgensen K, Olsen I, Goll G, Lorentzen M, Bolstad N, Haavardsholm E, et al. Switching from originator infliximab to biosimilar CT-P13 compared with maintained treatment with originator infliximab (NOR-SWITCH): a 52-week, randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Lancet. 2017;389:2304-2316 pubmed publisher..The study was not powered to show non-inferiority in individual diseases. Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services. ..
- Kolle E, Horta B, Wells J, Brage S, Barros F, Ekelund U, et al. Does objectively measured physical activity modify the association between early weight gain and fat mass in young adulthood?. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:905 pubmed publisher..Conditional weight gain between 2 and 4 years of age is associated with increased FMI at age 30 years. However, higher levels of MVPA appear to attenuate this detrimental association. ..
- Opjordsmoen S, Fossa S. Quality of life in patients treated for penile cancer. A follow-up study. Br J Urol. 1994;74:652-7 pubmed..Psychosocial treatment might be helpful for patients with mental symptoms. ..
- Deyab G, Hokstad I, Whist J, Småstuen M, Agewall S, Lyberg T, et al. Anti-rheumatic treatment is not associated with reduction of pentraxin 3 in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0169830 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, even though s-PTX3 is thought to be a strong predictor of cardiovascular prognosis, it was not related to EF. ..
- Sanders M, van Doormaal P, Beeftink M, Bots M, Fadl Elmula F, Habets J, et al. Renal artery and parenchymal changes after renal denervation: assessment by magnetic resonance angiography. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:3934-3941 pubmed publisher..1%. â€¢ No renal vascular or parenchymal changes other than stenoses were observed. â€¢ Ablations were applied near the stenosis in only one of three patients. ..
- Popperud T, Viken M, Kerty E, Lie B. Juvenile myasthenia gravis in Norway: HLA-DRB1*04:04 is positively associated with prepubertal onset. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186383 pubmed publisher..4%, P = 0.0002) but also increased among prepubertal onset MG (23.5%, P = 0.05). This study provides novel information about HLA susceptibility alleles in Norwegian juvenile MG where HLA-DRB1*04:04 was associated with prepubertal onset. ..
- Nyakarahuka L, Skjerve E, Nabadda D, Sitali D, Mumba C, Mwiine F, et al. Knowledge and attitude towards Ebola and Marburg virus diseases in Uganda using quantitative and participatory epidemiology techniques. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005907 pubmed publisher..The public health sector should enhance this community knowledge gap to empower them more by supplying educational materials for epidemic preparedness in future using appropriate communication channels as proposed by the communities. ..
- Høyland A, Nærland T, Engstrøm M, Lydersen S, Andreassen O. The relation between face-emotion recognition and social function in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: A case control study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186124 pubmed publisher..It also points towards alterations in top-down attention control in the ASD group. This suggests novel disease-related features that should be investigated in more details in experimental settings. ..
- Gelpi M, Hartling H, Ueland P, Ullum H, Trøseid M, Nielsen S. Tryptophan catabolism and immune activation in primary and chronic HIV infection. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:349 pubmed publisher..Importantly, KTR in primary HIV infection predicted the magnitude of subsequent reduction in immune activation. Thus, a beneficial effect of early cART on KTR was suggested. ..
- Gabriele M, Vulto van Silfhout A, Germain P, Vitriolo A, Kumar R, Douglas E, et al. YY1 Haploinsufficiency Causes an Intellectual Disability Syndrome Featuring Transcriptional and Chromatin Dysfunction. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:907-925 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define a clinical syndrome caused by haploinsufficiency of YY1 through dysregulation of key transcriptional regulators. ..
- Tan C, Hyman B, Tan J, Hess C, Dillon W, Schellenberg G, et al. Polygenic hazard scores in preclinical Alzheimer disease. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:484-488 pubmed publisher..Beyond APOE, PHS may help identify asymptomatic individuals at highest risk for developing Alzheimer neurodegeneration. Ann Neurol 2017;82:484-488...
- Ruddox V, Norum I, Stokke T, Edvardsen T, Otterstad J. Focused cardiac ultrasound by unselected residents-the challenges. BMC Med Imaging. 2017;17:22 pubmed publisher..A FoCUS protocol with a 4-h training program gained clinical usefulness in one third of examinations. False positive findings represented the major challenge. ..
- Wang E, Siu P, Pang M, Woo J, Collins A, Benzie I. Vitamin D deficiency, oxidative stress and antioxidant status: only weak association seen in the absence of advanced age, obesity or pre-existing disease. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:11-16 pubmed publisher..Poor antioxidant status may pre-date increased oxidative stress. Study of effects of correction of deficiency on antioxidant status and oxidative stress in vitamin D-deficient but otherwise healthy subjects is needed. ..
- Seeberg L, Brunborg C, Waage A, Hugenschmidt H, Renolen A, Stav I, et al. Survival Impact of Primary Tumor Lymph Node Status and Circulating Tumor Cells in Patients with Colorectal Liver Metastases. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:2113-2121 pubmed publisher..Assessment of CTC in addition to nodal status may contribute to improved classification of patients into high- and low-risk groups, which has the potential to guide and improve treatment strategies. ..
- Hamre C, Botolfsen P, Tangen G, Helbostad J. Interrater and test-retest reliability and validity of the Norwegian version of the BESTest and mini-BESTest in people with increased risk of falling. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:92 pubmed publisher..The concurrent validity measured against the FES-I showed moderate correlation. The results are comparable with earlier studies and indicate that the Norwegian versions can be used in daily clinic and in research. ..
- Skare Ø, Gjessing H, Gjerdevik M, Haaland Ø, Romanowska J, Lie R, et al. A new approach to chromosome-wide analysis of X-linked markers identifies new associations in Asian and European case-parent triads of orofacial clefts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183772 pubmed publisher..Further efforts are needed to verify and elucidate the potential roles of EFNB1/PJA1, KLHL4, TBX22, CPXCR1 and BCOR in isolated clefts. ..
- Uhlig T, Goll G. Reviewing the evidence for biosimilars: key insights, lessons learned and future horizons. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:iv49-iv62 pubmed publisher..Additional ongoing studies and registries may help to optimize the process of switching, and different funding models are examining the optimal mechanisms to ensure effective uptake of these new treatments. ..
- Winsvold B, Bettella F, Witoelar A, Anttila V, Gormley P, Kurth T, et al. Shared genetic risk between migraine and coronary artery disease: A genome-wide analysis of common variants. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185663 pubmed publisher..Understanding the biological mechanisms underpinning this shared risk is likely to improve our understanding of both disorders...
- Panagopoulos I, Gorunova L, Bjerkehagen B, Andersen K, Lund Iversen M, Heim S. Loss of chromosome 13 material in cellular angiofibromas indicates pathogenetic similarity with spindle cell lipomas. Diagn Pathol. 2017;12:17 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate loss of chromosome 13 material in cellular angiofibroma, though not as the sole cytogenetic change, confirming the (cyto)genetic similarity of these tumors with spindle cell lipomas. ..
- Lønnebakken M, de Simone G, Saeed S, Boman K, Rossebø A, Bahlmann E, et al. Impact of stroke volume on cardiovascular risk during progression of aortic valve stenosis. Heart. 2017;103:1443-1448 pubmed publisher..In patients with AS in the SEAS study, lower baseline SVI was associated with higher HR of major CV events and total mortality independent of major confounders. NCT00092677: Results. ..
- Mgongo M, Chotta N, Hashim T, Uriyo J, Damian D, Stray Pedersen B, et al. Underweight, Stunting and Wasting among Children in Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania; a Population-Based Cross-Sectional Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..The prevalence of child undernutrition is high in this region. Strategies that target each risk factor for child undernutrition may help to reduce the problem in the region. ..
- Smeland T, Muller F, Blomfeldt A, Stavem K, Aamot H. No associations established between single nucleotide polymorphisms in human Toll-like receptor 2 and Toll-interacting protein and Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections. APMIS. 2017;125:927-932 pubmed publisher..The included TLR2 and TOLLIP polymorphisms were not associated with susceptibility to SABSI, severity, 30-day all-cause mortality, or SABSI caused by the clonal complex 30 (CC30) genotype. ..