Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
Publications1246 found, 100 shown here
- Johansen A, Wilcox A, Lie R, Andersen L, Drevon C. Maternal consumption of coffee and caffeine-containing beverages and oral clefts: a population-based case-control study in Norway. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;169:1216-22 pubmed publisher..Adjustment for known confounding factors in general had minor effects on risk estimates. Still, the authors could not rule out the possibility of uncontrolled confounding by factors associated with the habit of drinking coffee. ..
- Cameron J, Ranheim T, Halvorsen B, Kulseth M, Leren T, Berge K. Tangier disease caused by compound heterozygosity for ABCA1 mutations R282X and Y1532C. Atherosclerosis. 2010;209:163-6 pubmed publisher..Inherited low levels of high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol may be due to mutations in the genes encoding the ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1), apolipoprotein (apo) A-I or lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT)...
- Witsø E, Cinek O, Aldrin M, Grinde B, Rasmussen T, Wetlesen T, et al. Predictors of sub-clinical enterovirus infections in infants: a prospective cohort study. Int J Epidemiol. 2010;39:459-68 pubmed publisher..Several factors may modify the risk for enterovirus infections in the first year of life. This study supports the protective effect of breastfeeding. The protection decreased with age and increased with dose of ingested milk. ..
- Pettersen F, Tasken K, Kvale D. Combined Env- and Gag-specific T cell responses in relation to programmed death-1 receptor and CD4 T cell loss rates in human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;161:315-23 pubmed publisher..The Env/Gag ratio may reflect the balance between possibly beneficial (Gag) and detrimental (Env) CD8(+) T cell responses and should be explored further as a progression marker. ..
- Fiva J, Haegeland T, Rønning M. Health status after cancer: does it matter which hospital you belong to?. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:204 pubmed publisher..This analysis shows that indicators based on survival and post-diagnosis employment may capture different parts of the health status distribution, and that using only one of them to capture quality of care may be insufficient. ..
- Robstad B, Frihagen F, Nordsletten L. The rate of hip osteoarthritis in patients with proximal femoral fractures versus hip contusion. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:901-5 pubmed publisher..We found no differences on the injured side in the rate of hip OA between hip fracture patients and hip contusion patients. ..
- Kraugerud M, Zimmer K, Ropstad E, Verhaegen S. Perfluorinated compounds differentially affect steroidogenesis and viability in the human adrenocortical carcinoma (H295R) in vitro cell assay. Toxicol Lett. 2011;205:62-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, PFCs appear to differentially affect cell viability with induction of cell death via apoptosis at high doses of PFNA. ..
- Skirbekk B, Hansen B, Oerbeck B, Wentzel Larsen T, Kristensen H. Motor impairment in children with anxiety disorders. Psychiatry Res. 2012;198:135-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that assessment of motor function is important in understanding the daily challenges of children with AnxDs. ..
- Duale N, Brunborg G, RÃ¸nningen K, Briese T, Aarem J, Aas K, et al. Human blood RNA stabilization in samples collected and transported for a large biobank. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:510 pubmed publisher..We also show that the 50,000 samples collected in the MoBa biobank provide RNA of high quality and in sufficient amounts to allow gene expression analyses for studying the association of disease with altered patterns of gene expression. ..
- Wang H, Liddell C, Coates M, Mooney M, Levitz C, Schumacher A, et al. Global, regional, and national levels of neonatal, infant, and under-5 mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014;384:957-79 pubmed publisher..Without further accelerated progress, many countries in west and central Africa will still have high levels of under-5 mortality in 2030. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, US Agency for International Development. ..
- Kucera A, Borg Distefano M, Berg Larsen A, Skjeldal F, Repnik U, Bakke O, et al. Spatiotemporal Resolution of Rab9 and CI-MPR Dynamics in the Endocytic Pathway. Traffic. 2016;17:211-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Rab9 mediates the delivery of CI-MPR to the endosomal pathway, entering the maturing endosome at the early-to-late transition. ..
- Duell E, Lujan Barroso L, Sala N, Deitz McElyea S, Overvad K, Tjonneland A, et al. Plasma microRNAs as biomarkers of pancreatic cancer risk in a prospective cohort study. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:905-915 pubmed publisher..A score based on the panel showed a linear dose-response trend with risk (p-value?=?0.0006). For shorter follow-up (?5 yr), AUC for the score was 0.73, and for individual miRs ranged from 0.73 (miR-212) to 0.79 (miR-21-5p). ..
- Waage A, Vardund T, Lund V, Kapperud G. Detection of small numbers of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli cells in environmental water, sewage, and food samples by a seminested PCR assay. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1636-43 pubmed..This rapid and sensitive nested PCR assay provides a useful tool for specific detection of C. jejuni or C. coli in drinking water, as well as environmental water, sewage, and food samples containing high levels of background organisms. ..
- Kalfoss M, Alve S. Self-reported psychological distress: an outcome that matters for community-residing adults with spina bifida. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2003;13 Suppl 1:S42-4 pubmed
- Börsum K, Gjermo P. Relationship between knowledge and attitudes regarding HIV/AIDS among dental school employees and students. Eur J Dent Educ. 2004;8:105-10 pubmed..A weak correlation between knowledge and two of the attitudes might indicate that knowledge plays a role in this respect. ..
- Nergard C, Diallo D, Inngjerdingen K, Michaelsen T, Matsumoto T, Kiyohara H, et al. Medicinal use of Cochlospermum tinctorium in Mali Anti-ulcer-, radical scavenging- and immunomodulating activities of polymers in the aqueous extract of the roots. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;96:255-69 pubmed..This study shows that the polysaccharides are partly responsible for the bioactivities observed in vitro. Both polysaccharides and polyphenols may be responsible for the anti-ulcer activities observed...
- Jarnjak Jankovic S, Pettersen R, Saebøe Larssen S, Wesenberg F, Gaudernack G. Evaluation of dendritic cells loaded with apoptotic cancer cells or expressing tumour mRNA as potential cancer vaccines against leukemia. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:20 pubmed..The results indicate that loading of DCs with apoptotic leukemia cells or transfection with tumour mRNA represent promising strategies for development of cancer vaccines for treatment of childhood leukemia. ..
- Andreassen A, Wergeland R, Simonsen S, Geiran O, Guevara C, Ueland T. N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide as an indicator of disease severity in a heterogeneous group of patients with chronic precapillary pulmonary hypertension. Am J Cardiol. 2006;98:525-9 pubmed
- Jonsdottir H, Friis S, Horne R, Pettersen K, Reikvam A, Andreassen O. Beliefs about medications: measurement and relationship to adherence in patients with severe mental disorders. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2009;119:78-84 pubmed publisher..The necessity subscale predicted adherence fairly well. The BMQ has satisfactory psychometric properties for use in patients with severe mental disorders. The constructs measured by the BMQ are related to adherence in these patients. ..
- Abeler V, Røyne O, Thoresen S, Danielsen H, Nesland J, Kristensen G. Uterine sarcomas in Norway. A histopathological and prognostic survey of a total population from 1970 to 2000 including 419 patients. Histopathology. 2009;54:355-64 pubmed publisher..There are marked differences in survival between uterine sarcoma types. Leiomyosarcomas and endometrial stromal sarcomas can be divided into different groups. ..
- Walhovd K, Westlye L, Moe V, Slinning K, Due Tønnessen P, Bjørnerud A, et al. White matter characteristics and cognition in prenatally opiate- and polysubstance-exposed children: a diffusion tensor imaging study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2010;31:894-900 pubmed publisher..Myelin in these areas may be particularly vulnerable to prenatal substance exposure. FA and DR related moderately to cognitive function. Potential confounding factors existed and were considered. ..
- Robertson L, Gjerde B, Furuseth Hansen E. The zoonotic potential of Giardia and Cryptosporidium in Norwegian sheep: a longitudinal investigation of 6 flocks of lambs. Vet Parasitol. 2010;171:140-5 pubmed publisher..xiaoi (non-zoonotic). These results suggest that sheep in Norway are unlikely to be an important reservoir of zoonotic Giardia in Norway, but might have some public health significance with respect to Cryptosporidium...
- Arnevik E, Wilberg T, Urnes Ø, Johansen M, Monsen J, Karterud S. Psychotherapy for personality disorders: 18 months' follow-up of the ullevål personality project. J Pers Disord. 2010;24:188-203 pubmed publisher..However, this study has to be supplemented with a cost-benefit analysis before any consideration of implications for health care planning. ..
- Brusegard K, Stavnes H, Nymoen D, Flatmark K, Trope C, Davidson B. Rab25 is overexpressed in Müllerian serous carcinoma compared to malignant mesothelioma. Virchows Arch. 2012;460:193-202 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm that Rab25 effectively differentiates Müllerian carcinomas from malignant mesothelioma at the mRNA and protein level, suggesting a role in the diagnostic work-up of serosal cancers. ..
- Heldal K, Barregard L, Larsson P, Ellingsen D. Pneumoproteins in sewage workers exposed to sewage dust. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2013;86:65-70 pubmed publisher..The positive association between exposure to bacteria and the serum concentrations of CC16 and SP-D may be explained by a transient increased permeability of the lung-blood barrier. ..
- Lekva T, Ueland T, Bøyum H, Evang J, Godang K, Bollerslev J. TXNIP is highly regulated in bone biopsies from patients with endogenous Cushing's syndrome and related to bone turnover. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012;166:1039-48 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that TXNIP may mediate some of the detrimental effects of GC on OB function as well as modulate OB-mediated osteoclastogenesis by regulating the OPG/RANKL ratio. ..
- Tamnes C, Walhovd K, Grydeland H, Holland D, Østby Y, Dale A, et al. Longitudinal working memory development is related to structural maturation of frontal and parietal cortices. J Cogn Neurosci. 2013;25:1611-23 pubmed publisher..The results provide the first direct evidence that structural maturation of a fronto-parietal cortical network supports working memory development. ..
- Bertelsen R, BrantsÃ¦ter A, Magnus M, Haugen M, Myhre R, Jacobsson B, et al. Probiotic milk consumption in pregnancy and infancy and subsequent childhood allergic diseases. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:165-71.e1-8 pubmed publisher..In this population-based cohort consumption of probiotic milk products was related to a reduced incidence of atopic eczema and rhinoconjunctivitis, but no association was seen for incidence of asthma by 36 months of age. ..
- Dahlgren C, Lask B, Landrø N, Rø Ø. Patient and parental self-reports of executive functioning in a sample of young female adolescents with anorexia nervosa before and after cognitive remediation therapy. Eur Eat Disord Rev. 2014;22:45-52 pubmed publisher..Changes are evaluated in light of the relationship between patients and parents and with regard to the limitations of the study design. ..
- Wilberg P, Kanellopoulos A, Ruud E, Hjermstad M, FossÃ¥ S, Herlofson B. Dental abnormalities after chemotherapy in long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia 7-40 years after diagnosis. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:1497-506 pubmed publisher..The increased risk of dental defects during adulthood should be communicated to ALL survivors. ..
- Lea M, Barstad I, Mathiesen L, Mowe M, Molden E. Effect of teaching and checklist implementation on accuracy of medication history recording at hospital admission. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38:20-4 pubmed publisher..e. 1 and 2, respectively (p = 0.087). More powerful strategies than non-mandatory teaching activities and checklist implementation are required to achieve sufficient improvements in medication history recording during hospitalization. ..
- Ladenstein R, Potschger U, Pearson A, Brock P, Luksch R, Castel V, et al. Busulfan and melphalan versus carboplatin, etoposide, and melphalan as high-dose chemotherapy for high-risk neuroblastoma (HR-NBL1/SIOPEN): an international, randomised, multi-arm, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:500-514 pubmed publisher..European Commission 5th Framework Grant and the St Anna Kinderkrebsforschung. ..
- Romøren M, Gjelstad S, Lindbæk M. A structured training program for health workers in intravenous treatment with fluids and antibiotics in nursing homes: A modified stepped-wedge cluster-randomised trial to reduce hospital admissions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182619 pubmed publisher..A brief educational program delivered to nursing home personnel was feasible and effective in reducing acute hospital admissions from nursing homes for treatment of dehydration and infections. ..
- Boe J, Dennis J, O Driscoll B, Bauer T, Carone M, Dautzenberg B, et al. European Respiratory Society Guidelines on the use of nebulizers. Eur Respir J. 2001;18:228-42 pubmed
- Frihagen F, Nordsletten L, Madsen J. Hemiarthroplasty or internal fixation for intracapsular displaced femoral neck fractures: randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2007;335:1251-4 pubmed..98, 0.69 to 1.40, P=0.92) Hemiarthroplasty is associated with better functional outcome than internal fixation in treatment of displaced fractures of the femoral neck in elderly patients. NCT00464230. ..
- Murrell W, Wetzig A, Donnellan M, Feron F, Burne T, Meedeniya A, et al. Olfactory mucosa is a potential source for autologous stem cell therapy for Parkinson's disease. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2183-92 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Razick S, Magklaras G, Donaldson I. iRefIndex: a consolidated protein interaction database with provenance. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:405 pubmed publisher..The resulting interaction reference index is provided in PSI-MITAB 2.5 format at http://irefindex.uio.no. This index may form the basis of alternative redundant groupings based on gene identifiers or near sequence identity groupings. ..
- Flobakk M, Rasmussen I, Lunde E, Frigstad T, Berntzen G, Michaelsen T, et al. Processing of an antigenic sequence from IgG constant domains for presentation by MHC class II. J Immunol. 2008;181:7062-72 pubmed..Comparing loop 4C(H)2 with loop 6C(H)1 mutants after injection of Ab in BALB/c mice, the former was by far the most efficient and induced specific T cell activation at concentrations at least 100-fold lower than loop 6C(H)1. ..
- Barca M, Engedal K, Laks J, Selbaek G. A 12 months follow-up study of depression among nursing-home patients in Norway. J Affect Disord. 2010;120:141-8 pubmed publisher..A higher score on Cornell Scale at baseline and a shorter stay in a nursing home were predictors for both incidence and persistence of clinically significant depressive symptoms. ..
- Aasland O, Rosta J, Nylenna M. Healthcare reforms and job satisfaction among doctors in Norway. Scand J Public Health. 2010;38:253-8 pubmed publisher..The consistent finding of increasing - rather than declining - job satisfaction among Norwegian doctors, contrasts with widely held opinions in the public. ..
- Olsen R, Garratt A, Iversen H, Bjertnaes O. Rasch analysis of the Psychiatric Out-Patient Experiences Questionnaire (POPEQ). BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:282 pubmed publisher..The 11-item instrument is recommended in future research on psychiatric out-patient experiences. Future development may lead to the construction of more precise measures of the three subdomains that the POPEQ is based on. ..
- Heiervang K, Mednick S, Sundet K, Rund B. The Chernobyl accident and cognitive functioning: a study of Norwegian adolescents exposed in utero. Dev Neuropsychol. 2010;35:643-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings add new and important support to the hypothesis that the Chernobyl accident had a specific effect on the neuropsychological functioning of those exposed prenatally. ..
- Øie E, Ueland T, Dahl C, Bohov P, Berge C, Yndestad A, et al. Fatty acid composition in chronic heart failure: low circulating levels of eicosatetraenoic acid and high levels of vaccenic acid are associated with disease severity and mortality. J Intern Med. 2011;270:263-72 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that patients with HF are characterized by a certain FA phenotype and may support a link between disturbed FA composition and the progression of HF. ..
- Stavik B, Skretting G, Aasheim H, Tinholt M, Zernichow L, Sletten M, et al. Downregulation of TFPI in breast cancer cells induces tyrosine phosphorylation signaling and increases metastatic growth by stimulating cell motility. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:357 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an anti-metastatic effect of TFPI and may provide a novel therapeutic approach in cancer. ..
- Torvik F, Rognmo K, Ask H, Røysamb E, Tambs K. Parental alcohol use and adolescent school adjustment in the general population: results from the HUNT study. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:706 pubmed publisher..Despite lowered adjustment on the externalizing dimensions, children of alcohol abusers report that they enjoy being at school as much as other children. ..
- Haugen I, Bøyesen P, Slatkowsky Christensen B, Sesseng S, van der Heijde D, Kvien T. Associations between MRI-defined synovitis, bone marrow lesions and structural features and measures of pain and physical function in hand osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:899-904 pubmed publisher..To explore associations between MRI features and measures of pain and physical function in hand osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Ask H, Idstad M, Engdahl B, Tambs K. Non-random mating and convergence over time for mental health, life satisfaction, and personality: the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Behav Genet. 2013;43:108-19 pubmed publisher..There appeared to be moderate divergence during the first 20 years of marriage/cohabitation and moderate convergence during the rest of life. ..
- Henriksen L, Vangen S, Schei B, Lukasse M. Sexual violence and antenatal hospitalization. Birth. 2013;40:281-8 pubmed publisher..9 (1.3-2.7). Women with a history of sexual violence reported significantly more antenatal hospitalizations during pregnancy than women without such a history. ..
- Sartor O, Coleman R, Nilsson S, Heinrich D, Helle S, O Sullivan J, et al. Effect of radium-223 dichloride on symptomatic skeletal events in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases: results from a phase 3, double-blind, randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:738-46 pubmed publisher..We assessed the effect of radium-223 compared with placebo in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases...
- Evensen S, WislÃ¸ff T, Lystad J, Bull H, Ueland T, Falkum E. Prevalence, Employment Rate, and Cost of Schizophrenia in a High-Income Welfare Society: A Population-Based Study Using Comprehensive Health and Welfare Registers. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:476-83 pubmed publisher..The use of mandatory health and welfare registers enabled a unique and informative analysis on true population-based datasets. ..
- Koehler C, Arntzen M, Strozynski M, Treumann A, Thiede B. Isobaric peptide termini labeling utilizing site-specific N-terminal succinylation. Anal Chem. 2011;83:4775-81 pubmed publisher..Combining the optimized reactions for IPTL with the open source data analysis software IsobariQ including force-find, we present a straightforward and rapid approach for quantitative proteomics...
- Overskeid G. Why do we think? Consequences of regarding thinking as behavior. J Psychol. 2000;134:357-74 pubmed..This is not an argument for reverting to behaviorism--rather, the argument is made that integrating a behavioral perspective on thinking would enrich cognitive psychology. ..
- Hamre R, Farstad I, Brandtzaeg P, Morton H. Expression and modulation of the human immunoglobulin A Fc receptor (CD89) and the FcR gamma chain on myeloid cells in blood and tissue. Scand J Immunol. 2003;57:506-16 pubmed..The implications of our current findings on the biological functioning of CD89 are discussed. ..
- Angell Petersen E, Sørensen R, Warloe T, Soler A, Moan J, Peng Q, et al. Porphyrin formation in actinic keratosis and basal cell carcinoma after topical application of methyl 5-aminolevulinate. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:265-71 pubmed..In conclusion, application of the 160 mg/g cream for 3 hours gave advantageous porphyrin distributions for all types of lesions. ..
- Edvardsen H, Kristensen V, Grenaker Alnaes G, Bøhn M, Erikstein B, Helland A, et al. Germline glutathione S-transferase variants in breast cancer: relation to diagnosis and cutaneous long-term adverse effects after two fractionation patterns of radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;67:1163-71 pubmed
- Parr C, Hjartåker A, Laake P, Lund E, Veierød M. Recall bias in melanoma risk factors and measurement error effects: a nested case-control study within the Norwegian Women and Cancer Study. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;169:257-66 pubmed publisher..The authors conclude that indications of recall bias were found in this sample of Norwegian women, but that the results were inconsistent for the different exposures. ..
- Staff A, Harsem N, Braekke K, Hyer M, Hoover R, Troisi R. Maternal, gestational and neonatal characteristics and maternal angiogenic factors in normotensive pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;143:29-33 pubmed publisher..In preeclampsia, the antiangiogenic state was more pronounced with clinical characteristics indicative of greater disease severity. ..
- Tapia G, Cinek O, Rasmussen T, Grinde B, Stene L, Rønningen K. Longitudinal study of parechovirus infection in infancy and risk of repeated positivity for multiple islet autoantibodies: the MIDIA study. Pediatr Diabetes. 2011;12:58-62 pubmed publisher..The weak association of parechovirus present in the last 3 months before development of autoimmunity warrants further investigation...
- Holdaas H, Rostaing L, Seron D, Cole E, Chapman J, Fellstrøm B, et al. Conversion of long-term kidney transplant recipients from calcineurin inhibitor therapy to everolimus: a randomized, multicenter, 24-month study. Transplantation. 2011;92:410-8 pubmed publisher..Patients with CrCl more than 50 mL/min may benefit from a change in therapy more than 6 months after renal transplantation. ..
- Naderi E, Jochemsen A, Blomhoff H, Naderi S. Activation of cAMP signaling interferes with stress-induced p53 accumulation in ALL-derived cells by promoting the interaction between p53 and HDM2. Neoplasia. 2011;13:653-63 pubmed..These findings potentially implicate deregulation of cAMP signaling as a candidate mechanism used by transformed cells to quench the p53 response while retaining wild-type p53. ..
- Sprauten M, Darrah T, Peterson D, Campbell M, Hannigan R, Cvancarova M, et al. Impact of long-term serum platinum concentrations on neuro- and ototoxicity in Cisplatin-treated survivors of testicular cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:300-7 pubmed publisher..Here we document a significant relationship between increasing levels of residual serum platinum and NTX severity after adjusting for initial cisplatin dose. ..
- Eide K, Hjern A. Unaccompanied refugee children--vulnerability and agency. Acta Paediatr. 2013;102:666-8 pubmed publisher..The education and care that unaccompanied minors receive during the first years after resettlement, together with their own drive to create a positive future, are key factors in their mental health and long-term adjustment. ..
- Gjerde L, Knudsen G, Czajkowski N, Gillespie N, Aggen S, Røysamb E, et al. Genetic and environmental contributions to long-term sick leave and disability pension: a population-based study of young adult Norwegian twins. Twin Res Hum Genet. 2013;16:759-66 pubmed publisher..However, a non-negligible part of the genetic variance was not shared between the variables, which may contribute to explaining why some progress from LTSL to DP, whereas others return to work. ..
- Johansen A, Brendryen H, Darnell F, Wennesland D. Practical support aids addiction recovery: the positive identity model of change. BMC Psychiatry. 2013;13:201 pubmed publisher..Social support programs should be based on a positive identity-model of recovery that enable the building of a life-sustainable identity. ..
- Nestaas S, Stensæth K, Rosseland V, Kramer Johansen J. Radiological assessment of chest compression point and achievable compression depth in cardiac patients. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:54 pubmed publisher..OCP was found 3 cm left of the origo. Based on our study, individualized compression point and depth could be further studied in a prospective, clinical study. ..
- Fortner R, Schock H, Jung S, Allen N, Arslan A, Brinton L, et al. Anti-Mullerian hormone and endometrial cancer: a multi-cohort study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1412-1418 pubmed publisher..07 (0.99-1.17)), or with any of the examined subgroups. Although experimental models implicate AMH in endometrial cancer growth inhibition, our findings do not support a role for circulating AMH in the aetiology of endometrial cancer. ..
- Trumpy I, Lyberg T. In vivo deterioration of proplast-teflon temporomandibular joint interpositional implants: a scanning electron microscopic and energy-dispersive X-ray analysis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1993;51:624-9 pubmed..In addition to the inflammatory foreign-body reaction, it is suggested that there also were toxic and hypersensitivity reactions to aluminum involved in the pathogenesis of the bone destruction. ..
- Varaine F, Caugant D, Riou J, Konde M, Soga G, Nshimirimana D, et al. Meningitis outbreaks and vaccination strategy. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1997;91:3-7 pubmed..These 3 meningococcal meningitis outbreaks show the need for epidemic emergency preparedness and for vigilance on the whole African continent. ..
- Aukrust P, Muller F, Lien E, Nordoy I, Liabakk N, Kvale D, et al. Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) system levels in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients during highly active antiretroviral therapy: persistent TNF activation is associated with virologic and immunologic treatment failure. J Infect Dis. 1999;179:74-82 pubmed..The persistent activation of the TNF system in a subgroup of persons may be involved in treatment failure. ..
- Warris A, Netea M, Wang J, Gaustad P, Kullberg B, Verweij P, et al. Cytokine release in healthy donors and patients with chronic granulomatous disease upon stimulation with Aspergillus fumigatus. Scand J Infect Dis. 2003;35:482-7 pubmed
- Collins A. Antioxidant intervention as a route to cancer prevention. Eur J Cancer. 2005;41:1923-30 pubmed..It is certainly true that we do not yet fully understand the role of phytochemicals as antioxidants, or as modulators of other processes related to carcinogenesis and its prevention. ..
- Reiersøl O, Skeid S. The ICD diagnoses of fetishism and sadomasochism. J Homosex. 2006;50:243-62 pubmed..Finally, we present the efforts of an initiative known as ReviseF65, which was established in 1997, to abolish these diagnoses. ..
- Dalen D, Strøm S, Haabeth T. Price regulation and generic competition in the pharmaceutical market. Eur J Health Econ. 2006;7:208-14 pubmed..Our results suggest that the index price helped to increase the market shares of generic drugs and succeeded in triggering price competition. ..
- Holdaas H, Wanner C, Abletshauser C, Gimpelewicz C, Isaacsohn J. The effect of fluvastatin on cardiac outcomes in patients with moderate to severe renal insufficiency: a pooled analysis of double-blind, randomized trials. Int J Cardiol. 2007;117:64-74 pubmed..Fluvastatin did not reduce the rate of coronary intervention procedures. ..
- Engdahl B, Eskild A. Birthweight and the risk of childhood sensorineural hearing loss. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2007;21:495-500 pubmed..8, 1.7 and 1.4 for the birthweights 1500-1999, 2000-2499, 2500-2999 and 3000-3499 g respectively. The risk of both mild to moderate (MHL 35-70 dBHL) and severe/profound hearing losses (MHL >70 dBHL) were influenced by birthweight. ..
- Grinde B. Is chronic fatigue syndrome caused by a rare brain infection of a common, normally benign virus?. Med Hypotheses. 2008;71:270-4 pubmed publisher..It is well known that zoonotic viruses typically are more malignant than viruses with a long history of host-virus evolution. Similarly, a virus reaching an unfamiliar organ may cause particular problems. ..
- Stecher F, Olsen J, Stickney R, Wik L. Transthoracic impedance used to evaluate performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation during out of hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2008;79:432-7 pubmed publisher..001 in both cases). Core CPR values can be measured from TTI signals by using a standard defibrillator and new software. NFR was 25% (20% adjusted) with great rescuer variability. ..
- Hauge S, Dudman S, Borgen K, Lackenby A, Hungnes O. Oseltamivir-resistant influenza viruses A (H1N1), Norway, 2007-08. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:155-62 pubmed..The ability of these viruses to sustain their fitness and spread among persons should be considered when shaping future strategies for treating and preventing seasonal and pandemic influenza. ..
- Lind G, Raiborg C, Danielsen S, Rognum T, Thiis Evensen E, Hoff G, et al. SPG20, a novel biomarker for early detection of colorectal cancer, encodes a regulator of cytokinesis. Oncogene. 2011;30:3967-78 pubmed publisher..The present study identifies SPG20 promoter hypermethylation as a biomarker suitable for non-invasive detection of colorectal cancer, and a possible mechanism for cytokinesis arrest in colorectal tumorigenesis. ..
- Grytten J, Monkerud L, Hagen T, Sørensen R, Eskild A, Skau I. The impact of hospital revenue on the increase in Caesarean sections in Norway. A panel data analysis of hospitals 1976-2005. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:267 pubmed publisher..This was done by using fixed effects for hospitals, a lagged revenue variable and by including an extensive set of control variables for the risk factors of the mother and the baby. ..
- Gunnarsson R, Aaløkken T, Molberg Ø, Lund M, Mynarek G, Lexberg A, et al. Prevalence and severity of interstitial lung disease in mixed connective tissue disease: a nationwide, cross-sectional study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1966-72 pubmed publisher..3%, as compared with 20.8% in patients with severe lung fibrosis (p<0.01). Severe lung fibrosis is common in MCTD, has an impact on pulmonary function and overall physical capacity and is associated with increased mortality. ..
- Palm O, Garen T, Berge Enger T, Jensen J, Lund M, Aaløkken T, et al. Clinical pulmonary involvement in primary Sjogren's syndrome: prevalence, quality of life and mortality--a retrospective study based on registry data. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013;52:173-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, patients with lung involvement had reduced QoL represented by the subscale Physical Functioning, and mortality was increased. ..