Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Oslo, Norway
Locale: Oslo, Norway
Publications483 found, 100 shown here
- Johnsen G, Kruse H, Hofshagen M. Genotyping of thermotolerant Campylobacter from poultry slaughterhouse by amplified fragment length polymorphism. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:271-9 pubmed..To examine the occurrence, diversity and transmission of Campylobacter in a poultry slaughterhouse...
- Haug A, Gjevre A, Thebo P, Mattsson J, Kaldhusdal M. Coccidial infections in commercial broilers: epidemiological aspects and comparison of Eimeria species identification by morphometric and polymerase chain reaction techniques. Avian Pathol. 2008;37:161-70 pubmed publisher..PCR and morphometric tentative identification were in complete agreement in only 49% of the cases. ..
- Munkvik M, Lunde P, Aronsen J, Birkeland J, Sjaastad I, Sejersted O. Attenuated fatigue in slow twitch skeletal muscle during isotonic exercise in rats with chronic heart failure. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22695 pubmed publisher..This observation is in striking contrast to previous reports which have employed isometric contractions to induce fatigue. ..
- Dalen M, Liu X, Elstad M, Løberg E, Saugstad O, Rootwelt T, et al. Resuscitation with 100% oxygen increases injury and counteracts the neuroprotective effect of therapeutic hypothermia in the neonatal rat. Pediatr Res. 2012;71:247-52 pubmed publisher..The effects of HT and 100% O(2) on histopathologic injury in the hippocampus, basal ganglia, and cortex, and on postural reflex performance 7 d after the insult, were estimated by linear regression. ..
- Bilbija D, Gravning J, Haugen F, Attramadal H, Valen G. Protecting the heart through delivering DNA encoding for heme oxygenase-1 into skeletal muscle. Life Sci. 2012;91:828-36 pubmed publisher..Remote delivery of DNA encoding for HMOX-1 was cardioprotective, as evidenced by preserved cardiac structure and function. Angiogenesis was not induced by HMOX-1 treatment. ..
- Bilbija D, Haugen F, Sagave J, Baysa A, Bastani N, Levy F, et al. Retinoic acid signalling is activated in the postischemic heart and may influence remodelling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44740 pubmed publisher..02 and p?=?0.008). AtRA inhibited CF proliferation in vitro (p?=?0.02). The RA signalling pathway is activated in postischemic hearts and may play a role in regulation of damage and repair during remodelling. ..
- Fagerland H, Austbø L, Fritsvold C, Alarcón M, Rimstad E, Falk K, et al. Pathological pigmentation in cardiac tissues of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) with cardiomyopathy syndrome. Vet Res. 2013;44:107 pubmed publisher..No general systemic activation of the extracutaneous pigmentary system in response to viral infections with affinity to the heart was observed. ..
- Bang Jensen B, Brun E, Fineid B, Larssen R, Kristoffersen A. Risk factors for cardiomyopathy syndrome (CMS) in Norwegian salmon farming. Dis Aquat Organ. 2013;107:141-50 pubmed publisher..We believe that this exercise is a good way of communicating the findings to farmers, so they can make informed decisions when trying to avoid CMS in their fish cohorts. ..
- Dalum A, Tangen R, Falk K, Hordvik I, Rosenlund G, Torstensen B, et al. Coronary changes in the Atlantic salmon Salmo salar L: characterization and impact of dietary fatty acid compositions. J Fish Dis. 2016;39:41-54 pubmed publisher..We suggest that salmon may have a natural resistance to developing atherosclerosis, which corresponds well with their high investment in lipid metabolism. ..
- Sødring M, Gunnes G, Paulsen J. Detection and Characterization of Flat Aberrant Crypt Foci (Flat ACF) in the Novel A/J Min/+ Mouse. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2745-50 pubmed..Flat ACF/MDF displayed the same picture of severe dysplasia, lack of mucus and goblet cells and accumulation of cytoplasmic ?-catenin. The easily detectable flat ACF are reliable surface biomarkers of Apc-driven colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Morland I, Rolseth V, Luna L, Rognes T, Bjørås M, Seeberg E. Human DNA glycosylases of the bacterial Fpg/MutM superfamily: an alternative pathway for the repair of 8-oxoguanine and other oxidation products in DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:4926-36 pubmed..It thus appears that hFPG1 has properties similar to mammalian OGG1 in preventing mutations arising from misincorporation of A across 8-oxoG and could function as a back-up repair activity for OGG1 in ogg1(-/-) mice. ..
- Hirschberg H, Spetalen S, Carper S, Hole P, Tillung T, Madsen S. Minimally invasive photodynamic therapy (PDT) for ablation of experimental rat glioma. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2006;49:135-42 pubmed..A judicious choice of PDT regimens that minimizes inflammatory responses through the use multiple fractionated long-term treatment protocols would likely be required. ..
- Nawaz H, Blomberg K, Lindvall J, Kurosaki T, Smith C. Expression profiling of chicken DT40 lymphoma cells indicates clonal selection of knockout and gene reconstituted cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:584-588 pubmed publisher..01). Although other parameters could also influence the expression profile, this potentially has important implications when interpreting microarray data from gene-deleted cell-lines. ..
- Gulliksen S, Lie K, Østerås O. Calf health monitoring in Norwegian dairy herds. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:1660-9 pubmed publisher..The results from this study demonstrate the importance of encouraging farmers to conduct calf health recordings. They also indicate that finding a standardized method for validation of health data is a considerable challenge. ..
- Larsen H, Ruus A, Schreurs O, Galtung H. Aquaporin 11 in the developing mouse submandibular gland. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:9-13 pubmed publisher..In the end pieces, the AQP11 transcript was reduced during glandular development. Our results point to an important role for AQP11 during salivary gland development. ..
- Grinde B, Jolles J, Jolles P. Purification and characterization of two lysozymes from rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri). Eur J Biochem. 1988;173:269-73 pubmed..This implies that a foreign lysozyme, such as hen egg white lysozyme, should not be used as a standard when assaying lysozyme activity with the lysoplate technique. ..
- Waage S, Mørk T, Røros A, Aasland D, Hunshamar A, Odegaard S. Bacteria associated with clinical mastitis in dairy heifers. J Dairy Sci. 1999;82:712-9 pubmed..aureus was larger than that in heifers without systemic reaction. ..
- Hansen H, Bakke T, Bachmann L. Mitochondrial haplotype diversity of Gyrodactylus thymalli (Platyhelminthes; Monogenea): extended geographic sampling in United Kingdom, Poland, and Norway reveals further lineages. Parasitol Res. 2007;100:1389-94 pubmed..There is currently no reason to suspect that this parasite is a threat to Atlantic salmon in the UK, although its infectivity to salmon stocks in the UK has not been tested...
- Kolstø A, Tourasse N, Økstad O. What sets Bacillus anthracis apart from other Bacillus species?. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2009;63:451-76 pubmed publisher..cereus and B. thuringiensis. Coevolution of the B. anthracis chromosome with its plasmids may be the basis for the successful development and uniqueness of the B. anthracis lineage. ..
- Czibik G, Martinov V, Ruusalepp A, Sagave J, Skare Ø, Valen G. In vivo remote delivery of DNA encoding for hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha reduces myocardial infarct size. Clin Transl Sci. 2009;2:33-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, remote delivery of DNA for HIF-1 alpha was cardioprotective, represented by consistent infarct size reduction, which may be due to release of paracrine factors from the transfected muscle. ..
- Persson J, Wojewodzic M, Hessen D, Andersen T. Increased risk of phosphorus limitation at higher temperatures for Daphnia magna. Oecologia. 2011;165:123-9 pubmed publisher..These findings also indicate an increased risk of P limitation and thus reduced growth efficiency at high temperatures. ..
- ..This chapter gives an overview of, and discusses the reported effects of vitamin A on spontaneous and activation-induced cell death of thymocytes and mature T cells, as well as on Fas-induced T cell death. ..
- Krontveit R, Trangerud C, Sævik B, Skogmo H, Nødtvedt A. Risk factors for hip-related clinical signs in a prospective cohort study of four large dog breeds in Norway. Prev Vet Med. 2012;103:219-27 pubmed publisher..The findings supported the hypothesis that radiological hip status at screening and exercise conditions during growth influenced the time to incidence of the event and that there were breed differences in time to the event. ..
- Zerihun M, Colquhoun D, Poppe T. Experimental mycobacteriosis in Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua L. J Fish Dis. 2012;35:365-77 pubmed publisher..This study confirms that Atlantic cod is highly susceptible to M. salmoniphilum infection and that this bacterial species may be a threat to cod both in the wild and in the aquaculture. ..
- Zinöcker S, Wang M, Rolstad B, Vaage J. Mesenchymal stromal cells fail to alleviate experimental graft-versus-host disease in rats transplanted with major histocompatibility complex-mismatched bone marrow. Scand J Immunol. 2012;76:464-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, repeated administrations of MSC failed to alleviate GVHD after fully or partially MHC-mismatched allo-SCT in the rat. ..
- Reikvam D, Derrien M, Islam R, Erofeev A, Grcic V, Sandvik A, et al. Epithelial-microbial crosstalk in polymeric Ig receptor deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2959-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, in the absence of pIgR, the stability of the commensal microbiota is disturbed, gut homeostasis is compromised, and the outcome of colitis is significantly worsened. ..
- Louch W, Stokke M, Sjaastad I, Christensen G, Sejersted O. No rest for the weary: diastolic calcium homeostasis in the normal and failing myocardium. Physiology (Bethesda). 2012;27:308-23 pubmed publisher..These discussions illustrate that the diastolic phase is not simply a period of rest but rather involves highly regulated and dynamic Ca(2+) fluxes. ..
- Schnug L, Leinaas H, Jensen J. Synergistic sub-lethal effects of a biocide mixture on the springtail Folsomia fimetaria. Environ Pollut. 2014;186:158-64 pubmed publisher..Consequently, there is no single reference concept which is applicable for all species of one ecosystem, which in turn questions the usefulness of such mixture prediction concepts in ecological risk assessment. ..
- Hurem S, Gomes T, Brede D, Lindbo Hansen E, Mutoloki S, Fernandez C, et al. Parental gamma irradiation induces reprotoxic effects accompanied by genomic instability in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Environ Res. 2017;159:564-578 pubmed publisher..The results therefore highlight the necessity for multi- and transgenerational studies to assess the environmental impact of gamma radiation. ..
- Skjerve E, Lium B, Nielsen B, Nesbakken T. Control of Yersinia enterocolitica in pigs at herd level. Int J Food Microbiol. 1998;45:195-203 pubmed..However, because of the high prevalence of Y. enterocolitica in pig herds, a strict slaughter hygiene will remain an important means to reduce carcass contamination with Y. enterocolitica O:3 as well as other pathogenic micro-organisms. ..
- Paulsen J, Steffensen I, Løberg E, Husøy T, Namork E, Alexander J. Qualitative and quantitative relationship between dysplastic aberrant crypt foci and tumorigenesis in the Min/+ mouse colon. Cancer Res. 2001;61:5010-5 pubmed..In contrast, the classical ACF, which resemble the hyperplastic ACF described previously, were characterized by slow-growing crypts with normal beta-catenin expression, and they were probably not related to tumorigenesis. ..
- Kjeken R, Mousavi S, Brech A, Griffiths G, Berg T. Wortmannin-sensitive trafficking steps in the endocytic pathway in rat liver endothelial cells. Biochem J. 2001;357:497-503 pubmed..Transport of ligand from endosomes to lysosomes was prevented, leading to increased recycling of internalized ligand. Wortmannin treatment released the Rab5 effector EEA1 from the endosomes and caused reduced size of early endosomes. ..
- Ree A, Engebraaten O, Hovig E, Fodstad Ø. Differential display analysis of breast carcinoma cells enriched by immunomagnetic target cell selection: gene expression profiles in bone marrow target cells. Int J Cancer. 2002;97:28-33 pubmed..Our study provides detailed information on how to combine an immunomagnetic selection procedure and differential display analysis to reveal gene expression profiles that may characterize BM micrometastatic cells. ..
- Castellheim A, Lindenskov P, Pharo A, Aamodt G, Saugstad O, Mollnes T. Meconium aspiration syndrome induces complement-associated systemic inflammatory response in newborn piglets. Scand J Immunol. 2005;61:217-25 pubmed..32; P = 0.03) and inversely with oxidative burst (r = -0.37; P = 0.02). A systemic inflammatory response associated with complement activation is seen in experimental MAS. This reaction may contribute to the pathogenesis of MAS. ..
- Jørgensen H, Mathisen T, Løvseth A, Omoe K, Qvale K, Loncarevic S. An outbreak of staphylococcal food poisoning caused by enterotoxin H in mashed potato made with raw milk. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;252:267-72 pubmed..It seems likely that raw bovine milk used in the preparation of mashed potato contained S. aureus that subsequently produced sufficient SEH in the mashed potato to cause food poisoning...
- Larsen E, Reite K, Nesse G, Gran C, Seeberg E, Klungland A. Repair and mutagenesis at oxidized DNA lesions in the developing brain of wild-type and Ogg1-/- mice. Oncogene. 2006;25:2425-32 pubmed..Furthermore, rapid cell divisions seemed to be required for fixation of mutations, as a similar dose of radiation did not increase the mutation frequency, or the frequency of GC to TA transversion, in the adult brain. ..
- Hauge H, Patzke S, Aasheim H. Characterization of the FAM110 gene family. Genomics. 2007;90:14-27 pubmed..To summarize, we have characterized a novel family of genes encoding proteins with distinct conserved motifs, of which all members localize to centrosomes and spindle poles. ..
- Mikalsen J, Olsen A, Tengs T, Colquhoun D. Francisella philomiragia subsp. noatunensis subsp. nov., isolated from farmed Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.). Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:1960-5 pubmed..noatunensis subsp. nov. with the type strain 2005/50/F292-6C(T) (=NCIMB 14265(T)=LMG 23800(T)). Francisella philomiragia ATCC 25015(T) (=DSM 735(T)) is reclassified as Francisella philomiragia subsp. philomiragia subsp. nov. ..
- Schiøtz B, Jørgensen S, Rexroad C, Gjøen T, Krasnov A. Transcriptomic analysis of responses to infectious salmon anemia virus infection in macrophage-like cells. Virus Res. 2008;136:65-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insight into cellular host responses and determinants for acute cytopathic ISAV infection. ..
- Hajdu A, Vold L, Østmo T, Helleve A, Helgebostad S, Krogh T, et al. Investigation of Swedish cases reveals an outbreak of cryptosporidiosis at a Norwegian hotel with possible links to in-house water systems. BMC Infect Dis. 2008;8:152 pubmed publisher..Awareness of cryptosporidiosis should be raised amongst Norwegian medical personnel to improve case and outbreak detection, and possible risks related to in-house water systems should be assessed. ..
- Lyche J, Gutleb A, Bergman A, Eriksen G, Murk A, Ropstad E, et al. Reproductive and developmental toxicity of phthalates. J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev. 2009;12:225-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is concluded that it is important to improve the knowledge of toxic interactions among the different chemicals and to develop measures for combined exposure to various groups of phthalates. ..
- Kjetland E, Ndhlovu P, Mduluza T, Deschoolmeester V, Midzi N, Gomo E, et al. The effects of genital schistosoma haematobium on human papillomavirus and the development of cervical neoplasia after five years in a Zimbabwean population. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2010;31:169-73 pubmed..3% agreement, kappa 0.93); however, the number of beta-globin negative vaginal lavage samples was unacceptably high. Findings warrant an exploration in a larger longitudinal study where a vaginal swab should be explored. ..
- Nødtvedt A, Gamlem H, Gunnes G, Grotmol T, Indrebø A, Moe L. Breed differences in the proportional morbidity of testicular tumours and distribution of histopathologic types in a population-based canine cancer registry. Vet Comp Oncol. 2011;9:45-54 pubmed publisher..Breed differences in the distribution of histopathologic types were observed. Shetland sheepdog and Collie were most commonly diagnosed with Sertoli cell tumours, while all tumours from Norwegian elkhound in this material were seminomas...
- Solberg N, Machon O, Krauss S. Characterization and functional analysis of the 5'-flanking promoter region of the mouse Tcf3 gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;360:289-99 pubmed publisher..In vivo analysis of a 4.5 kb promoter fragment (-4303/+211) driving, the expression of EGFP in mouse embryos highly resembled endogenous expression of mTcf3. ..
- Hultin Jäderlund K, Baranowska Körberg I, Nødtvedt A. Inherited polyneuropathy in Leonberger dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2011;25:997-1002 pubmed publisher..However, age at onset and severity of signs might be determined by contributing loci. This has consequences in molecular genetic studies and for breeding strategies aimed at eliminating this disease. ..
- Malmsten J, Widén D, Rydevik G, Yon L, Hutchings M, Thulin C, et al. Temporal and spatial variation in Anaplasma phagocytophilum infection in Swedish moose (Alces alces). Epidemiol Infect. 2014;142:1205-13 pubmed publisher..phagocytophilum variants were observed in the 16S rRNA and groESL genes. Our study shows that moose are exposed to A. phagocytophilum in Sweden, and represent a potential wildlife reservoir of the pathogen. ..
- Kong X, Feng Y, EftestÃ¸l E, Kase E, Haugum H, Eskild W, et al. Increased glucose utilization and decreased fatty acid metabolism in myotubes from Glmp(gt/gt) mice. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2016;122:36-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, myotubes established from Glmp(gt/gt) mice were more glycolytic than myotubes from wild-type animals, in spite of no differences in muscle fiber types in vivo. ..
- Holmøy I, Nelson S, Martin A, Nødtvedt A. Factors associated with the number of calves born to Norwegian beef suckler cows. Prev Vet Med. 2017;140:1-9 pubmed publisher..The large inter-herd variation indicate systematic differences in herd level factors influencing the number of calves born to each cow. ..
- Hauge H, Vendramin N, Taksdal T, Olsen A, Wessel Ø, Mikkelsen S, et al. Infection experiments with novel Piscine orthoreovirus from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) in salmonids. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180293 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PRV-Om infects both salmonid species, but faster transmission, more notable antiviral response and more prominent heart pathology were observed in rainbow trout...
- Sandnes D, Johansen T, Teien G, Ulsaker G. Mutagenicity of crude senna and senna glycosides in Salmonella typhimurium. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1992;71:165-72 pubmed..The chemical nature of other mutagenic components has not been elucidated. ..
- Mikalsen A, Alexander J, Wallin H, Ingelman Sundberg M, Andersen R. Reductive metabolism and protein binding of chromium(VI) by P450 protein enzymes. Carcinogenesis. 1991;12:825-31 pubmed..The difference in CrO4(2-) reducing activity of the P450 enzymes and binding to the enzymes may be important for in vivo endoplasmic catalytic metabolism of CrO4(2-). ..
- Sterud E, Mo T, Poppe T. Systemic spironucleosis in sea-farmed Atlantic salmon Salmo salar, caused by Spironucleus barkhanus transmitted from feral Arctic char Salvelinus alpinus?. Dis Aquat Organ. 1998;33:63-6 pubmed..It is hypothesized that systemic spironucleosis in sea-caged Atlantic salmon was due to transmission of flagellates from feral char to the salmon...
- Jakobsen K, Tengs T, Vatne A, Bowers H, Oldach D, Burkholder J, et al. Discovery of the toxic dinoflagellate Pfiesteria in northern European waters. Proc Biol Sci. 2002;269:211-4 pubmed..This present survey demonstrates the wide distribution of these potentially harmful species, but so far they have not been connected with fish kills in Europe...
- Tollefsen S, Vordermeier M, Olsen I, Storset A, Reitan L, Clifford D, et al. DNA injection in combination with electroporation: a novel method for vaccination of farmed ruminants. Scand J Immunol. 2003;57:229-38 pubmed..In addition, we show that DNA vaccination in combination with electroporation can improve the primary immune responses to the encoded antigens. ..
- Winsnes R, Sesardic D, Daas A, Rigsby P. A Vero cell method for potency testing of diphtheria vaccines. Dev Biol (Basel). 2002;111:141-8 pubmed..20-200 IU/ml). The study also provided preliminary information that sera from the same guinea pigs may also be used for potency determination of both diphtheria and tetanus toxoid components of vaccines by ELISA. ..
- Haslekås C, Breen K, Pedersen K, Johannessen L, Stang E, Madshus I. The inhibitory effect of ErbB2 on epidermal growth factor-induced formation of clathrin-coated pits correlates with retention of epidermal growth factor receptor-ErbB2 oligomeric complexes at the plasma membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5832-42 pubmed
- Yazdankhah S, Asli A, Sørum H, Oppegaard H, Sunde M. Fusidic acid resistance, mediated by fusB, in bovine coagulase-negative staphylococci. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:1254-6 pubmed..The similarity between the organization of the fusB downstream region in S. haemolyticus (isolate 288/96) and on plasmid pUB101 from an S. aureus isolate of human origin indicates a common ancestral origin of these genes. ..
- Mysterud A, Tryjanowski P, Panek M. Selectivity of harvesting differs between local and foreign roe deer hunters: trophy stalkers have the first shot at the right place. Biol Lett. 2006;2:632-5 pubmed..The relationship between antler size and age was nevertheless fairly similar based on whether deer was shot by foreign or local hunters...
- Sidhu M, Oppegaard H, Devor T, Sørum H. Persistence of multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in an animal veterinary teaching hospital clinic. Microb Drug Resist. 2007;13:271-80 pubmed publisher..This finding illustrates bacterial intracellular mobility of resistance genes in natural environments, and highlights the role of insertion sequences in the evolution of multidrug resistance islands on the bacterial chromosome...
- Våge J, Lingaas F. Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in coding regions of canine dopamine- and serotonin-related genes. BMC Genet. 2008;9:10 pubmed publisher..Novel SNPs are presented and the results show a significant genetic variation in expressed sequences in this group of genes. The results can contribute to an improved understanding of the genetics of behaviour. ..
- Pedersen L, Jacobsen L, Mollerup S, Gjerstad J. Spinal cord long-term potentiation (LTP) is associated with increased dorsal horn gene expression of IL-1beta, GDNF and iNOS. Eur J Pain. 2010;14:255-60 pubmed publisher..05, HFS vs. control). For the first time we show that spinal cord LTP is associated with an increased dorsal horn expression of the genes for IL-1beta, GDNF and iNOS. ..
- Fensgård Ø, Kassahun H, Bombik I, Rognes T, Lindvall J, Nilsen H. A two-tiered compensatory response to loss of DNA repair modulates aging and stress response pathways. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:133-59 pubmed..Hence, our data strongly suggests that the DNA lesions relevant for aging are repair intermediates resulting from aberrant or attempted processing by BER of lesions normally repaired by NER. ..
- Haj Yasein N, Jensen V, Vindedal G, Gundersen G, Klungland A, Ottersen O, et al. Evidence that compromised K+ spatial buffering contributes to the epileptogenic effect of mutations in the human Kir4.1 gene (KCNJ10). Glia. 2011;59:1635-42 pubmed publisher..1 mediates osmotically neutral K(+) clearance. Combined, our K(+) and extracellular volume recordings indicate that compromised K(+) spatial buffering in brain underlies the epilepsy phenotype associated with human KCNJ10 mutations. ..
- Brevik A, Rusnakova V, Duale N, Slagsvold H, Olsen A, Storeng R, et al. Preconceptional paternal glycidamide exposure affects embryonic gene expression: single embryo gene expression study following in vitro fertilization. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;32:463-71 pubmed publisher..Compared to controls paternal GA-exposure gave rise to an altered pattern of embryonic gene expression, with an initial reduced expression at early stages followed by increased expression at the 8-cell stage. ..
- Cantas L, Fraser T, Fjelldal P, Mayer I, Sørum H. The culturable intestinal microbiota of triploid and diploid juvenile Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) - a comparison of composition and drug resistance. BMC Vet Res. 2011;7:71 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate differences that are likely to contribute to the health of triploid fish and have important ramifications on the use of antibacterial drugs within aquaculture. ..
- Aune T, Espenes A, Aasen J, Quilliam M, Hess P, Larsen S. Study of possible combined toxic effects of azaspiracid-1 and okadaic acid in mice via the oral route. Toxicon. 2012;60:895-906 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the present practice of regulating toxins from the OA and AZA group individually does not present an unwanted increased risk for consumers of shellfish. ..
- Agersnap S, Larsen W, Knudsen S, Strand D, Thomsen P, Hesselsøe M, et al. Monitoring of noble, signal and narrow-clawed crayfish using environmental DNA from freshwater samples. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179261 pubmed publisher..leniusculus and A. leptodactylus. However, the assays need further validation with data 1) comparing traditional and eDNA based estimates of abundance, and 2) representing a broader geographical range for the involved crayfish species. ..
- Robertson L, Gjerde B. Effect of sample holding time on recovery of Cryptosporidium oocysts and Giardia cysts from water samples. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:1724-5 pubmed..A spiking experiment indicated that holding times of up to 2 weeks had no significant effect on recovery of these parasites from 10-liter samples of raw water in plastic carboys. ..
- Myhrstad M, Husberg C, Murphy P, Nordstrom O, Blomhoff R, Moskaug J, et al. TCF11/Nrf1 overexpression increases the intracellular glutathione level and can transactivate the gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase (GCS) heavy subunit promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1517:212-9 pubmed..We suggest that TCF11/Nrf1 can operate through a subset of AREs to modulate the expression of GCS(h) together with other components of the pathway and in this way play a role in regulating cellular glutathione levels. ..
- Nygaard U, Aase A, Løvik M. The allergy adjuvant effect of particles - genetic factors influence antibody and cytokine responses. BMC Immunol. 2005;6:11 pubmed..The results indicate that insoluble particles act by increasing the inherent response to the allergen, and that the genetic background may determine whether an additional Th1-associated component is added to the response. ..
- Davidson R, Oines O, Madslien K, Mathis A. Echinococcus multilocularis--adaptation of a worm egg isolation procedure coupled with a multiplex PCR assay to carry out large-scale screening of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in Norway. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:509-14 pubmed publisher..5%. The advantages and disadvantages of using the adapted method are discussed as well as the results pertaining to taeniid and non-taeniid cestodes as identified by multiplex PCR...
- Grødeland G, Mjaaland S, Tunheim G, Fredriksen A, Bogen B. The specificity of targeted vaccines for APC surface molecules influences the immune response phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80008 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrate that vaccination can be tailor-made to induce a particular phenotype of adaptive immune responses by specifically targeting different surface molecules on APCs. ..
- Løken T, Bjerkas I. Experimental pestivirus infections in pregnant goats. J Comp Pathol. 1991;105:123-40 pubmed..Examination of offspring before ingestion of colostrum revealed pestivirus antibodies in one kid in each of the 40- and 60-day inoculation groups and in five kids in the 100-day group...
- Grøgaard B, Gerdin B, Arfors K. Inability of flunarizine, lidoflazine or magnesium to counteract delayed hypoperfusion after forebrain ischaemia in the rat. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 1988;95:136-42 pubmed..The results do not lend support to the view that calcium plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of delayed postischaemic hypoperfusion in the brain in this model. ..
- Dahl K, Rørvik A, Lanageland M. Bronchogenic cyst in a German shepherd dog. J Small Anim Pract. 2002;43:456-8 pubmed..Bronchitis and peribronchitis were also identified. The dog recovered well after surgery and, at the time of writing, was in active duty as a police dog, showing no signs of respiratory illness...
- Amiry Moghaddam M, Xue R, Haug F, Neely J, Bhardwaj A, Agre P, et al. Alpha-syntrophin deletion removes the perivascular but not endothelial pool of aquaporin-4 at the blood-brain barrier and delays the development of brain edema in an experimental model of acute hyponatremia. FASEB J. 2004;18:542-4 pubmed..The resolution of the molecular basis and subcellular site of osmotically driven brain water uptake should help design new therapies for acute brain edema. ..
- Kruse H, kirkemo A, Handeland K. Wildlife as source of zoonotic infections. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:2067-72 pubmed..Surveillance, laboratory capability, research, training and education, and communication are key elements. ..
- Myhre A, Lyngstadaas S, Dahle M, Stuestøl J, Foster S, Thiemermann C, et al. Anti-inflammatory properties of enamel matrix derivative in human blood. J Periodontal Res. 2006;41:208-13 pubmed..We propose that this effect of EMD is, at least partly, secondary to an increase in the intracellular levels of cAMP in peripheral blood mononuclear cells. ..
- Funderud A, Henanger H, Hafte T, Amieux P, Orstavik S, Skålhegg B. Identification, cloning and characterization of a novel 47 kDa murine PKA C subunit homologous to human and bovine Cbeta2. BMC Biochem. 2006;7:20 pubmed..Murine lymphoid tissues express a protein that is a homologue of human and bovine Cbeta2. The murine Cbeta gene encodes the splice variants Cbeta1, Cbeta2, Cbeta3 and Cbeta4, as is the case with the human Cbeta gene. ..
- Johannessen G, Johnsen G, Okland M, Cudjoe K, Hofshagen M. Enumeration of thermotolerant Campylobacter spp. from poultry carcasses at the end of the slaughter-line. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2007;44:92-7 pubmed..Campylobacter-positive layer flocks had low numbers of Campylobacter on the carcasses. The results indicate limited cross-contamination of Campylobacter between flocks at the slaughterhouse, reducing the advantage of logistic slaughter. ..
- Zhen Y, Sørensen V, Jin Y, Suo Z, Wiedłocha A. Indirubin-3'-monoxime inhibits autophosphorylation of FGFR1 and stimulates ERK1/2 activity via p38 MAPK. Oncogene. 2007;26:6372-85 pubmed..The data presented here demonstrate previously unknown activities of indirubin-3'-monoxime that may have clinical implications. ..
- Sand S, Haug T, Nissen Meyer J, Sand O. The bacterial peptide pheromone plantaricin A permeabilizes cancerous, but not normal, rat pituitary cells and differentiates between the outer and inner membrane leaflet. J Membr Biol. 2007;216:61-71 pubmed..Microfluorometric recordings of [Ca(2+)](i) and cytosolic concentration of fluorochrome verified the rapid permeabilizing effect of PlnA on cancerous cells and the insensitivity of normal pituitary cells. ..