Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Auckland, New Zealand
Locale: Auckland, New Zealand
Publications660 found, 100 shown here
- Ramke J, du Toit R, Palagyi A, Williams C, Brian G. Public sector refraction and spectacle dispensing in low-resource countries of the Western Pacific. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2008;36:339-47 pubmed publisher..To this end, a checklist to aid the initiation and maintenance of refraction and spectacle systems in low-resource countries has been constructed. ..
- Gluckman P, Hanson M. Developmental and epigenetic pathways to obesity: an evolutionary-developmental perspective. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008;32 Suppl 7:S62-71 pubmed publisher..Secondly, maternal diabetes, maternal obesity and infant overfeeding are associated with a greater risk of later obesity. Early life offers a potential point for preventative intervention. ..
- Fadyl J, McPherson K. Approaches to vocational rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury: a review of the evidence. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2009;24:195-212 pubmed publisher..There is little clear evidence to suggest what should be considered the "best practice" approach to vocational rehabilitation. ..
- Gingell J, Qi T, Bailey R, Hay D. A key role for tryptophan 84 in receptor activity-modifying protein 1 in the amylin 1 receptor. Peptides. 2010;31:1400-4 pubmed publisher..The data reveal the importance of Trp84 in the AMY(1(a)) receptor. ..
- Hinckson E, Garrett N, Duncan S. Active commuting to school in New Zealand children (2004-2008): a quantitative analysis. Prev Med. 2011;52:332-6 pubmed publisher..2% to 48.1%), [OR = 1.43, 95% CI = 1.20-1.70] showed significant improvements when compared to schools from North Shore City. The STP was associated with increased active commuting in children after three years of implementation. ..
- Gu Y, Tingle M, Wilson W. Glucuronidation of anticancer prodrug PR-104A: species differences, identification of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases, and implications for therapy. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;337:692-702 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PR-104A is glucuronidated by UGT2B7 with high specificity and seems to make a major contribution to clearance of PR-104A in humans, but it also has the potential to confer resistance in some human tumors. ..
- Smythe E, Payne D, Wilson S, Wynyard S. The dwelling space of postnatal care. Women Birth. 2013;26:110-3 pubmed publisher..Small birthing centres perhaps achieve such care and ambience more easily than large institutional units. Nevertheless, wherever the place, practices need to be enabled that foster the spirit of dwelling. ..
- Smaill B, Zhao J, Trew M. Three-dimensional impulse propagation in myocardium: arrhythmogenic mechanisms at the tissue level. Circ Res. 2013;112:834-48 pubmed publisher..However, it is important that these models capture key features of structure and related electric function at the tissue scale. ..
- Heinrich D, Flanagan J, Jamieson S, Silva S, Rigoreau L, Trivier E, et al. Synthesis and structure-activity relationships for 1-(4-(piperidin-1-ylsulfonyl)phenyl)pyrrolidin-2-ones as novel non-carboxylate inhibitors of the aldo-keto reductase enzyme AKR1C3. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;62:738-44 pubmed publisher..There was a broad correlation between the enzyme potencies of the compounds and their effectiveness at inhibiting AKR1C3 activity in cells. ..
- Blenkiron C, Hurley D, Fitzgerald S, Print C, Lasham A. Links between the oncoprotein YB-1 and small non-coding RNAs in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80171 pubmed publisher..We propose that some of the oncogenic effects of YB-1 in breast cancer may be mediated through its interactions with sncRNAs. ..
- Radke H, Hornsey M, Sibley C, Thai M, Barlow F. Is the racial composition of your surroundings associated with your levels of social dominance orientation?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186612 pubmed publisher..This article adds to growing literature on contextual factors that predict social dominance orientation, especially among minority group members...
- Cheer S, Prakash A, Faulds D, Lamb H. Pantoprazole: an update of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic use in the management of acid-related disorders. Drugs. 2003;63:101-33 pubmed..Thus, pantoprazole is a valuable alternative to other PPIs in the treatment of acid-related disorders. ..
- Chiu W, Chamley L. Human seminal plasma prolactin-inducible protein is an immunoglobulin G-binding protein. J Reprod Immunol. 2003;60:97-111 pubmed..This may reflect consumption of PIP in these men. The physiological function of PIP remains unknown, but the ability of PIP to bind IgG-Fc suggests PIP may have an immunomodulatory role. ..
- Gutnik B, Skirius J, Hudson G, Gale D. The measurement and lateral comparison of the peak torque caused by the fast abduction exercise of stretched upper extremities in normal and trained adults. Homo. 2004;54:215-28 pubmed..This phenomenon may be due to distal shifting of the gravity center of the entire upper limb in elite athletes, perhaps, because greater investment of the distal portion of the limb with skeletal muscle tissue...
- Abeysekera A, Bergman I, Kluger M, Short T. Drug error in anaesthetic practice: a review of 896 reports from the Australian Incident Monitoring Study database. Anaesthesia. 2005;60:220-7 pubmed..The information gained suggests areas where improved guidelines are required to reduce the incidence of drug error. Further research is required into the effectiveness of preventive strategies. ..
- Christiansen J, Edwards C, Sinclair T, Armstrong G, Scott A, Patel H, et al. Detection of myocardial scar by contrast-enhanced cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in patients with troponin-positive chest pain and minimal angiographic coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 2006;97:768-71 pubmed..5%). In conclusion, patients with troponin-positive acute coronary syndromes may have significant myocardial scar even when minimal CAD is found on angiography. ..
- Woad K, Pearson S, Harris S, Gersak K, Shelling A. Investigating the association between inhibin alpha gene promoter polymorphisms and premature ovarian failure. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:62-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that INHA promoter variants are associated with the development of POF. ..
- Elley C, Robertson M, Garrett S, Kerse N, McKinlay E, Lawton B, et al. Effectiveness of a falls-and-fracture nurse coordinator to reduce falls: a randomized, controlled trial of at-risk older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2008;56:1383-9 pubmed publisher..Implementation and adherence to the fall-prevention measures was dependent on referral to other health professionals working in their usual clinical practice. This may have limited the effectiveness of the interventions. ..
- McKeage K, Keam S. Pregabalin: in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. Drugs Aging. 2009;26:883-92 pubmed publisher..Pregabalin was generally well tolerated when titrated over 1 week to fixed dosages (maximum 600 mg/day) in clinical trials in mostly elderly PHN patients. Adverse events were usually mild to moderate in severity. ..
- Hilton J, Azariah S, Reid M. A case-control study of men with non-gonococcal urethritis at Auckland Sexual Health Service: rates of detection of Mycoplasma genitalium. Sex Health. 2010;7:77-81 pubmed publisher..As there is no New Zealand data, a case-control study was conducted to determine whether this organism is a significant cause of urethritis in men presenting to Auckland Sexual Health Service...
- Scahill S, Harrison J, Sheridan J. The ABC of New Zealand's ten year vision for pharmacists: awareness, barriers and consultation. Int J Pharm Pract. 2009;17:135-42 pubmed..If the pharmacy profession in New Zealand is to move forward towards the state described in the 10-year vision document then these potential barriers need to be better understood and addressed. ..
- Srinivasa S, Kahokehr A, Sammour T, Yu T, Abbas S, Hill A. Use of statins in adhesive small bowel obstruction. J Surg Res. 2010;162:17-21 pubmed publisher..3-46.8). Statin use was associated with decreased operative rates using a logistic regression model (P = 0.04). Statin use is independently associated with decreased operative rates in ASBO. ..
- Hicks K, Siim B, Jaiswal J, Pruijn F, Fraser A, Patel R, et al. Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling identifies SN30000 and SN29751 as tirapazamine analogues with improved tissue penetration and hypoxic cell killing in tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4946-57 pubmed publisher..SN30000 and SN29751 are improved TPZ analogues with potential for targeting tumor hypoxia in humans. Novel SR-PKPD modeling approaches can be used for lead optimization during anticancer drug development. ..
- Garnock Jones K, McCormack P. Escitalopram: a review of its use in the management of major depressive disorder in adults. CNS Drugs. 2010;24:769-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, escitalopram is an effective and generally well tolerated treatment for moderate to severe MDD. Escitalopram, like other SSRIs, is an effective first-line option in the management of patients with MDD. ..
- Henderson A, Woodward A. "Let's work together": what do infants understand about collaborative goals?. Cognition. 2011;121:12-21 pubmed publisher..The implications of our findings for theories of collaboration and folk psychology are discussed. ..
- Jain R, von Hurst P, Stonehouse W, Love D, Higgins C, Coad J. Association of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms with insulin resistance and response to vitamin D. Metabolism. 2012;61:293-301 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to determine associations between all three. Genotyping of the VDR gene may provide a predictive measure for insulin resistance in response to vitamin D intervention. ..
- Baker H, Baker E. A structural perspective on lactoferrin function. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:320-8 pubmed publisher..We specifically focus on functions that depend on the surface structure of the molecule, identifying features that may determine the many other protective properties of this multifunctional protein. ..
- Broadbent E, Tamagawa R, Patience A, Knock B, Kerse N, Day K, et al. Attitudes towards health-care robots in a retirement village. Australas J Ageing. 2012;31:115-20 pubmed publisher..These results provide an initial guide for the tasks and appearance appropriate for a robot to provide assistance in aged care facilities and highlight concerns. ..
- Savage T, Peek J, Robinson E, Green M, Miles H, Mouat F, et al. Ovarian stimulation leads to shorter stature in childhood. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:3092-9 pubmed publisher..62 ± 0.07 versus 4.81 ± 0.04; P= 0.006). Conception after OS(A) was associated with shorter stature, particularly in boys, compared with naturally conceived children of fertile and subfertile parents. ..
- Chong J, Karner C, Poole P. Tiotropium versus long-acting beta-agonists for stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;:CD009157 pubmed publisher..The available economic evidence indicates that tiotropium may be cost-effective compared with salmeterol in several specific settings, but there is considerable uncertainty around this finding. ..
- Feigin V, Theadom A, Barker Collo S, Starkey N, McPherson K, Kahan M, et al. Incidence of traumatic brain injury in New Zealand: a population-based study. Lancet Neurol. 2013;12:53-64 pubmed publisher..However, accurate information about its incidence does not exist. We aimed to estimate the burden of TBI in rural and urban populations in New Zealand across all ages and TBI severities...
- Kenealy T, Arroll B. Antibiotics for the common cold and acute purulent rhinitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD000247 pubmed publisher..There is evidence that antibiotics cause significant adverse effects in adults when given for the common cold and in all ages when given for acute purulent rhinitis. Routine use of antibiotics for these conditions is not recommended. ..
- Harper A, Jones P, Wimsett J, Stewart J, Le Fevre J, Wells S, et al. The effect of the Shorter Stays in Emergency Departments health target on the quality of ED discharge summaries. Emerg Med J. 2016;33:860-864 pubmed publisher..These findings deserve replication in other hospitals which may experience different challenges. ..
- Amos D, French J, Andrews J, Ashton N, Williams B, Whitlock R, et al. Corrected TIMI frame counts correlate with stenosis severity and infarct zone wall motion after thrombolytic therapy. Am Heart J. 2001;141:586-91 pubmed..0001). Prolonged corrected TIMI frame counts correlate with stenosis severity in the infarct artery after infarction, infarct zone regional wall motion, and CK levels. ..
- Taylor G, Paviour S, Musaad S, Jones W, Holland D. A clinicopathological review of 34 cases of inflammatory breast disease showing an association between corynebacteria infection and granulomatous mastitis. Pathology. 2003;35:109-19 pubmed..kroppenstedtii. The significance of this finding, which has previously been described in only a single case report, is discussed. ..
- Walker K, Kambadur R, Sharma M, Smith H. Resistance training alters plasma myostatin but not IGF-1 in healthy men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004;36:787-93 pubmed..Thus, by default, growth factor responses local to the muscle may be more important than circulating factors in contributing to muscle hypertrophy with resistance training. ..
- Van de Water N, Tan T, Ashton F, O Grady A, Day T, Browett P, et al. Mutations within the protein Z-dependent protease inhibitor gene are associated with venous thromboembolic disease: a new form of thrombophilia. Br J Haematol. 2004;127:190-4 pubmed..02) with an odds ratio of 5.7 (95% confidence interval, 1.25-26.0). Our results suggest an association between ZPI deficiency and venous thrombosis and we propose that ZPI deficiency is potentially a new form of thrombophilia. ..
- Patel D, McGhee C. Mapping of the normal human corneal sub-Basal nerve plexus by in vivo laser scanning confocal microscopy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:4485-8 pubmed..The whorl pattern of the sub-basal nerves is similar to that seen in the epithelium in corneal verticillata and may lend support to the theory that epithelial cells and nerves migrate centripetally in tandem. ..
- Groom K, Liu E, Allenby K. The impact of fetal fibronectin testing for women with symptoms of preterm labour in routine clinical practice within a New Zealand population. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2006;46:440-5 pubmed..Use of fFN test in routine clinical practice allows management and resources to be targeted more appropriately and may limit unnecessary interventions. ..
- Herd D, Anderson B. Ketamine disposition in children presenting for procedural sedation and analgesia in a children's emergency department. Paediatr Anaesth. 2007;17:622-9 pubmed..Clearance increases with decreasing age in children. The relationship between serum concentration and effect is poorly defined in children. ..
- Botting A, McIntosh D, Mahadevan M. Paediatric pre- and post-septal peri-orbital infections are different diseases. A retrospective review of 262 cases. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;72:377-83 pubmed publisher..A multi team approach is essential in obtaining the best outcome for the child. ..
- Ramke J, Palagyi A, Du Toit R, Brian G. Using assessment of willingness to pay to improve a Cambodian spectacle service. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:170-4 pubmed publisher..Willingness-to-pay data may be useful for price-setting and developing a subsidisation protocol for poorer consumers that will ensure financial accessibility for all and financial sustainability for the provision of spectacles. ..
- Keating G. Mecasermin. BioDrugs. 2008;22:177-88 pubmed..Subcutaneous mecasermin was generally well tolerated in children with severe IGF-I deficiency associated with GH insensitivity. ..
- McKeage K, Keating G. Tigecycline: in community-acquired pneumonia. Drugs. 2008;68:2633-44 pubmed publisher..Clinical cure rates were 89.7% versus 86.3% in the clinically evaluable population and 81.0% versus 79.7% in the clinical modified intent-to-treat population. Tigecycline was generally well tolerated in patients with CAP. ..
- Curran M. Amlodipine/Atorvastatin: a review of its use in the treatment of hypertension and dyslipidaemia and the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Drugs. 2010;70:191-213 pubmed publisher..In summary, amlodipine/atorvastatin offers a convenient and effective approach to improving adherence and managing CV risk in hypertensive patients with dyslipidaemia or at risk of CVD. ..
- Hill A, Bergin P, Hanning F, Thompson P, Findlay M, Damianovich D, et al. Detecting acute neurotoxicity during platinum chemotherapy by neurophysiological assessment of motor nerve hyperexcitability. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:451 pubmed publisher..Objective EMG assessment of motor nerve excitability could compliment patient-reported symptomatic endpoints of acute oxaliplatin-induced neurotoxicity in future studies. ..
- Rajagopal V, Nielsen P, Nash M. Modeling breast biomechanics for multi-modal image analysis--successes and challenges. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med. 2010;2:293-304 pubmed publisher..Widespread adoption of such techniques has the potential to significantly reduce the numbers of misdiagnosed breast cancers and enhance surgical planning for patient treatment. ..
- Srinivasa S, Sammour T, McEntee B, Davis N, Hill A. Selective use of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in clinical practice may miss choledocholithiasis in gallstone pancreatitis. Can J Surg. 2010;53:403-7 pubmed..However, the selective use of MRCP in clinically equivocal situations has not been explored until now. This study examines the diagnostic value of selective MRCP in gallstone pancreatitis...
- Wu C, Drummond A. Joint inference of microsatellite mutation models, population history and genealogies using transdimensional Markov Chain Monte Carlo. Genetics. 2011;188:151-64 pubmed publisher..Simulated data are used to evaluate our method in terms of accuracy and precision of estimation and also identification of the true mutation model. Finally we apply our method to a red colobus monkey data set as an example. ..
- McCambridge A, Bradnam L, Stinear C, Byblow W. Cathodal transcranial direct current stimulation of the primary motor cortex improves selective muscle activation in the ipsilateral arm. J Neurophysiol. 2011;105:2937-42 pubmed publisher..These findings may have relevance for the use of tDCS in rehabilitation after stroke. ..
- Aminzadeh K, Denny S, Utter J, Milfont T, Ameratunga S, Teevale T, et al. Neighbourhood social capital and adolescent self-reported wellbeing in New Zealand: a multilevel analysis. Soc Sci Med. 2013;84:13-21 pubmed publisher..Neighbourhood membership in community organisations showed a stronger protective effect for students who were more socioeconomically deprived. ..
- Reményi B, Webb R, Gentles T, Russell P, Finucane K, Lee M, et al. Improved long-term survival for rheumatic mitral valve repair compared to replacement in the young. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2013;4:155-64 pubmed publisher..Repair offers a survival advantage, greater freedom from valve-related morbidity, and long-term durability that equals that of MVR. ..
- Mudge S, Kayes N, Stavric V, Channon A, Kersten P, McPherson K. Living well with disability: needs, values and competing factors. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013;10:100 pubmed publisher..This information has implications for health professionals to target the relevance and content of interventions. ..
- Del Pozo Cruz B, Gant N, Del Pozo Cruz J, Maddison R. Relationships between sleep duration, physical activity and body mass index in young New Zealanders: An isotemporal substitution analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184472 pubmed publisher..001). MVPA and SB have a unique effect on BMI. Further, substituting SB with LPA or MVPA was associated with a favourable effect on BMI across all age groups; with MVPA having the strongest association. ..
- Merry A, Ramage M, Whitlock R, Laycock G, Smith W, Stenhouse D, et al. First-time coronary artery bypass grafting: the anaesthetist as a risk factor. Br J Anaesth. 1992;68:6-12 pubmed..01) and anaesthetist (P = 0.05) were associated significantly with outcome. ..
- Upton A, Lang S, Heffernan H. Mupirocin and Staphylococcus aureus: a recent paradigm of emerging antibiotic resistance. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;51:613-7 pubmed..The current patterns of mupirocin consumption need to be reviewed and its use rationalized to maximize the chances of this antibiotic retaining beneficial antistaphylococcal activity. ..
- Plosker G, Figgitt D. Rituximab: a review of its use in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Drugs. 2003;63:803-43 pubmed..abstract truncated) ..
- Ellis Pegler R, Galler L, Roberts S, Thomas M, Woodhouse A. Three days of intravenous benzyl penicillin treatment of meningococcal disease in adults. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;37:658-62 pubmed..Three days of intravenous benzyl penicillin is sufficient treatment for adults with meningococcal disease. The usual recommendations for duration of treatment are excessive. ..
- Muthu C, Maani J, Plank L, Holden A, Hill A. Strategies to reduce the rate of type II endoleaks: routine intraoperative embolization of the inferior mesenteric artery and thrombin injection into the aneurysm sac. J Endovasc Ther. 2007;14:661-8 pubmed..To determine whether the rate of type II endoleaks following endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) can be decreased using a branch vessel management strategy...
- Gu Y, Patterson A, Atwell G, Chernikova S, Brown J, Thompson L, et al. Roles of DNA repair and reductase activity in the cytotoxicity of the hypoxia-activated dinitrobenzamide mustard PR-104A. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1714-23 pubmed publisher..This study shows that hypoxia, reductase activity, and DNA interstrand cross-link repair proficiency are key variables that interact to determine PR-104A sensitivity. ..
- Deeks E, Keating G. Rabbit antithymocyte globulin (thymoglobulin): a review of its use in the prevention and treatment of acute renal allograft rejection. Drugs. 2009;69:1483-512 pubmed publisher..In the meantime, available clinical data suggest that rATG is an effective and generally well tolerated option for the prevention and treatment of acute renal graft rejection in renal transplant recipients. ..
- Robinson S, Aitken J, Bailey R, Poyner D, Hay D. Novel peptide antagonists of adrenomedullin and calcitonin gene-related peptide receptors: identification, pharmacological characterization, and interactions with position 74 in receptor activity-modifying protein 1/3. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;331:513-21 pubmed publisher..We provide new information on the structure-activity relationship of AM, alphaCGRP, and AM2 and how AM interacts with CGRP and AM(2) receptors. ..
- ..Despite the present-day dominance of speech, manual gestures accompany speech, and visuomanual forms of language persist in signed languages of the deaf, in handwriting, and even in such forms as texting. ..
- Arroll B, Goodyear Smith F, Crengle S, Gunn J, Kerse N, Fishman T, et al. Validation of PHQ-2 and PHQ-9 to screen for major depression in the primary care population. Ann Fam Med. 2010;8:348-53 pubmed publisher..A PHQ-9 score of 10 or higher appears to detect more depressed patients than the originally described PHQ-9 scoring for major depression. ..
- Stinear C. Prediction of recovery of motor function after stroke. Lancet Neurol. 2010;9:1228-1232 pubmed publisher..The development of algorithms to guide the sequential combinations of these assessments could also further increase accuracy, in addition to improving rehabilitation planning and outcomes. ..
- Abdul Rahman A, Gilhotra J, Selva D. Dynamic focal retinal arteriolar vasospasm in migraine. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2011;59:51-3 pubmed..The area of focal arteriolar spasm in the right eye resolved over two months. To our knowledge there are no prior reports of photographically documented dynamic focal retinal vascular spasm on a MEDLINE and PUBMED search. ..
- Deeks E. Olmesartan medoxomil/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide: fixed-dose combination in hypertension. Drugs. 2011;71:209-20 pubmed publisher..Olmesartan medoxomil?+?amlodipine?+?HCTZ was generally well tolerated in the TRINITY study, with adverse events usually being mild or moderate in severity. ..
- Sammour T, Kahokehr A, Srinivasa S, Bissett I, Hill A. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery is associated with a higher intraoperative complication rate than open surgery. Ann Surg. 2011;253:35-43 pubmed..020). There was no difference in the rate of intraoperative haemorrhage or solid organ injury. Laparoscopic colorectal resection is associated with a signiï¬cantly higher intraoperative complication rate than equivalent open surgery. ..
- Veale J. Edinburgh Handedness Inventory - Short Form: a revised version based on confirmatory factor analysis. Laterality. 2014;19:164-77 pubmed publisher..The proposed Edinburgh Handedness Inventory - Short Form measures a single handedness factor with an inventory that has brief and simple instructions and a small number of items. ..
- Kenedi C, Sames C, Paice R. A systematic review of factitious decompression sickness. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2013;40:267-74 pubmed..We report our findings and recommendations for hyperbaric medicine specialists regarding the recognition and management of factitious DCS. ..
- Singh P, Zeng I, Srinivasa S, Lemanu D, Connolly A, Hill A. Systematic review and meta-analysis of use of serum C-reactive protein levels to predict anastomotic leak after colorectal surgery. Br J Surg. 2014;101:339-46 pubmed publisher..All three time points had a low positive predictive value for leakage, ranging between 21 and 23 per cent. CRP is a useful negative predictive test for the development of anastomotic leakage following colorectal surgery. ..
- Dew K, Stubbe M, Signal L, Stairmand J, Dennett E, Koea J, et al. Cancer care decision making in multidisciplinary meetings. Qual Health Res. 2015;25:397-407 pubmed publisher..Attending to issues of process, authority, and values in MDMs has the potential to improve cancer care decision making and ultimately, health outcomes. ..
- Pattinson W, Longley I, Kingham S. Proximity to busy highways and local resident perceptions of air quality. Health Place. 2015;31:154-62 pubmed publisher..This work lends additional rationale for a residential separation buffer of ~100 m alongside major highways in the interests of protecting human health. ..
- Reijnen M, de Bruin J, Mathijssen E, Zimmermann E, Holden A, Hayes P, et al. Global Experience With the Nellix Endosystem for Ruptured and Symptomatic Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. J Endovasc Ther. 2016;23:21-8 pubmed publisher..More robust prospective and comparative data are required to establish the position of the technique in the treatment algorithm of acute AAA. ..
- Goodger R, Asrani V, Windsor J, Petrov M. Impact of metabolic comorbidities on outcomes of patients with acute pancreatitis: a scoping review. Panminerva Med. 2016;58:86-93 pubmed..This scoping review aims to map published clinical studies that have investigated the impact of metabolic comorbidities on outcomes in patients with acute pancreatitis. ..
- Siva S, Kron T, Bressel M, Haas M, Mai T, Vinod S, et al. A randomised phase II trial of Stereotactic Ablative Fractionated radiotherapy versus Radiosurgery for Oligometastatic Neoplasia to the lung (TROG 13.01 SAFRON II). BMC Cancer. 2016;16:183 pubmed publisher..ACTRN12613001157763 , registered 17th October 2013. ..
- Wasan H, Gibbs P, Sharma N, Taieb J, Heinemann V, Ricke J, et al. First-line selective internal radiotherapy plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone in patients with liver metastases from colorectal cancer (FOXFIRE, SIRFLOX, and FOXFIRE-Global): a combined analysis of three multicentre, randomised, phase 3 tria. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1159-1171 pubmed publisher..Bobby Moore Fund of Cancer Research UK, Sirtex Medical. ..
- van Roon Mom W, Reid S, Jones A, MacDonald M, Faull R, Snell R. Insoluble TATA-binding protein accumulation in Huntington's disease cortex. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;109:1-10 pubmed..At least a proportion of this accumulated TBP exists as insoluble protein. This suggests that TBP may play a role in the disease process. ..
- Young R, Wu F, Van de Water N, Ames R, Gamble G, Reid I. Calcium sensing receptor gene A986S polymorphism and responsiveness to calcium supplementation in postmenopausal women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:697-700 pubmed..These results are in contrast to those in young or premenopausal women, and they provide no support for an important role for the CASR A986S polymorphism in osteoporosis. ..
- Guise P. Sub-Tenon anesthesia: a prospective study of 6,000 blocks. Anesthesiology. 2003;98:964-8 pubmed..There were no serious block-related complications in this series, supporting the safety of the sub-Tenon technique. The experience at Auckland Hospital provides further support for the avoidance of passing sharp needles into the orbit. ..
- Curran M, Wagstaff A. Ethinylestradiol/chlormadinone acetate. Drugs. 2004;64:751-60; discussion 761-2 pubmed..Adverse events were those commonly reported with oral contraceptives. As expected, the most common menstrual disturbances were breakthrough bleeding, spotting and amenorrhoea. ..
- Palmer D, Kelly V, Smit A, Kuy S, Knight C, Cooper G. Human colostrum: identification of minor proteins in the aqueous phase by proteomics. Proteomics. 2006;6:2208-16 pubmed..This is the first comprehensive proteomic analysis of human colostrum produced during the first 48 h of lactation. ..