Experts and Doctors on thrombophilia in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Locale: Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
- van Rooden C, Rosendaal F, Meinders A, Van Oostayen J, van Der Meer F, Huisman M. The contribution of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutation to the risk of central venous catheter-related thrombosis. Haematologica. 2004;89:201-6 pubmed..In view of physicians' reluctance to prescribe prophylactic anticoagulant treatment in vulnerable patients, a priori determination of common inherited and acquired risk factors may form a basis to guide these treatment decisions. ..
- van Hylckama Vlieg A, Sandkuijl L, Rosendaal F, Bertina R, Vos H. Candidate gene approach in association studies: would the factor V Leiden mutation have been found by this approach?. Eur J Hum Genet. 2004;12:478-82 pubmed
- van Vliet H, Bertina R, Dahm A, Rosendaal F, Rosing J, Sandset P, et al. Different effects of oral contraceptives containing different progestogens on protein S and tissue factor pathway inhibitor. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:346-51 pubmed..This study observed that the differences in APC resistance induced by OC containing different progestogens can at least in part be explained by different effects of OC on free protein S and TFPI. ..
- Pomp E, Lenselink A, Rosendaal F, Doggen C. Pregnancy, the postpartum period and prothrombotic defects: risk of venous thrombosis in the MEGA study. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:632-7 pubmed publisher..The risk of pregnancy-associated venous thrombosis was highly increased in carriers of factor V Leiden or the prothrombin 20210A mutation. ..
- Ocak G, Vossen C, Verduijn M, Dekker F, Rosendaal F, Cannegieter S, et al. Risk of venous thrombosis in patients with major illnesses: results from the MEGA study. J Thromb Haemost. 2013;11:116-23 pubmed publisher..All of the major illnesses reported here were associated with an increased risk of venous thrombosis. These risks were most pronounced at the time of immobilization or in the presence of thrombophilia. ..