Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Locale: Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Publications375 found, 100 shown here
- Marques A, Mirzaian M, Akiyama H, Wisse P, Ferraz M, Gaspar P, et al. Glucosylated cholesterol in mammalian cells and tissues: formation and degradation by multiple cellular Î²-glucosidases. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:451-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mammalian tissues contain GlcChol formed by transglucosylation through Î²-glucosidases using GlcCer as donor. Our findings reveal a novel metabolic function for GlcCer. ..
- Verrijzer C. Transcription factor IID--not so basal after all. Science. 2001;293:2010-1 pubmed
- Jong M, Voshol P, Muurling M, Dahlmans V, Romijn J, Pijl H, et al. Protection from obesity and insulin resistance in mice overexpressing human apolipoprotein C1. Diabetes. 2001;50:2779-85 pubmed..In conclusion, a marked reduction in the uptake of fatty acids into adipocytes may underlie the protection from obesity and insulin resistance in transgenic mice overexpressing human APOC1. ..
- de Vries F, Zonneveld J, van Duijn Goedhart A, Roodbergen M, Boei J, van Buul P, et al. Inactivation of RAD52 aggravates RAD54 defects in mice but not in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. DNA Repair (Amst). 2005;4:1121-8 pubmed..These findings may be explained by additive defects in HR in the double mutant but may also indicate a more prominent role for single-strand annealing in the absence of Rad54. ..
- Moen C, Tholens A, Voshol P, de Haan W, Havekes L, Gargalovic P, et al. The Hyplip2 locus causes hypertriglyceridemia by decreased clearance of triglycerides. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2182-92 pubmed..The increased plasma TG levels in Hyplip2 mice do not result from an enhanced intestinal absorption or increased hepatic VLDL production but are caused by decreased LPL-mediated TG clearance. ..
- Hassane S, Claij N, Lantinga van Leeuwen I, Van Munsteren J, van Lent N, Hanemaaijer R, et al. Pathogenic sequence for dissecting aneurysm formation in a hypomorphic polycystic kidney disease 1 mouse model. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2177-83 pubmed..The Pkd1(nl/nl) mouse reveals that polycystin1 is implicated in maintenance of the vessel wall structural integrity, and it is a useful model for dissecting aneurysm formation studies. ..
- Zitman F, Todorov B, Jacobs B, Verschuuren J, Furukawa K, Willison H, et al. Neuromuscular synaptic function in mice lacking major subsets of gangliosides. Neuroscience. 2008;156:885-97 pubmed publisher..Rather, presynaptic gangliosides appear to play a modulating role in temperature- and use-dependent fine-tuning of transmitter output. ..
- de Nooijer R, Bot I, von der Thüsen J, Leeuwenburgh M, Overkleeft H, Kraaijeveld A, et al. Leukocyte cathepsin S is a potent regulator of both cell and matrix turnover in advanced atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:188-94 pubmed publisher..Leukocyte CatS deficiency results in considerably altered plaque morphology, with smaller necrotic cores, reduced apoptosis, and decreased SMC content and collagen deposition and may thus be critical in plaque stability. ..
- Nadarajah V, van Putten M, Chaouch A, Garrood P, Straub V, Lochmuller H, et al. Serum matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) as a biomarker for monitoring disease progression in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Neuromuscul Disord. 2011;21:569-78 pubmed publisher..Hence, MMP-9 is a potential DMD biomarker for disease progression. Future studies have to confirm whether serum MMP-9 levels can be used to monitor therapeutic response. ..
- Bot I, de Vries H, Korporaal S, Foks A, Bot M, van Veldhoven J, et al. Adenosine A?B receptor agonism inhibits neointimal lesion development after arterial injury in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2197-205 pubmed publisher..These outcomes thus point to A(2B) receptor agonism as a new therapeutic approach in the prevention of restenosis. ..
- Van Buul P, de Rooij D, Zandman I, Grigorova M, van Duyn Goedhart A. X-ray-induced chromosomal aberrations and cell killing in somatic and germ cells of the scid mouse. Int J Radiat Biol. 1995;67:549-55 pubmed..The dose-response relationship for induced translocations was bell shaped with a maximum of about 0.5% around doses of 0.5-1.5 Gy X-rays. ..
- Van Eck M, Zimmermann R, Groot P, Zechner R, van Berkel T. Role of macrophage-derived lipoprotein lipase in lipoprotein metabolism and atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:E53-62 pubmed
- van Hall T, Laban S, Koppers Lalic D, Koch J, Precup C, Asmawidjaja P, et al. The varicellovirus-encoded TAP inhibitor UL49.5 regulates the presentation of CTL epitopes by Qa-1b1. J Immunol. 2007;178:657-62 pubmed..Our data show that the varicellovirus UL49.5 protein is a universal TAP inhibitor that can be exploited for preclinical studies on CTL-based immune intervention...
- van Bergen J, Thompson A, Retiere C, Trowsdale J, Koning F. Cutting edge: killer Ig-like receptors mediate "missing self" recognition in vivo. J Immunol. 2009;182:2569-72 pubmed publisher..Hence, the KIR transgene mediated "missing self" recognition in vivo. We anticipate that this KIR and HLA transgenic mouse will help shed light on KIR and HLA effects in disease and transplantation. ..
- Loomans C, van Haperen R, Duijs J, Verseyden C, de Crom R, Leenen P, et al. Differentiation of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells is shifted into a proinflammatory phenotype by hyperglycemia. Mol Med. 2009;15:152-9 pubmed publisher..Our study results show that hyperglycemia alters the differentiation fate of BM precursor cells, reducing the potential to generate vascular regenerative cells and favoring the development of proinflammatory cells. ..
- Jansen J, Tsaalbi Shtylik A, Hendriks G, Gali H, Hendel A, Johansson F, et al. Separate domains of Rev1 mediate two modes of DNA damage bypass in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3113-23 pubmed publisher..These gaps are inducers of DNA damage signaling leading to an irreversible G(2) arrest. Our results corroborate a model in which Rev1-mediated DNA damage bypass at postreplicative gaps quenches irreversible DNA damage responses. ..
- Korporaal S, Meurs I, Hauer A, Hildebrand R, Hoekstra M, Cate H, et al. Deletion of the high-density lipoprotein receptor scavenger receptor BI in mice modulates thrombosis susceptibility and indirectly affects platelet function by elevation of plasma free cholesterol. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:34-42 pubmed publisher..The function of SR-BI in HDL cholesterol homeostasis and prevention of atherosclerosis is indirectly also essential for maintaining normal platelet function and prevention of thrombosis. ..
- de Lange J, Ly L, Lodder K, Verlaan de Vries M, Teunisse A, Jager M, et al. Synergistic growth inhibition based on small-molecule p53 activation as treatment for intraocular melanoma. Oncogene. 2012;31:1105-16 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, combination treatments based on small-molecule-induced p53 activation may have clinical potential for uveal melanoma. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang J, Bauer A, Zhang L, Selinger D, Lu C, et al. Fine-tuning BMP7 signalling in adipogenesis by UBE2O/E2-230K-mediated monoubiquitination of SMAD6. EMBO J. 2013;32:996-1007 pubmed publisher..Moreover, UBE2O and SMAD6 cooperated in the regulation of BMP7-induced adipogenesis. ..
- Auvinen H, Wang Y, Princen H, Romijn J, Havekes L, Smit J, et al. Both transient and continuous corticosterone excess inhibit atherosclerotic plaque formation in APOE*3-leiden.CETP mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63882 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the increased atherosclerosis observed in humans in states of glucocorticoid excess may not be related to cortisol per se, but might be the result of complex indirect effects of cortisol. ..
- Arnoldussen I, Zerbi V, Wiesmann M, Noordman R, Bolijn S, Mutsaers M, et al. Early intake of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids preserves brain structure and function in diet-induced obesity. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;30:177-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an HFHC diet causes adverse structural brain and metabolic adaptations, most of which can be averted by dietary ARA and DHA intake early in life supporting metabolic flexibility and cerebral integrity later in life. ..
- Bazuine M, van den Broek P, Maassen J. Genistein directly inhibits GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;326:511-4 pubmed..These data suggest that caution must be applied when interpreting data on the involvement of tyrosine kinase activity in glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. ..
- Plomp J, van den Maagdenberg A, Ferrari M, Frants R, Molenaar P. Transmitter release deficits at the neuromuscular synapse of mice with mutations in the Cav2.1 (alpha1A) subunit of the P/Q-type Ca2+ channel. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;998:29-32 pubmed
- Turk R, Sterrenburg E, van der Wees C, de Meijer E, de Menezes R, Groh S, et al. Common pathological mechanisms in mouse models for muscular dystrophies. FASEB J. 2006;20:127-9 pubmed..This comparative study is an integrating step toward the development of an expression profiling-based diagnostic approach for muscular dystrophies in humans. ..
- Bininda Emonds O, Jeffery J, SAnchez Villagra M, Hanken J, Colbert M, Pieau C, et al. Forelimb-hindlimb developmental timing changes across tetrapod phylogeny. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:182 pubmed..Our results highlight the more important role generally played by allometric heterochrony in this instance to shape adult morphology. ..
- Ott E, Van Den Akker N, Sakalis P, Gittenberger de Groot A, te Velthuis A, Bagowski C. The lim domain only protein 7 is important in zebrafish heart development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3940-52 pubmed publisher..We reveal the temporal and spatial expression patterns of this important gene during mouse, chicken and fish development and our findings suggest essential functions for LMO7 during vertebrate heart development. ..
- Van Dinther M, Visser N, de Gorter D, Doorn J, Goumans M, de Boer J, et al. ALK2 R206H mutation linked to fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva confers constitutive activity to the BMP type I receptor and sensitizes mesenchymal cells to BMP-induced osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:1208-15 pubmed publisher..We have generated an animal model that can be used as a stepping stone for preclinical studies aimed at inhibiting the heterotopic ossification characteristic of FOP...
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- Wang Y, Brulé E, Silander T, Bak B, Joustra S, Bernard D. The short mRNA isoform of the immunoglobulin superfamily, member 1 gene encodes an intracellular glycoprotein. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180731 pubmed publisher..Whether the protein plays intracellular functions or is trafficked through the secretory pathway under certain physiologic or pathophysiologic conditions has yet to be determined. ..
- de Jager S, Kraaijeveld A, Grauss R, de Jager W, Liem S, van der Hoeven B, et al. CCL3 (MIP-1 alpha) levels are elevated during acute coronary syndromes and show strong prognostic power for future ischemic events. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:446-52 pubmed publisher..CCL3 levels are elevated during ACS and released upon ischemia. Since CCL3 specifically predicts future cardiovascular events, it may serve as a predictive biomarker. ..
- Hardwick J, Kodach L, Offerhaus G, van den Brink G. Bone morphogenetic protein signalling in colorectal cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2008;8:806-12 pubmed publisher..Further evidence in mice suggests a primary role for mesenchymal loss of BMP signalling in hamartoma development. Here, we examine this evidence and question its relevance to sporadic colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Van Es T, van Puijvelde G, Ramos O, Segers F, Joosten L, van den Berg W, et al. Attenuated atherosclerosis upon IL-17R signaling disruption in LDLr deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:261-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, signaling via the IL-17 receptor in bone marrow derived cells enhances the process of atherosclerosis. ..
- Ly L, Sluijter M, Versluis M, Luyten G, van Stipdonk M, van der Burg S, et al. Peptide vaccination after T-cell transfer causes massive clonal expansion, tumor eradication, and manageable cytokine storm. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8339-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify a peptide vaccination strategy that can potently accentuate effective ACT in non-lymphodepleted hosts. ..
- Kodach L, Jacobs R, Voorneveld P, Wildenberg M, Verspaget H, van Wezel T, et al. Statins augment the chemosensitivity of colorectal cancer cells inducing epigenetic reprogramming and reducing colorectal cancer cell 'stemness' via the bone morphogenetic protein pathway. Gut. 2011;60:1544-53 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that statins may be able to be used as differentiating agents in combined or adjuvant therapy in CRC with the CpG island methylator phenotype. ..
- Schipper L, Brand A, Fibbe W, van Hensbergen Y. Functional characterization of TPO-expanded CD34+ cord blood cells identifies CD34- CD61- cells as platelet-producing cells early after transplantation in NOD/SCID mice and rCD34+ cells as CAFC colony-forming cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:988-96 pubmed publisher..These data support that functional characterization of the expanded cell populations is warranted to make future expansion protocols suitable for clinical application...
- Tiemessen M, Baert M, Schonewille T, Brugman M, Famili F, Salvatori D, et al. The nuclear effector of Wnt-signaling, Tcf1, functions as a T-cell-specific tumor suppressor for development of lymphomas. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001430 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tcf1 acts as a molecular switch between proliferative and repressive signals during T-lymphocyte development in the thymus. ..
- Martín Pardillos A, Tsaalbi Shtylik A, Chen S, Lazare S, van Os R, Dethmers Ausema A, et al. Genomic and functional integrity of the hematopoietic system requires tolerance of oxidative DNA lesions. Blood. 2017;130:1523-1534 pubmed publisher..The error-prone nature of TLS may provide mechanistic understanding of the accumulation of mutations in the hematopoietic system upon aging. ..
- van Solingen C, Seghers L, Bijkerk R, Duijs J, Roeten M, van Oeveren Rietdijk A, et al. Antagomir-mediated silencing of endothelial cell specific microRNA-126 impairs ischemia-induced angiogenesis. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:1577-85 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a facilitary function for miR-126 in ischemia-induced angiogenesis and show the efficacy and specificity of antagomir-induced silencing of EC-specific microRNAs in vivo. ..
- Roep B, Atkinson M. Animal models have little to teach us about type 1 diabetes: 1. In support of this proposal. Diabetologia. 2004;47:1650-6 pubmed
- Kaja S, van de Ven R, Ferrari M, Frants R, van den Maagdenberg A, Plomp J. Compensatory contribution of Cav2.3 channels to acetylcholine release at the neuromuscular junction of tottering mice. J Neurophysiol. 2006;95:2698-704 pubmed..This is the first report of compensatory expression of non-Cav2.1 channels at NMJs of mice with a single amino acid change in Cav2.1. ..
- Ossevoort M, Zaldumbide A, te Velthuis A, Melchers M, Ressing M, Wiertz E, et al. The nested open reading frame in the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 mRNA encodes a protein capable of inhibiting antigen presentation in cis. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3588-96 pubmed publisher..Even though the physiological function of pGZr remains to be elucidated, the GZ-repeat protein may be valuable as inhibitor of presentation of antigenic peptides derived from transgenes in gene therapy...
- Bijker M, van den Eeden S, Franken K, Melief C, van der Burg S, Offringa R. Superior induction of anti-tumor CTL immunity by extended peptide vaccines involves prolonged, DC-focused antigen presentation. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:1033-42 pubmed publisher..An additional advantage of extended CTL peptide vaccines is an increased duration of in vivo epitope presentation. ..
- Parlevliet E, de Leeuw van Weenen J, Romijn J, Pijl H. GLP-1 treatment reduces endogenous insulin resistance via activation of central GLP-1 receptors in mice fed a high-fat diet. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;299:E318-24 pubmed publisher..Activation of central GLP-1Rs contributes substantially to the inhibition of endogenous glucose production by GLP-1 treatment in this animal model. ..
- Oliveira C, Querido B, Sluijter M, Derbinski J, van der Burg S, van Hall T. Peptide transporter TAP mediates between competing antigen sources generating distinct surface MHC class I peptide repertoires. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:3114-24 pubmed publisher..Impairment of TAP function, as commonly found in cancers and virus-infected cells, lowers this resistance allowing for MHC-I presentation of other peptide sources...
- Zhou F, Xie F, Jin K, Zhang Z, Clerici M, Gao R, et al. USP4 inhibits SMAD4 monoubiquitination and promotes activin and BMP signaling. EMBO J. 2017;36:1623-1639 pubmed publisher..Moreover, zebrafish depleted of USP4 exhibited defective cell migration and slower coordinated cell movement known as epiboly, both of which could be rescued by SMAD4. Therefore, USP4 is a critical determinant of SMAD4 activity. ..
- Tebar M, Destree O, de Vree W, Ten Have Opbroek A. Expression of Tcf/Lef and sFrp and localization of beta-catenin in the developing mouse lung. Mech Dev. 2001;109:437-40 pubmed..5 onward), and adjacent mesenchyme. Tcf1, Lef1, Tcf3, Tcf4, sFrp1, sFrp2 and sFrp4 were also expressed in the PE, AE, and adjacent mesenchyme in specific spatio-temporal patterns. ..
- Tesselaar K, Xiao Y, Arens R, van Schijndel G, Schuurhuis D, Mebius R, et al. Expression of the murine CD27 ligand CD70 in vitro and in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;170:33-40 pubmed..Thus, expression of CD70 in the mouse is highly regulated at the transcriptional and posttranslational level. This most likely serves to limit excessive effector cell formation after antigenic stimulation. ..
- de Jong J, Schuurhuis D, Ioan Facsinay A, Welling M, Camps M, van der Voort E, et al. Dendritic cells, but not macrophages or B cells, activate major histocompatibility complex class II-restricted CD4+ T cells upon immune-complex uptake in vivo. Immunology. 2006;119:499-506 pubmed..These results indicate that mainly DC and not other professional APC, despite expressing FcgammaR and MHC class II, contribute significantly to IC-facilitated T cell activation in vivo under steady-state conditions. ..
- Molenaar P. A relative weak leg muscle in the rolling Nagoya mouse as a model for Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;201-202:166-71 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that leg weakness in LEMS may result from a relatively small safety factor of neuromuscular transmission and that this could become particularly prominent when the activity of calcium channels is diminished. ..
- Ding Z, Verbaan F, Bivas Benita M, Bungener L, Huckriede A, van den Berg D, et al. Microneedle arrays for the transcutaneous immunization of diphtheria and influenza in BALB/c mice. J Control Release. 2009;136:71-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TCI of DT and CT with microneedle treatment results in comparable protection as injection of DT-alum, and TCI of influenza vaccine adjuvanted with CT is superior to the injection of plain vaccine. ..
- Brouwer C, Rahman M, Welling M. Discovery and development of a synthetic peptide derived from lactoferrin for clinical use. Peptides. 2011;32:1953-63 pubmed publisher..Another approach of using AMP's is their use in prevention of infections e.g. as coating for dental or bone implants or in biosensing applications or useful as infection specific radiopharmaceutical. ..
- Miclea R, Siebelt M, Finos L, Goeman J, Lowik C, Oostdijk W, et al. Inhibition of Gsk3? in cartilage induces osteoarthritic features through activation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011;19:1363-72 pubmed publisher..Short term ?-catenin up-regulation in cartilage secondary to Gsk3? inhibition may be sufficient to induce osteoarthritis-like features in vivo. ..
- Bal S, Slütter B, Verheul R, Bouwstra J, Jiskoot W. Adjuvanted, antigen loaded N-trimethyl chitosan nanoparticles for nasal and intradermal vaccination: adjuvant- and site-dependent immunogenicity in mice. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;45:475-81 pubmed publisher..However, the strength and quality of the response depends on the immunopotentiator as well as the route of administration. ..
- El Filali M, Ly L, Luyten G, Versluis M, Grossniklaus H, van der Velden P, et al. Bevacizumab and intraocular tumors: an intriguing paradox. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2454-67 pubmed..The use of VEGF inhibitors for treatment of macular edema (due to radiation retinopathy) after irradiation of UM should be considered carefully, because of the possible adverse effects on residual UM cells. ..
- Bazuine M, Ouwens D, Gomes de Mesquita D, Maassen J. Arsenite stimulated glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes involves both Glut4 translocation and p38 MAPK activity. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:3891-903 pubmed..This response to arsenite is not functionally linked to early steps of the IR-IRS-PI-3' kinase pathway, but does coincide with c-Cbl phosphorylation, basal levels of PKC-lambda activity and p38 MAPK activation. ..
- Jones E, Shyti R, van Zeijl R, van Heiningen S, Ferrari M, Deelder A, et al. Imaging mass spectrometry to visualize biomolecule distributions in mouse brain tissue following hemispheric cortical spreading depression. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5027-5035 pubmed publisher..NNMF confirmed that the protein dataset did not contain substantial contralateral differences, while these were present in the neuropeptide dataset. ..
- Weeda G, Ma L, van Ham R, Bootsma D, van der Eb A, Hoeijmakers J. Characterization of the mouse homolog of the XPBC/ERCC-3 gene implicated in xeroderma pigmentosum and Cockayne's syndrome. Carcinogenesis. 1991;12:2361-8 pubmed..The mouse XPBC/ERCC-3 gene is expressed constitutively at low levels in all tissues examined except for testis, where its expression is significantly enhanced. ..
- Tacken P, Hofker M, Havekes L, van Dijk K. Living up to a name: the role of the VLDL receptor in lipid metabolism. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2001;12:275-9 pubmed
- Rezaee F, Maas A, Verheijen J, Koopman J. Increased hepatic fibrinogen Bbeta-gene transcription is not enough to increase plasma fibrinogen levels. A transgenic mouse study. Thromb Haemost. 2001;85:1025-30 pubmed
- Karssen A, Meijer O, van der Sandt I, de Boer A, De Lange E, de Kloet E. The role of the efflux transporter P-glycoprotein in brain penetration of prednisolone. J Endocrinol. 2002;175:251-60 pubmed..Furthermore, the ensuing imbalance in activation of the two types of brain corticosteroid receptors may have consequences for cognitive performance and mood. ..
- Vermeer H, van Dam G, Halkes K, Kamerling J, Vliegenthart J, Hokke C, et al. Immunodiagnostically applicable monoclonal antibodies to the circulating anodic antigen of Schistosoma mansoni bind to small, defined oligosaccharide epitopes. Parasitol Res. 2003;90:330-6 pubmed
- Espirito Santo S, van Vlijmen B, Buytenhek R, van Duyvenvoorde W, Havekes L, Arnault I, et al. Well-characterized garlic-derived materials are not hypolipidemic in APOE*3-Leiden transgenic mice. J Nutr. 2004;134:1500-3 pubmed..The current data indicate that the postulated effects of garlic on cardiovascular disease are not caused via modulation of plasma lipid levels...
- van den Hoek A, Voshol P, Karnekamp B, Buijs R, Romijn J, Havekes L, et al. Intracerebroventricular neuropeptide Y infusion precludes inhibition of glucose and VLDL production by insulin. Diabetes. 2004;53:2529-34 pubmed
- Rebel H, Kram N, Westerman A, Banus S, van Kranen H, de Gruijl F. Relationship between UV-induced mutant p53 patches and skin tumours, analysed by mutation spectra and by induction kinetics in various DNA-repair-deficient mice. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:2123-30 pubmed
- Hokke C, Yazdanbakhsh M. Schistosome glycans and innate immunity. Parasite Immunol. 2005;27:257-64 pubmed..The relevant schistosome glycan elements and the possible mechanisms through which they act on the innate immune system are discussed in this review. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou F, van Laar T, Zhang J, van Dam H, Ten Dijke P. Fas-associated factor 1 antagonizes Wnt signaling by promoting ?-catenin degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1617-24 pubmed publisher..These results identify FAF1 as a novel inhibitory factor of canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- de Gorter D, Van Dinther M, Korchynskyi O, Ten Dijke P. Biphasic effects of transforming growth factor ? on bone morphogenetic protein-induced osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1178-87 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TGF-?, besides acting as an inhibitor, also can, by dampening the noggin-mediated negative-feedback loop, enhance BMP-induced osteoblast differentiation, which might be beneficial in fracture healing. ..
- Pike Overzet K, Rodijk M, Ng Y, Baert M, Lagresle Peyrou C, Schambach A, et al. Correction of murine Rag1 deficiency by self-inactivating lentiviral vector-mediated gene transfer. Leukemia. 2011;25:1471-83 pubmed publisher..The functional reconstitution of the B- as well as the T-cell compartment provides proof-of-principle for therapeutic RAG1 gene transfer in Rag1-/- mice using lentiviral SIN vectors. ..
- Ewing M, Karper J, Sampietro M, de Vries M, Pettersson K, Jukema J, et al. Annexin A5 prevents post-interventional accelerated atherosclerosis development in a dose-dependent fashion in mice. Atherosclerosis. 2012;221:333-40 pubmed publisher..AnxA5 SNPs could serve as markers for restenosis after PCI and AnxA5 therapeutically prevents vascular remodeling in a dose-dependent fashion, together indicating clinical potential for AnxA5 against post-interventional remodeling. ..
- Xie B, Mol I, Keereweer S, van Beek E, Que I, Snoeks T, et al. Dual-wavelength imaging of tumor progression by activatable and targeting near-infrared fluorescent probes in a bioluminescent breast cancer model. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31875 pubmed publisher..This study may open up new perspectives for the detection of tumors and metastases in various experimental models and could also have clinical applications, such as image-guided surgery. ..
- Gittenberger de Groot A, Mahtab E, Hahurij N, Wisse L, DeRuiter M, Wijffels M, et al. Nkx2.5-negative myocardium of the posterior heart field and its correlation with podoplanin expression in cells from the developing cardiac pacemaking and conduction system. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2007;290:115-22 pubmed..We conclude that we have found podoplanin as a marker that links a novel Nkx2.5-negative sinus venosus myocardial area, which we refer to as the posterior heart field, with the cardiac conduction system. ..
- Van Den Akker N, Winkel L, Nisancioglu M, Maas S, Wisse L, Armulik A, et al. PDGF-B signaling is important for murine cardiac development: its role in developing atrioventricular valves, coronaries, and cardiac innervation. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:494-503 pubmed publisher..This implies a role for PDGF-B/PDGFR-beta-signaling specifically in the contribution of these cell lineages to cardiac development. ..
- Winter E, Van Oorschot A, Hogers B, van der Graaf L, Doevendans P, Poelmann R, et al. A new direction for cardiac regeneration therapy: application of synergistically acting epicardium-derived cells and cardiomyocyte progenitor cells. Circ Heart Fail. 2009;2:643-53 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time that synergistically acting cells hold great promise for future clinical regeneration therapy. ..
- van den Hoogen C, van der Horst G, Cheung H, Buijs J, Lippitt J, Guzmán Ramírez N, et al. High aldehyde dehydrogenase activity identifies tumor-initiating and metastasis-initiating cells in human prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5163-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ALDH-based viable cell sorting can be used to identify and characterize tumor-initiating and, more importantly perhaps, metastasis-initiating cells in human prostate cancer...
- Kaijzel E, van Heijningen P, Wielopolski P, Vermeij M, Koning G, van Cappellen W, et al. Multimodality imaging reveals a gradual increase in matrix metalloproteinase activity at aneurysmal lesions in live fibulin-4 mice. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010;3:567-77 pubmed publisher..We show that in vivo coregistration of MMP activity by noninvasive tomographic imaging methods allows the detection of increased MMP activity, even before the aneurysm has actually formed. ..
- De Vries M, Niessen H, Lowik C, Hamming J, Jukema J, Quax P. Plaque rupture complications in murine atherosclerotic vein grafts can be prevented by TIMP-1 overexpression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47134 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibition of MMPs by TIMP-1-overexpression resulted in decreased plaque progression, increased stabilization and decreased plaque rupture complications in murine vein grafts. ..
- Spijker H, Ravelli R, Mommaas Kienhuis A, van Apeldoorn A, Engelse M, Zaldumbide A, et al. Conversion of mature human ?-cells into glucagon-producing ?-cells. Diabetes. 2013;62:2471-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an unknown plasticity of human adult endocrine cells that can be modulated. This endocrine cell plasticity could have implications for islet development, (patho)physiology, and regeneration. ..
- Handgraaf H, Boonstra M, Prevoo H, Kuil J, Bordo M, Boogerd L, et al. Real-time near-infrared fluorescence imaging using cRGD-ZW800-1 for intraoperative visualization of multiple cancer types. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21054-21066 pubmed publisher..Due to its recognition of various integrins, which are expressed on malignant and neoangiogenic cells, it is expected that cRGD-ZW800-1 will provide a sensitive and generic tool to visualize cancer during surgery...
- Oortveld M, van Vlijmen Willems I, Kersten F, Cheng T, Verdoes M, van Erp P, et al. Cathepsin B as a potential cystatin M/E target in the mouse hair follicle. FASEB J. 2017;31:4286-4294 pubmed publisher..M. J. J., Kersten, F. F. J., Cheng, T., Verdoes, M., van Erp, P. E. J., Verbeek, S., Reinheckel, T., Hendriks, W. J. A. J., Schalkwijk, J., Zeeuwen, P. L. J. M. Cathepsin B as a potential cystatin M/E target in the mouse hair follicle. ..
- Khedoe P, de Kleijn S, van Oeveren Rietdijk A, Plomp J, de Boer H, van Pel M, et al. Acute and chronic effects of treatment with mesenchymal stromal cells on LPS-induced pulmonary inflammation, emphysema and atherosclerosis development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183741 pubmed publisher..These data show that MSC inhibit LPS-induced pulmonary and systemic inflammation in the acute study, whereas MSC treatment had no effect on inflammation, emphysema and atherosclerosis development in the chronic study. ..
- Hohenstein P, Molenaar L, Elsinga J, Morreau H, van der Klift H, Struijk A, et al. Serrated adenomas and mixed polyposis caused by a splice acceptor deletion in the mouse Smad4 gene. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;36:273-82 pubmed..Identification of a Smad4 mutation in the Sad mouse model provides further support for the involvement of the Smad genes, and thus the TGFB pathway, in the serrated/hyperplastic route to colorectal cancer. ..
- Weterings J, Khan S, van der Heden van Noort G, Melief C, Overkleeft H, van der Burg S, et al. 2-Azidoalkoxy-7-hydro-8-oxoadenine derivatives as TLR7 agonists inducing dendritic cell maturation. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:2249-51 pubmed publisher..The synthesis of an array of 2-azidoalkoxy substituted 7-hydro-8-oxoadenines is described. The relation of the structure of these compounds and their ability to induce maturation of dendritic cells is evaluated. ..
- Van den Bergh P, Dobber R, Ramlal S, Rozing J, Nagelkerken L. Role of opioid peptides in the regulation of cytokine production by murine CD4+ T cells. Cell Immunol. 1994;154:109-22 pubmed
- Barel M, Ressing M, Pizzato N, van Leeuwen D, Le Bouteiller P, Lenfant F, et al. Human cytomegalovirus-encoded US2 differentially affects surface expression of MHC class I locus products and targets membrane-bound, but not soluble HLA-G1 for degradation. J Immunol. 2003;171:6757-65 pubmed..This indicates that the cytoplasmic tail of the MHC class I H chain is not required for its dislocation to the cytosol by US2. ..
- Trouw L, Seelen M, Visseren R, Duijs J, Benediktsson H, De Heer E, et al. Anti-C1q autoantibodies in murine lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;135:41-8 pubmed..In conclusion, anti-C1q antibodies are already present in serum and immune deposits of the kidney early in life and therefore can play a role in nephritis during experimental SLE-like disease in mice. ..