Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ldl receptors in Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Locale: Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Topic: ldl receptors
- Hauer A, Habets K, van Wanrooij E, de Vos P, Krueger J, Reisfeld R, et al. Vaccination against TIE2 reduces atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:365-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, vaccination strategies that target cells that contribute to atherosclerosis, may be of potential use in the development of novel treatments of atherosclerosis. ..
- Van Es T, van Puijvelde G, Foks A, Habets K, Bot I, Gilboa E, et al. Vaccination against Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells aggravates atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2010;209:74-80 pubmed publisher..The results illustrate the important role for Foxp3-expressing regulatory T cells in atherosclerosis, thereby providing a potential opportunity for therapeutic intervention against this disease. ..
- Jong M, Dahlmans V, van Gorp P, van Dijk K, Breuer M, Hofker M, et al. In the absence of the low density lipoprotein receptor, human apolipoprotein C1 overexpression in transgenic mice inhibits the hepatic uptake of very low density lipoproteins via a receptor-associated protein-sensitive pathway. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:2259-67 pubmed..60+/-10 and 38+/-7 mmol/liter, respectively). From these studies we conclude that, in the absence of the LDLR, apoC1 inhibits the hepatic uptake of VLDL via a RAP-sensitive pathway. ..
- Van Eck M, Hoekstra M, Out R, Bos I, Kruijt J, Hildebrand R, et al. Scavenger receptor BI facilitates the metabolism of VLDL lipoproteins in vivo. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:136-46 pubmed..In conclusion, SR-BI plays an important physiological role in the metabolism of VLDL (remnants). ..
- Hoekstra M, Li Z, Kruijt J, Van Eck M, Van Berkel T, Kuiper J. The expression level of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease-related gene PNPLA3 in hepatocytes is highly influenced by hepatic lipid status. J Hepatol. 2010;52:244-51 pubmed publisher..It appears that the NAFLD-related gene PNPLA3 is highly responsive to metabolic changes in hepatocytes within the liver and its relative change in expression level suggests an essential function in lipogenesis. ..
- Hoekstra M, Korporaal S, Li Z, Zhao Y, Van Eck M, Van Berkel T. Plasma lipoproteins are required for both basal and stress-induced adrenal glucocorticoid synthesis and protection against endotoxemia in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;299:E1038-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is suggested that plasma lipoproteins are required for optimal adrenal steroidogenesis and protection against endotoxemia in mice. ..