Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
Locale: Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Berends J, Dompeling E, van der Star J, Hoorntje J. Pulmonary hypertension with limited cutaneous scleroderma (CREST syndrome). Neth J Med. 2000;57:229-32 pubmed..This treatment resulted in initial improvement of diffusion capacity and exercise tolerance, however, 1 year after diagnosis the patient died of progressive pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Cense H, Rutgers E, Lopes Cardozo M, van Lanschot J. Nipple-sparing mastectomy in breast cancer: a viable option?. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2001;27:521-6 pubmed..Considering the incidence of NI in larger tumours (T2 average 33%, T3 average >50%) a NAC-sparing mastectomy may carry an unacceptable high risk for local relapse and should therefore not be advocated. ..
- de Lange J, Putters T, Baas E, van Ingen J. Ultrasonic root-end preparation in apical surgery: a prospective randomized study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007;104:841-5 pubmed..9% (P = .056). In molars, the difference in success rate was significant (P = .02). The use of an ultrasonic device in apical surgery improved the outcome of treatment. In molars this effect was significant. ..
- Oudkerk Pool M. Review article: Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease--application of the concept of complete remission. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007;26 Suppl 2:13-6 pubmed publisher..ReQuest is available for daily practice to use for comparability with regard to treatment efficacy. ..
- Boers J, Meeuwissen H, Methorst N. HER2 status in gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinomas assessed by two rabbit monoclonal antibodies (SP3 and 4B5) and two in situ hybridization methods (FISH and SISH). Histopathology. 2011;58:383-94 pubmed publisher..FISH and SISH yield identical results, but assessment is much easier with SISH. Our findings provide important guidance for HER2-testing in gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinomas for patients in whom anti-HER2 treatment is considered. ..
- Neelis E, Roskott A, Dijkstra G, Wanten G, Serlie M, Tabbers M, et al. Presentation of a nationwide multicenter registry of intestinal failure and intestinal transplantation. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:225-9 pubmed publisher..DRIFT will facilitate the multicenter monitoring of individual patients, thereby supporting multidisciplinary care and decision-making. ..
- Soer E, Leicher L, Langers A, van de Meeberg P, van der Wouden E, Koornstra J, et al. Equivalent Helicobacter pylori infection rates in Lynch syndrome mutation carriers with and without a first-degree relative with gastric cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016;31:693-7 pubmed publisher..pylori is increasingly followed. The prevalence of infection in this patient group does not differ from the general population. Patients who had a first-degree family member with gastric cancer did not have a higher infection rate. ..
- Hofman R, Rosingh H. Unilateral hearing loss as primary symptom of craniopharyngioma in a six-year-old girl. J Laryngol Otol. 2008;122:e10 pubmed publisher..13-2:100,000. Craniopharyngioma is a rare disease. First presentation with otological symptoms is extremely rare. Otoacoustic emissions can differentiate between cochlear and retrocochlear causes of sensorineural hearing loss. ..
- Mouden M, Ottervanger J, Timmer J, Reiffers S, Oostdijk A, Knollema S, et al. Myocardial perfusion imaging in stable symptomatic patients with extensive coronary atherosclerosis. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014;41:136-43 pubmed publisher..However, nonischaemic MPI does not exclude revascularization, and patients with persisting complaints should be considered for invasive angiography. ..
- Zwijsen S, Gerritsen D, Eefsting J, Hertogh C, Pot A, Smalbrugge M. The development of the Grip on Challenging Behaviour dementia care programme. Int J Palliat Nurs. 2014;20:15-21 pubmed..The Grip on Challenging Behaviour care programme provides a way for dementia special care units to manage challenging behaviour in a structured way and with a multidisciplinary approach making use of their own resources. ..
- van Giessen A, De Wit G, Smit H, Den Ruijter H, Nierich A, Jansen Klomp W, et al. Patient selection for cardiac surgery: Time to consider subgroups within risk categories?. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:1103-8 pubmed publisher..Discussions on allocation of cardiac surgery patients to different interventions may benefit from focusing on such specific subgroups. ..
- van de Glind I, Berben S, Zeegers F, Poppen H, Hoogeveen M, Bolt I, et al. A national research agenda for pre-hospital emergency medical services in the Netherlands: a Delphi-study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:2 pubmed publisher..Dissemination and implementation of the research agenda deserves careful attention. ..
- Haanstra J, de vos tot Nederveen Cappel W, Gopie J, Vecht J, Vanhoutvin S, Cats A, et al. Quality of life after surgery for colon cancer in patients with Lynch syndrome: partial versus subtotal colectomy. Dis Colon Rectum. 2012;55:653-9 pubmed publisher..When discussing the options for surgery with the patient, all advantages and disadvantages of both surgical procedures, including quality of life and functional outcome, should be discussed. ..
- Ahmed Ali U, Issa Y, Hagenaars J, Bakker O, van Goor H, Nieuwenhuijs V, et al. Risk of Recurrent Pancreatitis and Progression to Chronic Pancreatitis After a First Episode of Acute Pancreatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:738-46 pubmed publisher..Smoking is the predominant risk factor for recurrent disease, whereas the combination of alcohol abuse and smoking produces the highest cumulative risk for chronic pancreatitis. ..
- van Rijssen A, Gerbrandy F, Ter Linden H, Klip H, Werker P. A comparison of the direct outcomes of percutaneous needle fasciotomy and limited fasciectomy for Dupuytren's disease: a 6-week follow-up study. J Hand Surg Am. 2006;31:717-25 pubmed..In the short term and in cases with a TPED of 90 degrees or less PNF is a good treatment alternative to LF for treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Therapeutic, Level I. ..
- Breur J, Brand P. [Diagnostic image (281). A girl with fever, a sore throat and a rash]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2006;150:1508 pubmed..Scarlet fever was diagnosed in a girl with high fever, a sore throat and exanthema marginatum. ..
- Baas E, Horsthuis R, de Lange J. Subjective alveolar nerve function after bilateral sagittal split osteotomy or distraction osteogenesis of mandible. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012;70:910-8 pubmed publisher..8 (95% confidence interval 2.580 to 201.488). Satisfaction also correlated with age, independent of gender. No difference was found in subjective IAN disturbances after 1 year between DOG and BSSO for lengthening the mandible. ..
- Kilic S, van T Hof A, Ten Berg J, Lopez A, Zeymer U, Hamon M, et al. Frequency and prognostic significance of access site and non-access site bleeding and impact of choice of antithrombin therapy in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention. The EUROMAX trial. Int J Cardiol. 2016;211:119-23 pubmed publisher..Access site bleeds were not associated with an excess in 30day mortality, but the rest of the bleeds were. Bivalirudin is associated with a lower risk of bleeding irrespective of origin. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT01087723. ..
- Ettema H, Kollen B, Verheyen C, Buller H. Prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with immobilization of the lower extremities: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:1093-8 pubmed publisher..22; CI 0.61-2.46; P = 0.57). Our findings indicate that thromboprophylaxis with LMWH for immobilization of the lower extremities reduces the risk of VTE. This benefit is achieved with no excess bleeding. ..
- Goosen J, Kums A, Kollen B, Verheyen C. Porous-coated femoral components with or without hydroxyapatite in primary uncemented total hip arthroplasty: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2009;129:1165-9 pubmed publisher..74) in the surface area of the prosthesis. This meta-analysis demonstrates neither clinical nor radiologic benefits on the application of a hydroxyapatite coating on a femoral component in uncemented primary total hip arthroplasty. ..
- de Jong E, Stocks T, Visscher T, Hirasing R, Seidell J, Renders C. Association between sleep duration and overweight: the importance of parenting. Int J Obes (Lond). 2012;36:1278-84 pubmed publisher..Parents have a key role in stimulating optimal sleep duration. Improving parenting skills and knowledge to offer children more structure, and possibly with that, increase sleeping hours, may be promising in prevention of overweight. ..
- Zijlstra F, Hoorntje J, de Boer M, Reiffers S, Miedema K, Ottervanger J, et al. Long-term benefit of primary angioplasty as compared with thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med. 1999;341:1413-9 pubmed
- Tjeertes I, Bastiaans D, van Ganzewinkel C, Zegers S. Neonatal anemia and hydrops fetalis after maternal mycophenolate mofetil use. J Perinatol. 2007;27:62-4 pubmed..Consulting the international registers of drug effects through the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, we found out that the anemia was never seen or reported before. ..
- Drion I, Kleefstra N, Landman G, Alkhalaf A, Struck J, Groenier K, et al. Plasma COOH-terminal proendothelin-1: a marker of fatal cardiovascular events, all-cause mortality, and new-onset albuminuria in type 2 diabetes? (ZODIAC-29). Diabetes Care. 2012;35:2354-8 pubmed publisher..CT-proET-1 has additional value for the prediction of fatal cardiovascular events and new-onset albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes, compared with conventional risk factors, but not for all-cause mortality. ..
- Boerma R, Braun K, van den Broek M, van de Broek M, van Berkestijn F, Swinkels M, et al. Remarkable Phenytoin Sensitivity in 4 Children with SCN8A-related Epilepsy: A Molecular Neuropharmacological Approach. Neurotherapeutics. 2016;13:192-7 pubmed publisher..Based on the findings in these patients and the underlying molecular mechanism we consider treatment with (high-dose) phenytoin as a possible treatment option in patients with difficult-to-control seizures due to an SCN8A mutation. ..
- Schrijver T, Brand P, Bekhof J. Seasonal variation of diseases in children: a 6-year prospective cohort study in a general hospital. Eur J Pediatr. 2016;175:457-64 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it showed seasonal variation for functional complaints for example (abdominal pain and headache), which has not been described previously. ..
- Burbach J, Kleijnen J, Reerink O, Seravalli E, Philippens M, Schakel T, et al. Inter-observer agreement of MRI-based tumor delineation for preoperative radiotherapy boost in locally advanced rectal cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:399-407 pubmed publisher..Study strengths were DWI adaptation to exclude geometrical distortions and training-set. DWI shows great potential for delineation purposes as long as sufficient experience exists and geometrical distortions are eliminated. ..
- Timmer J, Ottervanger J, Hoorntje J, de Boer M, Suryapranata H, van T Hof A, et al. Prognostic value of erythrocyte sedimentation rate in ST segment elevation myocardial infarction: interaction with hyperglycaemia. J Intern Med. 2005;257:423-9 pubmed..There is no association or interaction between glucose levels and the inflammatory response as reflected by ESR. ..
- Bosker B, Ettema H, Verheyen C, Castelein R. Acetabular augmentation ring for recurrent dislocation of total hip arthroplasty: 60% stability rate after an average follow-up of 74 months. Int Orthop. 2009;33:49-52 pubmed..In five hips (10%), deep infection after the augmentation procedure necessitated removal of the entire prosthesis. In our opinion, this technique cannot be recommended as it has an unacceptable failure and high infection rate. ..
- Meerwaldt R, Zeebregts C, Navis G, Hillebrands J, Lefrandt J, Smit A. Accumulation of advanced glycation end products and chronic complications in ESRD treated by dialysis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009;53:138-50 pubmed publisher..The formation and accumulation of AGEs in patients with ESRD are discussed, as well as the relationship between AGE accumulation and such major complications of ESRD as cardiovascular and connective tissue disorders. ..
- Melenhorst W, Overgoor M, Gonera E, Tellier M, Houpt P. Nerve decompression surgery as treatment for peripheral diabetic neuropathy: literature overview and awareness among medical professionals. Ann Plast Surg. 2009;63:217-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we report on the awareness of this novel treatment strategy among medical professionals that are primarily involved in diabetes care. ..
- Roos C, Vis J, Scheepers H, Bloemenkamp K, Duvekot H, van Eyck J, et al. Fetal fibronectin status and cervical length in women with threatened preterm labor and the effectiveness of maintenance tocolysis. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016;29:1556-61 pubmed publisher..87 for fFN and 0.18 for CL). Maintenance tocolytic therapy with nifedipine is ineffective and not dependent on fFN or CL status. ..
- Wegner I, Edelbroek P, de Haan G, Lindhout D, Sander J. Drug monitoring of lamotrigine and oxcarbazepine combination during pregnancy. Epilepsia. 2010;51:2500-2 pubmed publisher..This stresses the importance of therapeutic drug monitoring of LTG and MHD during pregnancy. In case of breakthrough seizures or increased seizure frequency, dosage adjustment of both drugs may be required. ..
- Verbrugge S, Al M, Assaraf Y, Kammerer S, Chandrupatla D, Honeywell R, et al. Multifactorial resistance to aminopeptidase inhibitor prodrug CHR2863 in myeloid leukemia cells: down-regulation of carboxylesterase 1, drug sequestration in lipid droplets and pro-survival activation ERK/Akt/mTOR. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5240-57 pubmed publisher..These finding delineate the molecular basis of CHR2863 resistance and offer a novel modality to overcome this drug resistance in myeloid leukemia cells. ..
- Zaal L, Mooi W, Sillevis Smitt J, van der Horst C. Classification of congenital melanocytic naevi and malignant transformation: a review of the literature. Br J Plast Surg. 2004;57:707-19 pubmed..Based on a review of the world literature, we recommend prophylactic excision of all CN, in close communication with patient and family and individualising treatment accordingly. ..
- Versteijne E, van Eijck C, Punt C, Suker M, Zwinderman A, Dohmen M, et al. Preoperative radiochemotherapy versus immediate surgery for resectable and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer (PREOPANC trial): study protocol for a multicentre randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2016;17:127 pubmed publisher..Trial open for accrual: 3 April 2013 The Netherlands National Trial Register - NTR3709 (8 November 2012) EU Clinical Trials Register - 2012-003181-40 (11 December 2012). ..
- Boekhout A, Gietema J, Milojkovic Kerklaan B, van Werkhoven E, Altena R, Honkoop A, et al. Angiotensin II-Receptor Inhibition With Candesartan to Prevent Trastuzumab-Related Cardiotoxic Effects in Patients With Early Breast Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2016;2:1030-7 pubmed publisher..The ERBB2 germline Ala1170Pro single nucleotide polymorphism may be used to identify patients who are at increased risk of trastuzumab-related cardiotoxic effects. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00459771. ..
- Nawijn S, van der Linde H, Emmelot C, Hofstad C. Stump management after trans-tibial amputation: a systematic review. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2005;29:13-26 pubmed..More research is needed for the development of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines concerning management after transtibial amputation. ..
- Joosten H, Strunk A, Meijer S, Boers J, Aries M, Abbes A, et al. An aid to the diagnosis of genetic disorders underlying adult-onset renal failure: a literature review. Clin Nephrol. 2010;73:454-72 pubmed..2) Not autosomal dominant: Nephronophthisis, Fabry disease, primary oxalosis, Adenine Phosphoribosyl Transferase deficiency, Alport syndrome, Lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase deficiency, adult-onset cystinosis. ..
- Franken A, van Blijderveen N, Witjes M, Netelenbos C. [Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2011;155:A3077 pubmed..This requires cooperation and the exchange of information between a patient's health care providers. ..
- Montenij L, Sonneveld J, Nierich A, Buhre W, De Waal E. Accuracy, Precision, and Trending Ability of Uncalibrated Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis of Cardiac Output in Patients With Impaired Left Ventricular Function: A Prospective, Observational Study. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016;30:115-21 pubmed publisher..Polar concordance atÂ±30Â° was 50%. Arterial waveform analysis of cardiac output and pulmonary artery thermodilution cardiac output were not interchangeable in patients with impaired left ventricular function. ..
- de Groot Kamphuis D, van Dijk P, Groenier K, Houweling S, Bilo H, Kleefstra N. Vitamin B12 deficiency and the lack of its consequences in type 2 diabetes patients using metformin. Neth J Med. 2013;71:386-90 pubmed..Among patients with type 2 diabetes using metformin, the prevalence of vitamin B12 deficiency is higher than compared with patients not using metformin. However, metformin use did not predict the chance of having anaemia or neuropathy. ..
- Meulendijks D, Beerepoot L, Boot H, de Groot J, Los M, Boers J, et al. Trastuzumab and bevacizumab combined with docetaxel, oxaliplatin and capecitabine as first-line treatment of advanced HER2-positive gastric cancer: a multicenter phase II study. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:119-28 pubmed publisher..B-DOCT is a safe and active combination in HER2-positive GC, supporting further investigations of DOC with HER2/vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibition in HER2-positive GC. ..
- Musters G, Atema J, van Westreenen H, Buskens C, Bemelman W, Tanis P. Ileostomy closure by colorectal surgeons results in less major morbidity: results from an institutional change in practice and awareness. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016;31:661-7 pubmed publisher..Ileostomy closure appears to be more complex surgery then generally considered, especially end-ileostomy closure. Postoperative outcome could be significantly improved by a change in surgical practice. ..
- Ettema H. [A multidisciplinary approach for the optimal treatment of problem behaviour in dementia]. Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;47:124-8 pubmed publisher..Those involved in caring for this patient initiated changes that led to a more adequate treatment and ultimately a decrease in the problematic behaviour. ..
- de Boer Wilzing V, Bolt A, Geertzen J, Emmelot C, Baars E, Dijkstra P. Variation in results of volume measurements of stumps of lower-limb amputees: a comparison of 4 methods. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92:941-6 pubmed publisher..Repeatability coefficient was lowest for the CAD hand scanner, which indicates the best reliability. Substantial differences existed in stump volumes measured between the 4 methods. ..
- de Groot E, Nijkamp A, Duiverman E, Brand P. Allergic rhinitis is associated with poor asthma control in children with asthma. Thorax. 2012;67:582-7 pubmed publisher..The authors hypothesise that recognition and treatment of this condition with nasal corticosteroids may improve asthma control in children, but randomised clinical trials are needed to test this hypothesis. ..
- Gal P, Parlak E, Schellings D, Beukema R, ten Berg J, Adiyaman A, et al. Association of serial high sensitivity troponin T with onset of atrial fibrillation in ST elevation myocardial infarction patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2016;5:33-42 pubmed publisher..010) and HsTnT after 24h (odds ratio: 1.012, p=0.017) and after 72 h (odds ratio: 1.035, p<0.001) showed the strongest association with post-infarction AF. Serial HsTnT plasma levels are associated with post-infarction, new-onset AF. ..
- van den Brand I, Castelein R. Total joint arthroplasty and incidence of postoperative bacteriuria with an indwelling catheter or intermittent catheterization with one-dose antibiotic prophylaxis: a prospective randomized trial. J Arthroplasty. 2001;16:850-5 pubmed..018). In this setting with 1-dose antibiotic prophylaxis, intermittent catheterization resulted in a lower incidence of postoperative bacteriuria compared with an indwelling catheter. For men, this difference is significant. ..
- Stekelenburg J, Brugge H, Moll F, Dompeling E. [Malignant struma ovarii]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2008;152:701-4 pubmed..The patient had a low risk of disease progression (T1>1cmN0M0). Management consisted of initial conservative follow-up, which included administration of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) suppression therapy with levothyroxine. ..
- van der Loos M, Mulder P, Hartong E, Blom M, Vergouwen A, de Keyzer H, et al. Efficacy and safety of lamotrigine as add-on treatment to lithium in bipolar depression: a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009;70:223-31 pubmed..3%) receiving placebo (p = .441). Lamotrigine was found effective and safe as add-on treatment to lithium in the acute treatment of bipolar depression. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00224510. ..
- van den Berg J, de Jong G. Why ischemic stroke patients do not receive thrombolytic treatment: results from a general hospital. Acta Neurol Scand. 2009;120:157-60 pubmed publisher..A large proportion of the patients with an ischemic stroke are admitted too late to receive IV thrombolysis. More needs to be done to increase both public and medical awareness of stroke as a treatable emergency. ..
- Bruins M, Verbeek E, Wallinga J, Bruijnesteijn van Coppenraet L, Kuijper E, Bloembergen P. Evaluation of three enzyme immunoassays and a loop-mediated isothermal amplification test for the laboratory diagnosis of Clostridium difficile infection. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;31:3035-9 pubmed publisher..4 % is a point of concern. ..
- Kennedy M, Kaplan E, Hermanides R, Fabris E, Hemradj V, Koopmans P, et al. Clinical outcomes of deferred revascularisation using fractional flow reserve in patients with and without diabetes mellitus. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:100 pubmed publisher..Whether intravascular imaging, additional invasive haemodynamics or stringent risk factor modification may impact on this higher TLF rate remains unknown. ..
- van Vliet M, Van der Heyden J, Diamant M, von Rosenstiel I, Schindhelm R, Aanstoot H, et al. Overweight is highly prevalent in children with type 1 diabetes and associates with cardiometabolic risk. J Pediatr. 2010;156:923-929 pubmed publisher..Hypertension, the metabolic syndrome, and high alanine aminotransferase were significantly more prevalent in overweight/obese compared with normal-weight children with T1DM. ..
- van Hateren K, Kleefstra N, Blanker M, Ubink Veltmaat L, Groenier K, Houweling S, et al. Orthostatic hypotension, diabetes, and falling in older patients: a cross-sectional study. Br J Gen Pract. 2012;62:e696-702 pubmed publisher..21 (95% CI = 4.17 to 16.19), respectively. OH is highly prevalent in home-dwelling older people with and without type 2 diabetes. Those with orthostatic complaints had an increased risk for falling, whereas those with OH were not. ..
- Olde Scholtenhuis M, Cohen Overbeek T, Offringa M, Barth P, Stoutenbeek P, Gooskens R, et al. Audit of prenatal and postnatal diagnosis of isolated open spina bifida in three university hospitals in The Netherlands. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2003;21:48-52 pubmed..To audit the current Dutch policy of prenatal detection of isolated open spina bifida based on offering detailed ultrasound examination only on indication...
- Rasoul S, Ottervanger J, Dambrink J, de Boer M, Hoorntje J, Gosselink A, et al. Are patients with non-ST elevation myocardial infarction undertreated?. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2007;7:8 pubmed..Long-term mortality was also different, but this was due to differences in baseline characteristics and treatment. More aggressive treatment may improve outcome in non-STEMI patients. ..
- Baars E, Dijkstra P, Geertzen J. Skin problems of the stump and hand function in lower limb amputees: A historic cohort study. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2008;32:179-85 pubmed publisher..035). This study shows that impaired hand function poses an increased risk for skin problems in the amputation stump in patients with a lower limb amputation and liner use in their prosthesis. ..
- Meerwaldt R, Slart R, van Dam G, Luijckx G, Tio R, Zeebregts C. PET/SPECT imaging: from carotid vulnerability to brain viability. Eur J Radiol. 2010;74:104-9 pubmed publisher..Prospective clinical studies are needed to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of PET/SPECT. ..
- Logtenberg S, Kleefstra N, Houweling S, Groenier K, Gans R, van Ballegooie E, et al. Improved glycemic control with intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1372-7 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS Although we did not observe a significant reduction in hypoglycemic events, improved glycemic control was achieved with the use of CIPII. We saw a 0.8% decrease in A1C and an 11% increase in the time spent in euglycemia. ..
- van der Loos M, Mulder P, Hartong E, Blom M, Vergouwen A, van Noorden M, et al. Efficacy and safety of two treatment algorithms in bipolar depression consisting of a combination of lithium, lamotrigine or placebo and paroxetine. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2010;122:246-54 pubmed publisher..Further addition of paroxetine in non-responders to lithium plus lamotrigine did not appear to provide additional benefit, while it appeared to do so in non-responders to lithium plus placebo. ..
- Houweling S, Kleefstra N, van Hateren K, Groenier K, Meyboom de Jong B, Bilo H. Can diabetes management be safely transferred to practice nurses in a primary care setting? A randomised controlled trial. J Clin Nurs. 2011;20:1264-72 pubmed publisher..This study shows that diabetes management in primary care can be safely transferred to practice nurses. ..
- van der Meer S, Löwik S, Hirdes W, Nijman R, van der Meer K, Hoekstra Weebers J, et al. Prostate specific antigen testing policy worldwide varies greatly and seems not to be in accordance with guidelines: a systematic review. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13:100 pubmed publisher..Follow-up after a normal or raised PSA test by GPs and non-urologic hospitalists seems to a large extent not in accordance with the guidelines. ..
- Groeneweg J, Ummels A, Mulder M, Bikker H, van der Smagt J, van Mil A, et al. Functional assessment of potential splice site variants in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:2010-7 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of functional assessment of potential splice site variants to improve patient care and facilitate cascade screening. ..
- Hoogerwaard A, de Jong M, Adiyaman A, Smit J, Delnoy P, Heeg J, et al. Renal vascular calcification and response to renal nerve denervation in resistant hypertension. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6611 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary data showed that the extent of renal perivascular calcification is not associated with the ABPM response to RDN in patients with resistant hypertension. ..
- Engbers E, Timmer J, Mouden M, Knollema S, Jager P, Ottervanger J. Prognostic Value of Myocardial Perfusion Imaging with a Cadmium-Zinc-Telluride SPECT Camera in Patients Suspected of Having Coronary Artery Disease. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1459-1463 pubmed publisher..In patients with abnormal SPECT MPI, the extent of abnormality is independently associated with an increased risk of events. ..
- Buijsrogge M, van der Meij S, Korte J, Fritschy W. "Intermittent claudication intermittence" as a manifestation of adventitial cystic disease communicating with the knee joint. Ann Vasc Surg. 2006;20:687-9 pubmed..This unusual observation could shed more light on the debated etiology of the disease. Moreover, it emphasizes the importance of complete excision of the cyst along with the presenting anatomic connection with the knee joint...
- Bosma L, Jansman F, Franken A, Harting J, van den Bemt P. Evaluation of pharmacist clinical interventions in a Dutch hospital setting. Pharm World Sci. 2008;30:31-8 pubmed..Clinical pharmacy services provided by a junior hospital pharmacist on an internal medicine ward contribute to rationalization of drug therapy and are therefore likely to increase medication safety. ..
- Schrier J, Louwerens J, Verheyen C. Opinions on lesser toe deformities among Dutch orthopaedic departments. Foot Ankle Int. 2007;28:1265-70 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to evaluate of the definitions, current concepts, and treatment protocols for lesser toe deformities among orthopaedic departments in The Netherlands...
- Meerwaldt R, Links T, Zeebregts C, Tio R, Hillebrands J, Smit A. The clinical relevance of assessing advanced glycation endproducts accumulation in diabetes. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2008;7:29 pubmed publisher..This review article will focus on the clinical relevance of measuring AGE accumulation in diabetic patients by focusing on AGE formation, AGEs as predictors of long-term complications, and interventions against AGEs. ..
- Nap L, van den Berg J, de Jong G. [Headache after coughing: consider cough headache]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2009;153:A465 pubmed..Additional investigation is required to differentiate between the two. The diagnosis of primary cough headache is supported by a positive reaction to trial treatment with indomethacin. ..
- Struijk Mulder M, Ettema H, Verheyen C, Buller H. Comparing consensus guidelines on thromboprophylaxis in orthopedic surgery. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:678-83 pubmed publisher..g. asymptomatic DVT), it is very difficult to reach a consensus. Thromboprophylaxis guidelines should be reviewed and updated on a regular basis, because the evidence is evolving rapidly. ..
- Hagebeuk E, van den Bossche R, de Weerd A. Respiratory and sleep disorders in female children with atypical Rett syndrome caused by mutations in the CDKL5 gene. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2013;55:480-4 pubmed publisher..Similar to Rett syndrome, in patients with CDKL5 mutations PSG seems warranted to evaluate breathing and sleep disturbances. ..
- Koopman D, van Dalen J, Stigt J, Slump C, Knollema S, Jager P. Current generation time-of-flight (18)F-FDG PET/CT provides higher SUVs for normal adrenal glands, while maintaining an accurate characterization of benign and malignant glands. Ann Nucl Med. 2016;30:145-52 pubmed publisher..Clinical implementation of current generation TOF PET/CT requires not only the use of higher cut-off levels but also visual adaptation by PET readers. ..
- Steunebrink L, Versteeg G, Vonkeman H, ten Klooster P, Kuper H, Zijlstra T, et al. Initial combination therapy versus step-up therapy in treatment to the target of remission in daily clinical practice in early rheumatoid arthritis patients: results from the DREAM registry. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:60 pubmed publisher..At 12Â months, no significant differences remained in mean DAS28 scores or the proportion of patients in remission. ..
- Backes Y, Moons L, van Bergeijk J, Berk L, ter Borg F, ter Borg P, et al. Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) versus endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for resection of large distal non-pedunculated colorectal adenomas (MATILDA-trial): rationale and design of a multicenter randomized clinical trial. BMC Gastroenterol. 2016;16:56 pubmed publisher..If this trial confirms ESD to be favorable on the long-term, the burden of extra colonoscopies and repeated procedures can be prevented for future patients. NCT02657044 (Clinicaltrials.gov), registered January 8, 2016. ..
- Geertman H, van der Starre P, Sie H, Beukema W, van Rooyen Butijn M. Magnesium in addition to sotalol does not influence the incidence of postoperative atrial tachyarrhythmias after coronary artery bypass surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2004;18:309-12 pubmed..Several etiologic factors are mentioned. Prophylactic intervention with sotalol is reported to reduce the incidence of POAT. The authors studied the effect of magnesium chloride (MgCl2) in addition to sotalol in the prevention of POAT...
- Baars E, Geertzen J. Literature review of the possible advantages of silicon liner socket use in trans-tibial prostheses. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2005;29:27-37 pubmed..Further research is needed with the use of objective clinical parameters and a homogenous study group objectively to find advantages in the use of the silicon liner socket in the trans-tibial prosthesis. ..
- Houweling S, Stoopendaal J, Kleefstra N, Meyboom de Jong B, Bilo H. [Use of stairs in a hospital increased by a sign near the stairs or the elevator]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2005;149:2900-3 pubmed..4% during the second intervention. Signs in a diabetes outpatient clinic that either encouraged the use of the stairs or discouraged the use of the elevator increased the patients' use of the stairs. ..
- Oosting Lenstra S, van Marwijk Kooy M. Failure of CHOP with rituximab for lymphomatoid granulomatosis. Neth J Med. 2007;65:442-7 pubmed..A review of the literature regarding aetiology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment options is presented...
- Ettema H, Mulder M, Nurmohamed M, Buller H, Verheyen C. Dutch orthopedic thromboprophylaxis: a 5-year follow-up survey. Acta Orthop. 2009;80:109-12 pubmed publisher..In 5 years, the widely used coumarin derivates have been largely replaced with LMWH. ..
- IJpma F, van de Graaf R, Pierik E, van Gulik T. [A master's exam in surgical training]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2010;154:A795 pubmed..From the perspective of renewed interest in explicit quality standards and examination of surgeons, the reintroduction of a modern master's exam should perhaps be considered. ..
- Logtenberg S, Kleefstra N, Houweling S, Groenier K, Gans R, Bilo H. Health-related quality of life, treatment satisfaction, and costs associated with intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin administration in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:1169-72 pubmed publisher..Apart from improving glycemic control, CIPII improved HRQOL and treatment satisfaction compared with subcutaneous insulin. Direct pump- and procedure-associated costs are considerably higher for CIPII, however. ..
- Broekhuijsen van Henten D, Braun K, Wolfs T. Clinical presentation of childhood neuroborreliosis; neurological examination may be normal. Arch Dis Child. 2010;95:910-4 pubmed publisher..Even in the absence of neurological signs, neuroborreliosis may be suspected in children with typical antecedents and multiple symptoms. Cerebrospinal fluid investigations are then required to confirm the diagnosis. ..
- van der Loos M, Mulder P, Hartong E, Blom M, Vergouwen A, van Noorden M, et al. Long-term outcome of bipolar depressed patients receiving lamotrigine as add-on to lithium with the possibility of the addition of paroxetine in nonresponders: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial with a novel design. Bipolar Disord. 2011;13:111-7 pubmed publisher..In this paper we describe the long-term (68 weeks) outcome of that study...
- Berkhof F, Boom L, Ten Hertog N, Uil S, Kerstjens H, van den Berg J. The validity and precision of the Leicester Cough Questionnaire in COPD patients with chronic cough. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2012;10:4 pubmed publisher..We examined the psychometric performance of the LCQ in patients with COPD and chronic productive cough...
- van Rijssen A, Werker P. Percutaneous needle fasciotomy for recurrent Dupuytren disease. J Hand Surg Am. 2012;37:1820-3 pubmed publisher..However, its effect on recurrent disease is not clear...
- Priester G, Goorhuis Brouwer S. Measuring speech sound development: an item response model approach. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;77:1469-73 pubmed publisher..Our research also underlines that speech sound development is judged not only in an auditory sense, but judgment also depends on the visual interpretation of the listener. ..