Experts and Doctors on aged in Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
Locale: Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
- Ghani A, Delnoy P, Ottervanger J, Ramdat Misier A, Smit J, Adiyaman A, et al. Are changes in the extent of left ventricular dyssynchrony as assessed by speckle tracking associated with response to cardiac resynchronization therapy?. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;32:553-61 pubmed publisher..Changes in the extent of LV dyssynchrony as measured by speckle tracking after CRT are independently associated with response to CRT. ..
- Boekhout A, Gietema J, Milojkovic Kerklaan B, van Werkhoven E, Altena R, Honkoop A, et al. Angiotensin II-Receptor Inhibition With Candesartan to Prevent Trastuzumab-Related Cardiotoxic Effects in Patients With Early Breast Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2016;2:1030-7 pubmed publisher..The ERBB2 germline Ala1170Pro single nucleotide polymorphism may be used to identify patients who are at increased risk of trastuzumab-related cardiotoxic effects. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00459771. ..
- Yokota S, Mouden M, Ottervanger J, Engbers E, Knollema S, Timmer J, et al. Prognostic value of normal stress-only myocardial perfusion imaging: a comparison between conventional and CZT-based SPECT. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:296-301 pubmed publisher..61, 95 % confidence interval 0.35-1.04, pâ€‰=â€‰0.07). The prognostic value of normal stress-only CZT SPECT is at least comparable and may be even better than that of normal conventional stress SPECT. ..
- Delnoy P, Ottervanger J, Luttikhuis H, Elvan A, Misier A, Beukema W, et al. Long-term clinical response of cardiac resynchronization after chronic right ventricular pacing. Am J Cardiol. 2009;104:116-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, comparable clinical and echocardiographic improvement was seen when resynchronization therapy was applied in patients with preceding chronic RV pacing compared with patients with a native LBBB. ..
- Montalescot G, Van t Hof A, Bolognese L, Cantor W, Cequier A, Chettibi M, et al. Effect of Pre-Hospital Ticagrelor During the First 24 h After Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: The ATLANTIC-HÂ²â´ Analysis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:646-56 pubmed publisher..Administration of Ticagrelor in the cath Lab or in the Ambulance for New ST elevation myocardial infarction to open the Coronary artery [ATLANTIC, NCT01347580]). ..
- Ahmed Ali U, Issa Y, Hagenaars J, Bakker O, van Goor H, Nieuwenhuijs V, et al. Risk of Recurrent Pancreatitis and Progression to Chronic Pancreatitis After a First Episode of Acute Pancreatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:738-46 pubmed publisher..Smoking is the predominant risk factor for recurrent disease, whereas the combination of alcohol abuse and smoking produces the highest cumulative risk for chronic pancreatitis. ..
- Kilic S, van T Hof A, Ten Berg J, Lopez A, Zeymer U, Hamon M, et al. Frequency and prognostic significance of access site and non-access site bleeding and impact of choice of antithrombin therapy in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention. The EUROMAX trial. Int J Cardiol. 2016;211:119-23 pubmed publisher..Access site bleeds were not associated with an excess in 30day mortality, but the rest of the bleeds were. Bivalirudin is associated with a lower risk of bleeding irrespective of origin. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT01087723. ..
- de Groot Kamphuis D, van Dijk P, Groenier K, Houweling S, Bilo H, Kleefstra N. Vitamin B12 deficiency and the lack of its consequences in type 2 diabetes patients using metformin. Neth J Med. 2013;71:386-90 pubmed..Among patients with type 2 diabetes using metformin, the prevalence of vitamin B12 deficiency is higher than compared with patients not using metformin. However, metformin use did not predict the chance of having anaemia or neuropathy. ..
- Lam S, Nota N, Jager A, Bos M, van den Bosch J, van der Velden A, et al. Angiogenesis- and Hypoxia-Associated Proteins as Early Indicators of the Outcome in Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer Given First-Line Bevacizumab-Based Therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1611-20 pubmed publisher..Changes in IL8 or sVEGFR2 levels at second cycle appear predictive for response. Changes in CA9 levels during bevacizumab-based therapy for prediction of PFS and OS merit further study. ..
- Burbach J, Kleijnen J, Reerink O, Seravalli E, Philippens M, Schakel T, et al. Inter-observer agreement of MRI-based tumor delineation for preoperative radiotherapy boost in locally advanced rectal cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:399-407 pubmed publisher..Study strengths were DWI adaptation to exclude geometrical distortions and training-set. DWI shows great potential for delineation purposes as long as sufficient experience exists and geometrical distortions are eliminated. ..
- Meulendijks D, Beerepoot L, Boot H, de Groot J, Los M, Boers J, et al. Trastuzumab and bevacizumab combined with docetaxel, oxaliplatin and capecitabine as first-line treatment of advanced HER2-positive gastric cancer: a multicenter phase II study. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:119-28 pubmed publisher..B-DOCT is a safe and active combination in HER2-positive GC, supporting further investigations of DOC with HER2/vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibition in HER2-positive GC. ..
- van Giessen A, De Wit G, Smit H, Den Ruijter H, Nierich A, Jansen Klomp W, et al. Patient selection for cardiac surgery: Time to consider subgroups within risk categories?. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:1103-8 pubmed publisher..Discussions on allocation of cardiac surgery patients to different interventions may benefit from focusing on such specific subgroups. ..
- Ettema H. [A multidisciplinary approach for the optimal treatment of problem behaviour in dementia]. Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;47:124-8 pubmed publisher..Those involved in caring for this patient initiated changes that led to a more adequate treatment and ultimately a decrease in the problematic behaviour. ..
- Montenij L, Sonneveld J, Nierich A, Buhre W, De Waal E. Accuracy, Precision, and Trending Ability of Uncalibrated Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis of Cardiac Output in Patients With Impaired Left Ventricular Function: A Prospective, Observational Study. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016;30:115-21 pubmed publisher..Polar concordance atÂ±30Â° was 50%. Arterial waveform analysis of cardiac output and pulmonary artery thermodilution cardiac output were not interchangeable in patients with impaired left ventricular function. ..
- Fabris E, Kilic S, Schellings D, ten Berg J, Kennedy M, van Houwelingen K, et al. Long-term mortality and prehospital tirofiban treatment in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction. Heart. 2017;103:1515-1520 pubmed publisher..This finding should be confirmed in other studies. ISRCTN06195297. ..
- de Boer M, Ottervanger J, Suryapranata H, Hoorntje J, Dambrink J, Gosselink A, et al. Old age and outcome after primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010;58:867-72 pubmed publisher..Patients aged 65 and older had a higher risk of mortality than younger patients, and those aged 75 and older had the highest risk of mortality. ..
- Dambrink J, Debrauwere J, van T Hof A, Ottervanger J, Gosselink A, Hoorntje J, et al. Non-culprit lesions detected during primary PCI: treat invasively or follow the guidelines?. EuroIntervention. 2010;5:968-75 pubmed publisher..22%, p=0.929). An invasive strategy towards non-culprit lesions does not lead to an increase in EF or a reduction in MACE. The functional stenosis severity of non-culprit lesions is frequently overestimated. ..
- Suyker W, Borst C. Coronary connector devices: analysis of 1,469 anastomoses in 1,216 patients. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:1828-36 pubmed publisher..Substantial equivalence to 1-year conventional anastomotic patency standards was found for selected anastomotic devices, which holds the promise of expanded applicability. ..
- Steunebrink L, Versteeg G, Vonkeman H, ten Klooster P, Kuper H, Zijlstra T, et al. Initial combination therapy versus step-up therapy in treatment to the target of remission in daily clinical practice in early rheumatoid arthritis patients: results from the DREAM registry. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:60 pubmed publisher..At 12Â months, no significant differences remained in mean DAS28 scores or the proportion of patients in remission. ..
- Goosen J, Kums A, Kollen B, Verheyen C. Porous-coated femoral components with or without hydroxyapatite in primary uncemented total hip arthroplasty: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2009;129:1165-9 pubmed publisher..74) in the surface area of the prosthesis. This meta-analysis demonstrates neither clinical nor radiologic benefits on the application of a hydroxyapatite coating on a femoral component in uncemented primary total hip arthroplasty. ..
- Oosting Lenstra S, van Marwijk Kooy M. Failure of CHOP with rituximab for lymphomatoid granulomatosis. Neth J Med. 2007;65:442-7 pubmed..A review of the literature regarding aetiology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment options is presented...
- Logtenberg S, Kleefstra N, Houweling S, Groenier K, Gans R, van Ballegooie E, et al. Improved glycemic control with intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1372-7 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS Although we did not observe a significant reduction in hypoglycemic events, improved glycemic control was achieved with the use of CIPII. We saw a 0.8% decrease in A1C and an 11% increase in the time spent in euglycemia. ..
- Groeneweg J, Ummels A, Mulder M, Bikker H, van der Smagt J, van Mil A, et al. Functional assessment of potential splice site variants in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:2010-7 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of functional assessment of potential splice site variants to improve patient care and facilitate cascade screening. ..
- Koopman D, van Dalen J, Stigt J, Slump C, Knollema S, Jager P. Current generation time-of-flight (18)F-FDG PET/CT provides higher SUVs for normal adrenal glands, while maintaining an accurate characterization of benign and malignant glands. Ann Nucl Med. 2016;30:145-52 pubmed publisher..Clinical implementation of current generation TOF PET/CT requires not only the use of higher cut-off levels but also visual adaptation by PET readers. ..
- van Hateren K, Landman G, Kleefstra N, Groenier K, Kamper A, Houweling S, et al. Lower blood pressure associated with higher mortality in elderly diabetic patients (ZODIAC-12). Age Ageing. 2010;39:603-9 pubmed publisher..In the low age group (60-75 years), no relationship was found between blood pressure and mortality. blood pressure is a marker for mortality in elderly T2DM patients; however, the relationship is inverse. ..
- Houweling S, Kleefstra N, van Hateren K, Groenier K, Meyboom de Jong B, Bilo H. Can diabetes management be safely transferred to practice nurses in a primary care setting? A randomised controlled trial. J Clin Nurs. 2011;20:1264-72 pubmed publisher..This study shows that diabetes management in primary care can be safely transferred to practice nurses. ..
- Bilecen S, Peelen L, Kalkman C, Spanjersberg A, Moons K, Nierich A. Fibrinogen concentrate therapy in complex cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013;27:12-7 pubmed publisher..This study reports the initial clinical use of fibrinogen concentrate in complex cardiac surgery. A randomized clinical trial has been initiated to investigate the hemostatic role of fibrinogen concentrate in cardiac surgery. ..
- Stigt J, Boers J, Groen H. Analysis of "dry" mesothelioma with ultrasound guided biopsies. Lung Cancer. 2012;78:229-33 pubmed publisher..Diagnosing patients with pleural thickenings suspect for malignant mesothelioma without pleural effusion or with loculated pleural effusion is effective and safe with ultrasound-guided cutting needle biopsies. ..
- Kruse R, Doomernik D, Maltha K, Kooloos J, Kozicz T, Reijnen M. Collateral artery pathways of the femoral and popliteal artery. J Surg Res. 2017;211:45-52 pubmed publisher..The majority of collaterals originate from the DFA, and the greater part of all collaterals has a connection with the H3-P1 segment. This observation may have clinical implications in the planning of endovascular procedures. ..
- Rasoul S, Ottervanger J, Dambrink J, de Boer M, Hoorntje J, Gosselink A, et al. Are patients with non-ST elevation myocardial infarction undertreated?. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2007;7:8 pubmed..Long-term mortality was also different, but this was due to differences in baseline characteristics and treatment. More aggressive treatment may improve outcome in non-STEMI patients. ..
- Nap L, van den Berg J, de Jong G. [Headache after coughing: consider cough headache]. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2009;153:A465 pubmed..Additional investigation is required to differentiate between the two. The diagnosis of primary cough headache is supported by a positive reaction to trial treatment with indomethacin. ..
- Reddy V, Miller M, Neuzil P, Søgaard P, Butter C, Seifert M, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy With Wireless Left Ventricular Endocardial Pacing: The SELECT-LV Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2119-2129 pubmed publisher..Safety and Performance of Electrodes Implanted in the Left Ventricle [SELECT-LV]; NCT01905670). ..
- de Rooij T, Tol J, van Eijck C, Boerma D, Bonsing B, Bosscha K, et al. Outcomes of Distal Pancreatectomy for Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma in the Netherlands: A Nationwide Retrospective Analysis. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:585-91 pubmed publisher..Further studies should assess to what extent prevention of surgical complications and more extensive use of adjuvant chemotherapy can improve survival. ..
- Van Dijk J, Jager P, Ottervanger J, de Boer J, Oostdijk A, Engbers E, et al. Development and validation of a patient-tailored dose regime in myocardial perfusion imaging using conventional SPECT. J Nucl Cardiol. 2016;23:134-42 pubmed publisher..The results are most likely independent of the type of SPECT camera used, and, hence, adoption of patient-specific dose and scan time protocols is recommended. ..
- Baars E, Dijkstra P, Geertzen J. Skin problems of the stump and hand function in lower limb amputees: A historic cohort study. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2008;32:179-85 pubmed publisher..035). This study shows that impaired hand function poses an increased risk for skin problems in the amputation stump in patients with a lower limb amputation and liner use in their prosthesis. ..
- Steunebrink L, Vonkeman H, ten Klooster P, Hoekstra M, van Riel P, van de Laar M. Recently diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis patients benefit from a treat-to-target strategy: results from the DREAM registry. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:609-15 pubmed publisher..Combined with the absence of baseline predictors of remission, this suggests that clinicians in daily clinical practice may focus on DAS28 scores only, without needing to take other patients characteristics into account. ..
- Bosma L, Jansman F, Franken A, Harting J, van den Bemt P. Evaluation of pharmacist clinical interventions in a Dutch hospital setting. Pharm World Sci. 2008;30:31-8 pubmed..Clinical pharmacy services provided by a junior hospital pharmacist on an internal medicine ward contribute to rationalization of drug therapy and are therefore likely to increase medication safety. ..
- Berkhof F, Doornewaard ten Hertog N, Uil S, Kerstjens H, van den Berg J. Azithromycin and cough-specific health status in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic cough: a randomised controlled trial. Respir Res. 2013;14:125 pubmed publisher..Their effects on health status has not been assessed as primary outcome and is less clear. This study assessed the effects of prophylactic azithromycin on cough-specific health status in COPD-patients with chronic productive cough...