Experts and Doctors on young adult in Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
Locale: Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
Topic: young adult
- Van Loo I, Dukers Muijrers N, Heuts R, van der Sande M, Hoebe C. Screening for HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis on dried blood spots: A promising method to better reach hidden high-risk populations with self-collected sampling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186722 pubmed publisher..The aims of this study were to assess the acceptability and feasibility of self-collected DBS and to compare the test results for screening of HIV, HBV and syphilis from DBS with blood drawn by venous puncture...
- Dewitte M, De Schryver M, Heider N, De Houwer J. The Actual and Ideal Sexual Self Concept in the Context of Genital Pain Using Implicit and Explicit Measures. J Sex Med. 2017;14:702-714 pubmed publisher..Dewitte M, De Schryver M, Heider N, De Houwer J. The Actual and Ideal Sexual Self Concept in the Context of Genital Pain Using Implicit and Explicit Measures. J Sex Med 2017;14:702-714. ..
- Chan W, Wong C, Chen E, Ng R, Hung S, Cheung E, et al. Validation of the Chinese Version of the Revised Clinical Interview Schedule: Findings from Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey. East Asian Arch Psychiatry. 2017;27:3-10 pubmed..Its cut-off points for clinically significant symptoms and treatment needs among Chinese are identical to those adopted in the original English version. ..
- van Erven B, Berry G, Cassiman D, Connolly G, Forga M, Gautschi M, et al. Fertility in adult women with classic galactosemia and primary ovarian insufficiency. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:168-174 pubmed publisher..This shifting paradigm carries significant implications for fertility counseling and potential application of fertility preservation techniques. ..
- Dankbaar M, Richters O, Kalkman C, Prins G, Ten Cate O, van Merriënboer J, et al. Comparative effectiveness of a serious game and an e-module to support patient safety knowledge and awareness. BMC Med Educ. 2017;17:30 pubmed publisher..Although serious games are strongly engaging for students and stimulate them to study longer, they do not necessarily result in better performance in patient safety issues. ..
- Celis Morales C, Marsaux C, Livingstone K, Navas Carretero S, San Cristobal R, Fallaize R, et al. Can genetic-based advice help you lose weight? Findings from the Food4Me European randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1204-1213 pubmed publisher..048)].Conclusions: There are greater body weight and WC reductions in risk carriers than in nonrisk carriers of the FTO gene. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01530139. ..
- Deng J, Hu J, Tan H, Su G, Cao Q, Huang X, et al. Association of a PDCD1 Polymorphism With Sympathetic Ophthalmia in Han Chinese. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4218-4222 pubmed publisher..56). This study shows that only PDCD1/rs2227981 contributes to the genetic susceptibility of SO, and that the other 23 susceptibility loci of VKH disease are probably not involved in the pathogenesis of this disease. ..
- Kauhl B, Heil J, Hoebe C, Schweikart J, Krafft T, Dukers Muijrers N. Is the current pertussis incidence only the results of testing? A spatial and space-time analysis of pertussis surveillance data using cluster detection methods and geographically weighted regression modelling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172383 pubmed publisher..More testing would thus not necessarily improve pertussis control. Detecting outbreaks using space-time cluster detection is feasible but needs to adjust for the strong impact of testing on the detection of pertussis cases. ..
- Gadeikis D, Bos N, Schweizer S, Murphy F, Dunn B. Engaging in an experiential processing mode increases positive emotional response during recall of pleasant autobiographical memories. Behav Res Ther. 2017;92:68-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that engaging in experiential processing is an effective way to up-regulate positive emotion experience during positive memory recall. ..
- Goorts B, van Nijnatten T, de Munck L, Moossdorff M, Heuts E, de Boer M, et al. Clinical tumor stage is the most important predictor of pathological complete response rate after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017;163:83-91 pubmed publisher..Patients with cT2-4 tumors achieving pCR have higher OS and DFS compared to patients not achieving pCR. ..