Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Locale: Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Publications757 found, 100 shown here
- Ramakers B, Riksen N, Stal T, Heemskerk S, van den Broek P, Peters W, et al. Dipyridamole augments the antiinflammatory response during human endotoxemia. Crit Care. 2011;15:R289 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials (NCT): NCT01091571. ..
- Oude Lashof A, Sobel J, Ruhnke M, Pappas P, Viscoli C, Schlamm H, et al. Safety and tolerability of voriconazole in patients with baseline renal insufficiency and candidemia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:3133-7 pubmed publisher..Intravenous voriconazole formulated with SBECD was effective in patients with moderate or severe renal insufficiency and candidemia and was associated with less acute renal toxicity than amphotericin B/fluconazole. ..
- van Haren I, Timmerman H, Potting C, Blijlevens N, Staal J, Nijhuis van der Sanden M. Physical exercise for patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials. Phys Ther. 2013;93:514-28 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that recipients of HSCT may benefit from physical exercise. ..
- Terwisscha van Scheltinga J, Krabbendam I, Spaanderman M. Differentiating between gestational and chronic hypertension; an explorative study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013;92:312-7 pubmed publisher..Differentiating between chronic or gestational hypertension does not seem to help in establishing the risk for later hypertensive sequelae or intra-uterine growth restriction. ..
- Peters H, Laarakkers C, Pickkers P, Masereeuw R, Boerman O, Eek A, et al. Tubular reabsorption and local production of urine hepcidin-25. BMC Nephrol. 2013;14:70 pubmed publisher..Hepcidin-25 is reabsorbed by the renal tubules and increased urine hepcidin-25 levels may reflect a reduction in tubular uptake. Uncoupling of FE of hepcidin-25 and ?(2)m in cardiac surgery patients suggests local production. ..
- Mulckhuyse M, Dalmaijer E. Distracted by danger: Temporal and spatial dynamics of visual selection in the presence of threat. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2016;16:315-24 pubmed publisher..The current findings are interpreted in terms of a neurobiological model of saccade programming. ..
- Okkersen K, Monckton D, Le N, Tuladhar A, Raaphorst J, van Engelen B. Brain imaging in myotonic dystrophy type 1: A systematic review. Neurology. 2017;89:960-969 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies evaluating spatiotemporal imaging changes are essential. ..
- van Kempen L, Meier F, Egeblad M, Kersten Niessen M, Garbe C, Weidle U, et al. Truncation of activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule: a gateway to melanoma metastasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:1293-301 pubmed..ALCAM induction could, thus, provide an attractive target for proteolysis as a part of a more complex cellular program that couples growth and migration and facilitates dissemination. ..
- Gellekink H, Blom H, van der Linden I, den Heijer M. Molecular genetic analysis of the human dihydrofolate reductase gene: relation with plasma total homocysteine, serum and red blood cell folate levels. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:103-9 pubmed..The 19-bp del/del genotype was associated with a lower plasma tHcy (-14.4% [95% confidence interval: -23.5 to -4.5], P=0.006) compared with the wild-type genotype. This may suggest that intracellular folate levels are affected. ..
- Bovenschen H, van de Kerkhof P, van Erp P, Woestenenk R, Joosten I, Koenen H. Foxp3+ regulatory T cells of psoriasis patients easily differentiate into IL-17A-producing cells and are found in lesional skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:1853-60 pubmed publisher..These data stress the clinical relevance of Treg differentiation for the perpetuation of chronic inflammatory disease and may pave novel ways for immunotherapy. ..
- Nonkes L, van Bussel I, Verheij M, Homberg J. The interplay between brain 5-hydroxytryptamine levels and cocaine addiction. Behav Pharmacol. 2011;22:723-38 pubmed publisher..In addition, 5-HT mediates, to some extent, the aversive effects of cocaine. Difficulties with data interpretation are discussed. ..
- Delsing C, Warris A, Bleeker Rovers C. Q fever: still more queries than answers. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2011;719:133-43 pubmed publisher..Doxycycline is the treatment of choice for acute infection. An alternative for young children and pregnant women is cotrimoxazole. Chronic infection requires long term treatment usually with doxycycline combined with hydroxychloroquine...
- de Weerth C, Fuentes S, Puylaert P, de Vos W. Intestinal microbiota of infants with colic: development and specific signatures. Pediatrics. 2013;131:e550-8 pubmed publisher..To provide a comprehensive analysis of the fecal microbiota in infants with colic, as compared with control infants, during their first 100 days of life...
- ter Huurne N, Lozano Soldevilla D, Onnink M, Kan C, Buitelaar J, Jensen O. Diminished modulation of preparatory sensorimotor mu rhythm predicts attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder severity. Psychol Med. 2017;47:1947-1956 pubmed publisher..This could explain disruptive motor activity in ADHD. These results provide further evidence that impaired modulation of Î± band oscillations is involved in the pathogenesis of ADHD. ..
- Meij I, Saar K, van den Heuvel L, Nuernberg G, Vollmer M, Hildebrandt F, et al. Hereditary isolated renal magnesium loss maps to chromosome 11q23. Am J Hum Genet. 1999;64:180-8 pubmed..We conclude that this region encompasses a gene, involved in renal magnesium handling, that is mutated in our patients and is different from the gene involved in intestinal magnesium handling. ..
- Meis J, Verweij P. Current management of fungal infections. Drugs. 2001;61 Suppl 1:13-25 pubmed..The high acquisition costs of the lipid-associated formulations of amphotericin-B have limited their use. ..
- Marr N, Bichet D, Hoefs S, Savelkoul P, Konings I, de Mattia F, et al. Cell-biologic and functional analyses of five new Aquaporin-2 missense mutations that cause recessive nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:2267-77 pubmed..In addition, the reduced single channel water permeability of AQP2-A47V (40%) and AQP2-T125M (25%) might become of therapeutic value when chemical chaperones can be found that restore their routing to the plasma membrane. ..
- Vlems F, Diepstra J, Punt C, Ligtenberg M, Cornelissen I, van Krieken J, et al. Detection of disseminated tumour cells in blood and bone marrow samples of patients undergoing hepatic resection for metastasis of colorectal cancer. Br J Surg. 2003;90:989-95 pubmed..The results strongly suggest that the presence of circulating tumour cells in peripheral blood may reflect transient shedding of tumour cells related to large tumour volume. ..
- van der Heijden A, Verhaegh G, Jansen C, Schalken J, Witjes J. Effect of hyperthermia on the cytotoxicity of 4 chemotherapeutic agents currently used for the treatment of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: an in vitro study. J Urol. 2005;173:1375-80 pubmed..Hyperthermia alone did not cause decreased cell proliferation. Synergism was most prominent with low drug doses and the most potent drug used in this in vitro study was EO9. ..
- Claahsen van der Grinten H, Sweep F, Blickman J, Hermus A, Otten B. Prevalence of testicular adrenal rest tumours in male children with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency. Eur J Endocrinol. 2007;157:339-44 pubmed..The aim of our study was to determine the presence of TART and their influence on gonadal function in childhood...
- Kamsteeg E, Stoffels M, Tamma G, Konings I, Deen P. Repulsion between Lys258 and upstream arginines explains the missorting of the AQP2 mutant p.Glu258Lys in nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1387-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data reveal that the RRRxxxKL motif and repulsion between K258 and the arginine-triplet within this motif are the primary cause of missorting of AQP2-E258K in NDI. ..
- Jongen P, Sindic C, Carton H, Zwanikken C, Lemmens W, Borm G. Improvement of health-related quality of life in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis patients after 2 years of treatment with intramuscular interferon-beta-1a. J Neurol. 2010;257:584-9 pubmed publisher..In RRMS patients, 2 years of treatment with intramuscular INFb-1a is associated with an increase in HR-QoL, especially in younger patients with low disability...
- Kessels R, Hensken L. Effects of errorless skill learning in people with mild-to-moderate or severe dementia: a randomized controlled pilot study. NeuroRehabilitation. 2009;25:307-12 pubmed publisher..These findings can be extended to the acquisition of tasks that are relevant for everyday-life functioning, having important implications for dementia care. ..
- Mulders S, van Engelen B, Wieringa B, Wansink D. Molecular therapy in myotonic dystrophy: focus on RNA gain-of-function. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:R90-7 pubmed publisher..These developments offer new hope to patients with DM, even though several hurdles still have to be overcome before they can be introduced into clinical practice...
- Kalff K, El Mouedden M, Van Egmond J, Veening J, Joosten L, Scheffer G, et al. Pre-treatment with capsaicin in a rat osteoarthritis model reduces the symptoms of pain and bone damage induced by monosodium iodoacetate. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;641:108-13 pubmed publisher..The present results support the hypothesis that capsaicin-sensitive sensory neurons contribute to bone lesions in the monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritis rat model...
- Mattijssen S, Hinson E, Onnekink C, Hermanns P, Zabel B, Cresswell P, et al. Viperin mRNA is a novel target for the human RNase MRP/RNase P endoribonuclease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:2469-80 pubmed publisher..This is the first study providing direct evidence for the cleavage of a mRNA by RNase MRP/RNase P in human cells. Implications for the involvement in the pathophysiology of CHH are discussed. ..
- Arts R, Joosten L, Dinarello C, Kullberg B, Van der Meer J, Netea M. TREM-1 interaction with the LPS/TLR4 receptor complex. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2011;22:11-4 pubmed publisher..These data are in line with the TLR4-TREM1 co-localization in human neutrophils and suggests that, at least some of the biological effects of TREM-1 may be due to its interaction with the TLR4/LPS-receptor complex. ..
- Muselaers C, Stillebroer A, Desar I, Boers Sonderen M, van Herpen C, de Weijert M, et al. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor sorafenib decreases 111In-girentuximab uptake in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. J Nucl Med. 2014;55:242-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the efficacy of antibody-mediated treatment or diagnosis modalities is hampered by TKI treatment. ..
- Kochunov P, Jahanshad N, Marcus D, Winkler A, Sprooten E, Nichols T, et al. Heritability of fractional anisotropy in human white matter: a comparison of Human Connectome Project and ENIGMA-DTI data. Neuroimage. 2015;111:300-11 pubmed publisher..Uniquely, the measurements of additive genetic contribution performed in this study can be repeated using online genetic analysis tools provided by the HCP ConnectomeDB web application. ..
- Schrans D, Avonts D, Christiaens T, Willems S, de Smet K, van Boven K, et al. The search for person-related information in general practice: a qualitative study. Fam Pract. 2016;33:95-9 pubmed publisher..The PeRI classes we identified might form the basis of a new contextual classification mainly for research purposes. This might help to create evidence of the person-centredness of general practice. ..
- Bongers E, Shelton L, Milatz S, Verkaart S, Bech A, Schoots J, et al. A Novel Hypokalemic-Alkalotic Salt-Losing Tubulopathy in Patients with CLDN10 Mutations. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3118-3128 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that pathogenic CLDN10 mutations affect TAL paracellular ion transport and cause a novel tight junction disease characterized by a non-BS, non-GS autosomal recessive hypokalemic-alkalotic salt-losing phenotype. ..
- Staals R, Bronkhorst A, Schilders G, Slomovic S, Schuster G, Heck A, et al. Dis3-like 1: a novel exoribonuclease associated with the human exosome. EMBO J. 2010;29:2358-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that hDis3L1 is a novel exosome-associated exoribonuclease in the cytoplasm of human cells. ..
- Balemans M, Kasri N, Kopanitsa M, Afinowi N, Ramakers G, Peters T, et al. Hippocampal dysfunction in the Euchromatin histone methyltransferase 1 heterozygous knockout mouse model for Kleefstra syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:852-66 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Ehmt1 haploinsufficiency in mice leads to learning deficits and synaptic dysfunction, providing a possible mechanism for the ID phenotype in patients with KS. ..
- Van den Wijngaard A, Pijpers M, Joosten P, Roelofs J, van Zoelen E, Olijve W. Functional characterization of two promoters in the human bone morphogenetic protein-4 gene. J Bone Miner Res. 1999;14:1432-41 pubmed..Since various human diseases can be linked directly to aberrant expression of BMP genes, the present findings are of great importance in attempts to develop strategies for therapeutic interference with such diseases. ..
- De Leenheer E, Oudesluijs G, Kuijpers Jagtman A, Rappold G, Sengers R, Cremers C. Congenital conductive hearing loss in dyschondrosteosis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2003;112:153-8 pubmed..In our patient, exploratory tympanotomy revealed ankylosis of the stapes and a malformed incus. A substantial gain in hearing threshold was obtained by a stapedectomy in combination with a malleovestibulopexy...
- Doerwald L, van Genesen S, Onnekink C, Marin Vinader L, de Lange F, de Jong W, et al. The effect of alphaB-crystallin and Hsp27 on the availability of translation initiation factors in heat-shocked cells. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:735-43 pubmed
- Ferwerda G, Kramer M, de Jong D, Piccini A, Joosten L, Devesaginer I, et al. Engagement of NOD2 has a dual effect on proIL-1beta mRNA transcription and secretion of bioactive IL-1beta. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:184-91 pubmed..This demonstrates that both caspase-1-dependent and -independent mechanisms are involved in the synergy between NOD2 and TLR. ..
- Krapels I, Raijmakers Eichhorn J, Peters W, Roelofs H, Ras F, Steegers Theunissen R. The I,105V polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase P1, parental smoking and the risk for nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:358-66 pubmed..Although of borderline significance, these results may underline the importance of smoking cessation in the periconception period for the prevention of CL/P in future generations. ..
- Spies P, Melis R, Sjögren M, Rikkert M, Verbeek M. Cerebrospinal fluid alpha-synuclein does not discriminate between dementia disorders. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16:363-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in clinically diagnosed patients, alpha-synuclein does not appear to be a useful biomarker for the differentiation between DLB and other types of dementia...
- Löwik M, Groenen P, Levtchenko E, Monnens L, van den Heuvel L. Molecular genetic analysis of podocyte genes in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis--a review. Eur J Pediatr. 2009;168:1291-304 pubmed publisher..In summary, this review updates the current knowledge of genetic causes of congenital and childhood nephrotic syndrome and provides new insights into mechanisms of glomerular dysfunction. ..
- Hannink J, van Helvoort H, Dekhuijzen P, Heijdra Y. Dynamic hyperinflation during daily activities: does COPD global initiative for chronic obstructive lung disease stage matter?. Chest. 2010;137:1116-21 pubmed publisher..Dynamic hyperinflation occurs independent of GOLD stage during real-life daily activities. The combination of static and dynamic hyperinflation, however, increases with increasing airflow obstruction. ..
- Los E, Deen P, Robben J. Potential of nonpeptide (ant)agonists to rescue vasopressin V2 receptor mutants for the treatment of X-linked nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:393-9 pubmed publisher..This makes V2R-specific cell-permeable agonists very promising therapeutics for NDI as a result of misfolded V2R receptors...
- Pasker de Jong P, Zielhuis G, van Gelder M, Pellegrino A, Gabreëls F, Eskes T. Antihypertensive treatment during pregnancy and functional development at primary school age in a historical cohort study. BJOG. 2010;117:1080-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies with appropriate sample sizes are warranted to determine the long-term effects of antihypertensive medications. ..
- Heins M, Knoop H, Prins J, Stulemeijer M, Van der Meer J, Bleijenberg G. Possible detrimental effects of cognitive behaviour therapy for chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychother Psychosom. 2010;79:249-56 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to examine the frequency and severity of symptom deterioration during CBT for CFS...
- Bodar E, Simon A, Van der Meer J. Effects of the histone deacetylase inhibitor ITF2357 in autoinflammatory syndromes. Mol Med. 2011;17:363-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ITF2357 monotherapy was able to induce partial response only in patients with Schnitzler syndrome and no response in patients with HIDS. ..
- Tsai J, Knoblich G, Sebanz N. On the inclusion of externally controlled actions in action planning. J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform. 2011;37:1407-19 pubmed publisher..Implications of these findings for theories of perception-action links and object processing are discussed. ..
- Geurts S, de Vegt F, van Altena A, Tjan Heijnen V, Massuger L, Adang E, et al. Impact of routine follow-up examinations on life expectancy in ovarian cancer patients: a simulation study. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:1150-7 pubmed publisher..Routine follow-up in ovarian cancer patients is not expected to improve the life expectancy. The timing of detection of recurrent ovarian cancer is immaterial until markedly improved treatment options become available. ..
- Costessi A, Mahrour N, Sharma V, Stunnenberg R, Stoel M, Tijchon E, et al. The human EKC/KEOPS complex is recruited to Cullin2 ubiquitin ligases by the human tumour antigen PRAME. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42822 pubmed publisher..Moreover, EKC subunits associate with PRAME target sites on chromatin. Our data reveal a novel link between the oncoprotein PRAME and the conserved EKC complex and support a role for both complexes in the same pathways. ..
- Ten Broek R, Strik C, Issa Y, Bleichrodt R, van Goor H. Adhesiolysis-related morbidity in abdominal surgery. Ann Surg. 2013;258:98-106 pubmed publisher..To determine the incidence of bowel injury in operations requiring adhesiolysis and to assess the impact of adhesiolysis on the incidence of surgical complications, postoperative morbidity, and costs...
- Gielissen M, Prins J, Knoop H, Verhagen S, Bleijenberg G. Pictorial Representation of Self and Illness Measure (PRISM): a graphic instrument to assess suffering in fatigued cancer survivors. Psychol Assess. 2013;25:658-63 pubmed publisher..No change of SIS-cancer was found. The PRISM seems to be a valuable tool in fatigue research and clinical practice. ..
- Willemsen M, Nijhof B, Fenckova M, Nillesen W, Bongers E, Castells Nobau A, et al. GATAD2B loss-of-function mutations cause a recognisable syndrome with intellectual disability and are associated with learning deficits and synaptic undergrowth in Drosophila. J Med Genet. 2013;50:507-14 pubmed publisher..Our results in Drosophila suggest that GATAD2B is required directly in neurones for normal cognitive performance and synapse development. ..
- Tarantini G, Brener S, Barioli A, Gratta A, Parodi G, Rossini R, et al. Impact of baseline hemorrhagic risk on the benefit of bivalirudin versus unfractionated heparin in patients treated with coronary angioplasty: a meta-regression analysis of randomized trials. Am Heart J. 2014;167:401-412.e6 pubmed publisher..Bivalirudin reduced major and minor bleeding across the entire bleeding risk spectrum. Bivalirudin significantly reduces major and minor bleeding regardless of the estimated baseline hemorrhagic risk. ..
- Schepens M, Lutomski J, Bruce I, Olde Rikkert M, Lawlor B. Reliability and Validity of the International Dementia Alliance Schedule for the Assessment and Staging of Care in Ireland. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2016;24:297-300 pubmed publisher..56). This study confirmed that the IDEAL schedule is a valid and reliable instrument in the Irish population and further supports the international use of the IDEAL schedule. ..
- Porter J, de Witte T, Cappellini M, Gattermann N. New insights into transfusion-related iron toxicity: Implications for the oncologist. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;99:261-71 pubmed publisher..Knowledge gained from managing transfusional iron overload in inherited anemias may be translated to general oncology, with potential for improved patient outcomes. ..
- Bartels D, van Laarhoven A, Stroo M, Hijne K, Peerdeman K, Donders A, et al. Minimizing nocebo effects by conditioning with verbal suggestion: A randomized clinical trial in healthy humans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182959 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study indicate that learning via counterconditioning and verbal suggestion represents a promising strategy for diminishing nocebo responses. ..
- Sinke R, de Leeuw B, Janssen H, Weghuis D, Suijkerbuijk R, Meloni A, et al. Localization of X chromosome short arm markers relative to synovial sarcoma- and renal adenocarcinoma-associated translocation breakpoints. Hum Genet. 1993;92:305-8 pubmed..In addition, our current breakpoint analysis has resulted in a revision of the regional localization of the proximal Xp marker DXS226. ..
- Knoers N, Bongers E, van Beersum S, Lommen E, van Bokhoven H, Hol F. Nail-patella syndrome: identification of mutations in the LMX1B gene in Dutch families. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:1762-6 pubmed..In addition, evidence of a correlation between other characteristics of the NPS phenotype and specific mutations has not been found...
- Figdor C. Molecular characterization of dendritic cells operating at the interface of innate or acquired immunity. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2003;51:61-3 pubmed..ALCAM is linked to the cytoskeleton and might play a role in DC migration. Measurements of cell/cell contacts at single molecular levels using optical traps is a useful tool to investigate intercellular interactions. ..
- Jongerius P, van Hulst K, van den Hoogen F, Rotteveel J. The treatment of posterior drooling by botulinum toxin in a child with cerebral palsy. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005;41:351-3 pubmed
- Van Cann E, Oyen W, Koole R, Stoelinga P. Bone SPECT reduces the number of unnecessary mandibular resections in patients with squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2006;42:409-14 pubmed..Inclusion of SPECT in the preoperative assessment of these patients will lead to a considerable reduction of unnecessary mandibular resections...
- Bovenschen H, Kop E, van de Kerkhof P, Seyger M. Etanercept-induced lichenoid reaction pattern in psoriasis. J Dermatolog Treat. 2006;17:381-3 pubmed..Discontinuation of the drug resulted in a slow regression of the eruption. It is important to realize that a lichenoid reaction pattern may occur during anti-TNFalpha agent treatment. ..
- Hoevenaren I, Wester R, Schrier R, McFann K, Doctor R, Drenth J, et al. Polycystic liver: clinical characteristics of patients with isolated polycystic liver disease compared with patients with polycystic liver and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Liver Int. 2008;28:264-70 pubmed..The goal of this study was to compare the clinical features of patients with isolated polycystic liver disease (PCLD) with those of patients with polycystic liver and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD)...
- Deunk J, Brink M, Dekker H, Kool D, van Kuijk C, Blickman J, et al. Routine versus selective computed tomography of the abdomen, pelvis, and lumbar spine in blunt trauma: a prospective evaluation. J Trauma. 2009;66:1108-17 pubmed publisher..Compared with an algorithm with selective CT, an algorithm with routine CT finds substantially more clinically relevant diagnoses, even in patients with unsuspicious clinical examination, normal CR, and normal AUS. ..
- van den Boogaard J, Lyimo R, Irongo C, Boeree M, Schaalma H, Aarnoutse R, et al. Community vs. facility-based directly observed treatment for tuberculosis in Tanzania's Kilimanjaro Region. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2009;13:1524-9 pubmed..Treatment success rates were higher in patients who opted for community DOT than in patients who chose facility-based DOT (all cases), and were similar in smear-positive pulmonary TB patients under community or facility-based DOT. ..
- Overeem S, van Nues S, van der Zande W, Donjacour C, van Mierlo P, Lammers G. The clinical features of cataplexy: a questionnaire study in narcolepsy patients with and without hypocretin-1 deficiency. Sleep Med. 2011;12:12-8 pubmed publisher..However, the current definition of cataplexy is not very precise and the common distinction between "typical" and "atypical" cataplexy is not well codified...
- Boogaarts H, Decq P, Grotenhuis J, Le Guerinel C, Nseir R, Jarraya B, et al. Long-term results of the neuroendoscopic management of colloid cysts of the third ventricle: a series of 90 cases. Neurosurgery. 2011;68:179-87 pubmed publisher..However, results have been improving over the years. Moreover, the modifications observed on control magnetic resonance images justify the need for regular control imaging for at least the first 2 years postoperatively. ..
- Jesse A, McQueen J. Positional effects in the lexical retuning of speech perception. Psychon Bull Rev. 2011;18:943-50 pubmed publisher..Under these conditions, however, lexically guided retuning was position independent: It generalized across syllabic positions. Lexical retuning can thus benefit future recognition of particular sounds wherever they appear in words. ..
- de Zeeuw S, Ahmed Ali U, van der Kolk M, van Laarhoven K. Ileal pouch anal anastomosis with close rectal dissection using automated vessel sealers for ulcerative colitis: a promising alternative. Dig Surg. 2011;28:345-51 pubmed publisher..The anorectal physiology supported the good functional results. The preliminary results of the close rectal pouch procedure are promising, with good functional results and a low complication rate after 1 year. ..
- Huibers L, Smits M, Renaud V, Giesen P, Wensing M. Safety of telephone triage in out-of-hours care: a systematic review. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2011;29:198-209 pubmed publisher..There is room for improvement in safety of telephone triage in patients who present symptoms that are high risk. As these have a low incidence, recognition of these calls poses a challenge to health care providers in daily practice. ..
- Smeenk R, Hoffmann A, Hopman W, van Lin E, Kaanders J. Dose-effect relationships for individual pelvic floor muscles and anorectal complaints after prostate radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83:636-44 pubmed publisher..To delineate the individual pelvic floor muscles considered to be involved in anorectal toxicity and to investigate dose-effect relationships for fecal incontinence-related complaints after prostate radiotherapy (RT)...
- Blanchet L, Buydens M, Smeitink J, Willems P, Koopman W. Isolated mitochondrial complex I deficiency: explorative data analysis of patient cell parameters. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:4023-33 pubmed..This information not only contributes to our understanding of the pathophysiological mechanism of CI and mitochondrial deficiency but also suggests possible targets for cellular intervention strategies. ..
- Koene S, Rodenburg R, van der Knaap M, Willemsen M, Sperl W, Laugel V, et al. Natural disease course and genotype-phenotype correlations in Complex I deficiency caused by nuclear gene defects: what we learned from 130 cases. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2012;35:737-47 pubmed publisher..No clear genotype-phenotype correlations were observed, however defects in some genes seem to be associated with a better or poorer prognosis, cardiomyopathy, Leigh syndrome or brainstem lesions. ..
- Hesselink G, Schoonhoven L, Barach P, Spijker A, Gademan P, Kalkman C, et al. Improving patient handovers from hospital to primary care: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2012;157:417-28 pubmed publisher..However, given the complexity of interventions and outcome measures, the literature does not permit firm conclusions about which interventions have these effects. The European Union, the Framework Programme of the European Commission. ..
- Van Bon B, Coe B, Bernier R, Green C, Gerdts J, Witherspoon K, et al. Disruptive de novo mutations of DYRK1A lead to a syndromic form of autism and ID. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:126-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that mutations in DYRK1A define a syndromic form of ASD and ID with neurodevelopmental defects consistent with murine and Drosophila knockout models. ..
- Culbreth A, Gold J, Cools R, Barch D. Impaired Activation in Cognitive Control Regions Predicts Reversal Learning in Schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:484-93 pubmed publisher..Such results provide biological targets for further inquiry because researchers attempt to better characterize decision-making neural circuitry in SZ as a means to discover new pathways for interventions. ..
- Iqbal Z, PÃ¼ttmann L, Musante L, Razzaq A, Zahoor M, Hu H, et al. Missense variants in AIMP1 gene are implicated in autosomal recessive intellectual disability without neurodegeneration. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:392-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the clinical spectrum for AIMP1 defects is broader than witnessed so far. ..
- De Marchi T, Timmermans A, Smid M, Look M, Stingl C, Opdam M, et al. Annexin-A1 and caldesmon are associated with resistance to tamoxifen in estrogen receptor positive recurrent breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3098-110 pubmed publisher..We hereby report that ANXA1 and CALD1 proteins are independent markers for tamoxifen therapy outcome and are associated to fast tumor progression. ..
- Dekker A, Seelen M, van Doormaal P, van Rheenen W, Bothof R, van Riessen T, et al. Large-scale screening in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis identifies genetic modifiers in C9orf72 repeat carriers. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;39:220.e9-15 pubmed publisher..001), which is mainly because of the co-occurrence of NIPA1 repeats in 15% of C9orf72 repeat carriers (pÂ =Â 0.006). ..
- van de Glind I, Heinen M, Geense W, Mesters I, Wensing M, Van Achterberg T. Exploring the Range of Lifestyle Interventions Used in Dutch Health Care Practice: A Qualitative Description. Health Promot Pract. 2016;17:235-43 pubmed publisher..Although health care providers use many different interventions, replacing nontested for evidence-based interventions is required. ..
- Frielink Loing A, Koning A, Van Lier R. Distinguishing influences of overt and covert attention in anticipatory attentional target tracking. J Vis. 2017;17:3 pubmed publisher..We conclude that covert attention always anticipates motion when keeping track of moving objects, while overt attention is more flexible and its anticipatory nature depends on the tracking task. ..
- Hoa L, Tuan N, My P, Huong T, Chi N, Hau Thu T, et al. Assessing evidence for avian-to-human transmission of influenza A/H9N2 virus in rural farming communities in northern Vietnam. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:2011-2016 pubmed publisher..5 %) seropositive for A/H5 and 123/1105 (11.1 %) seropositive for A/H9]. ..
- Yntema H, van den Helm B, Kissing J, van Duijnhoven G, Poppelaars F, Chelly J, et al. A novel ribosomal S6-kinase (RSK4; RPS6KA6) is commonly deleted in patients with complex X-linked mental retardation. Genomics. 1999;62:332-43 pubmed..Further mutation analyses in males with X-linked mental retardation must prove that RSK4 is indeed a novel MRX gene. ..
- Sweep C, Geurts Moespot J. EORTC external quality assurance program for ER and PgR measurements: trial 1998/1999. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer. Int J Biol Markers. 2000;15:62-9 pubmed..Such a reduction of between-laboratory CVs is an essential requirement for the use of steroid receptor data in multicentre clinical studies...
- Giesen P, van Lin N, Mokkink H, van den Bosch W, Grol R. General practice cooperatives: long waiting times for home visits due to long distances?. BMC Health Serv Res. 2007;7:19 pubmed..For patients with life-threatening complaints waiting times increase sharply with the distance. ..
- Heesterbeek P, Keijsers N, Wymenga A. Ligament releases do not lead to increased postoperative varus-valgus laxity in flexion and extension: a prospective clinical study in 49 TKR patients. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010;18:187-93 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that the balanced gap technique results in stable knees and that releases can safely be performed to achieve neutral leg alignment without causing postoperative laxity. ..