Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Locale: Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Publications416 found, 100 shown here
- Tostmann A, van den Boogaard J, Semvua H, Kisonga R, Kibiki G, Aarnoutse R, et al. Antituberculosis drug-induced hepatotoxicity is uncommon in Tanzanian hospitalized pulmonary TB patients. Trop Med Int Health. 2010;15:268-72 pubmed publisher..9% (95% CI 0.04-4.3%). It is encouraging to find a lower rate of antituberculosis drug-induced hepatotoxicity than one would expect based on the high prevalence of risk factors such as HIV and hepatitis B. ..
- Fransen J, Popa Diaconu D, Hesselstrand R, Carreira P, Valentini G, Beretta L, et al. Clinical prediction of 5-year survival in systemic sclerosis: validation of a simple prognostic model in EUSTAR centres. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:1788-92 pubmed publisher..A simple prognostic model using three disease factors to predict 5-year survival at diagnosis in SSc showed reasonable performance upon validation in a European multicentre study. ..
- van Gaal J, Flucke U, Roeffen M, de Bont E, Sleijfer S, Mavinkurve Groothuis A, et al. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase aberrations in rhabdomyosarcoma: clinical and prognostic implications. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:308-15 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to investigate anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) protein expression and underlying genetic aberrations in rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS), with special attention to clinical and prognostic implications...
- Boon C, van den Born L, Visser L, Keunen J, Bergen A, Booij J, et al. Autosomal recessive bestrophinopathy: differential diagnosis and treatment options. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:809-20 pubmed publisher..To describe the clinical and genetic characteristics of patients with autosomal recessive bestrophinopathy (ARB)...
- Lammers K, Kluivers K, Vierhout M, Prokop M, Fütterer J. Inter- and intraobserver reliability for diagnosing levator ani changes on magnetic resonance imaging. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013;42:347-52 pubmed publisher..Pubovisceral muscle avulsions and levator hiatus measurements can be assessed with good to excellent reliability on MRI. ..
- Eder S, Labopin M, Arcese W, Or R, Majolino I, Bacigalupo A, et al. Thiotepa-based versus total body irradiation-based myeloablative conditioning prior to allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukaemia in first complete remission: a retrospective analysis from the Acute Leukemia Working Party of the. Eur J Haematol. 2016;96:90-7 pubmed publisher..95) and 61.4% vs. 58% (P = 0.72), respectively. Myeloablative regimens using combinations including thiotepa can provide satisfactory outcomes, but the optimal conditioning remains unclear for the individual patient in this setting. ..
- Bazelmans E, Netea Maier R, Vercoulen J, Tack C. Surprisingly few psychological problems and diabetes-related distress in patients with poor glycaemic control. Neth J Med. 2016;74:16-21 pubmed..It seems that people with diabetes do not see persistent poor glycaemic control as a problem. ..
- Mocking R, Nap T, Westerink A, Assies J, Vaz F, Koeter M, et al. Biological profiling of prospective antidepressant response in major depressive disorder: Associations with (neuro)inflammation, fatty acid metabolism, and amygdala-reactivity. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;79:84-92 pubmed publisher..Future studies in independent samples are needed to replicate and test the clinical applicability of these biological predictors for treatment response to result in a precision/personalized medicine approach for treatment. ..
- Grooten I, Koot M, van der Post J, Bais J, Ris Stalpers C, Naaktgeboren C, et al. Early enteral tube feeding in optimizing treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum: the Maternal and Offspring outcomes after Treatment of HyperEmesis by Refeeding (MOTHER) randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:812-820 pubmed publisher..Many women discontinued tube feeding because of discomfort, suggesting that it is poorly tolerated as an early routine treatment of HG. This trial was registered at www.trialregister.nl as NTR4197. ..
- Krul I, Opstal van Winden A, Aleman B, Janus C, van Eggermond A, De Bruin M, et al. Breast Cancer Risk After Radiation Therapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma: Influence of Gonadal Hormone Exposure. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:843-853 pubmed publisher..HRT does not appear to increase BC risk for HL survivors with therapy-induced early menopause. There are no indications that endogenous and exogenous gonadal hormones affect the radiation dose-response relationship. ..
- Zandbelt M, Wentink J, De Wilde P, van Damme P, van de Putte L, van den Hoogen F. The synergistic value of focus score and IgA% score of sublabial salivary gland biopsy for the accuracy of the diagnosis of Sjögren's syndrome: a 10-year comparison. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2002;41:819-23 pubmed..Additional immunohistological SGT examination provides greater disease sensitivity and specificity than histological SGT examination alone, thereby increasing accuracy of SS diagnosis. ..
- Lievers K, Kluijtmans L, Boers G, Verhoef P, den Heijer M, Trijbels F, et al. Influence of a glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) polymorphism (1561C-->T) on plasma homocysteine, folate and vitamin B(12) levels and its relationship to cardiovascular disease risk. Atherosclerosis. 2002;164:269-73 pubmed
- Stikkelbroeck N, Beerendonk C, Willemsen W, Schreuders Bais C, Feitz W, Rieu P, et al. The long term outcome of feminizing genital surgery for congenital adrenal hyperplasia: anatomical, functional and cosmetic outcomes, psychosexual development, and satisfaction in adult female patients. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003;16:289-96 pubmed
- Abdel Rahman R, Sommer W, Olada E. I recognize your face, but I can't remember your name: a question of expertise?. Q J Exp Psychol A. 2004;57:819-34 pubmed..The experiments indicate that the relative speed of naming and semantic fact retrieval depends on the expertise with the semantic facts to be retrieved. Implications for models of face identification and naming are discussed. ..
- Rongen G, Oyen W, Ramakers B, Riksen N, Boerman O, Steinmetz N, et al. Annexin A5 scintigraphy of forearm as a novel in vivo model of skeletal muscle preconditioning in humans. Circulation. 2005;111:173-8 pubmed..Appropriate control experiments supported our conclusion. Annexin A5 scintigraphy can be applied to test pharmacological or physiological interventions for their ability to prevent ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Roumen Klappe E, den Heijer M, Janssen M, van der Vleuten C, Thien T, Wollersheim H. The post-thrombotic syndrome: incidence and prognostic value of non-invasive venous examinations in a six-year follow-up study. Thromb Haemost. 2005;94:825-30 pubmed..Moreover, measurement of TS, VOR and reflux three months after DVT could predict, with reasonable accuracy, the risk of PTS after one year of follow-up. ..
- van Laarhoven H, Veerkamp M, Pruszczynski M, van Deuren M. A patient with swollen ears and ECG abnormalities. Neth J Med. 2006;64:130, 132 pubmed
- Giamarellos Bourboulis E, Mouktaroudi M, Bodar E, van der Ven J, Kullberg B, Netea M, et al. Crystals of monosodium urate monohydrate enhance lipopolysaccharide-induced release of interleukin 1 beta by mononuclear cells through a caspase 1-mediated process. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:273-8 pubmed publisher..MSU crystals act in synergy with LPS for the induction of enhanced release of IL1 beta. Increased cleavage of proIL1 beta by urate-activated caspase 1 is proposed as the underlying mechanism. ..
- Knoop H, Van der Meer J, Bleijenberg G. Guided self-instructions for people with chronic fatigue syndrome: randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry. 2008;193:340-1 pubmed publisher..The level of disability was negatively correlated with treatment outcome. Guided self-instructions are an effective treatment for patients with relatively less severe chronic fatigue syndrome...
- Kooistra B, Wauters C, Van de Ven S, Strobbe L. The diagnostic value of nipple discharge cytology in 618 consecutive patients. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:573-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, its routine use for detection of ND-related breast pathology should be reconsidered carefully. Nipple discharge cytology may redirect patient management well in some cases, but it may confuse work-up in the majority. ..
- Dumont G, Kramers C, Sweep F, Touw D, van Hasselt J, de Kam M, et al. Cannabis coadministration potentiates the effects of "ecstasy" on heart rate and temperature in humans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;86:160-6 pubmed publisher..These effects may be of particular relevance for the cardiovascular safety of ecstasy users who participate in energetic dancing in nightclubs with high ambient temperature. ..
- van Vlijmen O, Maal T, Berge S, Bronkhorst E, Katsaros C, Kuijpers Jagtman A. A comparison between two-dimensional and three-dimensional cephalometry on frontal radiographs and on cone beam computed tomography scans of human skulls. Eur J Oral Sci. 2009;117:300-5 pubmed publisher..We therefore recommend that 3D models should not be used for longitudinal research in cases where there are only two-dimensional (2D) records from the past...
- McCall M, Hopman J, Daou M, Maiga B, Dara V, Ploemen I, et al. Early interferon-gamma response against Plasmodium falciparum correlates with interethnic differences in susceptibility to parasitemia between sympatric Fulani and Dogon in Mali. J Infect Dis. 2010;201:142-52 pubmed publisher..falciparum as a correlate of anti-parasite immunity, not only in this setting but also in the wider context of malaria, and support the development of malaria vaccines aimed at inducing such responses. ..
- van Geene Y, van Swieten H, Noyez L. Cardiac troponin I levels after cardiac surgery as predictor for in-hospital mortality. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;10:413-6 pubmed publisher..These patients may benefit from better monitoring, eventually with specific diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. ..
- van Rooij I, Wijers C, Rieu P, Hendriks H, Brouwers M, Knoers N, et al. Maternal and paternal risk factors for anorectal malformations: a Dutch case-control study. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2010;88:152-8 pubmed publisher..8, 342.8). This study revealed potential risk factors for ARM, including fever during pregnancy, maternal overweight, use of multivitamins, paternal smoking, and occupational exposures, but a familial component seems important as well. ..
- Blom M, Creemers M, Kievit W, Lemmens J, van Riel P. Long-term follow-up of the cervical spine with conventional radiographs in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2013;42:281-8 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of cervical spine damage due to RA was 16% at 9 years. Patients without peripheral erosive disease at 3 years were unlikely to develop cervical spine damage at 9 years. ..
- Essers G, Kramer A, Andriesse B, van Weel C, van der Vleuten C, van Dulmen S. Context factors in general practitioner-patient encounters and their impact on assessing communication skills--an exploratory study. BMC Fam Pract. 2013;14:65 pubmed publisher..Explicating context factors leads to a more deliberate and transparent rating of GP communication performance. ..
- van Huet R, Estrada Cuzcano A, Banin E, Rotenstreich Y, Hipp S, Kohl S, et al. Clinical characteristics of rod and cone photoreceptor dystrophies in patients with mutations in the C8orf37 gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:4683-90 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of postaxial polydactyly in one family suggests a syndromic phenotype, which may indicate C8orf37 has a ciliary function. ..
- Neelis E, Roskott A, Dijkstra G, Wanten G, Serlie M, Tabbers M, et al. Presentation of a nationwide multicenter registry of intestinal failure and intestinal transplantation. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:225-9 pubmed publisher..DRIFT will facilitate the multicenter monitoring of individual patients, thereby supporting multidisciplinary care and decision-making. ..
- Wanten G, Janssen F, Naber A. Saturated triglycerides and fatty acids activate neutrophils depending on carbon chain-length. Eur J Clin Invest. 2002;32:285-9 pubmed..Besides their (poly)-unsaturated counterparts, saturated triglycerides and fatty acids also activate neutrophils. Carbon chain-length is pivotal in the interaction of fatty acids and triglycerides and cells of the immune system. ..
- van der Heijden A, Moonen P, Cornel E, Vergunst H, de Reijke T, van Boven E, et al. Phase II marker lesion study with intravesical instillation of apaziquone for superficial bladder cancer: toxicity and marker response. J Urol. 2006;176:1349-53; discussion 1353 pubmed..Local side effects were comparable to side effects due to other chemotherapy instillations. ..
- Versleijen M, Oyen W, Roelofs H, van Emst de Vries S, Willems P, Jansen J, et al. Immune function and leukocyte sequestration under the influence of parenteral lipid emulsions in healthy humans: a placebo-controlled crossover study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87:539-47 pubmed..These disparate findings cannot be explained by MCT-induced leukocyte sequestration. ..
- Claahsen van der Grinten H, Duthoi K, Otten B, d Ancona F, Hulsbergen vd Kaa C, Hermus A. An adrenal rest tumour in the perirenal region in a patient with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to congenital 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;159:489-91 pubmed publisher..In adult CAH patients, ectopic adrenal rest tumours can be present outside the testicular region. Further investigations are necessary to determine whether regularly screening for these tumours is useful. ..
- Christodoulides N, Nikolidakis D, Chondros P, Becker J, Schwarz F, Rössler R, et al. Photodynamic therapy as an adjunct to non-surgical periodontal treatment: a randomized, controlled clinical trial. J Periodontol. 2008;79:1638-44 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical and microbiologic effects of the adjunctive use of PDT to non-surgical periodontal treatment...
- de Vries H, Te Morsche R, van Oijen M, Nagtegaal I, Peters W, de Jong D. The functional -765G?C polymorphism of the COX-2 gene may reduce the risk of developing crohn's disease. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15011 pubmed publisher..No correlation was found between COX-2 diplotypes and clinical characteristics of IBD. The -765G?C polymorphism was associated with a reduced risk for developing Crohn's disease in a Dutch population. ..
- Boogaarts H, Decq P, Grotenhuis J, Le Guerinel C, Nseir R, Jarraya B, et al. Long-term results of the neuroendoscopic management of colloid cysts of the third ventricle: a series of 90 cases. Neurosurgery. 2011;68:179-87 pubmed publisher..However, results have been improving over the years. Moreover, the modifications observed on control magnetic resonance images justify the need for regular control imaging for at least the first 2 years postoperatively. ..
- Rutten Jacobs L, Arntz R, Maaijwee N, Schoonderwaldt H, Dorresteijn L, van Dijk E, et al. Long-term mortality after stroke among adults aged 18 to 50 years. JAMA. 2013;309:1136-44 pubmed publisher..These findings may warrant further research evaluating secondary prevention strategies in these patients. ..
- Thomeer H, Morava E, Verbist B, Cremers C. Otological aspects and surgical outcome in a consanguineous family with a novel ANKH gene mutation. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;77:1152-7 pubmed publisher..Based on anatomical findings, a congenital origin for the ossicular chain anomaly seems likely. It remains unclear whether the sensorineural component of the hearing impairment is progressive and this should be investigated further. ..
- Van Straaten B, Rodenburg G, van der Laan J, Boersma S, Wolf J, van de Mheen D. Substance use among Dutch homeless people, a follow-up study: prevalence, pattern and housing status. Eur J Public Health. 2016;26:111-6 pubmed publisher..Attention is needed to prevent and reduce long-term homelessness among substance-using homeless people. ..
- Keijmel S, Raijmakers R, Bleeker Rovers C, Van der Meer J, Netea M, Schoffelen T, et al. Altered interferon-Î³ response in patients with Q-fever fatigue syndrome. J Infect. 2016;72:478-85 pubmed publisher..These results point to an altered cell-mediated immunity in QFS, and suggest a different immune response than in chronic Q-fever. ..
- Backus A, Schoffelen J, SzebÃ©nyi S, Hanslmayr S, Doeller C. Hippocampal-Prefrontal Theta Oscillations Support Memory Integration. Curr Biol. 2016;26:450-7 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for our understanding of memory-based decision making and knowledge acquisition. ..
- Pieterse E, Rother N, Garsen M, Hofstra J, Satchell S, Hoffmann M, et al. Neutrophil Extracellular Traps Drive Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1371-1379 pubmed publisher..Our data designate NET-associated elastase as a potential therapeutic target in the prevention of endothelial alterations in diseases characterized by aberrant NET release. ..
- Altmüller F, Lissewski C, Bertola D, Flex E, Stark Z, Spranger S, et al. Genotype and phenotype spectrum of NRAS germline variants. Eur J Hum Genet. 2017;25:823-831 pubmed publisher..With this report, we expand the genotype and phenotype spectrum of RASopathy-associated germline NRAS variants and provide evidence that NRAS variants do not spare the cancer-associated mutation hotspots. ..
- van Aken M, Oosterman J, van Rijn C, Ferdek M, Ruigt G, Peeters B, et al. Pain cognition versus pain intensity in patients with endometriosis: toward personalized treatment. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:679-686 pubmed publisher..In international guidelines on management of women with endometriosis more attention should be paid to the psychological aspects of care. ..
- Stalenhoef A, Hectors M, Demacker P. Effect of plant sterol-enriched margarine on plasma lipids and sterols in subjects heterozygous for phytosterolaemia. J Intern Med. 2001;249:163-6 pubmed..In addition, plasma cholesterol levels were reduced to the same extent as in normal or hypercholesterolaemic individuals. ..
- Jacobs J, Brasseur F, Hulsbergen van de Kaa C, van de Rakt M, Figdor C, Adema G, et al. Cancer-germline gene expression in pediatric solid tumors using quantitative real-time PCR. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:67-74 pubmed..Some rhabdomyosarcomas express several of these genes at high levels. Ewing's sarcomas have an overall low CGG expression. ..
- Swinkels D, Venselaar H, Wiegerinck E, Bakker E, Joosten I, Jaspers C, et al. A novel (Leu183Pro-)mutation in the HFE-gene co-inherited with the Cys282Tyr mutation in two unrelated Dutch hemochromatosis patients. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2008;40:334-8 pubmed..These findings may have implications for HFE-testing of iron overloaded heterozygous Cys282Tyr-patients of Northern European origin and their relatives. ..
- Hogewind B, Pieters G, Hoyng C. Octreotide acetate in dominant cystoid macular dystrophy. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2008;18:99-103 pubmed..Until now, no efficient treatments for DCMD have been reported. The authors evaluated a somatostatin-analogue (octreotide acetate) as treatment for DCMD...
- Nagelkerke A, van Kuijk S, Sweep F, Nagtegaal I, Hoogerbrugge N, Martens J, et al. Constitutive expression of ?-H2AX has prognostic relevance in triple negative breast cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2011;101:39-45 pubmed publisher..002, Hazard Ratio=6.77, 95% CI=2.07-22.2). Constitutive ?-H2AX and 53BP1 staining reveals a subset of patients with triple negative breast tumors that have a significantly poorer prognosis. ..
- Vos F, Donnelly J, Oyen W, Kullberg B, Bleeker Rovers C, Blijlevens N. 18F-FDG PET/CT for diagnosing infectious complications in patients with severe neutropenia after intensive chemotherapy for haematological malignancy or stem cell transplantation. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012;39:120-8 pubmed publisher..Besides its potential role in detecting CVC-related infection during febrile neutropenia, the high negative predictive value of (18)F-FDG PET/CT is important for avoiding unnecessary diagnostic tests and therapy. ..
- van den Brand J, Hofstra J, Wetzels J. Prognostic value of risk score and urinary markers in idiopathic membranous nephropathy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;7:1242-8 pubmed publisher..The risk score can be calculated within 6 months of diagnosis, and a simplified risk score using estimated GFR-Modification of Diet in Renal Disease may be sufficient. ..
- Meyer A, van der Meulen F. Phonological priming effects on speech onset latencies and viewing times in object naming. Psychon Bull Rev. 2000;7:314-9 pubmed
- Jongmans M, Admiraal R, van der Donk K, Vissers L, Baas A, Kapusta L, et al. CHARGE syndrome: the phenotypic spectrum of mutations in the CHD7 gene. J Med Genet. 2006;43:306-14 pubmed..Specific behavioural problems, including autistic-like behaviour, have been described. The CHD7 gene on chromosome 8q12.1 was recently discovered as a major gene involved in the aetiology of this syndrome...
- Steinfelder Visscher J, Teerenstra S, Gunnewiek J, Weerwind P. Evaluation of the i-STAT point-of-care analyzer in critically ill adult patients. J Extra Corpor Technol. 2008;40:57-60 pubmed..However, the discrepancy in hematocrit bias shows that accuracy established in one patient population cannot be automatically extrapolated to other patient populations, thus stressing the need for separate evaluation. ..
- Norde W, Overes I, Maas F, Fredrix H, Vos J, Kester M, et al. Myeloid leukemic progenitor cells can be specifically targeted by minor histocompatibility antigen LRH-1-reactive cytotoxic T cells. Blood. 2009;113:2312-23 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a rationale for use of LRH-1 as immunotherapeutic target antigen to treat residual or persisting myeloid malignancies after allogeneic SCT. ..
- Schinagl D, Hoffmann A, Vogel W, van Dalen J, Verstappen S, Oyen W, et al. Can FDG-PET assist in radiotherapy target volume definition of metastatic lymph nodes in head-and-neck cancer?. Radiother Oncol. 2009;91:95-100 pubmed publisher..However, the results are largely dependent on the PET segmentation tool used, and until proper validation FDG-PET is not recommended for target volume definition of metastatic lymph nodes in routine practice. ..
- Derikx M, Szmola R, Te Morsche R, Sunderasan S, Chacko A, Drenth J. Tropical calcific pancreatitis and its association with CTRC and SPINK1 (p.N34S) variants. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;21:889-94 pubmed publisher..The contribution of CTRC variants to TCP is relatively small, but the identification of novel loss-of-function variants (p.G61R) underscores the importance of the trypsinogen pathway in causing TCP. ..
- Herbers A, Feuth T, Donnelly J, Blijlevens N. Citrulline-based assessment score: first choice for measuring and monitoring intestinal failure after high-dose chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:1706-11 pubmed publisher..A citrulline-based assessment score appears objective, validated, reproducible, reliable, specific and sensitive making it a suitable first choice for measuring and monitoring intestinal mucositis. ..
- Bartels R, Beems T, Schutte P, Verbeek A. The rationale of postoperative radiographs after cervical anterior discectomy with stand-alone cage for radicular pain. J Neurosurg Spine. 2010;12:275-9 pubmed publisher..Obtaining radiographs are only mandatory when signs or symptoms suggesting a postoperative complication are present. The authors propose a new algorithm for the follow-up of patients after CADC placement. ..
- Wagenmakers M, Netea Maier R, van Lindert E, Pieters G, Grotenhuis A, Hermus A. Results of endoscopic transsphenoidal pituitary surgery in 40 patients with a growth hormone-secreting macroadenoma. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2011;153:1391-9 pubmed publisher..However, no large series reporting on its results have yet been published. We evaluated the outcome of endoscopic TS in 40 patients with a growth hormone (GH)-secreting macroadenoma treated in our hospital between 1998 and 2007...
- Ruijs W, Hautvast J, van Ansem W, Akkermans R, van t Spijker K, Hulscher M, et al. Measuring vaccination coverage in a hard to reach minority. Eur J Public Health. 2012;22:359-64 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we recommend to focus prevention and control of vaccine-preventable diseases on the orthodox Protestant subgroups with intermediate and low vaccination coverage. ..
- van Dongen A, Abraham C, Ruiter R, Veldhuizen I. Does questionnaire distribution promote blood donation? An investigation of question-behavior effects. Ann Behav Med. 2013;45:163-72 pubmed publisher..Despite earlier optimistic findings, there is little evidence to suggest that survey administration per se will be effective in increasing blood supplies. Implications for behavior change mechanisms are discussed. ..
- Blijlevens N, de Château M, Krivan G, Rabitsch W, Szomor A, Pytlik R, et al. In a high-dose melphalan setting, palifermin compared with placebo had no effect on oral mucositis or related patient's burden. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013;48:966-71 pubmed publisher..To conclude, palifermin was unable to reduce OM or OM-related patient's burden in MM transplant patients. ..
- Arts de Jong M, Manders C, Hoogerbrugge N, Ligtenberg M, Massuger L, De Hullu J, et al. Added value of family history in counseling about risk of BRCA1/2 mutation in early-onset epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013;23:1406-10 pubmed publisher..Prior probability of finding a BRCA1/2 mutation in these young women is largely determined by their family history, which can help caregivers in informing ahead of genetic counseling and testing. ..
- van Baal M, Bollen T, Bakker O, van Goor H, Boermeester M, Dejong C, et al. The role of routine fine-needle aspiration in the diagnosis of infected necrotizing pancreatitis. Surgery. 2014;155:442-8 pubmed publisher..07). Mortality was 19% and was not different between groups (P = .39). INP can generally be diagnosed based on clinical or imaging signs of infection. FNA may be useful in patients with unclear clinical signs and no imaging signs of INP. ..
- van Middendorp H, Kox M, Pickkers P, Evers A. The role of outcome expectancies for a training program consisting of meditation, breathing exercises, and cold exposure on the response to endotoxin administration: a proof-of-principle study. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:1081-5 pubmed publisher..If replicated, these findings may be used for predicting training responses and potentiate their effects by means of optimism-inducing interventions in patients with immune-mediated rheumatic conditions. ..
- Vink M, de Leeuw M, Luykx J, van Eijk K, van den Munkhof H, van Buuren M, et al. DRD2 Schizophrenia-Risk Allele Is Associated With Impaired Striatal Functioning in Unaffected Siblings of Schizophrenia Patients. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:843-50 pubmed publisher..We take our findings to indicate that striatal functioning is impaired in carriers of the DRD2 risk allele, likely due to dopamine dysregulation at the DRD2 location. ..
- Yntema H, Poppelaars F, Derksen E, Oudakker A, van Roosmalen T, Jacobs A, et al. Expanding phenotype of XNP mutations: mild to moderate mental retardation. Am J Med Genet. 2002;110:243-7 pubmed..These results expand the spectrum of clinical phenotypes known to be due to mutations in the XNP gene, and indicate that XNP mutation analysis should not be restricted to patients with severe MR and characteristic facial features. ..
- Abdo W, de Jong D, Hendriks J, Horstink M, Kremer B, Bloem B, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid analysis differentiates multiple system atrophy from Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2004;19:571-9 pubmed..We propose that CSF analysis may become part of the diagnostic work-up of patients with parkinsonian syndromes. ..
- Janssen A, Trijbels F, Sengers R, Wintjes L, Ruitenbeek W, Smeitink J, et al. Measurement of the energy-generating capacity of human muscle mitochondria: diagnostic procedure and application to human pathology. Clin Chem. 2006;52:860-71 pubmed..In most patients, ATP production was decreased. The proposed method can be successfully applied to the diagnosis of defects in PDHc, OXPHOS complexes, and ANT. ..
- Smits T, Kleinpenning M, Blokx W, van de Kerkhof P, van Erp P, Gerritsen M. Fluorescence diagnosis in keratinocytic intraepidermal neoplasias. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;57:824-31 pubmed..However, hyperkeratosis appeared to be an important determinant in variations in macroscopic fluorescence intensity. ..
- de Jong D, Bac D, Tan G, de Boer S, Grabowsky I, Jansen J, et al. Maintenance treatment with budesonide 6 mg versus 9 mg once daily in patients with Crohn's disease in remission. Neth J Med. 2007;65:339-45 pubmed..The one-year relapse rates were low and not significantly different between the group of patients treated with budesonide 6 mg vs 9 mg/day. Also, time to relapse and the number of adverse events were similar in both treatment groups. ..
- Zusterzeel P, Span P, Dijksterhuis M, Thomas C, Sweep F, Massuger L. Serum vascular endothelial growth factor: a prognostic factor in cervical cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:283-90 pubmed publisher..10, P = 0.03) and OS (HR = 1.92, P = 0.04). Serum VEGF levels correlate with more advanced and more aggressive disease in cervical cancer and may be a useful prognostic factor in patients with cervical cancer. ..
- Brinkman J, Lobenhoffer P, Agneskirchner J, Staubli A, Wymenga A, van Heerwaarden R. Osteotomies around the knee: patient selection, stability of fixation and bone healing in high tibial osteotomies. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008;90:1548-57 pubmed publisher..This paper highlights recent research aimed at joint pressure redistribution, fixation stability and bone healing that has led to improved surgical techniques and a decrease of post-operative time to full weight-bearing. ..
- Hansson B, Bleichrodt R, de Hingh I. Laparoscopic parastomal hernia repair using a keyhole technique results in a high recurrence rate. Surg Endosc. 2009;23:1456-9 pubmed publisher..A new mesh with a less pliable central part and without the tendency to shrink is awaited. ..
- Tan E, van de Sandt Renkema N, Krabbe P, Aronson D, Severijnen R. Quality of life in adults with childhood-onset of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome type I. Injury. 2009;40:901-4 pubmed publisher..We investigated the quality of life (QoL) in adults who have been treated for childhood-onset CRPS I...
- Roestenberg M, McCall M, Hopman J, Wiersma J, Luty A, van Gemert G, et al. Protection against a malaria challenge by sporozoite inoculation. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:468-77 pubmed publisher..Protection against a homologous malaria challenge can be induced by the inoculation of intact sporozoites. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00442377.) ..
- Horster F, Garbade S, Zwickler T, Aydin H, Bodamer O, Burlina A, et al. Prediction of outcome in isolated methylmalonic acidurias: combined use of clinical and biochemical parameters. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2009;32:630 pubmed publisher..The prognosis is still unfavourable in patients with neonatal metabolic crises and non-responsiveness to cobalamin, in particular mut(0) patients. ..
- Beurskens C, Oosterhof J, Nijhuis van der Sanden M. Frequency and location of synkineses in patients with peripheral facial nerve paresis. Otol Neurotol. 2010;31:671-5 pubmed publisher..Synkinesis can affect eating, drinking, and speaking and can be socially distressing because of facial asymmetry and disruption of intended emotional expressions...
- Thomeer H, Admiraal R, Hoefsloot L, Kunst H, Cremers C. Proximal symphalangism, hyperopia, conductive hearing impairment, and the NOG gene: 2 new mutations. Otol Neurotol. 2011;32:632-8 pubmed publisher..To report on 2 families with proximal symphalangism syndrome and 2 new NOG gene mutations and to report on the outcomes of exploratory tympanotomy...
- Meijer P, Wouters C, Oyen W, Boerman O, Scheffer G, Smits P, et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade does not enhance apoptotic cell death during ischemia and reperfusion in humans in vivo. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2011;57:702-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, irbesartan does not enhance phosphatidylserine exposition in humans in vivo. The results of this study do not support enhanced apoptotic activity after treatment with irbesartan in a setting of ischemia and reperfusion. ..
- de Bloom J, Geurts S, Sonnentag S, Taris T, de Weerth C, Kompier M. How does a vacation from work affect employee health and well-being?. Psychol Health. 2011;26:1606-22 pubmed publisher..Choosing especially pleasant vacation activities and avoiding negative incidents as well as passive activities during active vacations apparently contributes to the positive effect of vacation on H&W. ..
- Venderbosch S, Doornebal J, Teerenstra S, Lemmens W, Punt C, Koopman M. Outcome of first line systemic treatment in elderly compared to younger patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective analysis of the CAIRO and CAIRO2 studies of the Dutch Colorectal Cancer Group (DCCG). Acta Oncol. 2012;51:831-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that initial dose reduction of CAP monotherapy may be indicated in elderly patients. ..